Pet Mod Megas for All v6 (Slate 11 - Chandelure, Bisharp, Gothitelle, Conkeldurr)

Should we start metagame development?

• Yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why don’t you just give me a chance? I know I’m new but I can change.
Dude, when I first joined Smogon, I was kinda in the same boat as you. I often posted without lurking beforehand, earning the ire of a fellow users. But I learned how to read the context of the thread carefully and see all the posts explaining the proper method to participate. As a result, I ended up leading 3 pet mods back in Gen 7 and contributed to nearly half of them. So what I recommend is to stop impulsively posting and see how more experienced users lead their mods, then try to take it slow. Do this, and I guarantee people will never leave your council again.

Dude, when I first joined Smogon, I was kinda in the same boat as you. I often posted without lurking beforehand, earning the ire of a fellow users. But I learned how to read the context of the thread carefully and see all the posts explaining the proper method to participate. As a result, I ended up leading 3 pet mods back in Gen 7 and contributed to nearly half of them. So what I recommend is to stop impulsively posting and see how more experienced users lead their mods, then try to take it slow. Do this, and I guarantee people will never leave your council again.
Thanks for the advice! You don’t know how much I had done when I joined Smogon. In fact, I got TWO Lurk Mores in one day, and one a few weeks later. I even got an ICBB for a while LOL

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
I'm gonna say what I said in the Discord, because I think it really needs to be brought up in a more direct manner.

Imperial, I know you mean well, but you really, really need to consider what you're saying, what you're doing, and how you're doing it. Based on what I've seen of your management, you're seldom listening to people, aren't planning ahead very well, and are mitigating people's concerns through using your age as an excuse. You know full and well what you signed up for when you chose to lead this long-going Pet Mod, and it's important that you realize there is responsibility that comes with your mantle. As the new leader, you also need to consider the people's concerns and think through your actions, but moreover, talk to your council and communicate with people instead of making sudden, rash decisions on your own, which is what it seems like you've been doing.

That being said, I'm more than willing to help if you need it, and I know that the others here are as well, because this mod means a lot to those who have partaken in it over the years and you also genuinely mean well. Though, I'm afraid that if things keep going the way they are, people will lose interest and move on given the current state of things; you need to communicate and listen as a leader. I'm honestly okay with you continuing to lead, because I don't believe age is indicative of anybody's capacity to do anything, but there needs to be change in how you're managing the mod. You need to stop using your age as an excuse to downplay the sentiment of people's concerns and arguments, as well as listen to those with concerns, convene with your council, and take responsibility.

Last edited:
I'm gonna say what I said in the Discord, because I think it really needs to be brought up in a more direct manner.

Imperial, I know you mean well, but you really, really need to consider what you're saying, what you're doing, and how you're doing it. Based on what I've seen of your management, you're seldom listening to people, aren't planning ahead very well, and are mitigating people's concerns through using your age as an excuse. You know full and well what you signed up for when you chose to lead this long-going Pet Mod, and it's important that you realize there is responsibility that comes with your mantle. As the new leader, you also need to consider the people's concerns and think through your actions, but moreover, talk to your council and communicate with people instead of making sudden, rash decisions on your own, which is what it seems like you've been doing.

That being said, I'm more than willing to help if you need it, and I know that the others here are as well, because this mod means a lot to those who have partaken in it over the years and you also genuinely mean well. Though, I'm afraid that if things keep going the way they are, people will lose interest and move on given the current state of things; you need to communicate and listen as a leader. I'm honestly okay with you continuing to lead, because I don't believe age is indicative of anybody's capacity to do anything, but there needs to be change in how you're managing the mod. You need to stop using your age as an excuse to downplay the sentiment of people's concerns and arguments, as well as listen to those with concerns, convene with your council, and take responsibility.
Hi! I would really really appreciate your advice and your help! Thanks for hearing my voice

First, after some heated debate, you can now resume subs (I apologize for acting like some dictator Lol). Second, we removed the ability rankings, since it could prove to be a nuisance sometimes, especially when I post ability limits, but an ability in a rank higher than it would still be ok. Third, (yes I consulted them), but welcome Ausma to the council! Fourth, I’ll start revising the spreadsheet to include the Slate 2 winners!

