Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

Below, my votes.

:Solrock:
01. Paulluxx & XtheGAMEmaster
02. lydian
03. quagsi & Mossy Sandwich
04. okispokis
05. snowdrops
06. NANI?!

07. abismal
08. Gekokeso
09. DrPumpkinz
10. DarkFairy
11. Eeveekid10
12. Agent9
13. Turtlek

:Zangoose:
01. Paulluxx & Sticky Fingaaa
02. Agent9
03. Lord Pxperto
04. Eeveegirl1380
05. War Incarnate

06. abismal
07. quagsi
08. Snowdrops
09. DarkFairy & XtheGAMEmaster
10. okispokis

11. DrPumpkinz
12. my_man
13. I-Deepblue-I
14. Eeveekid10
15. lydian

:Seviper:
01. BlueRay (me)
02. DrPumpkinz
03. Exploziff
04. Snowdrops
05. okispokis & NANI?!

06. Gekokeso
07. War Incarnate
08. abismal
09. Eeveekid10
10. Gravity Monkey

11. Dead by Daylight
12. XtheGAMEmaster & DarkFairy
13. TGtz8920
14. Agent 9
15. Turtlek

Wow, I'm actually around to vote for once. What year is it? (Belated congrats to the previous slate winners.)

:solrock:
01. NANI?!
02. Gekokeso
03. Paulluxx & XtheGAMEmaster
04. quagsi & Mossy Sandiwch
05. DrPumpkinz
06. Snowdrops
07. okispokis
08. lydian
09. Agent 9
10. abismal

:zangoose:
01. DarkFairy & XtheGAMEmaster
02. lydian
03. okispokis
04. DrPumpkinz
05. War Incarnate
06. EeveeGirl1380
07. Paulluxx & Sticky Fingaaa
08. my_man
09. quagsi
10. Lord Pxperto

:seviper:
01. DrPumpkinz
02. Gekokeso
03. BlueRay
04. okispokis & NANI?!
05. Gravity Monkey
06. XtheGAMEmaster & DarkFairy
07. War Incarnate
08. Dead by Daylight
09. Eeveekid10
10. Turtlek

Dead by Daylight

16 colors, I’m so lonely
is a Pre-Contributor
I finally voted! No way!

:solrock:
Maybe this is the piece of the sun that broke off the other day!

1. quagsi & Mossy Sandwich
2. DarkFairy
3. okispokis
4. Snowdrops
5. Eeveekid10

:zangoose:
Now I’m homeless because of that snake…

1. Paulluxx and Sticky Fingaaa
2. DarkFairy and XtheGameMaster
3. okispokis
4. Lord Pxperto
5. Dr Pumpkinz

Now I’m dead because of that mongoose…

1. Gravity Monkey
2. Dead by Daylight (SV)
3. abismal
4. War Incarnate
5. Eeveekid10

1676941510991.png

1) TGtz8920
2) XtheGAMEmaster + DarkFairy
3) Eeveekid10
4) Agent 9
5) BlueRay
6) Snowdrops

1676941519184.png

1) XtheGAMemaster + DarkFairy
2) Quagsi
3) my_man
4) Paulluxx + StickyFinga
5) War Incarnate
6) EeveeGirl1380

1676941524102.png

1) XtheGAMEmaster + Paulluxx
2) Dr. Pumpkinz
3) Quagsi + Mossy
4) Snowdrops
5) DarkFairy
6) Nani

Eeveekid10

Whether to uturn or eq the heatran?
Hi I am with my votes
1) Dead By Daylight's Serpent Of The Sea
2) My Protein Seviper
3) Snowdrops' Acidic Surge Seviper
4) Dr. Pumpkin's Terrorizing Seviper
5) Blueray's Dry Skin Seviper

:Zangoose:
1) My Sheer Force Zangoose
2) Delta's Merciless Zangoose
3) War Incarnate's Zangoose with a Tainted Touch
4) Paulluxx, Sticky Fingaa and their Magic Guard Zangoose
5)Eeveegirl1380's Regenerator

:Solrock:
1) Snowdrops' Rotation Solrock
2) Agent 9's Supernova
3) My Counter Clockwise Spiral Solrock
4) Abismal's Magnet Pull Solrock
5) NANI!?'s Dazzling Solrock

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
Hello again everyone! The votes are in!
Before I get started, a quick run-down of how this works:
  • Each vote contributes one point to its first-place choice
  • The candidates are ordered based on both the number of first-place votes and the number of total votes, and eliminated from the bottom
  • Any vote whose first choice has been eliminated instead gives its point to its second choice, or whatever its next ranking is. (On the sheet, points that have moved in this manner are highlighted in yellow.)
  • The elimination and re-ranking process continues until there are two remaining, upon which the one with more points is the winner.
  • You can view the whole thing on this spreadsheet.
Without further ado...
:zangoose: Mega Zangoose: Paulluxx & Sticky Fingaaa !!
:BW/Zangoose:
Mega Zangoose
Type: Normal
Ability: Magic Guard
Stats:
HP: 73
Atk: 115 -> 145
Def: 60 -> 90
SpA: 60
SpD: 60 -> 90
Spe: 90 -> 100
New Moves: Recover

