Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

:ss/mismagius:
Mega Mismagius
New Ability
: Levitate -> Witchburned
(If this pokemon is hit by a fire type attack, it's SpA is raised 2 stages but it's defence drops one stage. Immunity to fire)
Type:
Never-Ending Nightmare - Ghost-type
Mystical Fire - Fire-type

HP 60
Attack: 60
Defense: 60 -> 110 (+50)
Special Attack: 105 -> 130 (+25)
Special Defense: 105
Speed: 105 -> 130(+25)
(595 BST)
New moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Dark Pulse, Eerie Spell (Once CT comes out)
Mega Honchcrow
New Ability
: Insommnia/Super Luck/Moxie -> Grand Scheme
(If this pokemon is knocked out, the opponent's pokemon takes 25% of their health)
Type:
Feint Attack - Dark-type

HP 100
Attack: 125 -> 137 (+12)
Defense: 52 ->
Special Attack: 105 -> 125 (+20)
Special Defense: 52 -> 120 (+68)
Speed: 71
(595 BST)
New moves: Parting Shot
:ss/spiritomb:
Mega Spiritomb
New Ability
: Pressure/Infiltrator -> Spirit Capturer
(When ever this pokemon knocks out another pokemon, it steals the opponent's positive stat changes. However, this pokemon loses a quarter of it's health when it does so.)
Type:
Black Hole Eclipse - Dark-type

HP 50
Attack: 92 -> 103 (+11)
Defense: 108 -> 108
Special Attack: 92 -> 108(+16)
Special Defense: 108
Speed: 35 -> 108 (+73)
(630 BST)

New moves:
Description:

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:Spiritomb: Mega Spiritomb
New Ability
: Soul Flip: Sets Wonder Room on switch-in or mega depending on the conditions (If Wonder Room is not up and opponent's attack is higher, do not set, if it up, set it. The opposite applies for if special attack is higher.
Type: Ghost/Dark

New stats: 50/132/178/92/78/55
HP: 50 (+0)
Attack: 92 --> 132 (+40)
Defense: 108 --> 178 (+70)
Special Attack: 92 (+0)
Special Defense: 108 --> 78 (-30)
Speed: 35 --> 55(+20)
(BST) 485 --> 585

New moves: Poltergeist, Knock Off, Recover, Parting Shot, Trick Room, (Safeguard)
Description: Mega-Spiritomb uses its ability to make the first pokemon it faces attack its higher defense stat. With this, Mega-Spiritomb can be one the bulkiest physical and special wall at the same time because it only needs to invest in its defense stat. It can also now use recover for reliable recovery and stab poltergeist and knock off coming off its base 132 attack is no joke. Do keep in mind its wonder room doesn't only affect it, it also affects you and your opponent's team. While this can seriously mess with the opposite team especially if its spamming its new parting shot, it can also mess with your team if you're not careful. Anyway I think this pokemon is gonna have a really big impact on the field and can fit in all sorts of team.

:ss/honchkrow:
:Honchkrow: Mega Honchkrow
New Ability
: Pressure
Type: Dark/Poison

New stats:
HP: 100 (+0)
Attack: 125 (+0)
Defense: 52 --> 122 (+70)
Special Attack: 105 (+0)
Special Defense: 52 --> 92 (+40)
Speed: 71 --> 61 (-10)
(BST) 605

New moves: Sludge Bomb, Corrosive Gas, Gunk Shot, Toxic Spikes, Parting Shot (Which Murkrow can get), (Venoshock), (Venom Drench)
Description: With it getting one of the best defensive typing in the game, better bulk than toxapex and an insane amount of utility with defog, parting shot, toxic spikes, taunt and corrosive gas, Mega-Honchkrow has the potential to be a very powerful defensive pokemon. Here's one thing you may not like: it gets pressure and spite and it was done with the intent of being used to pressure-stall. Anyway with its insane bulk and defensive typing as well as its fantastic utility, Honchkrow will be a very good defensive pokemon capable of stopping strong threats.

:mismagius: Mega Mismagius
New Ability
: Queenly Majesty
Type: Ghost/Fairy

New stats: 60/60/80/155/110/130
HP: 60 (+0)
Attack: 60 (+0)
Defense: 60 --> 80 (+20)
Special Attack: 105 --> 155 (+50)
Special Defense: 105 --> 110 (+5)
Speed: 105 --> 130 (+25)
(BST) 595

New moves: Moonblast, Draining Kiss, (Charm)
Description: Mega-Mismagius uses an amazing but underrated type due to it being quite rare. Ghost/Fairy is a good defensive and offensive type with 3 immunities and 1 double resist for only 2 rarer weaknesses as well as hitting every type for at least neutral damage except Normal/Fire, Normal/Steel and Normal/Poison. It uses its high speed and Nasty Plot to threaten a large amount of pokemons with its great dual STAB. It is able to 2hko many good offensive mons which turns into a 1hko with a nasty plot boost. It can also avoid common priorities such as bullet punches, shadow sneaks and sucker punches with queenly majesty, all of which are very threatening to it. I'm sure Mega-Mismagius' great typing will help it a lot in its quest to become the best mega.

Last edited:
:bw/mismagius:
Mismagius
Ghost, Psychic
Reality warp (when this pokemon is on field, all type matchups are swapped)
60, 75, 75, 140, 140, 95
+15, +15, +35, +35, -10
Psyshock

Comp: The main purpose of this mismagius is to turn bad matchups into good ones thru reversing type effectiveness. psychock is here to deal with chansey if just shadow ball isnt enough.
Flavor: Its psychic powers become so powerful that it becomes able to completely warp the entire universe, being able to bring the distortion world

Activation text: "Mismagius summoned an reality-distorting energy!"
Effect name: Distortion field
:bw/honchkrow:
Honchkrow
Dark, Poison
Merciless

100, 145, 86, 115, 86, 71
Baneful bunker, Gunk shot, Sludge wave
Comp: it now has baneful bunker and merciless, making it an crit machine. it does have low speed, but it also has sucker punch. gunk shot and swave are just poison stabs for my honchy boi.
Flavor: Mega evolution has caused it to become too heavy due to the poison generated in its body, and thus it cannot fly anymore.

Last edited:
Hey, everyone!! Congratulations to the winners - I can't wait to use all of these!! They're all amazing subs! : D
Also, huge thanks to inkbug for being willing to do the new slate announcement, and sorry to be giving the usual update a bit late this time!
That said, I'm here with two small announcements:

First, here's the poll for slate 16! Options marked with an asterisk (*) are Pokémon that will be legal for the Mega Spooky Cup, which is notable because this is the last slate that will be made playable in time for the tournament! You may want to make your choices according to what Mega Evolutions you'd like to see in the tournament - this is our last opportunity to add to that list!

And second, I've put in the pull request for slate 14!
All three new Mega Evolutions are in, tested and working well! Once the pull request goes though, you'll be able to use IsoCon's :staraptor: Mega Staraptor by letting a Staraptor hold the Staraptorite, かたわれ時's :bibarel: Mega Bibarel by letting a Bibarel hold the Bibarelite and inkbug's :kricketune: Mega Kricketune by letting a Kricketune hold the Kricketite. The new Abilities Showdown and Hard Worker are also implemented!
As promised, I've also added the ruleset for Mega Spooky Cup to the validator so you can check your teams' legality and challenge other players right away! For convenience, I've also added the option to challenge people normally, both to Mega Spooky Cup and to M4A Doubles, instead of making the latter a "secret" format (it no longer requires use of the /challenge command).
On top of this, I made some important reworks to
Mega Lycanroc (Midday Form)'s Down-to-Earth Ability (recently renamed from Grounded) and :rillaboom: Mega Rillaboom's Arena Rock Ability, neither of which were functioning optimally despite a lack of obvious bugs. These changes are minor in effect, but I think they're pretty exciting as a coder! Down-to-Earth is now an accurate recreation of Air Lock and Cloud Nine, as was intended in the original submission - while it previously had the band-aid fix of simply turning off terrains at every opportunity, it now properly suppresses them, leaving them intact but keeping them from taking effect until Lycanroc leaves. This was way harder than it might sound! XP Meanwhile, Arena Rock now prevents Grassy Terrain from being cleared by any means, and it's also significantly more future-proof - a lot of people have been wanting to clone it, and I hadn't realized until now how badly I had prepared the code for that possibility, haha. I can now confirm that that kind of Ability can be added smoothly in the future!
To the best of my knowledge, every other Ability works as its original post intended except Dust Scatter but that one doesn't count, so in addition to being bug-free, all of our existing Abilities are now properly complete! : D

This will all only be true once the pull request is accepted, of course! We'll have to wait patiently for that. C:
Still, I thought I'd give that update now and just let you know what I've been working on! Since I tested everything thoroughly this time, Scoopapa will be able to accept the pull request much more easily than before once time permits them, so we can expect this to be up in the very near future!
Thank you guys for your patience and your constant enthusiasm!! : D

Mega Spiritomb
New Ability
(When ever this pokemon knocks out another pokemon, it steals the opponent's positive stat changes. However, this pokemon loses a quarter of it's health when it does so.)
Type:

HP 50
Attack: 92 -> 108 (+16)
Special Attack: 92 -> 153 (+61)
Speed: 85 -> 108 (+23)
(630 BST)

New moves:
Description:
I made most of the stats 108 because... It's spiritomb. And put the rest of the stats into SpA for no reason. ;)
Y...you do know that people have already told you why these stats are illegal, right? Did you not read what any of them said except kakaks? (I know you read what kakaks said because you came to the Discord to yell at him and then left again.)
I agree that the Ability is fine and would not ask you to nerf that side of it, but Spiritomb's Speed is not 85, the BST increase here is not +100, and the BST you reported isn't even correct - it's 635, not 630 (setting aside for the moment that neither of these is allowed and it should only be 585).
Why are you still doing this? I thought you really were just having a hard time figuring out what you were doing, but this is at least your third time making a sub with +150 BST, you've blatantly lied about the base form's stats many more times than that, and now you've yelled at someone for giving polite feedback.
If you keep this behavior up, I'm just going to ask you to leave the thread again and stop putting your subs to vote whether they're legal or not. There's no excuse at this point. No one else has had this much difficulty following the rules, let alone this many times. Clean up your act or you'll no longer be welcome here - my patience with you is already beyond running thin.

:spiritomb:
Mega Spiritomb
New Ability
: Curse of Smiting (When this pokemon lands a killing blow, the next pokemon that switches in will have their highest defensive stat lowered by 1 stage. When this pokemon dies, the pokemon which landed the killing blow has their highest offensive stat lowered by 1 stage.)
Type: Ghost / Dark

New stats:
HP: 50
Attack: 112 (+20)
Defense: 78 (-30)
Special Attack: 142 (+50)
Speed: 95 (+60)
(585 BST)

New moves: Earth Power
Description:
This Mega Spiritomb intends to utilize its unique ability to its advantage, as it does different effects depending on which pokemon dies. 142 special attack enables it to get easy KO's very fast, especially in conjunction with Nasty Plot and 105 base speed. This allows it to weaken the next pokemon's highest defense, making it not only an even scarier breaker than before but also allows it to weaken special walls that could give it trouble. However, the benefits of that ability don't just extend to Mega Spiritomb landing a KO. In fact, its ability also punishes stronger attackers for KOing it by crippling their offenses, especially physical attackers that try to exploit its relatively weak base 78 defense.

