Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

:gigalith: Mega Gigalith: inkbug, Ausma, kakaks
:reuniclus: Mega Reuniclus: BotwNerd745, MegaFlareon, RottenInfernape
:boltund: Mega Boltund: Mossy Sandwich, Ausma, kakaks

I mmmight come back and edit this later - it's been so hard to narrow it down for this slate! But I think these are probably my top picks?
I would be so happy with so many others winning, too, though! ;-; It's really a struggle to decide this time, haha.

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Gigalith: inkbug, Hematite, Mossy Sandwich
Reuniclus: Hematite, Bitbitio, BotwNerd745
Boltund: zxgzxg, Mossy Sandwich, MegaFlareon

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
hardest voting slate of my life. oh my god guys keep it up
Gigalith; Ausma, Kakaks, Mossy Sandwich
Boltund; Kakaks, Ausma, zxgzxg i dont normally do honorary mentions but the competition on this one was SO TIGHT FOR ME shouts out to bitbitio and mossy sandwich ;_;
Reuniclus; Botwnerd, Hematite, Ausma

Last edited:
Hey, everyone!!! I just thought I'd post this update in the thread!
Megas for All v7 is now playable through slate 11! For real this time!!
The following Mega Evolutions do not work quite as intended:

- :butterfree: Mega Butterfree's Dust Scatter mostly works, but Stun Spore and Poison Powder still don't bypass immunities to paralysis and poison. However, these two moves seem mostly irrelevant to viable Mega Butterfree sets, and all other powder moves still work on Grass-types, Overcoat users and Safety Goggles users, so that's a start! It also does not cause any crashes any more and can be used safely. C:

- :bisharp: Mega Bisharp's Executioner partly works, but I made a really stupid typo in the code and it activates at the wrong amount of HP. @.@ Physical moves will only be boosted against targets with 1/3 HP or less instead of 1/2, while special moves are boosted correctly which is useless for Bisharp. I'm really sorry about this!! This is the easiest fix of all of these bugs - I can't believe it wasn't right to begin with. OTL

- :chandelure: Mega Chandelure's Nightmare Heart does have the correct effects on activation (cursing the attacker and overwriting its Ability), but it does not yet replace the afflicted Pokémon's Ability for the duration of the match, only until it switches out. This is an Ability that we knew would take a bit of iteration to get right when it was pitched, but we'll work on a fix and keep trying through future updates! (It also looks scary as heck in practice, even as it is now - I for one can't wait to see it at its full functionality!)

- :vanilluxe: Mega Vanilluxe's Cold Sweat is bugged but in like a really funny way (it also doesn't cause crashes so it's safe to use)
- you will get a LOT of messages about how frightened it is
- and it won't set hail any more
- but it does set rain at the right times!

- I will fix it I swear
- I'm sorry this Ability has taken so long to get right

- Vanilluxe and Bisharp are fixed! The patch actually went through last night, but I just noticed as much, tested them and can confirm! Vanilluxe still has somewhat silly messages - I can fix those easily with the next patch, haha. That said, this time, it actually functions exactly as it should, setting both rain and hail at the correct times!
- Edit 2: Followup: Vanilluxe is still bugged (in a different way), but we're getting there!!! It seems Cold Sweat now... also applies to opponents that are nervous about Vanilluxe... why are all of the bugs with this Ability so funny Anyway, I did fix this (again) - the patch just has to go through! we're getting closer every time I promise it'll work eventually

- October 4 2:25 AM edit: the Mega Stones for :dragonite: Mega Dragonite, :lycanroc-midnight: Mega Lycanroc (Midnight Form) and :lycanroc-dusk: Mega Lycanroc (Dusk Form) can currently all be removed by Knock Off, but only after their holders have Mega Evolved. These two Lycanroc forms can also enter battle already Mega Evolved, bypassing the one-per-team limit for Mega Evolutions. The cause for both of these bugs been found and is also addressed in the currently-pending patch.

- October 4 6:50 PM edit: the latest patch will also address a newly discovered bug with Tempestuous that causes the Charge boost to persist for one turn longer than intended. It also will include slate 12! All of this is ready to go and just waiting for the patch to be approved. C:

That said, every Mega Evolution is functional except for these slight bugs, and most importantly, there are no known crashes any more! Sorry for the inconvenience of these four not working quite as planned, but we're getting there, slowly but surely!! And all 32 Mega Evolutions are playable, which I think is an accomplishment in its own right!!
You may also happen to notice a cool secret if you pay attention to the teambuilder! This is not going to be a main feature of the mod and won't be receiving direct support from future updates, but it should function just fine - it'll likely come up in future tours as well, and you can use the command /challenge on Dragon Heaven to try it out yourself now!

