Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
Aaand the votes are in!
Before I get started, a quick run-down of how this works:
  • Each vote contributes one point to its first-place choice
  • The candidates are ordered based on both the number of first-place votes and the number of total votes, and eliminated from the bottom
  • Any vote whose first choice has been eliminated instead gives its point to its second choice, or whatever its next ranking is. (On the sheet, points that have moved in this manner are highlighted in yellow.)
  • The elimination and re-ranking process continues until there are two remaining, upon which the one with more points is the winner.
  • You can view the whole thing on this spreadsheet.
Without further ado...

:cacturne: Mega Cacturne: Hematite !!
:cacturne: Mega Cacturne
New Ability: Sand Veil/Water Absorb -> Coup de Grass
(When using a single-target move, if the intended target's HP is one half or less, Mega Cacturne acts immediately, moving at the first possible opportunity within its priority bracket.)
Type: Grass/Dark

New Stats:
HP: 70
Attack: 115
Defense: 60 -> 115 (+55)
Special Attack: 115
Special Defense: 60 -> 105 (+45)
Speed: 55
(575 BST)

New moves: Assurance, Knock Off, Strength Sap
Description:
The wise people of the Discord have decreed that I should go sleep now, so this is not gonna be nearly as long a description as Araquanid, oops
In short, though, this is sort of the same idea that's inspired many of the other subs - the fact that Cacturne are known for lurking silently and motionlessly until their opponents are worn down, then striking decisively to take them down when they're weak.
In a singles context, the main set this would run is probably the combination of Strength Sap and either Swords Dance or Nasty Plot to boost safely super fun combination on Vileplume by the way I have used it before, paired with a spammable STAB (like Knock Off on Swords Dance sets) and... either another attack or some way to wear down opponents or make progress over time, like Leech Seed, Spiky Shield, Spikes or Toxic (probably Toxic? I would do Toxic) until they're in range of its Ability.
Knock is one of the most spammable moves in the game and it can get away with running it as its only attack if it wants to commit to the biding-its-time lifestyle, but it would probably help to have a coverage move to complement it!
One convenient thing about this Mega Cacturne is that it doesn't necessarily need to bother investing in Speed, so its bulk should definitely be more than workable for what it is!

Incidentally, in doubles, all bets are off - this can attack just as soon as its target falls into range and can potentially pull off crazy offensive combinations without needing to bide its time too long. Assurance on this sounds fun as heck and I would so use it.

It's totally coincidental but still very funny that this has exactly the same stat changes as my Araquanid I swear it wasn't on purpose
1611448143505.png

Hematite - 12
DrPumpkinz - 7
Magmajudis - 6
okispokis - 4
Aurum4 - 3
BitBitio, zxgzxg - 2

:hawlucha: Mega Hawlucha: BlueRay !!
Mega Hawlucha

New Ability
: Masquerade
In a similar way to "Illusion", the user will copy the ability of the last Pokémon in your team that is still living. If the user gets damaged by a direct move from its partner or from the opponent, it will loose the ability that it copied. "Masquerade" can be reset after switching out.
Certain abilities cannot be copied. Refer to "Receiver" if you want to know which abilities cannot be copied. Moreover, the banlist can be extended depending on how strong certain abilities turn out to be for the user or if an ability in question is unique to a Pokémon like "Blackmail" from Mega Honchkrow.

Type: Fighting | Flying

New stats:
HP: 78
Attack: 92 -> 112 (+20)
Defense: 75 -> 110 (+35)
Special Attack: 74 -> 84 (+10)
Special Defense: 63 -> 88 (+25)
Speed: 118 -> 128 (+10)
BST: 500 -> 600 (+100)

New Moves:
Storm Throw, Parting Shot

Description:
1) Hawlucha is associated with a so-called "lucha libre", which refers to a freestyle wrestling from Mexico. People participating in this kind of battle usually wear a special mask to represent an ancient hero, a famous fighter, an animal, a god, or any mystical figure. The longer a fighter wears a mask without getting demasked by their opponent, the higher their prestige and skills.
I feel like "Masquerade" is a good opportunity to reflect these aspects, especially when Hawlucha is depicted as a very proud Pokémon in the anime and according to the Pokédex. Once the user gets hit, it is demasked, similar to how Mimikyu has its disguise broken. Thus, the user looses the ability that it copied. But don't worry, you can reset it if you switch out!

That said, some of you may wonder why Hawlucha copies an ability from one of its teammates. It's because there's already a move called "Role Play", which copies the ability of the target. Thus, there seems to be a connection between identity and ability. Moreover, wearing a mask to represent someone famous in a "lucha libre" is a change of an individual's identity.

As for the name of the ability, I went for "Masquerade" to allude
a) to an event in which you are allowed to hide your true identity--in this case, it would be the "lucha libre"
b) to a custome, which usually includes a mask and can act as form of defensive strategy to overcome fears.
Moreover, "Masquerade" is a flexible name that can be applied to some Pokémon like Roserade if it wants to have this ability.

2) Strategy
- Due to the limited nature of "Masquerade", Hawlucha pairs well with Pokémon relying on a one-time ability like "Intimidate". In our metagame, it should pair well with Landorus-T who is immune to Electric or with Gyarados who takes neutral damage from Ice. There's also the possibility to include Incineroar as it takes neutral damage from Fairy, is resistant to Ice and unaffected by Psychic! Intimidate allows Hawlucha to better take physical hits and start setting-up with Swords Dance. Or you could just use it defensively, given how useful its dual typing can be as it offers a Ground immunity and a resistance to Fighting.
- Another way to use "Masquerade" is "Huge Power", turning Mega Hawlucha into an attacker that, rather than setting-up like its regular form, can immediately create huge holes in opposing teams at any time so long as it is not hit by a direct move. Diggersby seems to be a good partner for Hawlucha as it's immune to Electric. Azumarill is another useful Pokémon as it resists Ice. Furthermore, if you have "Natural Cure" or "Regenerator" in your team, you can use U-Turn to profit from these abilities.
-> Basically, Mega Hawlucha is a very customizable Pokémon and requires good team support as well as good management to adapt to any situation.