Despite this it's balanced out by once again, its lack of physical bulk, which means that any strong physical attack will OHKO it. Its defensive typing also doesn't help either considering it lacks resistances other than Poison. 105 speed, while still very fast, is not enough to outspeed threats such as Cinderace and Ash-Greninja, meaning that they can kill it before they can do anything. Although both will be crippled due to its ability, the former can easily U-turn out to get rid of the stat drop.

Design and Flavor: The Odd Keystone which Spiritomb's spirit is bound to has almost completely shattered due to the energy from Mega Evolution. It grows jagged arms made of the same energy that composes Spiritomb's body, and the shards of the odd keystone it was bound to float around its hands. There is a green core in its center, surrounded by 4 other green orbs. Mega Spiritomb also has a tail, and towards the tip, those same green orbs float around it in a circular pattern. It is extremely aggressive, and will lay a curse on anyone in its hunt for vengeance.

Last edited:
:Mismagius: Mega Mismagius
New Ability
: Tormenting Chant: Applies Torment status on the opponent for 5 turns upon this Pokémon's switch in (also applies during the turn it Mega Evolves).
Type: Ghost

New stats:
HP: 60 -> 60
Attack: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Defense: 60 -> 60
Special Attack: 105 -> 135 (+30)
Special Defense: 105 -> 135 (+30)
Speed: 105 -> 135 (+30)
BST: 495 -> 595

New moves: None
Description: Use Protect to screw choice attackers. It can also play mind games and set up a Nasty Plot instead if you can predict the opponent switching. 135 Speed makes it a really fast Nasty Plot sweeper, while its low Defense keeps it balanced and prone to priority.

New Ability
: Sacrificial Crow (Disguise clone)
Type: Dark/Flying

New stats:
HP: 100
Attack: 125 -> 155 (+30)
Defense: 52
Special Attack: 105 -> 155 (+50)
Special Defense: 52
Speed: 71 -> 91 (+20)
BST: 505 -> 605

New moves: Hurricane, Air Slash
Description: Honchkrow is the Pokémon representation of a mafia boss with Murkrows as its cronies. In mafia movies, the cronies usually get sacrificed so the big boss gets to live for another day. Its ability is a flavor reference to that, and it allows Mega Honchkrow to have a free turn to either set up a Nasty Plot or just dish out damage. Once the Murkrow gets sacrificed though, Honchkrow is a now a vulnerable villain due to its low defenses. High mixed offenses allow Mega Honchkrow to be more unpredictable in terms of checks and counters. Air Slash and Hurricange gives it a special Flying STAB depending on your preference (power vs. accuracy).

New Ability
: Mysterious Spell: Halves damage taken from Ghost- and Fairy-type moves (Thick Fat clone)

New stats:
HP: 50 -> 50
Attack: 92 -> 102 (+10)
Defense: 108 -> 128 (+20)
Special Attack: 92 -> 142 (+50)
Special Defense: 108 -> (+20)
Speed: 35 -> 35
BST: 485 -> 585

New moves: Giga Drain
Description: During its release, one thing that made Spiritomb stand out was that it had no weaknesses. Its new ability allows it to regain that recognition, and its huge bulk enhances its usefulness even further. An additional Ghost-type resistance adds to its defensive utility. A big increase to its Special Attack stat allows it to hurt things and potentially set up with Nasty Plot. Giga Drain gives it additional coverage and much needed recovery.

Last edited:
THESE ARE SOME RAD MONS.
:sm/honchkrow:
:honchkrow:

HONCHKROW-MEGA
Mega Stone Name: Honchkrite
Dark/
Flying
Insomnia/Super Luck/Moxie->Summoner of Night
(When this Pokémon uses a Dark type move, Focus Energy is used automatically by the Pokémon on the user’s position at the end of the turn, for this Pokémon or its teammates.)
Stats:
HP: 100->100 (+0)
Attack: 125->140 (+15)
Defense: 52->82 (+30)
Special Attack: 105->110 (+5)
Special Defense: 52->82 (+30)
Speed: 71->91 (+20)
Total: 505->605 (+100)
New Moves: Aeroblast, Parting Shot (give to Murkrow too), Hone Claws, Cross Chop, Drill Run, Flavor: Focus Energy
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the face of the mafia offensive team support. Mega-Honchkrow has a unique presence on teams as both a wallbreaker and a powerful team support. By using its great options in Parting Shot, Obstruct, Hone Claws, and Night Slash, it can set itself or its teammates up to hit very hard. This unique form of team support paired with passable bulk and a great STAB combo make Honchkrow an incredible mixed attacker and wallbreaker.
Additionally, this Pokémon is balanced by a few factors: while it can be very threatening with Nasty Plot sets, its inferior coverage and lower base Special Attack hold it back. On Hone Claws sets, it has the coverage, but lacks the sheer power of Nasty Plot sets. Additionally, average bulk that it rarely invests in makes it somewhat easy to take down on non-Roost sets, and that speed tier leaves it outsped by many common meta picks. Despite these flaws, it’s a Pokémon that would really shine in the meta as a great wallbreaker and team support.
Offensive Pivot
Honchkrow@Honchkrite
Ability: Insomnia
Lonely/Naughty Nature
252 Atk, 4 SpA, 252 Spe
Move 1: Parting Shot
Move 2: Night Slash
Move 3: Aeroblast
Move 4: Cross Chop/Drill Run

Hone Claws
Honchkrow@Honchkrite
Adamant/Jolly Nature
252 Atk, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Move 1: Hone Claws
Move 2: Cross Chop/Drill Run
Move 3: Night Slash
Move 4: Brave Bird

Nasty Plot
Honchkrow@Honchkrite
Modest/Timid Nature
252 SpA, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Move 1: Nasty Plot
Move 2: Dark Pulse
Move 4: Heat Wave

More to come! Also, as always I am open to feedback! If anyone has questions or concerns about the power level of the sub, let me know (preferably on the Discord)!!

Last edited:

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader

/

Ability: Blackmail (If an opponent is hit with a physical Dark-type attack, they are planted with a permanent ability "Orderly Target", which prevents the holder from ever being able to KO Mega Honchkrow with direct damage, leaving it always with 1 HP no matter the move. However, once this Dark-type attack is landed, the user's own ability is permanently replaced with Keen Eye.)

[Pokemon name] is afraid to finish off Honchkrow!

Atk: 145 (+20)
Def: 82 (+30)
SpA: 105
SpD: 102 (+50)
Spe: 71
New Moves: Parting Shot (give it to Murkrow too), Dual Wingbeat

Reasoning:

Honchkrow is one of my favorite mons, and I really need to do it justice; luckily, this Mega Honchkrow does just that in providing a flavorful, unique option to check offense. Its ability seems complex on paper, but in other words: you hit the foe with a Dark-type move like Pursuit, and their ability is not only removed, but the Pokemon in question can never kill Honchkrow, otherwise... if you do, your dirty little secret is revealed. I feel a Blackmail based ability is perfect for a mob boss, and I think it can have a ton of unique application in competitive, too. Through this, you are able to permanently incapacitate a Pokemon of your choice without outright trapping and eliminating it in an uncompetitive fashion. Though given it is a one time ability, you have to pick your target carefully, as Honchkrow gets a borderline useless ability after the fact. This is also balanced by the fact that Honchkrow needs to get off its Dark-type move to begin with, endangering itself in the process, and having to stay healthy so the ability remains relevant, making it an offense destroyer that requires skill to utilize to max effect. Offensively, it is no slouch either, and still has STAB Brave Bird/Pursuit/Sucker Punch that it can utilize with a Moxie boost pre-Mega. Most of the defensive spread is to allow Honchkrow to take a hit easier so it can get off its move, but balancing it in the sense that it retains its subpar speed.

It has one main move addition: Parting Shot. Honchkrow with a useful, flavorful momentum option such as this lets Honchkrow gain momentum on targets that will obviously switch out on a Pokemon they are literally incapable of killing. Honchkrow naturally has access to options such as Roost and Taunt that let it push the opponent more readily and focus on staying alive as well.

Flavor:

Obviously: a mob boss. I wanted Mega Honchkrow to fully embrace that and feel like the underlying, manipulative menace it's supposed to be, and a fearsome threat that you couldn't even see; and I hope I accomplished just that.

It is bulkier, now adorned with a rose in its hat, and a strange straw from its sharper beak, with its now piercing eyes hidden under its hat. Its wings act more like a trench coat, shaped in such a manner where the red plume from its chest is visible, resembling a tie.

Dex Entry:

Imbued with Mega energy, Mega Honchkrow's wicked nature goes into overdrive. Much unlike its aggressive original counterpart, it is much more calculated, and prefers to mentally combat its foes. It is extremely observant, and can find holes to exploit in any human or Pokemon it chooses to manipulate for its own gain; as such, it is very self indulgent and ruthless, thinking and feeling nothing of its goons.
-----

/

Ability: Temptation (A volatile is applied to Spiritomb upon switch in that boosts the opponent's attacking stat by 1 stage when Spiritomb is hit, however, Spiritomb attains those same boosts.)

Power tempts [Pokemon name]!

[Pokemon name] couldn't resist the temptation!

Atk: 108 (+16)
Def: 119 (+11)
SpA: 108 (+16)
SpD: 119 (+11)
Spe: 81 (+46)
New Moves: Poltergeist, Recover, Power Trip

Reasoning
:

So, Spiritomb has a lot of flavor going around 108, but why is that?

Its 108 spirits are supposed to be a metaphor for the 108 temptations to reach Nirvana... with that being said, I knew the basis of my Spiritomb had to be in temptation, and promptly punishing it, and luckily, that's what it's here to do.

Mega Spiritomb is all about punishing offense with its unique ability through baiting and switching offensive targets. With its overall solid defensive typing and defensive spread, it is capable of switching into weaker attacks/pivoting moves and punishing them greatly, or staying in and creating a risk scenario for the user. You can try to get boosts to cleave through the Spiritomb's team, but is that worth dealing with a mixed offensive Mega Spiritomb that can do the same to you? There are a lot of mind games involved here, but also a lot of great mixed breaking opportunities for Mega Spiritomb as a result. Mega Spiritomb also has access to Foul Play if you're into that!

Strength Sap works in tandem with the boosts it can create, healing greatly but also keeping the opponent in check if need be; Power Trip accomplishes something similar, letting Spiritomb unleash a nuke if it accommodates enough boosts of its own. Poltergeist gives it an actual Physical Ghost STAB, and Recover is general longevity that doesn't rely on Strength Sap.

Flavor:

108 like hell.

