Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

Hello, everyone!!
It's now time for the submission phase to close and for voting to begin!
Please see BlueRay's post above for Magmortar submissions!

:sm/jynx::sm/electivire::sm/magmortar:

Slate 36 Voting

Legal Submissions

:jynx: Mega Jynx
:ss/jynx:
Jynx-Mega
Ability: Liquid Voice

HP: 65
Atk: 50
Def:
 50 (+15)
Spa: 152 (+32)
Spd:
 120 (+25)
Spe: 118 (+23)
New Moves:
(bold = notable) Boomburst, Dazzling Gleam

So last slate got me thinking all about primarina. I was thinking about how liquid voice really wasn't that useful for it. So i started thinking about what mons would have the flavor for liquid voice + boomburst and be balanced with it. Well, enter Jynx. This Jynx functions as a lategame sweeper/cleaner best, but it can be brought in early and mid game wiht good prediction to scare away pokemon weak to it, generating momentum. It has enough speed to outspeed cinderace and ohko it with boomburst. Boomburst is actually stronger than it's most reliable STAB moves in ice beam and psychic/psyshock (90 x 1.5 = 135, 80 x 1.5 = 120), so it's it's best move for hitting neutrally, and it also hits annoying fire and rock types which otherwise it would really struggle against. However, it does not gain a stab bonus, and it cashes in it's ability slot for it, so it should be balanced. Also take note that jynx does NOT learn freeze dry, and so it doesn't have perfect 2-move coverage. Dazzling gleam is decent coverage to hit annoying dark types immediately, but boomburst should be able to handle them quite well, especially with setup. Lovely kiss is an excellent option to help it get setup opportunities in exchange for a stab move. What's stopping it from running over teams with Nasty Plot? Firstly, it's stealth rock weak, which severely hinders it'sa switchin opportunities, which are already slim due to it's horrendous physical bulk, which also means it's easily revenge killed by physical moves and priority, such as the common rillaboom's grasy glide. Secondly, it has a tough time dealing with Ferrothorn, the Slowtwins, Chansey/Blissey (Because psyshock doesn't 2hko without boosts), Tapu Fini, and most notably, Empoleon and Mega Empoleon. Focus blast is tough to fit and inconsistent, and with the afforementioned lack of freeze dry, is struggles against bulky waters without setup, and even then, some still wall it after setup, and this doesn't cover it's offensive checks yet either! Those include Scarf Victini, Greninja, Weavile, every Mega Lycanroc, Bisharp and Rillaboom (Provided it has a safe switchin), just to name a few. Also, it's more bulky checks like heatran aren't ohkoed by boombust with defense investment, so it needs it's checks to be worn down too.

I have a collab with shrimp for magmoartar, and maybe I'll post electivire later once i have a concrete idea. Until then, Take Care!

Mega Jynx
Typing: Ice Psychic
Ability:
Brain Freeze (the opponent is unable to see the attacks used by Jynx. This only refers to names and animations, and does not apply to damage or stat boosts)

Stats:
Atk: 65 (+15)
Def: 65 (+30)
Spa: 140 (+25)
Spd: 110 (+15)
Spe: 110 (+15)
Bst: 555 (+100)

New moves: none
Mega Jynx's telekenetic abilities have grown so powerful that it induces a mental pain to its opponents. The pain, described as a perpetual brain freeze, causes a great feeling of amnesia so severe that can completely wipeout the memories of a person or even stop a large mayority of motor functions leading to the person's death. This is just in the worst case scenario though, as Mega Jynx usually only uses this power to make it easier for it to kiss its victims unless it feels threatened.
At first glance Jynx-Mega seems like a pretty mediocre mega, but it has a lot of unique factors going for it that makes it quite deadly. First of, Lovely kiss combined with a slightly higher speed will allow Jynx to get win/win situations out of poor matchups, while nasty plot is a dealy tool with Jynx's decent offenses of 55/140/110. However, the absolute biggest selling point of Jynx is its new ability Brain freeze, which makes mind games with illusion seem like a damn joke. While some of Jynx's old antics like Sub, nasty plot and lovely kiss will be completely visible due to damage, stat boost and status respectively, its attacks will be way more harder to properly prep against without calcing every 15 seconds. Can blissey switch on jynx or will it get crushed by psyshock? Can you switch your dark type safely or are you getting focused blasted to death? Being unable to properly scout this at all times makes Jynx an attacker that, if not concerningly unpredictable, is able to do a little trolling to some people.
:SS/Jynx:

Name: Mega-Jynx (Masked Forme)

Typing: Ice/Psychic

Ability: Ice Face
Stats:

HP: 50
ATK: 60 (+10)
DEF: 75 (+40)
SPA: 115
SPD: 125 (+30)
SPE: 115 (+20)
BST: 555 (+100)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Mega-Jynx (Revealed Forme)

Typing: Ice/Psychic

Ability: Ice Face
Stats:

HP: 50
ATK: 75 (+25)
DEF: 60 (+25)
SPA: 135 (+20)
SPD: 115 (+20)
SPE: 105 (+10)
BST: 555 (+100)

Jynx takes inspiration from the Yukki-onna, a yokai from Japanese mythology which attracts men using its beauty, then sucks out all their life energy.
Similarly, Mega-Jynx creates a beautiful mask made of ice to appear like a peaceful. even helpful creature, which it uses to bait in any prey foolish enough to follow it, then, it proceeds drains their life energy.
How does this translate into game mechanics?
The answer lies in its new ability, Ice Face, which Jynx can utilize to become a setup sweeper that can always take a free physical hit.
Its Masked Forme (The form it takes before Ice Face is broken) is significantly faster than its Revealed Form (The form it takes after Ice Face is broken) meaning it's the form it should use to set up, as it can exploit the free hit thanks to Ice Face or Lovely Kiss' sleep to set up a Nasty Plot relatively risk-free. Jynx's other form, while slower. hits significantly harder, so it can rip apart many defensive teams with its great offensive STAB combo and coverage in Focus Blast.
Mega Jynx
Type: Ice/Psychic
Ability: Jinxed!
When this Pokemon Mega Evolves or switches in, this Pokemon uses Imprison.
Stats: 65/115 (Swapped with Special attack)/85 (+50)/70 (Swapped with Attack, +20)/125 (+30)/95
New Moves: Recover, Knock Off (these moves can be removed if needed)
Description: My justification for the ability lies in the fact that Jynx sounds like Jinx. You may have heard of it before (source: Wikipedia):
A jinx can be initiated when at least two people say any same word or phrase at the same time. Typically, after the coincidental voicing of the same content, the individuals compete to say the word "jinx" before the other, with the slower respondent being the "loser" or "jinxee."

There are different variations on what is required of the jinxee. In one popular version, the winner gets to playfully punch the loser in the arm. In another, the winner will say, "Jinx, buy me a soda" or "pinch poke, you owe me a Coke" first and the loser must comply. There is also a version where the name of the jinxee has to be uttered a number of times to "free" the jinxee.
I assume that Jynx would cause the opponents to not use the moves that Jynx knows. Imprison is also not commonly used in a competitive environment aside from in BH where it can prevent Pokemon from using moves when combined with Transform. Mega Jynx would allow it to be used automatically, thereby saving a turn to utilize Imprison.
Naturally, automatic Imprison is kinda strong, so I gave Jynx a somewhat low speed tier and gave it a large Attack boost that is relatively useless. Mega Jynx's goal in a competitive environment is to use common moves to prevent the opponent from using them. Recover gives it a reliable way to heal itself and offset it's mediocre bulk, while Knock Off is very common and can let it be a good Knock Off absorber. It's weakness to Stealth Rocks hinders it's usage, however.
:bw/jynx:
:jynx: Mega Jynx
New Ability
: Queenly Majesty

New stats:
Attack: 50 --> 70 (+20)
Defense: 35 --> 65 (+30)
Special Attack: 115 --> 135 (+20)
Special Defense: 95 --> 115 (+20)
Speed: 95 --> 105 (+10)
(BST) 455 --> 555

New moves: Aura Sphere
Description: This Mega-Jynx doesn't have a super flashy playstyle or ability, but it's better to go for something simple sometimes. Queenly Majesty allows it to avoid many priority moves that Jynx fears, as it is notably weak to Sucker Punch, Shadow Sneak, First Impression and Bullet Punch. In the M4A OU metagame, this allows it to avoid priority from Aegislash, Bisharp, Scizor and Rillaboom whose Grassy Glide it also fears. While it doesn't match up incredibly against all of these, it should be able to 1hko or at least deal heavy damage to a few of them depending on its coverage. Mega-Jynx is going to run Nasty Plot with Lovely Kiss sets most of the time since these are its strongest tools. It'll often run its stab Ice Beam along with fighting coverage in the form of either Focus Blast or Aura Sphere to beat most steel types, including, but not limited to Heatran, Bisharp and Ferrothorn. It could also forgo Lovely Kiss for Psyshock or Hidden Power Fire, making the setup more difficult, but allowing it to break through pokemon such as Scizor or Blissey. Mega-Jynx also has a good niche in VGC as Queenly Majesty protect it and its teammates from Fake Out as well as Grassy Glide. It also gets Fake Out itself, allowing it to be a great support lead, and it can also use Lovely Kiss to stay useful after the first turn. Overall, Mega-Jynx is a strong sweeper/wallbreaker in singles and great support in VGC.
:Smogjynx:
Mega Jynx
Ability: Wonderous Mist (If this pokemon is on the field all items outside of mega stones are disabled and included pokemon on the same side of the field)
Hp: 65
Def: 59 (+24)
Spatk: 135 (+20)
Spdef: 135 (+40)
Spd: 111 (+16)
Description: Jynx has a lot of the tools to succeed but I didn't want another Mega Alakazam where it was just too strong to be contained. I gave it an ability based on wonder room which can allow Jynx to benefit much more from hazards wearing down it's switch ins. Jynx may seem hard to counter however with a terrible defense most neutral physical hits can OHKO even from pivots and Jynx takes 25% from rocks on switch in as well as 111 Spd while decently fast doesn't allow Jynx to blaze past revenge killers. Jynx prior to mega evolution can be tricky to switch in even with Dry Skin giving it a water immunity due to Jynx having a really bad bst and as a consequence terrible defenses. Mega Jynx is basically an anti-pivot not allowing pokemon to come in for free with hdb such as blissey, slowbro/king, torn-t, and g-slowking. Jynx when running nasty plot also faces 4MSS just not as severe as other pokemon because it can't run NP/Ice Beam/ Psychic/Focus Blast/Freeze Dry all at once and having ice beam for a stronger option is nice against pokemon like corviknight while Jynx needs Freeze Dry to break past pokemon like Tapu Fini and Focus Blast is needed to beat steel types otherwise jynx can just get ohko'd before it can KO them back. Jynx's ability also allows it to not worry about choice scarfed pokemon revenge killing but 111 isn't as blazing fast as in past generations.
Jynx-Mega
Ability: Bad Dreams

Stats:
Atk: 60 (+10)
Def: 60 (+30)
SpA: 150 (+35)
SpD: 110 (+30)
Spe: 105 (+10)

New moves: Destiny Bond, Teeter Dance

F l a v o r
There is literally no flavor here. It's just a joke on how being KISSED TO SLEEP by a Jynx will certainly give you nightmares for the rest of your life.

