Mega Lopunny (QC 0/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[OVERVIEW]

*Equipped with a blistering speed tier, great attack, and a solid movepool, Mega Lopunny proves itself to be a powerful force in the current metagame.

* Mega Lopunny is equipped with a great stab combo of normal/fighting, and it also possesses scrappy, which lets it hit ghosts and furthers its amazing stab combo.

* Its speed tier is also one of the best in the tier, only being outsped by the likes pheromosa,deoxys-speed and choice scarf users.

* On the other hand, it struggles against bulky attackers that are on the rise in the metagame, such as bulky Charizard x, Magearna, Mega Metagross, and Primaria.

* It also gets walled by more defensive Pokemon, such as Mega Slowbro, and mega altaria.

*Finally, it struggles against scarf users and faster threats due to its lack of bulk, making it weak to scarf Porygon-z, Blaziken-mega,Deoxys-speed and Pheromosa.

All-Out Attacker
name: Lopunny
move 1: Fake Out
move 2: Giga Impact
move 3: High Jump Kick
move 4: Ice Punch
item: Lopunnite
ability: Limber
nature: Jolly/Adamant
evs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

*Fake out provides Lopunny a way to break sturdy and multiscale users such as magnezone and dragonite, and also provides Lopunny with chip damage, which lets it defeat threats it might’ve been unable to.

*Giga impact is it’s stab move of choice, dealing heavy damage to all who do not resist it.

*High jump kick provides secondary stab, nailing pokemon that resist Giga impact.

* Ice punch helps round out the coverage and lets it beat Dragonite (barring protect sets).

Set Details
========
*Maximum attack and speed maximize Lopunny's offensive capabilities, letting it deal with more threats.

*Jolly lets Lopunny make use of its great speed tier, letting it outspeed threats such as Greninja.

*Adamant can also be used, which improves provide Lopunny with extra power.

Usage Tips
========
*Use Lopunny when you predict that the opponent will use a pokemon that you can outspeed and OHKO.

*When used, fake out and proceed with the appropriate attack,

*Avoid using Lopunny against predicted scarf users/faster pokemon, and threats bulky enough to tank a hit.

Team Options
========

*Bulkier offensive pokemon appreciate the speed mega Lopunny gives. In return, they can beat pokemon that Mega Lopunny struggles with such as Mega Venusaur

*Pokemon that use heavy one-time damage such as greninja appreciate mega-Lopunny ability to break sturdy and multiscale.

All-Out Attacker
move 2: Flail
move 4: Substitute
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
*Substitute, when used 4 times, puts Lopunny at 1% HP, which gives flail its maximum damage.

*It also protects Lopunny from status moves, letting it avoid will o wisp and leech seed.

*Fake out gives you good chip damage and breaks sturdy and multiscale.

*High jump kick provides secondary stab which lets it hit normal resists,such as steel and rock types, along with get super effective hits on types such as dark and ice

Set Details
========

*Max Attack let's Lopunny OHKO as many threats as possible.

* Maximum speed and jolly lets Lopunny outspeed almost every threat in the metagame, outside of choice scarf users and even faster threats such as pheromosa and Deoxys-speed. It is crucial that a speed boosting nature is used,as Lopunny needs the speed in order to use this set to its fullest potential

Usage Tips
========

*Lopunny should be used when you predict an opponent to use a frail pokemon which Lopunny outspeeds, which Lopunny easily beats.

*This Lopunny can also be used to lure bulky threats that win against the Giga impact set, such as Gengar and bulky Charizard x lacking flame charge.

*Fake out should always be used first to break sturdy/multiscale and get useful chip damage.

*However, avoid using fake out against pokemon with rough skin/iron barbs/rocky helmet, as the chip damage will reduce flail overall power.

*Substitute should be used repeatedly after that until it cannot be used anymore to maximize flail damage.

*Avoid sending Lopunny out against Pokemon that are faster than it, or commonly have priority moves.

Team Options
========

*Celesteela is a noteworthy partner, which helps you defeat fairies, psychics and birds.

*Glass cannon’s like Greninja and Victini appreciate Lopunny ability to beat sturdy and multiscale pokemon, which they lose too.

*More defensive pokemon, like mega Aggron and mega Slowbro can take care of priority moves, which this set struggles against.

*Finally, Wallbreakers like mew can beat bulky threats which Lopunny struggles against.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

*Encore can lock a pokemon into setup, letting Lopunny easily beat them.