I had 108 in hexadecimal for the stat spread originally, but it was literally 1 point off, so I decided to just flip 108 and turn that into 81, and go from there. Close enough, I guess.

Dex Entry:

Those in the presence of Mega Spiritomb feel a wicked aura that tempts their desires. Those who take the temptation of the 108 spirits in Mega Spiritomb are said to experience lifelong visions of great loss and pain.
-----

/

Ability: Alchemist (If the opponent is inflicted with poison, upon using a damaging Poison move, a random effect will be inflicted. See spoiler for what these effects are.)

Transform the target into a Seismitoad, Ariados, or Butterfree.
Inflict paralysis over poison
Inflict burn over poison
Confuse target
Inflict Encore
Inflict Torment
Inflict Toxic over poison
-1 in two random stats
-1 in one random stat, +1 in a random stat
+1 in two random stats
(Only if over 50% HP) Inflict curse
(Only if under 25% HP) Explode

HP: 60
Atk: 95 (+35)
Def: 95 (+35)
SpA: 135 (+35)
SpD: 110 (+5)
Spe: 95 (-10)
New Moves: Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Toxic Spikes, Poison Fang, Parting Shot, Fling

Reasoning:

I'm gonna be real, I just wanted to have fun with this one; there is no real niche niche to be had here, but I really wanted to have a blast with the witch motif and create a fun mon. It's not meta defining by any means, but it's not really supposed to be, either. Though, I guess you could make a NP set work if you really wanted.

I think the real cream of the crop, though, comes in Alchemist's function in tandem with its new moves in the form of Sludge Bomb, Toxic Spikes, and Poison Fang: all Poison-spreading moves that can also deal damage. So, if you want to wring your opponent into a special kind of hell, then there's that to really ruin their day. Sludge Wave and Sludge Bomb are both pretty good STAB Poison moves on their own right! Parting Shot is there because I feel it has flavor, and can combine pretty nastily with Alchemist's side effects.

Flavor:

le cauldron witch has arrived.

Dex Entry:

Mega Mismagius is a mischievous Pokemon, that manifests its spells in the form of a new skill in alchemic brewing. Using the poisonous liquids it can emit with its body, it is able to spread a strange, magic effect more tangibly than its original counterpart.

Last edited:
New Ability
: Prankster

New stats:
HP: 100 -> 100
Attack: 125 -> 140 (+15)
Defense: 52 -> 87 (+35)
Special Attack: 105 -> 120 (+15)
Special Defense: 52 -> 87 (+35)
Speed: 71 -> 71
(BST)505 -> 605

New moves:Mirror Move, Obstruct
Description: Honchkrow becomes a Staller with its already Great Speed and Wide Variety of Status Moves. Mirror Move Essentially is a Copycat that gives the move priority. Obstruct Is Just a move I think It fits well with its set.

Sample Set:
Honchkrow @honchkrite
Ability: Prankster
- Thunder Wave
- Mirror Move
- Obstruct
- Tailwind
:spiritomb: Mega Spiritomb
New Ability
: Absolution (Boosts Special Attack by 1.5x During Rain/Hail)

New stats:
HP:50 - > 50
Attack: 92 - > 102 (+10)
Defense: 108 - > 128 (+20)
Special Attack: 92 - > 152 (+60!)
Special Defense: 108 - > 118 (+10)
Speed: 35 - > 35
(BST)485 -> 585

New moves: Night Daze, Weather Ball
Description: It's a Special Attacker Now. Mega it in Rain or Hail, and that's it.
New Ability
: Telepathic Rage (Psychic Terrain Version of Arena Rock)
Type: Ghost/Psychic

New stats:
Attack: 60 -> 60
Defense: 60 -> 75 (+15)
Special Attack:105 - > 170 (+65)
Special Defense: 105 - > 110 (+5)
Speed:105 - > 120 (+15)
(BST) 495 - > 595

New moves: Psyshock
Description: With Its New Psychic Typing (It has more Psychic Moves Than Ghost) and Ability, It gets rid of the Priority that once Controlled it, Boosts Psychic Moves with its Base 170 Sp. Attack.

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
Yeah!!! lets go !!!! reminder from your local Unusable Pokemon Specialist that hematite said you can specify to let prevos have new moves you add, so if anybody who's giving Honchkrow Parting Shot wants to make Murkrow's day..........
1602959233480.png

:Mismagius:
Mega Mismagius
New Ability: Levitate --> Witching Hour (When this Pokemon Mega Evolves (and afterwards when it enters battle), it activates a Room effect for 5 turns that makes all attacking moves used during the duration use Special Attack and target Special Defense.)
New Typing
: Ghost/Fairy

New Stats:
ATK: 60 (--)
DEF
: 60 --> 80 (+20)
SPA
: 105 --> 155 (+50)
SPD
: 105 --> 115 (+10)
SPE
: 105 --> 125 (+20)

New Moves
: Parting Shot, Draining Kiss, Spirit Shackle, Spirit Break, Light Screen
I don't forsee myself wanting to use Evio Misdreavus anytime soon, but Misdreavus may have these moves if it would like to!

Desc
: So this concept for a room effect has a lot of fascinating properties! To name a few:
- Physical sweepers are forced to use their worse attacking stat against Mismagius' better Defense​
- Calm Mind essentially behaves like an omniboost barring Speed, boosting its total offensive and defensive power​
- Light Screen behaves similarly in that one screen handles all the damage your team will take for the duration of Witching Hour, which alongside Parting Shot aid it in providing team support (since Witching Hour is a normal room effect, it can apply to your teammates too!)​
- Moves like Mystical Fire and Witching Hour Spirit Break reliably reduce the amount of damage Mismagius takes from any attack during Witching Hour's duration​
- Certain Physical moves of Mismagius' can be used to target Special Defense instead - namely Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak, giving it basically some of the only Special priority in the game​
It's also worth noting that due to the way the moves Body Press and Foul Play are coded, both of those moves become entirely Special-based. Body Press might not be relevant for Mismagius itself, but maybe a Specially Defensive teammate could come in with and cause some problems with it. Foul Play on the other hand could make for a fascinating option, letting it target both Special and Physical attackers depending on whether or not the Room is active.

:Spiritomb:
Mega Spiritomb
New Ability: Pressure/Infiltrator --> Regenerator
New Typing: Ghost/Dark (Unchanged)

New Stats:
ATK: 92 --> 108 (+16)
DEF
: 108 --> 142 (+34)
SPA
: 92 --> 108 (+16)
SPD
SPE
: 35 (--)

New Moves
: Parting Shot

Desc: Behold! The bulky pivot from h e l l

Regenerator allows Spiritomb to easily Curse just about anything it wants, while giving it way more longevity than Pain Split does for base form. It can Curse-trap with Infestation, but has to switch out and break the trap in order to reliably recover, so it shouldn't be too hard to play around that sort of build. It also has Pursuit to pick off weakened foes that might try to retreat to clear the Curse status.

Parting Shot is kind of unnecessary but pairs well with Regenerator and also its just fun. It also gets Taunt, Toxic, and Disable as other fun support pivot options.

Mega Honchkrow

Typing: Dark/Flying

New Ability: Technician

New Moves: Parting Shot (give to Murkrow), Beat Up, Dual Wingbeat*

HP: 100 - - >100 (unchanged)
Atk: 125 - - >145 (+20)
Def: 52 - - >77 (+25)
SpA: 105 - - >105 (unchanged)
SpD: 52 - - >77 (+25)
Spe: 71 - - >101 (+30)
BST: 505 - - >605 (+100)

This lines up with basically all of Honchkrow’s dex entries. It commands a flock of Murkrow around. So I immediately thought of Technician Beat Up, and to my surprise, Honchkrow somehow doesn’t get Beat Up! That is ridiculous, so I gave it Beat Up and Technician. Parting Shot is mandatory in my opinion.
Yes, this is too many added moves, but I think that Dual Wingbeat is something that Honchkrow would get if it was in Sword and Shield. It also happens to pair wonderfully with Technician. Is giving Dual Wingbeat ok?

More if I come up with more ideas

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So this is the first time I'm posting something here and I remember doing something like this way back in 2015 in my own spare time, so figured I'd try my hand at this with some fun stuff.

Mega Spiritomb
New Ability
: Void (Allows Ghost-type moves to hit Normal-type Pokemon)

New stats:
Attack: 92 -> 122 (+30)
Defense: 108 -> 138 (+30)
Special Attack: 92 -> 122 (+30)
Special Defense: 108 -> 138 (+30)
Speed: 35 -> 15 (-20)
(BST) 485 -> 585

New moves: Strength Sap
Description:
Decided to keep M-Spiritomb relatively simple while giving it a unique ability to have a stronger no drawback move while still hitting everything bar Dark-types neutrally with Ghost STAB. The drop in speed is offset by the fact that it still has Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch for priority and Strength Sap makes boosting sets more annoying seeing as it can't be Tricked a Choice item.

:mismagius:
Mega Mismagius
New Ability
: Pixilate

New stats:
Defense: 60 -> 85 (+25)
Special Attack: 105 -> 125 (+25)
Special Defense: 105 -> 125 (+25)
Speed: 105 -> 125 (+25)
(BST) 495 -> 595

New moves: Draining Kiss, Wish
Description:
This sorta plays on Mismagius becoming mature through evolution and becoming an ally to its trainer, so why not make it an ally to its teammates as well with some Wish support granted the HP stat is high, but the typing is fantastic. Draining Kiss for some added recovery but since Pixilate is here, it will be overlooked for Hyper Voice on NP sets.

Mega Honchkrow
New Ability
: Head Honcho (This Pokemon's attacks do 1.2x damage if it attacks first, 0.8x damage if it goes second)

New stats:
Attack: 125 -> 145 (+20)
Defense: 52 -> 82 (+30)
Special Attack: 105 -> 115 (+10)
Special Defense: 52 -> 82 (+30)
Speed: 71 -> 81 (+10)
(BST) 505 -> 605

New moves: Agility, Swords Dance
Description:
M-Honchkrow has a boss like image, so it seemed only fitting to give it an ability that suits the design. Honchkrow calls the shots and it doesn't like being overshadowed by anyone, hence the addition of Agility and Swords Dance felt right to help assert its claim as head of the pack.

Mega Mismagius
New Ability
Type: Ghost / Fairy

New stats:
Defense: 80 (+20)
Special Attack: 145 (+40)
Speed: 145 (+40)

New moves: Moonblast, Stealth Rock
Description:
Man Mismagius is frail.
Mismagius has a very strong special attack and good moves and coverage, so these stats get buffs to make it a more powerful attacker. Prankster allows it to outspeed opponents and Taunt them while also utilizing its varied support movepool to function a bit like Klefki. It can use Substitute as well as Nasty Plots quicker, as well as moves like Stealth Rock and Perish Song. However, despite buffs to its Defense, it’s still frail Physically, and it’s moves lack raw power. Still, Mismagius is a very strong powerhouse with good utility.

