NOC Mayor Mafia - Democracy Prevails

I just woke up but Fenrir: I literally rescinded the shit I said about you and you decided still decided to read into it like I still stood by it. I decided to start reading you based on your wallposts because of the linked game god dammit.

Nuxl do you see this is the kind of stupid situation I want to avoid
I dont read this as w/w

Because DS was proposing that the MewtwoHidden was noobscum? I don't expect DS to have meta knowledge, but since he had that theory he presumably has ideas of differences between how new players act as scum vs. as town.

Re: mayor discussion, I feel like everyone should just vote whoever's towniest. Assuming the player we vote as mayor is town and correctly protected, even that's only going to keep them alive temporarily (since a player can't consecutively become mayor) and the mayor vote shouldn't even affect the game much unless it's given to one of the roles that gets other bonuses for being voted. The vote watching/tracking roles should be helpful for figuring out agendas. The bit Nuxl brought up about close votes being potentially redirected is true though so if we want to try and coordinate something I'm down. I think the best opportunity for that is gonna be using that strategy to ensure the reformer gets their vig shot.

/shrug I kind of just feel like playing it as vanilla and voting one of the towniest players until someone claims reformer or smth, but if y'all have a game-breaking idea I'm down.

bluedoom I'm finishing this post with a list of my current reads :thumbsup: ended up sleeping longer than intended since I didn't actually have my first class today, so I'm kind of scrambling to get through everything in an hour as I write this. HYPE extension, I've still got a class in ~2 hrs but it'll be in session at deadline so I'm still sort of scrambling.

MewtwoHidden you mentioned thinking that Mafia would "benefit from shifting discussion to nuxl/bluedoom" and later mentioned wanting to vote them for mayor; is there a reason those two stood out to you as town early on? Also as a sidenote you mentioned me being new; I'm only (sort of) new to this site (Mafia in general I've been playing since ~2016).

Any player not listed below doesn't have any content that makes me read them strongly either way. The most notable case of this is bluedoom; I'm gonna (if I have time still) look around on SF some for any of his recent games).

XnadrojX: It's been a while since we played together but I don't like that so many of his posts are just playing devil's advocate to things people bring up; it's reminiscent of his scum play from what I recall. Most of his posts since he unvoted me also don't really commit to anything (even after he asked Nuxl for a link to one of my games and Nuxl obliged he went on to disregard it and decide to read me based on the wallposts he's assuming I'm going to make. (He's right in that I'm wallposting now but :thinking:)

DS: Right now there're two things keeping me from sheeping the consensus townread on him: (1) It's weird to me that he's only given insight on Mewtwo/Sultan/Inferno despite having pretty consistent presense through the game. (2) I'm generally hesitant over potentially misreading him b/c of his reputation as a champs finalist. Not a slot I'm interested in lynching rn as nothing he's done really pings me.

Moodycloud: All his posts are about game mechanics barring a vote on Whydon [who currently has ~3 posts]. Keeping an eye on the slot and anticipating reads in some form from it some time soon.

Sultan of Skook: I dislike that, given his own activity level, his first meaningful piece of content is calling out Nuxl for going after others' activity. I went back to check their play in Twin Trap (where they were town and subbed out D1), which included a mention that they prefer to react when games get started and wait for content that gives them a strong read in a given direction. Having such a strong read on someone for scumreading an inactive player seems off, and they also ignored pretty much everyone but Nuxl.

InfernoDragon: A vote I could get behind. I agree with the callout that he's sidelining up until post 121, but even then all he's given for reads are sheeping the town!Nuxl consensus and his most recent post, where his only actual reads are the scumreads on Sultan/Mewtwo, neither of which he's committed to with any voting/questioning.

MewtwoHidden: Banking on the fact that Nuxl hasn't been subbed out/modkilled for his "angleshoot" read, I'm inclined to read MewtwoHidden as town for the same reason. His posts re: the setup also feel townie in their efforts to break it and I also generally lean town on people who don't use setup discussion as a crutch to avoid giving reads [see: my current read on Moody].

Nuxl: First off yikes spamposting; I agree with the consensus townread on him currently though given he's the primary force driving any form of discussion currently. Someone at some point mentioned wanting to read him as town just for being active which I disagree with, but at present he's the only one who's been consistently trying to coordinate the mayor votes in some way and get people to produce reads while also interacting with his own reads in order to develop them.

Not voting: DS, MewtwoHidden, Nuxl
Votes I could get behind: Jordan, Inferno, Sultan (in that order).

Unvote: MewtwoHidden
Vote: XnadrojX
This is the only thing of substance he's posted and its kinda towny.

Hm.

I'll come back to the Fenrir read once he starts going into wallpost mode like he always ends up doing.

The only purpose for a doublevote is probably for a trustworthy person to break ties out of a bad wagon, and I'd say DS. has the strongest reads so far in the game. (i.e I'm voting for them for mayor)
Blue also said they would vote me for mayor fwiw, with kinda the same reasoning? I really dont think there was anything worthwhile to point me out like this at this point in the game, as I said for blue's iso also

I mean, seeing as I was a driving force for the Samoyed lynch, I should p much be about as locktown as you can get in the civvy spot
That's kinda wifom since you would be banking on being the last townie to go either way, and you yourself said that dusk flipping town would clean you.

After a quick skim of the Jordan iso one more time, he mentions Fenrir an absurd number of times. You wouldnt do that as scum mates, and I believe he even votes him at one point.

Yh ik, and I would never lynch you over any of the other four options unless something significant changes with that said, I don't want to give anybody conf status bc that gives us permission to be lazy.
Which is what I pushed yesterday, leading to the Samoyed lynch lol

We agree. Anyways, I would probably lynch Bluedoom today.

Lynch: Bluedoom

Problem with us fucking up the mayoral shit last night is that no one has two votes

so with 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch, meaning we have to have 5 people on and agreeing who to hammer while there are currently 3 people inactive-ish.

errr not hammerig myself cause i wanna reread thread but if someone else wants to hammer i wont be upset. I’ll do my threadwork tommorow night regardless.
also i agree, scum should FF, game’s over

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
(UN)Official Vote Count 3.1
bluedoom(4)- DS(1309), MewtwoHidden(1311), apricity(1322), Duskfall98(1323)

Not Voting: Bluedoom, Fenrir, 3p1k, Whydon

# to hammer - 5
67 hours until deadline.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)