3) Stats: Hawlucha is bulky enough to take 2 Stone Edge from Landorus-T after Stealth Rock and 1 Moonblast from Clefable after Stealth Rock. Its SpAtk is decent enough to run Technician Hidden Power Ice to devastate certain Pokémon like Landorus-T if you want to.
1611448287977.png

BlueRay - 10
Gravity Monkey - 7
Ausma, ChoiceScarfed - 5
DrPumpkinz - 3
zxgzxg, GrandSmasher - 2

:araquanid: Mega Arquanid: Hematite !!
:araquanid: Mega Araquanid
New Ability: Water Bubble/Water Absorb -> Body of Water
(Mega Araquanid's Water-type moves are calculated using its Defense instead of Attack and its Special Defense instead of Special Attack.)
Type: Water/Bug

New Stats:
HP: 68
Attack: 70
Defense: 92 -> 147 (+55)
Special Attack: 50
Special Defense: 132 -> 177 (+45)
Speed: 42
(554 BST)

New moves: Hypnosis, Life Dew, Pain Split, Purify
Description:
First of all, GrandSmasher suggested this for the Ability name and I love it
That's a fantastic pun

So, uh... as I think most of the M4A regulars know by now, Araquanid is pretty close to being my favorite Pokémon ever!
This isn't just because of its mechanics, but they're no small part of it - it's on basically all of my teams except my Slowking one but only because Trick Room does not mix with webs D: and I find every excuse possible to use it because it's just so much fun. I love the way it adds an offensive twist to a traditionally supportive role, in a way that takes thought to use and puts more pressure on the opponent because the Pokémon that can interfere with its support may not be the same ones that can actually afford to switch in on it.
I was pretty excited for this slate, and I'm hoping I have something that does justice to it, without taking a radical departure from its style or undermining what makes me like it but also without being totally obvious and while bringing something new to the table.

This Ability with these stats might look pretty crazy on paper, but hear me out a bit! There are more tradeoffs at work here than it looks.
First of all, as I said, Araquanid is set apart by the offensive edge it brings to its role - and that comes down almost entirely to its base form's Ability, Water Bubble. Water Bubble doubles the power of its Water-type moves (and incidentally comes with a handy immunity to burns, which is excellent for it because its base form is physically offensive), which accounts for basically all of its breaking power; as low as its base 70 Attack looks on the surface, its 170 BP Liquidations are more than enough to pressure its opponents.
The reason I bring up the importance of Water Bubble is that this Mega Araquanid doesn't have that - and while it may be firing Liquidations from base 147 Defense and Scalds from base 177 Special Defense, its breaking power with its most reliable moves is actually only around the same level as its base form - it's actually slightly less for most of its important moves! Water Bubble really carries it that far by itself - while this Ability might look at a glance like an extreme way to cheat and give Araquanid four crazy stats instead of two, I promise it's balanced carefully around it and it's not going any further offensively than Water Bubble itself.

But if it's not giving an advantage in breaking power, what does this Ability do for it?
On one level, Body of Water is an excuse for Araquanid to commit alllll the way to investing in its bulk, because it no longer has to spend its EVs and nature on Attack to reach its maximum offensive potential. This bulk increase is pretty substantial relative to base Araquanid with that in mind - given that base Araquanid doesn't usually invest in Defense or Special Defense in my experience, you can end up with up to twice as much invested bulk as the base form on the physical side, or up to about 62% more on the special side, depending which side you choose to prioritize with EVs.
In exchange for this... well, like I said, there are tradeoffs - in this case, you may get a lot of bulk, but you lose access to Heavy-Duty Boots, which are pretty important to base Araquanid. Mega Araquanid can be super rewarding, but it requires good hazard control from its teammates to come in reliably to take hits.
There's one other cool thing about the Ability, though - while Araquanid's offenses are physically biased, its defenses, which matter here, are specially inclined instead! Through that change, Body of Water indirectly grants Araquanid access to one of the most dangerous tools a defensive Water-type can have. While its breaking power may be just shy of its base form's Liquidations, Mega Araquanid doesn't need to rely on Liquidation any more - its best move is Scald, a reliable spammable move loved by defensive Water-types for how much it deters physical attackers from coming in. Burns are a status Araquanid would appreciate a lot, but running Scald comes at much too high a cost for its base form, so it doesn't really have the opportunity to exploit it.

It's possible that it will need the help later, and we're always open to buffing things later as they come up, but I'm tentatively opting not to give Araquanid fully reliable recovery for the time being, because I think it's more interesting when it requires more thought to use effectively.
Instead, its most relevant new moves are Pain Split on the downright brilliant suggestion of BlueRay, slotting in neatly for the base form's Attack-reliant Leech Life and giving it a way to restore some of its HP and make the most of its impressive bulk without being the most consistent walling option, and maybe (though it's not the most reliable) Hypnosis, a fairly rare option among webbers that pairs well with Mega Araquanid's other enhanced status spreading and can occasionally help it to neutralize the threats that think they can come in safely on it if used carefully.
For fun but niche and mostly flavorful options, I also felt like adding Life Dew, which it will probably not use in singles but suits its behavior of supporting other Pokémon by sharing its bubble with them and also meshes well with its substantially increased bulk, and Purify, which...
... okay realistically it will probably not use Purify either but hear me out okay--
The only Pokémon that has Purify right now has that and Recover, so it's never been worth trying to exploit it in singles. There's no reason to pull off wacky status techs to try to squeeze every bit of longevity you can out of a Pyukumuku - if you're not using Purify primarily to cure your allies, you can will always just fall back on Recover. Araquanid doesn't have that option, and it does have three different ways to set three different status conditions itself and the potential to rely on ally support like Toxic Spikes to try to enable Purify.
It sounds really unwieldy and I don't think many people would seriously choose it over Pain Split or... well... any better move Araquanid has to offer (it's not like it's struggling to fill its moveslots!), but it just sounds so much more engaging than Recover in a casual environment and like the kind of move that would be fun to have when you're messing around, and it suits Araquanid's nature quite well.

