Meet the Borderlines (UU Team)

I am fairly new to UU(only a 3 week-1 month player.) I would love any suggestions to this team and the overall flow of the UU environment. The UU Voting will begin soon and I will be unsure if any of my team players will be banned. Also to note that, I got a 1825/56 Deviation and missed the voting requirements by one deviation. I probably won't be accepted anyways because I have used this team so well, I didn't know any other strategies. Enough of my rambling and heres my team:

Smeargle (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Endeavor
- Extremespeed
- Spikes

I have used this set in OU with extreme success, but seems to get stopped more easily in UU. I use Spore to gain an upperhand vs most leads and proceed to Spike. When at low HP, Endeavor ruins a whole lot of things and managed to save me in quite of number in games with the combo of Endeavor+ExtremeSpeed. ExtremeSpeed is also my only priority move in this team and is handy. Focus Sash ensures great surviviability and kicks in Endeavor.
---

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Explosion

This is my physical wall and Stealth Rock user. Regirock can take a whole lot of pain and OHKO or dent opposing foes with its attack. Rock Slide is for STAB and Filers, EQ is mainly for accuracy and helps as a neutral attack. Explosion is used to take down foes when I need to or when I feel its job of walling is done. I put EVs in attack because I didn't really know what else to put in it lol. It seems wasted on Sp.Def EVs because I have a mini-whore in my team.
---

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 232 HP/24 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Aromatherapy/Synthesis

Shaymin is my bulky sweeper and cleric. Shaymin is a must on many teams because of its natural bulk and good overall stats. I won't be surprised if this thing will be relegated to BL soon. Seed Flare is for STAB, Air Slash are for Fighters and opposing grass. Sometimes it can even get me lucky flinches. Earth Power is for Fire and Steel Types. I feel that my team could be crippled by status, so I put Aromatherapy on the last spot.

The reason for the low speed and investment in HP is because I need it to take extra hits for my team, survive, force a switch or OHKO a Pokemon. 24 Speed EVs gives it enough to outrun something like Max Spd Adamant Honchkrow.
---

Mismagius (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mismagius is primarily used to block spinners. In the past, I used a CS Mismagius, but it deemed uneccessary because it already outruns so many pokes in UU. Specs is now used because it can provide the extra power for OHKOs or 2OHKOs without the need of a Modest nature. Trick is screwing things that doesn't want to be Choiced. Shadow Ball is for STAB, Thunderbolt is mostly a filler imo but works against Waters and fliers. HP Fire is specifically for Grass Types(Roserade, Venusaur, Shaymin) and Steel Types(Registeel, Steelix.)

---

Blaziken (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 76 Atk/180 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Substitute
- Roar
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

Blaziken is a nasty Mixed Sweeper. I am pretty sure I can do better with an another poke or set, but this has earned me some sweeps and annoyance. When this thing is able to come in, undoubtly many things will be forced out. I predict the switch and Sub. If I can't beat their switch in, it Roars to increase Entry Hazard Damage and possibly bring in something more favorable for Blaziken. Since Roar is also deemed unorthodox on Blaziken, some things might think I will switch while they set something up. But instead they get a Roar in their face. Fire Blast+Superpower are a good combo hindered only by: Dragons and Bulky Waters. Also when Blaziken is in Low HP, Blaze kicks in and is a terror if its under a Sub or faster than the opponent. I chose Leftovers to increase Sub uses.
---

Chansey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/8 Spd/244 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

This lego is very standard. My team would be picked apart by Special Sweepers if it wasn't for this Chansey piece. Wish is for healing itself and other team players. Protect is to scout moves and provide guaranteed healing for itself with Wish. Chansey's offensive is abysmal, so Seismic Toss seems like the best option for some offense. Toxic is for stalling, switch ins, and anything that it can't hit with Seismic Toss.

----

In conclusion, I hope you like my bad explanations. But please rate =D.
Edit: Oh wow, these pictures are huge o.o.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Chansey does definitely not need that amount of sp. def evs. Calm 252 hp, 248 def 8 speed (to outpace stuff like regis) will suffice. Give shaymin synthesis > aromatherapy. You have quite a big weakeness to opposing fire types (especially blaziken), I'd personally like to drop blaziken for an arcanine (also gets roar). Flash fire + missy immunity to fighting will solve this problem.

Chansey does definitely not need that amount of sp. def evs. Calm 252 hp, 248 def 8 speed (to outpace stuff like regis) will suffice. Give shaymin synthesis > aromatherapy. You have quite a big weakeness to opposing fire types (especially blaziken), I'd personally like to drop blaziken for an arcanine (also gets roar). Flash fire + missy immunity to fighting will solve this problem.
I feel like Chansey does in a way need the Sp.Def Evs. Although not common, Houndoom likes to set up Nasty Plots and try to cripple it before dying. It takes two Sp.Def drops from Shaymin to start outdamaging Wish Recovery. I'll take the 8 Speed Evs though.

I tried Synthesis for only a few matches, but I opted for Aromatherapy caused I didn't take Regirock, Blaziken, Mismagius taking status. I will have to try it again if this doesn't go BL.

I dont have time for much of a full rate, but I do remember that you beat me the first time when we played (a while ago), but I dont think ever again...

Your Pokemon will catch people off guard a couple times but I just tihnk you should add some consistancy, you could make Blaziken a non-roar, type or you could use a defensive Arcanine which is much more effective than Blaziken.

After I knew your Blaziken was that set, I could just switch to Slowbro without worrying, because you cant 2HKO it.

Oh my gosh! Where did you get all those pokemon plush dolls? (I need a new one, curse my lucky piplup for running out of luck) and do they really make lego pokemon?

Any way, just a minor nitpick, shaymin begs for synthesis or even rest.

And have you considered replacing earthquake on regirock with thunder wave and stone edge with rock slide? Thunder wave can cripple sweepers, rock slide gives a more accurate move, and together they can make give regirock paraflinch, which allows him to usually take down one poke and cripple another-otherwise, good team :)

Oh my gosh! Where did you get all those pokemon plush dolls? (I need a new one, curse my lucky piplup for running out of luck) and do they really make lego pokemon?

Any way, just a minor nitpick, shaymin begs for synthesis or even rest.

And have you considered replacing earthquake on regirock with thunder wave and stone edge with rock slide? Thunder wave can cripple sweepers, rock slide gives a more accurate move, and together they can make give regirock paraflinch, which allows him to usually take down one poke and cripple another-otherwise, good team :)
I got the toys from Google Images. Also HeySuP, I roared you plenty of times when Slowbro switched in under my sub.

Ok, Everyone favors Synthesis, so imma put it as an option. I always considered Rock Slide, but I like the extra power. But Mismagius tends to beat late game if I miss, sooo Rock Slide it is. T-Wave maybe as I can see it benefitting my team, but I like EQ+Rock Attack in combo with 252 Atk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)