Last edited:
Here’s the first version of the VR after Slate 2! Yes I copy pasted this from NatDex OU

S Rank:

Dragapult-Mega
:lopunny-mega: Lopunny-Mega

A Rank:

A+

:clefable: Clefable
Dragonite-Mega
:garchomp: Garchomp
:gliscor: Gliscor
:hydreigon: Hydreigon
:kyurem: Kyurem
:scizor-mega: Scizor-Mega
:toxapex: Toxapex

A

:alomomola: Alomomola
:chansey: Chansey
:cinderace: Cinderace
:dragapult: Dragapult
:ferrothorn: Ferrothorn
:heatran: Heatran
:hippowdon: Hippowdon
Kommo-o-Mega
:magearna: Magearna
:tangrowth: Tangrowth
:tapu-fini: Tapu Fini
:zapdos: Zapdos

A-

:aegislash: Aegislash
:excadrill: Excadrill
:greninja: Greninja
Hydreigon-Mega
:kartana: Kartana
:landorus-therian: Landorus-Therian
:magnezone: Magnezone
:mawile-mega: Mawile-Mega
:manaphy: Manaphy
:pelipper: Pelipper
:reuniclus: Reuniclus
:rotom-heat: Rotom-Heat
:slowbro: Slowbro
:slowbro-mega: Slowbro-Mega
:swampert-mega: Swampert-Mega
:tyranitar-mega: Tyranitar-Mega
:volcarona: Volcarona

B Rank:

B+

:bisharp: Bisharp
:corviknight: Corviknight
:ditto: Ditto
:gastrodon: Gastrodon
:gengar: Gengar
:latias-mega: Latias-Mega
:latios-mega: Latios-Mega
:medicham-mega: Medicham-Mega
:mew: Mew
:rillaboom: Rillaboom
:rotom-wash: Rotom-Wash
:sableye-mega: Sableye-Mega
:victini: Victini

B

:alakazam: Alakazam
:altaria-mega: Altaria-Mega
:charizard-mega-x: Charizard-Mega-X
:dracovish: Dracovish
Goodra-Mega
:hoopa-unbound: Hoopa-Unbound
:kommo-o: Kommo-o
:mandibuzz: Mandibuzz
:melmetal: Melmetal
:serperior: Serperior
:tapu-lele: Tapu Lele
:tyranitar: Tyranitar
:venusaur-mega: Venusaur-Mega
:weavile: Weavile

B-

:amoonguss: Amoonguss
:blacephalon: Blacephalon
:charizard-mega-y: Charizard-Mega-Y
:gallade-mega: Gallade-Mega
:grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl
:gyarados-mega: Gyarados-Mega
:jirachi: Jirachi
:skarmory: Skarmory

C Rank:

C

:crawdaunt: Crawdaunt
:gyarados: Gyarados
:hawlucha: Hawlucha
:nidoking: Nidoking
:mantine: Mantine
:mimikyu: Mimikyu
:muk-alola: Muk-Alola
:quagsire: Quagsire
:seismitoad: Seismitoad
:suicune: Suicune
:terrakion: Terrakion
:thundurus-therian: Thundurus-Therian
:torkoal: Torkoal
:venusaur: Venusaur

Last edited:
Reasons for Ranking:

Dragapult-Mega ——> S: Mega Dragapult is one of the best Pokémon in MFA OU because it outspeeds every single Pokémon with its terrorizing Speed stat. It also has good offensive capabilities due to its well-rounded attacking stats combined with its colorful coverage. Furthermore, Mega Dragapult is blessed with overwhelming BoltBeam coverage, allowing it to nail threats such as Gliscor and Toxapex. It has also been blessed with better bulk, and access to reliable recovery in Recover for it to stay healthy.

Hydreigon-Mega ——> A-: I originally put Mega Hydreigon in S, but then I realized that when it Mega Evolves, it loses a useful Ground-type immunity, so it went to A+. I further demoted it to A- because its Berserk + Nasty Plot raising its SpA by 3 stages can easily be stopped by the typical Toxapex, and it is still outsped by Dragapult and Mega Dragapult, so it is A-.

Dragonite-Mega ——> A+: I think Dragonite-Mega totally outclasses Hydreigon-Mega. Mega Dragonite has better mixed bulk and is a better wallbreaker, since Mega Hydreigon has to lose half of its health to bring out its true offensive capabilities, but this can be risky since Mega Hydreigon itself can be knocked out.