Mega Honchkrow
New Ability
: Magic Guard
Type: Dark / Flying

New stats:
Defense: 57 (+5)
Special Attack: 105
Special Defense: 57 (+5)
Speed: 71 -> 141 (+70)

New moves: Swords Dance (Give this to Mukrow too :D)
Description:
Normal Honchkrow: weak to Stealth Rock, doesn’t like Brave Bird recoil, easily revenge killed
Not anymore!
Magic Guard as well as a large investment into Speed makes Honchkrow-Mega a force to be reckoned with. No longer being as easily revenge-killed, while still boasting a strong Attack stat and extremely spammable Brave Birds makes Honchkrow a premier Flying-type attacker. However, in exchange for this newfound strength, it doesn’t have an ability that boosts Attack easily, while also removing its Attack slot. This is somewhat remedied by Swords Dance, however.

Mega Spiritomb
New Ability
: Eerie Trickery (All moves have +1 priority.) (Thanks DrPumpkinz for pointing that out! However, I this was the original idea I had... and Hematite pointed out that it’s rather ironic too, and I like that.)

New stats:
Attack: 122 (+30)
Defense: 128 (+20)
Special Attack: 122 (+30)
Special Defense: 128 (+20)
Speed: 35

New moves: Poltergeist, Zen Headbutt
Description:
Spiritomb speedy boi
Also nice balanced stats so can fulfill anything you want mediocrely
Jack-of-all-trades, master of none
It’s real strength is it’s flexibility making it very unpredictable

Last edited:
Mega Spiritomb
New Ability
: Eerie Trickery (Opposite of Stall; all moves get +1 priority.)

New stats:

Description:
Spiritomb speedy boi
Stall doesn't actually decrease the priority of moves, but rather forces you to move last in a given priority bracket, like a Lagging Tail. So Eerie Trickery should really be more like a permanent Quick Claw effect.

If you have no idea what I mean, imagine Stall and Lagging Tail to be -0.5 priority, and Quick Claw and Custap Berry to be +0.5 priority. That's not actually how they work, but it's close enough to get the idea across.

Mega Spiritomb
New Ability
: Eerie Trickery (Opposite of Stall; you move first in your given priority bracket.) (Thanks DrPumpkinz! It’s fixed now ;))

New stats:

Description:
Spiritomb speedy boi
Stall doesn't actually decrease the priority of moves, but rather forces you to move last in a given priority bracket, like a Lagging Tail. So Eerie Trickery should really be more like a permanent Quick Claw effect.

If you have no idea what I mean, imagine Stall and Lagging Tail to be -0.5 priority, and Quick Claw and Custap Berry to be +0.5 priority. That's not actually how they work, but it's close enough to get the idea across.
Alternatively, you could leave it as it is and make it the only one of our Speed control Megas that's vulnerable to Psychic Terrain, which I think would be a neat subversion of its type!
But also, just noting that I have seen this and reviewed it, and I wholly support this Spiritomb! I sort of did a double-take when I saw the Ability, but I've looked into its options in some depth (and gone over my thoughts in the Discord), and I actually think this is a comfortable fit in terms of power level.
It doesn't seem unhealthy or broken based on where its power caps out, and there are both clear reasons to use it and clear reasons to use each of our other Speed control Megas over it, so it's not outclassing them or making them irrelevant.
And it also looks really interesting to use!! I love how many options the Ability opens up other than just attacks - this looks super fun!!
So yeah, this is a very cool sub - it's way better balanced than I expected it to be when I first saw the Ability. Just noting that here so people didn't think it was overlooked or anything!

---

I also have one sub so far:

:honchkrow: Mega Honchkrow
New Ability
: Insomnia/Super Luck/Moxie -> Cry of Night
(When Mega Honchkrow uses a Dark-type move, it also lowers the target's Defense and Special Defense.)

New stats:
Attack: 125 -> 105 (switched with Special Attack)
Defense: 52 -> 92 (+40)
Special Attack: 105 -> 125 (switched with Attack)
Special Defense: 52 -> 72 (+20)
Speed: 71 -> 111 (+40)

New moves: Air Slash, Parting Shot joining the bandwagon: also give us Parting Shot Murkrow
Description:
Okay, uh-- the idea behind this one is to be a Nasty Plot breaker with a side of unique team support!
Cry of Night enables Mega Honchkrow to use Dark Pulse as an excellent pressuring move despite its below-average Special Attack - the guaranteed Special Defense drop pressures opponents to switch by guaranteeing that repeated attacks will hit the same opponent much harder, often generating free turns to do something other than attack as well (whether you're setting up more Nasty Plots or optionally running either Roost or Parting Shot - there are a handful of different ways to use this!).
This kind of guaranteed debuff is also a valuable tool as a wallbreaker - it means that even opponents that should be able to take Mega Honchkrow's moves by resisting them can't afford to stay in on it for very long.
I also gave it Air Slash - I felt that Hurricane would be too much, but I didn't want to leave it with just Air Cutter... or... possibly just Hidden Power if you happen to be running only two attacks. I think I would rather use HP Flying than Air Cutter unless I wanted some other Hidden Power...
Ahem. Anyway, it doesn't need to have that problem any more!! It has Air Slash for that.
Finally, Parting Shot is probably the most unique part of the Ability. It's also an insanely good flavor fit - I know I want Parting Shot to go to everything, but why doesn't Honchkrow already have it?! In addition to granting Honchkrow an opportunity to pivot out quickly against threatening opponents, Parting Shot lowers their Attack and Special Attack as always, which makes it safer to switch in on incoming attacks - but it also lowers Defense and Special Defense, strongly pressuring the opponent to switch out in return and giving your switch-in a free turn! Just don't use it on a Bisharp!

Oh, um, I posted this concept art for Mega Luxray on the discord under designs and sprites, but I don't think anyone saw it...
(I know it looks like a cringy recolor with some extra changes. First time)

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
Oh, um, I posted this concept art for Mega Luxray on the discord under designs and sprites, but I don't think anyone saw it...
(I know it looks like a cringy recolor with some extra changes. First time)
I think the reason no-one responded is because in the Discord you referred to it as “my Mega Luxray”, and everyone squinted at it and went “that guy didn’t win mega luxray what are you talking about.” Not bad at all for a first sprite attempt but once again I’d rather you asked again and clarified what you meant in the chat room rather than the thread, because even I don’t put sprite update stuff in the thread as the main spriter here. I’ve left some notes about it in #designs-and-sprites but in the future please just keep it in there. Sometimes people are just busy.

I’ll use this post as an excuse to talk a little in general about how the sprites on the frontpage got there, since that’s a process we haven’t really clarified. Generally Hematite, Ausma and I are the main people working on the art stuff, since Hematite and I are the ones with the most pixel art experience. We go through multiple passes for concept design, rough sprite and sprite finalization, often passing it off to each other to make tweaks. It’s a process we take pretty seriously, but others are welcome to come to the discord to offer their own material — especially concept art — and contribute their personal touches to the creative process.

(About concept art, though: I know that pixel art is really approachable compared to drawing, but pixel art is a remarkably difficult way to make concept art. Like even if you’re “”bad at drawing””, the small scale of pixel art makes it really hard to work through ideas, rather than taking the idea from another image and then converting it. If drawing is still an issue, take a page out of DrPumpkinz’ book and find photo references of real-world objects that might be relevant to your design (I.e. Gigalith on the first page, and Conkeldurr which is linked to in the Hall of Fame). It’s intuitive and really, really effective for getting ideas across, and it’s pretty easy for the scratch spriters to interpret and work off of.)

Hey, everyone!! Time for a quick update post!!
The patch for slate 14 is now live! You can play it on Dragon Heaven as always!

To recap, that means:

- IsoCon's :staraptor: Mega Staraptor, かたわれ時's :bibarel: Mega Bibarel and inkbug's :kricketune: Mega Kricketune have all been added! Their Mega Stones are called Staraptorite, Bibarelite and Kricketite.

- The functionality of the Abilities
Down-to-Earth and :rillaboom: Arena Rock has been massively improved, with Down-to-Earth now properly suppressing terrain rather than deleting it and Arena Rock-induced Grassy Terrain no longer being possible to clear with Defog, Splintered Stormshards or Steel Roller! Both of these were originally implemented in the early stages of the mod I didn't know what I was doing, so they were done somewhat haphazardly, but they are both now properly complete and working as intended.

- Finally, there is now an option in the teambuilder to validate your team with the Mega Spooky Cup ruleset, so you can check the legality of your teams much more easily. Challenges for Mega Spooky Cup and M4A Doubles can now both now be sent through the usual menu instead of Mega Spooky Cup being self-imposed and M4A Doubles requiring use of the /challenge command, hopefully making both of them much more convenient.​

We are fully up-to-date with the current slate, and all 41 Mega Evolutions are completely playable!
Also the issue where I accidentally banned Mega Lycanroc-Midnight and Mega Lycanroc-Dusk is fixed! The validator considers them legal now!

(There are still about 42 hours left in the submission phase, so you still have plenty of time to finish your ideas! It's expected to close this coming Tuesday at 3:30 GMT. C: )

:Honchkrow:
New Ability: Insomnia/Super Luck/Moxie -> Serene Grace

New stats:
Attack: 125 -> 130 (+5)
Defense: 52 -> 70 (+18)
Special Defense: 52 -> 64 (+12)
Speed: 71 -> 105 (+35)

New moves: Air Slash
Flavor: Mega Honchkrow is based off of the godfather. His normal face dons the furrowed expression the godfather normally carries - and he has one outstretched arm. A little, tuxedoed bird follows it around.
Description:
Air slash and dark pulse with doubled flinch chances. Shadow Ball now has a 40% chance to drop spdef. Psychic is the same but at 20% now. Steel Wing also has a 20% boost chance if that's chosen - but a cool effect is that superpower now has a 200% chance to drop attack and defense (I'm trolling). All in all - it's a cool serene grace user with mixed options - which uses dual stabs instead of just air slash. I'm hoping this mega distinguishes itself from Togekiss, but since it was originally parental bond, I'm just gonna focus on my other 2 submissions :(. Sorry, and enjoy!
New Ability: Levitate -> Spectral Cloak (Pokemon using a non-contact move on this pokemon lose 1/8th of their max HP, or reverse Rough Skin)
Type: Ghost -> Ghost/Rock

New stats:
Attack: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Defense: 60 -> 90 (+30)
Special Defense: 105 -> 145 (+40)
Speed: 105 -> 115 (+10)
New Moves: Recover, Ancient Power
Flavor: Mismagius assumes a new secondary color of a light beige. Her hat tips down to cover her face, aside from a devilish smile. Mega Mismagius holds a shiny, geometric apple that you know is poisonous. Her body becomes more geometric as well.
Set Description: A cool defensive mega - Mega Mismagius not only discourages special attacks, but status moves too (toxic, swords dance, roost, etc). It's a super cool take on a defensive pokemon, as its a defensive pokemon that primarily takes on other defensive pokemon (and special attackers). As its a defensive pokemon, I gave it recover to add more longevity. I gave it ancient power as a cool alternative to the stronger power gem if it wanted. It already had a really cool moveset so I didn't feel the need to add much else. I thought putting 20 into attack would be a pretty good way for suboptimal stats - cause I was originally planning on dumping 50 into defense. Either way - this is a super cool pokemon. Enjoy

more coming soon

Last edited:
:sm/spiritomb:
:bw/spiritomb:
Spiritomb-Mega
Ghost/Dark
Pressure/Infiltrator->Locksmith
(This Pokémon’s trapping and pseudo-trapping moves retain their effects for an extra turn after this Pokémon is no longer on the field. Additionally, they have 1.2x power.)
HP: 50->50 (+0)
Attack: 92->116 (+24)
Defense: 108->113 (+5)
Special Attack: 92->92 (+0)
Special Defense: 108->113 (+5)
Speed: 35->101 (+66)
New moves: Spirit Shackle, Jaw Lock

Dual STAB trap passer. Great on balance. Held back by low power for a Mega, an obnoxious speed tier for the role it's trying to fill, and so-so bulk. idk if I'll write more but its cool imo

Design wise, it gains a shadowy humanoid shape with gaping jaws and chains hanging from its wrists. Mega Evolution freed it from the fissure, by unlocking the Odd Keystone.

