Mario Kart Mafia (NOC) END: VILLAGE WINS

As I promised, I have some more reads now (although not all of them).

First @Aura Guardian
He seems to be somewhat suspicious. His claim was completely unnecessary. Well, by his logic, it was very necessary.

Aura Guardian said:
Wow, I could not understand Snaquaza's posts AT ALL... Also, Spiffy, the reason *I* Claimed is that keeping BG alive is more important than me. And because I had to claim to get him to target me to make my power work in the best way.
Hmmmm... Let's get this straight. He has some sort of power that can save the bodyguard, but he needs the bodyguard to protect him. This seems highly unlikely. I'll analyze the various cases:

1. He is a vanillager. He is probably trying to troll the mafia, and hoping to keep Celever alive for a night. However, this would be very stupid because he would probably get himself and/or Celever killed anyways, and even if he did survive, he would end up looking very suspicious later on. Thus, I don't believe this is very likely.

2. He has a legitimate power role that could be used to save Celever. This has two sub-possibilities. The first is that he truly needs the bodyguard to protect him for his power to work. This seems extremely unlikely and convoluted (although not absolutely impossible), and I doubt that a game this small would have such an incredibly specific role. The second is that he just wants Celever to protect him while he protects Celever. This would create a protection circle (something I doubt Eagle4 would have allowed for when designing his game), and, ultimately, both he and Celever would be killed by the mafia or their powers would be wasted protecting each other. He could just as easily have protected Celever without claiming. Thus, this seems highly unlikely as well.

3. The final option is that he is a fakeclaiming mafia. This would allow the mafia to hunt at night without being blocked by the bodyguard. He could then kill Celever whenever, and claim that there is some limitation on his role. He could even not kill anyone on night one to make it look like the protection worked. He could even use Celever as protection until a more important power role claims. Thus, this seems like the most likely possibility.

In summary, Aura's claim was vague and out of place, leading me to believe that he is a false-claiming scum.
Next, I didn't notice this before, but Woodchuck does have a point that Celever shouldn't have worried about a counter-claim if he was bodyguard. Of course, this will probably end up being attributed to "noob-syndrome" as is about 95% of odd or suspicious plays in this game (I really don't think there is that much noobishness in this game). Still, I am not about to change my vote to Celever as that would make me look more suspicious, and I would rather not make enemies with the faction of people against voting a claimed bodyguard (no matter how incredibly suspicious it is).

@Woodchuck I believe Snaquaza meant that he did not believe he was bandwagoning when voting for me because he was one of the first people to suspect that I/cxinlee am scum (although, personally, I still think he is bandwagoning).

I am with Walrein on asking @Snaquaza to give more defense against the accusations brought against him.

In conclusion, my list of possible scum so far is Aura Guardian, Snaquaza, Celever, Walrein, and maybe Houndoomsday (I'm starting to get more of a null scum or null village read on him).

Tomorrow I will have reads on more people, and I will try to compile my findings into a general conjecture/theory about the situation of the game. This will include sorting out my multiple conflicting scum reads.

First: Yeah, Celever would want to worry about a mafia counter-claim because some people outright said that a counterclaim would mean Celever first, claimer second. And Celever is rather new, and as such might not have done the math (re: that it's a decent trade, I think)

Second: You say my claim was unneccessary (except by my logic), but I alone have the most the info on this. And since I've given so much of my logic, I don't think I should have to repeat it... But the three scenarios you name all have flaws as you describe them. If I'm bluffing/a vanillager, then getting the mafia to kill me is a night they don't kill a power role, thus keeping the village strong. Worth it, especially given how infrequently I'm able to spot a mafia in NOC. Also, if you check Company Mafia, you will see that I tried to pull a similar stunt. If I really can protect Celever: "Reverse Martyr" is nowhere near specific, and I also named other things I could be (Custom Rogue, Custom BPV giver (did not mention this previously), Martyr praying I hit mafia, Reflector, or modified Hider among others). If I'm mafia: Why would I have brought this attention on me? Seriously, even as a "why would a mafian do this?" WIFOM stunt, that would be epically STUPID. I could have brought no attention whatsoever to myself, while now I'm painting a giant bullseye on me for EVERYONE. Seriously, really stupid to do this if I were mafia. And not doing the kill? Why would mafia POSSIBLY idle the kill, their best weapon? They'd just use it on someone else. Not worth it, and that's the only thing that could have redeemed such a stupid claim if I were mafia.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Something to note: I can't remember a time where someone's used the "I wouldn't do this if I were scum" defense and wind up NOT being scum (precedent: Da Letter El in sunday mafia)

Saying that "the mafia is forced to leave me alive incase I'm a vanillager bluffing" could also be an excuse for a scum not dying at night.