Kommo-o-Mega ——> A: Its high Defense combined with Weak Armor could potentially outspeed faster threats like Hydreigon, Mega Hydreigon, and Mega Dragonite. It can run a defensive set or a Clangorous Soul sweeper set, both both sets are easily stopped by Toxapex (le old culprit).

Goodra-Mega ——> B: This mon is outclassed by Toxapex as a wall, since it has better mixed bulk, plus the latter can easily stop sweepers that may try to use it as setup fodder by Haze. It is also outclassed by Mega Dragapult and Mega Dragonite as offensive wallbreakers.

Mega Thievul
New Ability: Run Away / Unburden (Stakeout) ----> Dark Aura
New Typing: Dark

New Stats:

HP: 70 ----> 70
Attack: 58 ----> 58
Defense: 58 ----> 78 (+20)
Special Attack: 87 ----> 137 (+50)
Special Defense: 92 ----> 102 (+10)
Speed: 90 ----> 110 (+20)
Base Stat Total: 455 ----> 555
New Moves: Focus Blast, Aura Sphere
Description: Set up a Nasty Plot, then proceed sweeping with Dark Aura-boosted Dark Pulse. Fighting coverage allows it to hit Dark-types such as Urshifu and Hydreigon.

Woah there, it's a bit early for VRs and meta discussion. Not only is this meta not playable yet (to my knowledge anyway) but there are also only five new Megas so far. I like that you're enthusiastic about running stuff (like the Volcarona thread) but you gotta slow down.

With that said,

Mega Thievul
Type:
Dark
Ability: Stakeout
HP: 70​
Att: 80 (+22)​
Def: 70 (+12)​
SpA: 100 (+13)​
SpD: 112 (+20)​
Spe: 123 (+33)​
Moves: Sludge Bomb

I don't have any flavor for this one. Thievul already has a fantastic ability in Stakeout, it just needs actual stats to make use of it. The speed is tuned to be faster than Greninja by one point, because this is Nat Dex for some reason (assuming it hasn't changed its type with Protean, Grass Knot is your only move to hit Gren with; it doesn't OHKO, but it deals decent damage despite its lower power) and the special attack was originally much higher (like 125 or something) to compensate for needing the opponent to switch until I remembered this thing gets Nasty Plot.

Woah there, it's a bit early for VRs and meta discussion. Not only is this meta not playable yet (to my knowledge anyway) but there are also only five new Megas so far. I like that you're enthusiastic about running stuff (like the Volcarona thread) but you gotta slow down.

With that said,

Mega Thievul
Type:
Dark
Ability: Stakeout
HP: 70​
Att: 80 (+22)​
Def: 70 (+12)​
SpA: 100 (+13)​
SpD: 112 (+20)​
Spe: 123 (+33)​
Moves: Sludge Bomb

I don't have any flavor for this one. Thievul already has a fantastic ability in Stakeout, it just needs actual stats to make use of it. The speed is tuned to be faster than Greninja by one point, because this is Nat Dex for some reason (assuming it hasn't changed its type with Protean, Grass Knot is your only move to hit Gren with; it doesn't OHKO, but it deals decent damage despite its lower power) and the special attack was originally much higher (like 125 or something) to compensate for needing the opponent to switch until I remembered this thing gets Nasty Plot.
It’s just going to be a skeleton. We will start discussions by the time this gets coded. The only discussions we will have will be sets. You can post in here or the appropriate discord channel. I myself have already posted there. That applies to everyone.

Regarding coding plans:

I think the best time to send this for coding is probably going to be when we get a decent amount of new megas (at least 15 or 20) from this slate, or when the 2nd DLC gets released, where we get a new Pokémon in Calyrex, and probably new moves.

That’s all of my current plans for now, enjoy and happy posting!

Edit: Here in MFA, I believe that even the non-council members should be given a voice. That’s why I’m bringing back an old MFA tradition: Slate Suggestions. Except, we are doing it in a way just like what CAP does. You will submit three suggestions for slates, but nearing the end of the slate, you will bold one of them, which is your final submission that will be sent to the council for voting.

