Battle Spot Mega Manetric (Singles) QC (2/2) GP (2/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[OVERVIEW]

Mega Manectric is a potent offensive pivot and revenge killer, capable of scouting opposing teams and generating momentum. Its blistering Speed tier lets it outpace a huge portion of the metagame, most notably including Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar. A sole weakness to Ground alongside Intimidate helps compensate for its mediocre bulk, and Intimidate in tandem with Volt Switch gives it the ability to easily scout and gain momentum. Mega Manectric also has a useful pre-Mega ability in Lightning Rod, which helps it switch into Electric-type moves such as Tapu Koko's Thunderbolt. However, Mega Manectric is held back by stiff competition from other Electric-types such as Tapu Koko, which has a Speed tier similar to Mega Manectric's but does not take a team’s Mega slot and deals greater damage with its Electric Terrain-boosted attacks. Even with outstanding coverage and a good Special Attack stat, Mega Manectric has slightly disappointing damage output for a Mega Evolution. Despite Intimidate and its decent typing, Mega Manectric struggles to take strong neutral hits, especially from special attackers such as Greninja and Tapu Lele, which limits its ability to pivot.

[SET]

name: Offensive Pivot
move 1: Thunderbolt
move 2: Overheat / Flamethrower
move 3: Hidden Power Ice
move 4: Volt Switch
item: Manectite
ability: Lightning Rod
nature: Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

Thunderbolt is a mandatory STAB move that lets Mega Manectric hit prevalent Water-types such as Tapu Fini and Toxapex hard, while Volt Switch is important so that Mega Manectric can generate momentum for its team. Overheat or Flamethrower alongside Hidden Power Ice is vital because Fire- and Ice-type coverage on one set allows Manectric to hit Ground-types such as Landorus-T and Steel-types like Ferrothorn and Aegislash, which would otherwise wall Mega Manectric. This coverage also gives Mega Manectric a niche over Tapu Koko. Flamethrower is an option over Overheat that does not miss and conserves Manectric's Special Attack, though the power drop is very noticeable. Flamethrower misses out on the 50% chance Overheat has to OHKO Mega Metagross, and it cannot OHKO specially defensive Ferrothorn or Mega Mawile.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed investment allows Mega Manectric to outspeed most of the unboosted Battle Spot metagame, giving as much momentum to its teammates as possible. A Timid nature is vital to let Manectric outspeed the likes of Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar. The Special Attack investment lets Mega Manectric hit as hard as possible, while the 4 Special Defense EVs ensure Porygon2 receives an Attack boost from Download. Lightning Rod is the preferred pre-Mega ability so that Manectric can easily switch into Electric-type moves.

Usage Tips
========

Mega Manectric likes to lead battles and immediately use Volt Switch so that you can gain the upper hand or preserve Mega Manectric's health for a Pokemon that threatens its teammates. Throughout the match, Mega Manectric is best used to weaken physical attackers and provide chip damage for its teammates. While it may be tempting to Mega Evolve immediately, keeping regular Manectric's Lightning Rod is occasionally more beneficial to discourage opposing Electric-types such as Thundurus-T and Tapu Koko from spamming STAB moves; however, not Mega Evolving can be a risky play because normal Manectric is slower and very frail.

Team Options
========

Mega Manectric likes having Landorus-T as a partner because it provides a double Intimidate core and is immune to Ground. Landorus-T also can provide chip damage to opponents with Stealth Rock, Rocky Helmet, and U-turn, which lets it form a VoltTurn core with Mega Manectric. Similarly, Gyarados and Celesteela are good teammates because they are immune to Ground and Lightning Rod Manectric can switch into Electric-type attacks aimed at them and get a free Special Attack boost.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
=============

Mega Manectric's barren movepool leaves very few choices outside of the moves listed in the set above. Toxic could be used to cripple a Porygon2 switching in on Mega Manectric, but this forces Mega Manectric to give up on an important coverage move, making it a poor choice in most scenarios. It is also possible to run Thunder over Thunderbolt to have a 50% chance to OHKO Mega Gyarados, but its shaky accuracy makes it unreliable. This could be alleviated by pairing Mega Manectric with a rain setter such as Pelipper or Politoed, but the rain lowers the power of Manectric's Fire-type coverage.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Faster Pokemon**: Anything faster than Mega Manectric becomes problematic for it; the naturally faster Pheromosa and Choice Scarf users like Tapu Lele, Landorus-T, and Excadrill can easily weaken Mega Manectric if not outright OHKO it.

**Specially Bulky Pokemon**: Pokemon like Porygon2, Heatran, and Chansey take pitiful damage from any attack that Mega Manectric can throw at them and slowly chip away at Manectric’s health.

**Ground-types**: Pokemon such as Mamoswine, Landorus-T, and Excadrill are immune to Mega Manectric’s Electric-type moves and threaten back with their STAB moves, though Landorus-T and Excadrill need to be cautious of Hidden Power Ice and Overheat.

Last edited:

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, time to check this!

[OVERVIEW]

*Mega Manectric is an electric type with a blistering speed stat, which gives it one of the fastest volt switches in the game, allowing Mega Manectric to generate momentum. I'd mention that it outspeeds Mega Gengar and Tapu Koko, which is a huge selling point!

I'd talk about another major selling point here: Intimidate and access to Volt Switch, when combined with its high Speed, makes it a fairly effective scout.

*With a pure electric typing Manectric is granted only one weakness in ground, which alongside Mega Manetric's Intimidate helps compensate for its mediocre bulk.

