Other Metagames Megas For All: The Mysterious Disappearance of Friendly Ball [PET MODS]

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
I'll preface this with a link to the M4A thread, I'm posting this because I didn't get any response for a message I sent a month ago the leaders of the RMT Forums, In the past Pet Mods have had a chance to post RMT's I understand if this thread is deleted/locked, but theres no point to not take the Lead, I pinned it under "Other Metagames" Because theres not a specific tag for us, and we used to be under the Subforum of other Metagames

Howdy People, its the GOAT here, The Blazing Kicking Chicken of M4A, The Man of Many Alts, Comp Council Member Paulluxx.
With a fancy shmancy RMT.

I've been wanting to do a post here for quite awhile but really haven't had the best song for this RMT in my mind, but to fit the story I've finally decided on Blood on the Rooftops by Genesis

The Mysterious Disappearance of Friendly Ball
By Paulluxx, with Assistance from Blueray

^Link in Paste

This team was built for and won the Lycanroc-Day Teambuilding competition all the way back in May but it has proved to be one of the most consistent, and fun to play teams in my lineup. I would be remiss for neglecting it here.

"Sherwoof"

Sherwoof (Lycanroc) @ Lycanite
Ability: Down-To-Earth (Premega:Sand Rush)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
Typing:Rock/Normal

This is what the team is built around, what the Teambuilding Competition required.

The Lead of this Whodunnit murder mystery Sherwoof is an amazing cleaner, with a staggering 137 Base speed coupled with STAB Priority in Extreme Speed, its 130 Attack and Swords dance, Secondary STAB in Stone Edge, and coverage for Steels in Close Combat, Outspeeding most everything in the meta, and everything faster dead to boosted Extreme Speeds, this thing is a dominant offensive threat, sometimes able to sweep opposing teams with just a little bit of chip or free setup gained from Amoongus. All it needs is a little momentum and the Mystery is solved.

For people new to M4A Mega Lyanroc-Day has the ability Down-To-Earth which nullifies the effects of terrain allowing it to for example Spam Extreme Speed under Psychic Terrain, but its most useful role is preventing it from being revenge killed by Rillaboom, and if you're setup its just another Kill on the Board for Sherwoof.

"ThisisnotanAmogus"

ThisisnotanAmogus (Amoonguss) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 2 Spe
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Amoongus was chosen next because it is a fighting resist and water resist, that can switch into most things that threaten Lycanroc defensively, additionally sleep support provides much opportunity for setup of Lycanroc, and if Required CM Clefable
Witness number one, and Sherwoofs Right hand man, Amoongus provides a lot for this team, defensively checking threats such as Ash Greninja, and Urshifu-Rapidstrike, but its mostly here to switch into walls and sack them to sleep as to clear way for Lycanroc when its ready to sweep. It is not a suspect.

"Algorhythm"

Algorhythm (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 76 Def / 92 SpD / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost
We needed something to switch into ground moves and check electrics, so Gliscor was the best pick.
The method of solving the crime, Gliscor is here to act as glue, provide defog support, pivot, absorb status, check heatran(and electrics), and essentially do any sort of oddjobs that the rest of the team cant handle. The EV spread is my personal set, that now allows it to check physical and special attackers such as Blaziken(banded or swords dance), or Tapu Koko.

"No Missing People"

No Missing People (Thundurus) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot

Despite the ability to break past many walls with setup or sleep support, we realized in play that not everything could simply be muscled past and having a special wallbreaker to deal with everything that Lycanroc couldn't would be necessary, we experimented with many different options but eventually decided Nasty Plot Thundurus-Incarnate would be the best option definitively over Therian because we needed the speed for Garchomp, with BoltBeamKnot Coverage it is able to break through/chip any manner of physical wall, the most important one obviously being Hippowdown but various Landorus sets and Gliscor as well. There will be no more Missing People on Thundurus's watch

"Wanted"

"Wanted" (Slowbro) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Teleport
- Slack Off
- Scald
We added slowbro because we struggled against Z breaker Chomp, and Slowbro does that very well while providing Momentum and Future Sight.
Whats a physical attacker without Customary Future Sight support and Regenerator Pivoting support in a Slowtwin, thats why we wanted "Wanted". It fit the needs of the team and also baits in dark types to easily break through via Lycanroc, or sack to sleep with Amoongus. It is minspeed to slow pivot out, it also checks Physical Attackers with ease, as only a Slowbro does.

"Friendly Dead Ball"

Friendly Dead Ball (Clefable) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
The team was rather weak to Z Kommo-o and setup sweepers as a whole so Unaware Clef was a great pick for utility and as a win condition.
What else to do when things are dead, but throw out a Friendly Ball and win, Calm mind Unaware Clef is a staple because it acts as a nearly impenetrable Kommo-o Check, while also providing midgame Cleric support if needed, and lategame can sweep with ease, it also easily wins the matchup against opposing Calm Minders and other setup sweepers such as SD Garchomp, or perhaps even opposing Lycandays. Additionally its the teams best answer to Weavile.

Threat List
:weavile: : This team struggles against weavile, but it should be managable if you don't let it get in safely and keep Clefable healthy. Just outplay the Weavile user, and then get a free kill with Lycanroc

:greninja: : Similar to the one above, as long as it hasn't gotten a kill which if played right it shouldn't be able to, sleep it or giga drain it, to later just be setup fodder/free kill for Lycanroc.

Other than these 2, watch out for weird sets and keep Clefable healthy and you should be able to beat anybody.

Replays
I have many replays with this team, but Smogon doesn't let you send the replays in File Format, and Dragon Heaven rewrites the files, but if you @ me on the Megas For All discord I can provide you many of these replays.

Last edited:

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
Its been a long while, and the metagame has shifted, and changed quite a bit since I last posted this team, so I decided to stop by to show the modifications of the team I have made since.

:kyurem: : Kyurem has become one of the most dominant meta threats at the moment, partially due to my own innovations, but in Megas For All its quite a bit stronger than in natdex due to the vastly lessened presence of Mega Scizor, freeing it to run many different sets, and controlling the game even in bad Matchups. This is why I have shifted my Unaware Clef from Physically Defensive, to specially defensive, and this actually contributes quite a bit, Spedef Clefable with the Spread I have given it allows it to do decently well against one of the most annoying threats to deal with on Balances Mega Meowstic(It has access to Fairy Aura, and a great speed tier). It also still checks the physically offensive pokemon it had to prior, but it makes the team slightly weak to weavile, this is less of an issue because that actually gives Lycanroc easy entrance. And facilitates setup. Also if it switched in on a moonblast rocky helmet from slowbro, or even amoonguss can take it down.

:cinderace: : Fuck this thing, making me run Rocky Helmet on every single mon, gladly it will be banned soon if people aren't brainwashed again, but I have a good check for it in Rocky Helmet Slowbro, and if played right the clef in conjunction with the rest of the team and if the Z is baited, its not an impossible matchup.

:lycanroc:: Recently the speed tiers in the metagame got a shake up so Lycanroc is no longer among the fastest Pokemon in the metagame, but it is still incredibly fast boasting a speed tier of 117, I run Jolly on this team because its just better considering the generally low speed of the team, but Adamantc an take advantage of STAB Extreme Speed, on more offensive styles if desired.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)