ORAS NU MARCU5theBAW5's Rap Squad (made by me myself and i)

Despite the RMT's Title, I am not much of a rapper, but you can see me and some other people spitting some fire right here.

You guessed it. Another NU RMT from your favorite user, MARCU5theBAW5 .
What else can I say? I'm not tryna make this like the last RMT where I had a long intro of absolutely nothing. Whatever.

Flareon @ Flame Plate
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Quick Attack
- Sleep Talk

This is what I ended up building a team around. I was bored when I decided to build a team around a Fire type that was PU by usage. I decided to try out a Flareon cause I can. Flare Blitz, Superpower, and Quick Attack are literally the only 3 physical attacking moves it has though. Usually, I just throw on Will-O-Wisp cause I have a Flame Plate and 3 Attacks + Wisp was my favorite set to use back when Fire types were almost everywhere (you know, like around the typh megarupt suspect). Anyways, I threw on Sleep Talk as the last move, just something I wanted to see if I could experiment with, however I never actually clicked the move for the first few games. Actually, the only time I clicked it was when I was testing the team for a few games and I ran into a mono bug team, so I predicted Vivilon to pop a Sleep Powder, went for Sleep Talk on the turn...

...and got superpower, which changed the whole gameplan for a while. I play it the exact same way I always do, try to switch in on Will-O-Wisps and then just attempt to blast something on the following turn.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 204 SpD / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Scald

To be honest, I don't know where this set came from. It was just something I thought of. It actually works decently as an offensive pivot, I usually end up just Thunder Waving and Volt Switching for most of the game, with maybe a few Scalds here and there, what you know bout it? I don't have too many scenarios where I go for HP Grass but it's nice for Lanturn vs. Lanturn wars or something. Thunder Wave is actually pretty cool support for this team as it is mostly slow and it helps Flareon and Hitmonchan outspeed stuff.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Flamethrower

Weezing? More like WE SING!!!!!!1 Okay, that was awful. Allow me to excuse myself now.
Anyways, Weezing is a pretty cool supporter for this team, burning stuff and taking Fighting Type hits, which is something that Flareon and Lanturn won't do. Ever. If I can outspeed something like Piloswine or Prinplup, I can Taunt them to prevent them from getting up Rocks. In most other cases I'll have to try to Spin with Hitmonchan though.

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Roost

At this point I was looking for something that could set up a sweep, because nothing else on my team is able to do that. Scyther works pretty well, and it's also really bulky, so if I ever have to scout for something, I usually do it by tactical loop switching with Scyther and Lanturn. I don't know. I usually U-Turn a lot early on in the battle and depending on what my opponent has and what part of the battle we're on, try to set up a sweep. However in some cases I end up completely forgetting my opponent has something like Rhydon or Regirock, sitting at full HP, so I end up hitting them up with a +2 U-Turn and switching into what usually ends up being Weezing or Rhydon depending on the situation.

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Rhydon's looking pretty good in NU right now, and I'm going with the standard SR set cause I needed hazards. Uhh, all of it's abilities are 100% worthless for it, unless you want to use Double-Edge with Rock Head / Reckless, but that probably wouldn't be that great. Anyways, Rhydon helps get Rocks for this team and checks Normal types and birds with its Rock typing. I don't actually know what else. It's just Rhydon. That's literally what this is, standard.rhydon. Whatever, moving on.

Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

And finally, last on the list we got...what is this? A boxer in a man skirt or something? We all know that Hitmonlee is just a chicken nugget. Anyways, Hitmonchan supports the team with hazard removal, which is pretty helpful for Scyther and Flareon. Unfortunately, it's known to be afraid of ghosts and is usually not able to do much damage to them, but in NU, that's not the case. In NU, it can manage to do decent damage to ghosts.

Haunter, Mismagius, and Rotom are absolute PAPER defensively and are probably all take big damage from Ice Punch. Golurk is weak to Ice Punch. Dusclops is bad. Dusknoir is definitely better than Dusclops, but still not that great. It does have trouble with Misdreavus but for the most part, my whole team doesn't. Shedinja also walls the set but like Misdreavus can be dealt with by the rest of my team. Same with Gourgeist, who, despite having the Ice Punch weakness definitely takes one and probably burns me, which I don't want cause then it most likely takes another one and heals up.

Back to what I was saying, Hitmonchan is pretty good offensively and Iron Fist boosted Mach Punch is a pretty great way to get revenge kills on stuff that probably would survive without the Iron Fist boost. I don't know how to conclude this part of the RMT so I'm going to do it by typing out this sentence.

This has been your favorite user, MARCU5theBAW5 , with a new team. Hold up though, I ain't done yet.

See how I play the team. Featuring Bad Misclicks That Almost Cost Me the Game, and Some Salt From My Opponent When I Managed To Not Completely Lose

[replay]nu-281816957[/replay]

This next battle had me going "LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP SWIIITCHER!!!!!!" during one point.

[replay]nu-281820623[/replay]

Whoever made that dope feature that allows you to put replays right in the post.

awesomarcus
BAW5theMARCU5
BAW5 For Voice
Trollsalina
Dankslash
pkmn trnr baw5
Cash Stache
MARCU5thaBAW5
baw5's brother
baw5's cousin
Kiyogre
focus blasting off
BAW5
BB-8-NU
marcu5
marcu5baw5
torch1c magnet
xxswagnetonxx
Skillver
stevie steelix
Spookazard
Sir Jay Eight
KingOfAlomomolas
MARCU5theR4PP3R
bug catcher snuggles aka snuggles n fluff for helping me name the RMT
Regigangsta
marcufivethebawfive

And how Could I forget the Dope Battle Music?

Lastly, don't forget to steal, uhh I mean, legally obtain the team.
Flareon @ Flame Plate
Ability: Flash Fire
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Quick Attack
- Sleep Talk

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 204 SpD / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Scald

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Flamethrower

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Roost

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Bye.

Hey Marcus, I love seeing the use of Flareon. I have one suggestion for the team.

Being Hitmonchan is going to have to spin for Scyther, I dont think Life Orb is the most optimal item for it in this scenario. Having mons like Scyther and Flareon that rely on hazard removal to function successfully, I would run Fist Plate > Life Orb on Hitmonchan. Losing significant power with Ice Punch which is your only way to hit ghosts, But not wearing yourself down. Most opponents should try to KO hitmonchan before they set up hazards, but if they see you're Life Orb, I would personally set up hazards just to wear you down. Drain Punch may be recovery but its not reliable recovery. Assault Vest could work as well being you don't really have an Aurorus switch in. (Freeze-Dry/Earth Power). Not much else is said about the team, its really well built. I hope to see you winning some room officials with this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)