Done Making !rank visible to all in battles and replays

As of right now, it appears that /rank and !rank do the same things in the chat of any given battle. With the current issue of the ELO ladder updates not always showing at the end of a battle, there is no way to see the ELOs of the competitors when the game starts or ends unless you go a different route to do so. Thus, I am proposing that using the !rank should allow all users to be able to see the ELO(s) (only for the tier that the battle is in) of a player in the battle chat in case the ladder updates do not show, and for any other reason this may be necessary.

Last edited:

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
You can always use /rank [player name] to check a player's ELOs. This will update as fast as the ladder will (were aware of those issues). Is this suggestion maybe saying have a command to find the ELO's of the players of a battle and only for the format they are playing?

Yes, it would only be for that tier since otherwise it could be a very lengthy post if one of the competitors played in a lot of tiers. This would be specifically for the tier that the battle takes place in, and everyone would be able to see it, including in saved replays of the battle.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I don't know if I approve. Most other games don't do this, probably for good reason.

My reasoning behind this was so that in the case that the ladder fails to update there would be an option for players to manually show ELOs in the chat that could be viewed in a replay using something like !rank, not only for the purpose of making it available to use. With that said, after the conversation I believe that Hoeen's suggestion might work better:
I think this isnt a bad idea, though we should also display both player's ELOs automatically at the start of the match. I feel it would be useful to have an automatically logged record of both player's ELOs at the start of the match.
I'm not sure if your concern is with the !rank option itself or with both ideas, but nonetheless I do think that Hoeen's suggestion would work well as it would still show in replays and you wouldn't need the !rank option if the ELOs are already shown at the start of the battle.

Ilikebugs

WGO 3rd Place
Should it be made instead that you can't check the rank of someone you are in battle against? I think that if there are any bad outcomes then it should be impossible to do it entirely, otherwise why not make an ease of life change if there is no other reason not to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)