It's probably obvious by now that I'm not setting out to create something radically meta-shaping and epic here, but I think this could be a fun Mega to use, and I hope it offers enough over its base form to be worth considering while sticking close to what makes me love Araquanid so much. C:
1611448554418.png

Hematite - 15 jesus christ dude
Ausma - 7
DrPumpkinz - 4
ViZar, okispokis - 3
Mossy Sandwich, shinxthe17! - 2

Before I move on to other business; BitBitio ran another Research Tour today, focusing on Mega Evolutions that have recently been rebalanced! It was a very cool event, with some awesome showcases of recently buffed Mega Evolutions. Shoutouts to pupugugu from our Discord for taking the trophy!

As always, you can view the finished bracket and all of the replays over on the Wiki.

We also recently held another balance changes poll, so here are the results on that!

:meganium: Mega Meganium will be gaining access to Rock Slide :meganium:
:dhelmise: Mega Dhelmise will be having redistributed stats (namely a Speed nerf) :dhelmise:
:rillaboom: Mega Rillaboom will be losing access to Jungle Healing :rillaboom:

And last but not least...
Submissions are now open for Slate 28!
:sm/ninetales-alola::sm/zoroark::sm/delphox:
Submissions for Mega Alolan Ninetales, Mega Zoroark and Mega Delphox will be open until 0:00 GMT on Friday, January 29.

One thing to keep in mind about what's possible (code-wise) for Mega Zoroark:
Hematite said:
Since it's come up a few times and I didn't think to mention it in the slate announcement, I think it may actually be good to clarify that Illusion wears off when Zoroark Mega Evolves, even if Mega Zoroark also has Illusion.
Also, I cannot personally stop the Mega Evolution scene from playing or hide that Zoroark is Mega Evolving, so people should not include that in their custom Abilities.
Sorry for any inconvenience, and thanks for understanding! You can always ask on the Discord if an Ability is acceptable or codable. C:

We also have for your perusal the poll for which Mega Evolutions should be the focus of Slate 29!
>>> Slate 29 Poll <<<

We have something special planned for Slate 30, so we will not be doing our normal polls over the course of Slate 29.

Alright, I think that's all from me! Have a good one, and as always, I look forward to seeing your submissions! ^o^​

:swsh/ninetales-alola:
:ninetales-alola: Mega Alolan Ninetales
New Ability:
Snow Cloak / Snow Warning -> Crystal Protection - When this Pokemon is under hail, this Pokémon's Defense stat is x1.5.
Typing:
Ice.png
Fairy.png

New Stats:
HP:
73 -> 73
Attack: 67 -> 67
Defense: 75 -> 97 (+22)
Special Attack: 81 -> 113 (+27)
Special Defense: 100 -> 130 (+30)
Speed: 109 -> 130 (+21)
(505 BST) -> (605 BST)

New Moves: Future Sight, Moonlight, Teleport

Description: Before I explain anything, don't think the Ability is broken. It still dies to any Steel Type move over 80 Base Power. The reason I have made Ninetales more bulky because it really didn't do it's job as a staller well, just a lead. I wanted it to utilize it's bulk, and since it's Defense is doubled under hail, and it's going to have Snow Warning, that's why. I also made it a pivot with FuturePort to further increase it's longevity, and the same with recovery by Moonlight. It'd be a pretty nice wall in the meta, in my opinion.

:swsh/zoroark:

New Ability: Illusion -> Devilish Wrath - When the opponent is Burned, these Pokémon's moves will always do a critical hit.
Typing:
Dark.png
Fire.png

New Stats:
HP:
60 -> 60
Attack: 105 -> 135 (+30
Defense: 60 -> 75 (+15)
Special Attack: 120 -> 145 (+25)
Special Defense: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Speed: 105 -> 115 (+10)

New Moves: Fire Blast, Will-O-Wisp, Overheat, Earth Power, Flare Blitz

Description: Having a Burn version of Merciless supports this Pokemon greatly, especially with something that can burn the opponent like Spectrier or Rotom-Heat. With a amazing Special Attack of 150, and with a nice speed tier, this can dish out some real damage.

As always, tell me if my sub is broken. I'll be checking on Discord!
I will probably do Delphox, but not just yet.

Last edited:
Mega Delphox

Ability - Blaze; Magician ➝ As Prophecised (This ability only triggers once per game. Whenever the user would take direct damage from a move, instead the user switches out, and the incoming Pokémon takes no damage. If there are no other Pokémon in the user's party, the trigger fails, and the user takes damage as normal.)

HP - 75 ➝ 75
Atk
- 69 ➝ 78 (+9)
Def - 72 ➝ 91 (+19)
SpA - 114 ➝ 143 (+29)
SpD - 100 ➝ 130 (+30)
Spe - 104 ➝ 117 (+13)
BST - 534➝ 634 (+100)

Movepoll Changes - Teleport
Competitive Corner - Having a "Get Out of Jail Free card" every game can be a very strong effect, and gives Mega Delphox an irrefutable edge, however, it still falls prey to hazard damage, and lacks the appeal that other Megas might bring to the table. A team equipped to remove hazards for Delphox, and able to support its offensive capabilities, can make it a great choice for a Mega evolution!
Flavor Corner - Delphox is inspired on japanese witches, that often have foxen as their familiars, but it also draws inspiration from the oracles of greek mythology, one of which gives Delphox its name, the "Delphic Oracle"! With that in mind, I decided to draw another parallel with greek mythology, and allude to the Teumessian Fox, which is destined never to be caught (definitely read more on its backstory here)! In a similar way, Delphox can use its prophetic abilities never to be caught, and avoid one attack each game with "As Prophecised"!