Regarding the Celever thing, I just had a thought. If Celever is falseclaiming, it MIGHT be wise for the real BG to go ahead and claim right now. The mafia would be forced to leave him alive so as to not condemn Celever, which beats our unclaimed BG being randkilled. Not saying I'm 100% advocating this as it's not a flawless plan, but it's something to consider (also we've had a ridiculous amount of claims already lol)

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Regarding the Celever thing, I just had a thought. If Celever is falseclaiming, it MIGHT be wise for the real BG to go ahead and claim right now. The mafia would be forced to leave him alive so as to not condemn Celever, which beats our unclaimed BG being randkilled. Not saying I'm 100% advocating this as it's not a flawless plan, but it's something to consider (also we've had a ridiculous amount of claims already lol)

Because the mafia would rather leave a BG alive rather than celever.

In other news, Spiffy for some reason is throw an unnaturally large amount of shit onto me (Metal Sonic is not contributing!). Really? I'm tunnelling Firemage/cxinlee/zyphirex slot at the moment because 1. firemage was scummy 2. cxinlee was scummy 3. zyphirex is scummy therefore the slot is scummy

Occam's razor: The simplest explanation for why all 3 players in the same slot play scummy is because they are scum.

Especially with that bullshit remark about Eagle4. "Eagle4 is scummy because he is not contributing and only posting votecounts"

From this we can see that zyphirex is desperately trying to "read" everyone he can with the largest amount of bullshit possible in order to look town. Great job reading the host!

From this we can see that zyphirex's reads are 100% false and bullshit

From this we can see that the slot is scum and needs to be lynched with fire(and kerosene)

horrid, horrid, horrid

I don't care for his half-assed rhetoric, bullshit is bullshit no matter how fancy your English makes it sound.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
@Celever I have some questions for you regarding your claim and your reasoning behind it.

This was obviously before you claimed bodyguard. Why would you, as bodyguard, be worried about a counterclaim? A mafia player counterclaiming a bodyguard is one of the dumbest things a mafia could do. What benefit would there be to a mafia counterclaim? The mafia would already know you are BG from your claim, so they could just nightkill you or at least force the reverse martyr / whatever AG has to target you. Counterclaiming BG would just out one of the mafia to no real gain. Given this scenario, why would you need to be concerned about a counterclaim? Please explain yourself, because the only logic that I can come with to explain your actions is that you are a mafia who softclaimed a power role to stall a vote, then claimed BG under slight pressure in order to make yourself into a non-viable lynch target. If you were really BG, and knew that you would claim BG all along, then you would never have been concerned about a counterclaim--but at the time of your post that I quoted, you weren't sure what you were going to claim yet.

Of course, I haven't really been addressing Jalmont in my posts for the same reason (lack of content) but he hasn't been bandwagoning and foolishly claiming.

tl;dr: I have concerns about Celever's claim, I want to avoid lynching Zyphirex due to his activity and my lack of opportunity to read him, and I find Snaquaza to be the most viable lynch target at this point. I will keep my vote on Celever until he can answer this post satisfactorily, though.
I know that this looks like riding but Aura Guardian pretty much covered it :/. (y u ninja me while I sleep :<) Maybe I have flawed logic (I usually do, but sometimes my logic is right, people just don't believe it when it is. see: Aura Guardian scum in RNG NOC) but I was told I would get lynched immediately if I got counter-claimed, which obviously would not be good because then the town would lose the bodyguard. I can't understand Zyphirex's logic though; I would have been counter-claimed since pretty much every mafia has a bodyguard in it, and if the bodyguard claims later in the game then whaddyaknow, easy lynch on me (and then obviously the claimed bodyguard the subsequent day; that or you can just decide which one of us is true if it's LYLO or something like that) so that is using Spiffy's logic. Why would you want to be pushing a lynch on a claimed power role anyway? That goes for @Woodchuck and @Zyphirex . Also @Zyphirex sorry for being patronizing I was pretty pissed about other stuff when I made that post. :(

Jalmont said:
I disagree.
I know it was your birthday and all but that was totally a "hey look at me I'm active even on my birthday :D"

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
i find it absurd that we're lambasting him about his "lynch the host" joke yea it wasn't funny but i mean come on
A joke? Do you think it's a joke? All I see is a scum who has no idea how to play mafia, like his predecessors, then in an attempt to provide as many bullshit fake reads to the town as possible he provides fabricated comments on any player he sees posting in the thread.

And when he mistook the host as a player and gave a fake ass read on him now he passes it off as a joke.

I don't buy it,

Even if you don't take the host thing into account, there is no denying that he is playing like trash, 3x worse than barty, and that all his predecessors have demonstrated similar behaviour. This alone makes me hellbent on lynching him. Worst comes to worst, he's a vanillager(unlikely), but its better than keeping shit-throwers like this from entering lylo.