Last edited:
Gigalith: DrPumpkinz, Mossy Sandswich, kakaks
Reuniclus: Stitch98, ChoiceScarfed, Hematite
Boltund: zxgzxg, MegaFlareon, IsoCon

:gigalith:Diamondhead: inkbug, DrPumpkinz, IsoCon

:reuniclus:Poxy (222): Ausma, Stitch98 (what a fitting username), Hematite

:boltund:Air Bud: kakaks, BotwNerd745, Mossy Sandwich

Hey, guys!! Update time:

- The date for the Mega Dragapult suspect tour has been decided!! It will take place on Dragon Heaven on Sunday, October 4, beginning at 20:00 GMT (that means 23 hours and 45 minutes from this post!). If you can't make it, there will likely be another tour in the near future testing out the nerfed Dragapult, so you'll have another chance to try out the format in a tournament setting! Apologies for the short notice on this one - we are hosting the tour during the weekend so more people are free, but we would prefer not to put it off for another week.
Dragapult and Recover will both be allowed, and spectating others' games during the tournament is not permitted, as that would give an unfair advantage in the form of scouting. However, we will be reviewing all of the replays after the tour ends (of course! this tour is for research purposes, after all), so don't worry about missing your chance to see the action!
With that in mind, please make sure either you or your opponent saves the replay of every battle!
Depending on participant turnout, the format will be either round robin-style (meaning that every participant will fight every other participant) or double elimination-style (meaning that every participant will fight in a tournament bracket until they have lost twice). The goal is to maximize the number of fights (and the amount of data we can collect) without pushing us to spend an unreasonable amount of time in one sitting.

- In case you missed the edit to my last post, :bisharp: Mega Bisharp's Executioner is fully working now!
- :vanilluxe: Mega Vanilluxe's Cold Sweat is also partly fixed! There's a slight issue with Cold Sweat makes it also activate under, uh, slightly unexpected circumstances so we knew Vanilluxe was afraid of other Pokémon but now some of them are also afraid of it, but Vanilluxe itself can set hail or rain on entry as it should! I fixed this one, too, and now it should work normally, messages and all - the next patch just has to go through! (again)
- Still working on making Dust Scatter apply to Stun Spore on Electric-types and Poison Powder against Poison- and Steel-types and on making Nightmare Heart persist through switching, but those two are still playable in their current form, and there are some really cool replays on the Discord showing how both of them work as they are!

- Also a reminder that voting will close tomorrow at 3:00 GMT (48 hours from the start of the voting phase), and then the winners will be added to Dragon Heaven and we'll begin slate 13! As previously announced, slate 13 will be :luxray: Mega Luxray, :archeops: Mega Archeops and :talonflame: Mega Talonflame, and the Discord is always a great place to ask for feedback on your ideas if you want to discuss before the submission phase starts!

EDIT: the Dragapult suspect tour has been moved back two hours to 20:00 GMT, or just under 24 hours after this post was first made! I apologize for the sudden change.

Last edited:
Hey, guys!! Update time:

- The date for the Mega Dragapult suspect tour has been decided!! It will take place on Dragon Heaven on Sunday, October 4, beginning at 20:00 GMT (that means 23 hours and 45 minutes from this post!). If you can't make it, there will likely be another tour in the near future testing out the nerfed Dragapult, so you'll have another chance to try out the format in a tournament setting! Apologies for the short notice on this one - we are hosting the tour during the weekend so more people are free, but we would prefer not to put it off for another week.
Dragapult and Recover will both be allowed, and spectating others' games during the tournament is not permitted, as that would give an unfair advantage in the form of scouting. However, we will be reviewing all of the replays after the tour ends (of course! this tour is for research purposes, after all), so don't worry about missing your chance to see the action!
With that in mind, please make sure either you or your opponent saves the replay of every battle!
Depending on participant turnout, the format will be either round robin-style (meaning that every participant will fight every other participant) or double elimination-style (meaning that every participant will fight in a tournament bracket until they have lost twice). The goal is to maximize the number of fights (and the amount of data we can collect) without pushing us to spend an unreasonable amount of time in one sitting.

- In case you missed the edit to my last post, :bisharp: Mega Bisharp's Executioner is fully working now!
- :vanilluxe: Mega Vanilluxe's Cold Sweat is also partly fixed! There's a slight issue with Cold Sweat makes it also activate under, uh, slightly unexpected circumstances so we knew Vanilluxe was afraid of other Pokémon but now some of them are also afraid of it, but Vanilluxe itself can set hail or rain on entry as it should! I fixed this one, too, and now it should work normally, messages and all - the next patch just has to go through! (again)
- Still working on making Dust Scatter apply to Stun Spore on Electric-types and Poison Powder against Poison- and Steel-types and on making Nightmare Heart persist through switching, but those two are still playable in their current form, and there are some really cool replays on the Discord showing how both of them work as they are!

