Done Make Command to undo /ioo

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
With the advent of the permanent /ionext switch there's a lot of cases where I challenge a user to a battle (eg for a tournament), and because one of us forgot to untick the hide game box, the game is hidden and invite only. This requires two commands (/publicroom, /inviteonly off) to undo, and doing so can occasionally cause that weird red text bug.

This is a simple proposal to make a command (maybe /iooff) to turn off both simultaneously if possible.

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Its a bunch of red text that appears when you turn off /ioo in some matches; had to get someone else's screenshot of it (was forwarded this screenshot, don't know who cathie wood is):

Screen_Shot_2021-01-22_at_5.png

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Anyway, this is awkward because /ioo is just an alias for /inviteonly on. Setting a room to invite-only automatically makes the room hidden, because public rooms can't be invite-only.

All this is irrelevant because we have room passwords properly working, so I just updated it so the checkbox no longer sets inviteonly, just hidden. You can now make the room public with /publicroom as normal.

Last edited:

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
Anyway, this is awkward because /ioo is just an alias for /inviteonly on. Setting a room to invite-only automatically makes the room hidden, because public rooms can't be invite-only.

All this is irrelevant because we have room passwords properly working, so I just updated it so the checkbox no longer sets inviteonly, just hidden. You can now make the room public with /publicroom as normal.
What do you mean by room passwords?

I assume that having it being hidden would just mean if you shared the link, whoever had the link could join?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
What do you mean by room passwords?

I assume that having it being hidden would just mean if you shared the link, whoever had the link could join?
Yes, the advantage of hidden rooms is that you can share the link instead of using the /invite command; they do the same thing and sharing the link can be easier.

"Room passwords" means that the link contains a password so it can't be guessed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)