Pet Mod Mega Revolution

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
A tiebreaker currently exists between Ticktock and Gravity Monkey for Ampharos-Mega. So please vote on the tiebreaker via a single vote. The members of the tiebreaker can't vote for themselves.
Not voting then ig lol

:ss/metagross-mega:
New Pokémon Name: Cometal
Stats: 75 / 100 / 110 / 95 / 85 / 135 (BST: 600)
Typing:

Abilities: Tough Claws / Light Metal
Movepool Additions: N/A (from Metagross)
Niche: The fast as all hell version of Metagross.

:ss/garchomp-mega:
New Pokémon Name: Garchop
Stats: 108 / 150 / 115 / 90 / 75 / 62 (BST: 600)
Typing:

Abilities: Sand Veil / Sand Force
Movepool Additions: (From Garchomp) -Crunch, +Sacred Sword
Niche: Sturdier and stronger chomp, at the expense of speed and rough skin.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
View attachment 305177
Mega being Revolved: Mega Metagross
New Pokémon Name: Metaclaw
Stats: 80/135/100/85/90/110
Typing: Steel/Fighting
Abilities: Light Metal | Tough Claws (HA)
Movepool Additions: Close Combat, Cross Chop, Drain Punch, Superpower, Knock Off, Drill Run
Niche: Mostly the same niche as Mega Metagross. Its powerful, especially with Tough Claws, and decently speedy. It can run a Rock Polish set to sweep or a Choice Band or AoA set for wallbreaking.
Idk man 135 Ark and Tough Claws looks very sus, esp backed by its speed tier, and kinda sus coverage (why are we just tossing out Knock Off)

New Pokémon Name: Garcrunch (Cuz I just realized that the garchomp line ends with nIBLE, BITE, and CHOMP)
Stats: 98/110/85/80/105/122 (600)
Typing: Dragon/Ground
Abilities: Sand Force / Strong Jaw
Movepool Additions: (From Gabite) Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Psychic Fangs, Poison Fang, Crunch, Fishous Rend, Outrage
Niche: Faster, Less hard hitting Chomp, but frailer.

New Pokémon Name: Metaxen (Pronounced Meta Zeen)
Stats: 90/75/150/135/120/30 (600)
Typing: Steel/Psychic
Abilities: Tough Claws / Levitate
Movepool Additions: (From Metang) Fire Punch, Teleport, Thunderbolt, Future Sight, Recover
Niche: What do you get if you combine Slobrow and Metagross together? The answer is Metaxen!

:ss/Tyranitar-mega:
New Pokémon Name: Precipitar
Stats: 90/134/100/65/120/91 (100)
Typing: Rock/Dragon
Abilities: Sand Stream/Intimidate
Movepool Additions: (From Pupitar) Dragon Claw, Body Press
Niche: It's a wall, running Intimidate if you want higher defense, or Sand Stream if you want to go to Ubers and butcher some Calyrexes.

Last edited:

G-Luke

:ss/tyranitar-mega:

Mega being Revolved: Mega Tyranitar
New Pokémon Name: Stalagmitar
Stats: 100 / 100 / 95 / 134 / 120 / 51 (BST: 600)
Typing:

Abilities: Sandstream / Sturdy
Movepool Additions: (From Pupitar) Meteor Beam, Spikes, Power Gem, Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Blizzard, Flamethrower
Niche: Stalagmitar operates very differently from its companion Tyranitar, as it's first MUCH bulkier specially, and has a much different typing, allowing it to check different things. It has access to Spikes as well. The biggest thing though is that Stalagmitar is specially offensive.

:ss/salamence-mega:

Mega being Revolved: Mega Salamence
New Pokémon Name: Crescengon (Crescent + Dragon)
Stats: 95 / 105 / 110 / 120 / 90 / 80 (BST: 600)
Typing:

Abilities: Intimidate / Aerialate
Movepool Additions: Same as Salamence
Niche: Salamence is primarily a physically leaning sweeper, so I decided that Crescengon should serve as a specially offensive tank. 95/110 bulk backed by Intimidate makes for a strong contender for best Flying wall. Unlike the other defensive flying types in the tier however, it has no secondary typing to gather up unique resistances, and instead relies on its beefy statline to hold out.

New Pokémon Name: Metamacho
Stats: 80 / 115 / 120 / 85 / 90 / 110 (BST: 600)
Typing:

Abilities: Clear Body / Tough Claws
Movepool Additions: (From Metang) Close Combat, Mach Punch, Bulk Up, Taunt, Body Press, Drain Punch, Superpower
Niche: Metamacho hits hard thanks to its stellar offensive typing and access to Tough Claws, further propelling it's damage output. Banded CC blows a chunk out of almost anything, and it has coverage to hit mons like Toxapex and Zapdos. Its solid bulk means it can tank hits decently as well.