- Also a reminder that voting will close tomorrow at 3:00 GMT (48 hours from the start of the voting phase), and then the winners will be added to Dragon Heaven and we'll begin slate 13! As previously announced, slate 13 will be :luxray: Mega Luxray, :archeops: Mega Archeops and :talonflame: Mega Talonflame, and the Discord is always a great place to ask for feedback on your ideas if you want to discuss before the submission phase starts!

EDIT: the Dragapult suspect tour has been moved back two hours to 20:00 GMT, or just under 24 hours after this post was first made! I apologize for the sudden change.
What's the difference between a suspect tour and a suspect test?

What's the difference between a suspect tour and a suspect test?
Ah! I apologize for not seeing this sooner! It looks like zxgzxg answered you on the Discord, but it's probably a good idea to have an explanation in the thread as well.

To answer as directly as possible, the "suspect tour" is just a regular tournament! Really, a suspect tour is just a kind of suspect test, but it's a bit unlike the way that Smogon usually runs them.
There is no ladder, there won't be a vote at the end, and you do not need to qualify to earn the right to discuss Dragapult - it's a very casual setting compared to the suspect tests you might be used to seeing.
However, the goal is the same as any other suspect test: we'll be monitoring it and using what we see to learn about the state of the meta and decide how to handle a potentially broken Pokémon.

Mega Dragapult currently considered to be the strongest Pokémon in the meta by a longshot, and the people who want to win the tournament will most likely either be using it or preparing for it. That gives us a great opportunity to analyze the teams they build and the choices they make in battle (as well as which of these teams and strategies are effective and which are not), which will help us understand in depth how Dragapult is used and in what ways it warps the rest of the game around it.
For reference, Dragapult is not going to be banned, only nerfed - we're hoping that the battles here will shed light on what needs to be addressed and what to keep intact as we try to make it a better fit for the mod.

Since this is our first tour, it's our first chance to study the meta up close, so it's a really exciting opportunity if you're interested in that kind of thing - or just a good chance to show off how strong you are if not! XP
On a related note, we haven't really talked about the incentive to win! We'll actually be keeping a record in the first posts of the thread of the winners of all of the tours we host to commemorate their victories and decorating it with trophies like the one in inkbug's banner from the announcement post. It's a cool way to memorialize that you were the best player in the tournament, so we're hoping everyone will do their best!

inkbug

And the votes are in! :D

:Gigalith: Gigalith: inkbug !
:Gigalith:
Mega Gigalith
New Ability: Sturdy/Sand Stream/Sand Force --> Solar Core (When in sunlight, all of this Pokemon's moves that require a charging turn go off instantly.)
New Type:
Rock (unchanged)

New Stats: 85/135/160/100/110/25
HP: 85
ATK: 135
DEF: 130 --> 160 (+30)
SPA:
60 --> 100 (+40)
SPD:
80 --> 110 (+30)
SPE:

New Moves: Skull Bash, Synthesis, Sunny Day
Sunny Day is an option that I doubt it would run, but it feels really weird having it not be in the moveset. Mostly for flavor but could be useful on certain builds

Description:
Meteor Beam Time Let's GO
The spA is nothing special, but it, it kind of needs to be that low to not be completely busted with four-to-seven turns of Instant Mbeam, haha, like i mean...

+1 252+ SpA Gigalith Meteor Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 270-318 (66.8 - 78.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ SpA Gigalith Meteor Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 358-423 (88.6 - 104.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

+3 252+ SpA Gigalith Meteor Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 448-528 (110.8 - 130.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
... it kinda snowballs preeeetty quickly! :'D

It's still real slow, of course-- but its monstrous defenses ensure that it's gonna be able to boost pretty much no matter what. And depending on how long it manages to stay in, thanks to the boosting effects of Meteor Beam and Skull Bash it gets to keep hitting really hard with its normal attacking moves.

