Make Love Not Warcraft - A (not so common) OU RMT

Although this is a great team, I think that the reason that people don't want to rate is that the team-building process you gave seems so arbitrary and dumb. " walling core of a Physical Tank Dusknoir and a Screening Bronzong" seems a bit weird, as Skarmbliss works much the same, and is more well-known. Some players may think that the team is coming from a n00b for using Dusknoir+Bronzong, as n00bs tend to use lower OU and UU pokemon in OU play more than leaderboard players. "This was when I realized it would be a good idea to base my team around a Gyarados sweep" also seems a little random, although you attempted to back it up later. It would probably be better to explain your reasoning better for choosing each pokemon. I know when I read it that I almost left the RMT, just because it sounded kind of dumb. PLEASE PLEASE don't take this as an insult, because I don't mean it like that, I just mean to say that perhaps your wording put off a few possible reviewers. Now for the rate:
I think that this is a very solid team. The typing on this team provides a lot of resistances, and Dusnoir+Bronzong forms a nice defensive core, especially once screens are setup. However, I see SD Infernape being a big annoyance to this team, being faster than and OHKOing everything but Dusknoir and Flygon. When partnered with, say, Starmie or Swampert to provide powerful special attacks to complement Infernape's physical attacks, they can severely hurt your team. I would suggest a Scarfed Starmie or Azelf to combat these threats and any boosting sweeper that may attempt to ravage your team. I don't know what you would switch it for, but that could greatly help your team.
Thanks I will change the wording around. Which slot should be replaced with Scarfed Starmie/Azelf, though? Flygon? I will do some playtesting.

I'll rate it, just because your avatar is fucking awesome. If it was a Shiny Pidgey, it would be even better, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

I'm not understanding why exactly you need Magnezone on this team. If you were to change Gyarados a bit, from an offensive Gyarados to a bulky Dragon Dance set, you could set up on Skarmory after the Taunt, and shut down any Forretress, fearing only Explosion, which you can absorb with Dusknoir.

Speaking of Dusknoir, you mention crippling physical sweepers, but no one is seriously going to keep something like Swords Dance Lucario in on Dusknoir. Will-o-wisp is so standard on Dusknoir that it's so easy to predict around it. Life Orb Heatran can come in on a predicted Will-o-wisp or Hidden Power [Fire] from Magnezone and wreck three members of your team with Fire Blast alone. Substitute Life Orb Heatran is the absolute worst for this team, since, depending on the third attack, it can wreck 4/6 members of your team. I also noticed that Choice Scarf Heatran damages you too. Hidden Power [Electric] Heatran especially, since Flygon and Gyarados can only absorb so many Fire Blasts, Gyarados due to Stealth Rock, and Flygon due to the lack of Recovery.

I don't really see the point in altering your Shuca Heatran, since Overheat doesn't give you a 100% chance to OHKO Machamp without Specs. That doesn't really matter though, since Dusknoir is practically a perfect Machamp counter. Actually, the only thing that is honestly better than Dusknoir against Machamp would probably be Slowbro, since it has perfect Recovery.

Don't use Heatproof over Levitate. You said that you had a problem with your opponent setting up Spikes on you. Well, there goes the surprise element of Heatproof. The fact that you're losing an immunity to take neutral damage isn't that much greater either.

You might want to try Jolly over Adamant on Gyarados. Choice Specs Jolteon still out-speeds you and OHKOs you with Thunderbolt, even through Light Screen. Have you considered Bounce over Earthquake on Gyarados? Bounce will allow it to have a decent chance in beating Starmie and Celebi at +1, something you can't do with your current set.

There's probably more that needs to be addressed, but I've got my own team to build. I'll try and finish up this rate tomorrow, or later today.
I see your point about Magnezone and Bulky DD Gyarados, and I will take that into consideration. If Magnezone were to be removed, what would replace it? cosmicexplorer mentioned adding Scarfed Starmie or Azelf to the team, so perhaps they could go in Magnezone's slot.

As for WoW on Dusknoir, you said yourself that Lucario isn't going to stay in on Dusknoir anyways, so why would I WoW? Normally when a Lucario is sent in I just go for the EQ anyways because it puts them at <30% health, and at least <17% after SR and LO recoil damage if they attack. EQ will pretty much OHKO Heatran on the switch-in what with SR damage. If it doesn't they are left at so little health that LO recoil will kill them anyways. I try not to be too predictable about using WoW. Even if LO Heatran gets in on my Dusknoir on the WoW and KO's my Dusknoir with Fire Blast, Flygon still outspeeds and OHKO's Heatran with EQ.

I'm obviously not going to use Heatproof over Levitate, I already addressed this issue in a few previous posts.

I have considered using Jolly over Adamant on my Gyarados, but even if the opposing team has a SpecJolt, I can always switch into my Flygon to absorb the Thunderbolt, then U-Turn out on the switch-in as they expect an EQ. However, I see your point; with Jolly this switching wouldn't be necessary, so I will playtest Jolly > Adamant on Gyarados and see how that works out.

Hello Acid,

I remember battling this team. ^_^

First of all, use HP Ice or Grass over Fire, thunderbolt does more damage. Second, I think you should run the Physical Choice Scarfed set on Flygon instead on the mixed Flygon.

Dusknior is just outclassed by the Rotom appliances, and in this metagame Dusknior just isn't up to standard as in the old metagame. Anyways, to help with the Snorlax problem replace dusknior with

Sleep Talking Machamp
Adamant
Evs: 252hp/252ark/4spe
~Dynamic Punch
~Payback
~Rest
~Sleep Talk

This will add some much needed bulk to your team.
I will test HP Grass > HP Fire and see how it fares. The entire point of running the Specially Based LO set is that it can bluff the Scarf set and KO some threats I wouldn't be able to otherwise, so I think I will keep my Flygon the way it is. Also as a general rule I hate Rotom appliances, none of which have room for any form of recovery on their sets, and always fall to Crunch/Pursuit on scarftar. Dusknoir still has a chance of surviving and Will-O-Wisping back, and even has a good chance of killing Tyranitar with several EQ's should they go for the Pursuit and I stay in and burn them. I am not replacing Dusknoir with Machamp, as I then have no answer to opposing Machamp and have no spin-blocker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)