MegaChomp Bulky Offense

Introduction
The idea behind this team was to build around Mega Garchomp, who I have never used before, to take advantage of his (apparently) incredibly wall-breaking abilities. I peaked at around 1725 with this team, which is pretty good for me, and I would really appreciate any and all advice!​

Team Preview

This is the weird land shark that I have built this team around. He is my wall breaker or stall breaker, and he easily wrecks stuff like Skarmory, Heatran, and Chansey (in sand). He can also 2hko basically any offensive mon, and destroy whole teams while sand is up. His speed drop is unfortunate, but with 252 EVs he can still out speed plenty of dangerous stuff.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Stone Edge

Since Mega Chomp was "blessed" with Sand Force (Screw u gamefreak), It needs sand up to truly wreak havoc on the ou tier. I originally tried Hippowdon, but it wasn't walling stuff very well and i just got annoyed with it. I decided on the assault vest set to absolutely destroy lati@s and to be able to defeat things like Greninja and special Thundurus. Tyranitar also serves as my Talonflame counter, and can even pursuit to do about 50%, which will almost always kill after stealth rock. The EVs are probably not right, but i wanted to make sure I would KO Gliscor and Landorus-t so i just threw on a bunch of spA.​

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SAtk / 200 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Ice Beam

I really like specs Keldeo, and I think it works nicely on this team. It kills stuff like Tyranitar and Mamoswine that would give the above two trouble, and also hits physical walls like Mandibuzz and Hippowdon for massive damage. This is the standard set, and I'm using hidden power flying over icy wind since I feel like I have enough ice coverage on this team already, and also its nice to be able to hit other Keldeo's without worrying about missing or being locked into a fighting move.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Secret Sword

upload_2014-4-29_16-47-37.jpeg

Zapdos is without a doubt one of my favorite Pokemon to use this generation. It counters Pinsir, which is awesome, and it does really well against anything that cant 2hko it, since at can use the seemingly worthless ability pressure to piss people off. It also serves as my defogger, cause hazards are annoying and I don't like losing hp all the time. I chose the defensive version, and the moveset is just the standard one.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Defog

upload_2014-4-29_16-54-36.jpeg

Ah, Aegislash. I never really used this thing until a few weeks ago, and I realized I was missing a lot. This thing's sweet typing helps it fuck up a lot of annoying shit. I wasn't really sure what to do with the movepool, so I just put flash cannon there to hit stuff like mandibuzz. I'm welcome to recommendations on the set, since most of the time this guys just ends up getting sacced.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

upload_2014-4-29_16-59-22.jpeg

I originally had Air Balloon Heatran here, but I needed a revenge killer, and I already had a Talonflame counter, so I added this monstrosity named Deoxys-Speed. The 3 moves I have are enough to revenge kill most relevant threats, and stealth rock doesn't need explanation, does it? most Importantly this thing kills keldeo, who does pretty darn well against the rest of this team, as well as Terrakion, Tyranitar, and Gengar.

Deoxys-Speed @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 240 SAtk / 16 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Stealth Rock

Oh, by the way, credit to Flan76 for recommending Deo-s over Heatran and to TFL for the Mega Garchomp set & EVs (Which I got wrong anyways and he corrected again :3)

Importable Version:
Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SAtk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Stone Edge

Deoxys-Speed @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 240 SAtk / 16 Atk
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Stealth Rock

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 56 SAtk / 200 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Ice Beam

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Secret Sword

Attachments

Last edited:
Ohai, 75. :)

Pretty nice Offensive team you got here. I only have a few suggestions.

For Tyranitar, I have a few things to say. You said you want to always OHKO Landorus T and Gliscor (which has worse special bulk than Lando, mind you). Now, instead of just saying "add more Sp. Atk, I did some calcs and with that nature you need 108 Sp. Atk EVs to always OHKO 252 HP Landorus after Rocks.

108 SpA Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Landorus-T: 336-396 (87.9 - 103.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

108 SpA Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 352-416 (99.4 - 117.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Also with Tyranitar, since you have the Mega Garchomp that loves the sand, I'd recommend a Smooth Rock item to extend the length of your sand.

Since these changes already change the EVs and general infrastructure of the set, I'd recommend that you shift the EVs to 248 HP / 108 SAtk / 152 Atk. You said the purpose of the TTar set was to stop Greninja and Thundurus, or at least help against them. Greninja, when weak to it, will be OHKOd by a Deoxys Superpower. Also, when not Dark Type or some other type like Psychic that resists Psychic, it will also be OHKOd there. So.. Deoxys S will almost always OHKO Greninja. Now, Greninja was already a huge threat to the team, so I would imagine that you had to play around it before as well as you would have to now.

Then there is the issue of Thundurus. For Zapdos, I'd recommend the EV Spread of 148 Def / 252 HP / 100 SDef / 16 Speed with a Calm nature. This allows Zapdos to still counter a Pinsir, revenging it at +2 after rocks, while also letting it do very well against special attackers like Aegislash and Thundurus.

Other than the fact that you are missing 4 EVs on your Aegislash, I don't have much else to say. Good job, 75.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)