Max Avatar Size Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So the max avatar size is 100x100 pixels. As everyone who's even remotely cool has demonstrated, though, a 150x150 pixel image can still fit in the post bit without stretching it. So shouldn't the max avatar size be 150x150, or is there a reason to keep it smaller?

I've seen avatars that are much bigger than 150x150. For example, there is no way that Darkie's avatar is that not small.

Edit: Bloo's is 140x200, the height is over that limit. How did he get past the badge holder's avatar limit?

Seriously, can you at least use one that fits in your post bit? We all know your a Super Mod, you don't need to remind us by stretching the layout of threads... lol.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Badgeholders have 150 x 150.
Moderators have 150 x 200
Super Moderators sadly have no limitations.

RBGEdit: KNOW MY POWER!!!!

Personally, width should be the same for everyone. That way, the threads won't get screwed up when a Super Mod or Admin posts in them. Height and KB max should be the only thing increasing.

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If you notice, even if the height is larger, the post is stiill stretched beyond regular posts. I don't see any of this as a problem, super mods and admins work and program the site so they get the choice really. Maybe you could use it as motivation or something xD

I don't want a bigger avatar. I like my Latias. =P

I just don't want to see the staff's avatars breaking the thread lineage anymore.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's honestly not that hard to contribute to Smogon and earn a badge - I recommend doing so if you really care about the avatar. The avatar limitation is a perk, and I think that's all there is to say about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)