move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Icicle Spear / Icicle Crash
move 4: Ice Shard / Rock Tomb
item: Focus Sash
ability: Thick Fat
nature: Jolly / Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
This set is used as a lead dedicated to setting Stealth Rock and pressuring opposing Dragon- and Steel-type leads, such as Dragapult and Excadrill, with Mamoswine’s Ice and Ground-type STAB moves. Icicle Crash is an option over Icicle Spear as a STAB move for a higher power output, though the shaky accuracy and inability to hurt Mimikyu after breaking its Disguise makes it slightly less reliable. Ice Shard is very useful for revenge killing weakened threats late game - or getting chip damage before being KO’d. Rock Tomb is another option for Mamoswine that allows it to slow down opponents, aiding its teammates in setting up by forcing switches. Superpower is another option to hit Tyranitar or Ferrothorn harder. Focus Sash is obligatory, as it allows Mamoswine to reliably set Stealth Rock, and also allows for maximum investment in Speed, which lets Mamoswine pressure opposing leads. A Jolly nature is used so that Mamoswine outspeeds Adamant Excadrill, but an Adamant nature is also usable for the extra damage output.

Mamoswine partners well with Pokemon such as Gyarados, Dragapult, and Mimikyu, who all appreciate the chip damage that Stealth Rock provides. Mamoswine can act as a sponge for Electric-type attacks for partners like Gyarados and Barraskewda, who prefer not to deal with these threats directly. However, some common Electric-type Pokemon such as Rotom-W and Rotom-H can retaliate with Hydro Pump or Will-O-Wisp, so be cautious.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Moose And Goose, 318849]]
- Quality checked by: [[Theorymon, 29010], [Psynergy, 248085]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Mafeking, 122460]]

Last edited by a moderator:

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I'd personally make Ice Shard the first slash in, just because the priority is what Mamoswine is most notorious for (and helps vs 1v1 situations like Dragapult), and I don't know if Icicle Crash actually needs to be slashed in, since Mimikyu is a pretty high profile target. I'd wait for other QC members before removing Icicle Crash though. I just can't see myself using it.

I'd also mention that a big boon for Superpower is that it 2HKOs Dynamaxed Tyranitar. That's a big deal, since otherwise Dynamax Weakness Policy Tyranitar actually wins vs Mamoswine!

Also, while its true that Mamoswine can switch into electric moves just fine, note that the 2 big STAB users of Electric moves (Rotom-W and Rotom-H) can threaten Mamoswine with Will-O-Wisp or Hydro Pump.

Only other thing I'd mention is that Jolly is neat for outspeeding Adamant Excadrill, but that an Adamant nature (and thus slash in for the set) is fine for the extra damage output.

Once you implement my stuff, consider this QC Approved 1/2!

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
I agree with Theorymon about Ice Shard, I don't think I'd ever drop it on Mamoswine. If anything I'd be dropping Stealth Rock if I want Superpower, and mostly on a Choice Scarf set as mentioned above. For a preview I don't think we need to mention that though. Likewise with Icicle Crash, I don't think it's worth using over Icicle Spear since on average it's similar in power and also messes with Focus Sash and Mimikyu.

Otherwise this looks good, QC 2/2 but only if you fix Stealth Rock because the GP checkers will come to your house and slap you with a large trout if you write Stealth Rocks in an analysis.

So I'd personally make Ice Shard the first slash in, just because the priority is what Mamoswine is most notorious for (and helps vs 1v1 situations like Dragapult), and I don't know if Icicle Crash actually needs to be slashed in, since Mimikyu is a pretty high profile target. I'd wait for other QC members before removing Icicle Crash though. I just can't see myself using it.

I'd also mention that a big boon for Superpower is that it 2HKOs Dynamaxed Tyranitar. That's a big deal, since otherwise Dynamax Weakness Policy Tyranitar actually wins vs Mamoswine!

Also, while its true that Mamoswine can switch into electric moves just fine, note that the 2 big STAB users of Electric moves (Rotom-W and Rotom-H) can threaten Mamoswine with Will-O-Wisp or Hydro Pump.

Only other thing I'd mention is that Jolly is neat for outspeeding Adamant Excadrill, but that an Adamant nature (and thus slash in for the set) is fine for the extra damage output.

Once you implement my stuff, consider this QC Approved 1/2!
I agree with Theorymon about Ice Shard, I don't think I'd ever drop it on Mamoswine. If anything I'd be dropping Stealth Rock if I want Superpower, and mostly on a Choice Scarf set as mentioned above. For a preview I don't think we need to mention that though. Likewise with Icicle Crash, I don't think it's worth using over Icicle Spear since on average it's similar in power and also messes with Focus Sash and Mimikyu.

