Max. Optimizer's Trouser Pouch Monstrosity Répertoire ft. Ribbon Masters™, RNGs, SRs, & More

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
September 16th 2021
4 new Pokémon
Shout-out to Lego and Kanon90 for the amazing Pokémon.
The Azelf and the Terrakion are further fruitful personal Gen 7 Wormhole RNG projects.

(#003 - Kanon90's ❝Treffy❞ ♂
)

❝the Rank Master❞
Received from Kanon90 - Non-Redis

OT: Spike | ID: 792693 | in Courageous Cavern (Galar)
Modest | Chlorophyll (H) | TSV: 2838
IVs: 31 | 20 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
EMs: Petal Dance, Toxic
EV'd: Sleep Powder, Frenzy Plant, Sludge Bomb, Earth Power
{252 HP / 116 SpA / 140 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to the affectionate nickname that Sypha Belnades gives Trevor Belmont in the animated ❝Castlevania❞ Netflix series, based on the eponymous Konami video game series.
The nickname was chosen for Venusaur, since the animation of G-Max Vine Lash used by Gigantamax Venusaur bears a striking resemblance to Trevor's Dual Whip attack.
❝I'm Trevor fucking Belmont, and I've never lost a fight to man, nor fucking beast!❞

{#012 - Lego's ❝Kuranda❞} - NFT
❝the Triumphant❞

OT: Lego\01390 (XD Gale of Darkness)
IVs: HT(28)/0/HT(29)/HT(28)/HT(30)/31 - Docile (Timid Mint)\Compound Eyes (♀)
EV'd: Sleep Powder, Substitute, Quiver Dance, Hurricane
[76 HP / 180 SpA / 252 Spe]

This Pokémon was snagged from Miror B in Pyrite Colosseum.
I received this Pokémon from Lego who RNG Abused it himself in Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness.
For Lego, the nickname Kuranda is a personal reference to a small town in Far North Queensland, Australia, nestled amongst tropical rainforest.
It is home to a butterfly sanctuary that he was lucky enough to visit on a childhood holiday back in 2004 after seeing it on a travel television show. Lego received assistance with this project from Skadiv in Gen 4 and Gen 8.
Lego entrusted me with this Butterfree as a parting gift when stepping down from his authority position in our community.
This scenario bears a bittersweet resemblance to the iconic ❝Bye-Bye Butterfree❞ episode from the Pokémon anime, when Ash releases his Butterfree.
Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
In this sense, I wish my good friend Lego only the best of luck as he embarks for new horizons in life.​

(#482 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Zahid❞
)

❝the Strutter❞
Non-Redis

OT: Christophe | ID: 241345 | Ultra Space Wilds (Alola)
Timid | Levitate | RNG: CitraRNG
IVs: 31 | 0 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 (HP Dragon)
EV'd: Nasty Plot, Psyshock, Fire Blast, Dazzling Gleam
{4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to Zahid, Djinn of the Lamp, the eponymous Magic: The Gathering card.
❝I do as I please, little mortal. Do go on about your wishes, though—they amuse me to no end.❞

(#639 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Aldébaran❞
)

❝the Strutter❞
Credits for the nickname go to Kanon90 - Non-Redis

Jolly | Justified | RNG: CitraRNG
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 (HP Dark)
EV'd: Stone Edge, Close Combat, Rock Slide, Toxic
{252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to the Taurus Aldebaran, one of the 12 Gold Saints from Masami Kurumada's ❝Saint Seiya❞ manga series.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
October 1st 2021
3 new Pokémon
Shout-out to Kanon90 for the amazing Pokémon.
The Giratina is a further fruitful personal Gen 7 Wormhole RNG project.
I would like to welcome the opportunity to state that my thanks are graciously extended to Lego for hosting the amazing raid.

