Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
I'm not on the council, and this is a nice change, but will this be applied to pre-existing Gen 8 megas?

(NOTE: The reason I'm posting in this thread and not in the Discord is because I can't access it from the device I'm using.)
I don't think it's being added universally, just where a submitter might find it appropriate. Adding it to existing gen 8 megas will be at the discretion of their original creators.

Last edited:
I'm not on the council, and this is a nice change, but will this be applied to pre-existing Gen 8 megas (as in those 3 moves being added to pre-existing megas)?

(NOTE: The reason I'm posting in this thread and not in the Discord is because I can't access it from the device I'm using.)
I don't think it's being added universally, just where a submitter might find it appropriate. Adding it to existing gen 8 megas will be at the discretion of their original creators.
Confirming this! We did just address this on the Discord.
So far, the creators of Mega Rillaboom, Mega Cinderace, Mega Inteleon, Mega Corviknight and Mega Dragapult have all already decided against adding any of these, leaving only Mega Orbeetle and Mega Thievul.
As the creators of these two aren't on the Discord server yet, I'll take this opportunity to ask them here: Scoopapa (for Orbeetle) and MegaFlareon (for Thievul), let me know if either of you would like to add Return/Frustration or Hidden Power to your Gen VIII Megas! I'll be happy to add them right away if you ask. C:
Edit: Hidden Power has been added to Mega Thievul! I've added it to the pending pull request, so it will be legal to use on Dragon Heaven as soon as the latest patch is approved. C:
side note: I also (hopefully) fixed all of the bugs (for real this time) and added slate 11, so every Mega so far will be playable soon! we just need to wait for the pull request to go through - the coding is all done and just has to be patched in. C:

Last edited:
Hello! I've been watching for a while, and have finally decided to start submitting stuff! I am relatively new to competitive Pokémon in general, so I will most likely make some mistakes and bad decisions. I hope you guys can put up with that. Big thanks to Hematite and inkbug for helping me with these, especially with Gigalith’s ability, and approving Reuniclus in general.
Here are my subs for Slate 12:
:boltund: Mega Boltund

Typing: Electric

New Ability: Galvanize

New moves: Extreme Speed, Return

Stats:
HP: 69 - - >69 (unchanged)
Atk: 90 - - >125 (+35)
Def: 60 - - >80 (+20)
SpA: 90 - - > 95 (+5)
SpD: 60 - - >90 (+ 30)
Spe: 121 - - >131 (+10)
BST: 490 - - > 590 (+100)

So both of Boltund’s dex entries describe how it uses electricity to run very fast:

Sword: This Pokémon generates electricity and channels it into its legs to keep them going strong. Boltund can run nonstop for three full days.

Shield: It sends electricity through its legs to boost their strength. Running at top speed, it easily breaks 50 mph.

So, I thought that Extreme Speed would be appropriate, since it, you know, supposedly runs very fast. And the dex entries also say that it uses electricity to run fast, so Galvanize-boosted Extreme Speed sort of makes sense?
Anyway, Galvanize lets it run a strong STAB priority, and basically turns Double-Edge into Volt Tackle if it wants a more powerful option. (minus the 10% paralysis chance that Volt Tackle has but when does that ever happen) I also gave it Return, for a slightly less powerful but recoil-free alternative to Double-Edge. (Plus, Boltund is a dog, and dogs are known for being very friendly, so Return feels right.)
In summary, Mega Boltund can provide strong priority spam and also has access to Bulk Up, and some coverage moves like Crunch and Play Rough. It can also have a stronger STAB option with Double-Edge or Return if it needs to.

:Reuniclus: Mega Reuniclus

Typing: Psychic

New ability: Barrier Gel: (Psychic-type Water Bubble clone: This Pokémon’s Psychic-type moves have 2x power, Poison-type moves deal halved damage to this Pokémon, this Pokémon is immune to being poisoned. This ability is affected by Corrosion, if that isn't hard to code)

New move: Dazzling Gleam

Stats:
Hp: 110 - - >110 (unchanged)
Atk: 65 - - >130 (+65)
Def: 75 - - >90 (+15)
SpA: 125 - - >130 (+5)
SpD: 85 - - >100 (+15)
Spe: 30 - - >30 (unchanged)
BST: 490 - - >590 (+100)

Uhh, I’m very scared of this thing, but Hematite said it was probably fine so I will keep it. Reuniclus’s Shield Pokédex says this:
It’s said that drinking the liquid surrounding Reuniclus grants wisdom. Problem is, the liquid is highly toxic to anything besides Reuniclus itself.
This dex description could suggest a lot of abilities, like Poison Point, Poison Touch, Poison Heal, Liquid Ooze, etc. But I decided to go with a Water Bubble clone that resists poison and is immune to poisoning.
What Barrier Gel does is allow Reuniclus’s attacking stats to stay lower so it can put more points in to other stats, while still hitting very hard - with only its Psychic moves. It allows Reuniclus to run more utility because its Psychic move Is so strong that it can ignore resistances and hit harder than neutral coverage moves. It can also threaten opponents with devastating Future Sights. I did buff it’s Atk considerably, to match its SpA, so that it can make use of its wide physical movepool. (I added Dazzling Gleam so it has a SpA option to hit Dark-Types super effectively without missing Focus Blast 30 times.)
In summary, Mega Reuniclus can run less coverage because its Psychic moves, even if resisted, can be more powerful than a neutral coverage move. It now can be a mixed attacker thanks to its Atk buffs and its already large set of physical moves. Its speed hasn’t been raised, so it is still a good trick room user, and it is immune to poisoning.

:Gigalith: Mega Gigalith

Typing: Rock

New Ability: Winds of Ruin: (Desolate Land clone with sandstorm. Activates Harsh Sandstorm that stays until this ability is not in play. Harsh Sandstorm = normal sandstorm, but Special Defense of Rock-types is multiplied by 2 instead of 1.5.)

New move: Shore Up

Stats:
HP 85 - - > 85 (unchanged)
Atk: 135 - - >150 (+15)
Def: 130 - - >140 (+10)
SpA: 60 - - >100 (+40)
SpD: 80 - - >115 (+35)
Spe: 25 - - > 25 (unchanged)
BST: 515 - - >615 (+100)

Ok I take it back, Reuniclus is fine, this thing is terrifying. I think Shore Up combined with this thing’s monstrous defenses might be a bit too much.
Taking inspiration from its base form’s Sand Stream, I decided to upgrade it and create Winds of Ruin. I’ve had the name floating around my head for a while and I wanted to use it on something, and winds are what cause sandstorms, so I thought it was a fitting place for the name. So Desolate Land/Primordial Sea Are interesting, right? They’re basically just Drought and Drizzle but with one of the effects amplified: the reduced power of specific move types escalates to completely stopping those types of moves.
So we thought it could do that with sandstorm: amplify the effect of Rock-Types having their SpD multiplied by 1.5 in a sandstorm. So, we made it increase SpD by 2x instead of 1.5x. The result seems to be an immovable wall made of a bad defensive type, but probably still pretty tough! With Shore Up, it can pull off a huge heal whenever it wants, and it has access to Iron Defense, which can even out its defenses (not that it needs higher defenses) and boost its Body Press. Plus its Atk buff makes it hit even harder… this whole thing might need to be toned down just a bit.
In summary, Mega Gigalith is an incredibly strong wall with access to big healing, and hits hard, but is still very slow.

New Ability
: Solid Rock
Type: Rock

New stats:
HP: 85 -> 85
Attack: 135 -> 155 (+20)
Defense: 130 -> 165 (+35)
Special Attack: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Special Defense: 80 -> 115 (+35)
Speed: 25 -> 25
BST: 515 -> 615

New moves: Shore Up
Description: Huge bulk, new move in Shore Up, and a useful ability makes Mega Gigalith a good Curse sweeper. Solid Rock makes it hard to take down even with super effective moves, especially with the initial Sand Stream SpD boost. 155 Attack allows it to hit deceptively hard for a seemingly defensive Pokemon. It can also be run as an offensive pivot/tank thanks to its tanking capabilities.

New Ability
: Toxic Blob: User's Bomb and Ball moves become Poison-type moves (similar to Liquid Voice)
Type: Psychic/Poison

New stats:
HP: 110 -> 110
Attack: 65 -> 145 (+80)
Defense: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Special Attack: 125 -> 125
Special Defense: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Speed: 30 -> 10 (-20)
BST: 490 -> 590

New moves: Curse
Description: The power of Mega Evolution makes Reuniclus' liquid much more poisonous. It also grants its are much more smashing power. Poison-typing gives it Toxic immunity, a good compensation for the loss of Magic Guard. I decided to make Mega Reuniclus a physical attacker since it has a wide physical movepool and base Reuniclus is already good as a special attacker. Toxic Blob gives it a good movepool for its Poison STAB, though Gyro Ball its the best move in Mega Reuniclus' case. It loses a bit of coverage though, but that mostly applies on the special attacking side. Curse gives it the option to sweep which goes well with Recover and possibly Drain Punch. The lowered Speed makes Mega Reuniclus' Poison STAB Gyro Ball much more powerful and reliable. I wouldn't consider it "cheating" the stat boosts since I am primarily boosting its lower offensive stat (Attack) of previously 65 and I didn't lower its other offensive stat (Special Attack) so it needs as much boost as possible.

:Boltund: Mega Boltund
New Ability
: Competitive
Type: Electric

New stats:
HP: 69 -> 69
Attack: 90 -> 90
Defense: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Special Attack: 90 -> 150 (+60)
Special Defense: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Speed: 121 -> 131 (+10)
BST:

New moves: Energy Ball, Burning Jealousy (+Hidden Power)
Description: I feel like Competitive Boltund has untapped potential but mostly goes unexplored due to its shallow special movepool. Its typing makes it a natural check to OU's premier defoggers Corviknight, Tapu Fini, and Zapdos. It can switch onto them to get a Competitive boost and proceed to sweep things. It can also check other threats in OU such as Toxapex and Greninja. Because of it's shallow movepool, I added some coverage for it to get through some of its checks. Energy Ball targets Ground-types such as Hippowdon while Burning Jealousy (gets flavor from Competitive) can be used to hit Pokemon like Excadrill. Hidden Power Ice allows it to punish Landorus-T.

