Mediocre-Mons (VENOMOTH BANNED!)

I am incredibly skeptical of cherrim, it has a physical movepool the size of a dick a kiddie pool. Flower Gift is cool and all but I do not really feel it deserves b rank at all for now it will be d rank.
I don't think D-rank is appropriate for it either though. C rank if anything. It's not really outclassed by much since Flower Gift is such a unique niche. As an offensive grass-type, it might be overshadowed by Weepinbell / Tropius. But like Weepinbell, it has access to Weather Ball + HP Rock which gives it good enough coverage. It also has Healing Wish, which I think differentiates a lot from other grass-types. I can understand if you think B- rank wouldn't be good for it, but I don't think D-rank is right either. Its definitely not as bad as Watchog lol

I'd also consider Clamperl for C rank. It's one of the most underrated yet fearsome sweepers in the tier. It becomes really, really hard to wall after Shell Smash. Horrible defenses, poor coverage, general slowness, and reliance on screens make it require intense support. But if it sets up, it really can just sweep through an entire team with ease.

Seismitoad I fixed the thing to make it not lame =)
S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon who can sweep or wall significant portions of the metagame with little support, and Pokemon who can support other Pokemon with very little opportunity cost ("free turns"). Also the home of Pokemon who can easily perform multiple roles effectively, increasing their versatility and unpredictability. If the Pokemon in this rank have any flaws, those flaws are thoroughly mitigated by their substantial strengths.

Klefki
Nidoqueen
Venomoth

A Rank: Reserved for Pokemon who can sweep or wall significant portions of the metagame, but require some support or have some flaws that prevents them from doing this consistently. Supporting Pokemon in this rank may give opponents free turns or cannot create free turns easily themselves, but can still do their job most of the time.

Abomasnow
Ferroseed
Fletchinder
Frogadier
Golbat
Quagsire
Raticate
Sableye
Vivillon
Xatu

B Rank: Reserved for Pokemon who cannot sweep through or wall significant portions of the metagame, but can properly fulfill a given offensive/defensive niche. Support Pokemon in this category have flaws that prevent them from doing their job or are setup bait for dangerous sweepers. Pokemon who are partially outclassed by a Pokemon in A or S Rank, but are otherwise very dangerous, may also fall into this category.

Ariados
Basculin
Chatot
Combusken
Gabite
Hippopotas
Krokorok
Lunatone
Mawile
Murkrow
Pikachu
Poliwrath
Qwilfish
Rotom-N
Solrock
Stantler
Vullaby
Vulpix
Weepinbell
Zweilous

C Rank: Reserved for Pokemon who can be effective given the right support, but either have crippling flaws that prevent them from consistently executing their strategy or are typically inferior to Pokemon in the above ranks.

Arbok
Ditto
Herdier
Garbodor
Girafarig
Golduck
Grotle
Malamar
Masquerain
Mightyena
Misdreavus
Slurpuff
Swanna
Tropius
Volbeat
Wartortle
Whirlipede

D Rank: Reserved for Pokemon who have a very small niche that are for the most part, overshadowed by their flaws or are almost if not completely outclassed by another pokemon in every single way.

Bibarel
Butterfree
Cherrim
Diggersby
Lumineon
Medicham
Parasect
Seaking
Watchog

E Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that should never be used. Ever.

Beedrill
Furret
Kricketune
Minun
Natu
Pachirisu
Plusle

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
lol phione. that thing probably cant even do well in LC.
seriously phione sucks ass and is awful.

i would support Raticate to s rank, due to its sheer power. if you have faced the banded hustle set, you know what i mean. talk about a strong revenge killer...it hits well harder with return than guts facade, and thats really saying something. Its sheer power on both sets however is very amazing, and it can even run a niche banded guts set and tank status. facing a banded guts facade to the face is just a shitstorm. Its niche however, since without guts it loses most of its power and it HAS to switch in to status. raticate in general has a lot of raw power, guts boosted attacks hit extemely hard and hustle is another cool ability. This is a poke i love to use as a strong revenge killer, both standard sets do it well.

No matter what you say, raticate is a versatile threat that every team should keep on its threatlist and i believe deserves s-rank.

Unfixable can you please make the font size a little smaller on the rank descrips? its a little big for my taste

Last edited:
The Eevee General
S Rank:
Reserved for Pokemon who can sweep or wall significant portions of the metagame with little support, and Pokemon who can support other Pokemon with very little opportunity cost ("free turns"). Also the home of Pokemon who can easily perform multiple roles effectively, increasing their versatility and unpredictability. If the Pokemon in this rank have any flaws, those flaws are thoroughly mitigated by their substantial strengths.