Last edited:
:ss/Salamence-Mega:
New Pokémon Name: Moonace (Moon + Menace)
Stats: 95/100/85/100/85/135
Typing:

Abilities:
Intimidate/Aerilate
Movepool Additions: Salamence's Movepool
Niche: An incredibly fast flyer that can hit hard with its aerilate STABs

Last edited:
Ugh. 600 BST mons are so difficult to balance. Figures that this ends up being the first one I'm actually around for of these. At least doing this directly reminded me how screwed up the Pokédex entries for Megas tend to be:

Mega being Revolved: Tyranitar-Mega
New Pokémon Name: Alpeaterex ("Alpine" + "eater" + "rex")
Stats: 100 HP / 115 Atk / 100 Def / 104 SpA / 100 SpD / 81 Spe
Typing:
/

Abilities: Sand Stream / Intimidate (hidden ability)
Movepool Additions: None
Niche (truncated): Meant to be a Rock Polish user that gets quite a few chances to set up between either ability due to its natural bulk even before Sandstorm or Intimidate, the latter of which it got due to the "face" on its belly and general presence.
It's also a Rock Polisher that gets to outspeed some of the more threatening weather abuser like Kabutops and Venusaur. Of course, that has a lot of variables, and it still intentionally explodes to Mach Punch, even more so now with reduced Defense. (I admittedly wanted to give this Strong Jaw at first, but then I realized that the majority of Strong Jaw users don't also get STAB on any biting moves for a reason, lest they turn out to be Dracovish--though that's also Fishous Rend being a completely idiotic move--or Sharpedo-Mega [or still suck like Boltend and Gumshoos].)

Mega being Revolved: Metagross-Mega
New Pokémon Name: Metamalgam ("Metal" + "amalgam")
Stats: 95 HP / 105 Atk / 110 Def / 105 SpA / 130 SpD / 55 Spe
Typing:
/

Abilities: Tough Claws / Analytic (hidden ability)
Movepool Additions: Psychic Terrain, Trick Room [EDIT: Psychic Terrain edited in]
Niche: The bulkiest and now once again slowest Analytic mon with good innate coverage with the back-up ability to be a decent Trick Room mon due to its lesser speed. [EDIT: Also now one of the bulkiest setters of Psychic Terrain and Trick Room, though the new addition of the former is admittedly unlikely to be used even with Metagross already getting access to Explosion.]
Ugh. This is meant to be the bulkiest (and previously was also the slowest fully evolved) Analytic mon, which is more inclined to use its Special Attack due to all of the special coverage it gets and having slightly higher Special Attack, in part because it gets STAB Gyro Ball. I'm a bit annoyed at how bulky it is to be honest, even after I dropped the Defense some to make it more vulnerable to Knock Off and upped its Speed a bit while still incentivizing it to let Magnezone outspeed it due to Analytic. Even though using Genesect as a cautionary tale about having Download with (both) attacking stats at or near 120 is what also made me scale things back, this having access to STAB Psyshock still can somewhat dent Chansey on a Specs Modest set even with "only" 105 SpA even though it makes sense for Metamalgam to remain Psychic-type flavor-wise.

As for Download, its lowered Speed makes it also a potentially potent if somewhat unreliable Trick Room abuser, again with a lot of bulk. Given all of the power and coverage (and access to Explosion) it already has, I'm reluctantly letting it have access to Trick Room itself due to said unreliability even if it might degenerate given STABs are covered well enough just by Earthquake, never mind its other options (as well as, again, Explosion); at least Trick Room will be easy to remove if this somehow happens to win. Sigh. This would be so much easier to balance without either ability, but I felt those were the two best abilities that applied to Metagross-Mega apparently being made out of five different mons, and the only other two I considered would arguably make this even more problematic. Such is life.