Last edited:
Spiritomb-Mega
Ghost/Dark
Pressure/Infiltrator->Phantom Locksmith
(This Pokémon’s trapping and pseudo-trapping moves retain their effects for an extra turn after this Pokémon is no longer on the field. Additionally, they have 1.2x power.)
New moves: Moonlight, Spirit Shackle, Jaw Lock, Parting Shot

Description WIP
Just as a rule of thumb, I think simpler or more general ability names work best. Not only does it make them easier to apply to future Pokemon, but they also sound less like something a fan made up for a fakemon and more like an actual ability Game Freak might actually make.

In this case, I think just Locksmith would make a better name.

:bw/honchkrow: Mega Honchkrow

Ability:
Insomnia/Super Luck/Moxie -> Kleptomaniac (When this Pokémon hits another with a contact move, it will copy the opponent's item and replace its current item (usually the megastone) with the copied item)

Stats:
Atk: 125 -> 145 (+20)
Def: 52 -> 72 (+20)
SpA: 105 -> 125 (+20)
SpD: 52 -> 72 (+20)
Spe: 71 -> 91 (+20)
BST: 505 -> 605 (+100)

New Moves: Switcheroo, (Flavour: Fling)

Flavour: You know how crows can use tools? Yeah it's based on that, its talons and legs become more like arms and claws to grab things better, and its wings become more like limbs to swipe things with.

Competitive: Mega Honchkrow has a unique role among megas, being able to hold an item (with the prevalence of HDB it can quite easily grab a pair for itself), of course, this isn't perfect, as it's not like it can properly choose - it depends on the items the opponent has on their team. It has Sucker Punch for priority which is a nice way of getting a 'guaranteed' item for itself, it can also run Brave Bird for pure damage or opt for a special moveset outside of Sucker Punch as to not replace its item. Its speed isn't ideal, meaning that Sucker Punch is very important, but it hits very hard with either attacking stat (mainly Atk) and its not as if it can't steal say a Life Orb or Choice Band to push its damage output even further.

:sm/mismagius:
Mismagius-Mega
Ghost/Psychic
Levitate->Bewitching Cries (This Pokemon sets Magic Room until it exits the field, or Trick Room, Wonder Room, or Magic Room is used.)
HP: 60->60 (+0)
Attack: 60->60 (+0)
Defense: 60->95 (+35)
Special Attack: 105->165 (+60)
Special Defense: 105->95 (-10)
Speed: 105->120 (+15)
New Moves: Moonlight, Teleport, Poltergeist, Expanding Force, Low Sweep (Most of these are unviable but the flavor behind Low Sweep is awesome, and some of them would just make sense for getting from the IoA tutor.)
So. Giving this idea another go. Priority, especially Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak, singlehandedly murder it, but it has improved physical bulk at the cost of some special bulk, a means of pivoting, reliable recovery, a great speed tier, and high power. Nasty Plot sets can be really solid, as lots of Pokemon hate basically not having an item. Moonlight lets it stick around, and overall I like the idea.

Mismagius-Mega
Ghost/Psychic
Levitate->Bewitching Cries (This Pokemon sets Magic Room until it exits the field, or Trick Room, Wonder Room, or Magic Room is used.)
New Moves: Moonlight, Teleport, Poltergeist, Expanding Force, Low Sweep (Most of these are unviable but the flavor behind Low Sweep is awesome, and some of them would just make sense for getting from the IoA tutor.)
So. Giving this idea another go. Priority, especially Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak, singlehandedly murder it, but it has improved physical bulk at the cost of some special bulk, a means of pivoting, reliable recovery, a great speed tier, and high power. Nasty Plot sets can be really solid, as lots of Pokemon hate basically not having an item. Moonlight lets it stick around, and overall I like the idea.
try putting your subs in the same post, it makes the thread cluttered

Hey, everyone!! I believe it's now time for the submission phase to close and the voting phase to begin! Thanks to everyone for submitting!!

Happy early Halloween. This is going to be an interesting year. Mismagius was something I was hoping to submit as a submission, since it's a Pokemon I really like from gen 4 and sadly, I have never used one in a Diamond team myself. I So, here's the sub:

Mega Mismagius:mismagius:
Type View attachment 282569
Abi
lity Spirit Siphon (This Pokemon has life-draining effects on all its attacking moves that heal by 33%.)
Stats
60 → 60
60 → 60
60 → 70 (+10)
105 → 135 (+30)
105 → 135 (+30)
105 → 135 (+30)
(I had to put the +10 in Defense, so now the stats aren't completely even)

New Moves N/A
Pokedex Entry "This Pokémon can convey its emotions using magical powers. If it's feeling attacked or mischievous, they are said to be very dangerous."

Flavour Description Its hat is crooked, but much larger, and it also now has arms, with its hands being pink. Additionally, it has a purple steam flowing around it, but nothing has proved it to be harmful yet. It is recommended to bond with Mismagius before Mega Evolving it, too! In doubt, Mismagius could turn its back on you.

Competitive Description Mega Mismagius is a unique special attacker that capitalizes on setting up with Nasty Plot and sweeping the opposing team while draining health at its cost when weakened. It has very solid special stats, which allow it to take attacks like Water Shuriken from Ash-Greninja, outspeed threats like Kartana, and do significant damage to some bulky special walls save Blissey, like Clefable. Shadow Ball+Mystical Fire+Dazzling Gleam allows it to hit most of the metagame for neutral and hard damage, but Taunt can be used instead to shut down Blissey and neuter recovery from Toxapex, Corviknight, etc.
Mismagius @ Mismagite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire / Taunt

This set can act as a pure wallbreaker that relies on healing from the opponent, or briefly as a stallbreaker with Taunt. Alternatively, a Will-O-Hex set can be used to help its mediocre physical bulk.
Mega Mismagius
New Ability
: Levitate -> Witchburned
(If this pokemon is hit by a fire type attack, it's SpA is raised 2 stages but it's defence drops one stage. Immunity to fire)
Type:
Mystical Fire - Fire-type

HP 60
Defense: 60 -> 110 (+50)
Speed: 105 -> 130(+25)
(595 BST)
New moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Dark Pulse, Eerie Spell (Once CT comes out)
* note that we'll be waiting to see Eerie Spell's stats before necessarily approving it, but all submissions will have the option to include Crown Tundra's new moves once they come out, as has been discussed on the Discord
New Ability
: Queenly Majesty

New stats: 60/60/80/155/110/130
HP: 60 (+0)
Attack: 60 (+0)
Defense: 60 --> 80 (+20)
Special Attack: 105 --> 155 (+50)
Special Defense: 105 --> 110 (+5)
Speed: 105 --> 130 (+25)
(BST) 595

New moves: Moonblast, Draining Kiss, (Charm)
Description: Mega-Mismagius uses an amazing but underrated type due to it being quite rare. Ghost/Fairy is a good defensive and offensive type with 3 immunities and 1 double resist for only 2 rarer weaknesses as well as hitting every type for at least neutral damage except Normal/Fire, Normal/Steel and Normal/Poison. It uses its high speed and Nasty Plot to threaten a large amount of pokemons with its great dual STAB. It is able to 2hko many good offensive mons which turns into a 1hko with a nasty plot boost. It can also avoid common priorities such as bullet punches, shadow sneaks and sucker punches with queenly majesty, all of which are very threatening to it. I'm sure Mega-Mismagius' great typing will help it a lot in its quest to become the best mega.
Mismagius
Ghost, Psychic
Reality warp (when this pokemon is on field, all type matchups are swapped)
60, 75, 75, 140, 140, 95
+15, +15, +35, +35, -10
Psyshock

Comp: The main purpose of this mismagius is to turn bad matchups into good ones thru reversing type effectiveness. psychock is here to deal with chansey if just shadow ball isnt enough.
Flavor: Its psychic powers become so powerful that it becomes able to completely warp the entire universe, being able to bring the distortion world

Activation text: "Mismagius summoned an reality-distorting energy!"
Effect name: Distortion field
New Ability
: Tormenting Chant: Applies Torment status on the opponent for 5 turns upon this Pokémon's switch in (also applies during the turn it Mega Evolves).
Type: Ghost

New stats:
Attack: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Defense: 60 -> 60
Special Defense: 105 -> 135 (+30)
Speed: 105 -> 135 (+30)

New moves: None
Description: Use Protect to screw choice attackers. It can also play mind games and set up a Nasty Plot instead if you can predict the opponent switching. 135 Speed makes it a really fast Nasty Plot sweeper, while its low Defense keeps it balanced and prone to priority.

/

Ability: Alchemist (If the opponent is inflicted with poison, upon using a damaging Poison move, a random effect will be inflicted. See spoiler for what these effects are.)

Transform the target into a Seismitoad, Ariados, or Butterfree.
Inflict paralysis over poison
Inflict burn over poison
Confuse target
Inflict Encore
Inflict Torment
Inflict Toxic over poison
-1 in two random stats
-1 in one random stat, +1 in a random stat
+1 in two random stats
(Only if over 50% HP) Inflict curse
(Only if under 25% HP) Explode

Atk: 95 (+35)
Def: 95 (+35)
SpA: 135 (+35)
SpD: 110 (+5)
Spe: 95 (-10)
New Moves: Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Toxic Spikes, Poison Fang, Parting Shot, Fling

Reasoning:

I'm gonna be real, I just wanted to have fun with this one; there is no real niche niche to be had here, but I really wanted to have a blast with the witch motif and create a fun mon. It's not meta defining by any means, but it's not really supposed to be, either. Though, I guess you could make a NP set work if you really wanted.