Concept:
“A powerful warrior, the Zangoose tracks its immortal opponent”

From the beginning we knew we wanted an ability that took advantage of Zangoose’s strengths as a Pokémon. Not anything that just followed its flavor, originally we had an idea about sharing chip damage but, then I thought about Magic Guard as, intrinsically the myth of the Mongoose and the Serpent isn’t only a myth but also. The mongoose is actually revered and sacred under the worship of the Mesopotamian Magic god who was specifically invoked for protection from snakes. So magic guard just like, fit. Magic guard Pokémon also consistently have Recovery, so we thought Recover as an addition made sense. Especially when we learned of its ability to heal itself naturally from things using its Nicotinic acetylcholine receptorWhich I thought was very fascinating as it’s one of only 4 Mammals with such an ability
Competitive Design: (Written by one Sticky Fingaa)

So, me and Paul were brainstorming what our Zangoose should be, when we thought about Magic Guard, which not only fits really well with Zangoose's thematic, but also synergizes with Zangoose's toolkit perfectly. Zangoose can rely on Double-Edge's raw power without having to worry about recoil damage, while also not caring about hazards or any other type of residual damage such as poison, being an active threat to the opposing team with its huge attack allied to setup moves such as SD and Belly Drum and its incredible movepool. Zangoose also benefits a lot from the defensive utility it gets through Magic Guard and the additional bulk, being able to act as a Stallbreaker with Taunt + Recover, and possibly Facade to ignore potential burns
1677017830491.png

:seviper: Mega Seviper: BlueRay !!
Mega Seviper

New Ability
: Dry Skin

Type
: Poison | Dark

New Stats

HP: 73
Attack: 100 → 131 (+31)
Defense: 60 → 78 (+18)
Special Attack: 100
Special Defense: 60 → 78 (+18)
Speed: 65 → 98 (+33)
BST: 458 → 558

New Moves:
- Power Trip, Gunk Shot (learns it in gen 9)

Description:
1) Design concept
Too much water is never a bad idea for your skin! If you're a snake, that is.

Have you ever wondered why Seviper are mostly found in the grass near mountains and waters? As a snake's skin can dry, this animal will gravitate towards any puddles, wet grass, sunken spots, and other stagnant water; after all, water helps snakes get rid of mites and shed retained skin. Furthermore, these wet places are ideal for hunting purposes since rodents and insects are attracted to this environment. Against this background, Dry Skin represents a very natural and fitting ability choice on Seviper. This is further underlined by the fact that Seviper's Japanese name--Habunake--contains the term habu, which refers to a sub group of the Crotalinae. Some members of this group of vipers are aquatic in nature. So, it's not difficult to see Seviper's preference for water and how it can take good advantage of it.

2) Competitive
Water no more! Or more Water, please?

Due to the combination of Dry Skin + Poison & Dark, M Seviper is able to wall defensive Water Pokémon, like Slowbro, Mantine, Alomomola, and Toxapex (in NatDex); after all, these Pokémon cannot afflict M Seviper with Toxic or Burn from Scald. What's more, Dry Skin + Poison & Dark allows M Seviper to check Azumarill, M Clawitzer, and Crawdaunt, not fearing Aquat Jet at all and not minding Knock Off too much. In NatDex, this combination makes it possible to (soft) check Choice Specs Greninja, Tapu Fini, and, most importantly, Manaphy, the latter being generally difficult to answer for defensive Pokémon.

As M Seviper is able to force out a lot of switches, especially from Water Pokémon, it will most likely be able to set up with Swords Dance or Coil. The latter synergizes very well with Power Trip and has huge reward potential due to the high BP of the new move, which can outdamage Swords Dance + Knock Off. Not fearing common status like Toxic or Burn from most Pokémon is also pretty huge, making it easier for M Seviper to set up.

On another note, some people have pointed out M Seviper's potential synergy with Rain; it can both pressure certain members on Rain teams and take advantage of this weather; there's healing and pseudo STAB Aqua Tail for opposing Ground Pokémon if you want to go that route.
1677017838935.png

:solrock: Mega Solrock: Paulluxx & XtheGAMEmaster !!
:BW/Solrock:
Mega Solrock
Type: Rock/Fire
Ability: Levitate
Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: 95 -> 125
Def: 85 -> 95
SpA: 55
SpD: 65 -> 90
Spe: 70 -> 105
New Moves: Corrosive Gas, Sacred Fire, U-Turn

Concept: "Mega Energy causes Solrock's dormant meteorite core to awaken, superheating it's body to the same degree as a small star. It streaks through the sky like a burning comet."