Here are some regulations for suggestions (shoutout to the legend Hematite for these)

1. Don’t put Pokémon in the same slate with similar stat distribution. For example, I wouldn’t want to see FERROTHORN AND TOXAPEX (Please please please don’t include them in the same slate EVER) in the same slate suggestion, or Corviknight and Skarmory.
2. Don’t put Pokémon in the same slate that share the same key move. By key move, I talk about moves both Pokémon include in their competitive moveset. For example, a slate with Polteageist and Cloyster would be wrong since their both Shell Smashers. Another wrong example is Clefable and Sylveon, which both share Wish in their movesets.
3. Don’t do Pokémon that are functionally similar, such as sharing the same type combination or same competitive role. The only exception we did to this role was the first 2 slates. They all share the Dragon-type, but we did it anyways because they are a small but diverse group, and we had to do like 5 compared to bigger groups, such as Eeveelutions and Fossils. For example, I don’t want a slate with two suicide leads or two sweepers.

Also reserving this post for slate subs

Last edited:
Here are my slate 4 suggestions!

Gumshoos, Vikavolt, and Lurantis (first three non-regional variant totem Pokémon in Sun and Moon)
Eldegoss, Drednaw, and Centiskorch (signature Pokemon of the first three Galar gym leaders)
Dhelmise, Torkoal, and Lapras (first three non-legendary Pokemon V in the first expansion of the Sword and Shield TCG)

Last edited:

Corviknight
Type: Dark / Flying
Ability: Competitive
Stats: 98-87-105-143-105-67
( - - +80 +20 - )
BST:595
(+100)
New moves:
Dark pulse, super fang
a wall that can be used as a stallbreaker or a wallbreaker

Theevul
Typing: Dark / Poison
Ability: Flash fire
Stats: 70-108-108-87-92-90
( +50 +50 - - - )
BST: 555
(+100)
New moves:
Spikes, Tspikes
a hazard setter

Orbeetle
Typing:
Bug / Psychic
Ability: Overcoat
Stats:
60-45-135-130-145-90
( - +25 +50 +25 - )
BST: 605
(+100)
New moves:
Stun spore, sleep powder
Maybe utility? idk

Last edited:

Corviknight
Stats: 98-57-105-143-100-67
( -30 - +90 +15 - )
BST:570
(+75)
New moves:
Dark pulse, flamethrower, overheat, dazzling gleam, psyshock, super fang
Just because there are no limits on abilities anymore does not mean you can break the other rules.
  1. The number of moves you can add is still 2.
  2. You have only increased the BST by 75 points.

thievul.gif

Mega Thievul

Ability:
Run Away/Unburden/Stakeout -> Sheer Force
Typing: Dark/Fire

Stats:

HP: 70
Atk: 58 -> 78 (+20)
Def: 58 -> 68 (+10)
SpA: 87 -> 122 (+35)
SpD: 92 -> 102 (+10)
Spe: 90 -> 115 (+25)
BST: 455 -> 555 (+100)

New Moves: Flamethrower

Mega Thievul has a somewhat usable amount of bulk which allows it to more easily get a Nasty Plot up, and because of its higher speed is able to OHKO a majority of the meta with either Dark Pulse or Flamethrower. Out of the mons that do outspeed it, the majority of them are counters as its physical defense does leave it vulnerable. Its new Fire typing allows it to counter things it would usually lose to, such as banded Rillaboom.

corviknight.gif

Mega Corviknight

Ability:
Pressure/Unnerve/Mirror Armor -> Intimidate
Typing: Flying/Steel

Stats:
HP: 98
Atk: 87 -> 117 (+30)
Def: 105 -> 120 (+15)
SpA: 53 -> 78 (+25)
SpD: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Spe: 67 -> 77 (+10)
BST: 495 -> 595 (+100)

New Moves: None

Mega Corviknight has a ridiculous amount of bulk, which allows it to pretty much get a guaranteed Defog off to help out the team, and can eat hits while spamming Roost better. Bulk Up sets have a much higher Atk stat to use and eat hits extremely well. Its higher speed makes its Defogs and Roosts a bit faster. Its counters are mons who can eat hits from it while cleanly 2hkoing it (some can OHKO). Intimidate makes it able to switch in on and force out most physical attackers in the tier, here's a couple calcs which show its bulk.

