Pet Mod Megas for All: V5! (Moved to V6, check post #129)

Should we distribute Gen 8 moves + TRs to NatDex mons?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last thread was made by Peef Rimgar, which was approved by Eevee General
Previously run by MaceMaster
Original thread and concept by acestriker19

Megas For All v5

Thanks to G-Luke for this amazing banner!

Welcome to the fifth edition of Megas For All! Due to certain constraints, MaceMaster is unable to continue leading this project, so I am taking his place. No real big changes outside of a change of leaders, so everything that applied in the last thread will apply to this one, at least for the time being. With that said, let's get right to the rules.

Step One: Submissions
We're gonna go through Megas, 3 or 4 at a time. The council will give a few set guidelines to go by, which includes limitations to moves and abilities gained, as well as how stat changes can be made. You can add 2 new moves to a mega, unless the amount of moves specified that more can be added. When adding new moves to your submission, please make sure that they do not end up making the mon in question broken. An ability restriction system based on the Ability Rankings present in Showdown's code, which will help in preventing Pokemon that already have a strong presence in the game from becoming overpowered as Mega Evolutions. The maximum that you can decrease the BST by is -80 total, though allowing more/disallowing less will be on a case-by-case basis based on flavor and brokeness. In general, min-maxing (decreasing one stat a lot to get more points to spend) is very much discouraged. You also can't increase HP. Other than that, you can make roughly whatever changes you want to your Mega Evolution, be it changing its stats from a special attacker to a physical wall, changing/removing its primary or secondary typing (you can't change both types), or adding moves that don't seem to fit the Pokemon at hand.

A few big things we want to prioritize this go around with the submission process: What can actually beat your submission, and what can it do that the base form can't? As a rule of thumb: if your submission requires something absurdly niche to be run (think Cofagrigus' popularity in the XY Kangaskhanite Metagame), it's likely not balanced! However, we do still want the Megas to differ from the base forms, so if you'd like to make a clear path for a Pokemon to beat a few of its checks, but not all, go for it! If your submission is too OP for the metagame, it'll be disqualified when voting comes around.

Custom abilities are banned UNLESS they are a clone of an existing ability or you provide code. This means you can have abilities like a dark -ate, a psychic Water Absorb, or a Fairy-type Heatproof, as long as the Pokemon in question has the ability level of the original ability available to it (ie. don't try and give a mon with an ability restriction of level 2 or below Dark -ate!, which would be at 4!). In addition using aspects of multiple abilities to make a new ability is tolerated. You can also make a custom ability, but must provide code for it.

Step Two: Voting
For the betterment of everyone's inboxes, we'll do simple, in thread voting. You'll vote for your top three favorite megas, in order of preference. Your first choice will receive 3 votes, your second 2, and your third 1. You may vote for yourself, but not as your first pick. You can also suggest future slates if you so desire.

Step Three: Metagame Development
This is the more tricky part because I'm not quite sure how the coding of this will go, but amidst the next submission stage, I'd like to be able to see the mega's effect in an overall metagame (and if possible, an otherwise unaltered NatDex OU with just one mega in it) would be! We could give ideas for cores, team styles, and movesets for the new megas at this point. This is a stage that can really take place for any completed mega at any time. Dynamaxing is banned entirely, as is Gigantamaxing.

Charizard-Mega
Ability: Blaze / Solar Power ---> Tough Claws
Typing: Fire / Dragon
Stats:
HP 78 ---> 78
Atk 84 ---> 130 (+46)
Def 78 ---> 111 (+33)
SpA 109 ---> 130 (+21)
SpD 85 ---> 85
Spe 100 ---> 100
BST 534 ---> 634

I feel like this is an interesting take on Charizard in that it goes for a more physical approach, whereas the base forme is more specially oriented in lower tiers. For starters, I gave it the dragon typing it so obviously deserves. To make it viable as a physical attacker, I needed to give it both a significant attack boost and some form ability which can help give it the power it would be losing without an item. I took care not to increase the speed stat so that a fair amount of Scarfers could still outspeed it after one Dragon Dance. This will most likely end up using a bulkier DD sweeper (see Gyarados) or an SD wallbreaker with scary dual stab coverage!

Mons that could beat this don't seem too hard to find, physically defensive ground mons like Hippowdon and Landorus-T can switch in fairly easily and hit it with a SE ground Stab, since it's losing the flying typing. Bulky waters could pose issues for it as well!

Here's kinda a rough concept i had for its design. Shitty I know but its just a rough idea.