Mega being Revolved: Salamence-Mega
New Pokémon Name: Cressalagon ("Crescent" + "salamander" + "dragon") [EDIT: Added the original second "s" back in since I finally remembered that pokémon names can be longer than 10 letters now.]
Stats: 100 HP / 85 Atk / 115 Def / 120 SpA / 90 SpD / 90 Spe
Typing:
/

Abilities: Shell Armor / Aerilate (hidden ability)
Movepool Additions: Body Press, Echoed Voice, Fake Out [EDIT: Echoed Voice & Fake Out edited in to take more advance of Aerilate]
Niche (After EDIT): A specially-oriented Support mon that isn't as troubled by the usual Special Defense walls Chansey and Blissey since it has Body Press and, now, gets both Echoed Voice and the ability to make 101 Subs via 100 HP. It can also now pass slightly bigger Wishes than regular Salamence at the cost of benefitting far less from Dragon Dance. Finally, it would have the small distinction of being the bulkiest mon with Fake Out overall now, and it becomes an even better check to Rillaboom with Fake Out Aerilate and now 90 Spe if that is needed.
I was bemoaning about a week ago in UU that most Infiltrator mons kind of suck since they're all relatively frail and/or slow outside of the OU-only Dragapult. So this has that niche already between its bulk and access to Roost despite keeping the quadruple Ice weakness as well as the Stealth Rock weakness if you forego Heavy-Duty Boots, and it will obviously have to deal with and compete against Dragapult's busted self. Its high Defense at least gives it access to a decently powerful Body Press to help it muscle past Chansey and Blissey since this Salamence is intentionally more of a Special Attacker, though it still has to actually invest in its Defense EVs to do that (as it should).

Besides that, Shell Armor was chosen as a more sure yet passive equivalent to Intimidate mostly just due to its Mega-evolution's weird flavor text of it tucking in its forelegs into whatever shell it has in its goofy looking design. I guess Shell Armor also makes this one of the few would-be checks for a certain broken kung-fu bear that likely ends up banned from OU soon anyway (as it should be). Oh well. Finally, Cresalagon got both Infiltrator and Body Press also due to its Mega flavor text, though in this case it was the one about Salamence-Mega just cutting through things like they're not there and continuing to fly onward. I obviously didn't take the fast Speed the flavor text implies into account here since it has to be "weak" somewhere even with 600 BST to spend.

Mega being Revolved: Garchomp-Mega
New Pokémon Name: Garshear (...whatever word the "Gar" in Garchomp comes from since Bulbapedia isn't entirely sure + "shear")
Stats: 78 HP / 125 Atk / 85 Def / 112 SpA / 80 SpD / 120 Spe
Typing:
/

Abilities: Sand Force / Hyper Cutter (hidden ability)
Movepool Additions: Air Cutter, Air Slash, Flash Cannon, Fly [EDIT: Flash Cannon has been edited in]
Niche: A glass cannon (relatively speaking) mon that can hit rather hard on either side of the spectrum and naturally revenge kill all other Dragons save for Dragapult (which it has to heavily compete against unfortunately) and Noivern (who sees no use in OU) as well as "safely" revenge kill Cinderace [previously non-transformed Greninja] and not be Intimidated (literally) by Landorus-T. [EDIT: Also now with Sand Force "back", it serve as the naturally fastest Sandstorm sweeper (since no one cares about Dugtrio without Arena Trap), though thankfully it gets no STABs on any of the Ground, Rock, or Steel attacks that Sand Force buffs like all other Sand Force mon.]
The majority of Garchomp's Pokédex entries, even from the beginning, talk a weird amount about its ability to fly even though it never got that obviously, so I decided to try to embrace that weirdness even though it made things even more difficult, especially when it comes to wanting to include Berserk. I mostly just made a (relatively speaking) glass cannon & non-Ground version of Garchomp that can revenge kill all other living dragons naturally as well as non-transformed Greninja. This while also still being just "slow" enough that Weavile at least can revenge kill it even without, to say nothing of Dragapult. Garshear's glass cannon aspect is played up more in that it loses its immunity to Sandstorm damage, now takes 25% from Stealth Rock without Boots, and isn't getting Roost (since that would be insane with Berserk, which is why I didn't give it to Cresalagon either) just like it isn't getting Acrobatics, Dual Wingbeat, or Hurricane. I reluctantly gave it more Attack than the initial 105-110 Attack I had decided upon just because Weavile also has 120 Attack & Swords Dance while still being slightly faster and due to this needing at least a slight edge over Dragapult. Otherwise I'm unsure if it would have much of an actual niche beyond being able to get off a few hit and run (maybe Life Orb'd or even Specs) Berserked Draco Meteors by intentionally killing itself on Stealth Rock.