Klefki
Nidoqueen
Venomoth
A Rank: Reserved for Pokemon who can sweep or wall significant portions of the metagame, but require some support or have some flaws that prevents them from doing this consistently. Supporting Pokemon in this rank may give opponents free turns or cannot create free turns easily themselves, but can still do their job most of the time.

Abomasnow
Ferroseed
Fletchinder
Frogadier
Golbat
Quagsire
Raticate
Sableye
Vivillon
Xatu

B Rank: Reserved for Pokemon who cannot sweep through or wall significant portions of the metagame, but can properly fulfill a given offensive/defensive niche. Support Pokemon in this category have flaws that prevent them from doing their job or are setup bait for dangerous sweepers. Pokemon who are partially outclassed by a Pokemon in A or S Rank, but are otherwise very dangerous, may also fall into this category.

Ariados
Basculin
Chatot
Combusken
Gabite
Hippopotas
Krokorok
Lunatone
Mawile
Murkrow
Pikachu
Poliwrath
Qwilfish
Rotom-N
Solrock
Stantler
Vullaby
Vulpix
Weepinbell
Zweilous

C Rank: Reserved for Pokemon who can be effective given the right support, but either have crippling flaws that prevent them from consistently executing their strategy or are typically inferior to Pokemon in the above ranks.

Arbok
Ditto
Herdier
Garbodor
Girafarig
Golduck
Grotle
Malamar
Masquerain
Mightyena
Misdreavus
Slurpuff
Swanna
Tropius
Volbeat
Wartortle
Whirlipede

D Rank: Reserved for Pokemon who have a very small niche that are for the most part, overshadowed by their flaws or are almost if not completely outclassed by another pokemon in every single way.

Bibarel
Butterfree
Cherrim
Diggersby
Lumineon
Medicham
Parasect
Seaking fuck yeah
Watchog
E rank: Reserved for Pokemon that should never be used. Ever.

Beedrill
Every Pikachu Clone
Furret
Kricketune
Natu

I probably missed some pokemon so don't be afraid to point them out as that is somewhat what these things are for. Don't flame anyone if they say something you don't agree with.

To badass for sprites
Put marshtomp in the list and make him B rank. It's good attack, ability to go both offence and defencive sets, amazing typing gives it a good niche.

Knuckstrike

Hi I'm FIREEEE
is a Tiering Contributor
Put marshtomp in the list and make him B rank. It's good attack, ability to go both offence and defencive sets, amazing typing gives it a good niche.
Quagsire is generally better than marshtomp. Even though marshtomp can carry an eviolite, quagsire has access to recover for a defensive set and also better stats without the eviolite. Marshtomp's abilities are next to useless while quag's abilities are awesome.
If you're going on the offense then quag will have better defensive stats and access to stone edge while not losing on attacking power.

(Lunatone) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

I feel like this could be very deadly if used right, in regular nu its too frail to use weakness policy. So now that some of the pokemon are watered down status wise it has the chance to live activating weakness policy and being able to boost its speed with Rock Polish. It is situational but i feel like it could be pulled off.

Last edited:
I've been using Physical Phione and it has been rather nice.
Phione @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Heal Bell
Knock Off and U-turn set it apart from other Water types and it has a fair amount of bulk. Heal Bell is filler and is definitely handy, though it can be replaced by Rain Dance for rain teams.
I haven't tried special sets yet, but they look like they would be good and be kinda like bulky Frogadier since it has similar coverage.
Phione @ Choice Specs
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SAtk / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald/Surf
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Dazzling Gleam/Signal Beam
Phione @ Leftovers
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SAtk / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Substitute/Dazzling Gleam/Signal Beam/Heal Bell/Rain Dance/Toxic

My Bibarel sounds pretty unorthodox but it has slain at least 3 Basculin iirc. I've only been playing the tier for a couple of hours, and I'm getting pretty used to it. It is also is a pretty good Klefki counter when Klefki doesn't have Foul Play.

Bibarel @ Life Orb
Ability: Simple
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 SAtk
Naughty Nature
-Work Up
-Return
-Waterfall
-Thunderbolt

It's best to send em in late-game so that you have a chance to use Work Up. You won't make it if you don't use Work Up. Trust me. The best partner to use for Bibarel is a Thunder Wave Xatu because you have the power to slow your opponents down enough for Bibarel to become an actual battler.