Mega ~
New Ability: ~ ----> ~
New Typing: ~

New Stats:

HP: ~ ----> ~
Attack: ~ ----> ~
Defense: ~ ----> ~
Special Attack: ~ ----> ~
Special Defense: ~ ----> ~
Speed: ~ ----> ~
Base Stat Total: ~ ----> ~
New Moves: ~
Description: ~

List of abilities by ranking:
(note: Scale goes from 5 [highest] to -2 [lowest])
* Signifies you can make a brand new ability that is a clone of the original, which will hold the same ranking
5:
Arena Trap
Delta Stream
Desolate Land
Huge Power*
Moody (Banned)
Parental Bond
Primordial Sea
Pure Power*
Shadow Tag
Stance Change (note: Hard coded to Aegislash)
Water Bubble
Wonder Guard

4.5:
Beast Boost
Comatose
Dauntless Shield*
Drizzle
Drought
Electric Surge
Fur Coat*
Grassy Surge
Ice Scales
Intrepid Sword
Impostor
Libero
Magic Bounce
Magic Guard
Magnet Pull*
Prankster
Protean
Psychic Surge
Sand Stream
Simple
Speed Boost
Stakeout

4:
Adaptability
Aerilate*
Contrary
Download*
Fluffy*
Galvanize*
Gorilla Tactics*
Illusion
Misty Surge
Multiscale
Multitype (note: Hard coded to Arceus)
Neutralizing Gas
No Guard
Pixilate*
Punk Rock
Refrigerate
Regenerator
Sand Spit*
Serene Grace
Shadow Shield
Sheer Force
Snow Warning
Stamina*
Tough Claws
Triage

3.5:
Berserk*
Compoundeyes
Corrosion*
Dry Skin*
Flower Veil
Innards Out
Intimidate*
Levitate*
Lightningrod*
Mega Launcher
Mirror Armor
Mold Breaker
Moxie
Natural Cure
Propeller Tail
Sap Sipper*
Shed Skin
Soul-Heart*
Stalwart
Storm Drain*
Technician
Teravolt
Thick Fat*
Tinted Lens
Turboblaze
Volt Absorb*

3:
Air Lock
Bulletproof
Cloud Nine
Dark Aura*
Dazzling
Fairy Aura*
Filter
Flash Fire*
Forecast (note: Hard coded to Castform)
Guts
Hustle
Infiltrator
Iron Barbs
Iron Fist
Limber
Motor Drive*
Perish Body
Poison Heal*
Prism Armor
Queenly Majesty
Reckless
Rock Head
Rough Skin
Scrappy*
Skill Link
Solid Rock
Steelworker*
Strong Jaw
Sturdy
Toxic Boost*
Trace
Unaware
Wandering Spirit
Water Veil

2.5:
Aftermath
Chlorophyll
Competitive
Cotton Down
Dancer
Defiant
Early Bird
Flare Boost
Flower Gift
Gooey
Harvest
Heatproof
Marvel Scale
Merciless*
Overcoat
Quick Feet
Sand Rush
Screen Cleaner
Shield Dust
Slush Rush
Steam Engine
Surge Surfer*
Swift Swim
Synchronize
Tangling Hair
Victory Star

2:
Analytic
Anger Point
Aura Break
Bad Dreams
Blaze
Clear Body
Cursed Body
Effect Spore
Flame Body
Full Metal Body
Gale Wings*
Hydration
Immunity
Insomnia
Justified*
Long Reach
Mummy
Overgrow
Pastel Veil
Poison Point
Poison Touch
Sand Force
Soundproof
Static
Suction Cups
Swarm
Sweet Veil
Torrent
Vital Spirit
Water Compaction*
White Smoke
Wonder Skin

1.5:
Aroma Veil
Frisk
Hyper Cutter
Ice Body
Inner Focus
Liquid Ooze
Liquid Voice*
Pressure
Rain Dish
Rattled
Sand Veil
Snow Cloak
Solar Power
Super Luck
Unnerve
Weak Armor

1:
Anticipation
Battle Armor
Color Change
Cute Charm
Damp
Forewarn
Gluttony
Keen Eye
Leaf Guard
Light Metal
Oblivious
Own Tempo
Shell Armor
Sniper
Steadfast
Tangled Feet

0.5:
Big Pecks
Emergency Exit
Grass Pelt
Magma Armor
Rivalry
Stench
Wimp Out

0:
Battery
Ball Fetch
Friend Guard
Healer
Honey Gather
Illuminate
Minus
Plus
Power of Alchemy
Receiver
Ripen
Run Away
Symbiosis
Telepathy

-1:
Defeatist
Heavy Metal
Klutz
Normalize
Stall
Zen Mode (note: Hard coded to Darmanitan)

-2:
Battle Bond
Cheek Pouch
Disguise (Mega Mimikyu exclusive)
Gulp Missile
Hunger Switch
Ice Face
Magician
Pickup
Pickpocket
Power Construct
RKS System (note: Hard coded to Silvally)
Schooling (Mega Wishiwashi exclusive)
Shields Down (Mega Minior exclusive)
Slow Start
Sticky Hold
Truant
Unburden

Let me know if I should change any ability rankings.