Mega Zoroark

Ability - Illusion ➝ Identity Theft (Upon KOing a Pokémon, the user transforms into them)

HP - 60 ➝ 60
Atk
- 105 ➝ 121 (+16)
Def - 60 ➝ 77 (+17)
SpA - 120 ➝ 154 (+34)
SpD - 60 ➝ 77 (+17)
Spe - 105 ➝ 121 (+16)
BST - 510 ➝ 610 (+100)

Movepoll Changes - n/a
Competitive Corner - I think this is pretty strong but fair, Transform mechanics means Zoroark won't keep Nasty Plot / Sword Dance boosts after killing anything which is great when you have base 154 SpA, and Imprison + Transform won't work as the 'mon you're transforming is already KOed. The speed and power could be a little troublesome with Nasty Plot even if you lose your progress after every kill (most of the time you'll be transforming into a Toxapex or a Tapu Fini or something along these lines), but I don't see it being too bad (hopefully!).
Flavor Corner - Zoroark is obviously inspired on the japanese kitsune, and they can shapeshift! So transforming into a foe upon KOing it seems like a fun way to go about it and does feel like something a Dark-type kitsune would totally do! (and avoid the dreadful Transform + Imprison combo, which is also why I decided not to give Zoroark Transform!). You could make a case that Zoroark is only a "teathrical" shapeshifter, and that it's all an Illusion and not actually shapeshifting, which is well, true. But that same suspension of disbelief can be used to make it so Zoroarks "transforming" into the Pokémon it just KOed is also an Illusion and it doesn't actually get to do that. We saw Zoroark using moves that Entei, Raikou, and Suicune would know (if my memory serves me right), so it's reasonable to expect it can create these Illusions with other Pokémon as well! Also funnily enough, this is kind of an idea I took from another design I did for another japanese inspired Pokémon, so yeah, i plagiarised myself, what are you gonna do about it >:)

Mega Alolan Ninetales

Ability - Snow Cloak; Snow Warning ➝ Revontulet (Upon switch in, Mega evolving, or gaining this ability, the user attempts to use the move "Aurora Veil")

HP - 73 ➝ 73
Atk
- 67 ➝ 77 (+10)
Def - 75 ➝ 105 (+30)
SpA - 81 ➝ 91 (+10)
SpD - 100 ➝ 133 (+33)
Spe - 109 ➝ 126 (+17)
BST - 505➝ 605 (+100)

Movepoll Changes - n/a
Competitive Corner - Auto Aurora Veil is scary, especially on a Pokémon with Nasty Plot, however, this is a bit of a Mega Sharpedo situation, as, without another teammate with Hail support, Mega Ninetales only has a span of 5 turns after it Mega evolves to get its Aurora Veil going, you may want to preserve it from Mega evolving throughout the game, and only do so when its checks are sufficiently chipped, but Alolan Ninetales will be a bit of dead weight if you choose to do so. So this is a high risk, high reward Mega evolution!
Flavor Corner - Alolan Ninetales is inspired, among other things, on the Finnish Tulikettu, a fox with radiant fur, which produces the northern lights. Hence, using Aurora Veil upon switch in, or Mega evolution, felt like the apt choice to match the flavor! The name of the ability, "Revontulet", is also of Finnish origin, meaning "fox's fires": revon (“fox's”) +‎ tulet (“fires”), and its the name the Finnish use for the northern lights to this day!

Zoroark coming later, hopefully ^^

Last edited:
Mega Zoroark - Dark
Ability: Broken Disguise: Throw away your disguise upon using a move, giving priority to the move used, however there is a 25% BP decrease with this move(Status moves don’t proc Broken Disguise, and this does keep the base effect of Illusion[Disguising]

New Stats

HP: 60
Attack: 105 > 120 (+15)
Defense: 60 > 80 (+20)
Spatk: 120 > 125 (+5)
Spdef: 60 > 100 (+40)
Speed: 105 > 125 (+20)
BST: 510 > 610
New moves: N/A
For Slate 28 I bring you Zoroark! I'll probably have the other two some other time, but for now just Zoroark

:sm/delphox:
Mega Delphox
Type: Fire/Psychic
Ability: Psychic Surge
Stats:
  • HP: 75 (+0)
  • Attack: 99 (+30)
  • Defense: 102 (+30)
  • Special Attack: 124 (+10)
  • Special Defense: 130 (+30)
  • Speed: 104 (+0)
New Moves: Burning Jealousy, Expanding Force, Moonblast

The power of Mega Evolution greatly increased the psychic energy inside of Delphox's wand, to the point where it broke, creating a massive surge of psychic energy across the battlefield.

Introducing Indeedee 2.0: It's Much Better This Time, And Also Part Fire Type! I do have some concerns about Expanding Force on this thing, though, so if you guys could tell me if that's the case, I'd greatly appreciate it.

:ss/ninetales-alola:

Mega Ninetales-Alola
Type: Ice/Fire
Ability: Frostburn (All Ice-type moves used by this Pokémon have an additional 10% chance of burning, and all Fire-type moves used by this Pokémon have an additional 10% chance of freezing)
Stats:
  • HP: 73 (+0)
  • Attack: 91 (+15)
  • Defense: 75 (+0)
  • Special Attack: 131 (+50)
  • Special Defense: 120 (+20)
  • Speed: 124 (+15)
New Moves: Will-o-Wisp, Mystical Fire

Mega Evolution awoke latent genes inside Alolan Ninetales's body, causing it to regain the Fire typing. It combines its icy and firey powers to shoot beams of hot ice and cold fire.

Remember when Pokémon GO -> Pokémon HOME transfer was first rolled out, and there was that glitch that gave regional variant Pokémon the moves of their original form, which meant that you could get an Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales with Fire moves? Well, I looked at that, and I thought "Hey. This could be a pretty neat Mega concept!"

Anyways, the main goal of Mega Alolan Ninetales is to hit hard and spread statuses. Its new ability, Frostburn, helps accomplish this. I do understand that having added freeze chances could be problematic, so please tell me if that is the case.