Also, his fancy ass English is annoying.

Walrein said:
Celever will be lynched if there is a bodyguard counterclaim regardless, so there would be no reason for the mafia to leave the BG alive. I agree though that the real BG should claim because BG-mafia is a fair trade for the village.

Metal Sonic said:
A joke? Do you think it's a joke? All I see is a scum who has no idea how to play mafia, like his predecessors, then in an attempt to provide as many bullshit fake reads to the town as possible he provides fabricated comments on any player he sees posting in the thread.
Oh my God this is ridiculous. That was so obviously a joke and the fact that people are using that against Zyphirex is appalling. Metal Sonic you haven't even commented on Zyphirex's play so far aside from "he is scummy" and "the joke is scummy" which really just makes it seem like you don't care to even analyze his gameplay and maybe try to prevent a mislynch? I believe Zyphirex has made a fine defense and none of his voters are even acknowledging it.

Especially when @Snaquaza bandwagons the player with the most amount of votes and tries to justify it with "I thought you were scum early on" which is such a bullshit excuse. Are you KIDDING ME? It sounds to me like Snaquaza just wants to end the day quickly before everyone notices that he still hasn't even defended himself from everyone's accusations.

Snaquaza is probably my final vote today.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
Oh my God this is ridiculous. That was so obviously a joke and the fact that people are using that against Zyphirex is appalling. Metal Sonic you haven't even commented on Zyphirex's play so far aside from "he is scummy" and "the joke is scummy" which really just makes it seem like you don't care to even analyze his gameplay and maybe try to prevent a mislynch? I believe Zyphirex has made a fine defense and none of his voters are even acknowledging it.

Especially when @Snaquaza bandwagons the player with the most amount of votes and tries to justify it with "I thought you were scum early on" which is such a bullshit excuse. Are you KIDDING ME? It sounds to me like Snaquaza just wants to end the day quickly before everyone notices that he still hasn't even defended himself from everyone's accusations.

Snaquaza is probably my final vote today.
Did you even read my post?

Me said:
there is no denying that he is playing like trash, 3x worse than barty, and that all his predecessors have demonstrated similar behaviour. This alone makes me hellbent on lynching him. Worst comes to worst, he's a vanillager(unlikely), but its better than keeping shit-throwers like this from entering lylo.
When I first saw his few posts after he replaced in, "please wait I'll catch up tonight" had already put me off. Big deal. But his later posts were talking about nonexistent "connections" and the kicker is that he even admitted he was posting bullshit.

To be frank, in the last page or two I've just scrolled past his posts, as his previous ones were consistently full of shit and this includes the content from his predecessors. Furthermore, his posting style is annoying as hell and this makes me cbf to read them.

This may be prejudice, but that's that. Enough of that bullshit. I'll feel more content reading Walrein/Acklow/Barty instead.

Votecount 1.12 - Dusk approaching

Zyphirex: (4) Walrein, Aura Guardian, Celever, Jalmont, Spiffy, Metal Sonic, Blackhawk11, Celever, Houndoomsday, Snaquaza L-3
Snaquaza: (2) Jalmont, Solar Vapor, Houndoomsday, Zyphirex, Celever, Metal Sonic, Spiffy, Zyphirex
Celever: (1) Spiffy, Spiffy, Zyphirex, Blackhawk11, Woodchuck, Zyphirex, Walrein, Spiffy
Aura Guardian: (1) Snaquaza, Solar Vapor, Blackhawk11, Spiffy, Blackhawk11
Solar Vapor: (1) Houndoomsday, Jalmont, Aura Guardian, Celever
No Lynch: (1) cxinlee, Jalmont
Spiffy: (0) Celever, Celever, Celever, Snaquaza
Houndoomsday: (0) Zyphirex
Jalmont: (0) Snaquaza, Spiffy, Celever, Walrein, Metal Sonic, Celever, Houndoomsday, Spiffy, Jalmont, Spiffy
Metal Sonic: (0) Woodchuck, Spiffy, Houndoomsday, Spiffy
Acklow: (0) Snaquaza, Blackhawk11, Celever, Woodchuck, Houndoomsday, Celever, Metal Sonic, Celever, Zyphirex
Blackhawk11: (0) Walrein, Celever
Woodchuck: (0) Houndoomsday, Spiffy, Zyphirex

Not voting: (2) Walrein, Blackhawk11

Deadline is 18th August 16:00 GMT (Approximately 48 hours away)

Last edited:
Alright, @Metal Sonic I will speak the way you want me to.

Are you a dumbass scum or just fucking retarded?

You are tunneling me because you are idiotic scum with no idea of how to play the game well.

Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation for you saying stupid shit is that you are stupid.

How the fuck do you think I got into the game? By talking to the host!