*Mega Manectric has a useful pre-mega ability in Lightningrod which helps it switch into electric moves, such as Tapu Koko's Thunderbolt.

*Access to the coveted bolt-beam combo along with fire coverage on one set, paired with a good special attack stat gives Mega Manectric This sentence seems unfinished?

*Mega Manectric can not shine in BSS due to stiff competition from other electric types such as Tapu Koko, which shares a similar speed tier as Mega Manectric, but does not take a mega slot, and has higher damage output with its electric moves.

I'd probably be a bit less harsh than "it can't shine". Its at #66 in usage, which while not impressive, is usually high enough that it means a Pokemon has a niche.

For flaws, I'd also mention that Mega Manectric's damage output in general is rather disappointing for a Mega Evolution.

*Despite Intimidate and its decent typing Mega Manectric struggles taking strong neutral hits especially from special attackers such as Greninja and Tapu Lele, which limits its ability to pivot.

[SET]
move 3: Hidden Power Ice (you don't need the parenthesis)

[SET COMMENTS]

*Max speed with a timid natures allows Mega Manectric to outspeed most of the unboosted Battle Spot metagame, giving as much momentum to its teammates as possible.

*Thunderbolt is for a reliable STAB that does not switch Mega Manectric out when used.

*Overheat or Flamethrower alongside Hidden Power Ice is vital to this set because fire and ice coverage on one set allows Manectric to hit ground types such as Landorus-Therian who are immune to Manectric's STABS, along with a fire move to hit steel types such as Ferrothorn and Aegislash, which would otherwise wall Mega Manectric.

*Flamethrower is a option over Overheat that does not normally miss and conserves Manectric's Special Attack, however, the power drop is very noticeable. I'd mention any major KOs Flamethrower loses if possible. A major one I can think of off the top of my head is how you lose the chance to OHKO Mega Metagross, since Overheat has a 50% shot of doing that to a full health one.

*Volt Switch is obligatory to allow Mega Manectric to pivot in and out of battle.

*The special attack and speed investment let Mega Manectric hit hard and fast as possible, while the 4 special defense evs ensure those pesky download users get an attack boost.

* Timid nature is vital to let Manectric outspeed the likes of Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar.

I'd mention Landorus-T as a teammate to especially consider. It's a good double intimidate core since it's immune to Earthquake, and both can pivot out. It also goes well with Gyarados and Celesteela for similar reasons (minus the pivoting).

I'd also give mention that while it's tempting to mega evolve RIGHT away (and in most cases that's not a bad idea at all), keeping Manectric in its base from can help out against opposing Electric-types such as Tapu Koko and Thundurus-T, to give them less chances to throw out their STAB attacks for free.

[OVERVIEW]

*Mega Manectric is an electric type with a blistering speed stat outspeeding a huge portion of the metagame including Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar

*Intimidate in tandem with an extremely fast volt switch gives Mega Manectric the ability to scout and gain momentum against opposing teams.

*With a pure electric typing Manectric is granted only one weakness in ground, which alongside Mega Manetric's Intimidate helps compensate for its mediocre bulk.

*Mega Manectric has a useful pre-mega ability in Lightningrod which helps it switch into electric moves, such as Tapu Koko's Thunderbolt. I'd also mention p2's discharge / tbolt, and perhaps Thundurus-Therian's tbolt (the +1 allows you to 2hko AV sets with hp ice).

*Mega Manectric is held back in BSS due to stiff competition from other electric types such as Tapu Koko, which shares a similar speed tier as Mega Manectric, but does not take a mega slot, and has higher damage output with its electric moves.

*Even with boltbeam + fire coverage along with a good special attack stat Mega Manectric has a slightly disappointing damage output for a mega slot. I wouldn't call it disappointing, like a lot of other megas it struggles to break past really fat stuff like Cresselia and p2 is all. It can actually 2hko a good portion of the meta and does really good work vs offensive teams that struggle to switch in against boltbeam coverage. Not so much a point to change but something to think about if you feel like editing.

*Despite Intimidate and its decent typing Mega Manectric struggles taking strong neutral hits especially from special attackers such as Greninja and Tapu Lele, which limits its ability to pivot.

[SET]
ability: Lightning Rod -> Intimidate

[SET COMMENTS]

*Max speed with a timid natures allows Mega Manectric to outspeed most of the unboosted Battle Spot metagame, giving as much momentum to its teammates as possible.

*Thunderbolt is for a reliable STAB that does not switch Mega Manectric out when used.

*Overheat or Flamethrower alongside Hidden Power Ice is vital to this set because fire and ice coverage on one set allows Manectric to hit ground types such as Landorus-Therian who are immune to Manectric's STABS, along with a fire move to hit steel types such as Ferrothorn and Aegislash, which would otherwise wall Mega Manectric.

*Flamethrower is a option over Overheat that does not normally miss and conserves Manectric's Special Attack, however, the power drop is very noticeable. For example, flamethrower misses out on the 50% chance overheat has to OHKO Mega Metagross, and can not OHKO specially defensive Ferrothorn or Mega Mawile.

*Volt Switch is obligatory to allow Mega Manectric to pivot in and out of battle. I'd make a mention of checks / counters that it can use volt switch to pivot out of.

*The special attack and speed investment let Mega Manectric hit hard and fast as possible, while the 4 special defense evs ensure those pesky download users get an attack boost. Download users implies there's more than one, you can mention p2 alone here.