I think the real cream of the crop, though, comes in Alchemist's function in tandem with its new moves in the form of Sludge Bomb, Toxic Spikes, and Poison Fang: all Poison-spreading moves that can also deal damage. So, if you want to wring your opponent into a special kind of hell, then there's that to really ruin their day. Sludge Wave and Sludge Bomb are both pretty good STAB Poison moves on their own right! Parting Shot is there because I feel it has flavor, and can combine pretty nastily with Alchemist's side effects.

Flavor:

le cauldron witch has arrived.

Dex Entry:

Mega Mismagius is a mischievous Pokemon, that manifests its spells in the form of a new skill in alchemic brewing. Using the poisonous liquids it can emit with its body, it is able to spread a strange, magic effect more tangibly than its original counterpart.
New Ability
: Telepathic Rage (Psychic Terrain Version of Arena Rock)
Type: Ghost/Psychic

New stats:
Defense: 60 -> 75 (+15)
Special Attack:105 - > 170 (+65)
Special Defense: 105 - > 110 (+5)
Speed:105 - > 120 (+15)
(BST) 495 - > 595

New moves: Psyshock
Description: With Its New Psychic Typing (It has more Psychic Moves Than Ghost) and Ability, It gets rid of the Priority that once Controlled it, Boosts Psychic Moves with its Base 170 Sp. Attack.
Mega Mismagius
New Ability: Levitate --> Witching Hour (When this Pokemon Mega Evolves (and afterwards when it enters battle), it activates a Room effect for 5 turns that makes all attacking moves used during the duration use Special Attack and target Special Defense.)
New Typing
: Ghost/Fairy

New Stats:
ATK: 60 (--)
DEF
: 60 --> 80 (+20)
SPA
: 105 --> 155 (+50)
SPD
: 105 --> 115 (+10)
SPE
: 105 --> 125 (+20)

New Moves
: Parting Shot, Draining Kiss, Spirit Shackle, Spirit Break, Light Screen
I don't forsee myself wanting to use Evio Misdreavus anytime soon, but Misdreavus may have these moves if it would like to!

Desc
: So this concept for a room effect has a lot of fascinating properties! To name a few:
- Physical sweepers are forced to use their worse attacking stat against Mismagius' better Defense​
- Calm Mind essentially behaves like an omniboost barring Speed, boosting its total offensive and defensive power​
- Light Screen behaves similarly in that one screen handles all the damage your team will take for the duration of Witching Hour, which alongside Parting Shot aid it in providing team support (since Witching Hour is a normal room effect, it can apply to your teammates too!)​
- Moves like Mystical Fire and Witching Hour Spirit Break reliably reduce the amount of damage Mismagius takes from any attack during Witching Hour's duration​
- Certain Physical moves of Mismagius' can be used to target Special Defense instead - namely Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak, giving it basically some of the only Special priority in the game​
It's also worth noting that due to the way the moves Body Press and Foul Play are coded, both of those moves become entirely Special-based. Body Press might not be relevant for Mismagius itself, but maybe a Specially Defensive teammate could come in with and cause some problems with it. Foul Play on the other hand could make for a fascinating option, letting it target both Special and Physical attackers depending on whether or not the Room is active.
Mega Mismagius
New Ability
: Pixilate

New stats:
Defense: 60 -> 85 (+25)
Special Defense: 105 -> 130 (+25)
Speed: 105 -> 130 (+25)
(BST) 495 -> 595

New moves: Draining Kiss, Wish
Description:
This sorta plays on Mismagius becoming mature through evolution and becoming an ally to its trainer, so why not make it an ally to its teammates as well with some Wish support granted the HP stat is high, but the typing is fantastic. Draining Kiss for some added recovery but since Pixilate is here, it will be overlooked for Hyper Voice on NP sets.
* TONE - hi! sorry I didn't say anything sooner, but I noticed while I was compiling that your Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed were each 5 points lower than you seemed to intended. Since you noted that your stat changes were supposed to be +25 each, I've changed the actual stats to match that, but let me know if you'd prefer to spend those extra 15 points a different way!
Mega Mismagius
New Ability
Type: Ghost / Fairy

New stats:
Defense: 80 (+20)
Special Attack: 145 (+40)
Speed: 145 (+40)

New moves: Moonblast, Stealth Rock
Description:
Man Mismagius is frail.
Mismagius has a very strong special attack and good moves and coverage, so these stats get buffs to make it a more powerful attacker. Prankster allows it to outspeed opponents and Taunt them while also utilizing its varied support movepool to function a bit like Klefki. It can use Substitute as well as Nasty Plots quicker, as well as moves like Stealth Rock and Perish Song. However, despite buffs to its Defense, it’s still frail Physically, and it’s moves lack raw power. Still, Mismagius is a very strong powerhouse with good utility.
* as per their profile, you can also vote for かたわれ時 as Hodaka if you're unable to type their name!
New Ability: Levitate -> Spectral Cloak (Pokemon using a non-contact move on this pokemon lose 1/8th of their max HP, or reverse Rough Skin)
Type: Ghost -> Ghost/Rock

New stats:
Attack: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Defense: 60 -> 90 (+30)
Special Defense: 105 -> 145 (+40)
Speed: 105 -> 115 (+10)
New Moves: Recover, Ancient Power
Flavor: Mismagius assumes a new secondary color of a light beige. Her hat tips down to cover her face, aside from a devilish smile. Mega Mismagius holds a shiny, geometric apple that you know is poisonous. Her body becomes more geometric as well.
Set Description: A cool defensive mega - Mega Mismagius not only discourages special attacks, but status moves too (toxic, swords dance, roost, etc). It's a super cool take on a defensive pokemon, as its a defensive pokemon that primarily takes on other defensive pokemon (and special attackers). As its a defensive pokemon, I gave it recover to add more longevity. I gave it ancient power as a cool alternative to the stronger power gem if it wanted. It already had a really cool moveset so I didn't feel the need to add much else. I thought putting 20 into attack would be a pretty good way for suboptimal stats - cause I was originally planning on dumping 50 into defense. Either way - this is a super cool pokemon. Enjoy
Mismagius-Mega
Ghost/Psychic

Definitions of "to hustle"
  • obtain by forceful action or persuasion
  • coerce or pressure someone into doing or choosing something
  • sell aggressively
  • obtain by illicit action; swindle; cheat
Sounds like a mob boss to me.

Mega Honchkrow
Type:
Dark/Flying
Ability: Hustle
Moves: Dual Wingbeat, Burning Jealousy (both tutor flavor, neither relevant)
Stats:
HP: 100​
Att: 125 155 (+30)​
Def: 52​
SpA: 105 135 (+30)​
SpD: 52 72 (+20)​
Spe: 71 91 (+20)​

Honchkrow is neat in that it has two STAB options with perfect accuracy: Feint Attack and Aerial Ace, though I don't expect Aerial Ace to see much use due to it competing with Brave Bird's incredible power.

Honchkrow may hit like a nuclear bomb (Brave Bird is almost as strong as High Jump Kick from Mega Medicham!) and have powerful STAB priority, but it's still frail-ish on the physical side, reliant on Sucker Punch against offensive teams, and is inherently inconsistent thanks to Hustle.
Mega Honchcrow
New Ability
: Insommnia/Super Luck/Moxie -> Grand Scheme
(If this pokemon is knocked out, the opponent's pokemon takes 25% of their health)
Type:
Feint Attack - Dark-type

HP 100
Attack: 125 -> 137 (+12)
Defense: 52 ->
Special Attack: 105 -> 125 (+20)
Special Defense: 52 -> 120 (+68)
Speed: 71
(595 BST)
New moves: Parting Shot
New Ability
: Pressure
Type: Dark/Poison

New stats:
HP: 100 (+0)
Attack: 125 (+0)
Defense: 52 --> 122 (+70)
Special Attack: 105 (+0)
Special Defense: 52 --> 92 (+40)
Speed: 71 --> 61 (-10)
(BST) 605

New moves: Sludge Bomb, Corrosive Gas, Gunk Shot, Toxic Spikes, Parting Shot (Which Murkrow can get), (Venoshock), (Venom Drench)
Description: With it getting one of the best defensive typing in the game, better bulk than toxapex and an insane amount of utility with defog, parting shot, toxic spikes, taunt and corrosive gas, Mega-Honchkrow has the potential to be a very powerful defensive pokemon. Here's one thing you may not like: it gets pressure and spite and it was done with the intent of being used to pressure-stall. Anyway with its insane bulk and defensive typing as well as its fantastic utility, Honchkrow will be a very good defensive pokemon capable of stopping strong threats.
Honchkrow
Dark, Poison
Merciless

100, 145, 86, 115, 86, 71
Baneful bunker, Gunk shot, Sludge wave
Comp: it now has baneful bunker and merciless, making it an crit machine. it does have low speed, but it also has sucker punch. gunk shot and swave are just poison stabs for my honchy boi.
Flavor: Mega evolution has caused it to become too heavy due to the poison generated in its body, and thus it cannot fly anymore.
New Ability
: Sacrificial Crow (Disguise clone)

New stats:
Attack: 125 -> 155 (+30)
Defense: 52
Special Attack: 105 -> 155 (+50)
Special Defense: 52
Speed: 71 -> 91 (+20)

New moves: Hurricane, Air Slash
Description: Honchkrow is the Pokémon representation of a mafia boss with Murkrows as its cronies. In mafia movies, the cronies usually get sacrificed so the big boss gets to live for another day. Its ability is a flavor reference to that, and it allows Mega Honchkrow to have a free turn to either set up a Nasty Plot or just dish out damage. Once the Murkrow gets sacrificed though, Honchkrow is a now a vulnerable villain due to its low defenses. High mixed offenses allow Mega Honchkrow to be more unpredictable in terms of checks and counters. Air Slash and Hurricange gives it a special Flying STAB depending on your preference (power vs. accuracy).
:sm/honchkrow:

HONCHKROW-MEGA
Mega Stone Name: Honchkrite
Dark/
Flying
Insomnia/Super Luck/Moxie->Summoner of Night
(When this Pokémon uses a Dark type move, Focus Energy is used automatically by the Pokémon on the user’s position at the end of the turn, for this Pokémon or its teammates.)
Stats:
HP: 100->100 (+0)
Attack: 125->140 (+15)
Defense: 52->82 (+30)
Special Attack: 105->110 (+5)
Special Defense: 52->82 (+30)
Speed: 71->91 (+20)
Total: 505->605 (+100)
New Moves: Aeroblast, Parting Shot (give to Murkrow too), Hone Claws, Cross Chop, Drill Run, Flavor: Focus Energy
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the face of the mafia offensive team support. Mega-Honchkrow has a unique presence on teams as both a wallbreaker and a powerful team support. By using its great options in Parting Shot, Obstruct, Hone Claws, and Night Slash, it can set itself or its teammates up to hit very hard. This unique form of team support paired with passable bulk and a great STAB combo make Honchkrow an incredible mixed attacker and wallbreaker.
Additionally, this Pokémon is balanced by a few factors: while it can be very threatening with Nasty Plot sets, its inferior coverage and lower base Special Attack hold it back. On Hone Claws sets, it has the coverage, but lacks the sheer power of Nasty Plot sets. Additionally, average bulk that it rarely invests in makes it somewhat easy to take down on non-Roost sets, and that speed tier leaves it outsped by many common meta picks. Despite these flaws, it’s a Pokémon that would really shine in the meta as a great wallbreaker and team support.
Offensive Pivot
Honchkrow@Honchkrite
Lonely/Naughty Nature
252 Atk, 4 SpA, 252 Spe
Move 1: Parting Shot
Move 2: Night Slash
Move 4: Cross Chop/Drill Run

Hone Claws
Honchkrow@Honchkrite
Adamant/Jolly Nature
252 Atk, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Move 1: Hone Claws
Move 2: Cross Chop/Drill Run
Move 3: Night Slash
Move 4: Brave Bird

Nasty Plot
Honchkrow@Honchkrite
Modest/Timid Nature
252 SpA, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Move 1: Nasty Plot
Move 2: Dark Pulse
Move 4: Heat Wave

/

Ability: Blackmail (If an opponent is hit with a physical Dark-type attack, they are planted with a permanent ability "Orderly Target", which prevents the holder from ever being able to KO Mega Honchkrow with direct damage, leaving it always with 1 HP no matter the move. However, once this Dark-type attack is landed, the user's own ability is permanently replaced with Keen Eye.)