Insta-Skull Bash also synergizes well with Body Press if it wants to run that, along with the new chunk of Defense it gets -- that in combination with Weather Ball if Sun is still up should be enough to keep it getting walled by Steel-types (though admittedly I don't see Steel-types being much of a problem for a Sun team anyway).
:gigalith:kakaksChoice-ScarfedAusmaRotten-InfernapeIsoConinkbugDr-PumpkinzBotw-Nerd-745Mega-FlareonBitBitioMossy Sand-wichMateeuszxg-zxgHematiteStitch98Gravity Monkey
3gojira,kakaks,ink, isocon,mateeus, zxg,ausma, botw, hematite, mossy, grav, dr,war, flareon,hematem,
2kakaks, ink,ausma, gojira, hematite, zxg,hematem,isocon,dr, botw, flareon,mateeus,war, mossy,grav,
1hematem, hematite, flareon,war,mateeus,dr, isocon,kakaks,grav,mossy, inkgojira, zxg,ausma, botw,
=3+4+3
36+8+1
0+2+1
6+0+2
18+2+0
6+2+0
110+4+2
3+2+0
20+4+2

:Reuniclus: Reuniclus: Hematite !
:reuniclus: Mega Reuniclus
New Ability: Overcoat/Magic Guard/Regenerator -> Two-Minded
(When Mega Reuniclus's Attack is modified, its Special Attack is modified in the opposite way, and vice versa. The same is true for its Defense and Special Defense.)
Type: Psychic/Fighting

New Stats:
HP: 110
Attack: 65 -> 110 (+45)
Defense: 75 -> 115 (+40)
Special Attack: 125 -> 165 (+40)
Special Defense: 85
Speed: 30 -> 5 (-25)
(495 BST)

New moves: Psycho Boost, Photon Geyser
Description:
I JUST WANNA SAY
it is canon flavor
that sometimes, Reuniclus wants to ignore its psychic powers and just fistfight someone
While it could use its psychic abilities in battle, this Pokémon prefers to swing its powerful arms around to beat opponents into submission.so let's let it do that!!!
also, the main inspiration of the entire Solosis line is the endless cycle of cell division, so I like the idea of Mega Reuniclus once again having a duality theme after its base form became one

The gimmick of this Mega Reuniclus is that it specializes in the kinds of powerful moves that lower its own stats - most notably Psycho Boost and Superpower - and its Ability enables it to switch between its attacking specialties each time it uses one. When using Psycho Boost, because it suffers a debuff of -2 Special Attack, Two-Minded raises its Attack by two stages. Conversely, when using Superpower, it suffers -1 Attack and -1 Defense - but with Two-Minded, it also gets a Calm Mind boost at the same time.

It can also get away with going full physical and just using Psycho Boost as a sort of super-Swords Dance, with the more safely spammable Hammer Arm (this isn't affected by Two-Minded, but its Speed isn't getting any lower) and Photon Geyser as physical STABs and the option to run valuable moves like Knock Off or Recover as its fourth move for utility.

Photon Geyser is particularly neat with this Ability because - with Reuniclus constantly switching back and forth between attacking stats - it's really valuable to have a STAB of one type that it can use no matter what, rather than becoming excessively predictable ("you always use Fighting moves when your Attack is higher and Psychic moves when your Special Attack is higher") - another point in favor of physical sets, since it can have both of its STABs at once.

I dunno! I'm not as confident in this one, but I wanted to do something super weird with Reuniclus, and I like the idea of a gimmick like this that pushes it to switch up its moves often and rewards careful play and thinking ahead by letting it adapt to different opponents. I'm curious to see the creative ways people might use this!
:reuniclus:kakaksChoice-ScarfedAusmaRotten-InfernapeIsoConBotwNerd-745Mega-FlareonHematiteStitch98BitBitio
3-point voteshematem, kakaks, war, mateeus, dr,gojira,hematite, ink,isocon,ausma, botw, mossy, grav, zxg,flareon,
2-point voteskakaks,flareon,ausma,gojira,hematem, zxg, isocon,hematite,war, ink,botw, mateeus, grav, dr,mossy,
1-point votesmateeus,gojira, ink, zxg,hematite,hematem,botw, mossy,flareon, dr, isocon,ausma, war,kakaks, grav,
TOTAL20+2+1
15+2+3
3+0+1
0+2+1
6+6+2
3+2+0
15+4+3
3+8+2
0+2+2

:Boltund: Boltund: kakaks

Boltund
Electric, Fairy
Adrenaline (when koing another mon, gets an guaranteed crit on the next move)
66, 140, 60, 125, 60, 146
Pursuit
Comp: Boltund can be scary with its new fairy type, gaining an stab in play rough. its ability makes it easier to revenge kill intimidate mons with the crit, and its nice in general
:boltund:kakaksChoice-ScarfedAusmaIsoConBotw-Nerd745Mega-FlareonBitBitioMossy SandwichM24zxgzxg
3-point votesausma, ink, dr, isocon,grav,hematem,war, mateeus,kakaks, gojira, hematite, zxg,botw, kakaks,mossy, flareon,
2-point voteskakaks,ausma, war, hematite, ink,gojira, isocon,botw, mateeus, dr,flareon,mossy,hematem,grav, zxg,
1-point votesgojira, hematite,hematem, kakaks, mateeus,ausma, war, grav, flareon,mossy,isocon,botw, dr,zxg,ink
TOTAL12+2+2
3+8+3
3+4+4
66+2+1
112+2+2
6+2+1
6+4+1