As the original embodiment of the sun, and thanks to it’s mystical psychic powers pre-mega, Solrock has been gifted an incredibly form of STAB in Sacred Fire. This more agile Solrock has also gained newfound access to U-Turn to pivot around it’s enemies, similarly to it’s meteorite cousin, Minior, being that suns are made of superheated gas it gains access to corrosive gas which melts away the items of its opponents.

Competitive Design:
Okay so as somebody who has been playing quite a bit of ADV UU recently, I took to my solrock in analyzing what made it good back then, and once XtGM brought up his concept in Discord I fell in love. A lot of people look at a pokemon like Solrock with its defensive typing and underrate it but, its a very interesting Pokemon in that, its on paper worse defensive typing is well suited for the Kalos metagame. Which is notably derelict of waters, and filled with Grounds and Steels which its new typing and carried over ability allow it benefit from. It is a strong physically oriented pivot with item removal and a lot of ability to burn things either with the guaranteed wisp or its new tool of Sacred Fire. It can run defensive or offensive sets, with no real mandatory moves. Its new speed tier allows it to threaten a large amount of the metagame, and from the beginning of the game make progress. Its also a great defensive mon as long as it can get its burns off. It is notably an excellent check to Weavile, as well as SD Gliscor and Scizor. But most importantly right now, its an excellent check to the newly introduced Mega Sylveon.
1677017847334.png

Rather than announcing anything here and now, I'm going to hand it over to Hematemesis here to go over what he's got in mind to do next. Until next time!​

Slate 5.5 Opening Announcement
:Noivern: :Simisear: :Flygon:

Hi everyone, it’s me, Bolivia here with an announcement for the next steps in m4a! We will be holding a slate where we add some previous m4a megas to the slate! Let’s go over how it works!
Submission Phase (2/28 - 3/11)
This seems like a lot, but here’s how this will work! Each person can submit one (1) mega from the 42 national dex slates (this does not include megas that a certain someone rigged in, if you want to know what those are, ask on discord). Think about it like a nomination! We want to ensure that the nominations are as thought through as possible, so here’s what every submission needs:
1) Reminder of what the sub is (stats, ability, new moves, etc)
2) Why you enjoy the mega in national dex (3 sentences minimum)
3) Why the mega would fit in kalos dex (5 sentences minimum)
4) Anything else you think is important
This is required to ensure maximum quality from the submissions! The council will not consider any submissions that suck! Use good judgement when deciding how you craft your submission.
Council Phase (3/11 - 3/13)
The council (and Hematite) will take the opportunity to curate a list of the best submissions for the group. This will not be done via a popularity contest in the slightest, which I know some people have been concerned about in recent pet mods voting. We will choose the submissions we think fit the metagame the best, and then opening that list up to discussion from the entire group!
Discussion Phase (3/13-3/17) <- DISCORD REQUIRED
On discord, we will open up a channel to discuss the various megas, and then reach a group consensus on the best ones to add. We have no set minimum for how many megas we’ll add, but I have to anticipate that we will not add more than 3-5. It depends on how the discussion goes! Anyone can participate in these discussions, but the council will moderate the discussion to make sure things stay civil! I hope this excites you all!

Regarding Slate 6
The masses were outraged when slate 6 was announced, as it contained 3 physically defensive pokemon. As a result, we have made an audible. Slate 6 will now be of the pokemon :Pangoro: Pangoro / :Quagsire: Quagsire / :Heatmor: Heatmor. I hope you enjoy! Thank Paul and Hema for working on the updated slates! That’s all from me, I hope you enjoy slate 5.5, which starts now!

I'd like to nominate...

Hematite's
:aurorus:
Mega Aurorus @ Aurorite
Ability: Diamond Dust
(On switch-in, this Pokémon summons Diamond Dust for 5 turns. During the effect:
* Pokémon are immune to all Rock-type attacks and Stealth Rock;
* Weather Ball becomes an Ice-type move, and its base power is 100;
* and other weather-related moves and Abilities behave as they do in Hail.)
Type:

Stats:
HP - 123
Atk - 77
Def - 72 (+30) --> 102
SpA - 99 (+32) --> 131
SpD - 92 (+30) --> 122
Spe - 58 (+8) --> 66
BST - 521 (+100) --> 621

New Moves: +Parabolic Charge, Volt Switch
Description:
Mega Aurorus' signature weather-setting ability Diamond Dust has 3 major implications, which I'll explore in as much detail as possible:

1) Immunity to all Rock-type attacks- On the surface, this is easy to mistake for a simple immunity. Rock is one of Aurorus' weaknesses, and its ability nullifies this. But Stone Edge is often famously coupled with Earthquake, which it is also weak to. This is where Aurorus' teammates come into the picture. By pairing it with a Flying-type, you can gain complete immunity to EdgeQuake, one of the most powerful move combinations in the game. Not only does this stop devastating threats like :garchomp: Garchomp and :landorus_therian: Lando-T, but it also lets your Flying-type Defog more easily. Speaking of which,

2) Immunity to Stealth Rock- Due to the unfortunate way in which weather-setting abilities work, it is difficult for Mega Aurorus itself to benefit from this, as it takes hazard damage before setting Diamond Dust. Once again, the effect is mostly designed for use by its allies. Defog is a move mainly learned by Flying-types, and they will often run :heavy_duty_boots: Heavy-Duty Boots to avoid Stealth Rock damage. However, a well-timed Knock Off can remove Boots, which doesn't do much outside of stopping Rocks. Diamond Dust solves all of this, letting you not fear Knock on your HDB and even run different items like :leftovers: Leftovers or :rocky_helmet: Rocky Helmet. But that's not all. More offensive Pokemon, like :volcarona: Volcarona and :weavile: Weavile, can run items like Psychium Z or Choice Band more comfortably, becoming much more threatening.

3) Acting as Hail- While Diamond Dust lacks the chip damage of Hail, all weather related moves and abilities function as they do in Hail. This means Aurorus can set up Aurora Veil and Volt Switch into a Slush Rush teammate. :arctozolt: Arctozolt can be especially strong with STAB pesudo-BoltBeam, whereas :arctovish: Arctovish hits like a truck with Fishous Rend. These two are also weak to Stealth Rock, which is why Diamond Dust works so well for them. In addition to this, Weather Ball can be run as Ice-type coverage on various other Pokemon.

As you can probably tell by now, Aurorus' role is mostly supportive. I've played it using Veil, Volt Switch, BoltBlizzard, paired with various different Stealth Rock-weak and Hail-based mons. With that being said, I believe :garbodor: Mega Garbodor currently outclasses this, with complete hazard removal that even powers up its own Body Press. There is also a Calm Mind set that can be very overwhelming in the right circumstances, but :walrein: Mega Walrein and :vanilluxe: Mega Vanilluxe are more reliably strong Ice types. Currently, Aurorus is only really good in VGC, due to the supportive properties discussed earlier being much more prominent in a Doubles format. Now you might ask, how does that change in Kalos?
There are some interesting facts about M4A Kalos that I want you to consider:

1) There are currently no Mega Ice-types in the tier. Even :avalugg: Mega Avalugg, which was scheduled for Slate 6, has been postponed (I doubt there would've been much overlap, but still worth taking into account). This means that Aurorus has virtually no competition. Without Walrein or Vanilluxe, it can explore the CM sets more, finally putting that STAB BoltBeam to good use.

2) Things that walled Aurorus are absent. Assault Vest :melmetal: Melmetal, for example, would require several Calm Minds to KO. Without Freeze Dry, it could also struggle with :gastrodon: Gastrodon, but now it can choose to run other options.

3) Several revenge killers are missing. :heatran: Heatran could trap and eliminate Aurorus if it didn't have many Calm Minds up. Lando-T and :victini: Victini could make quick work of it. Even :rillaboom: Rillaboom could hit hard enough with Wood Hammer to be a threat.

4) Aurorus has great synergy with a lot of Kalos. For example, :zapdos: Zapdos and :moltres: Moltres appreciate the Rock immunity heavily. On the offensive side, :volcanion: Volcanion pairs well with it, and can run Choice Specs freely. Other examples include :dragonite: Dragonite and :gyarados: Gyarados.

Aurorus might even seem too strong due to the overall lower power level, but the omnipresence of Ferrothorn along with stuff like :mienshao: Mega Mienshao, :solrock: Mega Solrock, and Garchomp can keep it at bay. It also doesn't have any notable Slush Rush abusers to enable, with the only option being :beartic: Beartic. Don't get me wrong, Aurorus is still be a force to be reckoned with, but it's also quite slow and manageable.
By flavor, I'm not referring to the inspiration for the Mega Evolution, but rather to how fitting Aurorus would be here. It made its debut in Kalos as one of the two special fossil Pokemon of the region. One of its abilities Refrigerate also debuted in Gen 6. The 2nd gym leader even uses the pre-evolution, :amaura: Amaura. Furthermore, Kalos is the birthplace of Mega Evolution, which is the main reason we're doing the M4A reboot here in the first place. All this is to say that it's definitely worth giving Mega Aurorus a home in the M4A Kalos meta.