* Timid nature is vital to let Manectric outspeed the likes of Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar.
Good stuff man, this isn't an official check so change what you wish

Just when I though I was done for the night I see dk's post
(Implemented Theorymon's changes)

ok I Implimented most of your changes dogknees, however I am going to refrain from changing this:

*Even with boltbeam + fire coverage along with a good special attack stat Mega Manectric has a slightly disappointing damage output for a mega slot. I wouldn't call it disappointing, like a lot of other megas it struggles to break past really fat stuff like Cresselia and p2 is all. It can actually 2hko a good portion of the meta and does really good work vs offensive teams that struggle to switch in against boltbeam coverage. Not so much a point to change but something to think about if you feel like editing.
While I do see your point, my experience with Manectric is that it really does struggle with damage output. While it is pretty accurate that it 2hkos a large portion of the metagame, it usually can not utilize this because as a pivot it needs to be able to switch into attacks on occasion, and its bulk is good enough to not get OHKO'd my much, but it has trouble switching in and securing said 2hko because you either need to conserve it for another larger threat (ferrothorn as an example) or you switch out to keep momentum because your opponent usually swicthes out, and doesn't let you hit your target.

I hope that that made sense (It's pretty late for me when i'm writing this). Anyways I'm going to wait for another person's opinion on the matter before making changes.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I wanted to add something to this discussion.

I do think it's fair to say that Manectric's damage output is rather disappointing. The numbers bear this out, and it's an important reason why Manectric is fairly uncommon, as well as understanding its properties to build around it effectively if used. If you look at the top 8 megas in usage at present (in order of general usage: Charizard X/Y, Gyarados, Blaziken, Metagross, Salamence, Gengar, & Lucario), five of them have damage boosting abilities, and only one has a primary attacking stat that is below Manectric's special attack (Charizard-X at 130 base attack). Despite this, Zard-X more than makes up for this with higher base power moves and a damage boosting ability, meaning that it hits about 40% harder with STAB Flare Blitz or Outrage as compared to a Manectric Thunderbolt against neutral targets. Other megas have similar advantages through move BP/stats/abilities, and six of the eight megas above also commonly run boosting moves for either speed or their primary attacking stat.

While Manectric does make up for this somewhat with fairly good coverage--notably compressing Fire/Ice coverage in a way Koko can't--it sometimes needs to be hitting SE just to keep up. To give context, Manectric has a pure coinflip to OHKO full health no bulk Zard-Y with Thunderbolt, while 252 SpA Zard-Y guarantees the OHKO back with Flamethrower in sun without needing the "It's Super Effective!" text.

The comparative lack of power means that Manectric loses pure one-on-ones against most of the top 10, even stuff like Mega Gyarados that it seems to have a strong matchup against at first glance. While this can of course be mitigated somewhat through team support, and pure damage output isn't Manectric's niche, it's fair to note that its lack of power is a strike against Manectric compared to other megas and Tapu Koko. It requires more residual damage support from teammates to be effective as a result, another reason it pairs well with defensive Landorus-T (as mentioned in the OP): Stealth Rock support and Helmet/U-Turn chip damage to help whittle targets into range.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
This is mostly fine as is though there's quite a few Spelling and Grammar errors that I went through. I'd definitely take a look at the Spelling and Grammar standards in the future since that makes it much easier on the GP checking process, it's really long but at least glancing through it can help a lot. We were also technically moving past the preview format, not sure if Theorymon cares in this case since Manectric is a somewhat low-profile Pokemon. If we want to make the change to Manectric the format is here, it shouldn't take too much work to update the format to that though. Otherwise I crossed out things that need to be changed and included new changes and comments in bold.

[OVERVIEW]

*Mega Manectric is an electric type Electric-type with a blistering speed stat outspeeding a huge portion of the metagame (add comma) including Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar (add period)
*Intimidate in tandem with an extremely fast volt switch Volt Switch gives Mega Manectric the ability to scout and gain momentum against opposing teams.
*With a pure electric Electric typing Manectric is granted only one weakness in ground Ground, which alongside Mega Manetric's (typo) Intimidate helps compensate for its mediocre bulk.
*Mega Manectric has a useful pre-mega ability in Lightningrod Lightning Rod which helps it switch into electric moves, such as Tapu Koko's Thunderbolt.
*Mega Manectric is held back in BSS due to stiff competition from other electric types Electric-types such as Tapu Koko, which shares a similar speed tier as Mega Manectric, but does not take a mega slot, and has higher damage output with its electric Electric-type moves. I'd note that this is due to Electric Surge, since this might be slightly misleading otherwise.
*Even with boltbeam + fire coverage BoltBeam and Fire-type coverage along with a good special attack Special Attack stat Mega Manectric has a slightly disappointing damage output for a mega slot Mega.
*Despite Intimidate and its decent typing (comma) Mega Manectric struggles taking strong neutral hits (comma) especially from special attackers such as Greninja and Tapu Lele, which limits its ability to pivot.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