:Boltund:
Boltund-Mega
Electric->Electric/Dark
Strong Jaw/Competitive->Decelerate (Lowers speed and raises Attack at the end of every turn)
HP: 69->69 (+0)
Attack: 90->140 (+50)
Defense: 60->55 (-5)
Special Attack: 90->90 (+0)
Special Defense: 60->55 (-5)
Speed: 121->181 (+60)
New moves: Knock Off, Volt Tackle, Sucker Punch, Quick Attack (if it didn’t have it already), Parting Shot
Remember this? Same concept but frailer and faster.

:Gigalith:
Gigalith-Mega
Stone Name: Gigalite
Abilities: Sturdy/Sand Stream/Sand Force->Shuddering Stones (Cold Sweat clone, but sets Sand initially and sets Sun if the opponent has a super-effective or OHKO move)
HP: 85 (+0)
Attack: 135->180 (+45)
Defense: 130->155 (+25)
Special Attack: 60 (+0)
Special Defense: 80->110 (+30)
Speed: 25 (+0)
Total: 515->615 (+100)
New moves: Sunny Day (100% flavor), Weather Ball (also 100% flavor), one or two of Fire Lash/Flare Blitz/Sizzly Slide/Heat Crash (currently leaning toward Heat Crash+Sizzly Slide), Shore Up, and Diamond Storm.

Acting as a counterpart to Mega Vanilluxe, Gigalith-Mega aims to also be a hybridized weather setter while improving on its role as a wall quite well.

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:ss/boltund:
New Ability
: Intimidate
Type: Electric/Dark

New stats: 69/170/70/90/60/131
HP: 69 (+0)
Attack: 170 (+80)
Defense: 70 (+10)
Special Attack: 90 (+0)
Special Defense: 60 (+0)
Speed: 131 (+10)
(BST) 490 --> 590

New moves: Plasma Fists, Knock Off, Close Combat, Parting Shot
Description: Mega-Boltund would look like a werewolf which is the main inspiration for the dark typing. Since werewolves also stand up and can use their fists, I decided to give it better physical moves in plasma fists, knock off and close combat. If you see a big wolf standing up on two legs, you'd obviously be super scared so I decided intimidate was the best ability it could have. Obviously, werewolves are very strong so Mega-Boltund's attack stat will be very high. While 170 attack and 131 speed with great coverage is scary, no item or damage boosting abilities should make it not too hard to handle. I think it will be very good as a fast and strong attacker with volt switch and parting shot to pivot.

:ss/gigalith:
:gigalith: Mega Gigalith
New Ability
: Overgrow
Type: Rock/Grass

New stats: 85/155/150/70/130/25
Attack: 155 (+20)
Defense: 150 (+20)
Special Attack: 70 (+10)
Special Defense: 130 (+50)
(BST) 515 --> 615

New moves: Leech Seed, Power Whip, Ingrain, Growth
Description: With everyone going for sun-based gigaliths, I decided I needed to make mine different from the rest. As such, my mega-gigalith will be covered with vines, moss, mushrooms and other plants since plants often end up growing on nearby rocks. With all these plant-like things growing on it, it seemed obvious for its ability to be Overgrowth as well as making it learn growth. The other moves are there to give a stab and utility. As for the stat spread, it's nothing special, high spdef, a bit of attack and defense and some special attack since grass types use special attacks more. Gigalith actually keeps the sandstorm spdef boost when it mega evolves so it will be really hard to ohko with those massive defenses if sandstorm is up. I think it could be an interesting pokemon with an interesting typing.

Reuniclus (maybe) coming up if I find a good idea.

Last edited:
Mega Gigalith :gigalith:
New Ability: Sturdy / Sand Stream / Sand Force ----> Photonproof (Soundproof / Bulletproof clone; immune to light-based moves)
Aurora Beam, Charge Beam, Hyper Beam, Psybeam, Moongeist Beam, Signal Beam, Steel Beam, Solar Beam, Simple Beam, Flash Cannon, Light of Ruin, Dazzling Gleam, Photon Geyser, Laser Focus, Prismatic Laser, Eternabeam, Fleur Cannon, Mirror Shot, Origin Pulse, Luster Purge, Mirror Coat, Moonblast
New Typing: Rock ----> Rock / Dragon
New Stats:
HP: 80 ----> 80
Attack: 135 ----> 165 (+30)
Defense: 130 ----> 150 (+20)
Special Attack: 60 ----> 70 (+10)
Special Defense: 80 ----> 120 (+40)
Speed: 25 ----> 25
Base Stat Total: 515 ----> 615 (+100)
New Moves: Mirror Coat, Dragon Tail, Heat Crash (competitively relevant) // Mirror Shot, Ember, Dragon Pulse (flavor)
Weight: 260.0 kg (573.2 lbs) ----> 828.6 kg (1826.8 lbs)
Height: 1.7 m (5'07") ----> 3.2 m (10'06")

Flavor Description: Gigalith is the compressed Pokémon species, and its dex entries mention it has enough energy stored to fully destroy a mountain when unleashed. Upon Mega Evolving, the extra energy released by the process adds up into the already extreme amount, so much that all of Gigalith's orange crystals and its eyes now become made of pure, perfect shining diamonds that can reflect any sort of light on its way (Real life diamonds were/are formed at the Earth's mantle exposing carbon atoms to enormous temperature and pressure - which can be simplified as excess of energy. Gigalith is also said to live in tunnels and caves deep underground, which adds logical sense to the change). Sunlight cannot be absorbed anymore due to Mega Evolution's energy overflow. The large stone pieces that forms its body become much bigger as well, now needing two joints instead of one to connect between eachother. A big diamond crystal grows in the place of its smaller back crystal, resembling a diamond-crafted dragon's tail.

Competitive Description: By virtue of its typing (Rock / Dragon is incredibly nice defensively, taking neutral damage from Water and Grass), free access to Sandstorm pre-mega, newfound access to Mirror Coat and Heat Crash, and Photonproof blocking moves like Flash Cannon and Moonblast, Mega Gigalith can primarily act as a one-time check to many threats in one slot, even as a Rock-type - to name a few, the likes of Magearna, Aegislash, Mega Scizor, Mega Cinderace, some Mega Dragapult sets, Ash-Greninja and Kartana are all murdered 1v1. It can also work as a very serviceable Rest + Sleep Talk Curse sweeper with its buffed Special Defense and immunity-less Rock-type STAB, as a Dragon Tail phazer that can stop nearly all special boosters in their tracks should Sandstorm be up, or even as a very reliable Stealth Rock setter. It has its obvious flaws however; it still lacks power to really bypass walls like Toxapex or Celesteela, is prone to all kinds of status and lacks reliable sustain.

Last edited:

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Boltund-Mega
Electric->Electric/Fairy
Strong Jaw/Competitive-> Pixilate
Attack: 90->130 (+40)
Defense: 60->70 (+10)
Special Attack: 90->100 (+10)
Special Defense: 60->70 (+10)
Speed: 121->151 (+30)

New moves: Bolt Strike, Return, Extreme Speed, U-Turn
Description:
With 252+ speed, Mega Boltund is the 2nd fastest pokemon in the metagame, under Mega Pult, (And teeeechinicaly Ninjask).
The favorable type combination allows it to outspeed and have good odds of killing a large amount of our fast offensive mega pokemon such as:
Mega Butterfree (If it doesn't have a QD up)
Mega Raichu
Mega Vaporeon
Mega Dragonite
Mega Hydreigon
Mega Toucannon
Mega Kommo
Mega Intelleon
Mega Corv
Mega Thievul

Mega Aerodactyl
Mega Gallade
Mega Lopunny
Mega Medicham
Mega Pinsir

Boltund acts as a literal glass cannon, carving itself a niche as being the only fairy type pokemon over 130 speed.
Bolt Strike is so mega boltund can get a reliable electric stab (Could be nerfed honestly if it's too powerful), while pixilate allows it to dish out powerful returns as well as a high priority move. It's new addition in U-Turn also allows it to safely pivot out on ground types that it has trouble beating. Mega Boltund's main weaknesses are the inability to break through common bulky ground and grass types, as well as being somewhat weak to priority (In the case where you don't run Extreme Speed), not to mention the inabilty to run heavy-duty-boots like a pivoting zeraora coud. While it can try to setup with Bulk Up, it's much too frail to benefit off of the Defense Boosts and would rather be a fast pivoter anyways.

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
:ss/Boltund:
Mega Boltund
Typing:
Electric ---> Electric/Ice
Ability: Strong Jaw/Competitive ---> Slush Rush
Stats:
HP:
69 ---> 69
Atk: 90 ---> 135 (+45)
Def: 60 ---> 60
SpA: 90 ---> 120 (+25)
SpD: 60 ---> 60
Spe: 121 ---> 151 (+30)
Added Moves: Ice Fang, Ice Beam, Blizzard
Description: Based off of huskies and sled racing. Competitively, Mega Boltund is a relatively standard weather sweeper, now getting STAB BoltBeam and the stats to pull off a Physical or Special set.

