Ubers Mega Scizor [QC 1/1] [GP 1/1]

Fireflame

Silksong when
is a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn
- Toxic / Swords Dance

While not of the same caliber as Primal Groudon or Yveltal, Mega Scizor is still a solid Pokemon in the Ubers metagame. Mega Scizor serves as one of the best defensive Xerneas checks, able to consistently handle it with the combination of Bullet Punch and Roost. Furthermore, its ability to heal with Roost and pivot with U-turn to generate momentum and escape from Shadow Tag gives it an advantage over other Steel-type Xerneas checks like Necrozma-DM and Ferrothorn. Scizor's typing allows it to switch into defensive Toxic-reliant Pokemon like Necrozma-DM, Lugia, and support Arceus formes. Toxic enables Scizor to punish switch-ins like Primal Groudon and support Arceus formes, while Swords Dance allows Scizor to combat Z-Geomancy Xerneas. Scizor should be used alongside Pokemon that require a check to Xerneas such as Yveltal, Ultra Necrozma, and Zygarde-C. Pokemon that check Fire-types such as Arceus-Water and Arceus-Ground are also valued. Using a secondary Xerneas check like Primal Groudon with Scizor allows the two to relieve pressure off each other.

Last edited:
Just some food for thought about this Pokemon.

Furthermore, its ability to heal with Roost as well as pivot with U-turn gives it an advantage over other Steel-type Xerneas checks like Necrozma-DM and Celesteela.
I would specify how U-turn is beneficial; momentum / escaping from Shadow Tag / such and such. I wouldn't say Celesteela should be categorized as a check to Xerneas.

Pokemon that check Fire-types such as Arceus-Water and Arceus-Ground are also valued.
I'd specify the Fire-types; Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh, which I assume you already have in mind.

A secondary Xerneas check like Primal Groudon relieves some pressure off Scizor.
Uh... I'm not entirely sure about this. The reason why Steel-types like ferro and mzor are used alongside pdon are relieving the pressure off of pdon itself (such as how ferro deals with pogre and scizor deals with xern in this case).

Good stuff.

Fireflame

Silksong when
is a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Just some food for thought about this Pokemon.

I would specify how U-turn is beneficial; momentum / escaping from Shadow Tag / such and such. I wouldn't say Celesteela should be categorized as a check to Xerneas.

I'd specify the Fire-types; Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh, which I assume you already have in mind.

Uh... I'm not entirely sure about this. The reason why Steel-types like ferro and mzor are used alongside pdon are relieving the pressure off of pdon itself (such as how ferro deals with pogre and scizor deals with xern in this case).

Good stuff.
I tried to address most of this. I didn't mention specific Fire-types because the character limit has already been past, and I want to get a QC stamp before I include/take away info to maintain the character limit.

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Keeping it generalised as Fire-types is absolutely fine for a spotlight. it should be pretty obvious to the user all Fire types cause massive issues for Mega Scizor.

Mention Ultra Necrozma in the section about Pokemon that require Xerneas checks. Ultra Necrozma is an amazing wall breaker partner for Scizor and is something that usually has Xerneas issues.

QC: 1/1

Fireflame

Silksong when
Keeping it generalised as Fire-types is absolutely fine for a spotlight. it should be pretty obvious to the user all Fire types cause massive issues for Mega Scizor.

Mention Ultra Necrozma in the section about Pokemon that require Xerneas checks. Ultra Necrozma is an amazing wall breaker partner for Scizor and is something that usually has Xerneas issues.

QC: 1/1
Implemented and ready for GP. Thanks for QC checking both of my spotlights so quickly!

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Scizor @ Scizorite
Sassy Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn
- Toxic / Swords Dance

While not of the same caliber as Primal Groudon or Yveltal, Mega Scizor is actually still (i didnt expect it not to be and i have a feeling people reading this wont either) a solid Pokemon in the Ubers tier metagame (Uber = Tier, Ubers = metagame). Mega Scizor serves as one of the best defensive Xerneas checks, able to consistently handle it with the combination of Bullet Punch and Roost. Furthermore, its ability to heal with Roost and pivot with U-turn to generate momentum and escape from Shadow Tag gives it an advantage over other Steel-type Xerneas checks like Necrozma-DM and Ferrothorn. Scizor's typing allows it to switch into defensive Toxic-reliant Pokemon reliant on Toxic (subjective, i just think it flows better) like Necrozma-DM, Lugia, and support Arceus formes. Toxic enables Scizor to punish switch-ins like Primal Groudon and support Arceus formes, while Swords Dance allows Scizor to combat Z-Geomancy Xerneas. Scizor should be used alongside Pokemon that require a check to Xerneas such as Yveltal, Ultra Necrozma, and Zygarde-C. Pokemon that check Fire-types such as Arceus-Water and Arceus-Ground are also valued. Using a secondary Xerneas check like Primal Groudon with Scizor allows the two to relieve pressure off each other.
GP 1/1

this was good just the inconsistency of Scizor v Mega Scizor confused me

Fireflame

Silksong when
Scizor @ Scizorite
Sassy Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn
- Toxic / Swords Dance

While not of the same caliber as Primal Groudon or Yveltal, Mega Scizor is actually still (i didnt expect it not to be and i have a feeling people reading this wont either) a solid Pokemon in the Ubers tier metagame (Uber = Tier, Ubers = metagame). Mega Scizor serves as one of the best defensive Xerneas checks, able to consistently handle it with the combination of Bullet Punch and Roost. Furthermore, its ability to heal with Roost and pivot with U-turn to generate momentum and escape from Shadow Tag gives it an advantage over other Steel-type Xerneas checks like Necrozma-DM and Ferrothorn. Scizor's typing allows it to switch into defensive Toxic-reliant Pokemon reliant on Toxic (subjective, i just think it flows better) like Necrozma-DM, Lugia, and support Arceus formes. Toxic enables Scizor to punish switch-ins like Primal Groudon and support Arceus formes, while Swords Dance allows Scizor to combat Z-Geomancy Xerneas. Scizor should be used alongside Pokemon that require a check to Xerneas such as Yveltal, Ultra Necrozma, and Zygarde-C. Pokemon that check Fire-types such as Arceus-Water and Arceus-Ground are also valued. Using a secondary Xerneas check like Primal Groudon with Scizor allows the two to relieve pressure off each other.
GP 1/1

this was good just the inconsistency of Scizor v Mega Scizor confused me
I referred to it as Mega Scizor in the beginning and then left it as Scizor for the rest due to trying to be within the character limit. Otherwise this is implemented and finished.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)