Last edited:
:xy/Ariados:
Mega Ariados
Sticky Residue : On switch-in, this Pokémon summons sticky residues that prevent hazards from being cleared or moved by Court Change for five turns. Lasts for 8 turns if the user is holding Light Clay.
Hp : 70
Atk : 90
Def: 110 (+40)
SpA : 50 (-10)
SpD : 70
Spe : 110 (+70)
Added move : Spike , U-turn , Strenght Sap

Ariados have always been a rather low usage mega in Natdex, but it does not make it a bad mon by any mean. Ariados newfound bulk and speed make it a rather annoying mon to deal with because of strenght sap, and it's ability to help maintain hazard give offesively oriented team a new tool to maintain pressure. As such i think mega ariados is a great toolbox for offensive team that want a role compression of hazard setting and bulky pivot

As it stand Kalos have a sever lack of effective Sticky web setter (the best being Slurpuff atm), and not many option when it come to Spike and TSpike (even more so with Nidoqueen and Dragalgue not getting access to recovery in this meta). Ariados offer an unique niche as a great hazard stacker with pivot to help maintain pressure , and it's unique ability can become a huge asset to offensive team. Also Ariados got a stat revision around the end of the previous M4A era , so it didn't get too much time to shine after it got buffed,so i think it would be great to give another stage for the bug to set it web.

:Lanturn:
Mega Lanturn
Type:
Water, Electric
Ability: Alluring (This Pokémon removes the pivoting effect of opposing Pokémon's moves.)

Stats
HP: 125
Atk: 58 -> 68 (+10)
Def: 58 -> 73 (+15)
SpA: 76 -> 111 (+35)
SpD: 76 -> 116 (+40)
Spe: 67

New Moves:
Recover
As we've already seen with Rotom-W, Water/Electric is a very good defensive typing to check a variety of types, such as Fire and Water. It comes to no surprise then that Mega Lanturn is able to hold itself decently well in the metagame, especially when it has access to good supportive moves, like Heal Bell. Moreover, thanks to its bulk, ability, and access to Recover, Mega Lanturn is a pretty reliable Pokémon that can last long throughout the game, denying momentum since it stops pivot moves from working, and handling other threats Rotom-W isn't equipped to deal with, such as Zapdos and Weavile.
Electric Pokémon like Zapdos, Rotom-Wash, and Mega Heliolisk are in a pretty good spot in the metagame right now due to their useful resistance profile and offensive pressure they exert. If you introduce Mega Lanturn to the metagame, you will be able to handle these threats much easier, thus allowing you to be pretty flexible in the teambuilder. Moreover, Mega Lanturn and Lanturn would be likely the only viable Pokémon that can tank Rotom-W's attacks while also being able to deny momentum. I mention base form Lanturn because it gains Recover from the submission. So, even if you don't rely on Mega Lanturn, Lanturn is still there to fill a similar defensive niche, allowing you to run another Mega Pokémon!
What's neat about Mega Lanturn, and to a lesser extent, base Lanturn is the fact they are able to switch into Weavile and force it out with Scald or generate momentum with Volt Switch. Having access to Heal Bell can also be beneficial for teams to have, especially balance teams.

Eeveekid10

Whether to uturn or eq the heatran?
Mega Vaporeon

HPATKDEFSPASPDSPE
(—)
(+30)
(+40)
(+10)
(+40)
(-20)
Type
Water
Ability
Perish Body
Mega Stone
Vaporeonite
New Moves
none
Submitted By
inkbug
What the hell is wrong with this table
Vaporeon is goofy ahh perish body cleric, its one of my first megas I used for natdex, it also gets cm for gen 9. It excels at using its low speed to take hits and give free switches with flip turn, something else it can do is to pass wishes, and sometimes even stop sweeps with its ability.

Vaporeon is a really good anti-meta mega, being able to function as a cleric which can pseudo perish trap with whirlpool and deal with the various mega evolutions. It can defeat Mega Solrock, Mega Sylveon, Mega Wormadam etc.
It has a pretty good speed tier for a flip turn cleric which deals good damage and pass big wishes effectively.

Nominating Mega Simisear

:bw/simisear:

Ability: Red Licorice (The user unleashes superheated gelatin onto the target upon using a damaging Fairy-type move, setting the "Sticky Gel" volatile.)

The volatile-bearer is "flammable". If any Pokemon uses a Fire-type attack on a target with this volatile, they sustain 1.5x damage and are burnt. Upon use of a Fire-type move, however, the volatile is removed.

If the opponent bearing the volatile attempts to use a Fire-type attack, they will sustain 1/2 the damage they deal and are burnt. The volatile is then removed.