Sheet of Megas: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FElPXiKhxTJrTJfV0rso1mPIOHlL_jUdcriBrFyswQY/edit#gid=0
Past slates: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-TFk8J7rTuvmQE-7xsiDPcqPEcrW3s5j6DJhX6T03k8/edit
Awesome tool by charizard8888 to make easy megas: https://charizard8888.github.io/Pet-Mods-Workshop/mfa.html
Discord:
https://discordapp.com/invite/fWY8Nj3
The Council:
Feel free to VM us any questions or concerns!
MaceMaster

Heavyweapons Mann

1574725287970.png
SteelixPrismGX
1574725275015.png

Feel free to PM or VM me if you want to be on the council.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Pokemon Name: Rillaboom
Stats: 100 / 150 (+25) / 125 (+35) / 60 / 100 (+30) / 95 (+10) (630 BST)
Typing:

Ability:
Gorilla Tactics
Movepool Additions: Rock Slide, Stone Edge
Design: Rillaboom's drum grows a handle and becomes a giant hammer which it holds with both hands. It also grows big, sharp front teeth.
Competitive Description: It had to be done. With Gorilla Tactics, Rillaboom basically gets a Choice Band when it Mega evolves. If you properly use this along with the base form's Grassy Surge, you can unleash utterly devastating Grass moves.

Pokemon Name: Cinderace
Stats: 80 / 131 (+15) / 110 (+35) / 65 / 110 (+35) / 134 (+15) (630 BST)
Typing:

Ability:
Goalie (Magic Bounce clone)
Movepool Additions: Close Combat, Slack Off
Design: Cinderace shifts professions and dons an American football player's outfit, or at least armor resembling one.
Competitive Description: This Mega Evolution is built to abuse Court Change. Even if you manage to get up hazards against it whether it be via a prediction or getting them up before it can Mega Evolve, it can just shift said hazards right back at you!

Pokemon Name: Inteleon
Stats: 70 / 115 (+30) / 65 / 145 (+20) / 85 (+20) / 150 (+30) (630 BST)
Typing:

Ability:
Goldeneye (Compoundeyes clone)
Movepool Additions: Focus Blast, Iron Tail
Design: The same as base, but now Inteleon's hands are solid gold. The finger it uses to shoot water also becomes longer and thinner, resembling a sniper rifle.
Competitive Description: Mega Inteleon desintegrates all foes that don't resist its STAB by tossing off much more accurate Hydro Pumps. It also has coverage like Focus Blast, Iron Tail and Blizzard to ward off anything else.

Last edited:
Pokemon Name: Cinderace
Stats: 80/131/85/125/85/124 (+15 Atk, +10 Def, +60 SpA, +10 SpD, +5 Spe)
Type: Fire
Ability: Libero
Movepool Additions: Discharge, Spark
Design: This Pokemon acquires flaming boots with which it kicks the foe. Its ears gain a flame shape, turning orange like its headpiece, and its headpiece is now actually on fire. Its torso has blue and yellow "padding" over the entirety of it, complete with gloves similar to those of a soccer player.
Competitive Niche: Fast mixed Libero user, not much to say here.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
So I dunno if this is a concern Heavyweapons Mann is already aware of, but I'd just like to point out that 5/7ths of the current council haven't been on Smogon for over a year, with 2/7 having been absent for over 2 years. OP and MaceMaster are the only exceptions to this.

So I’ve been thinking. Should I remove Z-moves or keep them? (Mostly because those are snapped in Gen 8)
Aren’t there megas here? I thought this was a NatDex format. It would seem right to keep them.
While I’m here, I must as well submit megas. Expect my subs to be up by the end of the day.

1574656891837.png

Mega Inteleon
New Ability: Torrent/Sniper —> Illusion
New Typing:
1574656642587.gif
1574656666134.gif

New Stats: 70 / 115 (+30) / 70 (+5) / 145 (+20) / 80 (+15) / 150 (+30) (BST 630 (+100))
New Moves:
Design: Same design, but cloaked and with a mask.
Competitive Niche: Illusion is a unique tool that allows Pokemon with it to pretend to be another. In the case of Intelleon, such an ability could make foes use the wrong attacks against it, such as a Psychic-type attacks against a Hawlucha... not doing anything? Increased Speed and Attack makes for a fast U-Turn user which hits hard, while also outspeeding key opponents. While discouraged, a Physical set can also be run to take advantage of several moves like Sucker Punch and Icicle Spear. However, it is walled by Ferrothorn and Toxapex, with nothing to hit them with, except Air Slash for Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn, meanwhile, can hit back with a strong Power Whip.

Intelleon @ Intellite
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Snipe Shot / Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse / Air Slash
- U-turn

1574656867152.png

Mega Cinderace
New Ability: Blaze/Libero —> Libero
New Typing:
1574656697573.gif

New Stats: 80 / 136 (+20) / 80 (+5) / 106 (+40) / 80 (+5) / 141 (+30) (BST 630 (+100))
New Moves: Superpower, Close Combat
Design: Same design, but with fists and feet covered with fire.
Competitive Niche: With the removal of Greninja from the dex, the unique role it held was left empty... until Cinderace came along! Improved stats upon Mega-Evolution makes it harder while still retaining the unpredictability of Greninja and Cinderace. With blisteringly high Attack and Speed stats, Cinderace can now outspeed and KO far more opponents than ever before. However, it cannot hit Toxapex, and Toxapex can use Scald, which can cause Burns if it decides to use another move, so it is forced to remain Fire-type and take Super-effective Scalds to its face.