(#245 - Kanon90's ❝Dana❞
)

❝the Royal Master❞
Received from Kanon90 - NFT

OT: Killy | ID: 45555 | Johto (Crystal)
Bold | Inner Focus (H) | RNG: Soft-Reset
IVs: 31 | 17 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 (HP Dark)
EV'd: Roar, Snarl, Tailwind, Scald
{252 HP / 116 Def / 4 SpA / 84 SpD / 52 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous character from Nihon Falcom's ❝Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana❞ action role-playing game.
❝We are not the tools of any higher power. Each of us is the very embodiment of free will. Even so, there comes a time in every man's life when he must answer a call to destiny beyond human understanding.❞
❝How will you respond when that moment strikes you? Truly, nothing is more awe-inspiring than one who unceasingly pushes himself beyond the threshold of his courage and will.❞
❝I had hoped to embody such an ideal myself. Even now, many decades later, my awe for her remains unwavering.❞

(#487 - Max. Optimizer's ❝FU❞
)

❝the Strutter❞
Credits for the nickname go to Kanon90 - Non-Redis

Adamant | Levitate | RNG: CitraRNG
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 (HP Dark)
EV'd (Gen 7): Shadow Force, Shadow Sneak, Dragon Claw, Earthquake
EV'd (Gen 8+): Poltergeist, Shadow Sneak, Dragon Claw, Earthquake
{252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous prince from Grasshopper Manufacture's ❝No More Heroes III❞ action-adventure hack-and-slash video game.
❝I'm a goddamn superhero.❞
Note: This Giratina took 259 Beast Balls to catch.

(#727 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Sundari❞ ♀
)

❝the Rank Master❞
Den RNG Abused by Lego - Credits for the nickname go to Kanon90

OT: Christophe | ID: 857696 | in a Pokémon Den (Galar)
Impish | Intimidate (H) | RNG: Den (by Lego)
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 0 | 31 | 31
EV'd: Flare Blitz, Throat Chop, Fake Out, Parting Shot
{252 HP / 4 Atk / 164 Def / 44 SpD / 44 Spe}

Sundari is a female tiger cup that usurped the territory of Machali, her mother, and drove her out.
The nickname was chosen for this Incineroar, as her cutthroat nature goes in tandem with the move Throat Chop.
For more information, please check the entry of the Incineroar named ❝Machali❞ and ❝Jhumaroo❞.

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
October 16th 2021
4 new Pokémon
Shout-out to Kanon90 and Sephirona for the amazing Pokémon.
Shout-out to u/Mr_Navillus for hatching the egg for me.
The Froslass is a further fruitful personal Gen 7 Hatching RNG project.
The Zarude is my first ever fruitful personal Pokémon GO project.

{#195 - Sephirona's ❝Spekkio❞} - NFT
❝the Living Legend❞
(Colosseum RNG / Snagged Shadow Pokémon)

IVs: 31/HT(30)/HT(30)/HT(30)/HT(30)/0 - Relaxed\Unaware (H) (♂) - Rona\00099
EV'd: Toxic, Scald, Earthquake, Recover
[252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD]

❝I'm Spekkio, the Master of War!❞

This Pokémon was snagged from Bandana Guy Divel in Pyrite Town on the 1st of January 2021.
Quagsire was intentionally defeated in Pyrite Town so that it could be caught in a Master Ball later on.
The ❝Master❞ Ball was chosen to match the color palette, but also because he is the ❝Master❞ of War.
This Pokémon was RNG abused in Pokémon Colosseum by my lovely girlfriend Sephirona, using the Dolphin v4.0-6848 emulator.