Competitive Analysis
...what if Darkrai was an OU Pokemon?
ok all jokes aside, Jynx-Mega, paired with a phenomenal 150 Special Attack, has a much more potent wallbreaking capability especially when paired with Nasty Plot. Putting Pokemon to sleep with Lovely Kiss also blends well with this ability, as Jynx is capable of taking advantage of this free turn (and also the free chip damage that comes with Bad Dreams) by once again setting up and starting a sweep. With a +2 SpA boost, it can tear through teams with its powerful dual STABs, all the while being able to punish resists with a potential turn of sleep and chip.

However, the 4MSS syndrome of this Pokemon is evident, as without Focus Blast, this pokemon is eternally walled by the common Steel-types of the metagame, Heatran in particular. It's also outsped by common Pokemon in the metagame, such as Grassy Glide Rillaboom, Weavile, Cinderace and Raichu-Mega. Not to mention its frailness in the Phys. Def department.

Regardless, the wallbreaking potential of this Pokemon should not be slept on.
ba-dum tssh

Nasty Plot (Jynx) (F)
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lovely Kiss
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
Mega Jynx

Ability - Oblivious, Forewarn; Dry Skin ➝ No Guard

HP
- 65 ➝ 65
Atk
- 50 ➝ 60 (+10)
Def - 35 ➝ 73 (+38)
SpA - 115 ➝ 125 (+10)
SpD - 95 ➝ 127 (+32)
Spe - 95 ➝ 105 (+10)
BST - 455 ➝ 555 (+100)

Movepool Changes - Dazzling Gleam, Freeze-Dry, Moonlight, Rapid Spin
Competitive Corner - It's fast, it has a 100% accurate sleep move, okay Special Attack and Nasty Plot to set up? That seems decent! Now with a more modest speed tier (get it? because modest is not a speed boosting ability haha im so funny... '-'), Mega Jynx makes use of No Guard, as suggested by Hematite, with fully accurate Blizzards, Focus Blasts, and most scarily, Lovely Kiss! And that's kinda it, you just put things to sleep, set up, and Blizzard / Focus Blast away! The main trouble with Mega Jynx, and what would keep it in check, is that it struggles with 4MSS, it really wants to run Blizzard, Focus Blast, and Psychic STAB, but that requires giving up one of Lovely Kiss or Nasty Plot, making it a bit less threatening, and giving one of its STABs or coverage likely means Mega Jynx will struggle to beat something, be it Steels without Focus Blast, Psychics without Blizzard, or Toxapex / Tapu Fini without Psychic coverage. Freeze-Dry is also an option, giving good coverage especially with Focus Blast, but it is relatively weak, so it leaves a bit to be desired. Granted, Mega Jynx can always sleep the one thing that walls it, except Tapu Fini of course, but it is possible to play around it via sleep clause!
Flavor Corner - Jynx pulls from so many inspirations it was tricky finding one cohesive theme, instead, I decided to just follow Smoochum's path and make it's Mega Evolution about kissing! Very creative, I know. And with that idea I decided to make the whole trio focus on specific moves à la Iron Fist or Mega Launcher Turns out No Guard really works here, thematically you could say it acts on not 100% accurate moves but, I'm fine settling for Jynx being a bit separate from Electivire and Magmortar thematically, given Game Freak already kinda did that in Generation 4 by not giving Jynx an evolution, alas! Toying with the stats was also interesting, all of Electabuzz, Electivire, Magmar, and Magmortar have four stats that are multiples of five, plus one ending in 3, and another ending in 7, so I decided to apply that here. Electivire and Magmortar also have 123 Attack, and 125 Special Attack, respectively, so I thought continuing the pattern with 127 Speed Now Special Defense on Mega Jynx would be cool! The remaining non-multiple of five stat goes to Mega Jynx's defense, as is the case for these other four. Now, I know it's weird to have Mega Jynx as a parallel to Electivire and Magmortar, as opposed to their Megas, but, the BST difference is so much, that this felt more reasonable, me thinks. Especially with the 123, 125, 127 motif.
:Smogjynx: : Mega Jynx
New Ability
: Technician
Type:
Ice/Fairy
New stats:
Attack: 50
Defense: 77(+32)
Special Attack: 150(+35)
Special Defense: 120(+25)
Speed: 103(+8)
(555)

New moves: Ominous Wind

Jynx :jynx:
Mega Jynx
Ability : Disguise
Hp : 65
Atk : 70 (+20)
Def : 45 (+10)
SpA : 145 (+30)
SpD : 135 (+40)
Spe : 95

This Jynx is based on the concept of Yama-Uba , a japanese demon that take the form of eitheir a young woman or an old lady in order to ensnare lost traveler in snowy mountain to eat them. Jyns use the ability disguise to pretend being nice and helpfull while preparing a terrible attack whit setup or sleep.
Competitively this pokemon work in a very similar way as Mimikyu , using its ability to get a free turn of set up or statut to then make hole in the opponent team. The ability coupled with lovely kiss allow Jynx for easy setup exploiting its huge Spa stat to break through most OU defensive threath. I decided against putting ay speed in this mon as i wanted its role to be focus on Breacking power and not sweeping , as i found the combination of lovely kiss and disguise quite scary on a mon too fast. I instead opted to put more point into SpDef to accentuate Jynx Special side and give more setup opportunity against special atatcker outside of disguise. I also decided to let the Def be low so that priority still have an huge impact in preventing sweeping as the intended role is wall breaking. For instance the combination of Ice beam, psychock and foxus blast tear throught any OU mon not name Aegislash. But its still easy to revenge kill. Its main point over mimikyu is being able to pressure as soon as it come in without needing much prior setup to do so, working as a great sweep stoper , in addition to wall breaking and pressuring team.
Well... My first joke sub. Yes, i'm too bored at homeoffice for making this.

Come on slate 36, LET'S GET SICKENIIIIIING, OKURRRRRRRRRRRR

So you think you can deliver glamour?

" Appears to move to a rhythm of its own, as if it were dancing. It wiggles its hips as it walks. "
" In certain parts of Galar, Jynx was once feared and worshiped as the Queen of Ice. "
" The Jynx of Galar often have beautiful and delicate voices. Some of these Pokémon have even gathered a fan base. "

Jynx-Mega
Ability: Eleganza
Succesfully using dance moves will gag all foes, harshly decreasing their evasion stat and, at the same time, increasing its own special defense by 1 stage.

New moves: Teeter Dance, Revelation Dance, Swords Dance

Stats:
Hp: 65
Atk: 50 > 115 (+65)
Def: 35 > 35 (-)
Spa: 115 > 130 (+15)
Spd: 95 > 105 (+10)
Spe: 95 > 105 (+10)

Hiiiiiieeeeeeeee

This pokemon's dance moves are so SICKENING that the enemies starts to gag on it's eleganza!
She didn't come to play, she came to slay!

You better work with this mega. It can be used as a setup sweeper, both physical or special (that's right, she is versatile!), abusing it's large and in charge movepool. Stunning!

About the new moves, well... Miss thing over here is dancing even while casually moving. Let's give it some more dancing moves, it will be an Escandalo!
No Quiver Dance for it. Would give it backrolls, too broken. Revelation Dance is a strange choice, but is flavor-wise for a Psychic dancer, as well as adding nothing more then an ice beam that activate its ability.

Oh so you want some sets henny? Stay tuned, because tonight category is Mega-Jynx eleganza! Subbers, start your engines, and may the best sub queen, win!

Right! Ruveal yourself!

Jynx (F) @ megastone
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Dynamic Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Physical jynx is serving set up supremacy. Use Swords Dance once and gag everybody! This set serves no miss triple axels and dynamic punches to punish those nasty dark-types that are gagged.

===
Jynx (F) @ megastone
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid/Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot/Calm Mind
- Revelation Dance
- Psychic/Psyshock/Stored Power
- Focus Blast

In this runway, Jynx is serving special sweeper realness. Use revelation dance to show the level of unprofessionalism of your enemies and never miss focus blasts against gagged enemies. You can also serve calm mind + stored power shenanigans. Revelation Dance is essential for activating its ability.

====
Jynx (F) @ megastone
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Heal Beal
- Perish Song
- Mean Look
- Blizzard/Focus Blast

Well everybody makes choices... But perish trap is a choice. Specially with such low defense stat and awful defensive typing. Unexpected, but once spotted it will be its inner saboteur. Also, Heal Bell makes it a good cleric in various sets.

===
So it's time for you to megaevolve.... FOR. YOUR. LEGACY.
Good luck and don't mega-garchomp up.

Remember, if you can't love your subs, how in the hell you gonna love anybody's else. Can I get an amen?

Thank you.
Mega Jynx

Type:

Ability:
Competitive

Stats:
Def: 90 (+55)
SpA: 125 (+10)
SpD: 115 (+20)

New Moves: None

Reasoning: Jynx is a high-grade performer, and you do not want to mess with this lady when she gets competitive. With Competitive, Mega Jynx can deter opponents from switching in certain mons, or using certain moves, or heavily punish them for doing so regardless. Thanks to its typing, Jynx is able to beat a lot of common Defog users, meaning that it could use an opposing Defog to proc its ability and start tearing holes. Alternatively, Intimidate is another potential proc for Mega Jynx's Competitive. A staple mega in the format, Mega Corviknight, now wants to think twice before switching in to an otherwise wallable Jynx. The same goes for Incineroar, with its ubiquitous presence in VGC. Other stat-dropping moves which are more common in VGC may make Jynx a more compelling pick for the format as well. Jynx also gets Fake Out and Helping Hand, both of which are useful tools for a more supportive role in VGC too.

mega jynx

ice/psychic
stats
hp- 65
atk- 50
def- 35(+30)>65
spa- 115(+15)>130
spd- 95(+35)>130
spe- 95(+20)>115

ability: bad actor- if the user is on the field the turn after an ally pokemon faints, it uses fake tears at the beginning of the turn

new moves: body press
The long awaited...
Kero x Paul
collab!

Mega :swsh/jynx: Jynx
Mega Stone: Jynxite

Ability: Gyaru - This Pokemon's Fighting-type moves become Fire-type moves and have their power multiplied by 1.2.