:ss/Gigalith:
Mega Gigalith
Typing:
Rock ---> Rock/Fire
Ability: Sturdy/Sand Stream/Sand Force ---> Refraction (If sun is active, this Pokemon's moves cannot miss)
Stats:
HP:
Atk: 135 ---> 155 (+20)
Def: 130 ---> 130
SpA: 60 ---> 120 (+60)
SpD: 90 ---> 110 (+20)
Spe: 25 ---> 25
Added Moves: Fire Blast, Fire Punch, Flamethrower, Energy Ball
Description: Gigalith's Pokedex entry talks a lot about the sun, so I thought a Fire-typing would be fitting for it. I was thinking Gigalith having crystals on it, hence the ability. Competitively, Gigalith has an excellent offensive typing and can throw off 100% accurate Stone Edges and Fire Blasts under sun.

New Ability: Sturdy / Sand Stream / Sand Force ----> Photonproof (Soundproof / Bulletproof clone; immune to light-based moves)
Aurora Beam, Charge Beam, Hyper Beam, Psybeam, Moongeist Beam, Signal Beam, Steel Beam, Solar Beam, Simple Beam, Flash Cannon, Light of Ruin, Dazzling Gleam, Photon Geyser, Laser Focus, Prismatic Laser, Eternabeam, Fleur Cannon, Mirror Shot, Origin Pulse, Luster Purge, Mirror Coat, Moonblast
New Stats:
New Moves: Mirror Coat, Dragon Tail, Heat Crash (competitively relevant) // Mirror Shot, Ember, Dragon Pulse (flavor)

Flavor Description: Gigalith is the compressed Pokémon species, and its dex entries mention it has enough energy stored to fully destroy a mountain when unleashed. Upon Mega Evolving, the extra energy released by the process adds up into the already extreme amount, so much that all of Gigalith's orange crystals and its eyes now become made of pure, perfect shining diamonds that can reflect any sort of light on its way (Real life diamonds were/are formed at the Earth's mantle exposing carbon atoms to enormous temperature and pressure - which can be simplified as excess of energy. Gigalith is also said to live in tunnels and caves deep underground, which adds logical sense to the change). Sunlight cannot be absorbed anymore due to Mega Evolution's energy overflow. The large stone pieces that forms its body become much bigger as well, now needing two joints instead of one to connect between eachother. A big diamond crystal grows in the place of its smaller back crystal, resembling a diamond-crafted dragon's tail.

Competitive Description: By virtue of its typing (Rock / Dragon is incredibly nice defensively, taking neutral damage from Water and Grass), free access to Sandstorm pre-mega, newfound access to Mirror Coat and Heat Crash, and Photonproof blocking moves like Flash Cannon and Moonblast, Mega Gigalith can primarily act as a one-time check to many threats in one slot, even as a Rock-type - to name a few, the likes of Magearna, Aegislash, Mega Scizor, Mega Cinderace, some Mega Dragapult sets, Ash-Greninja and Kartana are all murdered 1v1. It can also work as a very serviceable Rest + Sleep Talk Curse sweeper with its buffed Special Defense and immunity-less Rock-type STAB, as a Dragon Tail phazer that can stop nearly all special boosters in their tracks should Sandstorm be up, or even as a very reliable Stealth Rock setter. It has its obvious flaws however; it still lacks power to really bypass walls like Toxapex or Celesteela, is prone to all kinds of status and lacks reliable sustain.
Nerfed Photonproof a bit; now it's only immune to light-based moves (only notable competitive change is that it's not immune to Ice Beam anymore, as the attack isn't light based per-se).

alright guys
so we have special attacking Gigalith
and we have beam Gigalith
and we have sun Gigalith
but do we have
fast Gigalith

New Ability
: Sturdy/Sand Stream/Sand Force -> Disintegration
(Mega Gigalith's Defense falls by one stage and its Speed rises by two stages each time it successfully executes a beam move.)
Type: Rock/Steel

New stats:
HP: 85
Attack: 135 -> 60 (switched with Special Attack)
Defense: 130
Special Attack: 60 -> 165 (switched with Attack, +30)
Special Defense: 80 -> 110 (+30)
Speed: 25 -> 65 (+40)

New moves: Steel Beam, Ice Beam
Description:
Disintegration was inspired by a neat Pokédex entry of Gigalith's:
When it fires off energy with all its might, the power creates countless fissures on its body.​
The imagery of Gigalith being slowly broken apart when firing the energy beam moves made me think of Weak Armor, so I decided to use a similar effect with a twist that would help Gigalith to take advantage of it, while also incentivizing one of my favorite moves in the game.

The main draw of this Mega is that, between its two turns, Meteor Beam essentially amounts to a special Shift Gear and a 120 BP STAB, at the cost that Gigalith suffers -1 Defense after setting up. Notably, its Speed tier lets it outrun base 100 Scarfers at +2.
It doesn't necessarily need to run any other beam moves, but Ice Beam is an interesting coverage option that interacts with its Ability, while Steel Beam is... ... well, I don't think anyone would use Steel Beam? But I want to be there to see it if they do!! For reference, Zacian and Zamazenta are Pokémon that have Steel-type forms but cannot be Steel-type outside of battle, and they are both compatible with the Steel Beam tutor, so there's precedent!

Sand Stream in its base form is not a necessity for it to function well - it's still a perfectly good sweeper after sand runs out - but, while temporary, the Special Defense boost is useful to ease setup when it first uses Meteor Beam. It also grants it the option to run Weather Ball over Power Gem as an immediate Rock STAB, although this is riskier, as it no longer serves that purpose after the sandstorm ends.

---

:reuniclus: Mega Reuniclus
New Ability: Overcoat/Magic Guard/Regenerator -> Two-Minded
(When Mega Reuniclus's Attack is modified, its Special Attack is modified in the opposite way, and vice versa. The same is true for its Defense and Special Defense.)
Type: Psychic/Fighting

New Stats:
HP: 110
Attack: 65 -> 110 (+45)
Defense: 75 -> 115 (+40)
Special Attack: 125 -> 165 (+40)
Special Defense: 85
Speed: 30 -> 5 (-25)
(495 BST)

New moves: Psycho Boost, Photon Geyser
Description:
I JUST WANNA SAY
it is canon flavor
that sometimes, Reuniclus wants to ignore its psychic powers and just fistfight someone
While it could use its psychic abilities in battle, this Pokémon prefers to swing its powerful arms around to beat opponents into submission.​
so let's let it do that!!!
also, the main inspiration of the entire Solosis line is the endless cycle of cell division, so I like the idea of Mega Reuniclus once again having a duality theme after its base form became one

The gimmick of this Mega Reuniclus is that it specializes in the kinds of powerful moves that lower its own stats - most notably Psycho Boost and Superpower - and its Ability enables it to switch between its attacking specialties each time it uses one. When using Psycho Boost, because it suffers a debuff of -2 Special Attack, Two-Minded raises its Attack by two stages. Conversely, when using Superpower, it suffers -1 Attack and -1 Defense - but with Two-Minded, it also gets a Calm Mind boost at the same time.

It can also get away with going full physical and just using Psycho Boost as a sort of super-Swords Dance, with the more safely spammable Hammer Arm (this isn't affected by Two-Minded, but its Speed isn't getting any lower) and Photon Geyser as physical STABs and the option to run valuable moves like Knock Off or Recover as its fourth move for utility.

Photon Geyser is particularly neat with this Ability because - with Reuniclus constantly switching back and forth between attacking stats - it's really valuable to have a STAB of one type that it can use no matter what, rather than becoming excessively predictable ("you always use Fighting moves when your Attack is higher and Psychic moves when your Special Attack is higher") - another point in favor of physical sets, since it can have both of its STABs at once.

I dunno! I'm not as confident in this one, but I wanted to do something super weird with Reuniclus, and I like the idea of a gimmick like this that pushes it to switch up its moves often and rewards careful play and thinking ahead by letting it adapt to different opponents. I'm curious to see the creative ways people might use this!

Edit: oops, I accidentally deleted the line with Gigalith's type! Fixed!

Last edited:

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
New Ability

(BST) 490 --> 590

New moves: Plasma Fists, Knock Off, Close Combat
Description: Mega-Boltund would look like a werewolf which is the main inspiration for the dark typing. Since werewolves also stand up and can use their fists, I decided to give it better physical moves in plasma fists, knock off and close combat. If you see a big wolf standing up on two legs, you'd obviously be super scared so I decided intimidate was the best ability it could have. Obviously, werewolves are very strong so Mega-Boltund's attack stat will be very high. While 170 attack and 131 speed with great coverage is scary, no item or damage boosting abilities should make it not too hard to handle. I think it will be very good as a fast and strong attacker with volt switch to pivot.
Do you think you would consider adding Parting Shot to this? its hands down my favorite pokemon move and i feel like it would be a really good fit for the sort of playstyle this thing would have -- plus having options to pivot out that arent blocked by ground-types is probably useful for it too ?

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Do you think you would consider adding Parting Shot to this? its hands down my favorite pokemon move and i feel like it would be a really good fit for the sort of playstyle this thing would have -- plus having options to pivot out that arent blocked by ground-types is probably useful for it too ?
I didn't consider it and it goes well with what I was going for so I gave my boltund parting shot. Thank you for the suggestion!

Hello, everyone!!
I'm just here to give a 24-hour warning: the submission phase will close at this time tomorrow, and then the next slate will be announced hopefully - some of them have been tied at a few points! and voting for the winners of this slate will begin!

(I'm still waiting for my pull request on the GitHub to be accepted, but hopefully it will go through soon! Slate 11 will be playable and the bugs will be patched once it's approved - I'll let you know right away when that is!)

:ss/reuniclus:
Mega Reuniclus
New Ability
: Energy Fist - "Punch" moves inflict damage based on Special Attack.
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 65
Speed: 30
(BST 590)
New moves: Mach Punch, Shadow Punch, Dynamic Punch
Description: it's arms and body become bigger, developing the shape of a big human body and having some legs come out of the bottom. Think of Gantu from Lilo&Stitch as a reference for the shape.
(Competitive) perfect for TR sweeping, ability is inspired to Sylvemon's Ethereal Fists.