That said, something is probably busted here now just to due to still trying to make it worthwhile in the face of power creep, which is sadly appropriate for Garchomp-Mega given how worthless it's generally been.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Doing reviews of the current slate

View attachment 305177
New Pokémon Name: Metaclaw
Stats: 80/120/110/85/95/115
Typing: Steel/Fighting
Abilities: Light Metal | Tough Claws (HA)
Movepool Additions: Close Combat, Cross Chop, Drain Punch, Superpower, Drill Run
Niche: Mostly the same niche as Mega Metagross. Its powerful, especially with Tough Claws, and decently speedy. It can run a Rock Polish set to sweep or a Choice Band or AoA set for wallbreaking.
I'd still request this Mon be like roughly 110 speed. Tough Claws, a great offensive typing and oodles of coverage makes defensive counterplay difficult as is, adding that it creeps a large percent of the meta certainly won't help.
New Pokémon Name: Garcrunch (Cuz I just realized that the garchomp line ends with nIBLE, BITE, and CHOMP)
Stats: 98/120/85/80/95/122 (600)
Typing: Dragon/Ground
Abilities: Rough Skin / Strong Jaw
Movepool Additions: (From Gabite) Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Psychic Fangs, Poison Fang, Crunch, Fishous Rend, Outrage, Dragon Dance
Niche: Faster, Less hard hitting Chomp, but frailer.

New Pokémon Name: Metaxen (Pronounced Meta Zeen)
Stats: 90/75/150/135/120/30 (600)
Typing: Steel/Psychic
Abilities: Clear Body / Levitate
Movepool Additions: (From Metang) Fire Punch, Teleport, Thunderbolt, Future Sight, Recover
Niche: What do you get if you combine Slobrow and Metagross together? The answer is Metaxen!

:ss/Tyranitar-mega:
New Pokémon Name: Precipitar
Stats: 90/134/100/65/120/91 (100)
Typing: Rock/Dragon
Abilities: Sand Stream/Intimidate
Movepool Additions: (From Pupitar) Dragon Claw, Body Press
Niche: It's a wall, running Intimidate if you want higher defense, or Sand Stream if you want to go to Ubers and butcher some Calyrexes.

Your Garchomp sub is absolutely broken. 122 120 Dragon Dancer is not ok, and outside of that it is just a vastly better version of an A ranked Pokémon. Also Garchomp violates the Ability rules.

Your metagross also violates the ability rules but otherwise it is ok.

:swsh/tyranitar-mega:
Mega Being Revolved: Tyranitar
New Pokémon Name: Tyraniju (Tyrant + Kaiju)
Stats: 100 / 134 / 85 / 100 / 81 / 100
Typing: View attachment 305220 View attachment 305256
Abilities: Sand Stream / Sheer Force
Movepool Additions: N/A (From Tyranitar)
Niche: It's the speedier offensive version of Tyranitar.

:swsh/salamence-mega:
Mega Being Revolved: Salamence
New Pokémon Name: Salarmor (Salamander + Armor)
Stats: 95 / 95 / 130 / 85 / 110 / 85
Typing: View attachment 305267 View attachment 305268
Abilities: Aerilate / Regenerator
Movepool Additions: Stealth Rock, Spikes, Body Press, Brave Bird
Niche: Bulky as heck, but lost good attacking stats for it's bulk, though.
These are obscenely broken Pokemon. Tyraniju is Nidoking on crack cocaine. Dragon Dance absolutely decimates all that stand before it thanks to Sheer Force boosted dual STABs, and special variants tap into Tyranitar's ludicrous special movepool, one that rivals Nidoking in expanse, to crumple any semblance of a physical check. Please note that Nidoking has 85 SpA and Speed and is a A rank threat in OU. This needs a complete revamp.

Salamence is also stupidly broken. Why in the hell would you think a bulkier, faster, stronger Corviknight with access to SPIKES, Stealth Rock and REGENERATOR is in any shape or form balanced? Just like the former, this is fundamentally broken and needs a complete revamp.

Ugh. 600 BST mons are so difficult to balance. Figures that this ends up being the first one I'm actually around for of these. At least doing this directly reminded me how screwed up the Pokédex entries for Megas tend to be:

Mega being Revolved: Metagross-Mega
New Pokémon Name: Metamalgam (Metal + amalgam)
Stats: 95 HP / 100 Atk / 110 Def / 105 SpA / 130 SpD / 60 Spe
Typing:
/

Abilities: Download / Analytic (hidden ability)
Movepool Additions: Trick Room
Niche (truncated): The bulkiest Analytic mon with good innate coverage with the back-up ability to be a decent Trick Room mon.
Ugh. This is meant to the bulkiest (and previously was also the slowed fully evolved) Analytic mon, which is more inclined to use its Special Attack due to all of the special coverage it gets and having slightly higher Special Attack, in part because it gets STAB Gyro Ball. I'm a bit annoyed at how bulky it is to be honest, even after I dropped the Defense some to make it more vulnerable to Knock Off and upped its Speed a bit while still incentivizing it to let Magnezone outspeed it due to Analytic. Even though using Genesect as a cautionary tale about having Download with (both) attacking stats at or near 120 is what also made me scale things back, this having access to STAB Psyshock still can somewhat dent Chansey on a Specs Modest set even with "only" 105 SpA even it though it makes sense for it to remain Psychic-type flavor-wise.

