Pet Mod Megamax (Quick Update @ Post #432)

What should the format for Megamax be?

• Stay National Dex

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Regional Dex OU with all Megas of available Pokemon being around

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Regional Dex OU with only converted Gigantamaxes existing

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pokemon Name: Coalossal
Stats: 110/160/60/110/50/120 (+80/-60/+30/-40/+90)
Other: Weight is now 999 kg
Typing: Rock/Fire
Ability: Extreme Weight (Heavy Metal clone)
New Moves: Steam Eruption, Power Gem, Bulk Up, Work Up
Competitive Description: The idea here is for Coalossal to utilize Heat Crash to deal massive damage to pretty much anything. The addition of special moves and Work Up also allow it to utilize a mixed attacking set. Not much else needs to be said here.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Pokemon Name: Coalossal
Stats: 110/160/60/110/50/120 (+80/-60/+30/-40/+90)
Other: Weight is now 999 kg
Typing: Rock/Fire
Ability: Extreme Weight (Heavy Metal clone)
New Moves: Steam Eruption, Power Gem, Bulk Up, Work Up
Competitive Description: The idea here is for Coalossal to utilize Heat Crash to deal massive damage to pretty much anything. The addition of special moves and Work Up also allow it to utilize a mixed attacking set. Not much else needs to be said here.
Now this is much better! Mind deleting ur og submission?

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
yoyoyo now that we're out here buffing shit I think it's time I give some input on the slightly underpowered megas that in no way require a buffing slate and just needs minor adjustments to truly shine:

(of the flapping variety)
I've been playing around with this guy for a while and he's just not that great. Dragon Dance sets are absolute dogshit because it's hard to force anything out consistently and when you do you'd still rather just be clicking Apple Acid to get the same effective damage boost anyways+valuable chip. With Dragon Dance being proven useless, I swapped over to U-Turn sets that proved to be much better, albeit still underwhelming. You can punch holes with Apple Acid->Relevant coverage, or just spam tinted U-Turn to break down the team. So I think a -10 SpA +10 Spe spread would help it a lot in being an offensive pivot. That and give it Dragon Hammer, it needs a good STAB that isn't suicidal lol. Also Rock Slide maybe to prevent Volc from using you as setup fodder?
TL;DR: -10 SpA, +10 Spe, +Dragon Hammer, +Rock Slide(?)

This is a do-nothing mega tbh. Can't ever imagine running it over Amoonguss on a serious team, the offensive pressure is pretty useless when most teams have consistent switch-ins to Venu's STABs+EQ and you miss out on Spore+Regen as a defensive option. As a purely offensive mon, lol 80 speed and Grass/Poison STAB. Siphon that 20 that was dumped into special attack into physical defense or speed and give this guy TSpikes to make him a much more appealing competitor to Amoonguss. That or change the secondary poison typing to something more unique to make the status immunity more notable, but that's more in line with a full rework slate.
TL;DR: +20 Def, -20 SpA or -20 SpA, +20 Spe, +Toxic Spikes

Another Mega that just isn't a cohesive concept. Serene Grace is a great ability, but when it's being used to gain access to a worse, water-type Fire Lash and spread poison as a wallbreaker (despite drawing in stuff that's almost always immune to poison), this mon is just a confusing mess. If we're sticking with the Poison typing, please give it Gunk Shot. Same concept but actually deals damage. If we're going harder, I'd make it Steel over poison and give it Iron Head. Or any other number of types with cooler secondary chance moves. Oooh, or make Corrosive Pinchers instead bypass Steel's poison immunity. Bones Ferro!
TL;DR: +Gunk Shot, -Cross Poison

Pointless mega-evo. You gain worse boots and lose speed for better attack. Very cool, especially the losing Libero bit. Make it secondary Steel-type or something to give it an actual purpose.
TL;DR: +Steel-type, Iron Head, Steel Beam

My boy's too slow!!!!! Let him outspeed Urshifu, gain potent priority, and spam Flip Turn for momentum!!!
TL;DR: -5 SpA, +5 Spe, +Aqua Jet, +Flip Turn

That's about it. Maybe eventually look at Mega Copper, being a Defiant mon that takes a million from Mandibuzz' Foul Play after a defog is incredibly cringe. We should also get a VR up soon, and some sample sets. Please keep playing ladder it's nice to find games[/spoiler]

What about Mega Rillaboom? You don't have much reason to run that over Rillaboom considering lack of Grassy Terrain and although the bulk is much nicer this comes at a much worse defensive typing and much lower speed. earl

I wish I could vote for more than 3 per Pokemon. So many good submissions this slate!

