ORAS OU Medicham & the Fairy Dojo - My First RMT

AN OU TEAM

Introduction

Hello there folks reading this RMT, I hope you've been having a stellar day and a bunch of other things that I might say. This IS my first RMT so please go easy on me. The only thing I ask of you when editing my team is to not take Medicham away.

Development

It all started when I decided to build a team around Mega-Medicham, with a fairy support.

So this was my first core. A strong attacker with a fairy to back it up.
I decided to just simply add one of my favorite mons, Victini.

But that didn't work out, I was already weak to things like Mega Scizor so I changed Victini to a dragon type with support. So this happened:

Latias removed and hazards, dealt with poisons which Clefable was weak to, and also could heal up if one of my other mons was almost fainted.
Then I decided to add something that would deal with ghosts and Landorus-T.

I started with the traditional
set, but then later switched to a set with poison jab for fairy coverage.
At this point I realized my team got wrecked by any Talonflame, so I added in one of the best Talonflame counters, Rotom-W.

Rotom-Wash forms a good mixed wall with pain split and checked some of my weaknesses. It also allowed me to gain more momentum. For my last mon I wanted a T-Wave user that could heal but also deal, and so what better mon than ParaFlinch Togekiss?

And with my team complete, I fought and made changes. I briefly tried CosmicBurn Sigilyph instead of Togekiss, but Togekiss was better.
So I came here.
Then I got some RMTs.

Detailed Analysis

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

This is my usual lead. Ability is obvious. It's a traditional Megacham set, Fake Out allows it to safely evolve. High Jump Kick hits like a wrecking ball (until I keep going and crash) and serves a good counter to set-up steels. Zen Headbutt is more STAB, dealing with Gengar and other poisons. Bullet Punch is for coverage and has nice priority. It also hits M-Sableye. When Medicham falls low on health, I simply switch out.

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 120 Def / 144 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
Set by Snow. Leftovers for nice over-time recovery. Sand Stream wears down the opponent. EVs is for a bit of everything. Earthquake is nice STAB. Whirlwind gets rid of a potential threat, and Slack Off to stay healthy. He is my SR setter.

Talonflame (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Taunt
A fairly standard support Talonflame set. EVs and item are obvious. Brave Bird is nice stab. Will-o-wisp cripples physical attackers such as opposing Medicham. Roost for strong recovery, and Taunt to stop setup sweepers.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
I went for Weavile as a revenge killer and also for coverage. LO is obvious. EVs are for speed and power so it can function as a revenge killer. Knock Off is a strong STAB move that is deadly to some item-relying strategies. Icicle Crash is Weavile's main STAB, hitting Talonflame, Gliscor and Landorus-T hard, usually OHKOing them. Ice Shard is a nice priority move. Low Kick is a nice move that is generally used when other options are not viable.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 224 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
A fairly standard Rotom-W set. The EVs spread is for a nice defensive typing. Will-O-Wisp counters physical attackers, and Pain Split keeps him healthy. Volt Switch is to gain momentum. Finally, HyP provides nice STAB and coverage.

Togekiss (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Defog
- Roost
- Air Slash
A semi bulky set here. A traditional ParaFlincher. EV spread is to be nice and bulky. Defog saves Talonflame's butt. T-Wave is very annoying and makes up for the 0 speed evs. Roost is for reliable recovery, and Air Slash is a very nice STAB move with Serene Grace and T-wave, allowing Togekiss to simply wear down any opponent. 0 Atk IVs is to negate Foul Play damage.

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 120 Def / 144 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock​

Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Taunt

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 224 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split​

Togekiss (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Defog
- Roost
- Air Slash

THANK YOU FOR READING MY RATE!
I will organize it and add a threatlist in the near future.​

Last edited:

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hei :] Nice team, but you're weak to a lot of stuff and you're missing a lot of things.
The first thing I noticed is that you're missing Stealth Rocks O_O They're really important in OU and in each tier/mg since DPP so you should really run them. You're also Char X and Manectric weak. And a lot of things so i'm gonna start.

