Mario

breh

強いだね
I've finally gotten 3DLand. So far, I'm almost at world 8. The game is admittedly easy, but it's really a result of the Tanooki suit. good god the thing breaks the game! Music is great, graphics are great... the only thing about the game that I really dislike is the first two worlds. I swear to god, they are just awful. there is really a tangible shift in level quality as soon as you enter 3-1; it's stupily noticeable.

Worth noting that after World 8 there are another 8 special worlds that you can go to, which are reasonably harder than the rest of the game. So yeah. I'm at world 2 of the special worlds right now and I gotta say I think my only complaint with the game is that, other than what Breludicolo said about some levels being too easy, there isn't enough variety in power ups. Mario's been lacking in that department for a while though.

Yeah, 3D Land is definitely worth the money. The game is an absolute blast despite the fact that it's not as difficult as most other Mario titles.

I really don't see the worth in buying a game I can beat within the first day(speaking of Super Mario 3D Land). Yes it does look good but I see people everywhere beating the game on day 1-3 of purchase.

breh

強いだね
I got it on tuesday and I have still not totally finished it. It will take you more than 3 days, especially if you play it on-off like I do (maybe 3 hours a day or so). It's a game packed full of content and the last 8 worlds really do make it worth the buy.

Plus, if you have a 3DS, wtf else are you playing on it lol

Anyway, I have left:

Finish most levels as both bros.
get the first two star coins in S4-1 (FUCK S4-1 >_< this is, no questions, my least favorite level in the game.)
get the last star coin of S8-1 (too lazy to get initially)\
get the last two star coins of S8-3
get the last star coin of S8-Bowser (I realized that I missed it after taking the teleport block....)

Guess I'll add 3D land to my "Christmas list". There's so many games I wanna buy D: Hopefully there are holiday discounts or something.

oh my fucking god i love mario party

i actually love mario party so much that my friends and i started a youtube channel of just us playing mario party

it's really stupid

but it's pretty funny too

ex: when everyone went out of their way to make sure i wouldn't build my lead

or when i was losing the entire game until i got a chance time on the last turn

i love mario party so much

i was gonna make a mario party thread eventually but now there's this thread here but i am considering saying 'fuck that' and making it anyway idk

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
While the main story line of Super Mario 3D Land is admittedly rather easy, the Special World stages really pick up the intensity, in my opinion. I'm pretty far into the special stages (and would be further if tests didn't exist), and it's becoming apparent that this isn't a simple cakewalk. Again, it's not as difficult as some of the other Mario games, but it does a fantastic job of being challenging, yet not overly frustrating. This game is a must-have for 3DS owners, in my humble opinion.

Also, Boomerang Suit needs more hype. It's a lot of fun to use and can lead to some pretty silly situations.

Yeah, and there's supposedly no single-player VS mode.

Slightly disappointed, but it'll be fine without it.

breh

強いだね
I'm ntos ure if that's supposed to be good or bad. I hope that it's the latter, I guess.

I miss those old school mario game, you know when mario looks like a super pixelated character, where you can actually see the small blocks to shape up mario.... yea those games were simple and somewhat fun, games now these days are complicated....

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Hahaha that's awesome! I wonder if it also speeds him up? Nah.

I'm getting this game today. I've been looking forward to this for so long and I'm glad I can finally get my hands on it.

I just hope that item hackers don't appear online too soon. They can be so annoying sometimes, especially battle hackers who win with infinite blue shells.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The thing I really like about Super Mario 3D (I refuse to call it anything else) is that you can just sit down on the bus, play a level or two, and then leave it alone for a while. It's just a really good portable game.

That said, I am SO looking forward to Paper Mario 3D. Paper Mario 3D and Kid Icarus were the two games that pushed me from "Meh" to "Must Buy" on the 3DS.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Ok I just got Mario Kart. It looks amazing. Seriously it makes the Wii version look like a joke.

I think I'm getting the hang of the handling. Not sure if I like how the trick button is the same as the drift button but I'm sure I'll adapt.

The AI can be brutal though. I was racing on Daisy Hills and I was winning on the last lap. As I was gliding over the water area, I got hit by a blue shell, causing me to have to respawn in front of the water while everyone zoomed past me. I got 6th.

EDIT: Also WTF at the red shells being able to glide over gaps now.

I got Mario Kart today as well. It really is great. The AI is much better though. Even on 100cc, they'll intentionally hold onto items and use at the worst possible moment for you.

There was a small launch event in Melbourne. Both times I entered multiplayer I won. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)