Stats:
HP - 65 (+0)
ATK - 50 (+0)
DEF - 140 (Swapped +45)
SPA - 154 (+39)
SPD - 35 (Swapped +0)
SPE - 111 (+16)

New Moves: Body Press, Barrier

Description:
Dex Entry: Through Mega Evolution, Jynx has become an expert in using her body in addition to her mind. The energy of her Mega Evolution gives a resilience to her body and an intensity to her movements, creating a fiery fierceness much like the gyaru her new form so closely resembles.

Body Press

That is all.

One of Jynx's many inspirations is the ganguro, which is a subcliche of the much larger gyaru stereotype, and we chose to lean into that. Ganguro specifically like to tan very heavily, which is part of the fiery flavor, but we decided not to use that name due to it translating almost literally to "black face", which wasn't quite tasteful considering Jynx's history. However, gyaru also provides even more flavor for the ability, since as they're a cliche of "gals" and "hot chicks", they also have many stereotypical behavioral traits in addition to their physical/apparel, such as being fiesty, aggressive, and forward (much like the similar American stereotype of "mean girls"). There are also multiple ways of interpreting Jynx's increase in defense, such as the Japanese spirits with dresses made of bark which was also one of the many sources Jynx's design draws from.

As a small note, Gyaru also creates a theme between it and Vajra of the nontraditional -ate-like abilities to have foreign and exotic names, as a direct juxtaposition to the very standardized names of the -ate/-ize abilities.
"Very rarely does an entire Mega center around making it use one move, but that’s the direction we’ve gone with our Mega Jynx, and it’s not the one you’d expect. The move we’ve built this sub around is Body Press.

Typical mixed attackers fail because the Pokémon cannot afford to run either enough evs, or enough moves for a mixed set to be worth it. But Body Press bypasses that by instead allowing you to invest in defense, which is an important stat for any Pokemon, and get a physical offensive return out of it, while also having a high enough base special stat that it can hit hard without any investment. We immediately realized that we wanted a way for body press to be boosted (without STAB), and fit better with Jynx coverage wise, and that’s where the ability “Gyaru” came from, changing Fighting moves to Fire moves and thus changing its whole dynamic. Body press being Fire type allows it to deal with the many steel types in the tier, from Kartana, to Ferrothorn to Megas such as Corviknight and Bastiodon, but if you’re lame you can also just run Focus Blast to hit them, which is now fire type and no longer neutral on Corv.

It also despite having psyshock can break through Blissey using Body Press. It’s biggest issues are some other steels that resist or are immune to fire, some of these include, Mega Dhelmise (shut up Mossy), Heatran and Mega Empo, but overall it’s a strong special attacker.

That’s not to say Jynx is just an attacker, it surpasses it’s typing in many ways living a few strong supereffective hits with its Skarmory level bulk, while still providing much offensive pressure and sleep utility.

Jynx struggles in a couple of ways, swapping its Special defense with its defense isn’t the best for it, as it now has 65/35 special bulk, and is consumed fully by pretty much any special attack (insert gren calc here). It also has a weakness to rocks hindering it even further.

We think this is a cool concept that Kero and I had a lot of fun working on. I hoped you liked this sub. Despite being a bit weirder and wackier than our normal fare."

- Paulluxx

I (Kero) just wanted to note two quick things in addition -

Some good examples of physical threats this Jynx can reliably check are Rillaboom, Garchomp, Lando-T, Mega Raichu, an unboosted MLycandusk, and even Cinderace if Jynx is boosted (+2).

Since Jynx's physical coverage comes via Body Press and Psyshock, that makes it a reliable physical attacker that's completely immune to attack drops from stuff via Intimidate!
Finally came up with something for Jynx. It's time for Ragnarok.

:ss/Jynx:
Jynx-Mega
Ice/Psychic
Ability: Forewarn/Oblivious/Dry Skin-> Spirit Guide (The user draws Ghost moves to itself to receive +1 SpA. User is immune to Ghost moves.)
Stats
Atk: 55 (+5)
Def: 75 (+40)
SpA: 125 (+10)
SpD: 125 (+30)
New Moves: +Hex

Description: More attuned with the spirit world with the energy of Mega evolution, Jynx uses its singing and dancing to help guide the restless spirits of Pokemon to the next world much like the Valkyrie of Norse mythology (or Hel. Or yuki-onna. Or frostbite. Jynx's potential origins have a weird amount of connections to death)- while also channeling their power to boost itself. Having an immunity to a former weakness is obviously a huge benefit, and powering it up to boot is a bonus to Mega Jynx's role as a NP sweeper, utilizing STABs and FB to clean up late-game. Its (still) low physical bulk and remaining weaknesses mean you do still need to be careful getting it in, but once faster threats are taken care Jynx is gonna be showing the opposing team to Valhalla.

Mega Jynx @ Jynxite

Type: Ice/Fighting

Ability: Serene Grace

Stat (changes):
65/145(+95)/65(+30)/75(-40)/95(-)/110(+15)

New Moves: Force Palm, Icicle Crash, Mach Punch, Rock Smash

i have dubbed my creation gymx
Mega Jynx
Type:
Ice / Psychic
Ability: Drought
Moves: Solar Beam, Weather Ball
Stats:
HP: 65​
Att: 50​
Def: 35​
SpA: 145 (+30)​
SpD: 145 (+50)​
Spe: 115 (+20)​

Remember when I made Mega Regice a reference to Kubla Khan's sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice? I'm doing it again. This time, Jynx is an even better representation of Kubla Khan, as it references both the poem's singing woman (maybe women, plural?) as well as its uncomfortable sexual undertones (unrelated to the woman, mind you; the second stanza has a lot of geology-themed innuendos).

Mega Jynx has several things going for it. It's very fast, and its great special bulk lets it more easily set up a Nasty Plot. It also gets a major improvement in its Steel coverage with Weather Ball, which is not only stronger and more accurate than Focus Blast, but also isn't stuffed by Mega Dhelmise.

+2 252 SpA Jynx-Mega Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Dhelmise-Mega in Heavy Rain: 314-370 (91.2 - 107.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

(that calc is probably outdated, I think Dhelm got nerfed since I wrote this)
edit: sudden last-minute ninja sub by DrPumpkinz has been added!
I have not done the same for Electivire because I think someone else subbed Magnet Pull Electivire (though I think it was based on his suggestion) but I am happy he got to post his Jynx after all .w.

edit 2: updated shinxthe17!'s Jynx description!

Last edited:
:electivire: Mega Electivire

Mega Electivire
Typing:
Electric Fighting
Ability: Power Plant (Whenever the user lands an electric type attack, all of the mon's in the user's team bar itself will gain 2pp to all their moves, name credit goes to Hematite)
Stats:
Hp: 75
Atk: 143 (+20)
Def: 105 (+38)
Spa: 95
Spd: 137 (+52)
Spe: 85 (-10)

New moves: Drain punch, Bulk up.
"The electricity output that Mega Electivire holds is so vast that it could sustain all technology on earth for at least a couple of decades. The most impressive capability of Mega Electrivire is that said electric outputs are able to bypass the system that composes pokeballs and send its electricity inside of it. Said energy is able to power up whatever mon is inside the pokeball to the point that it can last in battle for way longer intervals of time than normal.
It is no secret that MFA currently has a surplus of Physical electric type megas, all who already have some trouble differentiating themselves against its competitors. Rather than throw Electrivire to that oversaturated market, I decided to try a more unique approach.

You see, Electrivire's dex entries always talk about the huge amounts of voltage that it produces with its tails, which happen to be cable wires. The most common use of cable wires is to recharge devices, so i thought about a special niche that could make use of that. I then came up with the idea of PP restorage, a unique niche that no other Mon in the meta is able to fulfill and thus Power Plant was born.
Power Plant allows Electrivire to do what no other Mon is capable of doing in the entire meta: Restore PP. As such, I decided that it would be better for it to have a more defensive role to further difference itself from the other megas and be more prepared to support its team.

Its nerf to speed might seem harsh but one is quick to underestimate just how damn powerful PP restorage can be. It also gives me a bigger stat budget to invest in defence (although I currently still trying to figure out what said defensive stat spread is.) It also still gets a minor attack buff since its physical movepool is just so much better and it would be a shame not to use it. This essentially makes Electrivire an essential defensive backbone to restore PP for moves like heal bell or close combat, as well as allowing Electrivire to become a win condition on its own.

Finally, Electrivire gets the beloved electric/fighting type, which synergises excellently with the many fighting type moves in its arsenal. The addition of Bulk Up allows it to set up if it such desires to, while Drain Punch gives it much needed longevity as well as a being a spamable move by itself.
:ss/electivire:
Mega Electivire
Type: Electric/Fighting
Ability: Triage
Stats:
  • HP: 75 (+0)
  • Attack: 143 (+20)
  • Defense: 107 (+40)
  • Special Attack: 105 (+10)
  • Special Defense: 105 (+20)
  • Speed: 105 (+10)
New Moves: Drain Punch, Parabolic Charge

Description:
:SS/Electivire:

Name: Mega Electivire

Typing: Electric

Ability: Short Circuit
-If there is an electric pokemon on the field, the electric pokemon loss its electric type and user apply the charge effect on itself
Stats:
HP: 75
Atk: 143(+20)
Def: 107(+40)
Spa: 105(+10)
Spd: 85
Spe: 125(+30)
New Moves: Bulk up

- Electivire seeking for electric type to charge itself, by absorbing electric from others.
Well, electric is a relatively good type in general. One weakness as a defensive typing and as an offensive typing, it's one of the most spammable type. Electivire with this ability get rids of most electric type in the meta. At +1, facing utility zapdos, it could OHKO using thunder punch, which is impressive (well +1 charge stab se isn't that really that impressive :P ). Its decent natural physical bulk along with its ability buffing its spdef, this thing is quite bulky too.
Mega Electivire
Type: Electric
Ability: Galvanize
Stats: 75/153 (+20)/107 (+40)/115 (+30)/105 (+20)/85 (-10)
New Moves: None
Description: One thing I dislike about Physical Electric Type Pokemon is that non signature Electric Type moves aren't that good (Wild Charge has a mediocre BP for a recoil move and Thunder Punch has a low BP). Thankfully, Galvanize can let them use STAB Normal Type Physical moves which have better Base Powers, like Return and Double Edge. Mega Electivire can now use STAB Returns or Double Edges with a 153 Attack.
252+ Atk Galvanize Electivire-Mega Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight (not Mega): 408-480 (102 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Galvanize Electivire Quick Attack vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tornadus-Therian: 236-278 (65.1 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Electivire Superpower vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ferrothorn: 258-304 (73.2 - 86.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
8 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Electivire: 224-266 (63.2 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
To balance it, I gave it a lower Speed, but it is pretty bulky.
:Electivire:
Ability: Moxie
New Moves: Drain Punch, Knock Off
Atk: 143 (+20)
Def: 87 (+20)
Spatk: 115 (+20)
Spdef: 95 (+10)
Spd: 125 (+30)
Description: Electivire actually gets pumped up before a fight increasing it's voltage before a fight and Electivire fights primarily using it's tails. I decided against fighting type for electivire and just made it a stronger Zera with less speed and no electric immunity but also moxie so it can clean very well also Electivire doesn't get Knock Off for some reason? That makes 0 sense and also allows for Electivire to have more utility and Drain Punch allowing for a more accurate fighting stab and no boosting outside of PuP makes this stat spread more justifiable.
:electivire:
Electivire-Mega
Type: Electric/Fighting
Ability: Electroplating
When this Pokemon uses an Electric-type contact move, the target gains the Steel type. The effect wears off when the target switches out.

