Making a team based off of Scizor

I always lose and i need constructive criticism. Suggest anything and everything

Scizor w/ scizorite
252 atk/spd
Bullet punch
Swords dance
X scissor
Suggest 4th move
Gengar
252 spatk/spd
Hypnosis
Dream eater
Hex
Suggest fourth move

Garchomp
252 atk/spd
Fore fang
Protect
EQ
Dragon claw
Medicham

252 atk/spd
Thinder punch
Fire punch
Zen headbutt
Hi jump kick

Suggest the last two pokemon for 6 man team. Willing to improve because i suck really bad. I'm at a 1300 rating in doubles and 1200 in singles. Any help is greatly appreciated

Gengar

For Gengar I recommend the fourth move be pain split.

Mega Scizor

Mega Scizor is really awesome but its 4x weakness to fire is a pain give it an occa berry so that it can actually survive a hit. Another option is the expert belt to boost super effective attacks <-- Megas don't hold items silly me! Replace x-scissor with bug bite, technician boosts bug bite's power to 90, which is more than x-scissor's 80 power.

Garchomp

Same deal with garchomp, give it the Yache berry to prevent Ice sweeping. If you want, you could be reckless and use a life orb instead. Also replace protect with swords dance; earthquake is a physical attack you know.

You need a support pokemon and a good lead. I've tried this:

Latias

Code:
Latias (F) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psycho Shift
- Healing Wish
- Dragon Pulse
- Psychic
As you can see, Latias can just pass a burn on to any pokemon it wants over and over again. In addition, when its about to die, and Scizor or Garchop is low on health, switch into it and use healing wish. The next pokemon you send in will be fully restored.

Finally, as a lead, use

Politoed

Code:
Politoed (F) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Surf
- Body Slam
- Baton Pass
- Belly Drum
I know you team is based off Mega-Scizor so here: you can use Politoed to set up mega scizor. Drizzle sets up rain to weaken fire type, belly drum maximizes attack, and then you can safely baton pass into Scizor. This way it comes in at maximum attack and resistance to fire, so it should sweep pretty easily.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This team, while surely is probably good (I'm not an OU player, so I honestly can't tell you) the XY Other Teams section is for Teams that are NOT OU (Which this one obviously is) Also for Rate My Teams, you shouldn't have someone just build it for you. While it's wonderful to have someone nice like Baze Badger tell you what you need, it often doesn't happen. You also should have at least three lines of description for every pokemon. Just letting you know. I would rate your team, but I am not an OU player in the slightest.

This team, while surely is probably good (I'm not an OU player, so I honestly can't tell you) the XY Other Teams section is for Teams that are NOT OU (Which this one obviously is) Also for Rate My Teams, you shouldn't have someone just build it for you. While it's wonderful to have someone nice like Baze Badger tell you what you need, it often doesn't happen. You also should have at least three lines of description for every pokemon. Just letting you know. I would rate your team, but I am not an OU player in the slightest.
I will keept that in mind next time

I will keept that in mind next time
No you need to do it, or the thread will get locked. Posting a 4-pokemon team is also not allowed, nor is posting an OU team in the Other Teams sections. Also, do not take that guys suggestions as they are sub-optimal (aka p bad imo).

Scizor: 252 atk 32 spd rest in hp swords dance/bullet punch/knock off/roost Scizorite

Gengar: 252 sp atk 252 spd timid shadow ball/sludge bomb/focus blast and then taunt or substitute @ black sludge

Garchomp: 252 atk 252 spd jolly earthquake/outrage/stealth rock/stone edge @ focus sash

Medicham: Medicham is not a good pokemon when it is not holding a mega stone, and you should replace it. Use conkeldurrrr 16 spd 252 att rest in hp adamant drain punch/knock off/ice punch/mach punch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)