Libero Attacker

Cinderace @ Cinderite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball / Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick / Close Combat
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt / Gunk Shot / Iron Head

Utility

Cinderace @ Cinderite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
-Court Change
-U-turn
-Taunt / High Jump Kick / Close Combat
-Pyro Ball / High Jump Kick / Close Combat

Last edited:
Mega Rillaboom

Ability -
Overgrow; Grassy Surge → Heart Of The Jungle (Grass Pelt Clone—Attack is 50% higher in Grassy Terrain.)
HP - 100 → 100
Atk - 125 → 164 (+39)
Def - 90 → 160 (+70)
SpA - 60 → 60
SpD - 70 → 61 (-9)
Spe - 85 → 85
BST - 530 → 630 (+100)

Megastone → Rillaboomite
Movepool Additions → Slack Off, Belly Drum
Competitive Analysis → Gains a hefty defense boost and it's Attack goes to absurd levels with Heart Of The Jungle. However, it's only a one-time thing as Grassy Terrain will wear off in a mere 5 turns. With low Speed it's not hard to just force Mega Rillaboom out and it's therefore a lot less threatening.

Mega Cinderace

Ability -
Blaze; Libero → Centravanti (Stamina Clone—Raises Attack by one stage upon getting hit.)
HP - 80 → 80
Atk - 116 → 149 (+33)
Def - 75 → 85 (+10)
SpA - 65 → 85 (+20)
SpD - 75 → 85 (+10)
Spe - 119 → 146 (+27)
BST - 530 → 630 (+100)

Megastone → Cinderite
Movepool Additions →
Competitive Analysis →
Losing Libero sucks but this is to make up for the higher stats. It's ability is good but it's nothing groundbreaking. It still keeps Court Change and that broken ass Pyro Ball so I can see it being good.

Mega Inteleon

Ability -
Torrent; Sniper → Sharpshooter (Mega Launcher clone—"Shot" and "Gun" moves are twice as strong. Mirror Shot, Mud Shot, Searing Shot, Snipe Shot and Water Gun.)
HP - 70 → 70
Atk - 85 → 95 (+10)
Def - 65 → 75 (+10)
SpA - 125 → 149 (+24)
SpD - 65 → 91 (+26)
Spe - 120 → 150 (+30)
BST - 530 → 630 (+100)

Megastone → Intelite
Movepool Additions → Mirror Shot, Parting Shot
Competitive Analysis → Sharpshooter makes Snipe Shot stupidly strong. Mud Shot is a nice coverage move for Toxapex and Mirror Shot is reasonable neutral coverage. But most bulky water-types can still shrug off the damage from Mega Inteleon.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
1574646545581.png

rillaboom-mega
1574646579174.png
1574646592076.png

ability: gorilla tactics
hp: 100
atk: 160 (+35)
def: 130 (+40)
spa: 75 (+15)
spd: 70 (+0)
spe: 95 (+10)

movepool additions: parting shot, power-up punch

comp analysis: access to gorilla tactics would make rillaboom-mega a menacing wallbreaker. grass and fighting isn't the greatest type combo out there offensively and defensively, but gorilla tactics should still make it punch holes into teams.

flavor: it stands on a floating drum, carrying another drum on its back and having a smaller drum in its hand. mega rillaboom's hair stands up now (looking like a super saiyan) and its eyes are entirely red.

1574646969021.png

cinderace-mega
1574646981239.png

ability: libero
hp: 80
atk: 166 (+50)
def: 85 (+10)
spa: 65 (+0)
spd: 100 (+25)
spe: 134 (+15)

movepool additions: wild charge, trop kick

comp analysis: with a colorful movepool, high speed, power, and libero, mega cinderace would have an amazing matchup against offensive teams. its average 80/85/100 bulk and weakness to stealth rock would be its main weakness, but it can become highly unpredictable with moves such as hjk, wild charge, pyro ball or u-turn at its disposal.

flavor: it'd be a larger cinderace with overall larger limbs. mega cinderace would gain a fiery cape that changes in color as it waves

1574647379699.png

inteleon-mega
1574647397559.png
1574647459848.png

ability: infiltrator
hp: 70
atk: 95 (+10)
def: 105 (+40)
spa: 169 (+44)
spd: 95 (+35)
spe: 91 (-29)

movepool additions: dragon pulse, draco meteor

comp analysis: mega inteleon would use its strong water and dragon stabs to bust holes into slower teams.

flavor: it becomes much larger in size, taking on more of a dragon-like look. its yellows turn to a deep purple​

I am looking for new council members as the old ones are extremely inactive and MaceMaster is more focused on 1v1 as far as I know.

Meow wow I don’t think you even bothered to read the OP at all. You can’t change HP, the net gain for BST is over 100 and Huge Power is a 5 while the limit is 4. Unless you change your submission to not be broken, it’ll be disqualified when voting happens.