*Max speed with a timid natures Timid nature allows Mega Manectric to outspeed most of the unboosted Battle Spot metagame, giving as much momentum to its teammates as possible.
*Thunderbolt is for a reliable STAB move that does not switch Mega Manectric out when used.
*Overheat or Flamethrower alongside Hidden Power Ice is vital to this set because fire and ice Fire- and Ice-type coverage on one set allows Manectric to hit ground Ground-types such as Landorus-Therian who are immune to Manectric's STABS, along with a fire move to and hit steel types Steel-types such as Ferrothorn and Aegislash, which would otherwise wall Mega Manectric.
*Flamethrower is a an option over Overheat that does not normally miss and conserves Manectric's Special Attack, however, the power drop is very noticeable. For example, flamethrower Flamethrower notably misses out on the 50% chance overheat Overheat has to OHKO Mega Metagross, and can not OHKO specially defensive Ferrothorn or Mega Mawile.
*Volt Switch is obligatory to allow Mega Manectric to pivot in and out of battle.
*The special attack and speed Special Attack and Speed investment let Mega Manectric hit as hard and fast as possible, while the 4 special defense evs Special Defense EVs ensure those pesky download Download users get an attack Attack boost.
*Timid nature is vital to let Manectric outspeed the likes of Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar.
*Mega Manectric likes having teammates such as Landorus-T because it provides a double intimidate Intimidate core and is immune to Manetric's only weakness: ground to Ground-type moves. Landorus-T also can provide chip damage to opponents with Stealth Rocks, Rocky Helmet, or U-turn, which also forms a Voltturn VoltTurn core with Manectric.
*Similarly Gyarados and Celesteela are good teammates because they are immune to ground Ground, and pre-mega Manectric can switch in to electric Electric-type attacks aimed at them and get a free Special Attack boost.
*While it may be tempting to mega evolve Mega Evolve immediately, in some situations keeping regular Manectric's Lightningrod Lightning Rod is more beneficial than intimidate Intimidate as a way to make to discourage opposing electric types Electric-types such as Thundurus-T and Tapu Koko from spamming electric STABs STAB moves.
I would also note the risk of not Mega Evolving since 105 Speed pre-Mega is very risky given how frail it is.

This is mostly fine as is though there's quite a few Spelling and Grammar errors that I went through. I'd definitely take a look at the Spelling and Grammar standards in the future since that makes it much easier on the GP checking process, it's really long but at least glancing through it can help a lot. We were also technically moving past the preview format, not sure if Theorymon cares in this case since Manectric is a somewhat low-profile Pokemon. If we want to make the change to Manectric the format is here, it shouldn't take too much work to update the format to that though. Otherwise I crossed out things that need to be changed and included new changes and comments in bold.
I implemented all of the changes that you suggested Psynergy, including changing the format out of the preview format.
[OVERVIEW]

Mega Manectric is a potent offensive pivot and revenge killer, scouting opposing teams and generating momentum. Mega Manectric has a blistering speed tier that lets it outspeed a huge portion of the metagame, most notably Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar. A pure Electric typing grants only one weakness in Ground, which alongside Intimidate helps compensate for its mediocre bulk. Intimidate in tandem with Volt Switch also gives Mega Manectric the ability to scout and gain momentum against opposing teams. Mega Manectric has a useful pre-mega ability in Lightning Rod which helps it switch into Electric-type moves, such as Tapu Koko's Thunderbolt. However, Mega Manectric is held back in BSS due to stiff competition from other Electric-types such as Tapu Koko, which shares a similar speed tier as Mega Manectric, but does not take a mega slot, and has higher damage output with its Electric-Type moves because of Electric Surge. Even with BoltBeam and Fire-type coverage along with a good Special Attack stat Mega Manectric has slightly disappointing damage output for a Mega. Despite Intimidate and its decent typing, Mega Manectric struggles taking strong neutral hits, especially from special attackers such as Greninja and Tapu Lele, which limits its ability to pivot.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

Thunderbolt is a mandatory STAB move that lets Mega Manectric hit the numerous Water-types in BSS, such as Tapu Fini and Toxapex hard, while Volt Switch is important so that Mega Manectric can generate momentum for its team. Overheat or Flamethrower alongside Hidden Power Ice is vital to this set because Fire- and Ice-type coverage on one set allows Manectric to hit Ground types such as Landorus-Therian and hit Steel-types such as Ferrothorn and Aegislash, which would otherwise wall Mega Manectric, which also gives Mega Manectric a niche over Tapu Koko, as it can not utilize both a Fire- and Ice-type move at the same time. Flamethrower is an option over Overheat that does not miss and conserves Manectric's Special Attack, however, the power drop is very noticeable. Flamethrower notably misses out on the 50% chance Overheat has to OHKO Mega Metagross, and can not OHKO specially defensive Ferrothorn or Mega Mawile.

Set Details
========

Max speed with a Timid nature allows Mega Manectric to outspeed most of the unboosted Battle Spot metagame, giving as much momentum to its teammates as possible. The Special Attack and Speed investment let Mega Manectric hit as hard and fast as possible, while the 4 Special Defense EVs ensure Porygon2 receives an Attack boost from Download. Timid nature is vital to let Manectric outspeed the likes of Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar. Lightning Rod is the preferred pre-Mega ability so Mega Manectric can easily switch into Electric-type moves. Intimidate is useful to weaken physical attackers throughout the match.

Usage Tips
========

Normally Mega Manectric likes to lead battles and immediately Volt Switch out so that you can gain the upper had on the opponent, or to preserve Mega Manectric's health for a Pokemon that threatens its teammates. Throughout the match Mega Manectric is best used to weaken physical attackers, and provide chip damage for its teammates.
While it may be tempting to Mega Evolve immediately, in some situations keeping regular Manectric's Lightning Rod is more beneficial than Intimidate to discourage opposing Electric-types such as Thundurus-T and Tapu Koko from spamming STAB moves, however, not Mega Evolving can be a risky play because Manectric is slower and very frail pre-Mega.