>
First important change. You already have a fairy in your team, and you need a SR setter. Clefable learns SR too, but Hippowdon offers you a safe switch in on Manectric, Raikou and Electrics stopping the opposing momentum and also offers you a switch in on Metagross, Bisharp, Charizard X and a decent Mega Diancie Check.

Since you're Diancie Weak, Bullet punch > Ice Punch should be nice to stop it or even rkill it :O

Your Rotom-W spread is terrible D: at the end I'll post you the whole ett of the team, with all the spread fixed, even this :] oh and plz plz run Will-o-Wisp or Scizor will insta-6-0 you D:

The perfect item for Weavile is currently Life Orb and you should run Jolly > Adamant since one of the things that make Weavile OU is its embarassing speed that allows it to outspeed Tornadus, Scarf-TTar, Starmie, Raikou etc, etc. You should also replace Poison Jab with the important Ice Shard D:

Togekiss is an amazing monster in OU but there is no need to run it without Defog (or Nasty Plot), and most important, with that spread D: I'll leave you the right spread in the ett at the end :O Also, you should change Bold > Modest Nature (in order to tank psyshocks and lopunnies) and Defog > Dazzling Gleam.

>
And now, another important change in order to defeat Clefable that was kinda undefeatable with your old team. We can replace the Latias with Talonflame since I dropped the Defog from Latias to Togekiss and so a new slot is now free :] This is the classic special defensive Talonflame that allows you to obtain another important priority move and keep you safe to Charizard Y. It also allows you to stallbreak fat grass mons and I'm pretty sure your team will like it :O

So here how your "new" team looks and down you can find the whole export to text :]

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Togekiss (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Defog
- Roost
- Air Slash

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 224 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Trait: Gale Wings
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Taunt

Medicham (M) @ Medichamite
Trait: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt

Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 120 Def / 144 SDef / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Hey, nice team however it have some flaws but i'll try to fix them for you.

I noticed that Charizard-X is a huge threat for your team since you can't check it, revenge kill it or just don't have a way to deal with it (Prankster Thunder-Wave users), this dude can just 6-0 your team. Bisharp seem pretty annoying too since your only check which is M-Medicham doesn't have an resistence or an good bulk so its not good, SD variant can just 6-0 your team with prior damage on both of Weavile and Rotom-W. You don't have stealth rocks on your which is the most important move on the game since it allow you to limit switch-in of the opposing teams.

I don't really like this Clefable set on your team, you should use the Magic Guard one with CM, its like the same but its a little bit more offensive than yours but it will don't change too much the ability of Clefable to check specific threats.

You still don't have a stealth rocker or an check to Zard-X, Landorus-T over Rotom-W should be a great idea, Landorus-T will work as stealth rocker and as better check than Rotom-W to many physical attacker like M-Lopunny, Hoopa-U in addition to Zard-X which annoy your team.

You still have problem with Bisharp and now without Rotom-W, you have some problem to check Heatran, i'd suggest to use Keldeo over Togekiss, i didn't find him too much utility since Clefable is already annoying balanced/stall team with M-Medicham and Clefable is already an check (better one without stealth rock weakness) to M-Sableye.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower / Thunderwave

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Hope i helped

I've noticed that I now don't have a Choice user. Does anybody have any suggestions?
A choice user isn't mandatory in ORAS (especially Scarf with so much priority in the metagame) so I guess that if you're fine with the current version of the team, you don't NEED a choiced mon.

Seo.

Hey Waziooi,

For Talonflame I suggest run Swords Dance > Taunt Talonflame is a potential sweeper, and can eat souls once it gets +2
If Your worried about set up sweepers, run Whirlwind > Toxic on
Hippowdon

Literally, other then that your team is spot on! Hope I helped ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)