-1 252 Atk Cinderace Pyro Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 152-182 (38 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

-1 252 Atk Magnet Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 152-180 (38 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Corviknight in Sun: 356-422 (89 - 105.5%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

orbeetle.gif

Mega Orbeetle

Ability:
Swarm/Frisk/Telepathy -> Tinted Lens
Typing: Bug/Psychic

Stats:
HP: 60
Atk: 45 -> 60 (+15)
Def: 110 -> 145 (+35)
SpA: 80 -> 105 (+25)
SpD: 120 -> 145 (+25)
Spe: 90
BST: 505 -> 605 (+100)

Extremely versatile, Mega Orbeetle's very good bulk allows it to live the majority of hits, which allows it to make use of its large amount of options. It could be an offensive Calm Mind sweeper because of access to Recover + is able to run only 1 or 2 attacking moves without worrying as much about mons resisting everything because of Tinted Lens. It can also run a Sticky Web support set with U-Turn, which makes of use of its surprisingly high speed allowing it to get webs up and U-Turn out pretty quickly. It could also mirror Reuniclus in being able to set up Calm Mind + Acid Armor (Iron Defense in Orbeetle's case), Recover, and spam Stored Power, although it doesn't have Magic Guard, Tinted Lens allows it to spam Stored Power against resists rather than being walled. Mons who KO it in one or two hits counter it quite well as it does have to rely on set up to be dealing a significant amount of damage in most cases. (Also Body Press is great on it.)

Last edited:

Corviknight
Stats: 98-57-105-143-100-67
( -30 - +90 +15 - )
BST:570
(+75)
New moves:
Dark pulse, flamethrower, overheat, dazzling gleam, psyshock, super fang
After hearing from previous commenters in this post, I have no choice but to veto this one. First of all,
The second rule:
Only the Defense, Special Defense and Speed stats can be lowered. You cannot lower Attack or Special Attack, even if you put it into the other attacking stat like the above rule states.
Second of all, PLEASE use the format. Third, please don’t add more than 2 moves. I’m reiterating this from the previous post by Demon Dragon

In the meantime, let me comment on some previous submissions!

View attachment 262819
Mega Thievul

Ability:
Run Away/Unburden/Stakeout -> Sheer Force
Typing: Dark/Fire

Stats:

Atk: 58 -> 78 (+20)
Def: 58 -> 68 (+10)
SpA: 87 -> 122 (+35)
SpD: 92 -> 102 (+10)
Spe: 90 -> 115 (+25)
BST: 455 -> 555 (+100)

New Moves: Flamethrower

Mega Thievul has a somewhat usable amount of bulk which allows it to more easily get a Nasty Plot up, and because of its higher speed is able to OHKO a majority of the meta with either Dark Pulse or Flamethrower. Out of the mons that do outspeed it, the majority of them are counters as its physical defense does leave it vulnerable. Its new Fire typing allows it to counter things it would usually lose to, such as banded Rillaboom.

View attachment 262822
Mega Corviknight

Ability:
Pressure/Unnerve/Mirror Armor -> Heavy Metal
Typing: Flying/Steel

Stats:
HP: 98
Atk: 87 -> 117 (+30)
Def: 105 -> 120 (+15)
SpA: 53 -> 78 (+25)
SpD: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Spe: 67 -> 77 (+10)
BST: 495 -> 595 (+100)

Mega Corviknight has a ridiculous amount of bulk, which allows it to pretty much get a guaranteed Defog off to help out the team, and can eat hits while spamming Roost better. Bulk Up sets have a much higher Atk stat to use and eat hits extremely well. Its higher speed makes its Defogs and Roosts a bit faster. Its counters are mons who can eat hits from it while cleanly 2hkoing it (some can OHKO). Its ability Heavy Metal doesn't really effect it as it already 4x resists Grass Knot and only ways 75 kg originally which means its Heavy Slams will often not be close to max power.

View attachment 262825
Mega Orbeetle

Ability:
Swarm/Frisk/Telepathy -> Tinted Lens
Typing: Bug/Psychic

Stats:
Atk: 45 -> 60 (+15)
Def: 110 -> 145 (+35)
SpA: 80 -> 105 (+25)
SpD: 120 -> 145 (+25)
Spe: 90
BST: 505 -> 605 (+100)