I'm really stumped on Mega Zoroark, so I don't think I'll be making one unless I suddenly get a giant burst of inspiration, But I'm looking forward to see what you guys make! :heart:

haha psych guys Mega Zoroark in my next post

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
:ninetales-alola: Mega Ninetales-Alola
New Ability
: Entropy [The user's Ice-type moves ignore Fire type's resistance]
Type: Ice/Fairy

New stats:
HP: 73
Attack: 67
Defense: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Special Attack: 81 -> 131 (+50)
Special Defense: 100 -> 100
Speed: 109 -> 139 (+30)
(BST)

New moves: Mystical Fire, Will-o-Wisp
Description: Okay so let's first explore the lore here.

Alolan Ninetales seems to draw on the Hawaiian god Poli'ahu, one of the gods of snow, who are the mortal foes of Pele, the creator of Hawaii and goddess of fire and volcanos. In the mythology, Poli'ahu met a noble and they formed a relationship. However, this noble was already betrothed to a princess, and Poli'ahu was mad, so she cursed the princess. The princess was frozen to the bone, then heated her up again. In another myth, the goddess was at war with Pele, and Poli-ahu froze some magma to confine Pele to certain parts of the island. Poli-ahu is said to live on dormant volcanos.

Drawing on this lore, I gave Alolatales some of its old fire powers. Mystical Fire is primarily for steels, and has solid coverage with Freeze-Dry. While it's a weaker Fire-type move, it fits more with the mystical lore. The same thing can be set for Will-o-Wisp, and both are usually given to 'spirit-like' Pokemon. There are some thing that will still wall it, predominantly Heatran, but it's potent offensive coverage, especially with Nasty Plot, give it a strong presence. Ice/Fire/Fairy is incredible coverage.

Also, as discussed in the Discord, the ability also makes a reference to Gen 1 when Fire didn't resist Ice, which, funnily enough, is where the normal Ninetales form is from.

:delphox: Mega Delphox
New Ability
: Magic Rune. When attacked by a special move, a 'rune' of the move's type absorbs 25% of the damage. As long as the rune is active, the user has an '-ate' effect on its Normal type moves corresponding to the rune type. The rune disappears when switching out.

New stats:
HP: 75
Attack: 69
Defense: 72
Special Attack: 114 -> 154 (+40)
Special Defense: 100 -> 130 (+30)
Speed: 104 -> 124 (+20)
(BST)

New moves: Tri-Attack, Hyper Voice, Parting Shot
Description: So, courtesy of best FF7 charracter Celes, we have a rune knight, which, if you don't know, is a magic class with the ability to absorb magic with its weapon (for Delphox, that's its wand). Absorbing the spell lets it unleash it later, which is how the ability works. I gave it Tri-Attack because it fits with the magic theme (which side-effect will you get!) and so it can use the -ate effect with a special move. Added Hyper Voice in case you're not a little timmy like me into stronger moves without status effects. Because Delphox wants to pivot around to get different runes, Parting Shot lets it pivot and support its team, and it gets Future Sight and Wish to excel in this role.

Last edited:
:Ninetales-Alola: Mega Alolan Ninetales
New Ability
: Fluffy

New stats:
HP: 73 -> 73
Attack: 67 -> 77 (+10)
Defense: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Special Attack: 81 -> 131 (+50)
Special Defense: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Speed: 109 -> 109
BST: 505 -> 605

New moves: None
Description: Mega Alolan Ninetales' stat boosts allow it to become a devastating Nasty Plot sweeper. Ninetales already has a great Special Defense stat and Fluffy can increase its overall bulk even further to allow it to set up Nasty Plot consistently. It can even set up Aurora Veil before Mega Evolving to make it even bulkier, though that comes at the cost of a coverage move slot. Fluffy however gives it a double weakness to Fire, giving Mega Alolan Ninetales a total of two double weaknesses. Its offensive movepool is walled by certain Pokémon such as Heatran, Blissey, and Mega Registeel so it wouldn't be too overpowering.

:Zoroark: Mega Zoroark
New Ability
: Dark
Type: No Guard

New stats:
HP: 60 -> 60
Attack: 105 -> 135 (+30)
Defense: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Special Attack: 120 -> 150 (+30)
Special Defense: 80 -> (+20)
Speed: 105 -> 105
BST: 510 -> 610

New moves: Cross Chop
Description: Just an attempt to make its signature Night Daze to work and be used instead of Dark Pulse. Other than that, it also has no-miss Focus Blass and Cross Chop (if you want to hit Blissey hard), and Nasty Plot to set up.

:Delphox: Mega Delphox
New Ability
: Wand Vision - User's Psychic-type moves bypass immunity checks, whether by typing or by ability.

New stats:
HP: 75 -> 75
Attack: 69 -> 79 (+10)
Defense: 72 -> 92 (+20)
Special Attack: 114 -> 154 (+40)
Special Defense: 100 -> 100
Speed: 104 -> 134 (+30)
BST: 534 -> 634

New moves: Scorching Sands
Description: Delphox gains Wand Vision upon Mega Evolution which makes its Psychic STAB moves much more spammable. Being able to hit Dark-types with its STAB allows it to forgo running Dazzling Gleam in favor of another coverage move or a support move. Scorching Sands allows it to hit and get past Heatran. Mega Delphox's stats are patterned similar to Mewtwo, the original Uber and a fellow Psychic-type.

:ss/delphox:
Mega Delphox
Fire/Psychic
Ability: Clairvoyant Eye (When in Magic Room, Trick Room, Wonder Room this pokemon's special attack is multiplied by 2x)

Hp: 75
Att: 99 (+30)
Def: 102 (+30)
Spec Att: 124 (+10)
Spec Def: 130 (+30)
Sped: 104

New Moves: Reflect, Parting Shot

Description: I was looking around in Delphox's moveset and found the Room moves and decided to base an ability around them. This pokemon becomes a threatening pokemon in any room, with Magic Room crippling the opponent's item since mega stones aren't affected by it, Trick Room for getting rid of faster threats, and Wonder Room making it physically more bulky (if you want, wonder room isn't all to useful.)