Stats:
Atk: 161 (+38)
Def: 90 (+23)
SpA: 115 (+20)
SpD: 100 (+15)
Spe: 99 (+4)

New moves: Drain Punch, Bulk Up

F l a v o r AND Design Aesthetics (!)

Yes, you heard that right Harold, design aesthetics. I actually have a picture in mind of how I want my Electivire-Mega to look like.

You see those wires there? Well, according to certain Pokedex entries:

- Diamond and Pearl

- Ultra Sun
Electivire's tail provides an incredibly high output of electricity, and by holding onto its tails, Electivire's damage output is a lot stronger.

So I thought to myself: How do I make this easier? Well, it's rather simple -- Have the wires be attached onto Electivire's arms when it Mega Evolves.

But wait, there's a twist!

Electivire's Mega Stone contains specific characteristics that allow the process of electroplating to occur, with the electrons from the cathode (the Mega Stone) being transferred to the anode (Electivire's arms), causing them to be coated in a layer of solid metal. Essentially, Electivire gains a pair of iron knuckles.

But how does the ability here come into play? Well, when Electivire slams its 20k volt fists into the opponent, the high positive charge of the fists transfer their electrons to the body it comes into contact with, due to it having higher electrical potential, causing the opponent to also be coated in metal once the contact process is complete.

Competitive Analysis
The idea here is simple: Wild Charge, Drain Punch, profit.
Benchmark used here is typeless Mew with a blank set:
252 Atk Electivire Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 175-207 (51.3 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (15 - 17.7% recoil damage)
252 Atk Electivire Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew (???/Steel): 290-344 (85 - 100.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO (49.8 - 58.7% recovered)

With Electroplating, Wild Charge and Drain Punch work in tandem and synergize very well in the sense that you can regain the health you lose from Wild Charge by sapping it from your opponents with Drain Punch, and with the additional Steel-type, you actually gain health rather than lose it.

There are many things in the common M4AOU meta that can counter STAB Electric-type moves. glares menacingly at all Ground types, Amoonguss and Tangrowth
However, with Electroplating, Grass-types and also Clefable to a certain extent will have to be aware of the danger of being turned into part-Steel types, as Drain Punch is able to heal off the recoil that Electivire takes from using Wild Charge by hitting these converted Steel-types for at least neutral damage (unless you're a Ghost-type or are already 4x resisting Fighting).
But how does it fare against your typical M4AOU wall?

252 Atk Electivire Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 153-181 (38.8 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
It's not bad, but it could be better-

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 262-310 (66.4 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

With Electroplating, Magnezone becomes a phenomenal partner for Electivire, being able to efficiently trap Pokemon that Electivire converts into Steels and take care of them easily with a Specs-boosted HP Fire or Thunderbolt.

In the VGC scene, Electivire-Mega can also choose to apply the Steel-type to give them more defensive utility: one particular example comes in the form of Grassy Seed Rillaboom, who at +1 is able to tank a soft Thunder Punch from Electivire and gain a crucial Steel-type to make it more resistant towards U-turn while it sets up SD. In return, Electivire-Mega relishes the presence of the Earthquake-weakening Grassy Terrain, leaving fewer things available to stop it while it uses Bulk Up. (Special thanks to Gravity Monkey for inspiring this VGC segment of the analysis!)

Electivire-Mega does have its own weaknesses though: It's unable to abuse its ability against Ground-types, which remain immune to Electroplating by default, it's 75/90 physical bulk can leave it frail occasionally and it's speed tier leaves more to be desired: 99 allows it to be outsped by various pokemon with 3-digit base speeds.

One more question that needs to be answered: How does this Mega stand out from all the other canon Electric megas we already have, in particular Raichu-Mega? Well, to answer that question:

-1 252 Atk Electivire Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Corviknight-Mega: 158-188 (39.5 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (13.5 - 16.1% recoil damage)
-1 252 Atk Reckless Raichu Volt Tackle vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Corviknight: 206-246 (51.5 - 61.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (26 - 31.1% recoil damage)

Raichu-Mega is more of a glass cannon, still being able to 2HKO MCorv despite the -1 attack drop, but having lesser HP and getting more recoil damage as a result; while Electivire-Mega can only 3HKO it, but takes lesser damage and has Bulk Up to compensate for the lack of a decent speed tier and also makes it more bulkier and harder to deal with.

And here, have a sample set to go with this little section:
Bulk Up (Electivire) (M)
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch
*goes very well with Magnezone

(like seriously, Magnezone also resists Psychic and Fairy type revenge moves for Electivire)
Now let's get onto Electivire!

Mega Electivire

Ability - Motor Drive; Vital Spirit ➝ Iron Fist

HP
- 75 ➝ 75
Atk
- 123 ➝ 153 (+30)
Def - 67 ➝ 97 (+30)
SpA - 95 ➝ 115 (+20)
SpD - 85 ➝ 115 (+30)
Spe - 95 ➝ 85 (-10)
BST - 540 ➝ 640 (+100)

Movepool Changes - Bullet Punch, Comet Punch, Drain Punch, Mach Punch
Competitive Corner - Iron Fist boosted Thunder Punch, Drain Punch, Mach Punch, and all the punching coverage you want, all coming from a base 153 Attack stat! The bulk and speed department are a bit lacking, but it's nothing Motor Drive before Mega Evolving and some priority can't fix!
Flavor Corner - I know I know I know, the Fighting-type is so free, but it works so well too to make the trio a Psychic, Fighting, Dark group, and Electivire's inspirations back the Fighting-type a bit, with it being inspired on Gorillas (very territorial) and the Yeti, possibly! Plus, the Iron Fist connection with Jynx's idea was too cool for me to pass up, even if it makes no sense because it's unlikely one of these three win, let alone all, but still I really liked how this came out!
:Electivire: Mega Electivire
New Ability
: Magnet Pull
Type:
Electric
New stats:
Attack: 150(+27)
Defense: 97(+30)
Special Attack: 95
Special Defense: 120(+35)
Speed: 103(+8)
(640)

New moves: Drain Punch

Mega Electivire :electivire:

Mega-Electivire Electric

Ability : Power Load (at the begining of each turn if electric terrain is active gain 0.1x damage : turn 1 damage x 1,1 , turn 2 damage x 1,2 ; ...)

Hp : 75
Atk : 143 (+20)
Def : 84 (+17)
SpA : 123 (+28)
SpD : 105 (+20)
Spe : 110 (+15)

Electivire-Mega use its wires to connect itself to the electric terrain, slowly recharging its battery and getting stronger and stronger as it keep charging. Once fully loaded ; Electivire inflinct devesting attack, breaking everything that add the misfortune of letting it live long enough.

The focus on this ability is to give a new focus on terrain oriented team ; in particular electric terrain. While most terrain abuser usually don’t try to stay long and just come to give few big hit before going back into the ball ; this mega try to stay on the terrain as long as possible in order to break opposing pokemon. It also push the terrain setter to run terrain extender in order to increase Electivire potencie. Terrain extender is an usually relatively rarely used item compared to their weather counter part, despite the pletora of good terrain setter ; which is why i wanted to give that obvious synergy to that mega.

Mega Electivire is still balanced around the fact that most ground type can still check it (carefull as it learn ice punch tho). Other pokemon struggle a lot more, as it can fire powerfull rising voltage or wild charge, while having fire coverage to deal with grass type that think of stopping it.

I decided to keep its speed not too high to give more opportunity for revenge killing as it would be able to easily snawball once it get enough boost from the terrain. I also wanted its physical defense not to be too high so that i can still be OHKO by v-create from scarf Tini.

I wanted it to lean more on the mixed side to take adavantage of its good movepool on both offensive side and pressure usual defensive core allowing it to rack boost by forcing switch.
Electivire-Mega

Ability: Grounded Tails
This pokemon is capable of using electric-type attacks against ground type pokemon. In addition, electric moves will hit all adjacent GROUNDED pokemon on the field.
*The ability does not work if the target is a Flying type, is under the effect of Magnet Rise, holds an Air Balloon or has Levitate as ability. Affected by Mold Breaker.
** Still activating Lightning Rod and Motor Drive.

Stats:
Atk: 123 > 123 (-)
Def: 67 > 77 (+10)
Spa: 95 > 123 (+28)
Spd: 85 > 115 (+30)
Spe: 95 > 127 (+32)

New moves: nope

Not beeing afraid of the danger, Electivire faces ground-types ignoring disavantages.

When attacking, he burries his long tails, shooting tons of eletricity in the ground. The liberated energy is so strong that even ground-type pokemon can feel it. In fact, every grounded pokemon on the field can feel the energy, so electivire must be aware: he can hurt his allies.

Mega Electivire is an excelent pivot with great speed, since ground types (except Lando/Gliscor) can't block it.
It is also able to break through common walls like slowtwins, fini and toxapex, but can't do much against grass-types.

Good partners for it could be Rillaboom/Bulu, providing grassy terrain as recovery and eq resistance, while Electivire breaks flying types for them.

Thorn-T itself works as a great hazard control and regenerator pivot for it when facing grass types.

Can be used in doubles with Weakness Policy strategies (since it hits everyone), but it might be aware of paralyzing partners. In general, any spread electric move might be cool, specially with partners like Lanto-T or Rillaboom.

Biggest counter? Lando-T, with Intimidate and Electivire's ability not working due to the Flying type.

Mega Electivire

New Ability
: Full Blitz
The user applies a Charge effect to itself and its partner if there's a terrain active.
(For clarification: The effect of this ability is triggered like a terrain seed!
As a reminder: The ability is based on a move called Charge which grants you a +1 SpD boost and doubles the power of an Electric move next turn but only for the next turn!)

New stats
:
Attack: 123 → 158 (+35)
Defense: 67 → 102 (+35)
Special Attack: 95
Special Defense: 85 → 105 (+20)
Speed: 95 → 105 (+10)
BST: 540 → 640

New moves:
Parabolic Charge, Recover

Description:
1) Concept
If you look at Electivire, you will notice it has a tail made of two wires; furthermore, on the backsprite, there's a design that looks very similar to an electrical outlet. Per definitionem, an electrical outlet is a device that allows you to connect it to an electrical equipment, thereby providing it with electricity. This aspect goes hand in hand with Electivire's Pokédex entry where it's said to unleash incredibly powerful electricity; it's so much energy that a big city can rely on it for a year.