Team Options
========

Mega Manectric likes having teammates such as Landorus-T because it provides a double Intimidate core and is immune to Manetric's only weakness Ground-type moves. Landorus-T also can provide chip damage to opponents with Stealth Rock, Rocky Helmet, or U-turn, which also forms a VoltTurn core with Manectric. Similarly Gyarados and Celesteela are good teammates because they are immune to Ground and pre-Mega Manectric can switch in to Electric-Type attacks aimed at them and get a free Special Attack boost.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
=============

Mega Manectric's barren movepool leaves very little choices outside of the moves listed in the set above, however, Toxic could be used to cripple a Porygon2 switching in on Mega Manectric, but this forces Mega Manectric to give up on an important coverage move, making a poor choice in most scenarios. It is also possible to run Thunder over Thunderbolt to have a 50% chance to OHKO Mega-Gyarados, but the shaky accuracy makes Thunder a poor choice. This could be alleviated by pairing Mega Manectric with a rain setter such as Pelliper or Politoad, but the rain lowers the power of Manectric's Fire-Type coverage.

Checks and Counters
===================

Faster Pokemons: Anything faster than Mega Manectric becomes problematic for it, as mons like Pheromosa that naturally outspeed it or scarfed Pokemon like Tapu Lele, Landorus-T, or Excadrill can chip away at Mega Manectric’s health easily, if not outright OHKO it.

Specially Bulky Pokemon: Pokemon such as Porygon2, Heatran, and Chansey take pitiful damage from any attack that Mega Manectric can throw at them, and slowly chip away at Manectric’s health.

Ground Types: Pokemon such as Mamoswine, Landorus-T, and Excadrill are immune to Mega Manectric’s Electric-type moves and threaten back with their STAB moves, however, Landorus-T and Excadrill need to be cautious of Hidden Power Ice and Overheat respectively.
I have bolded entirely new stuff that was not included in previous versions for QC to check in the above quote.

GP 1/2
remove add comments

[OVERVIEW]

Mega Manectric is a potent offensive pivot and revenge killer, scouting opposing teams and generating momentum. Mega Manectric has a Its blistering Speed tier that lets it outspeed outpace a huge portion of the metagame, most notably including Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar. A pure Electric typing grants only one weakness in Ground, which sole weakness in Ground alongside Intimidate helps compensate for its mediocre bulk., (comma) and Intimidate in tandem with Volt Switch also gives Mega Manectric it the ability to easily scout and gain momentum against opposing teams. Mega Manectric also has a useful pre-Mega ability in Lightning Rod, (comma) which helps it switch into Electric-type moves, (comma) such as Tapu Koko's Thunderbolt. However, Mega Manectric is held back in BSS due to by stiff competition from other Electric-types such as Tapu Koko, which shares a similar speed tier as Mega Manectric, has a Speed tier similar to Mega Manectric's but does not take a team's Mega slot, (comma) and has higher damage output with its Electric-Type moves because of Electric Surge deals greater damage with its Electric Terrain-boosted attacks. Even with BoltBeam and Fire-type outstanding coverage along with and a good Special Attack stat, (comma) Mega Manectric has slightly disappointing damage output for a Mega Evolution. Despite Intimidate and its decent typing, Mega Manectric struggles taking to take strong neutral hits, especially from special attackers such as Greninja and Tapu Lele, which limits its ability to pivot.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

Thunderbolt is a mandatory STAB move that lets Mega Manectric hit the numerous prevalent Water-types in BSS, such as Tapu Fini and Toxapex hard, while Volt Switch is important so that Mega Manectric can generate momentum for its team. Overheat or Flamethrower alongside Hidden Power Ice is vital to this set because Fire- and Ice-type coverage on one set allows Manectric to hit Ground-(hyph)types such as Landorus-Therian and hit Steel-types such as Ferrothorn and Aegislash, which would otherwise wall Mega Manectric,. (per) This coverage which also gives Mega Manectric a niche over Tapu Koko, as it can not utilize both a Fire- and Ice-type move at the same time. Flamethrower is an option over Overheat that does not miss and conserves Manectric's Special Attack, however, though the power drop is very noticeable. Flamethrower notably misses out on the 50% chance Overheat has to OHKO Mega Metagross, and can not cannot OHKO specially defensive Ferrothorn or Mega Mawile.

Set Details
========

Max speed Maximum Speed with a Timid nature allows Mega Manectric to outspeed most of the unboosted Battle Spot metagame, giving as much momentum to its teammates as possible. The Special Attack and Speed investment lets Mega Manectric hit as hard and fast as possible, while the 4 Special Defense EVs ensure Porygon2 receives an Attack boost from Download. A Timid nature is vital to let Manectric outspeed the likes of Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar. Lightning Rod is the preferred pre-Mega ability so Mega that Manectric can easily switch into Electric-type moves. Intimidate is useful to weaken physical attackers throughout the match.

Usage Tips
========

Normally Mega Manectric likes to lead battles and immediately use Volt Switch out so that you can gain the upper hand on the opponent, or to preserve Mega Manectric's health for a Pokemon that threatens its teammates. Throughout the match, (comma) Mega Manectric is best used to weaken physical attackers, (comma) and provide chip damage for its teammates. While it may be tempting to Mega Evolve immediately, in some situations keeping regular Manectric's Lightning Rod is occasionally more beneficial than Intimidate to discourage opposing Electric-types such as Thundurus-T and Tapu Koko from spamming STAB moves,; (semi) however, not Mega Evolving can be a risky play because normal Manectric is slower and very frail pre-Mega.