HP: 75
Atk: 123 (+25)
Def: 68 (+5)
SpA: 123 (+25)
SpD: 88 (+25)
Spe: 121 (+20)
New Moves: Slack Off, Calm Mind, Play Rough, Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, Mystical Fire
Reasoning
:
Simisear's dex entries claim that it uses sweets in order to fuel its fires... very interesting, and also the perfect excuse to finally make use of the bonkers Fire/Fairy typing. Fire/Fairy is an incredibly potent offensive typing, only really well-taken by opposing Fire-types. Naturally, due to how well these two types can combo together, I wanted to create an effect that can not only boast flavor, but can capitalize well on common Fairy-type switch-ins and punish them with an incredibly powerful effect in tandem with the Fire-type, of course. So, let's make Simisear embody the fuel to its fire and make it a candy monke.

Fairy-type moves, as we know, have literally no immunities, making them a perfect candidate for the ability's catalyst, which allows for Simisear to spread nuclear follow-up Fire-type moves, or more interestingly, spread status on a whim. This can let Simisear perform as an effective setup sweeper or general wallbreaker, dishing out immediate damage upon switch-in, and then using its spreaded burns as Calm Mind opportunities. Especially since burn lowers attack, this naturally makes for a powerful combo with Calm Mind, much moreso than the alternative Nasty Plot.

The latter effect of Sticky Gel allows for Simisear to not just be an ooga-booga wallbreaker and cleaner, but also lets it provide actual utility for its teams in the process. This dishes a similar effect if the recipient is the user of a Fire-type attack, letting Simisear pair especially well with Fire-type weak Pokemon and forcing a powerful checkmate scenario for opponents that might want to use their STAB or a coverage option to damage a threat sitting in front of them.

With all of this comes a natural drawback: opposing Fire-types. Sure, it gets the damage boost and forces recoil damage on them, but Simisear can never burn them, and they naturally resist both of its STABs, making for very linear counterplay. Additionally, it's lights out for Simisear if opponents can exploit its weaker physical bulk or put a para/poison on it. However, overall, this creates for a supportive wallbreaker and setup sweeper that takes unique advantage of powerful dual STABs in order to make progress.

Simisear in Natdex has been quite outclassed, or at least it was in OU. While its ability is interesting and can be situationally decent it just can't compete with the likes of Mega Magmortar and other fire types in the tier. However, back when National Dex UU existed, Mega simisear was one of the best megas around. Its combinations of fire and fairy coverage proved quite excellent and alongside its bulk and speed tier it did a solid job at breaking through teams.

Ever since the #kerogate the Kalos metagame has been left without the mega of a special fire type (Solrock isn't fire until it megas and is physical). Simisear happens to be a fire type mega who is found on the Kalos Dex. As such, it is the perfect time for it to shine in a meta where it won't have to compete with that many new fire types. Fire Fairy is also a good typing to take on the likes of Weavile, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Mienshao and others, giving it a good amount of targets it can pressure out.

Last edited:
mega ninjask
type : bug/dark (cuz it's a ninja)
ability : coumpound eyes
movepool + sleep powder, bulk up, calm mind and p trip

stats :

hp : 61 ->61
atk : 90 -> 123 (+33)
def : 45 -> 65 (+20)
sp atk : 50 -> 57 (+7)
sp def : 50 -> 85 (+35)
spe : 160 -> 165 (+5)

noisy powder user, can setup for p trip which now is stab and powerful... yeah it can be an uber mon

and

mega shedinja (yep shedinja)

bug/fairy
sturdy

hp : 1 ->1
atk : 90 -> 190 (+100)
def : 45 -> 15 (-30)
sp atk : 30 -> 40(+10)
sp def : 30 -> 5 (-25)
spe : 40 -> 85 (+45)

+ endeavor

he is the boys just shedinja but better

Slate 5.5 Results
Hey hey, Bolivia here with an apology. Yes, it’s true! This slate was my first blunder as leader for Megas for All, as we said the slate would be completed 6 days ago! Unfortunately, I got behind on my duties during my spring break, so I apologize for not being completely transparent or on time as a host. Nonetheless, it was only a 6 day delay! Let’s see which megas the masses and council decided on adding…

:Simisear: Mega Simisear :Simisear:

Wow, look, an unbiased selection from me! I SWEAR this was unbiased ;). On the real, Mega Simisear is a very well-designed mega that fills the fire type gap the absence of Mega Pyroar has left. Fortunately, Mega Simisear is not outrageously powerful, but red licorice is a super unique ability. Simply put. Ausma cooked up a classic, and it makes tremendous sense to include the mega. Shoutouts to Geko for submitting this!

:Lanturn: Mega Lanturn :Lanturn:
Another classic mega that limits pivoting, Mega Lanturn is a very fun mega to use. The addition of recover even gives regular Lanturn some interesting utility. This mega has a very unique typing of water / electric, and the beefed stats make it excellent as well. I expect Mega Lanturn to have tremendous utility in the Kalosdex. Good work, Okis and Blue!