Mega Cinderace
Type: Fire => Fire/Fighting

HP: 80
Atk: 116 => 140 (+34)
Def: 75 => 80 (+5)
SpA: 65 => 101 (+36)
SpD: 75
Spe: 119 => 144 (+25)
New Moves: Ice Punch, Thunder Punch
Description: Fast Physical Mega Loppuny-esque attacker that gets STAB on all its moves thanks to Libero. Cinderace can also try and run a mixed set as well with its buffed its increased SPA.

Mega Rillaboom
Type: Grass => Grass/Rock
Ability: Rock Head

HP: 100
Atk: 125 => 155 (+30)
Def: 90 => 110 (+50)
SpA: 60 => 50 (-10)
SpD: 70 => 100 (+30)
Spe: 85 =>
New Moves: Stone Edge, Head Smash
Description: Incredibly bulky Physical Attacker that can fire off powerful recoil-less STAB moves in Wood Hammer and Head Smash. Wood Hammer can be even more devastating if Grassy Terrain is the gorilla's pre-mega ability. (Yes, a new Rock typing is a terrible pun on how Rillaboom's a drummer for a Rock band.)

Mega Intelleon
Type: Water => Water/Ghost
Ability: Sleuth
(Trace clone)
HP: 70
Atk: 85 => 130 (+ 45)
Def: 65 => 75 (+10)
SpA: 125 => 145 (+20)
SpD: 65 => 75 (+10)
Spe: 120 => 135 (+15)
New Moves: Shadow Sneak, Energy Ball, Shadow Claw
Description: Water/ghost Mega Alakazam that's a mixed attacker.

Last edited:
Only got a Rillaboom for now, will update post if I think of anything for Cinderace or Inteleon before the end of the submission phase.

Mega Rillaboom
New Ability: Overgrow (Grassy Surge) ----> Earthen Beat (Ground -ate/-ize clone)
New Typing: Grass/Ground

New Stats:
HP: 100 ----> 100
Attack: 125 ----> 130 (+5)
Defense: 90 ----> 110 (+20)
Special Attack: 60 ----> 105 (+45)
Special Defense: 70 ----> 100 (+30)
Speed: 85 ----> 85
Base Stat Total: 530 ----> 630 (+100)
New Moves: Spikes, Slack Off
Description: Rillaboom has a decent number of special-based moves to toy with, but base form lacks the special attack to use them. 105 base still isn't amazing, but it can at least do some neat techs like one of the strongest Boombursts in the game. The whole "Drum Beating using Roots" thing means that a ground type isn't too farfetched, and the two types work well together. Sure, Earthquake might be weakened by Grassy Terrain, but Earthen Beat provides a way around this by just turning Normal moves into Ground moves.

Designwise, I'm just imagining the drum being a lot bigger and complex, with Rillaboom only getting a little more grass hair on it.

Mega Rillaboom

Ability -
Overgrow; Grassy Surge → Heart Of The Jungle (Grass Pelt Clone—Attack is 50% higher in Grassy Terrain.)
HP - 100 → 100
Atk - 125 → 164 (+39)
Def - 90 → 160 (+70)
SpA - 60 → 60
SpD - 70 → 61 (-9)
Spe - 85 → 85
BST - 530 → 630 (+100)

Megastone → Rillaboomite
Movepool Additions → Slack Off, Belly Drum
Competitive Analysis → Gains a hefty defense boost and it's Attack goes to absurd levels with Heart Of The Jungle. However, it's only a one-time thing as Grassy Terrain will wear off in a mere 5 turns. With low Speed it's not hard to just force Mega Rillaboom out and it's therefore a lot less threatening.

Mega Cinderace

Ability -
Blaze; Libero → Centravanti (Stamina Clone—Raises Attack by one stage upon getting hit.)
HP - 80 → 80
Atk - 116 → 149 (+33)
Def - 75 → 85 (+10)
SpA - 65 → 85 (+20)
SpD - 75 → 85 (+10)
Spe - 119 → 146 (+27)
BST - 530 → 630 (+100)

Megastone → Cinderite
Movepool Additions →
Competitive Analysis →
Losing Libero sucks but this is to make up for the higher stats. It's ability is good but it's nothing groundbreaking. It still keeps Court Change and that broken ass Pyro Ball so I can see it being good.