Mega Gigalith
New Ability
: Dazzling
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 135 -> 165 (+30)
Defense: 130 -> 160 (+30)
Special Attack: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Special Defense: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Speed: 25
(BST 615)
New moves: Accelerock, Rock Wrecker, Solar Blade
Description: the whole shape of its body become similar to a diamond, reflecting rays of light everywhere.

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
:sm/gigalith:
Typing:

Ability: Sand Force
Stats: 85 / 75 (-> SpA, +15) / 130 / 170 (-> Atk, +35) / 110 (+30) / 45 (+20)
New Moves: N/A
Deals a crap ton of damage with the combo of Sand Stream, Sand Force and a new STAB in Earth Power. Great user of rock polish and can play around some walls by using physical moves before mega-evolving.

Still a rock/ground type with 50 speed though. Even with rock polish, it can be outsped by scarfs and even by a timid Zeraora

:Reuniclus:
Let's give this another go.
Reuniclus-Mega
Psychic-Electric
Abilities: Magic Guard/Overcoat/Regenerator->Telekinesis of Nobility (While this Pokemon is active, the effects of Magic Room are active and cannot be removed. When this Pokemon leaves the field, the effects of Magic Room disappear.)
HP: 110 (unchanged)
Attack: 65 (unchanged)
Defense: 75->75
Special Attack: 125->175 (+50)
Special Defense: 75 (-10)
Speed: 30->90 (+60)
New moves: Agility, Buzzy Buzz, Glare, Aura Sphere, Volt Switch, (Thunderbolt as a flavor pick as well)
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the most unexpected means of speed control you've ever seen. This build of Mega Reuniclus sacrifices a large amount of utility in losing Magic Guard, a small amount of Special bulk, and a small amount of power compared to Life Orb to become fast. But not fast in the traditional means, no. While possessing a solid enough speed tier of 90 and a means of boosting with Agility, where it really shines is in its ability: by negating all items including Leftovers, HDB, and especially Choice Scarf, Reuniclus is able to set up and bust holes in the opposing team. It also can pivot out with Volt Switch and spread paralysis, especially with its new STAB in Buzzy Buzz. It also matches up well against users of status by preventing their being statused and paralyzing them instead. Significantly frailer than standard Reuniclus at the cost of speed.
1601650601058.png
Once again based on my favorite card but this time more closely.

Hey again, everyone!! The submission phase is over now - it's time to vote on your favorite submissions and decide which ones are added to the mod! C:

Gigalith
Rock,
Ground
Gravitas (ability developed for orbeetle that sets gravity)
85, 155, 130, 140, 80, 25
Focus blast, Cross chop
Comp: it can be pretty powerful with 100 acc stone edges and focus blasts, and it also got some mixed power, allowing it to scare walls like Tangrowth or Blissey.
:gigalith:
Mega: Gigalith
New Ability: Sand Stream/Sturdy/Sand Force ----> Stalagmite (Ice body clone, regains health in sandstorm or rain)
New Typing:
Meteor Beam - Rock-type

New Stats:
HP: 85 ----> 85
Attack: 135 ----> 175 (+40)
Defense: 130 ----> 160 (+30)
Special Attack: 60 ----> 60
Special Defense: 80 ----> 110 (+30)
Base Stat Total: 515 ----> 615
New Moves: Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Liquadation, Precipice Blades
Description: Either a hazard setter that you decided to waste your mega evo on or a bulky sand/rain sweeper.

Ability: Solar Refraction (If any other weather besides Sun is active upon switch-in or a Residual turn, the weather is replaced with sun, and Gigalith gains 2 stages of Special attack.

Atk: 105 (-30)
Def: 135 (+5)
SpA: 140 (+80)
SpD: 135 (+45)
Spe: 25
New Moves: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Dazzling Gleam, Flash

Reasoning:

Everyone here is probably already pretty familiar with Gigalith's relation to sun and solar energy, and I am absolutely entranced by that, but then there's the obvious conflict of Sand Stream; so, I decided to amp it up a notch and actually turn Sand Stream into a weapon for a Sun breaker. In order to do that, I thought making it a means of which for Gigalith to amplify its breaking power, while providing sun, would let Sand Stream serve as a weapon against other weather teams, ironically for Sun teams upon Mega Evolution, or as a general anti-weather option. It is gifted with the amazing Weather Ball and Solar Beam to make use of Sun already, but obviously it needs a couple of extra Fire moves to give it some general offensive groundwork, which it now has! Mega Gigalith is absolutely nuclear, and a reliable wallbreaker for Sun teams that also provides valuable support toward maintaining the offensive momentum that Sun teams need to stay intact. It can also work wonders on its own too, since it can capitalize on its own Sun for breaking purposes. I minmaxed here simply to shift it from being more Physically oriented to Specially oriented.

Dazzling Gleam is a light based attack, which I felt was fitting, while letting Gigalith more reliably hit Dragon-types. Flash is for flavor.

Flavor: Mega Gigalith becomes gigantic, but more prominently, its red crystals become much more pronounced and optimized for reflecting and absorbing solar energy, glowing with a bright energy. It exudes explosive energy just sitting there.

Dex Entry: Mega Gigalith's crystals are able to refract and weaponize the light that it comes in contact with. It is said that Mega Gigalith was used by prominent trainers to combat natural disasters with its unique, weather-defining attributes, and to help guide and protect ships in torrential storms with its bright crystals.
Sun Wallbreaker

Gigalith-Mega @ Gigalithite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Weather Ball
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Dazzling Gleam / Power Gem

Offensive Stealth Rock

Gigalith-Mega @ Gigalithite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Weather Ball
- Solar Beam
- Dazzling Gleam / Power Gem
:bw/gigalith: Mega Gigalith

Type View attachment 278569
Ability Rugged (Clone of Gooey) Lowers opponent's Defense by 1 if hit by a contact/physical move.
Mega Stone Name Gigalite
Stats
85 → 85
135 → 155 (+20)
130 → 170 (+40)
60 → 60
80 → 110 (+30)
25 → 25

New Moves Shore Up, Bulk Up

Design Description Gigalith's entire face gets recovered with red crystals, almost similar to a knight. They also get noticably spikier and taller. The ability Rugged comes from these spikes, making anything that comes into touch with it punishable. Finally, Mega Gigalith is more bulkier and fearsome, given its increased bulk and Attack.

Competitive Description Gigalith's absurd Defense stat and good HP stat allow it to check numerous physical attackers, while dishing out strong attacks overtime. Its special bulk is also a good trait, although less bulkier than Tyranitar due to the lack of Sand Stream, since it can still check the likes of Volcarona, Togekiss, and Heatran. Shore Up provides useful recovery and ensures that Mega Gigalith isn't completely worn down by powerful attacks. Its pure Rock-typing also limits it, because it is much more vulnerable to almost any attacker in the game. Despite this, it can boost its already high physical bulk throughout Iron Defense, but you can opt for Bulk Up if you want other attacks to hit harder.

Sample Sets
Gigalith @ Gigalite
Ability: Rugged
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Stone Edge
- Body Press
- Shore Up

This is the main set and in my opinion, the most effective one. Safely switch-in on a physical attacker, use Iron Defense, and start dominating the opposing team mid- or late-game.
Gigalith @ Gigalite
Ability: Rugged
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge / Rock Blast
- Body Press
- Shore Up

This set can provide valuable utility to its team by using Stealth Rock. Its main niches over Tyranitar as a setter are higher physical bulk, reliable recovery, and different typing - at the cost of risking a Mega Evolution.
Mega Gigalith

Ability:
Sturdy/Sand Stream/Sand Force -> Prism Armor
Typing:
Rock

Stats:
Atk: 135 -> 155 (+20)
Def:
130 -> 140 (+10)
SpA: 60 -> 95 (+35)
SpD: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Spe: 25 -> 40 (+15)

New Moves: None

Flavour: Gigalith's gems grow to large sizes and become more prism shaped; they cover most of its body, gleaming rainbow. Its body gains more prisms with some ones poking out from its body. The rainbow colour comes from light being refracted through a prism. The idea is that all the light it drew in from the sun bursts out as it mega evolves.

Competitive: Mega Gigalith has very high potential due to its absolutely insane bulk (check calcs), and is able to set up curses and start dealing ridiculous damage thanks to presumably stone edge along with its base 155 atk. CurseTalk sets have a certain edge over others because Rest allows it to actually have recovery and also ignore status. It also has a bit of coverage possible to utilise in EQ, Iron Head and Superpower, although a lot of sets would almost entirely rely on Stone Edge/other rock move for damage (non CurseTalk sets will want Stealth Rock which gives it even less slots to fit attacking moves).

Calcs:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magearna Fleur Cannon
vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gigalith in Sand: 169-199 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 32.4% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magearna Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Prism Armor Gigalith in Sand: 154-184 (41.1 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
232 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Prism Armor Gigalith: 195-231 (52.1 - 61.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Strong Jaw Dracovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Prism Armor Gigalith: 361-427 (96.5 - 114.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch
vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Prism Armor Gigalith: 267-316 (71.3 - 84.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 200 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Prism Armor Gigalith in Sand: 202-238 (54 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Swampert-Mega Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Prism Armor Gigalith in Rain: 244-289 (65.2 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Prism Armor Gigalith: 157-186 (41.9 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Prism Armor Gigalith: 184-217 (49.1 - 58%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Prism Armor Gigalith in Sand: 163-195 (43.5 - 52.1%) -- 14.8% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump
vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Prism Armor Gigalith in Sand: 217-258 (58 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade
vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Prism Armor Gigalith: 211-249 (56.4 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Gigalith Stone Edge
vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 139-165 (35.2 - 41.8%) -- 83.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 0 Atk Gigalith Stone Edge
vs. 0 HP / 68 Def Landorus-Therian: 106-126 (33.2 - 39.4%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO
Mega Gigalith
New Ability: Sturdy/Sand Stream/Sand Force --> Solar Core (When in sunlight, all of this Pokemon's moves that require a charging turn go off instantly.)
New Type:
Rock (unchanged)

New Stats: 85/135/160/100/110/25
ATK: 135
DEF: 130 --> 160 (+30)
SPA:
60 --> 100 (+40)
SPD:
80 --> 110 (+30)
SPE:

New Moves: Skull Bash, Synthesis, Sunny Day
Sunny Day is an option that I doubt it would run, but it feels really weird having it not be in the moveset. Mostly for flavor but could be useful on certain builds

Description:
Meteor Beam Time Let's GO
The spA is nothing special, but it, it kind of needs to be that low to not be completely busted with four-to-seven turns of Instant Mbeam, haha, like i mean...