* Thunder punch can be used to beat Gyarados. Against Adamant Mega Gyarados, fake out turn one, then thunderpunch turn two. If they mega turn two, you hjk next turn, if they don’t they’re in range of tpunch next turn no matter what. Either way, they can neither OHKO at neutral or outspeed at +1. Be careful of the rarer jolly variant of Mega Gyarados, who will be able to outspeed and knock out Mega Lopunny at +1

*Substitute can be used as a way to beat status on the all-out attacking set.

*However, the opportunity cost of running these those movies is normally too high to justify using.

Checks and Counters
===================

*Bulky Attackers: Pokemon that can take a hit and ko it back, such as Magearna, Mega Metagross, Mega Heracross, and Kommo-o are good counters to Mega Lopunny.

*Faster Threats: Pokemon that outspeed and ko mega Lopunny, although rare, prove to be a pretty hard counter. This includes Deoxys-speed, Scarf Darmanitan, pheromosa, scarf Haxorus, and scarf Porygon-z

*Physical tanks: Pokemon that are capable of taking hits from Lopunny tend to be decent checks. This includes, but not limited too, Mega Aggron, Mega Slowbro, and Zygarde.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Discoplaygames ]]
- Quality checked by: [[, ], [, ], [, ]]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ], [, ]]

Last edited:

Rei

formerly Scholar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
AM QC Check plz only add what you agree with
Purple=Comments
Red=to add in
Strike=to take out
[OVERVIEW]

*Equipped Mega Lopunny has with a blistering speed tier, great Aattack stat, and a solid movepool, which allows it Mega Lopunny proves itself to be a powerful force in the current 1v1 metagame.

* Mega Lopunny is equipped with a great Normal- and Fighting-typing and has the ability stab combo of normal/fighting, and it also possesses Sscrappy, which lets it hit ghosts Ghost-types give some examples here like Mega Gengar comes to mind. and furthers its amazing stab combo.

* Its speed tier is also one of the best in the tier, only being outsped by the likes pheromosa,deoxys-speed and choice scarf users. Ok, I am really tired of seeing decapitalize Pokemon and items at this point(I went from the bottom up) , so please for God’s sake capitalize Pokemon names and items like Choice Scarf. Mention some Choice Scarfers that Mega Lopunny would fear.

Mention how Fake Out allows Mega Lopunny to take care of Sturdy Pokemon like Magenzone without fearing a Speed drop from Electro Web.

* On the other hand However, it struggles against bulky attackers that are on the rise in the metagame, such as bulky Mega Charizard Xx, Magearna, Mega Metagross, and Primaria.

* It also gets walled by physical walls more defensive Pokemon, such as Mega Slowbro, and mega altaria Venusaur. Mega Venusaur is more common rn

Mention intimidate Users like Landorus-T and how it causes trouble for Mega Lopunny.

Mention Will-o-Wisp Pokemon like Mew as this cripples Mega Lopunny and therefore loses the matchup against these and should be wary about sending it out.

*Finally, it struggles against Choice Sscarf users and faster threats due to its lack of bulk, making it weak to scarf Porygon-z, Mega Blaziken Blaziken-mega,Deoxys-speed and Pheromosa.

Look at the format here, I beleive its just [SET], but double check
All-Out Attacker
name: Lopunny All-Out Attacker goes here, as it is the name of the set
move 2: Giga Impact
move 4: Ice Punch
nature: Jolly/Adamant Space before and after slash, same with below
evs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def This is not in the right order Def before Spe and I feel like some is missing in formatting that goes above All-Out Attacker, Is it that hard to use notepad to copy and paste what you had written here before I gave you the right format on cord into the correct format.

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

*Fake out provides Mega Lopunny a way to break sturdy and multiscale users such as magnezone and dragonite, and also provides Lopunny with chip damage, which lets it defeat threats it might’ve been unable to. Please capitalize ability of Pokemon as well. Give example of how Fake Out chip can help threats.

*Giga impact is it’s stab move of choice, dealing heavy damage to all who do not resist it. Wheres some examples?

*High jump kick provides secondary stab, nailing taking care of pokemon that resist Giga impact. Where is some examples of this, what does this hit that Giga Impact can’t?

* Ice punch helps round out the coverage and lets it beat Dragonite (barring protect sets). Reword to unless Dragonite is running Protect, which is extremely rare. As Protect Dragonite is not very common

Set Details
========
*Maximum attack and speed maximize Lopunny's offensive capabilities, letting it deal with more threats. What threats

*Jolly nature lets Mega Lopunny make use of its great speed tier, letting it outspeed threats such as Greninja. More examples.