:ss/zoroark:
Mega Zoroark
Dark
Ability: Gang Up (users attacking dark type moves act like beat up and have their power split up between the hits. Also this pokemon's dark moves can't flinch or lower the accuracy any pokemon.)

Hp: 60
Att: 130 (+25)
Def: 90 (+30)
Spec Att: 125 (+5)
Spec Def: 90 (+30)
Sped: 115 (+10)

New Moves: None

Desription: Another multi-hitter but this time with the odd mechanics of beat up. The damage of the moves is split out for example if it hits 3 times it would be at 1/3 power for each hit. This allows it to take advantage of moves like snarl or maybe even night slash to great advantage.

Last edited:
Mega Ninetales(Alola) - Ice/Fairy
Ability: Compact: When Hail is active, this Pokemon’s defense and speed stat switch

New Stats:

Attack: 67 > 87 (+20)
Defense: 75 > 55 (-20)
Spatk: 81 > 120 (+39)
Spdef: 100 > 130 (+30)
Speed: 109 > 140 (+31)
BST: 505 > 605
New Moves: Recover, Shadow Ball
Back rather quickly with Alolan Ninetales! I designed it around using it's increased bulk from hail to set up Veil and Nasty Plots, then once the hail runs out, go all out offensive with boosted Moonblasts and Ice Beams

1611449905385.png

A. Ninetales-Mega
Ice/Fairy
Snow Cloak/Snow Warning-> Compound Eyes
Stats
Atk: 67-> 107 (+40)
Def: 75
SpA: 81-> 111 (+30)
SpD: 100-> 115 (+15)
Spe: 109-> 124 (+15)
New Moves: +Play Rough

Description:
With Alolatales, I specifically wanted to move the Mega away from Aurora Veil for balance reasons, and what better way to build something different than by giving it a role that isn't really being filled right now: a fast sleep user with Hypnosis (now usable thanks to 78% accuracy), which I feel fits well what with Ninetales' "all-knowing" schtick. Now you may initially wonder if I've gone insane (Nonsense! I was crazy well before I started submitting here), but I believe that this sub will actually be balanced as due to several factors: limited moveslots after Hypnosis and NP, only okay attacking stats pre-boost, Rocks weakness, meh physical bulk and nothing to hit Steel types outside of HP. On the other hand, sleep is a powerful tool, Freeze-Dry is has pretty great coverage (even if its not the strongest move) and it can even try some physical/mixed cheese thanks to 3-hit guaranteed Axel off a not garbage Attack. Alolatales is a very high risk, high reward Mega- you can handle it with good teambuilding, but under the right circumstances it can be scary.

1611449916484.png

Zoroark-Mega
Dark
Illusion-> Terror Vision (Upon switch in, all opponents receive -1 SpA. Inner Focus, Oblivious, Own Tempo, Scrappy and Pokemon behind a substitute are immune).
Stats

Atk: 105-> 120 (+15)
Def: 60-> 90 (+30)
SpA: 120-> 135 (+15)
SpD: 60-> 90 (+30)
Spe: 105-> 115 (+10)
New Moves: +Poison Jab

"This Pokemon cares deeply about others of its kind, and it will conjure terrifying illusions to keep its den and pack safe."
Description: With the added power of Mega evolution, Zoroark's illusion powers take on a terrifying new dimension, taking on the image of its opponent's greatest fear. The distress these illusion cause any opponent's SpA to drop by one stage, as the special spectrum is the one that is usually associated with the mind, finally giving us special Intimidate. Gameplay-wise, Terror Vision allows Zoro additional set-up opportunities post-Illusion thanks to its now passable special bulk, or allows it to be a support pivot with U-turn, using the SpA drops to benefit its team.

1611449927487.png

Delphox-Mega
Fire/Psychic
Blaze/Magician-> Psychic Coat (User takes 1/2 damage from non-contact moves, but 2x damage from Water attacks).
Stats

Atk: 69-> 79 (+10)
Def: 72-> 92 (+20)
SpA: 114-> 139 (+25)
SpD: 100-> 130 (+30)
Spe: 104-> 119 (+15)
New Moves: +Burning Jealousy, Expanding Force

Description:
Delphox's enhanced mystic powers create a psychic coat that allows it to take non-contact moves easier, serving as the counterpart to Fluffy. However, the ability does make it weaker to water since a) fur + water is usually not a good mix and b) it's a witch (I assume you whippersnappers have seen Wizard of Oz). This allows Delphox to serve as a potent cleaner with CM, backed by a decent offensive STAB combo and solid coverage options like Grass Knot and Dazzling Gleam, fast and powerful but with a very obvious weakness to keep it in check.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
So few attempts at Mega Zoroark so far? Well don't mind me then

Pokemon: Mega Zoroark
Type:

Stats: 60 / 105 / 90 (+30) / 130 (+10) / 90 (+30) / 135 (+30) (610 BST)
Ability: Soul Chain: Illusion effects + when something faints and you send in your last Pokémon to replace it, it gains the new last Pokémon's Ability
Battle Bond, Comatose, Disguise, Download, Flower Gift, Forecast, Gorilla Tactics, Gulp Missile, Huge Power, Hunger Switch, Hustle, Ice Face, Illusion, Intrepid Sword, Imposter, Multitype, Power Construct, Power of Alchemy, Pure Power, Receiver, RKS System, Schooling, Shields Down, Stance Change, Trace, Wonder Guard, and Zen Mode.

New Moves: +Fire Blast, Moonblast, Parting Shot
Description: Same stuff its base form does but better and with a lot more versatility. Regenerator, Magic Guard, Sheer Force, with good enough planning you can get some gnarly stuff on this mon.

:sm/delphox:
Pokemon: Mega Delphox
Type:
/

Stats: 60 / 79 (+10) / 82 (+10) / 174 (+60) / 110 (+10) / 114 (+10) (634 BST)
Ability: Witch's Spell: This Pokemon's moves with secondary effects have that secondary effect's chance replaced with the chance to transform the foe's item into a random new one with the exception of Mega Stones, Z-Crystals or other form-changing items
New Moves: +Branch Poke, Energy Ball, Nuzzle
Description: Mega Mismagius but for items. Unlike Mega Zoroark where I could not figure out a way to get it to use Night Daze no matter how hard I tried, this sub actually gives Delphox a reason to run Mystical Fire as with its 100% SpA lowering chance being replaced it's basically a pseudo-fire Knock Off on this.

