National Dex Mega Scizor + Rockium Z Garchomp Screen HO

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting RMT on National Dex format, just 2 days ago I posted RMT on SS OU, I hope this thread was allowed to stay here. Every team I make was hyper offense, whether its OU or NatDex. This team was an upgrade from SS OU dual screen HO koko + hawlucha with sash Lando lead. So, the first 3 pokemon is the same as the standard OU team.
---
1) Suicide Lead

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
Lando is the number one pokemon both in SS OU and NatDex, the versatility of this mon was unmatched. This is the standard suicide Lando lead set. The first turn is always to setup rocks. I think stealth rock is better here on NatDex than SS OU because while this format also have boots, in NatDex every team almost have Megas or Z-Moves on their item slot. So rocks can really useful vs the mons like charizard. Earthquake is his main STAB, swords dance is to boost his attack when the enemy is flying or levitating to deal more explosion damage later.

2) Terrain & Screen Seter

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- U-turn
Tapu koko is the best screen setter, because of its speed tier and access to taunt and u-turn. Its also setup electric terrain to help hawlucha with electric seed. Reflect and Light Screen is mandatory with light clay to increase the screen turn numbers. Taunt is to prevent defogger, and u-turn for pivoting to switch into Hawlucha or other sweeper.

3) Hawlucha

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
Hawlucha is the mascot of HO, his excellent type combination in flying and fighting with both very strong STAB in acrobatics and close combat can really help his only 92 base Atk. Stone edge was coverage for zapdos or other flying types. Electric seed is good synergy with electric terrain koko to increase his Def +1 and also activate unburden that double his Spe. Swords dance is to boost his attack which can make him very hard to stop in +2Atk. 124 EV in speed is for outspeeding jolly excadrill on sand. The 96 HP and 36 SpD to survive OHKOd by moonblast for clefable
---
Things that makes NatDex better than OU is Mega, Z-Moves, and Hidden Power. So, the remaining three was consist of Mega, Z-Moves user, and Special Sweeper with hidden power.

4) Mega Sweeper

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance
Mega scizor is my chosen mega, its still retain technician ability like the base form with sharply increased bulk with slight increase in attack and speed. I choose light metal for initial ability to reduce maybe random low kick, though it will changed to technician directly when mega evolved. I choose bulky Adamanr Max Attack is to maximize bullet punch initial power without boost, while also utilize its bulk with 248 HP and 8 SpD. I don't invest any EV speed because its already have strong priority attack. Roost is to keep its longetivy that can sponge any non-fire damage behind screen. Swords dance to boost its attack to sweep, and knock off was used to remove enemy item while also deals good damage.

5) Z-Moves Sweeper

Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Scale Shot
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
This is the Rockium-Z set from gen 7 with stealth rocks replaced with scale shot. Garchomp is better in this gen because of scale shot, it can increase its speed white also dealing dragon STAB (though you must hope for good RNG) at the cost of its defense. Sword dance + Scale shot is even better than dragon dance that garchomp is lacking. It doesn't need stealth rocks because we already have sash lando. +2 Continental Crush is very very strong damage that often can OHKO gliscor from full.

6) Hidden Power Sweeper

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Quiver Dance
Volcarona is the best special sweeper everywhere. In NatDex, it can bypass its counter, Heatran with hidden power ground. This is standar offensive set Volc with Quiver Dance + 3 Attacks. The only difference is its coverage from psychic to HP ground. Heavy duty boots its mandatory items for its typing that takes 50% from rocks and also vurnerable to spikes. I choose timid over modest to speed tie with other positive base 100 speed mons like mega charizard X or other.
---
And that’s my team. this team can make me pass for Magearna suspect test one month ago. This team is straightforwardly easy to play that can be effective from low ladder beginner to middle ladder 1500s even reached top 500. I hope this team can be usable for everyone, I also really welcome for any feedback regarding this team. Here's the pokepast : https://pokepast.es/ef9e1f4940255302

Awaiting for opinion of yours everyone, thank you.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)