SM OU Mega Slowbro team

I've played this team for couple weeks for now. And it's pretty fun to play with.
1524126609215.png

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rest
- Block
- Calm Mind

Let's start off with the core of the team, which I made the team based on this pokemon. Mega-Slowbro is known for its high defense and Regenerator ability. In order to abuse it's defense stats i gave all the evs to the defense and hp, except for 44 to outs peed quagsire. The move sit I use is a set that allows me to trap pokemon like Chansey or Celesteela and calm mind until +6.
1524126630584.png

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

I chose Ferrothorn as my second pokemon, not only its being a bulky hazard setter. But also it can cover Slowbro's weakness to Grass and Electric-type's moves. And can also pivot through mons with abilities like water absorb.
1524126645607.png

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Stone Edge
- Drill Run
- Crunch

After I reviewed my team, I realized it's weakness to a bunch of Fire-type pokemons, Especially Charizard-Y, Blacephalon, and Volcarona. These Pokemons can easily break through Slowbro and Ferrothorn. So I added Lycanroc-Dusk as an answer to these mons. Tough Claws plus Choice Band gives Lycanroc some potential to sweep through some team itself.
1524126668210.png

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 104 HP / 224 SpA / 56 SpD / 124 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Mirror Coat
- Flash Cannon

This specific Magnezone has the ability to take Tapu LeLe's Fightinium Z and other moves like earth power from utility heatran. This gives this magnezone a chance to hunt these pokemon down with its mirror coat. This ev spread also allows it to function as a trapper as it out speed defensive Scizor and can 2HKO most steel-type mons with hp fire.
1524126715118.png

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I realized that the speed tier for this team is pretty low, so I decided to add a scarf Lando-T to this team. Lando brings in an overall good offensive pressure and can bring momentum with its u-turn is really nice.
1524126730055.png

Rotom-Wash @ Waterium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Last, I put in a Rotom-Wash as my defogger, waterium Z allows it to catch some pokemons off guard. Overall a pretty standard Rotom-W.

This is my Mega Slowbro team, overall this team functions pretty nice against stalls, and have answer to many threats in the ladder. and here is the link to the team http://pokepast.es/a75b8ea55e12242c

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hey, Interesting team you have. I've never seen a Slowbro set quite like this.

Although I don't think it really breaks stall, since things like Quagsire have unawware and can usually just Toxic stall or switch out until you run out of PP. Scald being the only attacking move doesn't help much either.

MAJOR CHANGES

248.png> 745-d.png: First I suggest using Banded Tyranitar over Lycanroc to help against balance and stall teams. Tyranitar is stronger and also has dark typing to boost crunch. The main loss from this change is speed and a priority user which can hopefully be fixed on the next change.

658-a.png> 479w.png: Next I changed Rotom-Wash for Waterium Z Greninja which makes up for your loss in speed and priority. Z-Hydro Pump is cool to nuke things like Sableye on stall that try to prevent spikes. You can also try Darkinium-Z to hit Toxapex and Venusaur harder.

MINOR CHANGES

080-m.pngPsychic > Block, Slack Off > Rest: I recommend using the regular CM Slowbro set. Psychic over Block helps you hit things like Venusaur, Toxapex and can OHKO Hawlucha (so it can't try setting up on you). It also hits water immune pokemon like Mantine and Gastrodon. Slack Off is probably the better recovery choice since you don't have to wait 2 extra turns.

chopleberry.png> assaultvest.png462.png: Next I changed AV Magnezone to Chople Berry, which I think has more uses. It allows you take Sacred Sword from Kartana, Focus Blast from Lele, Close Combat from Pinsir and Superpower from Bulu. You can try out Scarf Magnezone aswell but as you already have Scarf Landorus it might not be optimal.

645-s.pngDefog > Stealth Rock: Lastly I suggest using Defog on Landorus since I removed Rotom. Stealth Rock on Scarf Landorus is a bit unusual and you already have rocks on Ferrothorn.

Last Notes

To finish I just wanted to bring up that Mega-Pinsir and Bug Buzz Volcarona might become harder to deal with without priority Accelerock. So try to limit their setup chances (be careful what you lock yourself into with Band Tar and Scarf Lando).

