Mario Kart Mafia (NOC) END: VILLAGE WINS

oh one other thing

that seems really troublesome

it should be unarguable that dead folks are not allowed to like game-related posts, at least
though not sure about living players
can you undo and redo likes? it seems like another confusing gameplay layer added

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
you can like and unlike posts, and honestly 'deadliking' seems weird to me when a dead player likes another player's post. like cxinlee liking spiffy's post, i'm pretty sure cxinlee thought spiffy was town and it didn't affect my decisionmaking (because who's gonna let cxinlee affect their decisionmaking...) but it's a bit weird to give dead players leeway to have any input to respond to posts
especially because i doubt mods can delete 'likes', lol
if threads could have likes disabled that would be great, but i guess that's another thing to harass joim about

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
regarding irc finale, if metal sonic didn't want to do it, i don't see why he couldn't pm tas saying "this gives the town an advantage, lets finish on the forums" and then tas would call the irc finale off.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
honestly look at the content of their posts, walrein and metal sonic were both so frantic to counter the other and spam their shoddy arguments as to why they're village that it would've been a couple pages of sheer mediocrity with paperblade skimming. I mean if he felt the town had an advantage they should've had to at least limit their posts so they couldn't make 50 thoughtless posts each rushing to their defenses.

oh one other thing

that seems really troublesome

it should be unarguable that dead folks are not allowed to like game-related posts, at least
though not sure about living players
can you undo and redo likes? it seems like another confusing gameplay layer added
yea you can undo and redo likes

I like the feature in non-NOC games but in NOC games it should be disallowed imo for simplicity's sake, no big loss. Dead people liking posts is the most obvious problematic thing (I'm really disappointed with people lately not knowing they should shut up when they're dead) and counts as deadtalk, but in the same way you're not supposed to edit posts, likes should be banned because you can get rid of them with ease. If we accept that dead people liking posts is a potentially game-influencing action, live people liking posts is also a potentially game-influencing action (although less of a big deal in my opinion), and it's one that cannot be moderated in NOC. If you misclick, just immediately unlike, no biggie.

I don't know if this was brought up, but more problematic for NOCs is the fact that you have the option to edit silently (suppress the 'last edited' message) on xenforo, making it very, very easy to subtly cheat and never get caught (because NOCs are too big to have moderators to look through the edit histories of every post). Admittedly I'm not an smod anymore so I don't know if that message is still visible to mods even when disabled.

eta: The feature is missing now, it may be restricted to moderators. In that case it should be fine (compared to any other alternative) as it can be expected Circus moderators won't abuse that privilege and the few non-Circus forum moderators who play should also uphold the same standards... there are already a bunch of powers mods have that could potentially influence the outcome of a game anyway. Obviously not ideal but I know I've never cheated and have even refused to look through the error log of my site in case I come across compromising info while playing, even though I've hosted the majority of the recent big mafias on my own site and thus have access to the database.

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Well what's the point in playing a mafia game if you're just going to cheat anyway? Play for fun or don't play.

If anybody is caught cheating they should immediately be infracted and/or blacklisted IMO.

That is indeed what would happen!

It'd be hard to prove with some mod powers and silent editing (which appears to be a mod power itself) but I don't think anyone would do anything that dumb, it'd defeat the point of playing mafia anyway

Edit: Crux was here, jumpluff is a loser

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)