SM OU Mega Loppuny Team

This is my first team ever.

So I really enjoy this Mega Loppuny, a fantastic pkm, so I tried to build a team around him, this is what a put

423.png

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Return
- Ice Punch

I think this is the great combination for Loppuny, he is already fast and a OP, with his attacks, the combination Fake Out and High Jump Kick, it great, but idk, if a change High Jump Kick for Drain Punch, cuz the kick has 90% of Accuracy, this is my doubt with this pkm, and Ice Punch to cover Thundurus and Landorus

B2W2Art_645.png

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

The intimidate is an annoying ability for physical pkm, such as Mega Lopunny, so I'm kind protect in this case, although he can use Ice Punch, which can be a problem. Earthquake is an attack to almost every eletric pkm, and can take some HP for Toxapex, Defog to eliminate Stealth Rock on my way;

797.png

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 92 Def / 104 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Acrobatics

After Landorus I would use Celesteela with seems to be my pkm for any problem, because he is an annoying pkm to kill, with protect and Leech Seed i'm confident the other person will be frustrated, I use Acrobatics mainly because i'm more physical in this scenario

748.png

Toxapex (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 220 HP / 36 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature

- Haze
- Scald
- Baneful Bunker
- Toxic Spikes

This is my protection pkm, for Psysical pkm, Baneful Bunker and Toxic Spikes this is such annoying and Haze to eliminate, z-Conversation and another things, so I thing this is a great decision

786.png

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature

- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Here I had some doubts, cuz, idk if a choose the right item, Psychium Z, it's great, but I think i would prefer using Choice Specs insted, cuz I really need an eletric attack on this team, and this is the best place where i can put this move, but with Psychium z, isn't very effective, so I think I should change to Choice Specs

2637-Shiny-Volcarona.png

Volcarona (F) @ Buginium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain

To Cover Tyranitar and Grass pkm, so Volcarona is your pkm, with Bug Buzz, and Fiery Dance all grass pkm, and Dark are cover, and Giga Drain with QUiver to eliminate Water pkm, so i think this is cover.

So what should I do to improve my team?

Ps: Sorry for Bad english, I am from Brazil

Hey, cool team and the starting core is great. However, I see no speed control. You don't have a scarfer so it's quite hard to revenge kill setup Pokemon for example. I also find two Pokemon really threatening. First, Heatran is hard to deal with since your actual fire resist, Toxapex, is trapped by the combinaison of Magma Storm and EPower (that move does around 40% too) and none of your other Pokemon like taking a Magma Storm. Then, I think Tapu Koko is a threat because nothing really resists the Electric / Ice coverage given by Tbolt and HP Ice. So it means that Tapu Koko is able to put in a lot of momentum easily against your team. Lastly, some sets need to be changed because another set fits better or you just use ungood moves. So I'm gonna suggest you some changes, let's start.

I'll suggest running a Choice Scarf set. This provides you the speed control you needed as well as helping vs Tapu Koko. I'd run a spread with some defensive investments so you're able to take hits from the likes of Mega Charizard X and opposites Lando-T more easily. You also lose your Stealth Rock but I'll suggest something about it later.

I'd change two things about this Celesteela. First, I do think running Flamethrower over Acrobatics is better since you actually can't hit Pokemon you're supposed to check such as Ferrothorn and M-Scizor while Acrobatics doesn't do anything in particular that would be helpful for your team. Secondly, I'd change the actual spread because I'm not sure what 60 Evs in Attack do and I'd go for the standard smogon spread which is 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD. You avoid the 2HKO from Specs Tapu Lele's HP Fire which is great since it's actually your answer to Psychic Spam. With this, you should also run a Relaxed nature.

If you decide to run a Z Move set, I'd run HP Fire > Tbolt and Calm Mind > Shadow Ball. The first change gives you something to hit hard Ferrothorn and M-Scizor, which tend to switch-in on Tapu Lele. The second change gives you the ability to wallbreak with ease and it also improves your stall matchup. By the way, note that a Choice Specs set can also be used.

>
First Pokemon change of the rate. I suggest this because I brought up both Tapu Koko and Heatran as big threats and that Gastrodon counters them really well. Gastrodon doesn't mind switching on Koko even when it's at low HP but Heatran can carry Toxic sometimes which can be quite annoying so be careful. Standard SpD Spread to minimize the damages taken from them.

>
With the change of the Lando-T set, you lose your SR setter. So I have to find another SR setter. I also think Volc wasn't necessary on this team since M-Lop + Lele core's ability to pressure other teams is enough. That's why I replaced it for Clefable. It gives you the SR. It also provides you a way to deal more effectively with things like Zygarde and M-Medicham. I'd run Knock Off as the last slot since it's a move that every team should have and in this case, it helps vs Celesteela mainly.

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Return
- Ice Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Hope you liked the rate and good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)