+1 252+ SpA Gigalith Meteor Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 270-318 (66.8 - 78.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ SpA Gigalith Meteor Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 358-423 (88.6 - 104.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

+3 252+ SpA Gigalith Meteor Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 448-528 (110.8 - 130.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
... it kinda snowballs preeeetty quickly! :'D

It's still real slow, of course-- but its monstrous defenses ensure that it's gonna be able to boost pretty much no matter what. And depending on how long it manages to stay in, thanks to the boosting effects of Meteor Beam and Skull Bash it gets to keep hitting really hard with its normal attacking moves.

Insta-Skull Bash also synergizes well with Body Press if it wants to run that, along with the new chunk of Defense it gets -- that in combination with Weather Ball if Sun is still up should be enough to keep it getting walled by Steel-types (though admittedly I don't see Steel-types being much of a problem for a Sun team anyway).
Mega Gigalith
Type:
Rock
Ability: Drought
Stats:
HP: 85​
Att: 95 (-40)​
Def: 130​
SpA: 170 (+110)​
SpD: 110 (+30)​
Spe: 25​

I know I lowered an offensive stat. Hear me out. Much like Mega Diancie or my old Mega Cinderace submission, this is a role reversal. If you were to swap the Attack and Special Attack of Mega Gigalith, you'll find that they're both just +35 from their original values (135->170, 60->95). So there's no cheating the system to get free stat points here.

Anyway, Mega Gigalith makes for an interesting special attacker. Its primary STAB of Power Gem isn't all that impressive at 80 base power, but it's got some nice coverage in Earth Power, Solar Beam, and Weather Ball (if only Meteor Beam's charge turn could be skipped without a Power Herb). It can also use its titanic Defense or still-decent Attack to muscle past premier special wall Blissey with Body Press or Superpower (both will require some investment to deal more than 50%).

Since it has Sand Stream as a starting ability, Mega Gigalith can play an interesting role on sun teams as a secondary setter. If sun is still up but is just about to run out, Gigalith can clear it away with Sand Stream before refreshing it with Drought. It's the Tyranitar + Mega Charizard Y combo but in a single Pokemon.

In terms of flavor, Mega Gigalith has built up more solar energy than it can contain, so the energy radiates from it constantly (it's a better explanation than most weather setters get). Its head and torso now point forward instead of up, and energy glows from inside its mouth, making it resemble a laser cannon that's about to fire.
I can't quote attachments or quotes, so sorry that this one is kind of incomplete. You can check the original here!

Typing: Rock

New Ability: Winds of Ruin: (Desolate Land clone with sandstorm. Activates Harsh Sandstorm that stays until this ability is not in play. Harsh Sandstorm = normal sandstorm, but Special Defense of Rock-types is multiplied by 2 instead of 1.5.)

New move: Shore Up

Stats:
HP 85 - - > 85 (unchanged)
Atk: 135 - - >150 (+15)
Def: 130 - - >140 (+10)
SpA: 60 - - >100 (+40)
SpD: 80 - - >115 (+35)
Spe: 25 - - > 25 (unchanged)
BST: 515 - - >615 (+100)

Ok I take it back, Reuniclus is fine, this thing is terrifying. I think Shore Up combined with this thing’s monstrous defenses might be a bit too much.
Taking inspiration from its base form’s Sand Stream, I decided to upgrade it and create Winds of Ruin. I’ve had the name floating around my head for a while and I wanted to use it on something, and winds are what cause sandstorms, so I thought it was a fitting place for the name. So Desolate Land/Primordial Sea Are interesting, right? They’re basically just Drought and Drizzle but with one of the effects amplified: the reduced power of specific move types escalates to completely stopping those types of moves.
So we thought it could do that with sandstorm: amplify the effect of Rock-Types having their SpD multiplied by 1.5 in a sandstorm. So, we made it increase SpD by 2x instead of 1.5x. The result seems to be an immovable wall made of a bad defensive type, but probably still pretty tough! With Shore Up, it can pull off a huge heal whenever it wants, and it has access to Iron Defense, which can even out its defenses (not that it needs higher defenses) and boost its Body Press. Plus its Atk buff makes it hit even harder… this whole thing might need to be toned down just a bit.
In summary, Mega Gigalith is an incredibly strong wall with access to big healing, and hits hard, but is still very slow.
New Ability
: Solid Rock
Type: Rock

New stats:
HP: 85 -> 85
Attack: 135 -> 155 (+20)
Defense: 130 -> 165 (+35)
Special Attack: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Special Defense: 80 -> 115 (+35)
Speed: 25 -> 25
BST: 515 -> 615

New moves: Shore Up
Description: Huge bulk, new move in Shore Up, and a useful ability makes Mega Gigalith a good Curse sweeper. Solid Rock makes it hard to take down even with super effective moves, especially with the initial Sand Stream SpD boost. 155 Attack allows it to hit deceptively hard for a seemingly defensive Pokemon. It can also be run as an offensive pivot/tank thanks to its tanking capabilities.
Gigalith-Mega
Stone Name: Gigalite
Abilities: Sturdy/Sand Stream/Sand Force->Shuddering Stones (Cold Sweat clone, but sets Sand initially and sets Sun if the opponent has a super-effective or OHKO move)
Attack: 135->180 (+45)
Defense: 130->155 (+25)
Special Attack: 60 (+0)
Special Defense: 80->110 (+30)
Total: 515->615 (+100)
New moves: Sunny Day (100% flavor), Weather Ball (also 100% flavor), one or two of Fire Lash/Flare Blitz/Sizzly Slide/Heat Crash (currently leaning toward Heat Crash+Sizzly Slide), Shore Up, and Diamond Storm.

Acting as a counterpart to Mega Vanilluxe, Gigalith-Mega aims to also be a hybridized weather setter while improving on its role as a wall quite well.
New Ability
: Overgrow
Type: Rock/Grass

New stats: 85/155/150/70/130/25
Attack: 155 (+20)
Defense: 150 (+20)
Special Attack: 70 (+10)
Special Defense: 130 (+50)
(BST) 515 --> 615

New moves: Leech Seed, Power Whip, Ingrain, Growth
Description: With everyone going for sun-based gigaliths, I decided I needed to make mine different from the rest. As such, my mega-gigalith will be covered with vines, moss, mushrooms and other plants since plants often end up growing on nearby rocks. With all these plant-like things growing on it, it seemed obvious for its ability to be Overgrowth as well as making it learn growth. The other moves are there to give a stab and utility. As for the stat spread, it's nothing special, high spdef, a bit of attack and defense and some special attack since grass types use special attacks more. Gigalith actually keeps the sandstorm spdef boost when it mega evolves so it will be really hard to ohko with those massive defenses if sandstorm is up. I think it could be an interesting pokemon with an interesting typing.
New Stats:

:ss/Gigalith:
Mega Gigalith
Typing:
Rock ---> Rock/Fire
Ability: Sturdy/Sand Stream/Sand Force ---> Refraction (If sun is active, this Pokemon's moves cannot miss)
Stats:
HP:
Atk: 135 ---> 155 (+20)
Def: 130 ---> 130
SpA: 60 ---> 120 (+60)
SpD: 90 ---> 110 (+20)
Spe: 25 ---> 25
Added Moves: Fire Blast, Fire Punch, Flamethrower, Energy Ball
Description: Gigalith's Pokedex entry talks a lot about the sun, so I thought a Fire-typing would be fitting for it. I was thinking Gigalith having crystals on it, hence the ability. Competitively, Gigalith has an excellent offensive typing and can throw off 100% accurate Stone Edges and Fire Blasts under sun.
alright guys
so we have special attacking Gigalith
and we have beam Gigalith
and we have sun Gigalith
but do we have
fast Gigalith

New Ability
: Sturdy/Sand Stream/Sand Force -> Disintegration
(Mega Gigalith's Defense falls by one stage and its Speed rises by two stages each time it successfully executes a beam move.)
Type: Rock/Steel

New stats:
Attack: 135 -> 60 (switched with Special Attack)
Defense: 130
Special Attack: 60 -> 165 (switched with Attack, +30)
Special Defense: 80 -> 110 (+30)
Speed: 25 -> 65 (+40)

New moves: Steel Beam, Ice Beam
Description:
Disintegration was inspired by a neat Pokédex entry of Gigalith's:
When it fires off energy with all its might, the power creates countless fissures on its body.​
The imagery of Gigalith being slowly broken apart when firing the energy beam moves made me think of Weak Armor, so I decided to use a similar effect with a twist that would help Gigalith to take advantage of it, while also incentivizing one of my favorite moves in the game.

The main draw of this Mega is that, between its two turns, Meteor Beam essentially amounts to a special Shift Gear and a 120 BP STAB, at the cost that Gigalith suffers -1 Defense after setting up. Notably, its Speed tier lets it outrun base 100 Scarfers at +2.
It doesn't necessarily need to run any other beam moves, but Ice Beam is an interesting coverage option that interacts with its Ability, while Steel Beam is... ... well, I don't think anyone would use Steel Beam? But I want to be there to see it if they do!! For reference, Zacian and Zamazenta are Pokémon that have Steel-type forms but cannot be Steel-type outside of battle, and they are both compatible with the Steel Beam tutor, so there's precedent!