Otherwise this looks good, QC 2/2 but only if you fix Stealth Rock because the GP checkers will come to your house and slap you with a large trout if you write Stealth Rocks in an analysis.
Done! I hope I dont get slapped by a trout. Now a Dracovish though...

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
remove additions (comments)

[SET]
name: Stealth Rock Lead
move 1: Stealth Rock

[SET COMMENTS]
This set is used as a lead dedicated to setting Stealth Rock and pressuring opposing Dragon-Type and Steel-type leads(add comma) such as Dragapult and Excadrill(add comma) with Mamoswine’s unique Ice- and Ground-type type STAB moves. (while Ice/Ground is unique to the Swines, having STAB on either type is not unique to them) Icicle Crash is an option over Icicle Spear as a STAB move for a higher power output, though the shaky accuracy and inability to hurt Mimikyu after breaking its Disguise makes it slightly less reliable. Ice Shard is very useful for revenge killing weakened threats late-game, (add hyphen)(remove comma) or getting chip damage before being KO’d. Rock Tomb is another option for Mamoswine that allows it to slow down opponents, aiding its teammates in setting up by forcing switches out opponents. Superpower is another option to hit Tyranitar or Ferrothorn harder. Focus Sash is obligatory, as it allows Mamoswine to reliably set Stealth Rock, and also allows for maximum speed investment in Speed, which lets Mamoswine pressure opposing leads. A Jolly nature allows is used so that Mamoswine to outspeeds Adamant Excadrill, but an Adamant nature is also usable for the extra damage output.

Mamoswine partners well with Pokemon such as Gyarados, Dragapult, and Mimikyu, who all appreciate the chip damage that Stealth Rock provides. Mamoswine can act as an Electric-Type a sponge for Electric-type attacks for partners Pokemon like Gyarados and Barraskewda, who prefer not to deal with these threats directly,. (change the comma for a period) but common However, some common Electric-type Pokemon such as Rotom-H and Rotom-W Rotom-W or Rotom-H can retaliate with Hydro Pump or Will-O-Wisp, so be cautious. (just swapped the Rotom formes here bc Hydro Pump is listed first and it's exclusive to Wash)

Good work, mostly just small fixes and some wording changes to avoid repetition. GP 1/1.

contrib_gp.png

Last edited:
remove additions (comments)

[SET]
name: Stealth Rock Lead
move 1: Stealth Rock

[SET COMMENTS]
This set is used as a lead dedicated to setting Stealth Rock and pressuring opposing Dragon-Type and Steel-type leads(add comma) such as Dragapult and Excadrill(add comma) with Mamoswine’s unique Ice- and Ground-type type STAB moves. (while Ice/Ground is unique to the Swines, having STAB on either type is not unique to them) Icicle Crash is an option over Icicle Spear as a STAB move for a higher power output, though the shaky accuracy and inability to hurt Mimikyu after breaking its Disguise makes it slightly less reliable. Ice Shard is very useful for revenge killing weakened threats late-game, (add hyphen)(remove comma) or getting chip damage before being KO’d. Rock Tomb is another option for Mamoswine that allows it to slow down opponents, aiding its teammates in setting up by forcing switches out opponents. Superpower is another option to hit Tyranitar or Ferrothorn harder. Focus Sash is obligatory, as it allows Mamoswine to reliably set Stealth Rock, and also allows for maximum speed investment in Speed, which lets Mamoswine pressure opposing leads. A Jolly nature allows is used so that Mamoswine to outspeeds Adamant Excadrill, but an Adamant nature is also usable for the extra damage output.

Mamoswine partners well with Pokemon such as Gyarados, Dragapult, and Mimikyu, who all appreciate the chip damage that Stealth Rock provides. Mamoswine can act as an Electric-Type a sponge for Electric-type attacks for partners Pokemon like Gyarados and Barraskewda, who prefer not to deal with these threats directly,. (change the comma for a period) but common However, some common Electric-type Pokemon such as Rotom-H and Rotom-W Rotom-W or Rotom-H can retaliate with Hydro Pump or Will-O-Wisp, so be cautious. (just swapped the Rotom formes here bc Hydro Pump is listed first and it's exclusive to Wash)

Good work, mostly just small fixes and some wording changes to avoid repetition. GP 1/1.

View attachment 210260
Made these changes so Mamoswine is done!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)