SM OU Mega Scissors Dancing Trap Offense

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon

Sup dudes this is my second ever RMT! To check out my first one click here noobs. If you want to find me check PS in the following rooms CAP, Health and Fitness, or PU.

THE PROCESS

To start off my first ever SM OU team I knew I wanted to use Mega Scizor. I had never really touched it in ORAS and I thought now would be the perfect time to use it. Scizor has always had me interested but I just never really like how it was played in ORAS OU due to Talonflame. I decided that instead of using Bulky Pivot Scizor that Dancing Scizor would be the most fun option.

Next I added Landorus-Therian. The reason for this was because I knew that Mega Venusaur was running rampant on ladder and Scizor needed a buddy to take it out. Landorus-Therian was not only the best option for this but it also took out the likes of Heatran and other Steel types that cause Scizor problems like Mega Metagross.

In order for Scizor and Landorus-Therian to do their dancing and destroying, certain threats had to be stopped. I chose Dugtrio for this role because traps and efficiently KO's opposing threats. Dugtrio is also extremely fast and has access to Memento which not only allows it to gain momentum but also gives Scizor or Landorus-Therian a chance to set up.

I knew I now needed a Pokemon that pressured physically Offensive Pokemon as well as provided my team with a solid pivot. Tangrowth was the best Pokemon to do so with Regenerator at its disposal and large base Defense stat of 125. Tangrowth was sort of a no brainer on this one.

In order for Dugtrio to work properly a Hazard Remover was needed. My first thought was Tornadus-Therian as it provides this team more speed and can pivot into Special Attacks. I then realized that this team could be easily crippled by status. Tapu Fini was the best option in this case and it also doubles as a stall breaker with the use of Taunt.

Finally I noticed a large Tapu Koko weakness that needed to be covered. I decided to go with Alola Marowak because not only is it amazing but it can also force quite a bit of switches. Alola Marowak switches into Tapu Koko without even thinking about.
Scissors (Scizor) (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 60 Def / 124 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite

Dancing Doggo (Landorus-Therian) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Fly
- Stealth Rock

Trap Card (Dugtrio) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Screech
- Memento

FAT (Tangrowth) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 216 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The Dutchess (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Defog

Mr. HitMan (Marowak-Alola) (M) @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

THE TEAM

Scissors (Scizor) (M) @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature

- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite

Scizor plays a big part on the team as it picks up a lot of KOs at +2 attack. Scizor is also able to switch in on physical attacks it resists with its great defensive typing. Scizor is also extremely fun to use and is the whole reason why I decided to make this RMT in the first place.

Dancing Doggo (Landorus-Therian) @ Flyinium Z
Adamant Nature

- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Fly
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian is a huge part of this team with how common Mega Venusaur is now on the ladder and in Tournaments. Its also very easy to set up with as it almost always forces a switch. Landorus-Therian is able to switch into most physical attacks due to its ability Intimidate and its mediocre 90 base defense.

Trap Card (Dugtrio) (M) @ Focus Sash
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature

- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Screech
- Memento

Dugtrio is so much fun to use. Watching the opposing pokemon get destroyed by Earthquake or Reversal is simply amazing. Not only this but Momento allows Scizor or Landorus-Therian to come in and get a free Swords Dance in.

FAT (Tangrowth) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature

- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain

- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tangrowth is so fat and I think RU for giving him to OU during ORAS. Tangrowth is probably my favorite pokemon that has access to Regenerator and this is because of its base Defense stat of 125. It eats almost any physical attack you throw at it and this is what makes it great.

The Dutchess (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature

- Scald
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Defog

Tapu Fini is largely underestimated in my eyes. It is great Defensively with a nice typing and a bulk of 70/115/130. Its ability comes in handy when stopping Tapu Lele's terrain and stopping status users from crippling the team. Because of these factors Tapu Fini works extremely well with this team.

Mr. HitMan (Marowak-Alola) (M) @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature

- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

Marowak-Alola is huge on this team as it switches in on Tapu Koko and says "Fuck You." Marowak-Alola is not only good for this but with it's great attack stat and its item it allows to break through potential walls. Not only this but but it is decent defensively with a great typing and a "bulk" of 60/110/80.

CONCLUSION

The only reason why I decided to make this RMT today is because I love how fun this team is and I want others to enjoy it just as much as I did.

SHOUTOUTS

Akir You made one of the most fun metagames and you are probably my favorite person involved in PU thank you man.
Exclaimer You are the driving force for me becoming better. You should come back to CAP we miss you chica
urkerab For always being with me throughout my PS history but never actually talking in chat.
Slowbroth For being my favorite PU mod and one of the few users I trust on PS
Ria For teaching me how to do stuff when I got my Driver's license
Paradise For Giving me my Drivers License
reachzero For being a cool user

Some issues I see here is that your fastest Pokemon is Dugtrio and SubCoil Zygarde and HP Ground Volcarona are both huge threats to this team, since Tapu Fini doesn't appreciate switching in constantly into Zygarde and you currently can't revenge kill +1 Volcarona. I came up with some small changes that will considerably improve this team's weakness against the aforementioned threats and also help against more offensive teams.

To solve the problem with faster teams, I believe Landorus-T would really benefit from Rock Polish over Stealth Rock. Marowak is already a fairly solid rocker and it also pressures most of the common defoggers in the meta quite nicely. With a Rock Polish boost, you outspeed every possible scarfer in the tier with the exception of Pheromosa and Tapu Koko. That makes Landorus-T a huge threat to offensive oriented teams while still being a hard-to-stop sweeper for balanced builds.
Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

To deal with Zygarde, I recommend using HP Ice over HP Fire on Tangrowth. HP Ice allows you to break Zygarde's sub and hits offensive variants of Landorus-T much stronger than Giga Drain. Losing HP Fire shouldn't be that big of a deal since between Knock Off and Alolan Marowak you got both Ferrothorn and Scizor covered nicely.
Tangrowth (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sleep Powder
- Knock Off

My other recommendation is Stone Edge over Screech on Dugtrio. That way, Dugtrio can trap and kill Volcarona effectively, with no need of prior damage. Nature's Madness over Moonblast on Tapu Fini makes up for the Screech loss, as it allows Tapu Fini to be an effective stallbreaker and also beat stuff like Chansey (main Screech target, I believe). Also, it makes Tapu Fini much more annoying for offensive teams to deal with, since it can hit their Fairy resists for a 50% damage.
Dugtrio (M) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stone Edge
- Memento

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Defog

And the last change would be U-turn over Bug Bite on Scizor. While having 20BP less than Bug Bite, U-turn allows you to gain momentum from a Heatran or another Fire-type switch-in (Marowak, Volcarona) so Dugtrio can immediately trap them.
Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch

Really cool team man, nice work!

Last edited:
Reactions: BP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)