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous Pink Nu from Square's ❝Chrono Trigger❞.
He refers to himself as the ❝Master of War❞.
The TID was chosen and RNG Abused to represent the number 99, the highest possible level in the game, as well as the level Spekkio is encountered at.​

(#249 - Kanon90's ❝Shudo❞
)

❝the Great Friend❞
Received from Kanon90 - NFT

OT: Onishi | ID: 23719 | Johto (Silver)
Timid | Multiscale (H) | RNG: Soft-Reset
IVs: 31 | 8 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 (HP Dragon)
EV'd: Substitute, Toxic, Whirlwind, Roost
{248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe}

Her nickname is a reference to the eponymous Japanese scriptwriter and novelist Takeshi Shudo who originally created Lugia exclusively for the ❝Pokémon The Movie 2000: The Power of One❞ movie.
❝Since Lugia was a Pokémon I designed myself solely for the new movie, I was surprised it ended up getting used later in the games and TV show. [...] Actually, I thought of Lugia as a Pokémon exclusive to the movies.❞
Sadly enough, Lugia was given birth through Shudo's substance abuse, as he was under strong influence of alcohol and pills when writing for the anime and the first three movies:
❝If I can't drink, I take tranquilizers. When I get a little bit high, it helps me sort out all my confused thoughts. However, when it comes to alcohol and drugs, you need to know your limit...❞
❝[Like] if I start to think that 1 plus 1 doesn't necessarily equal 2... when these become difficult, it means I'm drunk.❞
Her original code name was ❝Pokémon X❞, a creature ❝different from Pokémon❞, since she had to ❝symbolize life for humans, too❞.
❝She's a symbol of life, but also of coexistence. X symbolizes deep ocean currents and created life on Earth. It's a maternal Pokémon❞.
❝One of the regrets I have about writing the second Pokémon movie was that I didn't push back on the gender assigned to Lugia.❞
❝Although its gender isn't addressed in the plot, it's given a male voice... [but] it's a maternal Pokémon...❞
Shudo wrote a lot about Lugia in the year before he died, but it was the loss of its maternal identity that pained him the most.
The cause of his death was a subarachnoid hemorrhage, which is essentially a brain bleed whose risk factors include cigarettes and alcohol.
It was Shudo's substance abuse that fueled his writing and gave birth to Lugia, but sadly, it may also have been what killed him.
Credits for the research and transcript go to maxmoefoe and DidYouKnowGaming?.

(#478 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Akiko❞ ♀
)

❝the Strutter❞

OT: Tsuki | ID: 833886 | Mount Lanakila (Alola)
Timid | Cursed Body (H) | TSV: 0320
IVs: 31 | 0 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 (HP Dragon)
EMs: Disable, Fake Tears, Spikes, Weather Ball
EV'd: Taunt, Spikes, Icy Wind, Destiny Bond
{4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to Akiko Kinoshita from the ❝Snow Woman's Legend❞ murder case in Gosho Ayoama's ❝Detective Conan❞ manga series.
In this case, actress Akiko Kinoshita's is murdered by her body double Yoko Asanuma out of jealousy, as Akiko would always get to enjoy the full fame and recognition.
After forging a suicide letter, Yoko drugged Akiko and knocked her out when they were out skiing.
She later took off her ski outfit and put a white kimono on her, burying Akiko in the snow, which would cause her a deathly hypothermia.

(#893 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Fred❞)
❝the Once Well-Trained❞
Non-Redis

OT: Christophe | ID: 099699 | Pokémon GO
Serious (Jolly Mint) | Leaf Guard | Search for Zarude! Limited-time Special Research
IVs: HT(25) | HT(25) | HT(21) | 25 | HT(21) | HT(7)
EV'd: Bulk Up, Jungle Healing, Power Whip, Darkest Lariat
{252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe}

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous chacma baboon from Cape Town, South Africa.
Fred came to international attention as the leader of a baboon ❝gang❞ which developed a reputation for raiding homes and cars, assaulting and interfering with local residents and tourists, and stealing food.
Human negligence and ❝misguided efforts❞ were blamed for Fred's ❝demise❞, as he was euthanized shortly after his capture.
❝Because people want to love, laugh at and be entertained by baboons, they start a cycle of events that can lead to tragedy, as in the case of this baboon❞, the city said, adding
❝He targets cars with bags and visible food, but it is his ability to open closed car doors that surprised everyone❞.
The nickname was chosen for Zarude, considering the ❝Rogue Monkey Pokémon❞, living in packs, is considered ❝incredibly aggressive❞.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)