Since Electivire is all about providing energy and using it for defensive and offensive purposes, I wanted to create an ability that would reflect these aspects very well; in fact, Full Blitz capitalizes on the common terrain wars in the metagame, using it as a source of energy for Electivire and its partner. What's more, in the card game, Electric Pokémon are commonly used as attackers with immediate power. Meaning, there's always a condition that needs to be fulfilled in order to unleash a one-time powerful attack. That makes a lot of sense because, if you try storing energy and unleashing them at once, you will be out of energy then. Interestingly enough, M4A has some Electric Pokémon that reflect this aspect as well. For instance, Mega Jolteon relies on a previous Pokémon being fainted to get a Charge effect; Mega Luxray needs to move before the target does to land a crit; and Mega Boltund relies on defeating a target to receive a Laser Focus boost. So, my Mega Electivire would fit very well to this pecularity.

2) Competitive
Mega Electivire is meant to take advantage of terrain effects to unleash extremely powerful electric moves and have a lot of staying power.

This means Mega Electivire pairs extremely well with terrain setters like Tapu Koko, Tapu Fini or Rillaboom to threaten Pokémon that check the aforementioned Pokémon, like Galarian Slowking, Heatran, Zapdos or Corviknight, among others. As most of these threats are special attackers, Mega Electivire will receive less damage thanks to the Special Defense boost from its ability, therefore illustrating the synergy between the ability, Mega Electivire, and the terrain setters. This becomes more clear when you look at Tapu Fini and Rillaboom who take care of Pokémon that could cause Mega Electivire some trouble, like Hippowdon or Gastrodon.

Since terrains are very common in the metagame, Mega Electivire isn't necessarily reliant on its partner to get a Charge boost. If necessary, it can activate it with Electric Terrain. While it's super rare for a Pokémon to manually set up Electric Terrain, Mega Electivire can actually pull it off due to the Charge effect from its ability and due to its access to Recover to guarantee longevity. Since most Electric Pokémon are super fast and offensive, Mega Electivire thus stands out as a slower but tankier version that can match its power with its brothers and sisters.

The combination of Electric Terrain and Full Blitz is so potent that, if you wanted to go the special route, Parabolic Charge could potentially recover a lot of HP. For instance, Mega Electivire can almost OHKO defensive Buzzwole after Stealth Rock.

In VGC, Mega Electivire can punish opponents for aggressive terrain plays, and you can manipulate them with your own terrain setters to accumulate SpD boosts. Tapu Koko stands out as a partner for Mega Electivire in particular. Since Full Blitz supports the user's partner as well, Tapu Koko can unleash extremely powerful electric moves the first turn but that's balanced out by opposing Fake Out, the common Protect, and Regieleki's dominance in this format, requiring you to run Pokémon able to sponge its Electric moves very well.
Mega Electivire
:bw/electivire:

Type:

Ability: Guts

Stats:
Atk: 138 (+15)
Def: 112 (+45)
SpA: 95
SpD: 112 (+27)
Spe: 108 (+13)

New Moves: Drain Punch, Bulk Up

Reasoning: "Scald >:("
Deterring and punishing Scald spam is this mons main specialty. Unlike any other Guts user, Mega Evolutions can't hold a Flame Orb to automatically proc their ability. As such, Mega Electivire would likely rely on the spammability of Scald, especially on defensive mons like Toxapex, from which it will not take as much damage. It could alternatively take advantage of switching into Will-o-Wisps, Toxic Spikes, or making use of abilities like Acid Rock or Volcanic Singe. As Guts users despise sustaining chip damage, Mega Electivire has some new tools to aid in this department. The first is an added Fighting typing, which reduces the damage from U-turn, Knock Off, and Stealth Rock, giving it 3 new resistances to common moves at the cost of Flying neutrality and weaknesses to Fairy and Psychic. The second is STAB Drain Punch, which is a form of recovery to mitigate some of the chip it takes, while generally not being enough to mitigate damage from stronger moves. Added bulk also reduces the amount of damage it takes, with boosted special defense in particular enabling it to take Scalds better. Its increased speed helps it stand out from Obstagoon, and the addition of Bulk Up gives users a bit more choice in set creation. All in all, bulkier approach to the Electric/Fighting type combination than Mega Raichu, which hopefully does enough to set it apart.
:ss/Electivire:
Electivire-Mega
Electric/Grass
Ability:
Motor Drive/Vital Spirit-> High Voltage: User's Electric moves Disable the target if successful.
Stats
HP:
Atk: 153 (+30)
Def: 97 (+30)
SpA: 105 (+10)
SpD: 105 (+20)
New Moves: +Bulk Up, Drain Punch, Power Whip, Recover

Description: Upon Mega evolving, Electivire's static becomes so powerful that it draws in any nearby small objects, including vegetation, until Vire is adorned in vegetation like a weird form of armor, including gauntlets around its highly electrified fists. With already ridiculous voltage pre-Mega, the boost from Mega evolution makes it so powerful that even one blast of electricity is enough to partially disable the target (ala cartoon electrocution), with Disable packing a multitude of potential utility. Electivire carves itself a role as a Volt Switch pivots the can do hefty damage to would be Volt blockers that blank its ability (especially now that is doesn't auto-die to EQ), laying down a wallop with new STAB Power Whip and excellent coverage like Ice Punch, EQ, Cross Chop or Recover for sustain. This pivot set makes Vire effective at supporting its offensive teammates whether disabling a scary attack from the opponent or recovery option so said teammate(s) can break more easily. Alternatively, Vire's high attack lets it run a late-game Bulk Up sweeper set with a speed stat that sufficiently gets the jump on plenty of key targets.

Inspiration wise, the new typing is a spin on how oni (major inspiration for the line) are typically repelled by plants like holly and soybeans in traditional folklore, whereas Electivire ends up attracting these plants to itself, cause Vire is such a badass it don't care about such weaknesses. Additionally, the patterns on the Elekid line are specifically based on how oni are often depicted in tiger-skin loincloths, and tigers have that pattern specifically to blend in with vegetation.

:electivire: Name: Mega-Electivire

Typing: Electric

Ability: Gorilla Tactics
Stats:

ATK: 133 (+10)
DEF: 88 (+21)
SPA: 145 (+50)
SPD: 88 (+3)
SPE: 111 (+16)
BST: 640 (+100)

New Moves:
Ice Beam

Electivire is one among many physical electric type attackers who lack STAB powerful enough to really function properly, even despite its amazing coverage.
This glaring issue is fixed by Mega-Electivire's new ability, Gorilla Tactics, which gives it what's basically a Choice Band in ability form. This makes Electivire more prediction reliant, but makes up for it by giving it a massive power boost, which coupled with its already great movepool and pivoting in Volt Switch allows it to act as an incredibly potent mixed attacker. Mega-Electivire would struggle against most defensive teams, as the most reliable counters to Electric types are ground types, and while Electivire already has Ice Punch as they are quad weak to Ice, it struggles to even land a 2HKO on many other Electric resistances or immunities, such as Hippowdon or Tangrowth, so that's where the addition of Ice Beam comes in.
Ice Beam can score 2HKOs on these Pokemon who would otherwise force Electivire out. While this means Electivire mostly lacks defensive checks, it's got plenty of offensive checks, as its frailty and choice-lock effect from Gorilla Tactics make it pretty easy to get forced out or revenge killed by offensive Pokemon.

Mega Electivire @ Electivirite
Type:
/

New Moves:
Bullet Punch
Steel Beam
(None)
Ability: Iron Fist; Iron Fist works well with Mega Electivire as it has many Punch Based Moves, and allows for it to be better at revenge killing thanks to STAB Bullet Punch boosted by Iron Fist.
Example:
Electivire @ Electivirite
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch​
Electivire benefits from Electric Terrain and Misty Terrain, Electric Terrain to boost its already powerful Thunder Punch & Misty Terrain to block status such as Will-o-Wisp which can easily cripple it.

Mega Stats:
Attack: 159 (+36)
Defense: 87 (+20)
Sp. Attack: 95
Sp. Defense: 115 (+30)
Speed: 119 (+14)
BST: 640 (+100)

mega electivire

electric
stat
hp- 75
atk- 123(+25)>148
def- 67(+30)>97
spa- 95(+10)>105
spd- 85(+15)>105
spe- 95(+20)>115

ability: power surge- if the user's moves are blocked by an immunity the target is paralyzed

new moves: power whip
Making collab subs are really interesting experiences, you also might learn something new about how you should approach building a submission when trying to make it more appealing to to others.. I enjoyed making the Mega Magmortar submission with Paul a lot and I hope you liked it!

I've brought a sub i've made mostly by myself with heavy inspiration from Hematite. In their solomod they have a move called "Cooldown", which deals ice type damage when your health is brought below half...

:electivire: Mega Electivire
New Ability
: Motor Drive/Vital Spirit ---> Cooldown
("When Mega Electivire's HP reaches half or less, its physical electric type moves inflict Ice type damage instead, and still gain STAB.")

New Stats
:
Attack: 123 -> 153 (+30)
Defense: 65 -> 95 (+30)
SpAtk: 95 -> 115 (+20)
SpDef: 85 -> 95 (+10)
Speed: 95 -> 105 (+10)

New Moves: Recover, Nuzzle, Reversal

Description:
tldr; Mega Electivire can use Cooldown in the form of really great coverage potential to break through Ground types and punish them.

This kind of ability allows Electivire to power its way through bulky ground type pokemon and save itself from taking a hit by them with Substitute. A move like Wild Charge may not hold great synergy with the ability, and that is why Electivire should gain recover, to create a mindgame with the opponent whether or not its attack will be Ice or Electric. Because being locked into Ice stab is detrimental for Electivire, by only effecting physical electric moves, it can still use Thunderbolt to hit a lot of the bulky water types such as Tapu Fini and Toxapex that are prevalent throughout the metagame, and since Mega Empoleon can still wall most of its attacks, it may run Reversal in conjunction with its low HP stat.

Nuzzle allows it to spread status to ground types if it is low enough.