Team Options
========

Mega Manectric likes having teammates such as Landorus-T as a partner because it provides a double Intimidate core and is immune to Manetric's only weakness Ground-type moves. Landorus-T also can provide chip damage to opponents with Stealth Rock, Rocky Helmet, or U-turn, which also forms a VoltTurn core with Manectric. Similarly, (comma) Gyarados and Celesteela are good teammates because they are immune to Ground and pre-Mega Lightning Rod Manectric can switch in(space)to Electric-type attacks aimed at them and get a free Special Attack boost.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
=============

Mega Manectric's barren movepool leaves very little few choices outside of the moves listed in the set above,. (per) however, Toxic could be used to cripple a Porygon2 switching in on Mega Manectric, but this forces Mega Manectric to give up on an important coverage move, making it a poor choice in most scenarios. It is also possible to run Thunder over Thunderbolt to have a 50% chance to OHKO Mega-Gyarados, but the its shaky accuracy makes Thunder a poor choice it unreliable. This could be alleviated by pairing Mega Manectric with a rain setter such as Pelliper or Politoad Pelipper or Politoed, but the rain lowers the power of Manectric's Fire-type coverage.

Checks and Counters
===================

Faster Pokemons: **Faster Pokemon**: Anything faster than Mega Manectric becomes problematic for it,; (semi) the naturally faster Pheromosa and Choice Scarf users like Tapu Lele, Landorus-T, and Excadrill can easily weaken Mega Manectric as mons like Pheromosa that naturally outspeed it or scarfed Pokemon like Tapu Lele, Landorus-T, or Excadrill can chip away at Mega Manectric’s health easily, if not outright OHKO it.

Specially Bulky Pokemon: **Specially Bulky Pokemon**: Pokemon such as like Porygon2, Heatran, and Chansey take pitiful damage from any attack that Mega Manectric can throw at them, (comma) and slowly chip away at Manectric’s health.

Ground Types: **Ground-types**: Pokemon such as Mamoswine, Landorus-T, and Excadrill are immune to Mega Manectric’s Electric-type moves and threaten back with their STAB moves, however, though Landorus-T and Excadrill need to be cautious of Hidden Power Ice and Overheat respectively.

GP 1/2
remove add comments

[OVERVIEW]

Mega Manectric is a potent offensive pivot and revenge killer, scouting opposing teams and generating momentum. Mega Manectric has a Its blistering Speed tier that lets it outspeed outpace a huge portion of the metagame, most notably including Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar. A pure Electric typing grants only one weakness in Ground, which sole weakness in Ground alongside Intimidate helps compensate for its mediocre bulk., (comma) and Intimidate in tandem with Volt Switch also gives Mega Manectric it the ability to easily scout and gain momentum against opposing teams. Mega Manectric also has a useful pre-Mega ability in Lightning Rod, (comma) which helps it switch into Electric-type moves, (comma) such as Tapu Koko's Thunderbolt. However, Mega Manectric is held back in BSS due to by stiff competition from other Electric-types such as Tapu Koko, which shares a similar speed tier as Mega Manectric, has a Speed tier similar to Mega Manectric's but does not take a team's Mega slot, (comma) and has higher damage output with its Electric-Type moves because of Electric Surge deals greater damage with its Electric Terrain-boosted attacks. Even with BoltBeam and Fire-type outstanding coverage along with and a good Special Attack stat, (comma) Mega Manectric has slightly disappointing damage output for a Mega Evolution. Despite Intimidate and its decent typing, Mega Manectric struggles taking to take strong neutral hits, especially from special attackers such as Greninja and Tapu Lele, which limits its ability to pivot.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

Thunderbolt is a mandatory STAB move that lets Mega Manectric hit the numerous prevalent Water-types in BSS, such as Tapu Fini and Toxapex hard, while Volt Switch is important so that Mega Manectric can generate momentum for its team. Overheat or Flamethrower alongside Hidden Power Ice is vital to this set because Fire- and Ice-type coverage on one set allows Manectric to hit Ground-(hyph)types such as Landorus-Therian and hit Steel-types such as Ferrothorn and Aegislash, which would otherwise wall Mega Manectric,. (per) This coverage which also gives Mega Manectric a niche over Tapu Koko, as it can not utilize both a Fire- and Ice-type move at the same time. Flamethrower is an option over Overheat that does not miss and conserves Manectric's Special Attack, however, though the power drop is very noticeable. Flamethrower notably misses out on the 50% chance Overheat has to OHKO Mega Metagross, and can not cannot OHKO specially defensive Ferrothorn or Mega Mawile.

Set Details
========

Max speed Maximum Speed with a Timid nature allows Mega Manectric to outspeed most of the unboosted Battle Spot metagame, giving as much momentum to its teammates as possible. The Special Attack and Speed investment lets Mega Manectric hit as hard and fast as possible, while the 4 Special Defense EVs ensure Porygon2 receives an Attack boost from Download. A Timid nature is vital to let Manectric outspeed the likes of Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar. Lightning Rod is the preferred pre-Mega ability so Mega that Manectric can easily switch into Electric-type moves. Intimidate is useful to weaken physical attackers throughout the match.

Usage Tips
========

Normally Mega Manectric likes to lead battles and immediately use Volt Switch out so that you can gain the upper hand on the opponent, or to preserve Mega Manectric's health for a Pokemon that threatens its teammates. Throughout the match, (comma) Mega Manectric is best used to weaken physical attackers, (comma) and provide chip damage for its teammates. While it may be tempting to Mega Evolve immediately, in some situations keeping regular Manectric's Lightning Rod is occasionally more beneficial than Intimidate to discourage opposing Electric-types such as Thundurus-T and Tapu Koko from spamming STAB moves,; (semi) however, not Mega Evolving can be a risky play because normal Manectric is slower and very frail pre-Mega.