Sand Stream in its base form is not a necessity for it to function well - it's still a perfectly good sweeper after sand runs out - but, while temporary, the Special Defense boost is useful to ease setup when it first uses Meteor Beam. It also grants it the option to run Weather Ball over Power Gem as an immediate Rock STAB, although this is riskier, as it no longer serves that purpose after the sandstorm ends.

Mega Gigalith
New Ability
: Dazzling
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 135 -> 165 (+30)
Defense: 130 -> 160 (+30)
Special Attack: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Special Defense: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Speed: 25
(BST 615)
New moves: Accelerock, Rock Wrecker, Solar Blade
:sm/gigalith:

Typing:

Ability: Sand Force
Stats: 85 / 75 (-> SpA, +15) / 130 / 170 (-> Atk, +35) / 110 (+30) / 45 (+20)
New Moves: N/A
Deals a crap ton of damage with the combo of Sand Stream, Sand Force and a new STAB in Earth Power. Great user of rock polish and can play around some walls by using physical moves before mega-evolving.

Still a rock/ground type with 50 speed though. Even with rock polish, it can be outsped by scarfs and even by a timid Zeraora

Reuniclus
Psychic

Cell enforcer (all non stab moves deal 1.2 damage)
110, 65, 125, 135, 115, 40
nope
Comp: It becomes an incredibly good tank with high defensive stats, and the ability to outspeed other walls, but cell enforcer can be intresting to play with in offensive sets.
:reuniclus:
Mega Reuniclus
New Ability: Overcoat/Magic Guard/Regenerator ----> Iron Fist
New Typing:
Max Mindstorm - Psychic-type
/
Max Knuckle - Fighting-type

New Stats:
HP: 110 ----> 110
Attack: 65 ----> 125 (+60)
Defense: 75 ----> 80 (+5)
Special Attack: 125 ----> 140 (+15)
Special Defense: 85 ----> 105 (+20)
Speed: 30 ----> 30
Base Stat Total: ~ ----> ~
Description: Reuniclus's physical moveset is vast, but you've probably never seen it use it... Until now. As a trick room setter and sweeper, Hammer Arm is great, and being able to make use use of the elemental punches doesn't hurt either.

/

Ability: Neurotoxin (Every residual turn, the opponent has a 50% chance to be inflicted with poison unless they have a natural immunity to it, or already have a status.)

Atk: 105 (+35)
Def: 50 (-25)
SpA: 145 (+20)
SpD: 155 (+70)
Spe: 30
New Moves: Venoshock, Sludge Wave, Poison Jab

Reasoning:

It's said that drinking the liquid surrounding Reuniclus grants wisdom. Problem is, the liquid is highly toxic to anything besides Reuniclus itself.

Alright, so let's level: regular Reuniclus is crazy. Everyone is making some insanely awesome mixed attacking Reuniclus variants, though, and I don't want to cash in on that. So, instead, I thought it'd be fun to take a bit of a different approach to Reuniclus and make it a super cool status spreader and tank. Its ability allows for it to spread poison, which on its own is fantastic, being able to residually wear down a vast variety of targets while being able to sit in and either aid set up through making it so setting up doesn't render it passive, or assist its own allies in breaking through residual damage. The addition of Venoshock also gives it a bit of an immediate punch, while giving Reuniclus the ability to actually capitalize on the status it spreads with its unique ability. Sludge Wave and Poison Jab are also necessities to give its Poison-type a bit more weight.

Reuniclus's natural ability to sit in on its targets lets these 50% chances proc more often, too, especially with its mind boggling special bulk alongside Recover. It is a phenomenal Balance Mega that serves just as great as both a defensive pivot and status spreader, though at a cost of losing some physical bulk, as I fear this Mega Reuniclus would be outright broken otherwise.

Flavor: Mega Reuniclus dons purple overtones, its gel-like matrix is now filled with many branching veins, and thicker cell components. It almost somewhat resembles the Nirvana position.

Dex Entry: Mega Reuniclus's gel-like matrix is filled many enzymes that greatly intensify its psychic energy upon Mega Evolution, to the point of being poisonous. This energy is greatly toxic to the neural systems of Pokemon and humans around it, and is naturally emitted from its body. Although Mega energy gives it a greater impunity to incoming energy itself, its body is much more vulnerable to physical attacks.
:bw/reuniclus: Mega Reuniclus
Type View attachment 278584
Ability
Poison Heal
Mega Stone Name Reunite
Stats

110 → 110
65 → 65
75 → 105 (+30)
125 → 165 (+40)
85 → 115 (+30)
30 → 30

New Moves None

Design Description The "cell" inside Reuniclus's blob is now finally developed into a small child, which means it's more smarter and has full advantage of its body. The blob has expanded with its large feet, meaning that Reuniclus can now finally walk. It can also benefit from poison as stated by the Pokedex entry "It's said that drinking the liquid surrounding Reuniclus grants wisdom. Problem is, the liquid is highly toxic to anything besides Reuniclus itself."
Mega Reuniclus

Ability:
Overcoat/Magic Guard/Regenerator -> Miracle Lens (Scrappy Clone; this Pokémon's psychic type attacks can hit dark types, however, if it hits a dark type with a psychic type Haze is applied)

Stats:
Atk: 65 -> 105 (+40) I really don't want to just put 40 into the weaker offense simply because I made sure the other stats weren't broken but here we are
Def: 75 -> 85 (+10)
SpA: 125 -> 140 (+15)
SpD: 85 -> 110 (+25)
Spe: 30 -> 40 (+10) trust me this does something

BST: 490 -> 590 (+100)

New Moves: None

Flavour: Okay I have literally no idea with the design like idk maybe some third eye stuff? The name of the ability comes from Miracle Eye and Tinted Lens.

Competitive: Mega Reuniclus is an extremely threatening sweeper (as is regular reu), being able to set up Acid Armor and Calm Mind with... relatively little to stop it. Once set up, there's about what... one pokemon that takes a Stored Power (its an undead bug :/). However, each time you take out a dark type, you give your opponent another chance to knock you out before you set up again (and if they have another dark they get more chances). The 10 speed means Reu no longer has to run 44 speed evs to outrun pex. Its different to regular Reuniclus in that it can come in straight away and set up, which forces a ko (and if theres no dark types well...)

New ability: Barrier Gel: (Psychic-type Water Bubble clone: This Pokémon’s Psychic-type moves have 2x power, Poison-type moves deal halved damage to this Pokémon, this Pokémon is immune to being poisoned. This ability is affected by Corrosion, if that isn't hard to code)

New move: Dazzling Gleam

Stats:
Hp: 110 - - >110 (unchanged)
Atk: 65 - - >130 (+65)
Def: 75 - - >90 (+15)
SpA: 125 - - >130 (+5)
SpD: 85 - - >100 (+15)
Spe: 30 - - >30 (unchanged)
BST: 490 - - >590 (+100)

Uhh, I’m very scared of this thing, but Hematite said it was probably fine so I will keep it. Reuniclus’s Shield Pokédex says this:
It’s said that drinking the liquid surrounding Reuniclus grants wisdom. Problem is, the liquid is highly toxic to anything besides Reuniclus itself.
This dex description could suggest a lot of abilities, like Poison Point, Poison Touch, Poison Heal, Liquid Ooze, etc. But I decided to go with a Water Bubble clone that resists poison and is immune to poisoning.
What Barrier Gel does is allow Reuniclus’s attacking stats to stay lower so it can put more points in to other stats, while still hitting very hard - with only its Psychic moves. It allows Reuniclus to run more utility because its Psychic move Is so strong that it can ignore resistances and hit harder than neutral coverage moves. It can also threaten opponents with devastating Future Sights. I did buff it’s Atk considerably, to match its SpA, so that it can make use of its wide physical movepool. (I added Dazzling Gleam so it has a SpA option to hit Dark-Types super effectively without missing Focus Blast 30 times.)
In summary, Mega Reuniclus can run less coverage because its Psychic moves, even if resisted, can be more powerful than a neutral coverage move. It now can be a mixed attacker thanks to its Atk buffs and its already large set of physical moves. Its speed hasn’t been raised, so it is still a good trick room user, and it is immune to poisoning.
New Ability
: Toxic Blob: User's Bomb and Ball moves become Poison-type moves (similar to Liquid Voice)
Type: Psychic/Poison

New stats:
HP: 110 -> 110
Attack: 65 -> 145 (+80)
Defense: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Special Attack: 125 -> 125
Speed: 30 -> 10 (-20)
BST: 490 -> 590

New moves: Curse
Description: The power of Mega Evolution makes Reuniclus' liquid much more poisonous. It also grants its are much more smashing power. Poison-typing gives it Toxic immunity, a good compensation for the loss of Magic Guard. I decided to make Mega Reuniclus a physical attacker since it has a wide physical movepool and base Reuniclus is already good as a special attacker. Toxic Blob gives it a good movepool for its Poison STAB, though Gyro Ball its the best move in Mega Reuniclus' case. It loses a bit of coverage though, but that mostly applies on the special attacking side. Curse gives it the option to sweep which goes well with Recover and possibly Drain Punch. The lowered Speed makes Mega Reuniclus' Poison STAB Gyro Ball much more powerful and reliable. I wouldn't consider it "cheating" the stat boosts since I am primarily boosting its lower offensive stat (Attack) of previously 65 and I didn't lower its other offensive stat (Special Attack) so it needs as much boost as possible.
New Ability: Overcoat/Magic Guard/Regenerator -> Two-Minded
(When Mega Reuniclus's Attack is modified, its Special Attack is modified in the opposite way, and vice versa. The same is true for its Defense and Special Defense.)
Type: Psychic/Fighting

New Stats:
Attack: 65 -> 110 (+45)
Special Defense: 85
Speed: 30 -> 5 (-25)
(495 BST)

New moves: Psycho Boost, Photon Geyser
Description:
I JUST WANNA SAY
it is canon flavor
that sometimes, Reuniclus wants to ignore its psychic powers and just fistfight someone
While it could use its psychic abilities in battle, this Pokémon prefers to swing its powerful arms around to beat opponents into submission.​
so let's let it do that!!!
also, the main inspiration of the entire Solosis line is the endless cycle of cell division, so I like the idea of Mega Reuniclus once again having a duality theme after its base form became one

The gimmick of this Mega Reuniclus is that it specializes in the kinds of powerful moves that lower its own stats - most notably Psycho Boost and Superpower - and its Ability enables it to switch between its attacking specialties each time it uses one. When using Psycho Boost, because it suffers a debuff of -2 Special Attack, Two-Minded raises its Attack by two stages. Conversely, when using Superpower, it suffers -1 Attack and -1 Defense - but with Two-Minded, it also gets a Calm Mind boost at the same time.

