Mawile Ate Your Face!!! Mega-Mawile Team

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader
Hello folks of the Smogon, I am a frequent Pokemon Showdown User and high ranked OU player(not that the ladder means anything) and have been watching many other fellow Ps users posting RMT's of their own and felt the need to also be apart of this movement. As such I present, my Mega-Mawile Team that has competed against many high ranked and high skilled players.

Mega-Mawile Intimidate/Huge Power (Mawilite)
EV's
: 252 Attack - 252 Speed - 4 HP Nature: Adamant
Moves:
-Sword Dance
-Sucker Punch
-Brick Break
-Play Rough

Obviously, my most important player on this team is the beast from NU, Mega-Mawile. My set is unusual in that it runs Speed EV's instead of Max hp investment plus I also run Brick Break in place of either Iron Head or Fire Fang. The reason I run investments like these is that it enables me to outspeed base 80's that do not run speed EV's by 3 which is actually a very large portion of pokemons at that speed tier. Pokemon like Goodra, Spdef Heatran, Blastoise, and Mandibuzz that could pose an issue to Mawile are actually dealt with easily. Heatran should however, be dealt with carefully because there are certain sets that run speed or are scarfed and even if uninvested in speed, Brick Break can't OHKO dealing 76-90% damage to 0 Def Heatran. The speed of this set is what enables to sweep that much more easily especially when facing Mandibuzz which has the potential to kill you with Foul Play but is destroyed by Play Rough.

Gyarados Intimidate (leftovers)
EV's:
88 Hp - 252 Attack - 168 Speed Nature: Jolly
Moves:
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Bounce/ Stone Edge

The next member of my team is a slightly bulkier DD Gyarados that has good synergy with Mawile as it resists/immune to everything Mawile is weak to and can force switches or weaken sweepers with intimidate. I have been having issues between using Bounce and Stone Edge as both have their uses and disadvantages whereas Bounce allows you to get a little extra hp from leftovers and hit venusaur hard it is also a 2 stage attack that can be used to set up on whereas Stone edge allows my gyarados to hit rotoms and dragons with levitate or flying hard but is even more inaccurate then bounce and isnt stab.

Landorus-I Sheer Force (Life-Orb)
EV's:
252 Special Attack - 252 Speed - 4 HP Nature: Timid
Moves:
-Stealth Rocks
-Hidden Power Ice
-Psychic
-Earth Power

Next in my team is Landorus Incarnate who has great synergy with Gyarados as they resist or are neutral to the others weakness. My set for the most part is typical of other specially invested Lando's with one exception, Stealth Rock, and the reason for SR is that I could not find a place to put an Rocker and as such felt it was a good addition to my team as I only lose Sludge Wave/ Focus Blast. Due to the nature of Lando, he forces many switches and as such it is relatively easy to set up Rocks. Originally, this team slot was filled by Lando-T however, I found that my team had too much physical Attackers and changed it to what it currently is.

Rotom-Wash Levitate (leftovers)
EV's:
252 Hp - 252 Special Defense - 4 Defense Nature: Calm
Moves:
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Will-o-Wisp
-Pain Split

Yes, yes I know you are probably bemoaning the inclusion of Rotom-Wash but it just does its job so well, and provides my team with a much needed semi-offensive Special Sponge. It also synergies well with my other teammates providing zero additional weaknesses outside of Grass and the rare ground type due to mold breaker or iron ball. It can also stop both Mega-Pinsir and Talonflame as a bonus. Yes, this is the most uninspired choice of a pokemon but it works.

Chesnaught Bullet Proof (leftover)
EV's:
252 Hp - 252 Defense - 4 Attack Nature: Impish
Moves:
-Leech Seed
-Spiky Shield
-Hammer Arm
-Wood Hammer

Look at my profile picture, yes I love Chesnaught and when a team can benefit from my using the best starter of Gen 6(IMO) then I will damn well use it. It is such a great addition as it walls many threats, plus provides a great defensive/offensive presence in addition to having leech seed and providing some hp to other members of my team. He forces many switches and is immune to Spore and other grass moves like Leech seed. The negative to using Ches is that he has two weaknesses that my other teammates have in the form of Ice and Fire.

