Mario Kart Mafia (NOC) END: VILLAGE WINS

Blackhawk11

one on one
To lure a fake-claim. Our plan was to reveal mason status once everyone else claimed. The reason for the mass claim was we already had it at 3/5 chance of guessing a scum, so we needed just a bit more info to figure out who was village and who was mafia. Someone fake-claiming masons would have done that for us, so we liked our chances of just claiming vanilla to start.

Yeah because fakeclaiming mason is really common for scum to do...

Bottom line is you lied and villagers have no reason to lie. My guess is that you couldn't discredit your scumbuddy's claim of inspector so you were forced to play along...

There is so much wrong with this and I have outlined it all so I hope you guys make the right decision or we lose.

I can't believe you assholes are making me save the village when I'm on vacation screw you!

Villagers can lie but they need to know when is the proper time. In this case I think the only risk would be if mafia claimed masons too, but that still gives a good shot at victory (if this happened and we lynched correctly today, we'd have a guaranteed lynch tomorrow). If, for example, MS or someone else had claimed inspect with a Vanilla result on us, we would immediately know they're scum and be able to lynch them.

Sorry but I can't buy that. Villagers never need to lie in NOC, it gets us into too much trouble (see A_G N1). @Woodchuck is basically the swing vote because Walrein and Jalmont know that they're not scum and should vote for Blackhawk11 so we can actually salvage this terrible village.

This is going to be WIFOM but this is our last chance so I don't care: If I was scum with Jalmont why would I insist on forcing him down everyone's throats when you guys were ALL ignoring him? I was the only one that even kept him on anyone's radars.

A scum team of MS-Paperblade-Blackhawk11 makes so much more sense and Village having Masons and Inspector is far too broken.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Well.

Possible scum teams from my perspective:
Metal Sonic, Paperblade, Blackhawk
OR
Spiffy, Jalmont, Woodchuck

I'll reread and vote later because I'm at school, but based on gut feeling the first scumteam seems more likely

You were probably attacking jalmont to distance yourself from him in case one of you got lynched.

And what was wrong with AG's bluff? It got him killed but his role wasn't that good (he was just a commuter which is little better than BPV). If he'd been a bomb and blown up in mafia's face it would have been A+. Heck, if he'd used his commute it would've been okay. In fact, AG lying shoots your whole argument in the foot, because it shows that villagers can and do lie when they think there is an advantage to it.

You're just throwing shit to try to make something stick.

I was pointing out that lying as a villager is stupid and that you're not stupid enough to do it.

I have pointed out several flaws already. The "masons and inspector village" is BS, because that would clean two villagers per night which gives the mafia no chance. Plus the inspector's chance of finding scum.

Metal Sonic and Blackhawk's general scumminess, especially Blackhawk leaving basically all of his options open last day which was a MAJOR scum tell.

Blackhawk and Paperblade claiming vanilla and pulling a complete 180 and claiming mason instead.

I am not "throwing shit". I have been making multiple valid points against the three of you and I have yet to see you do the same to me (or anyone else for that matter).

There's nothing to defend myself against. You're saying that there are 4 vanilla players with no roles at all, 1 that could just commute (basically an inferior BPV), one that could SG or commute, one that can BG, and a conditional mayor. That would mean there is no info roles on the town, when the mafia has an extra kill allowing for D3 LYLO.

Ampharos

things i've been doing today:

schoolwork
league of legends
civilization 5
trying to lead a village

things i've not been doing today:
panicking

I'm just confused at the current situation and need to think on it.

well this is lame zzz

when you throw out "x and y are obviously panicking because they haven't posted ehehehehe" i mean, i don't want to say it but it kinda really feels desperate. right now i am trying to reconcile the fact that I am so certain the MS is scum scum scum with the fact that he is our only info role? like i mean, he's claimed to have changed even though everything he is done throughout this game suggests otherwise - but the claim suggests to me there is really no space for him to be bad. idk im bad at mafia

yea and i can't get over the fact that lying is not a good thing to do as a villager because, getting real here for a moment, if it's definitely NOT optimal village play to lie about shit and leave it up to chance that people might think you are scum for lying and i think paper should know that so it's really hard for me to buy the mason thing

YUM YUM dinner

Blackhawk11

one on one
@Woodchuck (and/or maybe @Walrein ?? I'm not 100% on Metal Sonic being clean)

I just went though all of my posts. In them, I expressed suspicion of barty(/Acklow/Walrein) (bad defense), Celever (scummy, mundane topics), Houndoomsday (parroting Celever), Aura Guardian (wifom pressure), cxinlee (FireMage/Zyphirex) (methodical), Snaquaza (odd timing of claim), and then in my top 5 list, Jalmont (going under the radar, often avoiding posting), Spiffy (pressure on Celever), Woodchuck (also going under the radar), and Metal Sonic (buddying). I never expressed suspicion of Solar Vapor/Paperblade.

My reads of SV, Paperblade: 1, 2

Obviously we are on the same team, neither of us are denying that, so without further ado...