Croconaw.png

Now this may come out of the blue, but I am going to nominate Croconaw for preferably B- Rank but I can deal with C+ Rank. Now you may be asking yourself, "lol wut croconaw is bad" but I am here to convince you that it is actually a very underrated set-up sweeper that everyone needs to try. With an Eviolite, Croconaw gains incredible bulk that allows it to tank some of the hardest hitters in the tier. It also has 2 great set-up moves in SD and DD, as well as STAB Priority. Now this explanation probably hasn't quite convinced you yet, so i'll leave it to the calcs.

Calcs
252 Atk Choice Band Basculin Superpower vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Croconaw: 124-147 (37.5 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Fletchinder Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Croconaw: 217-256 (65.7 - 77.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Xatu Grass Knot (60 BP) vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Croconaw: 133-159 (40.3 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Ariados Megahorn vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Croconaw: 135-159 (40.9 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Solrock Stone Edge vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Croconaw: 138-164 (41.8 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Stantler Return vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Croconaw: 142-168 (43 - 50.9%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Herdier Return vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Croconaw: 145-172 (43.9 - 52.1%) -- 15.2% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mightyena Crunch vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Croconaw: 107-126 (32.4 - 38.1%) -- 96% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Frogadier Dark Pulse vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Croconaw: 122-146 (36.9 - 44.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Replay where Gatr does work: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mediocremons-138666513

I'm not saying that you have to move Croconaw to the top of the tier. I'm just saying that it has a very good niche as a bulky set-up cleaner in the tier and it deserves to be ranked accordingly, which i believe is either B-/C+ Rank.

So... Kingdra is finally banned. Could anyone come up with a feasible Seadra set?

I think Yanma and Porygon are actually great here...
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mediocremons-138836649
Edit: I nominate Porygon for C Rank.

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt/Psychic
- Recover/Shadow Ball

This is my awesome Porygon set. It looks cheap and thrown together, but it really packs a punch with the Analytic boost and can keep you going strong with Eviolite+Recover.

Last edited:
So... Kingdra is finally banned. Could anyone come up with a feasible Seadra set?

I think Yanma and Porygon are actually great here...
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mediocremons-138836649
Edit:

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

This is my awesome Porygon set. It looks cheap and thrown together, but it really packs a punch with the Analytic boost and can keep you going strong with Eviolite+Recover.
Seadra @ Eviolite
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Substitute
- Disable
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Seadra @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Agility
- Focus Energy
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

These are the only things I could really make with seadra and they are honestly pretty bad. Subdisable gets worn down really fast unless you have a wishpasser and cleric. Critdra v2 is really specially frail and agility is absolutely imperative so hp fire is out of the question because it is so slow.
As for yanma, it's only niche is compoundeyes hypnosis.
Porygon, although bulkier has a lot of competition with elgyem as the latter has calm mind and nasty plot. It's honestly up to opinion on which one you want though.

Last edited:
Yanma can also be a pretty nice Special Attacker.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mediocremons-138856944

Yanma @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain

It's pretty simple. 1st turn: Protect
After that, you'll be faster than almost every unScarfed Pokemon in the tier. Giga Drain takes care of Basculin, Bug Buzz for reliable STAB, Air Slash for flinching and STAB.

Edit: Another plus. After one Speed Boost, you'll be faster than Quiver Dance Vivillon. Air Slash is an OHKO if Vivillon is univested in HP and/or Special Defense.

Last edited:
!!!! People might disagree with me on this but, Why isn't Smeargle on here! :[ Is he getting banned or something? I hope he gets ranked. I feel he should be in C or B. :P

I'm not sure if anybody has mentioned this yet but:

Floette @ Eviolite
Ability: Flower Veil/Symbiosis
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast/Psychic/HP Fire
- Toxic
---
With base 98 special defense and Eviolite, Floette is a great special wall. Zero attack IVs are only to lower confusion damage. The set itself is pretty explanatory, using Toxic for gradual damage and using Wish/Protect to heal off damage or heal teammates. Moonblast is the preferred attack for STAB, but with Pokemon like Nidoqueen, Venomoth, and Golbat running rampant in the meta, Psychic is a good choice as well. Finally, HP Fire is to deal with Steel types like Ferroseed and Magnemite that also pose threats to Floette.
---
I'm godawful at writing analyses or whatever so the above probably doesn't make sense xD Not sure if HP Fire would be useful but Moonblast and Psychic have both been beneficial
TL;DR it's a great special wall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)