Last edited:
Hi again, everyone!!
Huge thanks to inkbug for tallying the results from slate 12! I'll add them to the pull request right away. (Someone please break the tie for Boltund)

In addition, the submission phase of slate 13 has begun!
Based on the results of the previous poll, the Mega Evolutions we'll be doing in the current slate are :luxray: Luxray, :archeops: Archeops and :talonflame: Talonflame.

The poll to decide next week's slate is also live! You can find it here, and the results will be announced at the beginning of the voting period, giving everyone time to prepare before the next submission phase starts.

This is also a reminder that the Mega Dragapult suspect tour will be taking place on Dragon Heaven in five hours!

You may now post! C:

Provided that you have yet to vote on the current slate,
Hi! You may have missed it, but you already voted on Boltund, so I'm afraid you can't break the tie this time - you're one of the people who created the tie, haha. I'm not rrreally sure how to count this, because you are going against your own previous vote? but I would rather stick to the terms we've already stated rather than changing the rules on the fly to accommodate for that.

inkbug

Hi! You may have missed it, but you already voted on Boltund, so I'm afraid you can't break the tie this time - you're one of the people who created the tie, haha. I'm not rrreally sure how to count this, because you are going against your own previous vote? but I would rather stick to the terms we've already stated rather than changing the rules on the fly to accommodate for that.
Actually it looks like kakaks edited their vote sometime yesterday without letting me know (i REALLY shouldve checked for edits this IS my job), so kakaks is actually the winner regardless:

:Boltund: Boltund: kakaks
:boltund:kakaksChoice-ScarfedAusmaIsoConBotw-Nerd745Mega-FlareonBitBitioMossy SandwichM24zxgzxg
3-point votesausma, ink, dr, isocon,grav,hematem,war, mateeus,gojira, hematite, zxg,botw, kakaks,mossy, flareon,
2-point voteskakaks,ausma, war, hematite, ink,gojira, isocon,botw, mateeus, dr,flareon,mossy,hematem,grav, zxg,
1-point votesgojira, hematite,hematem, kakaks, mateeus,ausma, war, grav, flareon,mossy,isocon,botw, dr,zxg,ink
TOTAL12+2+2
3+8+3
3+4+4
66+2+1
112+2+2
6+2+1
6+4+1

Sorry for the mix-up;;; I should know by now to be more careful with these.

Haha why have I had these ready for a whole week. Thanks again to Hematite and inkbug for approving the new abilities.

:talonflame: Mega Talonflame

Typing: Fire/Flying

New Ability: Technician

New Move: Sacred Fire

Stats:
HP: 78 - - >78 (unchanged)
Atk: 81- - >126 (+45)
Def: 71 - - >81 (+10)
SpA: 74 - - >74 (unchanged)
SpD: 71 - - >79 (+10)
Spe: 126 - - >160 (+35)
BST: 499 - - >599 (+100)

Not too much to say here, this was the first one I came up with and I thought of it pretty fast. Technician powers up Dual Wingbeat immensely, making it hit as hard as Brave Bird - without the recoil. Technician also makes Flame Charge hit at 75 bp, making it able to run that as it’s main fire move if it wants. However, now it cannot wear boots, since it has to hold its mega stone. I also added Sacred Fire, in case it wants a physical Fire STAB that is stronger than Flame Charge and doesn’t have recoil. Its stats are sort of meant to reflect its base stats: an attacker that can hit somewhat hard and is very fast.

:luxray: Mega Luxray

New Typing: Electric/Dark

New Ability: Mischievous Glare: (Intimidate clone. Upon Mega Evolving, lowers the opponent’s Special Attack by one stage.)

New moves: Parting Shot, Taunt, Encore, Obstruct, Knock Off

HP: 80 - - >80 (unchanged)
Atk: 120 - - >150 (+30)
Def: 79 - - >89 (+10)
SpA: 95 - - >105 (+10)
SpD: 79 - - >89 (+10)
Spe: 70 - - >100 (+30)
BST: 523 - - >623 (+100)