And from saying a bullshit remark about the host you magically conclude that ALL of my posts are bullshit?

Your reasons for lynching me are:

1. I couldn't catch up with the game in one night.

2. I posted a few bullshit comments.

3. I speak my English good.

AND you admitted that you completely skipped over my recent posts.

This is probably THE MOST RETARDED argument I have ever heard from ANYONE about ANYTHING EVER!

PS

Occam's Razor is just for telling people to try to simplify theories where possible. You don't just throw that shit around to say that the simplest argument is the best.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
Do you seriously think you can beat me in a pissing match? Oh, ho ho!

Watch the scum flail and fail.

Watch yourself call your own posts bullshit

Watch yourself speaking English good.

also watch yourself get lynched you anti-town scumbag

PS: watch yourself get laughed at

@Celever
First order of business
Oh the irony...
If you understood what I mean:
Yes, exactly.
If you didn't understand what I mean:
THAT'S THE POINT! YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME WANT TO TEAR MY EYES OUT!
lol, @Blackhawk11 ninja'd me to the facepalm.

I am really starting to lose my cool...:mad:

Zyphirex said:
Well, that was surprisingly effective. I will admit that the Blackhawk11-Woodchuck connection was complete bullshit. The Celever-Spiffy connection seems like it could mean something, but I haven't read far enough to confirm anything or draw conclusions. My suspicions of the scumminess of Houndoomsday stem from his habit of latching on to all sorts of posts not directed at him and his play showing much more knowledge/experience than what he claims to have. To be quite honest, I have only read through the first half of the game, and I skimmed through the first few pages, so I really don't know much of what has been going on recently. I am aware that FireMage was extremely inactive, but I have no idea what cxinlee was doing. I have mostly been trying to stay active and maybe get some good reactions to help with reading people, and I have gotten many reactions. Hopefully I can catch up by the end of today.
I believe this is the post being referenced when you say I admitted my posts are bullshit. If you read carefully, I do not say all of my posts are bullshit. I just say the Blackhawk11-Woodchuck connection is bullshit. I later stated I wanted to get reactions. Perhaps you should re-read my posts some, although I have pretty much lost faith in Metal Sonic.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
@Spiffy I think snaquaza is acting like he did in RNG NOC which is scum. However, it seems that he is bussing zyphirex as well. Seems like good scum motivation to get on my side (lol he did that in RNG too). For now I'll settle for lynching the MOST CONSISTENTLY SCUMMIEST PLAYER
Not a coincidence all 3 replacements post shit.

@Zyphirex I lost faith in you, first.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, I was hoping that Celever would actually have to do some explaining for himself, but I guess he got bailed out by Aura Guardian this time.
Why would you want to be pushing a lynch on a claimed power role anyway? That goes for @Woodchuck and @Zyphirex .
This isn't about pushing a lynch on a claimed power role, this is about making you answer for poor decisionmaking and scummy posts.

Despite my disappointment in not getting to see any real reasoning or explanation from Celever, he remains an unviable lynch target due to his claim.
Unvote
Vote Snaquaza

I think I see what Eagle4 meant when he told Metal Sonic, "Don't act like a retard or you're getting godkilled" (but no godkill? maybe Metal Sonic made that up).
And what happened to:
I’m going to be extra lame and ordinary from this game onwards. See what you’re gonna do when I step down. Bah.
180 much?
If anything, Metal Sonic seems to be very scummy. He seems to have slipped into his #1 Scumhunter role again. (Is he like this in every game?)

He also has nothing but bullshit claims against me, which is funny because he has been complaining about my bullshit claims. He seems to be basing his decision on my predecessors and the fact that for some reason he has personal beef against me (even though I have never been in contact with him before).

@Celever If you look at my posts #557 and #578, you can see me discuss my reasons for suspecting you and @Aura Guardian. The basic idea is that your claims don't seem legitimate to me. However, the general consensus and logic seem to be in favor of not lynching you as of right now (especially since there are far scummier players like @Snaquaza).

@Spiffy Suppose the bodyguard is acting in self-interest as opposed to village-interest. The question of counter-claiming seems to hinge on a person's goal in the game.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
How is that a 180 when he decided to do it at the start of the game? Also he is not acting like a retard; see the RNG NOC to see retard Metal Sonic.

The Bodyguard will not be acting in self-interest else he is not a good bodyguard -- unless the bodyguard is a neutral, maybe someone like King Boo?

Metal Sonic said he would not be acting in a #1 Scumhunter fashion, but he seems to be doing that now. That is what I mean when I say he pulled a 180. However, I will look at the RNG NOC to see what retard Metal Sonic really is.

Bodyguard can act in self-interest by hiding and protect a village power role, as keeping a village power role would improve his odds of survival.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)