Last edited:
Mega Delphox - Fire/Psychic
Ability: Magic Guard

New Stats

Attack: 69 > 89 (+20)
Defense: 72 > 112 (+40)
Spatk: 114 > 144 (+30)
Spdef: 100 > 130 (+30)
Speed: 104 > 84 (-20)
BST: 534 > 634
New Moves: Teleport, Parting Shot, Court Change, Moonlight
And finally we have Delphox! Designed to be a supportive mon with an offensive presence, this thing should be able to fit almost any hole you need, and Magic Guard negates it's rock weakness so it can pivot freely

So after seeing the votes for last slate I came up with one conclusion:

Get your submissions in early. Even if it isn't that good at least people will still notice it (unlike my Hawlucha post)

Anyways here we go:

delphox.png

Ability: Witchcraft (This Pokemon's Fire and Psychic-type moves each have a 30% chance to burn the target. Negates pre-existing side-effects.)

Stats:
Health: 75
Attack: 69 (nice)
Defense: 92 (+20)
Special Attack: 154 (+40)
Special Defense: 120 (+20)

Speed: 124 (+20)

New moves: Parting Shot (please don't kill me Hema I did it), Moonblast, Nasty Plot

Flavor reasoning:
From Pokemon Y and Alpha Sapphire: Using psychic power, it generates a fiery vortex of 5,400 degree Fahrenheit, incinerating foes swept into this whirl of flame.
There's no way a vortex like that would not have a chance of burning the targets trapped in it, right?

Competitive reasoning:
Behold, the vulpine sorcerer whose powers can rival even mankind's most powerful creation (at least, until that motherfucker mega evolves too).

With a really strong ability in Witchcraft, Pursuit trappers need to watch their step carefully to avoid unnecessary burns or even potential KOs. With Nasty Plot (a move Delphox deserved to have from the beginning NGL), Delphox-Mega is able to crank up its already insane 154 base SPA to skyrocketing levels. Parting Shot probably breaks this Pokemon, giving it a free pivot into things it can't break, like Dhelmise-Mega and Latias-Mega.

At the moment, I'm primarily concerned about giving Delphox-Mega Moonblast, as that move gives it extra coverage against Dark-types and the aforementioned Latias-Mega. If possible, Hema, if you're reading this can we add this to the sandbox please?

Obviously, Delphox-Mega is easily revengeable, with its base 124 speed getting nae nae'd on by base 125 mons and whatnot. It's defense is also pretty lacking, so if you can tank a hit (without getting burned), Delphox is almost guaranteed to be screwed.

Sample set:

what does it say (Delphox) @ Delphox mega stone
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Psyshock
- Moonblast

...I am honestly starting to doubt my own credentials in making new Megas.

EDIT: Removed Zoroark-Mega after reading Hema's veto post (welcome back btw :D), will most probably use it for another mega. Delphox-Mega is coming under review as well.

Last edited:
:Zoroark:
Mega Zoroark

New Ability
: Uncanny
When mega-evolving or switching in, the user will transform itself into the Pokémon it is facing and lower the opponent's Speed by 1 stage.
Extra Info: If the user gets hurt by a direct move, it will revert back to its original form. Furthermore, if the user (under the effect of transform) gets hurt by a direct move before attacking the target, the user's move will fail.

Type: Dark

New stats:
Attack: 105 -> 115 (+10)
Defense: 60 -> 85 (+25)
Special Attack: 120 -> 130 (+10)
Special Defense: 60 -> 85 (+25)
Speed: 105 -> 135 (+30)
BST: 510 -> 610 (+100)

New moves:
Parting Shot, Moonlight

Description:
1) Concept Process
The ability's name is based on a concept developed by Sigmund Freud and describes the idea of something that was once experienced and repressed in the past but which now appears under a new form you don't recognise at first. As a reader or character, you are constantly trying to question its appearance because you aren't sure how to take it. Is it a genuine appearance? Or is there something more to it, something threatening, maybe? Due to the ambiguous nature of the uncanny, the reader or the character is going to develop a strong feeling of hesitance. It is this hesitance which becomes the deciding factor as to whether or not the events in someone's life can be considered uncanny. In literature, a narration is considered uncanny if, and only if, the tensions are solved towards the end and if there's a reasonable explanation for the strange events. Apart from that, there are some elements that are typical of the uncanny such as, but not limited to, the double.

For this sub, I mainly concentrated on the feeling of hesitance and the double. Since the Pokédex specifically mentions Zoroark's tendency to transform itself into enemies to protect its family, creating an ability that mirrored some aspects of Ditto's Imposter was only natural, in my eyes. As for hesistance, it is reflected in the opponent's speed reduction since they are unsure how to treat the user who looks and acts like them. Moreover, the moment the user reveals its true form pretty much marks the uncanny aspect of the battle encounter; after all, the opponent realises that it was only the user's ability which confused them.

Another aspect that influenced the creation of this custom ability was the fact that Zoroark had to distinguish itself well enough from Mega Meowstic-M and Mega Thievul if people want to use it. As a reminder, Meowstic-M is a pretty strong, physical Pokémon relying on its wide range of utility dark moves. Mega Thievul, on the other hand, is more of a special attacker and has access to Nasty Plot.

2) Strategy
Uncanny allows the user to punish set-up sweepers as it's almost always going to outspeed the opponent, unless the latter has Choice Scarf or an ability that prevents Speed reduction, like Clear Body. Unlike Ditto (which usually holds a Choice item), you are free to chose any move you want. But you have to make sure that your "disguise" won't get destroyed, otherwise the user reverts back to its original form.
However, you can make use of Parting Shot to reactivate the ability and/or get out of an uncomfortable situation. You can also make use of Moonlight to make sure Zoroark can stay much longer throughout the game to use its ability. There's also the possibility to run some additional utility moves like Pursuit to trap certain targets after getting hit by them. For instance, if Zoroark transforms into Alakazam during switch-in and gets hit by it, you can now trap it!