Mega Inteleon

Ability -
Torrent; Sniper → Sharpshooter (Mega Launcher clone—"Shot" and "Gun" moves are twice as strong. Mirror Shot, Mud Shot, Searing Shot, Snipe Shot and Water Gun.)
HP - 70 → 70
Atk - 85 → 95 (+10)
Def - 65 → 75 (+10)
SpA - 125 → 149 (+24)
SpD - 65 → 91 (+26)
Spe - 120 → 150 (+30)
BST - 530 → 630 (+100)

Megastone → Intelite
Movepool Additions → Mirror Shot, Parting Shot
Competitive Analysis → Sharpshooter makes Snipe Shot stupidly strong. Mud Shot is a nice coverage move for Toxapex and Mirror Shot is reasonable neutral coverage. But most bulky water-types can still shrug off the damage from Mega Inteleon.
All 3 of these seem broken. Mega Rillaboom has the bulk to Belly Drum, Slack Off, and then KO anything with Wood Hammer for 3 turns. It's weak on the Sp Def side but you can come in on a Physical Attacker. It also has 85 speed, which isn't slow. Mega Cinderace is like a Fire-type Protean Greninja that can Mega Evolve into Greninja-Ash. Just saying that makes me realize how broken that sounds. Mega Inteleon is like, well, Greninja-Ash. Except it doesn't get Specs locked. Can someone do calcs on Pex to see if it 2HKOs? Of the 3, Inteleon is the weakest due to it having a shallow movepool, but the other two may be too much for the metagame.

Idk, they seem very minmaxed. If you distrubuted the stats in a more well-rounded way, that would keep them from being borderline broken. I wanted to bring this up because I like your submissions and I think if they are deemed OP you can still change them before the next phase.

All 3 of these seem broken. Mega Rillaboom has the bulk to Belly Drum, Slack Off, and then KO anything with Wood Hammer for 3 turns. It's weak on the Sp Def side but you can come in on a Physical Attacker. It also has 85 speed, which isn't slow. Mega Cinderace is like a Fire-type Protean Greninja that can Mega Evolve into Greninja-Ash. Just saying that makes me realize how broken that sounds. Mega Inteleon is like, well, Greninja-Ash. Except it doesn't get Specs locked. Can someone do calcs on Pex to see if it 2HKOs? Of the 3, Inteleon is the weakest due to it having a shallow movepool, but the other two may be too much for the metagame.

Idk, they seem very minmaxed. If you distrubuted the stats in a more well-rounded way, that would keep them from being borderline broken. I wanted to bring this up because I like your submissions and I think if they are deemed OP you can still change them before the next phase.
yeah i feel like i could have gone overboard with these. but then again this metagame is full of broken pokemon already so it's a bit hard to judge what would be too much and what would not. i'll see if i can tone 'em down though, thanks!

Contributed to this before, so I will do it again.

Mega Rillaboom
New Ability: Overgrowth / Grassy Surge ----> Adaptability
New Typing: Grass / Fighting

New Stats:

Attack: 125 ----> 150 (+25)
Defense: 90 ----> 130 (+40)
Special Attack: 60 ----> 60
Special Defense: 70 ----> 105 (+35)
Speed: 85 ----> 85
Base Stat Total: 530 ----> 630
New Moves: Close Combat, Stone Edge
Design: As Mega Rillaboom, it now has a grassy cape on its back, and there are now wooden gauntlets covering its fists. There is also a green mask covering its eyes.
Description: Gaining a new, more powerful offensive typing as well as some more attack and bulk, Rillaboom is basically a weaker Mega Heracross that has a better ability that makes its STABs even more powerful as well as significantly better bulk, not to mention slightly better speed. When used alongside the base form's Grassy Surge, it's "hasta la vista, baby" for the opposing team. It's held back by its average speed, somewhat lacking defensive typing, and a rather nasty case of 4MSS, having to pick between Earthquake / Knock Off for Gengar and Aegislash or Stone Edge for Mandibuzz and Pelipper.

Mega Cinderace
New Ability: Blaze / Libero ----> Libero
New Typing: Fire / Fighting

New Stats:

HP: 80 ----> 80
Attack: 116 ----> 141 (+25)
Defense: 75 ----> 90 (+15)
Special Attack: 65 ----> 90 (+25)
Special Defense: 75 ----> 85 (+10)
Speed: 119 ----> 144 (+25)
New Moves: Knock Off, Stone Edge
Design: As Mega Cinderace, its hands have red and blue gloves, and its feet become flaming boots. Its overall outfit changes to resemble more of an American soccer player.
Description: It still retains Libero, so that's one thing. But anyways, Cinderace doesn't too bad of a job at what it does - being a physical Greninja on steroids. Thanks to keeping Libero, it now gains STAB on any move it uses, which lets it hit hard and makes it hard to check defensively, while also retaining good coverage as well. Those improved attacking stats as well give it a lot of power to its physical attacks, while a passable special attack stat lets it viably go mixed as well. Of course, that defensive typing of its isn't that good, which, despite giving it a neutrality to Stealth Rock, adds more weaknesses to pokemon such as Corviknight and Mega Espeon, while its bulk still isn't that impressive, leaving it easily KOed by strong neutral attacks.

