In Progress Make subroomgroupchats inherit parent room's roomsettings by default

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I'll often use subroomgroupchats for testing purposes for VGC's room bot (e.g. for tournaments). Having to set permissions every time to match room settings when it comes to tournaments, etc. is fairly annoying. I think it makes sense to inherit the settings of the parent room in most cases anyway; after all, you're inheriting roomauth.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Working on this.
Clarifying question: do you want just the settings in /roomsettings, or more?

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
In /roomsettings. For example, if in the VGC room, I have tournaments set to %, if I create a subroomgroupchat, I would expect tournaments to be set to % in /roomsettings by default in that subroomgroupchat. Or if Blackjack is disabled in the VGC room, I would expect Blackjack to be disabled by default in subroomgroupchat.

I don't believe this has been done yet. I agree that subrooms and subroom groupchats should inherit settings from the main room upon creation. Tagging Annika as this seems like something they'd be interested in doing.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
On GitHub, I pointed out that a lot of settings make sense to inherit but a lot of them don't. For instance, most crowd control features (like slowchat and disabling games) don't really need to be inherited.

On GitHub, I pointed out that a lot of settings make sense to inherit but a lot of them don't. For instance, most crowd control features (like slowchat and disabling games) don't really need to be inherited.
The point is to be inherited by default instead of using the current default room settings, which aren't really standard across rooms anyway. The room would change settings regardless if it has a different purpose from the main room. Games and other stuff should definitely be inherited as it is better than using the default.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)