Team Options
========

Mega Manectric likes having teammates such as Landorus-T as a partner because it provides a double Intimidate core and is immune to Manetric's only weakness Ground-type moves. Landorus-T also can provide chip damage to opponents with Stealth Rock, Rocky Helmet, or U-turn, which also forms a VoltTurn core with Manectric. Similarly, (comma) Gyarados and Celesteela are good teammates because they are immune to Ground and pre-Mega Lightning Rod Manectric can switch in(space)to Electric-type attacks aimed at them and get a free Special Attack boost.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
=============

Mega Manectric's barren movepool leaves very little few choices outside of the moves listed in the set above,. (per) however, Toxic could be used to cripple a Porygon2 switching in on Mega Manectric, but this forces Mega Manectric to give up on an important coverage move, making it a poor choice in most scenarios. It is also possible to run Thunder over Thunderbolt to have a 50% chance to OHKO Mega-Gyarados, but the its shaky accuracy makes Thunder a poor choice it unreliable. This could be alleviated by pairing Mega Manectric with a rain setter such as Pelliper or Politoad Pelipper or Politoed, but the rain lowers the power of Manectric's Fire-type coverage.

Checks and Counters
===================

Faster Pokemons: **Faster Pokemon**: Anything faster than Mega Manectric becomes problematic for it,; (semi) the naturally faster Pheromosa and Choice Scarf users like Tapu Lele, Landorus-T, and Excadrill can easily weaken Mega Manectric as mons like Pheromosa that naturally outspeed it or scarfed Pokemon like Tapu Lele, Landorus-T, or Excadrill can chip away at Mega Manectric’s health easily, if not outright OHKO it.

Specially Bulky Pokemon: **Specially Bulky Pokemon**: Pokemon such as like Porygon2, Heatran, and Chansey take pitiful damage from any attack that Mega Manectric can throw at them, (comma) and slowly chip away at Manectric’s health.

Ground Types: **Ground-types**: Pokemon such as Mamoswine, Landorus-T, and Excadrill are immune to Mega Manectric’s Electric-type moves and threaten back with their STAB moves, however, though Landorus-T and Excadrill need to be cautious of Hidden Power Ice and Overheat respectively.
Implemented all of this.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
add remove comments
[OVERVIEW]

Mega Manectric is a potent offensive pivot and revenge killer, capable of scouting opposing teams and generating momentum. Its blistering Speed tier lets it outpace a huge portion of the metagame, most notably including Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar. A sole weakness to Ground alongside Intimidate helps compensate for its mediocre bulk, and Intimidate in tandem with Volt Switch gives it the ability to easily scout and gain momentum. Mega Manectric also has a useful pre-Mega ability in Lightning Rod, which helps it switch into Electric-type moves such as Tapu Koko's Thunderbolt. However, Mega Manectric is held back by stiff competition from other Electric-types such as Tapu Koko, which has a Speed tier similar to Mega Manectric’s but does not take a team’s Mega slot and deals greater damage with its Electric Terrain-boosted attacks. Even with outstanding coverage and a good Special Attack stat, Mega Manectric has slightly disappointing damage output for a Mega Evolution. Despite Intimidate and its decent typing, Mega Manectric struggles to take strong neutral hits, especially from special attackers such as Greninja and Tapu Lele, which limits its ability to pivot.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

Thunderbolt is a mandatory STAB move that lets Mega Manectric hit prevalent Water-types, (RC) such as Tapu Fini and Toxapex hard, while Volt Switch is important so that Mega Manectric can generate momentum for its team. Overheat or Flamethrower alongside Hidden Power Ice is vital because Fire- and Ice-type coverage on one set allows Manectric to hit Ground-types such as Landorus-T and Steel-types such as like Ferrothorn and Aegislash, which would otherwise wall Mega Manectric. This coverage also gives Mega Manectric a niche over Tapu Koko. Flamethrower is an option over Overheat that does not miss and conserves Manectric's Special Attack, (AC) though the power drop is very noticeable. Flamethrower misses out on the 50% chance Overheat has to OHKO Mega Metagross, and it cannot OHKO specially defensive Ferrothorn or Mega Mawile.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed with a Timid nature investment allows Mega Manectric to outspeed most of the unboosted Battle Spot metagame, giving as much momentum to its teammates as possible. A Timid nature is vital to let Manectric outspeed the likes of Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar. The Special Attack investment lets Mega Manectric hit as hard and fast as possible, while the 4 Special Defense EVs ensure Porygon2 receives an Attack boost from Download. A Timid nature is vital to let Manectric outspeed the likes of Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar. Lightning Rod is the preferred pre-Mega ability so that Manectric can easily switch into Electric-type moves.

Usage Tips
========

Mega Manectric likes to lead battles and immediately use Volt Switch so that you can gain the upper hand or preserve Mega Manectric's health for a Pokemon that threatens its teammates. Throughout the match, Mega Manectric is best used to weaken physical attackers and provide chip damage for its teammates. While it may be tempting to Mega Evolve immediately, keeping regular Manectric's Lightning Rod is occasionally more beneficial to discourage opposing Electric-types such as Thundurus-T and Tapu Koko from spamming STAB moves; however, not Mega Evolving can be a risky play because normal Manectric is slower and very frail.