Mega Inteleon
New Ability: Torrent / Sniper ----> No Guard
New Typing: Water / Dark

New Stats:

HP: 70 ----> 70
Attack: 85 ----> 125 (+40)
Defense: 65 ----> 70 (+5)
Special Attack: 125 ----> 145 (+20)
Special Defense: 65 ----> 70 (+5)
Speed: 120 ----> 150 (+30)
New Moves: Knock Off, Focus Blast
Design: As Mega Inteleon, its overall body design remains the same, however, the membranes on its back become black, and the "finger guns" on each of its hands become slightly longer and thinner at the ends to look more like a sniper. The membrane on its head splits into two, smaller, membranes.
Description: Despite the fact it STILL doesn't get Protean, Inteleon at least gets a more beneficial ability in No Guard, which lets its Hydro Pumps and Focus Blasts always hit, allowing it to dish out constant damage to whatever's in front of it. In addition to this, it has a relatively high physical attacking movepool, which makes mixed variants possible as well. However, keep in mind that No Guard is a double-edged sword - while powerful offensively, it exacerbates its low defenses, meaning that all moves that are used against it will hit, leaving Inteleon easily KOed by more powerful offensive threats. Moreover, if it doesn't KO whatever's in front of it, you're pretty much good as dead, which can happen quite often against pokemon like Ferrothorn, forcing it to rely on prior damage to achieve KOes on more defensive pokemon.

Also, Heavyweapons Mann, I want to apply for the MFA council. I've made quite a bit of contributions to this thread, and even if most of them never become reality, this Pet Mod has really inspired me to contribute to other Pet Mods. Without this, I would not have considered looking at this part of Smogon. Thank you, as well as all the past owners of other iterations of this Pet Mod, for creating such a wonderful and fantastic project.

Mega Rillaboom
New Ability: Overgrowth/Grassy Surge ----> Drummer (Punk Rock clone)
New Typing: Grass/Normal

New Stats:

Attack: 125 ----> 135 (10+)
Defense: 90 ----> 115 (25+)
Special Attack: 60 ----> 110 (50+)
Special Defense: 70 ----> 95 (25+)
Speed: 85 ----> 75 (10-)
Base Stat Total: 530 ----> 630 (100+)
New Moves: Synthesis, Heal Bell
Description: Mega Rillaboom changes itself from a terrain setting (or at least until their HAs are released) scarfer to support its team with Grassy Terrain and powerful Wood Hammers into a bulk self sufficient attacker that abuses its terrain for a bit as well as the Punk Rock clone it has. It may be slower and its Wood Hammer is weaker than CB (especially after terrain is gone), but it has bulk and STAB Punk Rock Boomburst, which hurts anything that isn’t Ghost or resistant to Normal. It also still has Physical options like Swords Dance, which its incredible bulk allows it to set up often. It can also take on the role as a Cleric with Heal Bell or use it to heal burns.

Mega Cinderace
New Ability: Blaze/Libero ----> Mold Breaker
New Typing: Fire/Electric

New Stats:

Attack: 116 ----> 146 (30+)
Defense: 75 ----> 85 (10+)
Special Attack: 65 ----> 90 (25+)
Special Defense: 75 ----> 85 (10+)
Speed: 119 ----> 144 (25+)
New Moves: Zing Zap, Rapid Spin
Description: The design philosophy of Mega Cinderace is to make an Ash-Greninja Like form, but physical. There isn't much to say other than I gave Cinderace Electric STAB instead of Dark and I also give it Rapid Spin instead of Spikes for that utility. Mold Breaker also prevents Flash Flare, Volt Absorb, and more. Libero still as its use, just like regular Greninja did in SM/USUM.

Mega Inteleon
New Ability: Torrent/Sniper ----> Super Luck
New Typing: Water/Ghost

New Stats:

Attack: 85 ----> 95 (10+)
Defense: 65 ----> 80 (15+)
Special Attack: 125 ----> 155 (30+)
Special Defense: 65 ----> 95 (30+)
Speed: 120 ----> 135 (15+)
New Moves: Nasty Plot, Coil
Description: This one probably need the biggest boost since it has such a limiting move pool to work off of. I still wanted to use its James Bond motif which included Sniper, so why not have another ability related to crits? Super Luck fits well with the theme and combos well with Inteleon's signature move. I just added Nasty Plot for SpA boost, which would be very useful, and Coil was the most thematically accurate way to boost accuracy too.

Mega Rillaboom
New Ability: Overgrow/Grassy Surge ----> Intimidate
New Typing:
---->

New Stats:

Attack: 125 ----> 160 (+35)
Defense: 90 ----> 110 (+20)
Special Attack: 60 ----> 70 (+10)
Special Defense: 70 ----> 90 (+20)
Speed: 85 ----> 100 (+15)
New Moves: Rock Slide, Whirlwind
Description: Mega Rillaboom's drum doubles and the two drums become attached to its drumsticks, so it's dual wielding drum hammers. The leaves on its body grow and encase it in samurai-like armor. Mega Rillaboom is a powerful physical attacker, especially if it sets up Grassy Terrain and/or Swords Dance. Intimidate gives it more set up opportunities against physical attackers. Wood Hammer is its main STAB, doing massive damage to anything that doesn't resist it, while High Horsepower is its Ground STAB. It gains Rock Slide to hit Flying-types, and Whirlwind can be used to blow away special attackers that don't care about Intimidate.
Its main weaknesses are that Rock Slide is its strongest move against Flying-types, and its new Ground typing comes with a 4x Ice weakness, leaving it particularly vulnerable to Ice Beams due to its lower special bulk. Base 100 speed is good against defensive teams but not great against offense, so it can be easily outsped and hit before it can do anything. Outside of Grassy Terrain, it gets no reliable recovery, so it is prone to being worn down.