Extremely versatile, Mega Orbeetle's very good bulk allows it to live the majority of hits, which allows it to make use of its large amount of options. It could be an offensive Calm Mind sweeper because of access to Recover + is able to run only 1 or 2 attacking moves without worrying as much about mons resisting everything because of Tinted Lens. It can also run a Sticky Web support set with U-Turn, which makes of use of its surprisingly high speed allowing it to get webs up and U-Turn out pretty quickly. It could also mirror Reuniclus in being able to set up Calm Mind + Acid Armor (Iron Defense in Orbeetle's case), Recover, and spam Stored Power, although it doesn't have Magic Guard, Tinted Lens allows it to spam Stored Power against resists rather than being walled. Mons who KO it in one or two hits counter it quite well as it does have to rely on set up to be dealing a significant amount of damage in most cases. (Also Body Press is great on it.)
This Mega Thievul would seem to function pretty nice in MFA OU. It has greater special bulk, a better Special Attack stat, and greater Speed. May I recommend adding more to the Atk to revenge kill Pult? Second, for the Mega Corviknight, I think Heavy Metal is fine, but I would appreciate it if you would change the ability to something like Intimidate to be flavor-wise. Mega Orbeetle is probably my favorite, since it has nice mixed bulk and it still has decent offensive stats.

Mega Corviknight

Ability - Pressure, Unnerve; Mirror Armor ➝ Speed Boost
HP
- 98 ➝ 98
Atk
- 87 ➝ 119 (+32)
Def - 105 ➝ 112 (+7)
SpA - 53 ➝ 56 (+3)
SpD - 85 ➝ 98 (+13)
SpD - 67 ➝ 112 (+45)
BST - 495 ➝ 595 (+100)

Megastone - Corvinite
Movepoll Changes - Swords Dance, Spikes
Competitive Corner - Mega Corviknight can make use of Speed Boost and slightly higher stats as both an offensive or defensive path. Swords Dance or Bulk Up allied with Speed Boost makes Power Trip sets quite strong, with Iron Head or Body Press being also useful coverage options. Defensive sets with Spikes or Defog are also valid, especially since Speed Boost can allow Corviknight to get a fast Roost and thus gain a turn. That should be about it!

In the meantime, let me comment on some previous submissions!

This Mega Thievul would seem to function pretty nice in MFA OU. It has greater special bulk, a better Special Attack stat, and greater Speed. May I recommend adding more to the Atk to revenge kill Pult? Second, for the Mega Corviknight, I think Heavy Metal is fine, but I would appreciate it if you would change the ability to something like Intimidate to be flavor-wise. Mega Orbeetle is probably my favorite, since it has nice mixed bulk and it still has decent offensive stats.
I agree with the changes to Mega Corviknight as the physical attackers it didnt already force out by coming in still 3hko it, as does Corv do to them (keep in mind it's slower than them, namely HDB Cinderace and Magnet Zeraora). However, I think the Mega Thievul is fine as it is as 4 Atk Hasty Sucker Punch is already doing 54.8-64.9% to DDance Pult. Pult also can't switch in on the risk of Dark Pulse, and Draco from Hex Pult can't even OHKO Mega Thievul. This makes me think its match up against Dragapult is fine as it is.

Mega Orbeetle
New Ability: Magic Guard
New Typing: Bug/Psychic

Stats:
Atk: 45
Def: 110
SpA: 80 => 130 (+50)
SpD: 120
Spe: 90 => 140 (+50)
New Moves: Power Gem, Focus Blast,
Description: Orbeetle embraces its UFO inspirations and becomes a speedy special attacker with insane speed and new coverage options in power gem and Focus Miss Blast.

Mega Thievul
New Ability: Thief's Luck
(Doubles the chance of secondary effects to happen, Serene Grace clone).
New Typing: Dark
Stats:
Atk: 58
Def: 58 => 68 (+10)
SpA: 87 => 147 (+ 60)
SpD: 92 => 97 (+5)
Spe: 90 => 115 (+25)
New Moves: Focus Blast, Sludge Bomb
Description: Special Sweeper that can potentially cheese through checks with Dark Pulse flinches, Focus Miss Spdef drops, and can spread Poison via Sludge wave very easily. However, Thievul is still very frail, and while 115 speed is good, it still finds itself outspeed by faster mons and scarfers.

Corviknight coming maybe soon.

Just like Dragapult, another big favorite of mine this generation is Corviknight! Here is my take on a mega for my favorite Steel-type Pokemon!

