ORAS OU Mega-CharizardX and Friends

Is my Team Decent?

• Total voters
Mega-CharizardX and Friends

Introduction
Hello everyone this is my first ORAS OU Team. Atm its only on Showdown but planned to be played at 3DS too.

Teambuilding Process
When I started building this team my first choice was which Mega Im going to play.
My first thought was immediately Mega-CharizardX because i thought i looked amazing and Charizard finally got his longdeserved Dragon type.
Then i rememberd my favorite entryhazard/wall Pokemon of gen5: Ferrothorn.
It was an more or less obvious choice because i needed entryhazards and it resists dragon,rock,water and fairy type moves which are major weaks of Charizard X.
So we got the Wall and the physical All-Out attacker.
Next up was a special attacker with high sweeping potential. First Ive got Gengar in this slot but i didnt like it that much so i looked for something else and i got my eye on HP Ice Thunderus-I with the Nasty Plot set.
So my core was done.
I looked a my team and saw 2 major problems: entryhazards, 4x weakness of Charizard and 2x weakness of Thunderus-I. So it was clear that i need an spinner and the second big weakness: how to kill fairy type pokemons sure i got gyroball on Ferrothorn but this isnt enough for Clefable and such so i needed an solution for this.
My first thought for the entryhazard problem was some kind of Excadrill+Hippowdon pick but i didnt like the sandstorm because of my Thunderus and Charizard.
So I picked Starmie. Water type is alway good,it has 2 realy powerfull STABs with Scald and Psyschock and it could spin.
Now on to the fairy problem.
I decided to pick up Bisharp rather fast simply because it has good typing,amazing STABs and can use Sword Dance.
And now on to the last slot: Slowbro. to be honest im not quite sure why i choose this guy i just liked his set and his movepool but i think this slot has major improvement potential.

The Team

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake/Roost
- Outrage

Its the star of this team. His damage potential is insane he has great coverage,it can use Dragon Dance and can single handedly sweep whole teams with 2x DDs. I picked Outrage over Dragonclaw because i think you should play the move with the highest power on an all-out attacker like this one.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

I dont think i have to say much about it. Its Ferrothorn it can lay entryhazards,lay out leech seed, Is able to kille meele attacker through rocky helmet+iron barbs and is bulky af.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Like i already wrote Im not realy sure why i choose Slowbro. I just like it in general and it could be of good use for thunder wave.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ah Thundurus. My Special Attacker. its fast,hits hard, can boost himself and has HP Ice.Nothing more to say.

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

My answer for Clefable,Mega Guardevoir and Mega Diancie. Its hits hard, can knock off items, has an priority move and can bosst himself.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psyshock

Ah Starmie you awesome Star Fish (I should name u Patrick). It can spinn which is mandatory for this team otherwise pre mega Charizard has a big problem. Other than that it is fast and can hit quite hard.

Conclusion
So yeah thats it. My First ORAS OU Team I hope it dosent only work for me and u can give me some advice especially on the Slowbro slot.

Hi TrueExcaKill! Really nice team. Just a few small things:

Charizard: I would personally not run outrage + earthquake because +1 outrage will 2hko Heatran. It does give you another option to hit things with without committing to outrage, but roost is too nice against stall teams not to have. And I think if you're running outrage instead of dragon claw, one of the biggest draws is being able to 2hko quagsire and break down these fatter builds.

Ferrothorn: I would go with leftover over rocky helmet here. With leech seed + protect + lefties, Ferrothorn is really hard to break down without a fire move. Your team currently is really weak to Mega Gardevoir and Ferrothorn is not a guaranteed answer to it. With your spread, Ferro can actually go down to Hyper Voice + Focus Blast (they are rolls, but there's a chance) but it avoids this knock out with leftovers.

Slowbro: Not a bad choice. Thunderwave is super annoying, but a descent choice for supporting your team. What slowbro does do, unfortunately, is gives volt-turn cores a lot of momentum. You could consider a pokemon like seismitoad to help with this. This gives you a much-needed electric immunity including hard wall to Rotom-W. You could try a stealth rock set (and give replace stealth rocks on Ferrothorn with spikes) with SR, scald, earthpower, and a filler move. That last slot traditionally is toxic, but you could also try refresh or rest for longevity. In fact, if you wanted to try a rocky helmet set, then seismitoad can put in work by punishing u-turns with recoil damage even when asleep. Before you finalize this team slot, play around with a few more things.

