Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head / Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fire Fang

Due to the popularity of bulky Choice Scarf Landorus-T, Heatran, and Gastrodon + Clefable cores, Swords Dance Mega Mawile is dropping in usage in favor of an all-out attacker set, as it has an easier time breaking through these Pokemon.

Mega Mawile is one of the best wallbreakers in the tier thanks to a solid typing in Steel / Fairy that allows it to switch into a number of Pokemon such as Clefable, Tapu Bulu, and Weavile and a whopping Attack stat of 678 when boosted by an maximum investment and Huge Power, which makes it incredibly hard to reliably switch into, especially when coupled with good coverage options to deal heavy damage to or OHKO common switch-ins such as Toxapex, Landorus-T, Heatran, and Mega Scizor. Some good teammates include VoltTurn users like Landorus-T and Tapu Koko to get in Mawile safely and Pokemon that appreciate Mawile's ability to lure Pokemon like Landorus-T and Ferrothorn, such as Zygarde and Ash-Greninja.

In this World Cup of Pokemon replay, Mega Mawile can be seen punching holes in Googly's team, paving the way for Tapu Lele to clean up:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-386285

Last edited:
Few suggestions.

Due to the popularity of Bulky Scarf Landorus-T and Heatran, Swords Dance Mega Mawile is dropping in usage, in favour for 4 Attacks as it has an easier time breaking through these Pokemon.
Definitely mention the prominence of GastroClef balances, which Mega Mawile has a field day against.

allowing it to switch into a number of Pokemon such as Tapu Bulu, Tyranitar, and Weavile,
Idk Tyranitar often runs super effective coverage for it. I think Clefable is a better mention, given its prominence in this metagame.

I think you should add a line on teammates at the end, I think Weakness Policy Zygarde is especially notable as you come in on most switch ins to it and can deal with Mega Scizor.

Wait for qcs input

Last edited:

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I would agree Tyranitar can be replaced, good spot Jordy. I am also not a big fan of your section simply listing all your moves and what it beats.

especially when coupled with coverage options like Ice Punch to hit Landorus-T, Thunder Punch to hit Toxapex, Celesteela, and Skarmory, Fire Fang to reliably hit Steels like Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Kartana, or you can run Focus Punch to less reliably hit the aforementioned Steels while also OHKOing Heatran on the switch.
I don't love this section, I would rather have it say something like through its coverage options M-Mawile can pressure (and then list off some mons it pressures like your Lando-ts and your Toxapexs. keep it short and simple.

I also agree with Jordy's suggestions on teammates, though with addition to Zygarde I would mention Volt Turn mons that give M-Mawile free switchins and a chance to break.

overall was a good job.

Edit: also yes in the beginning mention the rise of scarf lando and tran, and also gastro clef balances that love 4 attacks mawile.

QC 1/1

Last edited:
I would agree Tyranitar can be replaced, good spot Jordy. I am also not a big fan of your section simply listing all your moves and what it beats.

I don't love this section, I would rather have it say something like through its coverage options M-Mawile can pressure (and then list off some mons it pressures like your Lando-ts and your Toxapexs. keep it short and simple.

I also agree with Jordy's suggestions on teammates, though with addition to Zygarde I would mention Volt Turn mons that give M-Mawile free switchins and a chance to break.

overall was a good job.

Edit: also yes in the beginning mention the rise of scarf lando and tran, and also gastro clef balances that love 4 attacks mawile.
Implemented, thanks.

Fireflame

Silksong when
is a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
This was slightly above the character limit so I trimmed it down a bit.

Remove Add Comments (AC)= add comma (RC)= remove comma (AH)= add hyphen (RH)= remove hyphen
Mawile @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch / Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Fang / Focus Punch

Due to the popularity of bulky Choice Scarf Landorus-T, Heatran, and Gastrodon + Clefable Balances cores, Swords Dance Mega Mawile is dropping in usage,(RC) in favour for 4 Attacks favor of an all-out attacker set,(AC) as it has an easier time breaking through these Pokemon.

Mega Mawile is one of the best wallbreakers in the tier,(RC) thanks to good coverage options,(RC) (combined this with the mention of coverage later, since this needs to be trimmed down a little) a solid typing in Steel / Fairy,(RC) allowing that allows it to switch into a number of Pokemon such as Clefable, Tapu Bulu, and Weavile,(RC) and a base whopping 678 Attack stat of 105, which when boosted by an Adamant Nature maximum investment and Huge Power, reaches a whopping 678,(RC) making which makes it incredibly hard to reliably switch into, especially when coupled with good coverage options to deal heavy damage to or OHKO common switch-(AH)ins such as Toxapex, Landorus-T, Heatran, and Mega Scizor. Despite all these things, Mawile does have one major area it lacks in - has lackluster Speed,(AC) though.(period) However, even this issue can be mitigated with the use of Sucker Punch as a powerful priority attack. Some good teammates include VoltTurn users like Landorus-T and Tapu Koko to get in Mawile safely like Landorus-T and Tapu Koko and Pokemon that appreciate Mawile's ability to lure Pokemon like Landorus-T and Heatran,(AC) such as e.g Zygarde and Tapu Bulu.