As for Download, its lowered Speed makes it also a potentially potent if somewhat unreliable Trick Room abuser, again with a lot of bulk. Given all of the power and coverage (and access to Explosion) it already has, I'm reluctantly letting it have access to Trick Room itself due to said unreliability even if it might degenerate given STABs are covered well enough just by Earthquake, never mind its other options (as well as, again, Explosion); at least Trick Room will be easy to remove if this somehow happens to win. Sigh. This would be so much easier to balance without either ability, but I felt those were the two best abilities that applied to Metagross-Mega apparently being made out of five different mons, and the only other two I considered would arguably make this even more problematic. Such is life.

Mega being Revolved: Salamence-Mega
New Pokémon Name: Cresalagon (Crescent + salamander + dragon)
Stats: 95 HP / 90 Atk / 115 Def / 120 SpA / 95 SpD / 85 Spe
Typing:
/

Abilities: Shell Armor / Infiltrator (hidden ability)
Movepool Additions: Body Press
Niche (truncated): The bulkiest Infiltrator mon--eat your well out, Spiritomb--that can also be a special attacker that can't be walled as easily by Chansey and Blissey due to Body Press.
I was bemoaning about a week ago in UU that most Infiltrator mons kind of suck since they're all relatively frail and/or slow outside of the OU-only Dragapult. So this has that niche already between its bulk and access to Roost despite keeping the quadruple Ice weakness as well as the Stealth Rock weakness if you forego Heavy-Duty Boots, and it will obviously have to deal with and compete against Dragapult's busted self. Its high Defense at least gives it access to a decently powerful Body Press to help it muscle past Chansey and Blissey since this Salamence intentionally more of a Special Attacker, though it still has to actually invest in its Defense EVs to do that (as it should).

Besides that, Shell Armor was chosen as a more sure yet passive equivalent to Intimidate mostly just due to its Mega-evolution's weird flavor text of its tucking in its forelegs into whatever it has shell in its goofy looking design. I guess Shell Armor also makes this one of the few would-be checks for a certain broken kung-fu bear that likely ends up banned from OU soon anyway. Oh well. Finally, Cresalagon got both Infiltrator and Body Press also due to its Mega flavor text, though this case it was the one about Salamence-Mega of just cutting through things like they're not there and continuing to fly onward. I obviously didn't take the Speed the flavor text implies into account here since it has to be "weak" somewhere even with 600 BST to spend.

Mega being Revolved: Garchomp-Mega
New Pokémon Name: Garshear (...whatever word the "Gar" in Garchomp comes from since Bulbapedia isn't entirely sure + "shear")
Stats: 80 HP / 121 Atk / 90 Def / 95 SpA / 90 SpD / 124 Spe
Typing:
/

Abilities: Hyper Cutter / Berserk (hidden ability)
Movepool Additions: Air Cutter, Air Slash, Fly (should maybe lose access to Dragon Dance, Earthquake, and/or Stone Edge--unsure)
Niche (truncated): A glass cannon (relatively speaking) mon that can hit rather hard on either side of the spectrum and naturally revenge kill all other Dragons save for Dragapult (which it has to heavily compete against unfortunately) as well as "safely" revenge kill non-transformed Greninja and not be Intimidated (literally) by Landorus-T.
The majority of Garchomp's Pokédex entries, even from the beginning, talk a weird amount about its ability to fly even though it never got that obviously, so I decided to try to embrace that weirdness even though it made things even more difficult, especially when it comes to wanting to include Berserk. I mostly just made a (relatively speaking) glass cannon & non-Ground version of Garchomp that can revenge kill all other living dragons naturally as well as non-transformed Greninja. This while also still being just "slow" enough that Weavile at least can revenge kill it even without, to say nothing of Dragapult. Garshear's glass cannon aspect is played up more in that it loses its immunity to Sandstorm damage, now takes 25% from Stealth Rock without Boots, and isn't getting Roost (since that would be insane with Berserk, which is why I didn't give it to Cresalagon either) just like it isn't getting Acrobatics, Dual Wingbeat, or Hurricane. I reluctantly gave it more Attack than the initial 105-110 Attack I had decided upon just because Weavile also has 120 Attack & Swords Dance while still being slightly faster and due to this needing at least a slight edge over Dragapult. Otherwise I'm unsure if it would have much of an actual niche beyond being able to get off a few hit and run (maybe Life Orb'd or even Specs) Berserked Draco Meteors by killing itself on Stealth Rock.

