Done Make these moves reccomended

AllTerrainVen0moth

Banned deucer.
Dual Wingbeat - A lot of pokemon use this move, such as Talonflame, Scyther, Ninjask, and more.

Geomancy - its obvious

Grassy Glide / Expanding Force - Theyre the best terrain moves

Terrain Pulse - Weather Ball is considered useful, why not the terrain variant?

Mystical Fire - its a good fire move that a lot of pokemon use

Dual Wingbeat: It's like Dual Chop as moves normally worse than their counterparts (Drill Peck, Dragon Claw). However Dual Wingbeat is the primary stab for certain fliers while dclaw is learned by all dragons with chop. idk if chop should also be added but eh

Glide/EForce/RVoltage are only generally only good if you are the terrain setter or in doubles so a conditional is prob required

Terrain Pulse: Often you already have the coverage needed/wanted. Weather Ball is useful for grass types already reliant on sun for chlorophyll to get fire coverage. While the only case TP is useful is grass on Clawitzer and mayybe blastoise.

Mythical Fire: Generally unviable if you already have flamethrower, only good for distribution

AllTerrainVen0moth

Banned deucer.
Glide/EForce/RVoltage are only generally only good if you are the terrain setter or in doubles so a conditional is prob required

Terrain Pulse: Often you already have the coverage needed/wanted. Weather Ball is useful for grass types already reliant on sun for chlorophyll to get fire coverage. While the only case TP is useful is grass on Clawitzer and mayybe blastoise.

Mythical Fire: Generally unviable if you already have flamethrower, only good for distribution
probs conditionals

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mystical Fire is supposed to be accounted for, it looks like, and but the code requires a format before Gen 4 and a user without Flamethrower/Fire Blast, and I assume that and is supposed to be or. Assuming so, that's a trivial fix.

JavaScript:
case 'hiddenpowerfire': case 'mysticalfire':
    return (dex.gen < 4 && !moves.includes('firepunch')) && !moves.includes('flamethrower') && !moves.includes('fireblast');
I tried this in teambuilder myself, and Generation 8 Gardevoir and Sylveon did not return Mystical Fire as useful, but Generation 3 properly returned Hidden Power Fire as useful on Tropius and not useful on Blissey, so I assume that is what it is.

"Dual Wingbeat if Technican" seems reasonable. Even if it isn't STAB, or the user has Drill Peck/BB, its a 120BP 90 Acc move with no recoil.

Geomancy should probably be added under good status moves. I had wondered if the section was just not updated for recent accessibility, but Nature's Madness is included, and that move isn't accessible in Generation 8, so maybe there is a reason it isn't added?

"Grassy Glide if Grassy Surge OR format is doubles" seems reasonable assuming the move is good in doubles.

Same as above for Expanding Force. If it could also be shown as usable if format is Monotype, but I do not think that is possible.

Terrain Pulse I'm not sure about. Besides what Tmi said, Indeedee is the only setter to naturally get it, and it learns Expanding Force anyway.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)