It can also get away with going full physical and just using Psycho Boost as a sort of super-Swords Dance, with the more safely spammable Hammer Arm (this isn't affected by Two-Minded, but its Speed isn't getting any lower) and Photon Geyser as physical STABs and the option to run valuable moves like Knock Off or Recover as its fourth move for utility.

Photon Geyser is particularly neat with this Ability because - with Reuniclus constantly switching back and forth between attacking stats - it's really valuable to have a STAB of one type that it can use no matter what, rather than becoming excessively predictable ("you always use Fighting moves when your Attack is higher and Psychic moves when your Special Attack is higher") - another point in favor of physical sets, since it can have both of its STABs at once.

I dunno! I'm not as confident in this one, but I wanted to do something super weird with Reuniclus, and I like the idea of a gimmick like this that pushes it to switch up its moves often and rewards careful play and thinking ahead by letting it adapt to different opponents. I'm curious to see the creative ways people might use this!
:ss/reuniclus:

Mega Reuniclus
New Ability
: Energy Fist - "Punch" moves inflict damage based on Special Attack.
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 65
Speed: 30
(BST 590)
New moves: Mach Punch, Shadow Punch, Dynamic Punch
Description: perfect for TR sweeping, ability is inspired to Sylvemon's Ethereal Fists.
:Reuniclus:
Let's give this another go.
Reuniclus-Mega
Psychic-Electric
Abilities: Magic Guard/Overcoat/Regenerator->Telekinesis of Nobility (While this Pokemon is active, the effects of Magic Room are active and cannot be removed. When this Pokemon leaves the field, the effects of Magic Room disappear.)
HP: 110 (unchanged)
Attack: 65 (unchanged)
Defense: 75->75
Special Attack: 125->175 (+50)
Special Defense: 75 (-10)
Speed: 30->90 (+60)
New moves: Agility, Buzzy Buzz, Glare, Aura Sphere, Volt Switch, (Thunderbolt as a flavor pick as well)
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the most unexpected means of speed control you've ever seen. This build of Mega Reuniclus sacrifices a large amount of utility in losing Magic Guard, a small amount of Special bulk, and a small amount of power compared to Life Orb to become fast. But not fast in the traditional means, no. While possessing a solid enough speed tier of 90 and a means of boosting with Agility, where it really shines is in its ability: by negating all items including Leftovers, HDB, and especially Choice Scarf, Reuniclus is able to set up and bust holes in the opposing team. It also can pivot out with Volt Switch and spread paralysis, especially with its new STAB in Buzzy Buzz. It also matches up well against users of status by preventing their being statused and paralyzing them instead. Significantly frailer than standard Reuniclus at the cost of speed.

Boltund
Electric,
Fairy
Adrenaline (when koing another mon, gets an guaranteed crit on the next move)
66, 140, 60, 125, 60, 146
Pursuit
Comp: Boltund can be scary with its new fairy type, gaining an stab in play rough. its ability makes it easier to revenge kill intimidate mons with the crit, and its nice in general
:boltund:
Mega Boltund
New Ability: Strong Jaw/Competitive ----> Galvanize
New Typing: Electric

New Stats:

HP: 69 ----> 69
Attack: 90 ----> 150 (+60)
Defense: 60 ----> 60
Special Attack: 90 ----> 101 (+11)
Special Defense: 60 ----> 60
Speed: 121 ----> 150 (+29)
Base Stat Total: 490 ----> 590
New Moves: Volt Tackle
Description: You have access to bulk up and volt tackle. What do you think?

Ability: Top Dog (If the user uses a ballistic move, they will pivot out upon use.)

HP: 69
Atk: 115 (+25)
Def: 60
SpA: 115 (+25)
SpD: 60
Spe: 171 (+50)
New Moves: Focus Blast, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power

Reasoning:

I am all for crazy pivots, and on top of the fact that there's some lost flavor from Ball Fetch, there's the existence of Electro Ball, which not only acts as a Special Electric ballistic move, but can correspond well with Mega Boltund's mind boggling speed tier and a new ability that lets it act as a very good offensive pivot. With this flavor in mind, I thought it'd be super fun to have a crazy fast pivot while giving the metagame a very effective offensive pivot that can lay out the foe on the way out. I opted to give it Focus Blast and Shadow Ball as some extra coverage options, but more prominently, to give it a couple of extra ballistic moves to play around with. Lastly, I gave it Hidden Power, since it only has these 3 moves on the Special side. However, I gave it some mixed attacking potential so it could also run its pretty solid physical coverage as well, while not making its pivoting moves absurd to play around.

Obviously, the biggest weaknesses of Mega Boltund come in its horrible defenses, meh attacking power, and lack of longevity due to its proneness to hazards. Wearing it down is not hard whatsoever, but it is very good at revenge killing many slower Scarf users, and revenge killing outright while keeping the momentum on the user's side. It also just underspeeds Mega Pult, but that is very intentional, as this amount of speed just barely forces it to actually run speed if it doesn't want to get battered by Boltund with Shadow Ball.

Flavor: Its hound appearance becomes much more apparent. It grows a sterner, more serious expression with longer, more upright ears, sharper patterns, and a more stiff tail. It's based heavily upon the dog athletes you see on TV, explaining its blitzing speed.

Dex Entry: It is extremely loyal to its trainer; with mega energy running through it, its conviction, drive, and loyalty increase drastically. Although it is not extremely strong in comparison to other mega evolutions, Mega Boltund uses its blinding speed to overwhelm its foes.
Offensive Pivot

Boltund-Mega @ Boltundite
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Electro Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast / Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Fire / Thunderbolt
Mega Boltund

Ability:
Strong Jaw/Competitive -> Precision (Technician Clone; all moves with 60 base power or under have their power doubled)
Typing: Electric/Fire

Stats:
HP: 69
Atk: 90 -> 125 (+35)
Def: 60 -> 70 (+10)
SpA: 90 -> 120 (+30)
SpD: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Spe: 121 -> 146 (+25)

BST: 490 -> 590 (+100)

New Moves: Quick Attack, Hidden Power, Flamethrower, Flare Blitz

Flavour: Mega Boltund's body has red streaks, and the ears are longer with flame like fur rising from them. Its feet become a bit more sharp, while the darker parts of fur on its body gain more crimson like tufts. Its appearance looks more rugged and its sprite would be more in a position where it looks angry-ish.

Competitive: Mega Boltund has a wide array of moves to choose from which are boosted by Precision (list at the bottom, ones in italic are unviable), meaning its often hard to play against - especially considering that you always have to fear a super-effective-120 BP Hidden Power coming your way. Its speed tier in base 146 means that it outspeeds everything not named Dragapult-Mega or certain scarfers (not Dracovish though :) ) which allows it to threaten them with its base 100 power Flame Charge (after Flame Charge it outspeeds most chlorophyllers and swift swimmers along with every scarfer and mega pult), a 120 bp HP Electric, or one of its many coverage moves. Defensively, its stats are pretty poor and its defensive typing leaves it with a stealth rock weakness along with a 4x weakness to ground.

Calcs:
252 Atk Boltund Bite vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 278-328 (73.3 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Mega Dragapult)
4 SpA Boltund Hidden Power Electric vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Corviknight: 288-342 (72.1 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Mega Corviknight)
252 Atk Boltund Flame Charge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rillaboom: 348-410 (102 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Normal Rillaboom)
252 Atk Boltund Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rillaboom: 350-414 (102.6 - 121.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Mega Rillaboom)

Bite, Nuzzle, Round, Snarl, Flame Charge, Snore, Swift, Tackle, Quick Attack, Hidden Power

Typing: Electric

New Ability: Galvanize

New moves: Extreme Speed, Return

Stats:
HP: 69 - - >69 (unchanged)
Atk: 90 - - >125 (+35)
Def: 60 - - >80 (+20)
SpA: 90 - - > 95 (+5)
SpD: 60 - - >90 (+ 30)
Spe: 121 - - >131 (+10)
BST: 490 - - > 590 (+100)

So both of Boltund’s dex entries describe how it uses electricity to run very fast:

Sword: This Pokémon generates electricity and channels it into its legs to keep them going strong. Boltund can run nonstop for three full days.

Shield: It sends electricity through its legs to boost their strength. Running at top speed, it easily breaks 50 mph.