*Adamant can also be used, which improves provide Lopunny with extra power. No this makes it miss out on outspeeding Greninja. Adamant nature should never be on the main set, move to oo if QC agrees.

Usage Tips
========
*Use Lopunny when you predict that the opponent will use a pokemon that you can outspeed and OHKO. This does not help much to someone reading this give some examples of Pokemon.

*When used, fake out and proceed with the appropriate attack,

*Avoid using Lopunny against predicted scarf users/faster pokemon, and threats bulky enough to tank a hit. WHERE IS SOME EXAMPLES OF POKEMON LIKE I SHOULDN’T HAVE TO WRITE EXAMPLES AFTER EVERY POINT.

Team Options
========

*Bulkier offensive pokemon appreciate the speed mega Lopunny has gives. In return, they can beat pokemon that Mega Lopunny struggles with such as Mega Venusaur Ok….but what Pokemon do I use, this doesn’t really tell the reader a Pokemon to pair with it, just a type of them. Gimme a couple examples here.

*Pokemon that use heavy one-time damage such as greninja appreciate mega-Lopunny ability to break sturdy and multiscale. Ok do you mean Hydro Cannon, or…what I do not get this point at all.

Ok this is really bad, for now mention Special Attackers like Mega Charizard Y, Mew, and Tapu Fini. Also, mention Z-move users and bulky Pokemon that could help with Mega Lopunny’s bad matchups as this is very empty.

All-Out Attacker
move 2: Flail
move 4: Substitute
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Def Fix this. Same comment on the set as above.

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
*Substitute, when used 4 times, puts Lopunny at 1% HP, which gives flail its maximum damage. What Pokemon does it hit, and should Mega Lopunny be a bit wary of Taunt?

*It also protects Lopunny from status moves, letting it avoid will o wisp and leech seed. Combine with above

*Fake out gives you good chip damage and breaks sturdy and multiscale. Sturdy and Multiscale Pokemon such as?

*High jump kick provides secondary stab which lets it hit normal resists,such as steel and rock types, along with get super effective hits on types such as dark and ice Add – after steel and capitalize the S. Where is some examples of Pokemon that this hits? Giving types is ok but it should be like Steel- Rock- Dark- and Ice-types such as…

Set Details
========

*Max Attack let's Lopunny OHKO as many threats as possible. What Pokemon

* Maximum speed and jolly Nature lets Lopunny outspeed almost every threat in the metagame, outside of choice scarf users and even faster threats such as pheromosa and Deoxys-speed. It is crucial that a speed boosting nature is used,as Lopunny needs the speed in order to use this set to its fullest potential

Usage Tips
========

*Lopunny should be used when you predict an opponent to use a frail pokemon which Lopunny outspeeds, which Lopunny easily beats.as Mega Lopunny can take care of it with either Frail or High Jump Kick. Gimme some Pokemon as examples..

*This can also be used to lure bulky threats that win against the Giga impact set, such as Gengar and bulky Charizard x lacking flame charge. Do not mention other sets in an analysis.

*Fake out should always be used first to break sturdy/multiscale and get useful chip damage. Like what…

*However, avoid using fake out against pokemon with rough skin/iron barbs/rocky helmet, as the chip damage will reduce flail overall power. Caps Fake Out and Flail, and Rocky Helmet is something I never seen in my life in 1v1 so remove it. I dunno if it affects a roll, but if it does give an example of a Pokemon it would miss out on KOing if it Fake Outs against something with Rough Skin.

*Substitute should be used repeatedly after that until it cannot be used anymore to maximize flail damage.

*Avoid sending Lopunny out against Pokemon that are faster than it, or commonly have priority moves. Like what Pokemon, and what specific Pokemon need to run priority to beat Flail Mega Lopunny?

Mention about not sending it out against intimidate Pokemon because it cuts Mega Lopunny’s attack and making Frail hit less hard.

Team Options
========

*Celesteela is a noteworthy partner, which helps you defeat fairies, psychics and birds. What the fuck is a Bird-type….like what….but yeah examples of mons after Fairy- and Psychic-types would be nice.

*Glass cannon’s Offensive Pokemon like Greninja and Victini appreciate Mega Lopunny ability to beat sturdy and multiscale pokemon, which they lose too. Gimme examples of Sturdy and Multiscale Pokemon

*More defensive pokemon, like mega Aggron and mega Slowbro can take care of priority moves, which this set struggles against. NO these Pokemon take on Dragon-types like Choice Scarf Haxorus that can beat Mega Lopunny.

