SM OU Mega Charizard Y team [1500+] {Need your feedback}

Hi, this is my team for Single OU and I've reached 1500+ rank with it but I need some tips. This is also a dual-weather (Sun and Sund) so I've an incredible advantage against Rain team.
The big problems for me is Seed-Hawlucha, Kyurem-Black and stall team (just because I hate them and I get bored when I figth them). I really need your help to improve myself.

006.png
248.png
465.png
645-s.png
530.png
788.png
Most recent replay:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-823503690

6-my.png
charizarditey.png

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
252 EVs in SpAtk and Speed for max damage in low time, 4 EVs in Def for dealing a 49% of damage when entry on Stealth Rocks and Roost to Recover this or other damage (and for take advantage of Misty Terrain in certain situations). FlameT instead of FireBlast for the better accuracy (I've already have Focus Blast so I can not toss-a-coin when it's time to attack, I've lose in many situation for the "bad" accuracy of this stab), SolarB for OHKO on MSwampert and Greninja, also Z Water of Greninja dosen't kill my Charizard in one attack when the Drougth ability is on. At last FocusB does OHKO against opposite Tyranitar and 2HKO against opposite Heatran if they have HP investments; those 2 Pokèmon check my Charizard so this move is mandatory despite the really low accuracy.

248 (1).png
choiceband.png

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
Tyranitar is the best partner for MCharY 'cauese i can switch the 2 weathers conditions for each situation. The most check of MCharY are Lati@s, Chansey and Heatran and this is why there's Tyranitar in this team; Superpower does a OHKO against Chansey that counter Charizard and Heatran, with the dark stab moves i have a chance against Mega Alakazam (if their Focus Blast miss the target) and Tapu Lele with "choice" item, very often foe's Tapu Lele used their stab psych moves on my Charizard but i switch into Tyranitar, they switch too but with Pursuit I beat them in one hit. Stone Edge is good against Toxapex, Zapdos and other flying type and Crunch is the last stab that I don't use very often but there aren't other moves that I really need to put on TTar so I'm ok with this. Choice Band and Adamant nature for a lot of damage.

465 (1).png
assaultvest.png

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
In a MCharY team I'd like use the "starter core" (1 fire, 1 grass and 1 water type) and I needed a good grass type, my first chooce was Serperior but it was to fragile and have so many counters and check so at the end I choose for Tangrowth, this Pokèmon have the job to go over the counters of Zard and TTar like Greninja, Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu and stall in general 'cause with Knock Off i can drop theirs Leftovers/Black Sludge or discover if the enemy have some "choice" iteam o a Z stone, Giga Drain is the mandatory stab that goes in combo with its bulkiness, Sludge Bomb for do a OHKO on Tapu Bulu and fairy type in general and the HP fire to hit Scizor, Kartana and Ferrothorn when is not safe send out Charizard or when it was send K.O.

645-s (1).png
rockyhelmet.png

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
Landorus-T have a bulky set against phisycall attacker like MLopunny, MMawile, Zygarde etc. With that EVs in Speed i can outspeed non-invested opponent's Landorus-T and lower their Atk with the ability, Stealth Rock for do pressure to the foe and EQ 'cause is the only good stab that I can give to it, U-Turn gives me momentum and a move like this is always good in each kind of team. Despite the nature with HP Ice i can go for a 2/3HKO against Zygarde, Garchomp and Landorus-T, also I can remove the Substitute of enemy Zygarde with this move in one hit. Rocky Helmet instead of Leftovers for force my opponent to switch their phisycall attacker.

530 (1).png
steeliumz.png

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
Exacdrill is my best revenge killer when the sandstorm of Tyranitar is active, Sand Rush double its Speed in this situation and if my opponent have not good in that moment and is forced to switch I can use SD in safety. I use Excadrill in the late game just to close the fight ASAP. EQ and Iron Head are the best stab for this Pokèmon and with the Steelium Z I have a great match against fairy type of my opponent, with Rock Slide I can also kill the flying/fire Pokèmon of my opponent like Zapdos, others Charizard Y, Tornadus-Therian, Volcarona Etc. EQ is the good move against Toxapex that are a big problem for me and my team just because it's hard for me to beat. I'm still not really sure about tha nature: Adamant or Jolly?

788 (1).png
leftovers.png

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Defog
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
At least I really needed a Defog user for support my Charizard that suffer the Stealth Rock a lot, the defensive spread give to Fini the opportunity to resist and kill foe's Hawlucha with +2 in Atk, by the way I need that my Tapu Fini come against Hawlucha at full HP and if I'll not able to beat enemy's Hawlucha with my Tapu Fini is a game over for me for sure, I also needed Taunt and Nature's Madness against stall like Toxapex, Chansey, Skarmory etc.

Conclusion:
I've used this Pokèmon for much time and I don't wanna replace them if is not really necessary. My big problem are stall team especially with Toxapex, Seed-Hawlucha, Black-Kyurem that can counter each member of my team and priority moves in late game like Water Shuriken. I'm open to tips and thanks to those who will responde.

Last edited:
Hi, this is a pretty decent build. However, I feel it can be improved with a few changes.

---->
74637C0E-8A26-4052-8260-E296CCCB623E.gif

For one, I would do a stealth rock Gliscor over stealth rock Landorus. Gliscor, unlike Lando, has reliable recovery in roost and has a better speed stat. It also helps in checking Heatran better since Tapi Fini isn’t specially invested in terms of bulk. This spread will outspeed Heatran, maximize poison heal recovery, take play rough followed into sucker punch by Mawile, and the sp def EVs are for taking Tapu Koko’s HP ice as well as Heatran’s magma storm a little better.

I would also make your Excadrill jolly so you can outspeed scarf Greninja in sand as well as outspeed modest Hydreigon and Zygarde outside of sand. Also, make Excadrill rapid spin over rock slide as Charizard’s stealth rock weakness necessitates a lot of removal and is a big reason you use Charizard+Excadrill to begin with.

Make Tangrowth HP Ice over HP Fire as it will help Tangrowth beat Zygarde much easier and HP Fire isn’t the best on AV sets due to them being overpowered by the things HP Fire usually beats like kartana and scizor. If you really want HP Fire, do Grass Knot over Giga Drain to break Zygarde's substitutes without HP Ice.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Make Tyranitar the EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 44 SpD / 204 Spe. they do a few things. For one, they take a +1 bug buzz from Volcarona as well as outspeed uninvested base 70 speed mons. Max speed adamant doesn't really get any outspeeds not already reached anyway.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 16 SpD / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Defog

Make Tapu Fini the EVs listed above. They take on Charizard X, Zygarde, Medicham, and Hawlucha better. They also avoid the 2hko from Mega Alakazam’s psychic, and outspeed fat pokemon like Mega Venusaur and modest Magnezone. It also takes the minimum damage possible from residual effects.

After all these changes, Kyurem Black still poses a big threat to your team, although it isn’t impossible to play around. Victini can pose a big threat if it gets up a z celebrate off. I hope my changes/suggestions helped.

Import: https://pokepast.es/9f26d29e30689c28

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)