One of my favorite Pokémon to use competitively is Incineroar, mostly because it gets Intimidate, and can combine that with Parting Shot. You pivot in, lower stats, and pivot out. So I thought I could do that here - and make it even better!
Switch in base form Luxray with Intimidate, Mega Evolve, then use Parting Shot. You have just lowered both of the opponent's attacking stats by 2!
Normally with a pivoter like this, you might want it to be bulky and slow, so that whatever is coming next is not damaged, right? (Like inkbug's Mega Vaporeon and Gothitelle.) Well, I feel like that matters a bit less when it is Parting Shot, because it lowers the opponent's attacking stats. I also think that can pressure the opponent to switch out. I gave it Encore, which for a weird utility pivoter like this, feels essential.
I think Obstruct fits, since it’s Dark-Type and lowers stats, which is what this thing does best.
Knock Off gives it the best Dark move, letting it hit harder upfront than Crunch or Throat Chop. (also, as inkbug pointed out, cats like to knock things off of tables) This thing could be really fun to use, and incredibly annoying to fight. (I also feel like this gives off some serious cat energy)

:archeops: Mega Archeops

New Typing: Rock/Dragon

New Ability: Berserker: (Similar to Berserk. When this pokemon reaches 1/2 hp or less, its Attack is raised by 2 stages, its Defense and Special Defense are lowered by 1 stage, and it falls under the effect of Taunt.)

New Moves: None

HP: 75 - - >75 (unchanged)
Atk: 140 - - >165 (+25)
Def: 65 - - >90 (+25)
SpA: 112 - - >132 (+20)
SpD: 65 - - >85 (+20)
Spe: 110 - - >120 (+10)
BST: 567 - - >667 (+100)

I don't usually include new dex entries for my megas, but I feel like I have to for this one.

When this Archeops Mega Evolved, it overcame its fear, and will now battle even harder when things look bleak. When badly injured, it enters an unstoppable rage, forgoing any strategy or technique in exchange for raw strength.

So yeah, that's just about all there is to say about it. Archeops already gets all of the Dragon moves, including Outrage, which fits the flavor perfectly. Dragon, Rock, and Ground (it gets Earthquake) is perfect neutral coverage, (except for Bronzong with Levitate,) which is cool.

Appearance, because I actually have an idea: Slightly rounder maybe, stands on the ground on two legs but still has wings; wings are shaped more like a dragon's wings, is spiked. It’s not a small flying dragon, it’s a big dragon that smacks things.

Edit: I have changed my Luxray so that its ability only functions like Intimidate, with no extra effects.
Edit 2: Dragon Dance has been removed from Archeops.

Last edited:
:archeops: Mega Archeops
New Ability
: Defeatist -> Erosion
(-ate clone: Rock type moves become Water-type and get an additional x1.2 boost. In addition, the move Stealth Rock's effectiveness will be based on that of the Water-type instead of that of Rock-type.)
Type:
-->

New stats:
HP: 75
Attack: 140 -> 150 (+10)
Defense: 65 -> 95 (+30)
Special Attack: 112 -> 135 (+23)
Special Defense: 65 -> 76 (+11)
Speed: 110 ->136 (+26)
(667 BST)

New moves: Brave Bird, Hurricane, Power Gem, Beat Up
Flavour: Aight before anything, the reasoning behind it becoming a Water type is because is most Archaeopteryx (dinosaur which Archeops is obviously based on) fossils have been found in marine sediments and when alive the animal it inahbited in tiny islands. This mega would attempt returning Archeops to its original state like Aerodactyl's did, but it instead turns it almost water-like due to it dying underwater, if that even makes sense lol.
Competitive Role: This is a full on mixed wallbreaker and probably one of the few megas out there that might be taken in consideration to have instead of Mega Pert in a rain team, as it is already fast as fuck and can break through teams with ease with just Erosion boosted Head Smashes and 100% accurate Hurricanes. Not only that but you can kinda play around Stealth Rock, as Erosion changes its effectiveness upon mega evolving, meaning that you can decide when to set them up depending on the opposing team. It is not faster than Mega Lycanroc Day and Dusk or electric types such as Zeraora or Mega Jolteon so take that into account if you're planning on using it over pert tho.

Last edited:
:Talonflame:
Talonflame-Mega
Stone Name: Talonflite
Fire/Flying
Flame Body/Gale Wings->Jet Shoot (Magic Guard clone, prevents indirect damage)
HP: 78-> 78 (+0)
Attack: 81-> 126 (+45)
Defense: 71-> 86 (+15)
Special Attack: 74-> 74 (+0)
Special Defense: 69-> 84 (+15)
Speed: 126-> 151 (+25)
New Moves: High Jump Kick, Sucker Punch
So Talonflame has traditionally been a solid revenge killer and utility option with a solid typing to back it up. This build aims to adjust and expand on that. Acceptable bulk backed up by great speed and power allows it to stick around and support its team. Gale Wings pre-mega allows it to recover HP with Roost, remove hazards with Defog, or revenge kill in case of emergency. Lastly I took inspiration from its Pokédex entries (When attacking prey, it can reach speeds of up to 310 mph. It finishes its prey off with a colossal kick. Also literally half of the entries talk about kicking stuff haha) to bring over High Jump Kick and I like the overall concept.