*Finally, Wallbreakers like mew can beat bulky threats which Lopunny struggles against. What bulky threats? Like Mega Slowbro and….? Gimme another wallbreaker as well

This one is a bit better, but add a Special Attackers, Fire-types, Steel-types, Z-move users, and some Sturdy Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

*Encore can lock a pokemon into setup, letting Lopunny easily beat them. Give an example of a Pokemon that Encore allows it to beat. Say something after this like however, it isn’t worth running because it means dropping a move that Mega Lopunny needs like Fake Out.

* Thunder Ppunch can be used to beat Gyarados. Against Adamant er you really cannot scout for nature unless its like a ssnls game or smth in 1v1 so maybe take this out? I wait for official QC on this one. Mega Gyarados, in order to do this fake out Fake Out on turn one, then thunderpunch turn two as if it does not Mega it will OHKO Gyarados. If they Mmega turn two, you hjk click High Jump Kick next turn, if they don’t they’re as they are no longer in range of tpunch next turn no matter what. Thunder Punch.Either way, they can neither OHKO at neutral or outspeed at +1. Be careful of the rarer jolly variant of Mega Gyarados, who will be able to outspeed and knock out Mega Lopunny at +1. Include the downside of running Thunder Punch over Ice Punch or Fake Out.

*Substitute can be used as a way to beat status on the all-out attacking set.

*However, the opportunity cost of running these those movies is normally too high to justify using.
Sub should never be used on the first set since it is not running Frail.

Mention Adamant Mega Lopunny here and a downside to running it do to not outpacing certain Pokemon.

Checks and Counters
===================
Please fix this, this isn't correct format example of correct format is **Bulky Attackers**:
*Bulky Attackers: Pokemon that can take a hit and ko it back, such as Magearna, Mega Metagross, Mega Heracross, and Kommo-o are good counters to Mega Lopunny. Reword this a bit to Pokemon that can tank a hit from Mega Lopunny and KO it back with its STAB or Z-move from Mager, Meta, x, and y can take care of Mega Lopunny.

*Faster Threats: Faster Pokemon that can outspeed and OHKOko mMega Lopunny, although rare, prove to be a pretty hard counter. This includes like Deoxys-Sspeed, Scarf Darmanitan, pheromosa, Choice Sscarf Haxorus, and Choice Sscarf Porygon-z Z can take care of Mega Lopunny due to its medicore bulk.

*Physical tanks: Pokemon that are capable of taking hits from Mega Lopunny tend to be decent checks. This includes, but not limited too, like Mega Aggron, Mega Slowbro, and Zygarde as they can easily wall Mega Lopunny and take care of it by using Counter, stalling it out or using their Z-move.

Mention Intimidate Users, as it reduces the damage that frail does and lessens Mega Lopunny power output.

Mention Steel-types like Ferrothorn, Mega Metagross, and Celesteela as they can take care of Mega Lopunny

Mention Fairy-types like Tapu Fini as they can take care of Mega Lopunny as well

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Discoplaygames ]] This is missing the numbers that you get when you get on the url of your profile page like https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/magma.393488/
- Quality checked by: [[, ], [, ], [, ]]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ], [, ]]

Overall, this analysis needs a lot of work, as it is lacking examples, information, and I am sure I missed some of them. It looks like this was not read over well, and was rushed at the WIP stage. The analysis has a lot of GP issues with Pokemon names, items, and moves not being capitalize or abbreviated which is not allowed in analysis and should most of these fixed before putting it in QC. I can understand if you made a few small mistakes here and there because this is your first analysis, but clearly you never looked at over the thread https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/spelling-and-grammar-standards.3588427/ for how stuff like Pokemon, items, types etc. is supposed to be and before I pointed it out on discord, this was not even in the correct format and still not 100% even after I gave you the link to the correct format on Discord. Please look at the completed analysis that is on-site or my Haxorus analysis that is done and just waiting for upload for what QC is looking for. Do not take this as me bashing you, or turn you away from writing analyses as I struggled too when I first started, but I am still here writing analyses even though writing and grammar are not my strongest points.

Edit: Thanks TDA for pointing out some things that I did not do correctly and telling me about Protect Dragonite being used, but not very often.

Last edited:

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Heyo. discoplaygames How's the progress with this going? I think it would be easier for everyone if u could implement the changes u agree with from Magma, so the official qcers can more easily qc your analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)