:Aurorus: Mega Aurorus :Aurorus:
Diamond dust go brrr! Mega Aurorus is a very fun pokemon that owns the rock types! Hematite gave this pokemon excellent flavor, and also gave it a sick typing. Electric / ice with freeze dry is no joke, and I like how the ability still ties it to the rock type that it’s intertwined with as a fossil. Simply put, Mega Aurorus is excellent! Good pick Nani!

That’s it for the slate 5.5 megas. For those wondering when :Pangoro: / :Quagsire: / :Heatmor: slate 6 will be, we will open the slate on Sunday, March 26th. That way, the council can have time to get back on track from our various busy lives. Submissions will run until Friday, April 7th. The council will take the weekend for vetoes, and then we hope to be done with voting by the end of the next week, though that timetable will remain open for now! Thanks for being patient while we took an extra while to get back!

Cool New Announcements:

M4A Fight Nights: Every Wednesday at 7:30 PM EST, M4A NatDex will now have its very own FIGHT NIGHT! WOOOOO! Here’s how this works: the defending champion will play a challenger at this time every week (I picked a time that theoretically works for as many timezones as possible, but the challenger and champion are free to alter the time on Wednesday to fit their schedules). Both players need to build a new team in order to compete, and preferably, they need to accompany their battle with a post detailing their teambuilding process as well. This is to simultaneously encourage innovation and play in the tier! We will have a signup thread in the discord to add yourself to the pool, and after a certain amount of time, I will randomize our first two players! We can get it underway from there!

M4A Community Teambuilding Event: On Sunday, April 2nd, and 12:00 PM (Noon) EST, M4A will host its very first teambuilding event. The way this will work is that, based on a selected core, the m4a community will be tasked with optimizing sets, picking partner pokemon, and filling out the team! Anyone is free to participate and share ideas, but keeping it civil and fun is a requirement to participate! There will be more information in the discord server as we approach the actual day of the event! It should not take longer than 45-60 minutes, so it should be super low stress! I hope everyone can enjoy this fun project! I left a hint in this message as to what the first core will be!

M4A Question of the Day: Something simultaneously simple and fun! M4A Question of the Day will be a super low stress way to get involved with the community. Over on the discord server, this will be an opportunity to answer a variety of daily questions that span from pokemon, to real life, to philosophical concepts, to the most audaciously stupid questions imaginable! It will be #fun! A role will be made in the discord server to get pinged for question of the day! I hope this is enjoyable!

If you are not already, joining the discord server in this thread’s first post is highly advisable!

I will see all of you on Sunday for the grand premiere of slate 6: Kung-Fu Crew (All of these pokemon look like they could be martial arts masters, so I thought this was an apt name, if someone has a better suggestion I’ll take it for sure)! I hope you all are enjoying M4A! Please give me praise! See you later!

Slate 6: Kung Fu Crew

Hey everyone, it’s Bolivia! I was really hungover on Sunday, so I neglected to do the slate opening post. As a result, this might be the award winning quickest and shortest slate opening post! Remember, subs run until Friday, April 7th! Use caution when submitting. Obviously, the council will vet every sub, but please do not overbuff Pangoro’s attack, Quagsire’s defense, etc. Just be smart for what is and isn’t legal! Thanks! That’s literally all from me, so go nuts!

Pangoro-mega
ability : supreme overlord
124->114 (-10)
78->129 (+51)
69->69 +0
71->120 (+49)
58->68 (+10)

less powerful but still very strong, supreme overlord to have easy boosts, but lack of recovery, good revenge killer
not sure it's for now thought
the supreme overlord ability is just a reference to mafia bosses, and by being older he become less powerfull

so "the power of mega evolution made him los its young age now it's the boss of the band of pangoro of the region

quagsire-mega
+25 atk

+35 def

+0 sp atk

+35 sp def

+5 spe

swamp monster : +1 def and 12.5% Pv max healed if hit by a grass move

Good bulk : 95/90/130 with a good ability (defensive sap sipper) already a good mon, with mega it become almost a monster, the explaination of why it is a swamp monster is that in frech the name is “maraiste” ,so un “marais” is a swamp, and this “maraiste” become a swamp monster, made out of moss and grass and dirt and sticks and rocks and things

okay so now here are my propositions in the right place (finally)

Last edited:
Pangoro
Dark
Moxie
95 154 93 89 86 78 +Sucker Punch Pancham's dark nature has taken over I guess? Pretty good cleaner if you win mindgames of Sucker Punch
Y aller
Quagsire
Water/Ground
Simple
85->95
85->115
65->75
65->85
35->55
p straightforward sweeper with curse/stockpile/amnesia, might want to mega evolve late in the game to keep its unaware

Heatmor: Fire/Ground
Merciless
97->137
66->76
105->110
66->76
65->100
+Scorching Sands, High Horsepower, Stomping Tantrum, Toxic Spikes, Thunder Fang
wallbreaker exploiting T-Spikes while denying immunities to Poison

Last edited:

woo

The Neymar of Pet Mods
is a Pre-Contributor
Collab with GhiteOff
:sv/quagsire:
:quagsire: Mega Quagsire :quagsire:

95 / 65 (swapped with SpA) / 120 (+35) / 100 (swapped with Atk, +15) / 95 (+30) / 55 (+20)
Trace
+ Toxic Spikes
Defensive Water/Ground that abuses their opponent's abilities. Can get Regenerator, Magic Guard, Flame Body, Levitate, Speed Boost and use these to its advantage.