The theme of this submission is Electivire's descriptive appearance of it being related to a Yeti, a large primate creature that lives in colder climates, and Electivire already gets Ice punch, so why not take the word Cooldown a little more literally? Electivire is shown to have a powerful electrical output, meaning that it surely has to take some time to collect itself, it has to cooldown. Additionally, when someone overworks or exhausts themselves, they might tend to get hot, just like some electrical devices do when they're being used for extended periods of time. Eventually they cooldown, and become cooler again.
Electivire-M @ Electivirite
Ability: Supercharged
Stats: 75/145/117/100/97/105

Supercharged: Moves with a recharging turn do not need to recharge. Affected moves:

New Moves: Bulk Up, Meteor Assault, Plasma Fists (cmon this needs some good physical Electric STAB and this move is perfect)

Competitive Description: An Electric/Fighting sub without the Fighting. It mostly works as a set-up sweeper with its newfound Electric STAB + Meteor Assault.
Electivire-Mega
Typing:
/

New Ability: Burning Blackout - This Pokémon's first damaging Electric-type attack has a same-type attack bonus (STAB) of 2.25 and a 30% chance to burn, but replaces its Electric type with Dark type upon successful damage until it switches out.
{abilities were Motor Drive/ Vital Spirit (hidden ability)}

NEW STATS
HP:
Atk: 123 → 140 (+17)
Def: 067 → 100 (+33)
SpA: 095 → 100 (+05)
SpD: 085 → 105 (+20)
Spe: 095 → 120 (+25)
(BST: 540 → 640)

Movepool Additions: Drain Punch, Parting Shot, Pursuit, Zing Zap

Description: I figured I'd take my STAB at "Electric/Fighting Electivire-Mega" too despite originally planning for Electric/Dark Electivire-Mega even before the need to take Raichu-Mega(-Kantonian) into account of course. Since I am greedy, I'm trying to have it both ways while also making it clear from the get-go that my Electivire-Mega is more about "mind games" and tanking attacks instead "just" doing a bunch of damage since Raichu-Mega-K already does that and should do it better, at least if it's going to be far frailer physically and almost always kill itself while murdering the competition while having no recourse to heal itself unlike this mon, which now has STAB Drain Punch. Between access to Drain Punch, this also now having access to what is unfortunately the currently strongest, generically available physical Electric type without recoil in the form of Zing Zap--sad, isn't it?--as well as Parting Shot, and this being able to intentionally change part of its typing whenever it wants to unlike Morpeko and semi-permanently at that, this Electrivire-Mega at least attempts to maintain momentum in a slightly different way than Raichu-Mega-K more aggressively does.

Just keep this away from Fairies if you're going to throw out Electric attacks with no reservation though. That's what Raichu-Mega-K is for anyway (unless you really want a burning Discharge in Doubles, which writes itself).

:Electivire: Mega Electivire:
Typing:

Ability:
BZZZT - Truant clone
Atk: 188 (+65)
Def: 77 (+10)
Spatk: 95
Spdef: 95 (+10)
Speed: 110 (+15)
New Moves: None!
Description: Hi! When it mega evolves, Electivire's newfound strength and electrical charge is too much to handle, which requires it to take a break every turn. I've always wanted an egregiously strong pokemon with a drawback as a mega, and I thought this ability was perfect for Electivire (I've always found it similar-looking to Slaking). Pretty simple, but notably, the giga impact cooldown time is negated by truant, so maybe we can see huge giga impacts be important. I gave it the normal type, to further endorse giga impact. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this sub as well! Should be pretty fun!
Mega Electivire
New Ability: Motor Drive/Vital Spirit --> Guard Break (This Pokemon's contact moves lower the target's Special Defense by 1 stage.)
New Typing
: Electric (unchanged)

New Stats:
ATK: 123 --> 143 (+20)
DEF
: 67 --> 112 (+45)
SPA
: 95 --> 118 (+23)
SPD
: 85 (-)
SPE
: 95 --> 107 (+12)

New Moves
: Parabolic Charge, Grass Knot, Knock Off, Giga Drain, Wrap

Desc: Electivire's powerful punches break the target's concentration, leaving them vulnerable to Special moves from itself or its allies!

Physical Electric-types are always in an interesting position for mixed potential, I think; all their highest-powered moves are on the Special side, and their generally ubiquitous pivoting move, Volt Switch, is also a Special move. This leads to a cool sort of rhythm where a switch-in that Electivire doesn't want to stay in on is going to get hurt much more than usual by it pivoting out.

After much debating I also decided to give this Grass Knot. As mentioned above, Grass Knot is one of only four Special contact moves, and it helps Electivire in handling more kinds of threats: the main issue with this kind of Ability on an Electric-type is that the main resists to it are also immune, so Grass Knot helps soften Ground-type resistance while generally being a very unspammable move that won't be able to break very many threats on its own. Electivire has a wide movepool, but not a whole lot of variety in the realm of "special coverage", so this should help with that. In addition to that, it also (obviously) has the whole Hidden Power suite to choose from as far as special coverage goes, which lets it pick its battles in what exactly it wants to target with boosted coverage.

Physical Defense bias gives it decent ranges against Scarf Lando's EQ, but only if it invests in bulk. The SpDef drops give it some more leeway in whether or not it actually needs to invest in Special Attack in order to function as a mixed attacker, as it actually deals roughly appreciable damage to targets at -1 with no SpA investment whatsoever:
  • 252+ Atk Electivire Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 174-205 (43 - 50.7%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO
  • 0- SpA Electivire Thunderbolt vs. -1 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 151-178 (37.3 - 44%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Parabolic Charge and Giga Drain synergize with the ability in a similar manner as Volt Switch, its harder-hitting Physical moves softening foes up so it can get some health back. This specifically is really interesting in combination with its best Phys STAB being Wild Charge; using a Wild Charge softens up a foe to heal more from Parabolic Charge, which helps you Wild Charge again, and so on.

More decidedly useless tech options: It has Dual Chop access which sounds hilarious, and I could see Quick Attack being used in doubles formats in theory. Wrap is a trapping move that is contact, locking a switch-in and lowering their SpD at the same time.
Mega-Electivire
Ability: Misty Surge

Stats:
ATK: 123 -> 143 (+20)
DEF: 67 -> 107 (+40)
SPA: 95 -> 105 (+10)
SPD: 85 -> 115 (+30)
SPE: 95 -> 95
New Moves: Play Rough, Bulk Up
Summary: A lot of physical attackers are heavily hindered by status conditions such as burn and Toxic. However, with the newfound ability to become a fog machine powered by its electricity, it has the ability Misty Terrain, which can protect it from all of those statuses. The main burn tool, Scald, is also a Water type move, which Electivire can hit for super effective damage. Currently, the main checks for fairy types are Pokémon like Corviknight and Heatran too, which it can hit with Earthquake and its Electric STABS.
(please yell at me if I messed anything up or missed anything!)

As always, I really appreciate everyone who took the time to respond to the feedback I gave!!
It seems like almost everyone once again managed to edit their subs in time, which is always fantastic to see!

I'll still take this opportunity to tag everyone who didn't make it in case you still wanted to make changes, of course!
As is the usual policy, it's not too late to update your sub if you just didn't have time in the last 24 hours! If you need to make any changes to a disqualified sub before the voting phase closes, just let us know by DM or in the Discord, and I'll add it back right away if it's fixed! As long as there are still people voting, you have time to win their votes, haha.
Please make sure to get in touch with the same council member who compiled subs for that Pokémon!
That is, please reach out to me if you have changes to make to Jynx or Electivire and BlueRay if you have changes to make to Magmortar.
None of us can edit each other's posts, so it's important to let the right person know about any updates! C:

With that said, subs from the following people are still being excluded at the moment:

:jynx::magmortar:
ArhamA (unedited okay, I saw a DM from them as I was logging on to post this, but all they asked was if they should do the things I already said they should do, so I'm not really gonna blame myself here)

:magmortar: Double Iron Bash (concern with Sharp Striker aaa I'm really sorry - I wish we had had more time to communicate this to you, but Sharp Striker was already scheduled to be nerfed independently of your sub because of Cinderace; it's been discussed in #balance-changes on Discord and BlueRay had even already written the announcement post for the poll by the time you made your edit :< this one will have to be excluded or replaced with something else, not necessarily because it's unbalanced but because it will create a very awkward conflict of interest with the ongoing poll)

If either of you still want to make changes and get them in, now would be the time!
Every other submission (unless I missed anything but definitely please yell at me if I did) is included! Thank you guys so much for your cooperation and your fantastic ideas! C:

Reminder on Voting Rules

For a reminder, Megas for All uses a variation on instant runoff voting, meaning that it uses a systematic process of elimination to find the submission that's supported by the most people. This system takes into account both the total number of people who voted for the submission at all and how those people ranked it in relation to any other submissions that have not been eliminated.

Your votes should consist of however many submissions you like.​
Including a submission in your post at all is "voting for it," but you can vote for as many (or as few) as you want! It doesn't have to be exactly three.​
Your votes should also be ranked from most preferred to least preferred, just like they were in the previous system.​

It's also now acceptable to self-vote in first!​
One of the benefits of the new system is that you get less extreme an advantage from this and there's not as much room for one individual to swing the results dramatically in their own favor, so we can afford to loosen up the rules in that area.​
That said, I would still ask you to include at least two other people in your vote if one of your votes is for yourself (this was already in the rules before).​

Please make sure you tell inkbug if you edit your vote! He generally adds them to his list as soon as they're posted, so edits may go unnoticed. You can contact him on his profile here or on the Discord. C:​

Voting will close at 0:00 GMT on Saturday, the 25th of September (some 55 hours from this post)!

One more quick update to close off the compilation:​

Please also vote on the Pokémon you'd like to see in slate 37!!
--> Here is the poll for that! <--​

Voting for the featured Pokémon of slate 37 will last as long as the voting period for the winners of slate 36!
We'll announce slate 37 at the same time the current voting period closes (some two days from now), and then you'll have another few days to prepare before slate 37 officially opens. C:​

Fuck you Lord for making me think about this mod again. I cut myself off for a reason.

If either of these can't be included, or if either of them win, please do not notify me. I do not want to know what happens to them. I just want to leave them here and be done with this mod.

Mega Electivire
Type:
Electric
Ability: Magnet Pull
Stats:
HP: 75​
Att: 173 (+50)
Def: 67​
SpA: 105 (+10)
SpD: 115 (+30)

Electivire's tails join together and form the coil of an electromagnet. Because Steel-types are often the defensive pillar of a team, trapping them is a valuable niche. However, one Steel in particular stands above the rest, and that's Heatran. Heatran is not an easy Steel to trap. Magnezone, the premier Steel-type trapper, is outsped and OHKOed, and even if Scarfed, cannot OHKO back. Alolan Golem, the other semi-viable Steel-type trapper, can outspeed and OHKO Heatran with Earthquake, but must hold a Choice Scarf to do so, as otherwise it is OHKOed by Earth Power. It also struggles to deal with non-Heatran Steels compared to Magnezone.

Enter Mega Electivire, the ultimate Steel-type trapper. With its modest special bulk and single typing, it can potentially switch into a defensive Heatran's Earth Power and not immediately explode, and with its superior Speed, it can easily dispatch Heatran with Earthquake. It can do the same verus Magnezone, and against the likes of Skarmory and Ferrothorn, its high Attack let its Wild Charges and Fire Punches do what Alolan Golem's couldn't.