So, I thought that Extreme Speed would be appropriate, since it, you know, supposedly runs very fast. And the dex entries also say that it uses electricity to run fast, so Galvanize-boosted Extreme Speed sort of makes sense?
Anyway, Galvanize lets it run a strong STAB priority, and basically turns Double-Edge into Volt Tackle if it wants a more powerful option. (minus the 10% paralysis chance that Volt Tackle has but when does that ever happen) I also gave it Return, for a slightly less powerful but recoil-free alternative to Double-Edge. (Plus, Boltund is a dog, and dogs are known for being very friendly, so Return feels right.)
In summary, Mega Boltund can provide strong priority spam and also has access to Bulk Up, and some coverage moves like Crunch and Play Rough. It can also have a stronger STAB option with Double-Edge or Return if it needs to.
New Ability
: Competitive
Type: Electric

New stats:
HP: 69 -> 69
Attack: 90 -> 90
Defense: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Special Attack: 90 -> 150 (+60)
Special Defense: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Speed: 121 -> 131 (+10)
BST:

New moves: Energy Ball, Burning Jealousy (+Hidden Power)
Description: I feel like Competitive Boltund has untapped potential but mostly goes unexplored due to its shallow special movepool. Its typing makes it a natural check to OU's premier defoggers Corviknight, Tapu Fini, and Zapdos. It can switch onto them to get a Competitive boost and proceed to sweep things. It can also check other threats in OU such as Toxapex and Greninja. Because of it's shallow movepool, I added some coverage for it to get through some of its checks. Energy Ball targets Ground-types such as Hippowdon while Burning Jealousy (gets flavor from Competitive) can be used to hit Pokemon like Excadrill. Hidden Power Ice allows it to punish Landorus-T.
:Boltund:
Boltund-Mega
Electric->Electric/Dark
Strong Jaw/Competitive->Decelerate (Lowers speed and raises Attack at the end of every turn)
Attack: 90->140 (+50)
Defense: 60->55 (-5)
Special Attack: 90->90 (+0)
Special Defense: 60->55 (-5)
Speed: 121->181 (+60)
New moves: Knock Off, Volt Tackle, Sucker Punch, Quick Attack (if it didn’t have it already), Parting Shot
Remember this? Same concept but frailer and faster.
New Ability

(BST) 490 --> 590

New moves: Plasma Fists, Knock Off, Close Combat, Parting Shot
Description: Mega-Boltund would look like a werewolf which is the main inspiration for the dark typing. Since werewolves also stand up and can use their fists, I decided to give it better physical moves in plasma fists, knock off and close combat. If you see a big wolf standing up on two legs, you'd obviously be super scared so I decided intimidate was the best ability it could have. Obviously, werewolves are very strong so Mega-Boltund's attack stat will be very high. While 170 attack and 131 speed with great coverage is scary, no item or damage boosting abilities should make it not too hard to handle. I think it will be very good as a fast and strong attacker with volt switch and parting shot to pivot.
Boltund-Mega
Electric->Electric/Fairy
Strong Jaw/Competitive-> Pixilate
Attack: 90->130 (+40)
Defense: 60->70 (+10)
Special Attack: 90->100 (+10)
Special Defense: 60->70 (+10)
Speed: 121->151 (+30)

New moves: Bolt Strike, Return, Extreme Speed, U-Turn
Description:
With 252+ speed, Mega Boltund is the 2nd fastest pokemon in the metagame, under Mega Pult, (And teeeechinicaly Ninjask).
The favorable type combination allows it to outspeed and have good odds of killing a large amount of our fast offensive mega pokemon such as:
Mega Butterfree (If it doesn't have a QD up)
Mega Raichu
Mega Vaporeon
Mega Dragonite
Mega Hydreigon
Mega Toucannon
Mega Kommo
Mega Intelleon
Mega Corv
Mega Thievul

Mega Aerodactyl
Mega Gallade
Mega Lopunny
Mega Medicham
Mega Pinsir

Boltund acts as a literal glass cannon, carving itself a niche as being the only fairy type pokemon over 130 speed.
Bolt Strike is so mega boltund can get a reliable electric stab (Could be nerfed honestly if it's too powerful), while pixilate allows it to dish out powerful returns as well as a high priority move. It's new addition in U-Turn also allows it to safely pivot out on ground types that it has trouble beating. Mega Boltund's main weaknesses are the inability to break through common bulky ground and grass types, as well as being somewhat weak to priority (In the case where you don't run Extreme Speed), not to mention the inabilty to run heavy-duty-boots like a pivoting zeraora coud. While it can try to setup with Bulk Up, it's much too frail to benefit off of the Defense Boosts and would rather be a fast pivoter anyways.
:ss/Boltund:
Mega Boltund
Typing:
Electric ---> Electric/Ice
Ability: Strong Jaw/Competitive ---> Slush Rush
Stats:
HP:
69 ---> 69
Atk: 90 ---> 135 (+45)
Def: 60 ---> 60
SpA: 90 ---> 120 (+25)
SpD: 60 ---> 60
Spe: 121 ---> 151 (+30)
Added Moves: Ice Fang, Ice Beam, Blizzard
Description: Based off of huskies and sled racing. Competitively, Mega Boltund is a relatively standard weather sweeper, now getting STAB BoltBeam and the stats to pull off a Physical or Special set.
AllTerrainVen0moth's Gigalith was excluded on the basis that its Ability had too many effects and its power level was too high, but it can be added back if you nerf it before voting closes!
please yell at me if I messed anything up and/or missed anyone! I will fix it right away!
Edit: aaaaa I'm sorry!!! BotwNerd745's Boltund was buried inside the spoiler for IsoCon's instead of being on the same level as the others! I've fixed that now! ;-;

As usual, voting will last for 48 hours! That should give you plenty of time to decide on a vote - and also to start planning for the next slate!
The poll has also concluded, and we can now announce that slate 13 will be for :luxray: Mega Luxray, :archeops: Mega Archeops and :talonflame: Mega Talonflame!
To keep the thread organized, I ask that you refrain from posting your submissions here until the submission phase begins, but remember that the Discord is always a fantastic place to discuss ideas and get feedback on your submissions even before the slate opens!

That said, there's one other big announcement to make!

pult banner-big.png

This fantastic banner is by inkbug!

Mega Dragapult is being suspect tested, and in the process, we'll also be having the first tournament of Megas for All version 7!
Among players so far, it is already unanimous that Mega Dragapult needs to be nerfed in some way, but the tour will be used to gather high-quality experience and replays so we can determine the best way to go about this.
The current stats of Mega Dragapult can be seen below:
1601648090683.png

In addition, Ausma has kindly written an explanation of Mega Dragapult's hold on the metagame so far:
Ever since Mega Dragapult was implemented into the metagame, it has been a constant, centralizing force that has greatly constrained teambuilding as well as being difficult to play against in execution.

There are several reasons for this. First are its stats and typing: not only does it boast fairly respectable bulk alongside a solid defensive typing of Dragon/Ghost, but it is also blessed with great offenses, which its type also complements.
Most prominent of these stats, though, is its entirely unmatched speed tier of 172, which blitzes past the entirety of the metagame. In practice, this means that it is able to get away with very little speed investment to outspeed most if not all viable Pokemon. When considering its very solid offensive stats, coverage, and utility options, this grows to be a gigantic issue, as it can viably run many different kinds of effective, versatile EV spreads. It is able to run a bulky Dragon Dance set, Hex attacker, or even an offensive pivot all to great success while bearing different checks and counters. In practice, this means the only true counter to Dragapult is Tapu Fini, which lacks recovery and is very prone to hazard damage, all while being perfect U-turn bait for non-setup Dragapult variants.

Furthermore, its ability, Trace, is a fairly solid one. Not only does it have a great pre-mega ability in Clear Body, making it so it is impervious to Intimidate and Sticky Web, but Trace gives Mega Dragapult access to some very valuable abilities in many matchups: Libero, Soul Heart, and Regenerator are the most notable of these, all of which only intensify its power level on the battlefield, and all the while, it has U-turn to escape the matchups it loses out on with certain sets. It will almost always be able to take advantage of some kind of useful ability in a given match, thanks to its unmatched set versatility.

However, while these traits make Dragapult on its own very strong, it has also been given longevity in the form of Recover, which single-handedly makes it the best Pokemon in the metagame. Recover, in tandem with Dragapult’s amazing stats, coverage and typing, enhances Dragapult's set variety to a game-breaking degree. Recover allows for Bulky Dragon Dance and utility attacking variants to last much longer and perform to a more extreme extent, but more interestingly, it also facilitates Dragapult’s best set: its Sub + Curse variant. With its great speed and ability to spec into bulk, Dragapult’s HP loss from Curse is negligible and allows for it to pummel Balance, Semi-stall, and Stall cores to a phenomenal effect, while being difficult to revenge kill outside of priority users, which struggle to KO it anyway with Dragapult’s ability to spec into bulk and its resistance to most priority options. Even among priority options, Sucker Punch is incredibly unreliable against Sub + Curse, and Ice Shard is only truly viable on Mega Inteleon, Mamoswine, and Weavile.
Most importantly, though, this means wearing down Dragapult is immensely hard without dedicated checks and counters, to the point that players have been speculating on making dedicated answers to Mega Dragapult in future slates.
Unfortunately, we can't announce a specific time for the tournament until the latest patch has gone through, but we thought it would be best to announce it as soon as possible. You are encouraged to begin teambuilding in advance so you can be prepared - in addition to being our first suspect test, it's also our first tour at all, and we hope everyone can have fun with it! There is no obligation to use Dragapult in the tour - all teams are welcome!
For the duration of the suspect tour itself, Mega Dragapult will be fully legal with no changes; we will use the results of this tour to settle on an ideal course of action, and then we expect to run a second tour in the days after those changes have been implemented to see whether the result has been nerfed sufficiently.

Last edited:
Bolt: m24, me, ausma
Giga: scarf, me, botw
Reuni: ausma, me, bit
i swapped mossy for m24 since we need an pult awnser, and pixilate speed is one of the best ways.

Last edited:
Gigalith: DrPumpkinz, Hematite, Ausma
Reuniclus: Ausma, Hematite, Stitch98
Boltund: MegaFlareon, Ausma, IsoCon

love this slate, I know I didn't submit, hopefully I can come up with some unique ideas for next slate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)