Last edited:
:bw/quagsire:
water/ground
stats
hp- 95
atk- 125(+45)
def- 115(+30)
spa- 65
spd- 100(+35)
spe- 25(-10)
ability: unaware
new moves: simple beam

:bw/heatmor:
Fire/Dark
hp- 85
atk- 117(+20)
def- 91(+25)
spa- 135(+30)
spd- 91(+25)
spe- 65
ability: Agitate- When this pokemon inflicts stat changes on another pokemon, the change is increased by +1 for each stat changed

New Moves: Dark Pulse, Power Whip, Breaking Swipe, Snarl, Memento

:xy/pangoro:
fighting/dark
stats
hp- 95
atk- 134(+10)
def- 112(+34)
spa- 74(+15)
spd- 101(+30)
spe- 69(+11)

ability: bad influence- when this pokemon gets a start drop (from self or other) all pokemon on the field share the stat drop

Last edited:
:sv/pangoro:
Mega Pangoro
Type:
Fighting / Dark
Ability: Sheer Force
Stats:
HP: 95​
Att: 144 (+20)
Def: 98 (+20)
SpA: 79 (+10)
SpD: 101 (+30)
Spe: 78 (+20)

Sheer Force is usually extremely boring, but there are two instances where it's cool: when it doesn't power up a Pokemon's main moves, and when it encourages a Pokemon to mainly use moves it otherwise wouldn't. The latter is perfectly demonstrated with Nidoking being a special attacker, but there hasn't really been a good example of the former since most of them have better abilities to run.

Mega Pangoro is interesting in that its dual STABs cover both of those cases. On the Fighting side, Mega Pangoro's best STAB is still Close Combat, and on the Dark side, the boost from Sheer Force gives it a greater incentive to run Crunch over Knock Off. And of course, Sheer Force still powers up some of Mega Pangoro's coverage moves like Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, and Gunk Shot.

:sv/quagsire:
Mega Quagsire
Type:
Water / Ground
Ability: Serene Grace
Stats:
HP: 95​
Att: 105 (+20)
Def: 135 (+50)
SpA: 85 (+20)
SpD: 75 (+10)
Spe: 35​

Quagsire is special. Most other Serene Grace users have a sort of divinity to them, or have some sort of magic calming aura. However, some Pokemon are blessed with a sort of capybara-esque chill. They may not have magic calming powers, but they are just so unbothered by everything around them that the sheer power of their vibes is enough to soothe anyone who looks at them. Pokemon of this ilk include Bidoof, Appletun, Fuecoco, and most of all, the aforementioned Quagsire.

Mega Quagsire is by far the most defensive Serene Grace user (barring Chansey and Blissey who have better things to do) and probably the least obnoxious. Every other Serene Grace user is designed to abuse flinches and usually also paralysis. Mega Quagsire can spread paralysis with Body Slam, and it can flinch things with Waterfall, but that's not playing to Mega Quagsire's strengths. No, the star of the show here is Scald with a whopping 60% chance to burn the opponent. Between that and its great 95/135 physical bulk, Mega Quagsire is the bane of physical attackers everywhere.

Last edited:
:bw/heatmor:
Mega Heatmor
New Ability
: Rebel ( This Pokémon and its allies do 1.3x damage when any Pokémon on the field has stat drops. ) (Mega Obstagoon)
Type:

New stats:
HP: 85
Atk: 122 (+25)
Def: 91 (+25)
SpA: 110 (+5)
SpD: 66
Spe: 110 (+45)
(BST: 584)

New moves: Snarl
Description:
Rebel, as a homage to Heatmors retaliation by adapting flame powers to counter Durant in the past.

Can combine mixtures of Fire Lash and Overheat to powerup its other options such as Sucker Punch, Knock Off, Pursuit, Drain Punch or Giga Drain, or really anything it learns. It's high speed and conjunction of stat dropping tactics to empower itself makes it a formidable foe to face.

Some fun ideas for VGC include using Snarl to bolster defense and raise offense, or Brutal Swing to capitalize off of any stat drops either opponent has, dealing good damage to both of them. Using Overheat on its own to really turn up the heat is a great way to keep up the pressure.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 0)