Mega Jynx
Type:
Ice / Psychic
Ability: Drought
Moves: Solar Beam, Weather Ball
Stats:
HP: 65​
Att: 50​
Def: 35​
SpA: 145 (+30)​
SpD: 145 (+50)​
Spe: 115 (+20)​

Remember when I made Mega Regice a reference to Kubla Khan's sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice? I'm doing it again. This time, Jynx is an even better representation of Kubla Khan, as it references both the poem's singing woman (maybe women, plural?) as well as its uncomfortable sexual undertones (unrelated to the woman, mind you; the second stanza has a lot of geology-themed innuendos).

Mega Jynx has several things going for it. It's very fast, and its great special bulk lets it more easily set up a Nasty Plot. It also gets a major improvement in its Steel coverage with Weather Ball, which is not only stronger and more accurate than Focus Blast, but also isn't stuffed by Mega Dhelmise.

+2 252 SpA Jynx-Mega Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Dhelmise-Mega in Heavy Rain: 314-370 (91.2 - 107.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

(that calc is probably outdated, I think Dhelm got nerfed since I wrote this)

Please do not like this post or anything. Just... let me be free of this mod.

Below, you'll find a link to the Balance Change Poll on the following Pokémon: Mega Cinderace, Mega Incineroar, Mega Goodra, Mega Toucannon, Mega Boltund, and Mega Meowstic-M. Make sure to read the justifications for each of the aforementioned Mega Pokémon. If you participate in the Balance Change Poll, you are required to log into your Google account but don't worry, no one but you yourself can see your own email address.

Since M4Auction will soon start, I took the initiative to nerf Mega Cinderace so that it can be unbanned for VGC. Furthermore, it might be fine for Singles. These are the changes I had in mind:

1) Sharp Striker's damage boost goes from 1.5 to 1.2, allowing more Pokémon to check it reasonably.
2) Removal of Energy Ball, allowing more Pokémon to check Mega Cinderace and Cinderace better, like Slowbro or Hippowdon.
3) New stat changes: 80 HP | 131 Atk | 85 Def | 125 SpA | 110 SpD | 99 Spe
Original stats: 80 HP | 126 Atk | 95 Def | 135 SpA | 95 SpD | 99 Spe

Mega Cinderace's Def is lowered to allow Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid-Strike to OHKO it with Aqua Jet after Stealth Rock. The SpA drop further makes sure Mega Cinderace won't hit too hard on the special side. The slight Atk increase barely changes the math and serves as a slight stat dump.
Since Incineroar's signature move Darkest Lariat is all about swinging both arms to hit a target, the community felt like Rapid Spin would be a perfect flavour choice for Incineroar. Moreover, this move synergizes well with Incineroar's support moves, like Parting Shot or Snarl if ever you need more speed to disrupt your opponent's strategy better.
Mega Goodra has the ability Gooey, which lowers a Pokémon's Speed by 1 stage if Mega Goodra got hurt by its contact move. As a result, the ability encourages Mega Goodra to switch into physically inclined attackers, like Kartana or Urshifu-Rapid-Strike. Therefore, it appreciates physical bulk to check these Pokémon better. Furthermore, in order to make progress, it also needs a good enough Special Attack to force out these Pokémon when their Speed got lowered. As pivot moves like U-Turn are very common, Mega Goodra needs some form of recovery to reactivate its ability several times in a game, thus checking threats much better.
These are the balance changes I had in mind:

1) Add Moonlight.
2) New stat changes: 90 HP | 100 Atk | 110 Def | 145 SpA | 150 SpD | 105 Spe
Original stats: 90 HP | 120 Atk | 120 Def | 130 SpA | 150 SpD | 90 Spe

110 Def was chosen to make sure you almost never 2HKO Blissey with Body Press if M Goodra were Bold and had 252 Def. With base 105 Spe, there's hopefully less of an incentive to run Timid to threaten contact users above 105 base speed, likely forcing you to run more bulk on M Goodra and improving its bulk in general. As for the SpA, it is high enough to make up for the bulk investment and threaten specific targets like Urshifu-Rapid-Strike or Rillaboom so that they are less likely to attack it a second time once M Goodra switches in.
Since the explanation is pretty long, I'm going to post a brief summary of what its balance changes entails:

1) Replacing the dual Fire / Flying type with Grass / Flying reduces Mega Toucannon's tough competition from Fire / Flying Pokémon.
2) The new Grass / Flying dual type synergizes extremely well with Fire Pokémon like Heatran and Coalossal in VGC
3) Mega Toucannon would be the first non STAB -ater user to distinguish itself from traditional -ate users, taking advantage of this niche for offensive and supportive purposes; in the case of the former, this means getting past Pokémon that usually trouble Fire Pokémon like Quagsire or Slowbro; in the case of the latter, it means excellent synergy with Fire Pokémon in VGC, providing Tailwind and Boomburst to activate abilities like Flash Fire or Steam Engine and threatening Ground/Grass/Rock/Flying Pokémon.
4) Two new stat change proposals, which you will see below the explanation. One of the stat change proposals favours a mixed set, the other a special set for better efficiency in VGC.
5) Adding Apple Acid, Hurricane, and Nasty Plot to make special sets possible.

Explanation
Mega Toucannon has a dual Fire / Flying type; as a result, it will face competition from many other Pokémon who share this dual type, like Charizard, Mega Charizard-Y, Mega Talonflame, and Moltres. Charizard is commonly used on Sun teams and provides immediate wallbreaking power; Mega Charizard-Y has more bulk and, thanks to Drought, its Fire moves are more powerful than Mega Toucannon's non Sun boosted Fire moves. Mega Talonflame, on the other hand, is faster and has a very good niche as a trapper. Lastly, Moltres provides defensive utility.

So, as a Fire / Flying Pokémon, Mega Toucannon barely has anything substantial to offer. While the combination of SD + Return is incredibly powerful and would be a good justification over other Fire / Flying Pokémon, Mega Toucannon is not fast enough in such a fast paced metagame; moreover, it is extremely weak to Stealth Rock, meaning it doesn't have many switch-in opportunities, especially when it's also super frail to begin with.

Because of these reasons, I started thinking about a more different approach. After Mega Toucannon's performance in VGC and after realizing its potential as an enabler for Heatran and Coalossal (since they have Flash Fire / Steam Engine), I decided to go for sth that would help Mega Toucannon even more in this format. And thus came the idea of a dual Grass / Flying type for Mega Toucannon. It's an excellent type to check types that threaten Heatran and Coalossal, such as Ground, Water, Fighting, and Rock. In turn, the aforementioned Fire Pokémon can take care of Ice and Fire Pokémon. In Singles, Mega Toucannon has much more switch in opportunities as it isn't too crippled by Stealth Rock. STAB Grass means it can actually make progress against Water and Ground Pokémon like Slowbro, Quagsire or Hippowdown that usually trouble Fire Pokémon.

Furthermore, a Grass / Flying Pokémon with a non STAB ate ability is a much more interesting approach than your traditional STAB abusers; Grass Pokémon tend to struggle with Bug (Scizor), Grass (Amoonguss / Ferrothorn), and Steel, which Ignite can take care of. As I've already mentioned, a Grass Pokémon can use such an ability for supportive purposes as Flash Fire or Steam Engine users can launch powerful Fire moves or be super fast. And it doesn't even share many same weaknesses with Fire Pokémon.

Stat change proposal but first here the original stats: 80 HP | 140 Atk | 85 Def | 95 SpA | 85 SpD | 100 Spe

1) New stat change proposal, version 1: 80 HP | 125 Atk | 75 Def | 100 SpA | 85 SpD | 120 Spe
2) New stat change proposal, version 2: 80 HP | 75 Atk | 86 Def | 120 SpA | 106 SpD | 118 Spe

Explanation for version 1:
For Singles, the offensive spreads are sufficient for lategame cleaning purposes; for instance, at +2, Toucannon can take out Corviknight with Return after Stealth Rock, and take out Garchomp with Hurricane. This Toucannon is walled or checked very well by Heatran, Zapdos, Glowking and Tornadus-T on the defensive side. Protean Greninja, Choice Scarf Landorus-T and Weavile, among others, can take it out immediately. This Toucannon probably won't be super amazing as it's kinda frail but, offensive and speed wise, it does a good enough job; you have to decide between an offensive move to hit more targets or Roost for more longevity, though. Moreover, the stats are not super optimized for VGC purposes, they are just enough to do an okay job. You could say that this proposal favours Singles more than VGC and tries to be more diverse as it makes mixed, physical or just special sets possible, at the cost of overall good efficiency in one aspect; it's an attempt to somewhat have the best of two worlds.

Explanation for version 2:
If Toucannon solely focuses on a special set, you have more room to improve its bulk and power in that regard, which is super nice in VGC where it doesn't have to be only used alongside Heatran and / or Coalossal. For instance, it's possible to run a more offensive set with Nasty Plot rather than a supportive set with Tailwind.

Fun fact, this Toucannon's Boomburst is significantly overshadowed by Mega Meowstic-F's Moonblast and is a bit weaker than Choice Scarf Keldeo's Hydro Pump. So, there are limitations to its wallbreaking power. While you do manage to threaten Zapdos, it's checked well by Blissey. Since it's slower than the other proposed Toucannon, M Hydreigon or Cinderace can deal with it. With improved bulk, this Toucannon can stay longer on the field in VGC as it's able to avoid a 2HKO from Icy Wind Milotic or a 1HKO from Ice Beam Milotic, among others.

This version is much more suited for VGC but it's still very efficient in Singles as it has a much higher Special Attack. Though, this is only limited to special sets and misses out on the fun and unpredictable aspect of mixed, physical or special sets. It's up to you what version you prefer!
This is just a minor change. Since M4A UU was recently created, some people felt like Mega Boltund would thrive there well, especially if it had access to Hidden Power to check threats like Rhyperior or Swampert. Moreover, Hidden Power would further encourage mixed or special sets since Mega Boltund has Competitive pre-Mega and got Dazzling Gleam from the last poll.
Replace Brick Break with Psychic Fangs to allow Meowstic-M to check Buzzwole better and have some utility in VGC where it can rely on a STAB move to destroy screens.