Mega Cinderace
New Ability: Blaze/Libero ----> Libero
New Typing:
---->

New Stats:

Attack: 116 ----> 141 (+25)
Defense: 75 ----> 110 (+35)
Special Attack: 65 ----> 65
Special Defense: 75 ----> ~100 (+25)
Speed: 119 ----> 134 (+15)
New Moves: Wild Charge, Body Press
Description: Mega Cinderace becomes surrounded in flames that make it resemble an American football player, complete with helmet and pads on the shoulders and knees. This new body armor protects it from attacks while also allowing it to tackle and ram opponents. Cinderace's dex says it's skilled at both offense and defense, so here you go, a Protean clone Libero user with both offensive and defensive capabilities. Its new moves relate to its new American football player theme, with Wild Charge giving it a new attack type to work with. With a decent spread of physical moves like Pyro Ball, High Jump Kick, Gunk Shot, Sucker Punch, and Wild Charge, Mega Cinderace can deal good damage while taking hits with good prediction.
However, Mega Cinderace still doesn't have reliable recovery, so it will be eventually worn down from taking too many hits. It is also vulnerable to status, especially burn, if it isn't the right type to be immune to getting it.

Mega Inteleon
New Ability: Torrent/Sniper ----> No Guard
New Typing:
---->

New Stats:

Attack: 85 ----> 110 (+25)
Defense: 65 ----> 75 (+10)
Special Attack: 125 ----> 150 (+25)
Special Defense: 65 ----> 80 (+15)
Speed: 120 ----> 145 (+25)
New Moves: Thunderbolt, Thunder
Description: Mega Inteleon's membranes enlarge and become spiky thunderbolt shapes, and it gains an electrical cape on its back. It can now fire off thunderbolts from its fingertips which never miss their target, preventing them from escaping. Mega Inteleon is a very fast special attacker that can fire off No Guard Hydro Pumps, Blizzards, and Thunders with its base 150 special attack. Get it under Electric Terrain and rain and it becomes terrifying.
It has relatively low bulk and No Guard also ensures opponents' attacks will hit it, so it depends on being able to knock out whatever is in front of it to avoid taking a hit. It frankly doesn't need much more outside of its aforementioned moves, but this leaves it predictable. Aside from Sucker Punch, it is vulnerable to opposing priority users.

So right now I have only something for rillaboom, if I manage to find cool mega evos for the others I will edit my post.

Mega Rillaboom
New Ability : Overgrow/Grassy Surge ----> Skilled Drummer (A strong jaw clone that let it boost all hammer type moves(*) by 50%)
Typing : Grass

New Stats :

Attack: 125 ----> 158 (+33)
Defense: 90 ----> 115 (+25)
Special Attack: 60 ----> 82 (+22)
Special Defense: 70 ----> 100 (+30)
Speed: 85 ----> 75 (-10)
Base Stat Total: 530 ----> 630 (+100)

New Moves : Ice Hammer, Crabhammer
Design : This pokemon is now bigger and bulkier, with a proportionally bigger upper body and bigger arms compared to his base form. His leaf green hair grows even more and now covers all his back, a bit as the same manner as the most dominant gorillas having silver hair covering their back. He now has two patches on his chest that are very similar to tomtom drums and produces roughly the same sound when he beast his chest (again very similar to irl gorillas behavior). He has now two drums stick and they have become way thicker (about 75% the diameter of the upper feet of the base form drum). Finally, he now has 3 drums, a massive one about his size on the side, and two drums about the size of the base form one, on each side of the big drum.
Description : With a great boost on attack, a new ability and the two new moves he learnt, drillaboom becomes a fearsome wallbreaker that very few pokemon are able to switch into, especially in grassy terrain. Moreover, his boosted move, drum beating, allows him to outspeed pokemons up to 120 base speed with 252+ investment when he his adamant, and pokemons up to 139 base speed when he his jolly, making him a real headache for offensive teams to beat. And with his excellent 100/115/100 bulk, even when uninvested, he can take one super effective hit from moderately powerful attackers and retaliate very hard. However, when the grassy terrain fades away his grass STABs can be deal with more easily and his lack of passive recovery, his poor typing and very slow speed for an offensive pokemon make it very hard for him to switch in into attacks, and he his very easy to revenge kill after some prior damage. But overall he will almost always pull one or several kills before being taken down and his ability to threaten all types of team is invaluable.

(*) : The hammer type moves are comprised of : Bone Club, Crabhammer, Bone Rush, Hammer Arm, Wood Hammer, Dragon Hammer, Ice Hammer, Shadow Bone and Drum Beating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)