That said, something is probably busted here now just to due to still trying to make it worthwhile in the face of power creep, which is sadly appropriate for Garchomp-Mega given worthless it's generally been.
These are all interesting (Garchomp line does not have Dragon Dance), but I should let you note that all of these subs break the ability rules which is "Mega ability must be apart of the submission, while base family ability is recommended, but not mandatory.

Please fix these soon!

I feel like these are broken, but I'm unsure. HELP!

Mega being Revolved: Salamence
New Pokémon Name: Lunamence
Stats: 95+105+95+105+95+105=600
Typing: Dragon-Flying
Abilities: Aerilate & Intimidate (HA)
Movepool Additions: Salamence Movepool + Hyper Voice, Thrash, Strength
Niche: Hit & Run Pokemon. Explosion when you need a free switch. Also does tons of damage. Can be used Specially as well.

Mega being Revolved: Metagross
New Pokémon Name: Gigagross
Stats: 95+95+130+95+130+55=600
Typing: Steel-Psychic
Abilities: Light Metal & Tough Claws (HA)
Movepool Additions: Metagross Movepool + Recover, Seismic Toss, Night Shade
Niche: Defense Stall Boi. Can dish out hits, but not the main purpose of the pokemon.

Last edited:

G-Luke

I feel like these are broken, but I'm unsure. HELP!

Mega being Revolved: Salamence
New Pokémon Name: Lunamence
Stats: 85+115+75+115+75+135=600
Typing: Dragon-Flying
Abilities: Aerilate & Intimidate (HA)
Movepool Additions: Boomburst, Thrash, Explosion
Niche: Hit & Run Pokemon. Explosion when you need a free switch. Also does tons of damage. Can be used Specially as well.

Mega being Revolved: Metagross
New Pokémon Name: Gigagross
Stats: 125+95+130+65+130+55=600
Typing: Steel-Psychic
Abilities: Light Metal & Tough Claws (HA)
Movepool Additions: Recover, Seismic Toss
Niche: Defense Stall Boi. Can dish out hits, but not the main purpose of the pokemon.
Salamence def broken. Mon does not need more ate abuse. Take a gander at how the balanced Salamence subs look so far, and take inspiration from those. I'd nerf the speed or attacking power, and definitely ax the moves.

For Metagross I'd remove a fat chunk of HP and put it elsewhere, whether attack, spa or speed is up to you, as 125 130 130 is very very high bulk.

Last edited:
Doing reviews of the current slate

I'd still request this Mon be like roughly 110 speed. Tough Claws, a great offensive typing and oodles of coverage makes defensive counterplay difficult as is, adding that it creeps a large percent of the meta certainly won't help.

Your Garchomp sub is absolutely broken. 122 120 Dragon Dancer is not ok, and outside of that it is just a vastly better version of an A ranked Pokémon. Also Garchomp violates the Ability rules.

Your metagross also violates the ability rules but otherwise it is ok.

These are obscenely broken Pokemon. Tyraniju is Nidoking on crack cocaine. Dragon Dance absolutely decimates all that stand before it thanks to Sheer Force boosted dual STABs, and special variants tap into Tyranitar's ludicrous special movepool, one that rivals Nidoking in expanse, to crumple any semblance of a physical check. Please note that Nidoking has 85 SpA and Speed and is a A rank threat in OU. This needs a complete revamp.

Salamence is also stupidly broken. Why in the hell would you think a bulkier, faster, stronger Corviknight with access to SPIKES, Stealth Rock and REGENERATOR is in any shape or form balanced? Just like the former, this is fundamentally broken and needs a complete revamp.

These are all interesting (Garchomp line does not have Dragon Dance), but I should let you note that all of these subs break the ability rules which is "Mega ability must be apart of the submission, while base family ability is recommended, but not mandatory.

Please fix these soon!
My subs don't break the ability rules, Garchomp gets (And commonly runs) Rough Skin, while Clear body is usually the best ability on a Metagross set. They're HAs, but I don't think that counts...

G-Luke

My subs don't break the ability rules, Garchomp gets (And commonly runs) Rough Skin, while Clear body is usually the best ability on a Metagross set. They're HAs, but I don't think that counts...
It's the mega abilities that are mandatory, the base abilities are recommended. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Also that 10 attack shift isn't enough. Its DD that's the issue there.

All of the normal forms are physical attackers with low or average speed and decent bulk, imo the only way to make sidegrades and not upgrades its to make them decent special attackers with average to low speed, or make them bulky and give them recovery.