Thundurus: I would either run nasty plot + leftovers OR run thunderwave over nasty plot. Having a little bit of recovery on a set up mon goes a long way. With life orb, Thundy generally goes down to LO recoil + a priority attack from a revenge killer. Try leftovers out. Alternatively, thunderwave on Thundy would do you a lot of good securing more kills Charizard, especially if you replace slowbro.

Bisharp: You have bisharp listed as you answer to Mega Gard and Diancie, but it certainly is not beating these pokemon with this spread

224 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 238-282 (87.8 - 104%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
232 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 303-357 (111.8 - 131.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I suggest running either running a focus sash or assault vest if you need bisharp to beat these fairies. Personally, I think you should go with an AV because you also don't have a great answer for HP fire Lati@s. I personally like to put a bit of SpDef investment in AV bisharp to make sure I live multiple draco meteors or draco + -2 HP fire Lati@s and just enough speed to speed creep Rotom-W. Try this set:

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 SpD / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Starmie: Good pick for a spinner and I like the spread. The only problem I really see is that it gives you another water/psychic type and starmie shares a lot of weaknesses with the rest of your team. Consider funning reflect type over psyshock though. It will still give you a way to deal with the grass types that want to switch into it (by avoiding spore, fishing for burns, and spamming recover). But this will also give you a way to prevent being pursuit bait. Your team is currently a bit weak to Tyranitar in general and this will help with that a bit. If you don't like this and want to keep the psychic STAB, I don't think that's bad either though.

I thought about changeing starmie to this:
Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

This way i get an special wall and have a other type spinner.
Whats your opinion?

I thought about changeing starmie to this:
Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

This way i get an special wall and have a other type spinner.
Whats your opinion?
You could try that. Heatran becomes much more annoying though, so you will want to probably go back to earthquake on Charizard if you make this change. Personally, I think AV bisharp + reflect type starmie will fill the roles a little bit better. But these are pokemon I'm more used to using I guess. And I think I prefer starmie as your spinner because it doubles as your team's status absorber. You have a fairly bulky team so this is a pretty valuable role.

I've been playing around with the team and am really liking it with the changes I suggested. Here's an importable to exactly how I've been running it.
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Outrage

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Seismitoad @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Rest

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Reflect Type

Im playing it with some of our changes but i kept the Slowbro over the Seismitoad because he can heal and is a threat for fight types.
Here is my Import:
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Outrage

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Reflect Type

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

After some more games i rly dont think that this team is acutally viable it gets rekt by, Fight type attacks,stealth rocks,electro attacks cause ther is no immunity and 3 weaks for this, rock because the mainsweepers get rekt by it,things like Serperior deal massvie damage cause they OHKO starmie and slowbro etc. etc.
I think the only postive aspects are the high sweeping power if i can setup otherwise im f*****.
Any opnions?

I think it's a very solid team. Again, I have been using seismitoad to better deal with electric types. Yes, grass types are a threat, but I put t-wave onto thundy so that if serp gets set up you can at least t-wave and revenge with charizard. If you want thundy to better deal with grass types by itself, you can consider HP flying instead of HP ice.

i think the fighting type weakness alone especially from big threats like Mega-Lopunny is to big of a deal. I mean every 2 game i see a Mega Lopunny wich usualy crushs me

i think the fighting type weakness alone especially from big threats like Mega-Lopunny is to big of a deal. I mean every 2 game i see a Mega Lopunny wich usualy crushs me
That's fair. Mega Medi can be a problem too. I have been playing around them fine in my testing, but there isn't real switch ins to either without slowbro. I've had to stay on the offensive against them. Hmm... I'll think about this.

And wth am i doing agaist Ferrothorn? I dont think want to kill it with Flare Blaze because the dmg on me would be insane and i dont have anything other than that against it

And wth am i doing agaist Ferrothorn? I dont think want to kill it with Flare Blaze because the dmg on me would be insane and i dont have anything other than that against it
If you're running outrage with zard x, then you just have to treat it like a nuke. It's going to set up a DD then kill one or two things. I don't think you get to be choosy with recoil damage. I think you just gotta take possibly a double down and be happy you poked a hole in the team. But if you're not ready to set up, reflect type starmie can beat ferrothorn; it just can be a little risky switching in. But you can reflect type and scald burn with and get your rapid spin off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)