Last edited:
:Talonflame:
Mega Talonflame
New Ability: Flame Body/Gale Wings --> Blistering Speed (kinda Liquid voice clone, this pokemons priority moves become fire type and and have their base power multiplied by 1.2)
New Type:
Max Flare - Fire-type

HP: 71
ATK: 81 --> 101 (+20)
DEF: 71
SPA: 74
--> 124 (+50)
SPD:
SPE: 126 --> 156 (+30)

New Moves:
Extreme Speed, Air Slash
Yes, I know that this is really strong, but it can't even hold boots anymore. So set up stealth rocks and make him suffer if you hate this sub.
:Luxray:
Mega Luxray
New Ability: Rivalry/Intimidate/Guts --> Bright Eyes (This pokemon's electric attacks will always hit)
New Type:
Max Lightning - Electric-type

HP: 80
ATK: 120 --> 140 (+20)
DEF: 79
SPA: 95
--> 140 (+45)
SPD:
SPE: 70 --> 105 (+35)

New Moves:
Volt Tackle, Close Combat, Volt Switch
:Archeops:
Mega Archeops
New Ability: Defeatist --> No Guard
New Type:
Stone Edge - Rock-type
Flying-type

HP: 75
ATK: 140 --> 170 (+30)
DEF: 65 --> 80 (+15)
SPA: 112
--> 152 (+40)
SPD:
65 --> 80 (+15)
SPE:

New Moves: Hurricane

Last edited:
As a very proud Sinnoh-raised Pokémon fan, Luxray was my (and many others') Electric-type of choice for a full-game playthrough of Pearl and Platinum. Once it got Spark at level 15, it literally became unstoppable and very useful throughout the entire journey, receiving even better moves as the levels went on. Once I delved into the vast world of competitive battling however, I was (very) disappointed Luxray was unviable even in the minnow tier called PU due to its stats being actually mediocre. With that said, you all know how this Pet Mod works, hehe.

Mega Luxray :luxray:
New Typing: Electric ----> Electric / Ice (I know, kinda weird, b-but please h-hear my explanation!!!!)
New Ability: Rivalry / Intimidate / Guts ----> Strong Jaw
New Stats:
HP: 80 ----> 80
Attack: 120 ----> 175 (+55)
Defense: 79 ----> 79
Special Attack: 95 ----> 95
Special Defense: 79 ----> 79
Speed: 70 ----> 115 (+45)
Base Stat Total: 523 ----> 623 (+100)
New Moves: Glare, U-turn
Weight: 42.0 kg (92.6 lbs) ----> 48.5 kg (106.9 lbs)
Height: 1.4 m (4'07") ----> 1.6 m (5'02")

Flavor Description: Luxray's name etymology and appearance (according to its Bulbapedia page) are directly and mostly related to lynxes. Most of these animal species (mainly the Eurasian and Canadian ones) are found in temperate and boreal areas. With that in mind, Mega Luxray heavily draws inspiration on them design-wise; it inherits the Ice typing from the cold habitats, developing a thick layer of blue-grayish fur over all of its body. All of Luxray's animal inspirations (lion, tiger, lynx) are carnivore predators among the largest; Mega Luxray's teeth, therefore, becomes incredibly lethal killing tools in tandem with its superb vision, its upper canines now popping off its mouth like a saber-toothed tiger, and its dentition being capable of crushing things as hard as an automobile with ease. Glare was, in my opinion, an automatic addition to its movepool because of many Pokédex entries mentioning the x-ray vision capabilities of its eyes, while U-turn refers to the hit-and-run capability of many predators.

Competitive Description: From a competitive standpoint, regular Luxray is nothing short of horrible. Although it hits very hard and has reasonable coverage, its pure Electric-typing doesn't give it any favors whatsoever, it's awfully slow for a legitimate wallbreaker, and almost all other fully-evolved Electric-type Pokemon outclass it viability and role-wise. STAB BoltBeam coverage was unexistant in OU for eight generations (don't bring up Arctozolt or Rotom-refrigerator because they're bad), so I decided to build Mega Luxray's concept around that very unique yet still unexplored niche. With Strong Jaw, the rather useless "elemental fangs" now become an integral part of Mega Luxray's viability, turning into very reliable 97.5 BP STAB moves that, when coupled with a very good base 115 Speed, enable Mega Luxray to cripple many defensive and offensive cores (Toxapex + Corviknight + Clefable, Tapu Bulu + Keldeo + Heatran, among others) by itself due to how good speedy BoltBeam coverage is. Strong Jaw also grants Mega Luxray access to boosted coverage moves in Fire Fang, Crunch, and Psychic Fangs; Superpower is also an option despite not being boosted. The newly gained moves in Glare and U-turn augments Mega Luxray's utility and unpredictability, allowing it to take further advantage of the switches it potentially forces.