New Pokémon Name: Scartar (Scary + Tar)
Stats: 90 HP / 80 Atk / 100 Def / 125 SpA / 120 SpD / 85 Spe
Typing: Dark/Rock
Abilities: Sand Stream / Intimidate
Movepool Additions: Same move pool as Tyranitar + Glare, Parting shot, Power Gem and Meteor beam.
Niche: A strong special wallbreaker with access to glare

New Pokémon Name: Metanet (Metal + Magnet/Network)
Stats: 80 HP / 90 Atk / 95 Def / 120 SpA / 100 SpD / 115 Spe
Typing: Steel/Electric
Abilities: Tough Claws/Magnet Pull
Movepool Additions: Same move pool as Metagross + Thunderbolt, Thunder, Volt Switch.
Niche: Fast Special attacker that can trap and remove steel/flying types

New Pokémon Name: Gligon (Glide + Dragon)
Stats: 80 HP / 85 Atk / 90 Def / 125 SpA / 130 SpD / 90 Spe
Typing: Steel/Flying
Abilities: Aerilate/Limber
Movepool Additions: Same move pool as Salamence + Flash Cannon, Steel Beam, Whirlwind.
Niche: Compared to other steel/flying types this pokemon has better special bulk and special attack, can perform decently as either a special attacker or a special wall.

Mega being Revolved: Mega Garchomp
New Pokémon Name: Scawsert (Scythe + Jaw + Desert)
Stats: 90 HP / 100 Atk / 70 Def / 130 SpA / 109 SpD / 101 Spe
Typing: Dragon/Fighting
Abilities: Sand Force/Tough Claws
Movepool Additions: Same move pool as Garchomp + Focus Blast, Power Gem, Secret Sword, Close Combat.
Niche: Sand Force Special attacker or good old SD, still has that edge over base 100 speed pokemon, but its frail and has more weaknesses

Last edited:

G-Luke

48 Hour Warning! (Closing this Friday night)

Something I stress that should be noted, as these are SPLIT evolutions, these Pokemon do NOT have the same move pool as the final evolutions of the "base" mon unless stated otherwise. I'm eying subs that say "N/A" or only add 1 move, and please note that they will be treated as having the prevo's moves + what you added, so please specify that they carry the same move pool as the "base" form.

Salamence def broken. Mon does not need more ate abuse. Take a gander at how the balanced Salamence subs look so far, and take inspiration from those. I'd nerf the speed or attacking power, and definitely ax the moves.

For Metagross I'd remove a fat chunk of HP and put it elsewhere, whether attack, spa or speed is up to you, as 125 130 130 is very very high bulk.
I should have went with my gut. I edited accordingly. Thx for the help!

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
Fixed (moved 5 points to Def I think). Also, I had this shower thought that Metaclaw should get Hone Claws. Is that okay?

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
:ss/Tyranitar-Mega:
New Pokémon Name: Anarchitar ["Anarchy" + "-tar"]
Stats: 90 / 110 / 135 / 70 / 110 / 85
Typing: Rock / Fighting
Abilities: Sand Stream / Unnerve
Movepool: Tyranitar’s movepool +Close Combat, +Parting Shot, - Dark Pulse
Niche: STAB Body Press. While its defensive typing is much worse, its defensive stats are much better than Tyranitar and can pivot into Sand sweepers much easier. It can also pull of a Dragon Dance set much better with a better offensive typing and higher speed.

New Pokémon Name: Garmastic ["Gar-" + "masticate"]
Stats: 90 / 145 / 100 / 95 / 80 / 90
Typing: Ground / Dragon
Abilities: Sand Force / Strong Jaw
Movepool: Garchomp’s movepool + Ice Fang
Niche: SD sweeper. Can take advantage of Fire Fang and Ice Fang in order to hit Ferrothorn, Corviknight, and Landorus harder.

Last edited:
:ss/Tyranitar-Mega:
New Pokémon Name: Anarchitar ["Anarchy" + "-tar"]
Stats: 90 / 110 / 135 / 70 / 110 / 85
Typing: Rock / Fighting
Abilities: Sand Stream / Unnerve
Movepool: Tyranitar’s movepool +Close Combat, +Parting Shot, - Dark Pulse
Niche: STAB Body Press. While its defensive typing is much worse, its defensive stats are much better than Tyranitar and can pivot into Sand sweepers much easier. It can also pull of a Dragon Dance set much better with a better offensive typing and higher speed.