Team Options
========

Mega Manectric likes having Landorus-T as a partner because it provides a double Intimidate core and is immune to Ground. Landorus-T also can provide chip damage to opponents with Stealth Rock, Rocky Helmet, or and U-turn, which also forms lets it form a VoltTurn core with Mega Manectric. Similarly, Gyarados and Celesteela are good teammates because they are immune to Ground and Lightning Rod Manectric can switch into Electric-type attacks aimed at them and get a free Special Attack boost.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
=============

Mega Manectric's barren movepool leaves very few choices outside of the moves listed in the set above. Toxic could be used to cripple a Porygon2 switching in on Mega Manectric, but this forces Mega Manectric to give up on an important coverage move, making it a poor choice in most scenarios. It is also possible to run Thunder over Thunderbolt to have a 50% chance to OHKO Mega-Gyarados Mega Gyarados, but its shaky accuracy makes it unreliable. This could be alleviated by pairing Mega Manectric with a rain setter such as Pelipper or Politoed, but the rain lowers the power of Manectric's Fire-Type Fire-type coverage.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Faster Pokemon**: Anything faster than Mega Manectric becomes problematic for it; the naturally faster Pheromosa and Choice Scarf users like Tapu Lele, Landorus-T, and Excadrill can easily weaken Mega Manectric if not outright OHKO it.

**Specially Bulky Pokemon**: Pokemon like Porygon2, Heatran, and Chansey take pitiful damage from any attack that Mega Manectric can throw at them and slowly chip away at Manectric’s health.

**Ground-types**: Pokemon such as Mamoswine, Landorus-T, and Excadrill are immune to Mega Manectric’s Electric-type moves and threaten back with their STAB moves, though Landorus-T and Excadrill need to be cautious of Hidden Power Ice and Overheat.

2/2

add remove comments
[OVERVIEW]

Mega Manectric is a potent offensive pivot and revenge killer, capable of scouting opposing teams and generating momentum. Its blistering Speed tier lets it outpace a huge portion of the metagame, most notably including Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar. A sole weakness to Ground alongside Intimidate helps compensate for its mediocre bulk, and Intimidate in tandem with Volt Switch gives it the ability to easily scout and gain momentum. Mega Manectric also has a useful pre-Mega ability in Lightning Rod, which helps it switch into Electric-type moves such as Tapu Koko's Thunderbolt. However, Mega Manectric is held back by stiff competition from other Electric-types such as Tapu Koko, which has a Speed tier similar to Mega Manectric’s but does not take a team’s Mega slot and deals greater damage with its Electric Terrain-boosted attacks. Even with outstanding coverage and a good Special Attack stat, Mega Manectric has slightly disappointing damage output for a Mega Evolution. Despite Intimidate and its decent typing, Mega Manectric struggles to take strong neutral hits, especially from special attackers such as Greninja and Tapu Lele, which limits its ability to pivot.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========

Thunderbolt is a mandatory STAB move that lets Mega Manectric hit prevalent Water-types, (RC) such as Tapu Fini and Toxapex hard, while Volt Switch is important so that Mega Manectric can generate momentum for its team. Overheat or Flamethrower alongside Hidden Power Ice is vital because Fire- and Ice-type coverage on one set allows Manectric to hit Ground-types such as Landorus-T and Steel-types such as like Ferrothorn and Aegislash, which would otherwise wall Mega Manectric. This coverage also gives Mega Manectric a niche over Tapu Koko. Flamethrower is an option over Overheat that does not miss and conserves Manectric's Special Attack, (AC) though the power drop is very noticeable. Flamethrower misses out on the 50% chance Overheat has to OHKO Mega Metagross, and it cannot OHKO specially defensive Ferrothorn or Mega Mawile.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed with a Timid nature investment allows Mega Manectric to outspeed most of the unboosted Battle Spot metagame, giving as much momentum to its teammates as possible. A Timid nature is vital to let Manectric outspeed the likes of Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar. The Special Attack investment lets Mega Manectric hit as hard and fast as possible, while the 4 Special Defense EVs ensure Porygon2 receives an Attack boost from Download. A Timid nature is vital to let Manectric outspeed the likes of Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar. Lightning Rod is the preferred pre-Mega ability so that Manectric can easily switch into Electric-type moves.

Usage Tips
========

Team Options
========

Mega Manectric likes having Landorus-T as a partner because it provides a double Intimidate core and is immune to Ground. Landorus-T also can provide chip damage to opponents with Stealth Rock, Rocky Helmet, or and U-turn, which also forms lets it form a VoltTurn core with Mega Manectric. Similarly, Gyarados and Celesteela are good teammates because they are immune to Ground and Lightning Rod Manectric can switch into Electric-type attacks aimed at them and get a free Special Attack boost.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
=============

Mega Manectric's barren movepool leaves very few choices outside of the moves listed in the set above. Toxic could be used to cripple a Porygon2 switching in on Mega Manectric, but this forces Mega Manectric to give up on an important coverage move, making it a poor choice in most scenarios. It is also possible to run Thunder over Thunderbolt to have a 50% chance to OHKO Mega-Gyarados Mega Gyarados, but its shaky accuracy makes it unreliable. This could be alleviated by pairing Mega Manectric with a rain setter such as Pelipper or Politoed, but the rain lowers the power of Manectric's Fire-Type Fire-type coverage.

Checks and Counters
===================

2/2
Implemented the above stuff, and that means Mega Manectric is Done!
:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)