Hopefully this was helpful. Good luck :]

Importable
~~080-m.png598.png248.png462.png645-s.png658-a.png~~​

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
I've played this team for couple weeks for now. And it's pretty fun to play with.
View attachment 111735
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Block
- Calm Mind

Let's start off with the core of the team, which I made the team based on this pokemon. Mega-Slowbro is known for its high defense and Regenerator ability. In order to abuse it's defense stats i gave all the evs to the defense and hp, except for 44 to outs peed quagsire. The move sit I use is a set that allows me to trap pokemon like Chansey or Celesteela and calm mind until +6.
View attachment 111736
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

I chose Ferrothorn as my second pokemon, not only its being a bulky hazard setter. But also it can cover Slowbro's weakness to Grass and Electric-type's moves. And can also pivot through mons with abilities like water absorb.
View attachment 111737
Lycanroc-Dusk @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Stone Edge
- Drill Run
- Crunch

After I reviewed my team, I realized it's weakness to a bunch of Fire-type pokemons, Especially Charizard-Y, Blacephalon, and Volcarona. These Pokemons can easily break through Slowbro and Ferrothorn. So I added Lycanroc-Dusk as an answer to these mons. Tough Claws plus Choice Band gives Lycanroc some potential to sweep through some team itself.
View attachment 111738
Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 104 HP / 224 SpA / 56 SpD / 124 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Mirror Coat
- Flash Cannon

This specific Magnezone has the ability to take Tapu LeLe's Fightinium Z and other moves like earth power from utility heatran. This gives this magnezone a chance to hunt these pokemon down with its mirror coat. This ev spread also allows it to function as a trapper as it out speed defensive Scizor and can 2HKO most steel-type mons with hp fire.
View attachment 111739
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I realized that the speed tier for this team is pretty low, so I decided to add a scarf Lando-T to this team. Lando brings in an overall good offensive pressure and can bring momentum with its u-turn is really nice.
View attachment 111740
Rotom-Wash @ Waterium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Last, I put in a Rotom-Wash as my defogger, waterium Z allows it to catch some pokemons off guard. Overall a pretty standard Rotom-W.

This is my Mega Slowbro team, overall this team functions pretty nice against stalls, and have answer to many threats in the ladder. and here is the link to the team http://pokepast.es/a75b8ea55e12242c
Hey, MEATgREAT, I haven't seen Slowbro in OU for ages - this is definitely a refreshingly unique team. There are some things that I would change, however.
First off, I'd change Slowbro's set to this:
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
Psychic is preferred to Psyshock as the former OHKOs Hawlucha, whereas the former does not. Slack Off is preferred to Rest as it means Slowbro is not asleep for two turns.

Next, I would change Ferrothorn to this set:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
Knock Off allows it to remove valuable items such as Leftovers, Eviolites, Assault Vests from Pokemon such as Heatran on the switch in, Chansey and Magearna. It can also remove a Choice Scarf from Kartana which could try to switch in to you thinking it walls you. This would make Kartana slower than your scarfed mon.

Next up, I am going to change Lycanroc to Heatran
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
The Will-o-Wisp is there to hit Zygarde on the switch in. A burned Zygarde is near useless against your team, but a healthy one is a massive threat, and you have no real way of dealing with one. Heatran also traps and kills Toxapex and Chansey (so long as you're at a decent amount of HP and Chansey only if it's chipped) which allows Slowbro to power through teams more easily. It also helps with the stall match up.

I would change the Landorus set also.
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Defog
Defog is to get rid of Toxic Spikes which would make Slowbro useless, and Stone Edge is for Pinsir.

Latios, Latias and their Mega counterparts are also difficult for this team to handle. I am going to switch Magnezone to Tyranitar. This is the set I would use
Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 244 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Crunch
- Pursuit
Fire Punch is so it still has the ability to handle Ferrothorn, while also being able to nail Kartana, Scizor and Magearna on the switch. Pursuit and/or Crunch is for the Latis, and Stone Edge is its most powerful STAB move which is nice for weakening things like Landorus for your own Landorus.

I am also not convinced with Rotom. It is too slow to be effective offensively, and Defog is ran on Landorus. Stall is still a bit of a problem for this team and we still have a contender in a hard hitting Waterium-Z user: Keldeo! Here is the set that I would use on this team
Keldeo-Resolute @ Waterium Z
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
Keldeo also gives you an additional win condition, which before you only had Slowbro.

I hope you like my changes. If you would like to discuss anything, please let me know :)

Reactions: DKM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)