New Pokémon Name: Garmastic ["Gar-" + "masticate"]
Stats: 90 / 145 / 100 / 95 / 80 / 90
Typing: Ground / Dragon
Abilities: Sand Force / Sand Rush
Movepool: Garchomp’s movepool
Niche: Sand sweeper. Much faster, bulkier, and stronger than Excadrill, but loses out on Excadrill's Steel-typing and the defensive utility of normal Garchomp.
Okay, the first one is fine, but the second is BROKEN. With sand set up, goddamn. Nerf the Attack or Speed.

Sand Force & Choice Scarf? Yeah, broken.

Sorry for the double post, but Is it bad that G-Luke liked all the posts (except one) on this page except mine? I feel like that's a message or an attack lol.

Good job on the subs btw, pretty good so far. Keep it up! I only have 3 notes I wanna mention.

Also zxgzxg reminding you to please nerf the attack of your sub before voting or I can disqualify it, (I think I have the power to do that as a part of the council, right?) you can put those points in speed, special defense & hp, so make sure you do that! I think 115 is fine, above 125 is a nono for me though, so lover then 125.

ChoiceScarfed I believe Luke asked you to nerf the power of your garchomp, so that can get disqualified as well. Look at the other posts if you need help balancing it.

The Damned Luke also asked you to edit the abilities of your pokemon. They break the ability rules, which means mega abilities must be on the pokemon at all times. Like the others, you can get disqualified.

Alright...those are my two cents.

G-Luke

Sorry for the double post, but Is it bad that G-Luke liked all the posts (except one) on this page except mine? I feel like that's a message or an attack lol.

Good job on the subs btw, pretty good so far. Keep it up! I only have 3 notes I wanna mention.

Also zxgzxg reminding you to please nerf the attack of your sub before voting or I can disqualify it, (I think I have the power to do that as a part of the council, right?) you can put those points in speed, special defense & hp, so make sure you do that! I think 115 is fine, above 125 is a nono for me though, so lover then 125.

ChoiceScarfed I believe Luke asked you to nerf the power of your garchomp, so that can get disqualified as well. Look at the other posts if you need help balancing it.

The Damned Luke also asked you to edit the abilities of your pokemon. They break the ability rules, which means mega abilities must be on the pokemon at all times. Like the others, you can get disqualified.

I liked people's post to grab their attention and remind them on nerfs and whatever.

Also, zxg's Garchomp is fine in its current state. SD is strong but it still has enough defensive counterplay, and without Sand Rush 90 speed is pretty lackluster and can be handled by pretty much any offensive build.

As for ChoiceScarf's Garchomp, yes I agree that it's still a bit too much, as we went over it's essentially a super Garchomp.

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor

New Pokémon Name: Starietta
Stats: 135 / 55 / 105 / 75 / 130 / 100
Typing:

Abilities: Aerilate, Overcoat
Movepool: Shelgon’s Movepool + Air Cutter, Air Slash, Boomburst, Defog, Disarming Voice, Dragon Tail, Dual Wingbeat, Echoed Voice, Fly, Giga Impact, Heal Bell, Hyper Beam, Lucky Chant, Mist, Ominous Wind, Perish Song, Refresh, Roost, Sing, Swift, Tailwind, U-Turn, Yawn
Niche:
A fast wall or defensive pivot that can play as a cleric with Wish + Heal Bell. Overcoat eases its switch into mons like Tangrowth and Amoonguss, while Aerilate + Boomburst turns its base-75 SpA into something genuinely threatening, though its coverage options remain underwhelming. The typing isn’t awful but holds Starietta back, giving it a crippling ice weakness and forcing it to run boots.

Figures I screwed up something.

Please fix these soon!
I did initialy think that we had to stick with the original Mega ability like the previous slates given that is mentioned in the first post of the thread (I think), but then I saw other people not doing so and this particularly slate didn't seem to mention it, so that error happened. My bad.

All the other errors are solely my fault though. It shows how much my mind is going if I actually thought Garchomp had Dragon Dance when I posted that. Sigh. All typos have been fixed (I hope) and all mons that aren't Tyranitar-Mega have been edited. Given I ended up shuffling the three of them around more than I had originally intended due to Abilities having to change, I tried to be clear where the important edits were without going overboard since that's already obnoxiously long. Still, I can tone back the bolded "EDIT" sections if need be, especially since I finally realized while posting this and editing it again while doing so that your quote means I don't have to point out the old things anyway really--just maybe the new ones.

Either way, sorry for the trouble.

For the record, as I saw in one of the other threads on this Pet Mod subforum, apparently you can't notify more than two people at a time via a post if you don't have a badge. So your post didn't notify me at all. Not that I didn't already see G-Luke's post before you posted this. It's just that I am rarely actually on the forums and even more rarely sign in to post something.

Still, thank you for trying to notify me since you had no way of knowing any of that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)