[Pokemon name] is afraid to finish off Honchkrow!

Atk: 145 (+20)
Def: 82 (+30)
SpA: 105
SpD: 102 (+50)
Spe: 71
New Moves: Parting Shot (give it to Murkrow too), Dual Wingbeat

Reasoning:

Honchkrow is one of my favorite mons, and I really need to do it justice; luckily, this Mega Honchkrow does just that in providing a flavorful, unique option to check offense. Its ability seems complex on paper, but in other words: you hit the foe with a Dark-type move like Pursuit, and their ability is not only removed, but the Pokemon in question can never kill Honchkrow, otherwise... if you do, your dirty little secret is revealed. I feel a Blackmail based ability is perfect for a mob boss, and I think it can have a ton of unique application in competitive, too. Through this, you are able to permanently incapacitate a Pokemon of your choice without outright trapping and eliminating it in an uncompetitive fashion. Though given it is a one time ability, you have to pick your target carefully, as Honchkrow gets a borderline useless ability after the fact. This is also balanced by the fact that Honchkrow needs to get off its Dark-type move to begin with, endangering itself in the process, and having to stay healthy so the ability remains relevant, making it an offense destroyer that requires skill to utilize to max effect. Offensively, it is no slouch either, and still has STAB Brave Bird/Pursuit/Sucker Punch that it can utilize with a Moxie boost pre-Mega. Most of the defensive spread is to allow Honchkrow to take a hit easier so it can get off its move, but balancing it in the sense that it retains its subpar speed.

It has one main move addition: Parting Shot. Honchkrow with a useful, flavorful momentum option such as this lets Honchkrow gain momentum on targets that will obviously switch out on a Pokemon they are literally incapable of killing. Honchkrow naturally has access to options such as Roost and Taunt that let it push the opponent more readily and focus on staying alive as well.

Flavor:

Obviously: a mob boss. I wanted Mega Honchkrow to fully embrace that and feel like the underlying, manipulative menace it's supposed to be, and a fearsome threat that you couldn't even see; and I hope I accomplished just that.

It is bulkier, now adorned with a rose in its hat, and a strange straw from its sharper beak, with its now piercing eyes hidden under its hat. Its wings act more like a trench coat, shaped in such a manner where the red plume from its chest is visible, resembling a tie.

Dex Entry:

Imbued with Mega energy, Mega Honchkrow's wicked nature goes into overdrive. Much unlike its aggressive original counterpart, it is much more calculated, and prefers to mentally combat its foes. It is extremely observant, and can find holes to exploit in any human or Pokemon it chooses to manipulate for its own gain; as such, it is very self indulgent and ruthless, thinking and feeling nothing of its goons.
New Ability

New stats:
Attack: 125 -> 140 (+15)
Defense: 52 -> 87 (+35)
Special Attack: 105 -> 120 (+15)
Special Defense: 52 -> 87 (+35)
Speed: 71 -> 71
(BST)505 -> 605

New moves:Mirror Move, Obstruct
Description: Honchkrow becomes a Staller with its already Great Speed and Wide Variety of Status Moves. Mirror Move Essentially is a Copycat that gives the move priority. Obstruct Is Just a move I think It fits well with its set.

Sample Set:
Honchkrow @honchkrite
Ability: Prankster
- Thunder Wave
- Mirror Move
- Obstruct
- Tailwind
Mega Honchkrow

New Ability: Technician

New Moves: Parting Shot (give to Murkrow), Beat Up, Dual Wingbeat*

HP: 100 - - >100 (unchanged)
Atk: 125 - - >145 (+20)
Def: 52 - - >77 (+25)
SpA: 105 - - >105 (unchanged)
SpD: 52 - - >77 (+25)
Spe: 71 - - >101 (+30)
BST: 505 - - >605 (+100)

This lines up with basically all of Honchkrow’s dex entries. It commands a flock of Murkrow around. So I immediately thought of Technician Beat Up, and to my surprise, Honchkrow somehow doesn’t get Beat Up! That is ridiculous, so I gave it Beat Up and Technician. Parting Shot is mandatory in my opinion.
Yes, this is too many added moves, but I think that Dual Wingbeat is something that Honchkrow would get if it was in Sword and Shield. It also happens to pair wonderfully with Technician. Is giving Dual Wingbeat ok?
Mega Honchkrow
New Ability
: Head Honcho (This Pokemon's attacks do 1.2x damage if it attacks first, 0.8x damage if it goes second)

New stats:
Defense: 52 -> 82 (+30)
Special Attack: 105 -> 115 (+10)
Special Defense: 52 -> 82 (+30)
Speed: 71 -> 81 (+10)
(BST) 505 -> 605

New moves: Agility, Swords Dance
Description:
M-Honchkrow has a boss like image, so it seemed only fitting to give it an ability that suits the design. Honchkrow calls the shots and it doesn't like being overshadowed by anyone, hence the addition of Agility and Swords Dance felt right to help assert its claim as head of the pack.
Mega Honchkrow
New Ability
: Magic Guard
Type: Dark / Flying

New stats:
Defense: 57 (+5)
Special Defense: 57 (+5)
Speed: 71 -> 141 (+70)

New moves: Swords Dance (Give this to Mukrow too :D)
Description:
Normal Honchkrow: weak to Stealth Rock, doesn’t like Brave Bird recoil, easily revenge killed
Not anymore!
Magic Guard as well as a large investment into Speed makes Honchkrow-Mega a force to be reckoned with. No longer being as easily revenge-killed, while still boasting a strong Attack stat and extremely spammable Brave Birds makes Honchkrow a premier Flying-type attacker. However, in exchange for this newfound strength, it doesn’t have an ability that boosts Attack easily, while also removing its Attack slot. This is somewhat remedied by Swords Dance, however.
* as per their profile, you can also vote for かたわれ時 as Hodaka if you're unable to type their name!
New Ability
: Insomnia/Super Luck/Moxie -> Cry of Night
(When Mega Honchkrow uses a Dark-type move, it also lowers the target's Defense and Special Defense.)

New stats:
Attack: 125 -> 105 (switched with Special Attack)
Defense: 52 -> 92 (+40)
Special Attack: 105 -> 125 (switched with Attack)
Special Defense: 52 -> 72 (+20)
Speed: 71 -> 111 (+40)

New moves: Air Slash, Parting Shot joining the bandwagon: also give us Parting Shot Murkrow
Description:
Okay, uh-- the idea behind this one is to be a Nasty Plot breaker with a side of unique team support!
Cry of Night enables Mega Honchkrow to use Dark Pulse as an excellent pressuring move despite its below-average Special Attack - the guaranteed Special Defense drop pressures opponents to switch by guaranteeing that repeated attacks will hit the same opponent much harder, often generating free turns to do something other than attack as well (whether you're setting up more Nasty Plots or optionally running either Roost or Parting Shot - there are a handful of different ways to use this!).
This kind of guaranteed debuff is also a valuable tool as a wallbreaker - it means that even opponents that should be able to take Mega Honchkrow's moves by resisting them can't afford to stay in on it for very long.
I also gave it Air Slash - I felt that Hurricane would be too much, but I didn't want to leave it with just Air Cutter... or... possibly just Hidden Power if you happen to be running only two attacks. I think I would rather use HP Flying than Air Cutter unless I wanted some other Hidden Power...
Ahem. Anyway, it doesn't need to have that problem any more!! It has Air Slash for that.
Finally, Parting Shot is probably the most unique part of the Ability. It's also an insanely good flavor fit - I know I want Parting Shot to go to everything, but why doesn't Honchkrow already have it?! In addition to granting Honchkrow an opportunity to pivot out quickly against threatening opponents, Parting Shot lowers their Attack and Special Attack as always, which makes it safer to switch in on incoming attacks - but it also lowers Defense and Special Defense, strongly pressuring the opponent to switch out in return and giving your switch-in a free turn! Just don't use it on a Bisharp!
:Honchkrow:
New Ability: Insomnia/Super Luck/Moxie -> Serene Grace

New stats:
Attack: 125 -> 130 (+5)
Defense: 52 -> 70 (+18)
Special Defense: 52 -> 64 (+12)
Speed: 71 -> 105 (+35)

New moves: Air Slash
Flavor: Mega Honchkrow is based off of the godfather. His normal face dons the furrowed expression the godfather normally carries - and he has one outstretched arm. A little, tuxedoed bird follows it around.
Description:
Air slash and dark pulse with doubled flinch chances. Shadow Ball now has a 40% chance to drop spdef. Psychic is the same but at 20% now. Steel Wing also has a 20% boost chance if that's chosen - but a cool effect is that superpower now has a 200% chance to drop attack and defense (I'm trolling). All in all - it's a cool serene grace user with mixed options - which uses dual stabs instead of just air slash. I'm hoping this mega distinguishes itself from Togekiss, but since it was originally parental bond, I'm just gonna focus on my other 2 submissions :(. Sorry, and enjoy!
:bw/honchkrow: Mega Honchkrow

Ability:
Insomnia/Super Luck/Moxie -> Kleptomaniac (When this Pokémon hits another with a contact move, it will copy the opponent's item and replace its current item (usually the megastone) with the copied item)

Stats:
Atk: 125 -> 145 (+20)
Def: 52 -> 72 (+20)
SpA: 105 -> 125 (+20)
SpD: 52 -> 72 (+20)
Spe: 71 -> 91 (+20)
BST: 505 -> 605 (+100)

New Moves: Switcheroo, (Flavour: Fling)

Flavour: You know how crows can use tools? Yeah it's based on that, its talons and legs become more like arms and claws to grab things better, and its wings become more like limbs to swipe things with.

