Maushold [QC 0/1]

[OVERVIEW]

* Maushold is a great supportive and offensive Pokemon, with access to a 300 base power move in Population Bomb, two great abilities with Technician and Friend Guard, and access to a plethora of support moves, including Follow Me. Maushold’s bulk leaves much to be desired, but it is made up for with its great speed tier.

[SET]
name: Boomer
move 1: Population Bomb
move 2: Bite
move 3: Follow Me
move 4: Protect / Tidy Up / Low Kick
item: Wide Lens
ability: Technician
nature: Jolly
tera type: Normal / Dark
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Population Bomb has a whopping 300 base power with Technician, and should be used on almost all non-Ghost types. Bite, being 60 base power, is boosted by Technician, and is Maushold’s best move to hit Ghost types. Follow Me is one of the, if not the best support move in the game, redirecting all single-target moves to Maushold and protecting its ally. Tidy Up can further boost Maushold’s offensive capabilities and get rid of opponent’s substitutes, and Low Kick can be used as a final coverage move to hit Rock and Steel types super effectively, but is not usually the best option.

* Wide Lens is near mandatory for an offensive Maushold, boosting its odds of hitting a Population Bomb all ten times immensely. However, other items could be used if you have another way of boosting Maushold’s accuracy, such as Gravity support.

* 252 speed EVs with a Jolly enable Maushold to outspeed unboosted base 110 speed Pokemon and below, and 252 attack EVs allow Maushold to hit as hard as possible.

* Tera Normal is usually the best choice for Maushold, even allowing it to 2HKO some Rock and Steel types. Tera Dark can also be used to further boost Bite and hurt ghosts.

[SET]
name: Support
move 1: Super Fang
move 2: Follow Me
move 3: Helping Hand / Thunder Wave
move 4: Taunt / Encore / Beat up
item: Focus Sash
ability: Friend Guard
nature: Timid
tera type: Dark / Ghost
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Super Fang is a great move for a supporting Maushold, allowing it to always do ½ of the opponents HP. Follow Me helps Maushold support its allies further by protecting them from attacks. Helping Hand and Thunder Wave are interchangeable, enabling Maushold to either boost an ally’s attack this turn or hinder an opponent. Taunt or Encore can cripple other support Pokemon, by either disabling their supportive capabilities or crippling them by locking them into an unfavourable move. Finally, Beat Up, while gimmicky, pairs well with either Justified users such as Arcanine, or Annihilape with Rage Fist, by boosting their attack by attacking them, while they take barely any damage because of Friend Guard.

* Focus Sash is a good item for Maushold because of its pour defenses. However, an HP restoring berry can also be used.

* 252 speed and HP EV’s with a Timid nature make Maushold a fast support Pokemon, while also maximizing its HP.

* Tera Dark makes Maushold immune to Prankster status moves, which is great with Murkrow being everywhere. Tera Ghost can also be used to become immune to Fighting moves and can catch an opponent off guard.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[username, user ID]]
- Quality checked by: [[username, user ID]]
- Grammar checked by: [username, user ID

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
ADD REMOVE COMMENT HIGHLIGHT

[OVERVIEW]

* Maushold is a great supportive and offensive Pokemon, with access to a 300 base power move in Population Bomb (Obviously I get what you mean by this, but just be really careful, two great abilities with Technician and Friend Guard, and access to a plethora of support moves, including Follow Me. Maushold’s bulk leaves much to be desired, but it is made up for with its great speed tier.

(This overview is extremely short. Not talking about its weaknesses at all, common partners and the likes leaves this feeling a bit lacking.)