Mega Corviknight :corviknight:
New Ability: Pressure / Unnerve / Mirror Armor ----> Sheer Force
New Typing: Flying / Steel ----> Flying / Steel
New Stats:
HP: 98 ----> 98
Attack: 87 ----> 97 (+10)
Defense: 105 ----> 120 (+15)
Special Attack: 53 ----> 98 (+45)
Special Defense: 85 ----> 100 (+15)
Speed: 67 ----> 82 (+15)
Base Stat Total: 495 ----> 595
New Moves: Heat Wave, Whirlwind

Flavor Changes: On its Galar Pokédex entry, Corviknight is said to "reign supreme in the skies of the Galar region". Upon Mega Evolving, Corviknight justifies why it boasts such a title; its wings grow bigger and stronger, being able to flap dangerous, devastating hurricanes with few wingbeats. Its body, while relatively unchanged, gets more resistant with extra patches of armor. It's now more intelligent as well, being able to recognize its Trainer's feelings and dangerous enemies on a first glance, facilitating its job of carrying people from one place to another.

Competitive Changes: This iteration of Mega Corviknight intends to improve standard Corviknight in about every area while not making it over the line. Corviknight is already a top-tier OU threat, so I thought it only needed discrete patches for it to not be overbearing for the tier to deal with. The extra Attack and Special Attack boosts, coupled with Sheer Force, Heat Wave and Whirlwind makes Corviknight much less of a set-up bait wall, meaning it can find a place on Balance teams that struggle to deal with sweepers such as Scizor, Kartana and others. Mega Corviknight has other forms of viability as well; classic Bulk Up sets now get a subtle improvement with Sheer Force Iron Head and higher overall stats, while Nasty Plot wallbreaking / stallbreaking (+Taunt) sets are opened up thanks to the +45 boost to SpAtk and the addition of Heat Wave alongside Sheer Force-boosted Hurricane and Flash Cannon. (Should be noted this is the first ever Pokemon to get Sheer Force and Nasty Plot!)

Corviknight-Mega @ Corvinite
Ability: Mirror Armor -> Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- Flash Cannon
- Heat Wave

Yes, this wallbreaks (and hits surprisingly HARD) with only 98 SpAtk, all thanks to STAB Hurricane reaching 215 BP factoring in STAB and Sheer Force boosts. Flying + Steel + Fire is remarkably good coverage, only being notably resisted by Rotom-Heat and Rotom-Wash. 82 Speed is a really good number; Modest natured Mega Corviknight can outpace fully invested base 70's with a positive nature. Timid can be ran to outspeed Gyarados and base 80's, but the drop in power is really noticeable. One might think the set is entirely outclassed, but it has some perks over other wallbreakers; it has much more bulk than other NP wallbreakers and, more importantly, cannot get Toxic'd, meaning most special walls lose 1v1.

252+ SpA Sheer Force Corviknight-Mega Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 336-396 (85.2 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Sheer Force Corviknight-Mega Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 68 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 338-402 (92.8 - 110.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Sheer Force Corviknight-Mega Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 316-376 (89.7 - 106.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Sheer Force Corviknight-Mega Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 474-558 (120.3 - 141.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Sheer Force Corviknight-Mega Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 310-366 (101.9 - 120.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Sheer Force Corviknight-Mega Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Heat: 199-234 (65.4 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Sheer Force Corviknight-Mega Hurricane vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 268-316 (38.1 - 44.9%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Sheer Force Corviknight-Mega Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 278-328 (85.8 - 101.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Sheer Force Corviknight-Mega Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 266-314 (69.2 - 81.7%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Heat Wave
- Whirlwind / Defog

While such a set might seem like done just as well by regular Corviknight, Mega Corviknight's +15 in both defensive stats allows it to take hits slightly better (even factoring the lack of Leftovers). Sheer Force-boosted attacks in Iron Head and Heat Wave means Pokemon like Mega Tyranitar, Mega Scizor and Clefable need to think twice before setting up. Last slot can be used to either phaze dangerous set-up sweepers that can 1v1 Mega Corviknight or remove hazards.

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD (or whatever defensive investment; this spread is versatile)
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- Taunt

Probably the closest-to-broken set. This just screws standard Stall up extremely badly with Nasty Plot, Hurricane, Taunt and Corviknight's Toxic immunity. No investment Hurricane 2HKOes Quagsire, meaning Clefable stall variants are the only ones able to survive this menace (and even then, Flash Cannon might be opted for!).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)