Competitive: Mega Honchkrow has a unique role among megas, being able to hold an item (with the prevalence of HDB it can quite easily grab a pair for itself), of course, this isn't perfect, as it's not like it can properly choose - it depends on the items the opponent has on their team. It has Sucker Punch for priority which is a nice way of getting a 'guaranteed' item for itself, it can also run Brave Bird for pure damage or opt for a special moveset outside of Sucker Punch as to not replace its item. Its speed isn't ideal, meaning that Sucker Punch is very important, but it hits very hard with either attacking stat (mainly Atk) and its not as if it can't steal say a Life Orb or Choice Band to push its damage output even further.

Mega Spiritomb
New Ability
Type:

HP 50
Attack: 92 -> 103 (+11)
Special Attack: 92 -> 108(+16)
Speed: 35 -> 108 (+73)
(630 BST)

New moves:
Description:
New Ability
: Soul Flip: Sets Wonder Room on switch-in or mega depending on the conditions (If Wonder Room is not up and opponent's attack is higher, do not set, if it up, set it. The opposite applies for if special attack is higher.

New stats: 50/132/178/92/78/55
HP: 50 (+0)
Attack: 92 --> 132 (+40)
Defense: 108 --> 178 (+70)
Special Attack: 92 (+0)
Special Defense: 108 --> 78 (-30)
Speed: 35 --> 55(+20)
(BST) 485 --> 585

New moves: Poltergeist, Knock Off, Recover, Parting Shot, Trick Room, (Safeguard)
Description: Mega-Spiritomb uses its ability to make the first pokemon it faces attack its higher defense stat. With this, Mega-Spiritomb can be one the bulkiest physical and special wall at the same time because it only needs to invest in its defense stat. It can also now use recover for reliable recovery and stab poltergeist and knock off coming off its base 132 attack is no joke. Do keep in mind its wonder room doesn't only affect it, it also affects you and your opponent's team. While this can seriously mess with the opposite team especially if its spamming its new parting shot, it can also mess with your team if you're not careful. Anyway I think this pokemon is gonna have a really big impact on the field and can fit in all sorts of team.
Mega Spiritomb
New Ability
: Curse of Smiting (When this pokemon lands a killing blow, the next pokemon that switches in will have their highest defensive stat lowered by 1 stage. When this pokemon dies, the pokemon which landed the killing blow has their highest offensive stat lowered by 1 stage.)

New stats:
Attack: 112 (+20)
Defense: 78 (-30)
Special Attack: 142 (+50)
Speed: 95 (+60)
(585 BST)

New moves: Earth Power
Description:
This Mega Spiritomb intends to utilize its unique ability to its advantage, as it does different effects depending on which pokemon dies. 142 special attack enables it to get easy KO's very fast, especially in conjunction with Nasty Plot and 105 base speed. This allows it to weaken the next pokemon's highest defense, making it not only an even scarier breaker than before but also allows it to weaken special walls that could give it trouble. However, the benefits of that ability don't just extend to Mega Spiritomb landing a KO. In fact, its ability also punishes stronger attackers for KOing it by crippling their offenses, especially physical attackers that try to exploit its relatively weak base 78 defense.

Despite this it's balanced out by once again, its lack of physical bulk, which means that any strong physical attack will OHKO it. Its defensive typing also doesn't help either considering it lacks resistances other than Poison. 105 speed, while still very fast, is not enough to outspeed threats such as Cinderace and Ash-Greninja, meaning that they can kill it before they can do anything. Although both will be crippled due to its ability, the former can easily U-turn out to get rid of the stat drop.

Design and Flavor: The Odd Keystone which Spiritomb's spirit is bound to has almost completely shattered due to the energy from Mega Evolution. It grows jagged arms made of the same energy that composes Spiritomb's body, and the shards of the odd keystone it was bound to float around its hands. There is a green core in its center, surrounded by 4 other green orbs. Mega Spiritomb also has a tail, and towards the tip, those same green orbs float around it in a circular pattern. It is extremely aggressive, and will lay a curse on anyone in its hunt for vengeance.
New Ability
: Mysterious Spell: Halves damage taken from Ghost- and Fairy-type moves (Thick Fat clone)

New stats:
Attack: 92 -> 102 (+10)
Defense: 108 -> 128 (+20)
Special Attack: 92 -> 142 (+50)
Special Defense: 108 -> (+20)
Speed: 35 -> 35

New moves: Giga Drain
Description: During its release, one thing that made Spiritomb stand out was that it had no weaknesses. Its new ability allows it to regain that recognition, and its huge bulk enhances its usefulness even further. An additional Ghost-type resistance adds to its defensive utility. A big increase to its Special Attack stat allows it to hurt things and potentially set up with Nasty Plot. Giga Drain gives it additional coverage and much needed recovery.

/

Ability: Temptation (A volatile is applied to Spiritomb upon switch in that boosts the opponent's attacking stat by 1 stage when Spiritomb is hit, however, Spiritomb attains those same boosts.)

Power tempts [Pokemon name]!

[Pokemon name] couldn't resist the temptation!

Atk: 108 (+16)
Def: 119 (+11)
SpA: 108 (+16)
SpD: 119 (+11)
Spe: 81 (+46)
New Moves: Poltergeist, Recover, Power Trip

Reasoning
:

So, Spiritomb has a lot of flavor going around 108, but why is that?

Its 108 spirits are supposed to be a metaphor for the 108 temptations to reach Nirvana... with that being said, I knew the basis of my Spiritomb had to be in temptation, and promptly punishing it, and luckily, that's what it's here to do.

Mega Spiritomb is all about punishing offense with its unique ability through baiting and switching offensive targets. With its overall solid defensive typing and defensive spread, it is capable of switching into weaker attacks/pivoting moves and punishing them greatly, or staying in and creating a risk scenario for the user. You can try to get boosts to cleave through the Spiritomb's team, but is that worth dealing with a mixed offensive Mega Spiritomb that can do the same to you? There are a lot of mind games involved here, but also a lot of great mixed breaking opportunities for Mega Spiritomb as a result. Mega Spiritomb also has access to Foul Play if you're into that!

Strength Sap works in tandem with the boosts it can create, healing greatly but also keeping the opponent in check if need be; Power Trip accomplishes something similar, letting Spiritomb unleash a nuke if it accommodates enough boosts of its own. Poltergeist gives it an actual Physical Ghost STAB, and Recover is general longevity that doesn't rely on Strength Sap.

Flavor:

108 like hell.

I had 108 in hexadecimal for the stat spread originally, but it was literally 1 point off, so I decided to just flip 108 and turn that into 81, and go from there. Close enough, I guess.

Dex Entry:

Those in the presence of Mega Spiritomb feel a wicked aura that tempts their desires. Those who take the temptation of the 108 spirits in Mega Spiritomb are said to experience lifelong visions of great loss and pain.
New Ability
: Absolution (Boosts Special Attack by 1.5x During Rain/Hail)

New stats:
HP:50 - > 50
Attack: 92 - > 102 (+10)
Defense: 108 - > 128 (+20)
Special Attack: 92 - > 152 (+60!)
Special Defense: 108 - > 118 (+10)
Speed: 35 - > 35
(BST)485 -> 585

New moves: Night Daze, Weather Ball
Description: It's a Special Attacker Now. Mega it in Rain or Hail, and that's it.
Mega Spiritomb
New Ability: Pressure/Infiltrator --> Regenerator
New Typing: Ghost/Dark (Unchanged)

New Stats:
ATK: 92 --> 108 (+16)
DEF
SPA
: 92 --> 108 (+16)
SPD
SPE
: 35 (--)

New Moves
: Parting Shot

Desc: Behold! The bulky pivot from h e l l

Regenerator allows Spiritomb to easily Curse just about anything it wants, while giving it way more longevity than Pain Split does for base form. It can Curse-trap with Infestation, but has to switch out and break the trap in order to reliably recover, so it shouldn't be too hard to play around that sort of build. It also has Pursuit to pick off weakened foes that might try to retreat to clear the Curse status.

Parting Shot is kind of unnecessary but pairs well with Regenerator and also its just fun. It also gets Taunt, Toxic, and Disable as other fun support pivot options.
Mega Spiritomb
New Ability
: Void (Allows Ghost-type moves to hit Normal-type Pokemon)

New stats:
Attack: 92 -> 122 (+30)
Defense: 108 -> 138 (+30)
Special Attack: 92 -> 122 (+30)
Special Defense: 108 -> 138 (+30)
Speed: 35 -> 15 (-20)
(BST) 485 -> 585

New moves: Strength Sap
Description:
Decided to keep M-Spiritomb relatively simple while giving it a unique ability to have a stronger no drawback move while still hitting everything bar Dark-types neutrally with Ghost STAB. The drop in speed is offset by the fact that it still has Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch for priority and Strength Sap makes boosting sets more annoying seeing as it can't be Tricked a Choice item.
Mega Spiritomb
New Ability
: Eerie Trickery (All moves have +1 priority.) (Thanks DrPumpkinz for pointing that out! However, I this was the original idea I had... and Hematite pointed out that it’s rather ironic too, and I like that.)

New stats:

Description:
Spiritomb speedy boi
Spiritomb-Mega
Ghost/Dark
Pressure/Infiltrator->Locksmith
New moves: Spirit Shackle, Jaw Lock

Dual STAB trap passer. Great on balance. Held back by low power for a Mega, an obnoxious speed tier for the role it's trying to fill, and so-so bulk. idk if I'll write more but its cool imo

Design wise, it gains a shadowy humanoid shape with gaping jaws and chains hanging from its wrists. Mega Evolution freed it from the fissure, by unlocking the Odd Keystone.
(please yell at me if I messed anything up or missed anything!)
Edit: updated Ausma's subs!
Edit 2: added War Incarnate's sub!

As usual, voting will last for 48 hours! That should give you plenty of time to decide on a vote, and you can also get started on planning for the next slate!
Based on the results of the latest poll - and just in time for Halloween and the Mega Spooky Cup! - slate 16 will be a Halloween theme, with :ariados: Mega Ariados, :gourgeist: Mega Gourgeist and :mimikyu: Mega Mimikyu!
As Gourgeist's forms do not share the same base HP, they will require different stat spreads, and it's up to you how much you want to differentiate them! That said, each submission should include all of these spreads, and they will be voted as a set rather than each form having a separate poll.

Edit: As pointed out by BitBitio on the Discord, Ariados's BST is low enough to warrant an exception to the stat rules!
For :ariados: Mega Ariados, you are not obligated to follow the current stat rules! You still need to have +100 BST, but the rules restricting lowered stats do not apply here.
For Ariados, you can lower Attack or Special Attack by up to 25 points or lower Defense, Special Defense or Speed to add 35 points to relevant stats of your choice (25 points more than the normal rules allow).

To keep the thread organized, I ask that you refrain from posting your submissions here until the submission phase begins, but remember that the Discord is always a fantastic place to discuss ideas and get feedback on your submissions even before the slate opens!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)