Scenarios:
1) We're both mafia - Maybe I'm trying to clean him, but why wouldn't I do the same for my other scum buddy? On the other hand, why wouldn't I try to distance myself from him or bus him, especially when AG and multiple others were accusing him of being scummy?

2) We really are village masons - Why would there only be one player in the game who I never express suspicion of? Because there's only one player in the game who I 100% know to be village.

Go back to link #2, at the top of the post, I say that I've narrowed down my options based on who I believe is clean. I was trying to very subtly hint at the information aspect of my role. HDD was assumed clean at that point, and I felt confident that Walrein was clean at the time (again, not 100% on this one anymore...), and I knew that I could exclude Paperblade. This is why I made my list, because I figured that I could narrow it down better than other villagers. I asked Metal Sonic why he assumed that there was an inspector because I knew that my role had an information aspect to it (5th paragraph here).

I think it's clear that I'm a mason, and from that it follows that Paperblade is my mason buddy and that Spiffy is scum, because if he was village then there would be at least two other mafia among us (3 if MS is actually village) who would have hammered already.

Ampharos

there's been two nights in this game so far

assuming that only one of you started as a mason, that means there should be three (original, n1 convert, n2 convert)

where is the other mason

Blackhawk11

one on one
I guess we're twins actually. Sorry I didn't know that mason meant something different... We've known that we were twins since we got our role PMs, and we can't convert anyone else.

Ampharos

WALREIN'S ATTEMPT TO FIND SCUM BASED ON THE ROLES

From my perspective:

I must be clean.

Metal Sonic, Paperblade, and Blackhawk must be on the same team.

If the above three are mafia, then Woodchuck, Spiffy, and Jalmont must be village.

If they are truly inspector and masons, then because I am clean, Woodchuck, Spiffy, and Jalmont must be the scum.

The following has been claimed:

Metal Sonic - Inspector
Paperblade - Mason
Blackhawk11 - Mason
Woodchuck - Bodyguard
Spiffy - Vanilla
Jalmont - Vanilla
Walrein - Vanilla

Therefore, because of the aforementioned team divisions:

It is impossible for the village to have a bodyguard along with an inspector or mason group.

The following roles are dead:

Vanilla
Safeguard
Vanilla w/ item
Vanilla

Thus, the power role setup is either:
Inspector, mason group, safeguard

or

Bodyguard, safeguard

Conclusion: I don't fuckin know. I was hoping that if I organized my thoughts in a post something would come to light, however setup speculation has gotten me nowhere. I'll have to read back and look at player relationships.

Ampharos

FUCKING BLACKHAWK POSTING WHILE I'M MAKING MY BIG POST

twins would make more sense than masons, but this raises another question: I would think paperblade would know the difference between a mason group and a twin, leading me to think Blackhawk may just be backtracking on his claim upon realizing the whole shot through it

Again, though, i don't fuckin know

Ampharos

wait a second.

Metal Sonic claims to have inspected woodchuck as a legitimate BG.

Assuming no moles, that would mean that if Metal Sonic is a village inspector, the village is MS/Blackhawk/Paperblade/Woodchuck

Which would make me mafia.

Except I know I can't be mafia. Thus, Metal Sonic must not be a village inspector.

Lynch Metal Sonic

Ampharos

Basically, it comes down to Woodchuck.

Based on context, MS MUST be on a team with Paperblade and Blackhawk.

That could be the scumteam, which would make Woodchuck village.

If MS is telling the truth, Woodchuck is still village, the only person to retain this distinction.

I propose a crossing of votes. Spiffy, myself, and Jalmont vote for Metal Sonic. Metal Sonic, Blackhawk, and Paperblade vote for one of us (i think PB is already on spiffy?). This gives our only confirmed clear villager the hammer o' justice.

Whatever happens today decides what happens the rest of the game. Either way, the rest of the game will pass swiftly, for if one mafian is lynched, his teammates are obvious.

Solid gambit, MS and co. Let's hope Woodchuck sees right through you.

Blackhawk11

one on one
I think that it's possible that MS is not village (and I am village). If he's mafia (and if Walrein is village than MS is mafia) he may have been trying to gain the confidence of me and Woodchuck (his inspects). Then he assumed that Walrein and I were partners and voted for Paperblade. I think his plan was to get one of the three villagers that he thought he could persuade onto his side so that his team could take out the 4th. But he messed up who my partner is, and now has to lynch one of his scumbuddies (spiffy) to regain our confidence.

Paperblade said earlier that it's impossible for him (or me, since we're interchangeable) to be scum and for MS to be clean, but the inverse of that is possible, and like I said, it's true if and only if Walrein is village. Otherwise the village is Me, PB, MS, WC.

Ampharos

So what we've established is that it is impossible for me and MS to be on the same team. My vote stands.

If MS flips as a scum inspector, then I will re-evaluate my view of Paperblade and Blackhawk. Otherwise it is still very likely that they are a scumteam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)