Hitmontop: Technician/Intimidate (leftovers)
EV's:
252 Hp - 252 Attack - 4 Special Defense Nature: Adamant
Moves:
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Mach Punch
-Rapid Spin

The last pokemon of my team is a Under-Used Spinner known as Hitmontop(that for some reason is dancing on his fucking legs instead of spinning on his head in Showdown). Honestly, he is a recent addition to my team as I felt I needed a spinner but wanted something a little different which the beyblade-mon provides in the form of priority, and edgequake combo. I made my top a little more offensively orientated with max hp and attack in order to not only hit hard with mach punch and his coverage moves but also to provide the utility of hazard removal. I generally use technician to power up his mach punch but you can opt to use intimidate, however, I believe I already have enough intimidate with Mawile and Gyarados.

Threats:
The main threats to this team are Charizard Y, Talonflame, and Mega Pinsir, all of which can be dealt with if playing smart but should not be underestimated.

Thanks for reading if you made it this far and please feel free to rate and suggest changes or possible improvement/weaknesses.

Gia

Last edited:

Giagantic

True Coffee Maniac
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OM Leader
For Anyone that wants to copy and paste my team:

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break
- Play Rough

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Hammer Arm
- Wood Hammer

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

the poke sweeper

Pokémon Master
Just throwing it out there,but hitmonchan should be changed. You can add defog empoleon, it carries knock and stealth rock which can allow landorus to carry U-turn since momentum is always nice to have

Howdy jr, pretty solid team you have here. First off F*#$ Mega Mawile! The thing just dominates almost anything with little to no support. That being said I like really like how the team is built to let it sweep. A really huge threat to your team is Manaphy. Once it gets a boost it straight dominates anything on your team. Try running Ferrothorn over Chesnaught to mitigate some of the damage and do decent damage with Power Whip or just whittle it down with Leech Seed. This also gives you a second steel type to help against fairies who gave your team some trouble with the double fighting types you had before.

On Hitmontop I suggest running Fake Out over Earthquake. You get the Technician boost this way as well as giving you some nice priority to kill some Pokemon before they have a chance to attack, breaking sashes or sturdy, and just doing decent damage overall on something that isn't resisted by it. Earthquake doesn't really do anything for you as people don't swap in on Hitmontop that are weak to ground nor do they stay in on you fearing the fighting type STAB.

On a minor note someone who wants to Volt Switch a lot or is used as a defensive pivot should have an odd number of HP to take less damage. Rotom-Wash needs to have 248 HP over 252 HP to take less damage and stay alive a tiny bit longer than usual. Good luck in the future mang and hit me up if you need anymore help.
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

So while i think rotom-w should be fully invested in defense and hp, to better stop tflame, pinsir, and the like. If you want to run specially defensive rotom i would like to recommend a change to rotom-h. I know this team is pretty UU already but rotom-h just has a really good typing to be a special wall, only falling to water type attacks or physical mold breaker ground attacks both of which are walled hard by chesnaught. If you think about the synergy between rotom-h and chesnaught it is damn near perfect. Here is a set for him

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

The addition to him would add a stealth rock weakness, which kind of sucks especially since he love volt switching so much but I think its worth a try just because of how great he complements chesnaught. And he completely walls bolt beam which is always nice...maybe try a trick set too if you want, but idk about those, just throwing things out there

I also noticed you have a lot of leftovers on your team ( pretty much everyone) and while thats not bad I am not sure how much lefties recovery hitmontop because i dont really know how he plays, but I do that he is a really cool assault vest user, Ill show you the calc that made me realize his special bulk lol...

+3 252+ SpA Volcarona Fiery Dance vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Hitmontop: 226-267 (74.3 - 87.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

and you can then ohko with stoned edge. Im not saying switch lefties for assault vest but if you found that he doesnt benefit from lefties too much just go ahead and try out assault vest and see how it goes. (it also combos well with intimidate)

Well thats about it, just wanted to throw some things out there for you to think about hope i helped a bit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)