Lil' Cute & Spikey Thing
Lil' Cute & Spikey Thing
- Avearage Mixed Attacking stats.
- Access to Spikes.
- Great abilities to chose from such as Chlorophyll, making it the fastest spiker in the NU Tier.
- A good Sun Supporter.
- Outclassed offensively by other Chlorophyll users, while as a Spikes user it competes with Roselia, Scolipede, and Garbodor.
- It's slow speed when not under sun and its frail defenses hold it back from being very effective.
- Very bland movepool.
name: Speedy Spikes
move 1: Sunny Day
move 2: Spikes
move 3: SolarBeam
move 4: Hidden Power [Rock] / Hidden Power [Fire] / Toxic
item: Heat Rock
evs: 4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
- Sets up Sun for all of its team, while also patching up its own speed issues.
- Fastest Spiker in the tier
- SolarBeam will pack a punch.
- Can easily be knocked out before it gets a chance to set up.
- Very easily set-up on.
- You can opt to use either Hidden Power [Rock] or Hidden Power [Fire]. Hidden Power [Rock] can be used to hit Pokemon such as Charizard or Jynx super-effectively;while Hidden Power [Fire] gains Pseudo-STAB under the sun and can pick off slower Grass-Types and other slower Chlorophyll users (Only Tropius and Bellossom might I add).
- Sunny Day lets Maractus support its team and outspeed its opponent next turn, giving Maractus an opportunity to set up Spikes.
- Support its team with Spikes.
- Timid over Modest for as much speed as possible
- Heat Rock over any other item for the longer sun
- Hidden Power [Ice] can be used on this set to destroy Altaria
- Can use Giga Drain for semi-reliable recovery, but Maractus won't be sticking around long at all.
- Growth can be used over spikes to become an amazing sun sweeper, but then it loses the main draw of maractus, spikes
- Good teammates include Sawsbuck and Charizard who can both take advantage of the sun. Some other good teammates include other Chlorophyll users such as Victreebel and Shiftry, and Fire-Types such as Rapidash, who get their STAB's boosted to ver high levels.
- Regirock is also a great partner as it can set up Stealth Rock, is bulky enough to be another Sun Supporter, and can also counter Sun Team's enemy: Kangaskhan.
- As mentioned already a few options include growth, for a gimmicky sun sweeper that is outclassed by Shiftry
- Knock off can be used to support further but is usually not worth the moveslot
- Synthesis can be used on the sun set to provide recovery
- Cotton Guard can be used to boost its defense to astounding levels, but it's still very frail on the special side
- A physical set consisting of Sucker Punch/Wood Hammer/Substitute/Drain Punch can be used, but it is entirely outclassed by Cacturne and it has a less than average Attack
- A Focus Sash+Endeavor set can be used, but is very gimmicky
- A very lesser used move that Maractus could potentially use is Cotton Spore, which helps mitigate Maractus' horrible speed, but the opponent can just switch out, so this move is gimmicky at best.
- Finally, grasswhistle can be used, but the horrible 55% accuracy makes it not very usable on anything.
- Water Absorb could be used for the added recovery and an immunity to water, but most of the time Chlorophyll is the far better option.
- Can use Energy Ball or Grass Knot as an attacking move, but usually these aren't the greatest options.
- Storm Drain is another option as it boosts Maractus' Special Attack, which can be helpful at times.
- Rain Dancers such as Ludicolo and Liepard put a rest to its Chlorophyll.
- Fire-Types such as Rapidash and Charizard roast it (pun intended)
- Flying-Types such as Swellow also limit Maractus' potential
- Natu is a hard counter to Maractus and can easily set up screens on it.
- Any Taunt user with a 61 base speed or above puts an end to maractus completely
- Torkoal and Armaldo, the NU spinners , both can destroy Maractus with there STABs and proceed to spin away your spikes, however it can defeat the other spinner, Wartortle.
- Dedicated Special Walls are also counters to Maractus, such as Mantine and Musharna, as any of Maractus' attacks will be very ineffective, while both of these pokemon can set up and proceed to sweep your team.
- Its bulk is very frail even with investment, so most attackers severely dent it or OHKO it.
[P.S- This is my very first RMT and I plan to do more. If you would please, could you be a little bit tougher on my work? And also kind of show me the ropes please ^.^ Thank you in advance]