In this World Cup of Pokemon replay, Mega Mawile punches holes in Googly's team, paving the way for Tapu Lele to clean up:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-386285 In this WCoP replay, Mega Mawile can be seen punching holes in Googly's team, paving the way for Tapu Lele to clean up.
GP 1/1

Last edited:

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
hey sorry for being late I just wanted to discuss this w the rest of qc first before making any change and didnt expect a swift gp, shouldve posted a placeholder my bad.

anyway, the set order should be the following: iron head/play rough, thunder punch, ice punch, fire fang. this seems fine for the most part outside of that so just change the set, remove mentions of anything that isnt slashed and I’ll look over this. again sorry for the inconvenience :x

edit: this is good now 2/2

Last edited:
This was slightly above the character limit so I trimmed it down a bit.

Remove Add Comments (AC)= add comma (RC)= remove comma (AH)= add hyphen (RH)= remove hyphen
Mawile @ Mawilite
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch / Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Fang / Focus Punch

Due to the popularity of bulky Choice Scarf Landorus-T, Heatran, and Gastrodon + Clefable Balances cores, Swords Dance Mega Mawile is dropping in usage,(RC) in favour for 4 Attacks favor of an all-out attacker set,(AC) as it has an easier time breaking through these Pokemon.

Mega Mawile is one of the best wallbreakers in the tier,(RC) thanks to good coverage options,(RC) (combined this with the mention of coverage later, since this needs to be trimmed down a little) a solid typing in Steel / Fairy,(RC) allowing that allows it to switch into a number of Pokemon such as Clefable, Tapu Bulu, and Weavile,(RC) and a base whopping 678 Attack stat of 105, which when boosted by an Adamant Nature maximum investment and Huge Power, reaches a whopping 678,(RC) making which makes it incredibly hard to reliably switch into, especially when coupled with good coverage options to deal heavy damage to or OHKO common switch-(AH)ins such as Toxapex, Landorus-T, Heatran, and Mega Scizor. Despite all these things, Mawile does have one major area it lacks in - has lackluster Speed,(AC) though.(period) However, even this issue can be mitigated with the use of Sucker Punch as a powerful priority attack. Some good teammates include VoltTurn users like Landorus-T and Tapu Koko to get in Mawile safely like Landorus-T and Tapu Koko and Pokemon that appreciate Mawile's ability to lure Pokemon like Landorus-T and Heatran,(AC) such as e.g Zygarde and Tapu Bulu.

In this World Cup of Pokemon replay, Mega Mawile punches holes in Googly's team, paving the way for Tapu Lele to clean up:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-386285 In this WCoP replay, Mega Mawile can be seen punching holes in Googly's team, paving the way for Tapu Lele to clean up.
GP 1/1
hey sorry for being late I just wanted to discuss this w the rest of qc first before making any change and didnt expect a swift gp, shouldve posted a placeholder my bad.

anyway, the set order should be the following: iron head/play rough, thunder punch, ice punch, fire fang. this seems fine for the most part outside of that so just change the set, remove mentions of anything that isnt slashed and I’ll look over this. again sorry for the inconvenience :x
Implemented both, thanks all for the help.

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Ok so I know you said you implemented Leo's check, but your sentence on M-Mawile making up for its lackluster speed through Sucker Punch is still included. Seeing how this set drops Sucker Punch as a slot entirely that needs to be removed.

anyway, the set order should be the following: iron head/play rough, thunder punch, ice punch, fire fang. this seems fine for the most part outside of that so just change the set, remove mentions of anything that isnt slashed
That falls under this line from Leo's post. Meaning this:

Despite all these things, Mawile has lackluster Speed, though this issue can be mitigated with the use of Sucker Punch.
needs to be removed as it's based around Sucker Punch, a move your set doesn't have as an option.

Ok so I know you said you implemented Leo's check, but your sentence on M-Mawile making up for its lackluster speed through Sucker Punch is still included. Seeing how this set drops Sucker Punch as a slot entirely that needs to be removed.

That falls under this line from Leo's post. Meaning this:

needs to be removed as it's based around Sucker Punch, a move your set doesn't have as an option.
o shit u right, done

edit: also changed the lure line since this set doesn't lure heatran - changed it to luring ferrothorn and ash greninja as a mon benefitting from that.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)