:Magmortar:
01. Paulluxx & abismal
02. BlueRay (me)
03. EeveeGirl1380
04. The Damned
05. SimpyShrimp & ARandomPerson
06. Violettes

07. pupugugu
08. Exploziff
09. jazzmat
10. bekama
11. Magmajudis

:Jynx:
01. KeroseneZanchu & Paulluxx
02. Mossy Sandwich
03. DrPumpkinz
04. bekama

05. ARandomPerson
06. jazzmat
07. lydian
08. Violettes

01. BlueRay (me)
02. okispokis
03. abismal
04. I-Deepblue-I & Paulluxx
05. jazzmat
06. inkbug

07. Gekokeso
08. Exploziff
09. Violettes
10. shinxthe17!
11. EeveeGirl1380

ItzaDelta

formerly I-Deepblue-I
Magmortar:
1. EeveeGirl1380
2. jazzmat
3. Paulluxx & Abismal
4. The Damned
5. SimpyShrimp & ARandomPerson
6. Magmajudis
7. BlueRay
8. Hematemesis

Jynx:
1. okispokis
2. jazzmat
3. Dr.Pumpkinz
4. SimpyShrimp & I-Deepblue-I
5. KeroseneZanchu & Paulluxx
6. Lydian
7. Mossy Sandwich
8. Violettes

Electivire:
1. Paulluxx & I-Deepblue-I
2. inkbug
3. abismal
4. Hematemesis
5. BlueRay
6. bekama
7. Violettes
8. SimpyShrimp

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
:bw/magmortar:
1: Paulluxx & Abismal
2: Violettes
3: lydian
4: Exploziff
5: Gravity Monkey
6: EeveeGirl1380
7: okispokis
8: The Damned

1: shinxthe17!
2: okispokis
3: DrPumpkinz
4: Mossy Sandwich
5: Gekokeso
6: LordThemberchaud
7: Violettes
8: lydian
9: Rcook
10: Exploziff

1: inkbug
2: okispokis
3: Violettes
4: SimpyShrimp
5: abismal
6: |-Deepblue-| & Paulluxx
7: shinxthe17!
8: lydian

Last edited:
:magmortar:
1) SimpyShrimp & ARandomPerson
2) Paulluxx & abismal
3) lydian
4) EeveeGirl1380
5) Violettes

1) shinx
2) Gekokeso
3) LordThemberchaud
4) lydian
5) StarFalcon555
6) I-Deepblue-I and Paulluxx

1) Shrimp/Deepblue
2) lydian
3) Mossy Sandwich
4) LordThemberchaud
5) bekama
6) KeroseneZanchu and Paulluxx

Can you imagine if all of Paul's colabs won this slate?

LordThemberchaud (SV)
Gekokeso
Simpyshrimp
depressed lion
Exploziff
Violettes
BlueRay
:Smogjynx:
LordThemberchaud (SV)
jazzmat
Mossy Sandwich
Simpyshrimp and I-DeepBlue-I
okispokis
Violettes
lydian
Hematemasis
Cratersmash
LordThemberchaud (SV)
depressed lion
Magmajudis
Exploziff
Violettes
okispokis
Gravity Monkey

So many good subs, so hard to choose runoff votes.

1) Paulluxx & abismal
yeah no way this isn't winning, this is such a meticulously planned submission and it would be a no brainer to vote for it. Absolute beast of a submission u2.

2) okispokis
3) Hematemesis
S W A G

4) Eeveegirl1380
5) Exploziff
6) lydian
7) GravityMonkey
8) Cratersmash
9) Violettes
10) jazzmat

:jynx:
1) Mossy Sandwich
Gotta love anti-Rilla subs. All hail canon ability propaganda.

2) Shrimp & Deepblue
Very creative Ice Face sub.

3) DrPumpkinz
4) Exploziff
5) Kero & Paul
6) okispokis
7) jazzmat

1) shinxthe17
Alright, so, I have a self-vote this time. However, I would like to actually justify this self-vote:
A) The synergy my sub has with Wild Charge and Drain Punch, combined with Electroplating, is a unique gimmick that allows it to not only recover the damage it loses more efficiently, but also allow for great high risk, high reward gameplay when paired alongside a Magnezone.
B) Electroplating's unique attributes allow for some creative playstyles in VGC, such as the mentioned Grassy Seed Rillaboom I mentioned in my original post. I'm sure the VGC playerbase can come up with better ideas than those!
C) Looking at all the remaining Electric-types that have yet to be slated, I believe this is literally the last Pokemon that fits Electroplating while also making sense flavor-wise.
Hopefully this doesn't make me as narcissistic as people already perceive me to be though tbf this could backfire really badly

2) abismal
3) Gekokeso
4) Violettes
5) okispokis
6) EeveeGirl1380
7) StarFalcon555
8) The Damned

Kudos to everyone who subbed this slate. This has probably got to be my favourite slate so far, and everyone has a fair shot of winning with their respective subs, so good luck!

1. Blueray
2. Violettes
3. Pupugugu
4. Paulluxx and Abismal
5. Magmajudis
6. Exploziff
7. Gravity Monkey

1. The Damned
2. Violettes
3. Blueray
4. SimpyShrimp
5. Double Iron Bash
6. Lydian
7. Lordthemberchaud

1. Mossy Sandwich
2. SimpyShrimp and I-Deepblue-I
3. DrPumpkinz
4. Violettes
5. Exploziff
6. ARandomPerson
7. Okispokis

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
Myself and my homie Abismal
Blueray <3
Okispokis
Gravity Monkey
The Damned
Eeveegirl

Myself and my buddy KeroseneZanchu
Dr Pumpkinz
Jazzmat
Okispokis
Mossy Sandwich
Violettes

Blueray <3
Myself and my dude I-Deepblue-I
The Damned
Inkbug
Double Iron Bash
Thanks to Blue on the formatting stuff and things.
Edit: No votes changed but I believe this is my 200th smogon post :O

Last edited:
As usual, rather difficult to narrow things down, but I'll try to focus for once and limit myself to "just" a Top 10:

:magmortar: Magmortar-Mega
01. SimpyShrimp & ARandomPerson
02. okispokis
03. Paulluxx & abismal
04. Gravity Monkey
05. Violettes
06. depressedlion
07. lydian
08. LordThemberchaud
09. Cratersmash
10. BlueRay

:jynx: Jynx-Mega
01. okispokis
02. Mossy Sandwich
03. ARandomPerson
04. Violettes
05. Gekokeso
06. LordThemberchaud
07. jazzmat
08. Rcook
09. KerosenseZanchu and Paulluxx
10. DrPumpkinz

:electivire: Electivire-Mega
01. shinxthe17!
02. Violettes
03. LordThemberchaud
04. Hematemesis
05. The Damned [self-vote]
06. abismal
07. lydian
08. AhramA
09. BlueRay
10. inkbug

Rosiario

Banned deucer.
I’d just like to say that I’m extremely grateful to you all for pushing my Primarina sub to victory, and I can’t wait to see you all put it to good use! (I’m not very good at battling myself.) I’ll be watching them replays!

With that out of the way, Gravity Monkey is my first place vote for Magmortar! I may be a bit biased because of flavor reasons (I saw your art for it on the Discord and it looked really cool!!!), but I also think Fire/Poison is a really cool type and it has a lot of possibilities!
Second comes Paulluxx and Abismal - it really is a very carefully created submission and I appreciate the effort and polishing that went into it. It’s a good idea from the start too, so the extra effort really helps it shine.
Third place vote for Swagmortar goes to Swagmortar. (Hematemesis).

First for Jynx is obviously Paul and Kero! I have to say the whole concept is hilarious from the get-go, but it unexpectedly also has really interesting implications on its role and how it interacts with other Pokémon. The fact that Jynx could be viably turned into a physically defensive Intimidate-immune mixed attacker with Fire coverage is insane and I feel like it’s too big of an opportunity to miss!
Second place goes to Exploziff - I actually think this concept is super neat and makes Jynx feel somewhere in between Mimikyu and Eiscue without directly ripping Ice Face and giving it a lot of ways to differentiate itself from Mimikyu.
Third place goes to depressed lion. (I don’t actually hope this wins because it sounds really weird and not that interesting but I have faith in one of the other two winning and I felt the effort and hilarity of this flavor deserved a shoutout of some kind!)

First place in the Electivire section is inkbug! I really like all the different attempts at making viable mixed attackers this slate and this is definitely one of the best takes! There’s a lot of neat interactions here, and I appreciate the attempt to take advantage of some of the limited pool of special contact moves on top of it!
Second place is EeveeGirl1380 - Misty Surge is a really unique direction to take Electivire and I doubt many people were expecting it, but I feel it’s well done and creative! Good luck!
Third place is shinxthe17! Type changing/addition/subtraction on the opponent is always messy and hard to make both interesting and viable, but I think you really succeeded here and I’m here for it!!

Let's vote

Magmortar

1. Paullux and Abismal
Loved this sub so much and it is a regular ability that is really overlooked for beeing exclusive for a defensive pokemon. Just didn't like scald on it, but the sub is so good i just ignore it.

2. SimpyShrimp and ARandomPerson
Love interactions with hazards, specially for rock weak pokemon that can't use boots, in a way that makes the enemy team weak to it.

3. Okispokis
Another great regular ability that is overlooked due to beeing exclusive a purely defensive pokemon.

Electivire

1. SimpyShrimp
Love the idea of making enemies typless while boosting its moves that are no longer resisted.

2. Shinxthe17
Another typing interaction I loved, this time giving steel type.

3. EeveeGirl1380
Unexpected and surprisingly good. I liked it.

Jynx

1. Gekokeso
Voting because this sub makes me remember the time when i used the yellow-masked "dating" app por G people: you never know what to expect and you can't trust what the screen shows you.

2. SimpyShrimp and DeepBlue (idk why this sounds like a fancy dish served on seafruit restaurant)
Look at her face. It's just perfect for beeing Ice Face.

3. depressed lion (sv)
The fishness is real.

1. okispokis
2. LordThemberchaud
3. lydian
4. ARandomPerson
5. ry4242

1. jazzmat
2. okispokis
3. lydian
4. SimpyShrimp
5. bekama
6. abismal
7. Rcook
8. shinxthe17!
9. LordThemberchaud
10. EeveeGirl1380

:Magmortar:
1. okispokis
2. Cratersmash
3. Exploziff
4. Violettes
5. Rcook
6. Gravity Monkey
7. LordThemberchaud

KeroseneZanchu

Banned deucer.
Jynx:
1. KeroseneZanchu and Paulluxx, the chad squad
2. DrPumpkinz
3. Moldy Sandwich
4. Gekokeso

Magmortar:
1. Gravity Monkey
2. Paulluxx and abismal
3. BlueRay
4. Magmajudis

Electivire:
1. jazzmat
2. Violettes
3. abismal
4. inkbug
5. EeveeGirl1380
6. shinxthe17!
7. StarFalcon555
8. BlueRay
9. Exploziff
10. okispokis
11. DeepBlue and Paulluxx
12. Hematemesis
13. SimpyShrimp
14. Rcook
15. LordThemberchaud
16. Lydian
17. bekama
18. Double Iron Bash
19. The Damned
20. depressed lion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 6)