It still has its obvious flaws, starting with its meager attacking power (which is still below-average; a whopping 175 base Attack was needed for STAB Thunder / Ice Fang to reach the power level of Mega Sharpedo's Crunch, for example), weakness to priority Mach Punch, mediocre bulk, and vulnerability to virtually any Choice Scarf user in the metagame. However, I think this approach gives Luxray a much needed, proper spotlight in the most prestigious Smogon tier.

Last edited:
New Ability
: Flame Body / Gale Wings -> Divine Ailerons (Gale Wings but its the XY version of it) (if its too OP, make the ability reckless instead, futureproofing gang)
Type: Fire / Flying

New stats:
HP: 78 -> 78
Attack: 81 -> 130 (+49)
Defense: 71 -> 103 (+32)
Special Attack: 74
Special Defense: 69 (nice)
Speed: 126 -> 145 (+19)
(599 BST)

Sample Set
Talonflame @ Talonflite
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp

New moves: none
Description: Talonflame has tried so desperately to be relevant since Gen 7 that it found out how to mega evolve. Now, it's descending onto Galar with a VENGEANCE. This mega is aimed to remake Talonflame into the revenge killer god it once was, with the readdition of the old gale wings, a massive speed and attack buff, and more. To be honest, you're gonna need rocks in order to survive Mega Talonflame. The only downsides are that it takes 50% from rocks, but honestly, yall are gonna need all you can get.

New Ability
: Rivalry / Intimidate / Guts -> Tough Claws
Type: Electric -> Electric / Dark
Stone Name: Luxitite

New stats:
HP: 80 -> 80
Attack: 120 -> 155 (+35)
Defense: 79 -> 92 (+13)
Special Attack: 95
Special Defense: 79 -> 100 (+21)
Speed: 70 -> 101 (+31)
(623 BST)

Sample Set
Luxray @ Luxitite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Zing Zap
- Swords Dance
- Ice Fang
- Crunch

New moves: Zing Zap , Swords Dance
Description: Luxray, ever since its creation, has always been pure, unadulterated, smelly, worse than garbodor, garbage. People also wanted it to be a dark type. I fixed those flaws. Luxray is now a pretty darn viable wallbreaker, being able to speedcreep the base 100 speed tier, having amazing attack further boosted by tough claws, swords dance, and an actually good electric move.

Last edited:
New Ability
: Flame Body / Gale Wings -> Divine Ailerons (Gale Wings but its the XY version of it) (if its too OP, make the ability reckless instead, futureproofing gang)
Type: Fire / Flying

New stats:
HP: 78 -> 110 (+32)
Attack: 81 -> 130 (+49)
Defense: 71
Special Attack: 74
Special Defense: 69 (nice)
Speed: 126 -> 145 (+19)
(599 BST)

Sample Set
Talonflame @ Talonflite
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp

New moves: none
Description: Talonflame has tried so desperately to be relevant since Gen 7 that it found out how to mega evolve. Now, it's descending onto Galar with a VENGEANCE. This mega is aimed to remake Talonflame into the revenge killer god it once was, with the readdition of the old gale wings, a massive speed and attack buff, and more. To be honest, you're gonna need rocks in order to survive Mega Talonflame. The only downsides are that it takes 50% from rocks, but honestly, yall are gonna need all you can get.

New Ability
: Rivalry / Intimidate / Guts -> Tough Claws
Type: Electric -> Electric / Dark
Stone Name: Luxitite

New stats:
HP: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Attack: 120 -> 155 (+35)
Defense: 79 -> 91 (+12)
Special Attack: 95
Special Defense: 79 -> 91 (+12)
Speed: 70 -> 101 (+31)
(599 BST)

Sample Set
Luxray @ Luxitite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Zing Zap
- Swords Dance
- Ice Fang
- Crunch

New moves: Zing Zap , Swords Dance
Description: Luxray, ever since its creation, has always been pure, unadulterated, smelly, worse than garbodor, garbage. People also wanted it to be a dark type. I fixed those flaws. Luxray is now a pretty darn viable wallbreaker, being able to speedcreep the base 100 speed tier, having amazing attack further boosted by tough claws, swords dance, and an actually good electric move.
You cannot boost the HP of your subs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)