Butterfree: Tacotaco, Yung Dramps, Gravity Monkey
Coalossal: KuraiTenshi26, Cowscar, InvalidOS
Centiskorch: G-Luke, KuraiTenshi26, earl

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Butterfree: G-Luke, KuraiTenshi, Gravity Monkey
Centiskorch: zedhatool, earl, KuraiTenshi
Coalossal: Yung Dramps, earl, Cowscar

Butterfree: G-Luke, Gravity Monkey, KuraiTenshi
Centiskorch: earl, zedhatool, Gravity Monkey
Coalossal: Yung Dramps, earl, MegaFlareon

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Butterfree: Megaflareon, G-Luke, RottenInfernape
Centiskorch: earl (cool name change btw), RottenInfernape, KuraiTenshi
Coalossal: Earl, yung dramps

Butterfree: Gravity Monkey, KuraiTenshi26, Cowscar
Coalossal: Yung Dramps, KuraiTenshi26, Cowscar
Centiskorch: RottenInfernape, KuraiTenshi26, Earl

Butterfree: G-Luke, Gravity Monkey, KuraiTenshi26
Coalossal: KuraiTenshi26, InvalidOS, Cowscar
Centiskorch: zedhatool, earl, Gravity Monkey

Rock Lad: Yung Dramps, DrPumpkinz, KuraiTenshi26
Wing Lad: KuraiTenshi26, KuraiTenshi26 again because I like it that much, RottenInfernape, DrPumpkinz if my double vote doesn't count
Long Lad: KuraiTenshi26, DrPumpkinz, Gravity Monkey

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Voting is finished, let's see who has emerged victorious!

:butterfree-gmax:
Butterfree
Typing:

Stats: 60 / 15 (-30) / 110 (+60) / 110 (+20) / 130 (+50) / 70
Ability: Tinted Lens
New Movepool Additions: (Moonblast, Moonlight, Toxic)
It just needed Tinted Lens lol. A more bulky approach to Quiver Dancing than Volc's, akin to like Venomoth. The drop in attack mimicks Mega-Beedrill's.
Coalossal Sprite

Coalossal
Mega Stat Changes:
+10 Attack, -10 Special Attack
Ability: Desolate Land
New Movepool Additions: Bulk Up
Description: Rock Head was redundant with Mega Rillaboom so I decided to go a different route. Desolate Land is a humongous (and flavorful considering its descriptions of saving lives in cold waves as a giant stove of sorts) addition that makes it go from fearing Water types to laughing them off. Other than that it's now slightly stronger and now has Bulk Up to let it boost its combination of power and defense to further heights.

Centiskorch
Mega Stat Changes:
none
Ability: Magic Bounce
New Movepool Additions: Strength Sap, -Magma Storm
Description: Decently fat mon that can come in on most hazard setters and bounce them back, also has a neat immunity to toxic to facilitate setup. Strength Sap is a recovery option against stuff like Hippodown to offset the inevitable damage it will take coming in on these setters while still being generally unreliable against special attackers (thanks to base 100 HP). A set like Coil/Sap/Lash/Whip sounds pretty scary, but with a mediocre speed tier and exploitable typing it should not be able to sweep anything but the hardest of stalls. Loses to rock attacks, setters it can't safely come in on like Alowak, and the Urshifu forms. Also hates its base form and cannot exert pressure in the hazards game until its mega'd, which it optimally wants to do first turn. Easy to abuse this!

Butterfree
Gravity Monkey 17
KuraiTenshi26 15
G-Luke 14
Tacotaco 5
RottenInfernape 4
Yung Dramps 3
MegaFlareon 3
Cowscar 3
DrPumpkinz 2

Coalossal
Yung Dramps 17
KuraiTenshi26 14
InvalidOS 12
earl 12
Cowscar 7
DrPumpkinz 2
MegaFlareon 1

Centiskorch
earl 18
zedhatool 11
KuraiTenshi26 10
MegaFlareon 6
RottenInfernape 6
Gravity Monkey 6
G-Luke 5
Cowscar 2
DrPumpkinz 2

Tagging Kris and Eve to implement this on main server/Nexus respectively. We'll let the meta with these changes settle for a bit!

EDIT: In addition to these Imma implement some of the following more minor balance changes that earl suggested earlier! Make sure to get these in too coders

(Flapple)
-10 SpA, +10 Spe, +Dragon Hammer

-20 SpA, +20 Spe, +Toxic Spikes

-5 SpA, +5 Spe, +Aqua Jet, +Flip Turn, -Close Combat (useless coverage tbh)

+Gunk Shot, -Cross Poison

His suggestion for Mega Cinderace while interesting is a bit too extreme for a run-of-the-mill impromptu tweak. Keep it in mind for the next retooling slate though!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)