[SET]
name: Boomer (A more appropriate name would be nice)
move 1: Population Bomb
move 2: Bite
move 3: Follow Me
move 4: Protect / Tidy Up / Low Kick
item: Wide Lens
ability: Technician
nature: Jolly
tera type: Normal /Ghost / Dark (Can't say I've really seen Dark Maushold ever.)
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Population Bomb has a whopping 300 base power with Technician, and should be used on almost all non-Ghost-types. (Don't really think you need to explain Population Bomb, it's fairly obvious why it's on the set and we can do something like the brief mention in the overview that covers its purpose for the whole analysis)

* Bite, being 60 base power, is boosted by Technician, (This is dex info) and is Maushold’s best move to hit Ghost-types (Such as).

* Follow Me is one of the, if not the best support move in the game, redirecting all single-target moves to Maushold and protecting its ally. (I don't mind Follow Me being explained on an offensive set like this, but this is all just dex info)

* Tidy Up can further boost Maushold’s offensive capabilities and get rid of opponent’s substitutes, and Low Kick can be used as a final coverage move to hit Rock and Steel types super effectively, but is not usually the best option. (If it's not the best option, why are we mentioning it in the set???)

* Wide Lens is near mandatory for an offensive Maushold, boosting its odds of hitting a Population Bomb all ten times immensely. However, other items could be used if you have another way of boosting Maushold’s accuracy, such as Gravity support. (No. Nobody is using Gravity just for this thing.)

* 252 speed EVs with a Jolly enable Maushold to outspeed unboosted base 110 speed Pokemon and below, and 252 attack EVs allow Maushold to hit as hard as possible.
(EV are pretty obvious here so no need to go over them)

* Tera Normal is usually the best choice for Maushold, even allowing it to 2HKO some Rock- and Steel-types. Tera Dark can also be used to further boost Bite and hurt ghosts. (I really wholeheartedly dislike adding this. Would like a mention of Ghost however, because defensively that's pretty good)

[SET]
name: Support
move 1: Super Fang
move 2: Follow Me
move 3: Helping Hand / Thunder Wave
move 4: Taunt / Encore / Beat up Beat Up
item: Focus Sash
ability: Friend Guard
nature: Timid
tera type: Dark / Ghost
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Super Fang is a great move for a supporting Maushold, allowing it to always do ½ of the opponents HP. (This is dex info, wouldn't mind some other way of explaining this like how it's hurting bulkier Pokemon more than any of its other moves could) Follow Me helps Maushold support its allies further by protecting them from attacks. (Also all dex info, but I think you don't need to explain Follow Me. It's quite clear why that's on a set)

Helping Hand and Thunder Wave are interchangeable (Are they though? I'd say these realistically can't even be slotted together, as Helping Hand makes up for Maushold's complete lack of damage output), enabling Maushold to either boost an ally’s attack this turn or hinder an opponent.

* Taunt or Encore can cripple other support Pokemon, by either disabling their supportive capabilities or crippling them by locking them into an unfavourable move. Finally, Beat Up, while gimmicky, pairs well with either Justified users such as Arcanine, or (I don't think many people really use this for Beat Up Justified stuff, but it definitely exists for Annihilape) Annihilape with Rage Fist, by boosting their attack by attacking them, while they take barely any damage because of Friend Guard. (Last bit here is a little bit wordy)

* Focus Sash is a good item for Maushold because of its pour poor defenses. However, an HP restoring berry can also be used. (If you're going to mention it here, you might as well put Sitrus Berry on the set and develop it as a point)

* 252 speed and HP EV’s with a Timid nature make Maushold a fast support Pokemon, while also maximizing its HP. (No need f

* Tera Dark makes Maushold immune to Prankster status moves, which is great with Murkrow being everywhere. (Reword this. Wouldn't mind saying "such as Murkrow's Taunt" for example.) Tera Ghost can also be used to become immune to Fighting moves and can catch an opponent off guard.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[mudkipnerd, 607581]]
- Quality checked by: [[yuki, 294287]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username, user ID]]

Let me know when you've implemented this, take your time and feel free to ask me about anything you need. I can be found in the Smogon VGC Discord or you can contactly me directly (yuki#0003)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)