Since Zoroark mostly relies on the power of the opponent's Pokémon, you can fully invest into its Speed and HP to better take hits if you want. Or you can run a fast, offensive EV spread and use Zoroark's transformation defensively to take a hit and threaten the opposing Pokémon. For instance, Zoroark could switch into Landorus-T and lower its Atk to take less damage from Stone Edge. Once the transformation is over, you can now threaten it with Hidden Power Ice, which you couldn't do so easily before due to Zoroark's bad defensive stats.

Unless I suddenly come up with some ideas, I'm probably going to pass on Delphox and Alolan-Ninetales.

I finally have some ideas for this slate after who knows how long lol

:delphox:
Mega Delphox
New Ability
: Vortex of Visions (When this Pokemon uses Mystical Fire, the opponent is afflicted with the status "Vortex of Visions" (more information below). If a Pokemon has this ability, Mystical Fire has its Base Power increased to 90.
At the end of every turn, the opponent's Special Attack and Special Defense is reduced by 1 stage. This Pokemon cannot retreat when afflicted by this status unless it uses a self-switching move or the opponent uses a phasing move on it.
Type: Fire / Psychic

New stats:
HP: 72
Attack: 99 (+30)
Defense: 72
Special Attack: 144 (+30)
Special Defense: 140 (+40)
Speed: 104
(BST: 634 (+100))

New moves: Let’s not make this too powerful, shall we?
Description:
Competitive:
Massive Special Attack and Special Defense makes for a steamroller of a Pokemon. Combined with good Speed and an ability that’s capitalizes on that and you’ve got an absolute beast. It also has good coverage in Dazzling Gleam and dual STAB. Unfortunately, it’s reliance on Solar Beam to cover its common weaknesses and frail physical defenses forces it to rely on team support to reliably function.
Thought process behind it’s creation:
So I originally wanted to create a Pokemon similar to Ash-Greninja (like, seriously GameFreak, be consistent in creating Pokemon! Where is Serena-Delphox and Clemont-Chesnaught?) but had doubts about its potential brokenness. Nevertheless, the stat boosts are similar to Ash-Greninja, with +50 to its Special stats (since Delphox is specially-oriented, unlike Ash-Greninja’s mixed orientation) while also adding +10 to its Speed (like Greninja). I wanted to give it an ability that would mimic Choice Specs (since that’s the most commonly run item on Ash-Greninja) but a Gorrila Tactics clone would definitely not be a good choice. I next tried to take it in a different direction, one that relies on its Speed to score KOes, but after consulting with other people, the ability appeared to be too powerful. This current rendition plays with its signature move (which got redistributed >:(), akin to how Battle Bond buffs Water Shuriken.
Lore:
“Mega evolution unlocks Delphox’s hidden Psychic mastery, allowing it far greater control and power of its Psychic-type moves, and can predict the future to a startlingly accurate degree. It’s ravenous and bloody temperament on the battlefield is frightening.”
(Credits to BitBitio (for pointing out to me it’s brokenness! I have nerfed it accordingly :)) and DrPumpkinz )

:zoroark:
Mega Zoroark
New Ability
: Horrific Illusions (The horror of this Pokémon’s illusions reduces the effectiveness of Fairy-type moves. This Pokemon takes 3/4 (25%) damage from Fairy-type moves.)
Type: Dark

New stats:
Attack: 150 (+45)
Defense: 70 (+10)
Special Attack: 150 (+30)
Special Defense: 70 (+10)
Speed: 110 (+5)
(BST: 610 (+100))

New moves: nope
Description:
Competitive
Immensely strong attacking stats makes for an immensely strong mixed attacker, functioning perfectly fine on either offensive, specially offensive or mixed! Coupled with powerful Fire, Fighting, Psychic and Ghost coverage and loss of weakness to Fairy makes for a powerful sweeper! Unfortunately, this comes at a downside: your coverage depends greatly on what set you wish to run, with Fighting-, Psychic- and Fire-type coverage only available on special sets (which has slightly inferior stats) and Ghost-type coverage on physical sets, while running mixed ensures less damage output in at least one of the stats. In addition, it’s low defenses cause it to be easily revenge-killed by priority, although it’s high speed will make it harder to be revenge-killed without priority. Nevertheless, Zoroark’s immense sweeping potential coupled with Eerie Terrain will make this a beast of a Pokemon to deal with.
Lore
"Upon Mega Evolving, Zoroark's illusory powers have grown out of its control, spreading and seeping all over the battlefield and transforming it into a nightmarish hellscape. Zoroark constantly battles the darkness that seeks to control it, giving it much pain and agony."

Do tell me if my subs are too powerful!

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

New Ability: Purple Veil (This Pokémon gets warned, when the opponent has a poison move. If that's the case the users screen moves became a "Purple Veil" instead. When the opponent doesn't have a poison move, the screen moves become unchanged)
Purple Veil protects the users side from upcoming Poison type attack and heals 25% of their maximum HP instead. If the Pokémon is already poisoned, they heal the amount of HP, they would normally loose. Lasts 5 Turns, can be extended by Light Clay
Type:

New Stats:
HP: 73 => 73 (+0)
Atk: 67 => 77 (+10)
Def: 75 => 85 (+10)
SpA: 81 => 121 (+40)
SpD: 100 => 120 (+20)
Spe: 109 => 129 (+20)
BST: 505 => 605

New moves:
Description:
"We hide behind the Purple Veil."
"Purple Veil" might seem like a situational ability and it is, but a lot of the good and useful Megas are Nidoqeen, Garbodor, Toxtricity and Dragalge with regular poisons like Nidoking, Slowking-G and Toxapex. If those running around, it would be nice to have somekind of protection against them. Ninetales outruns all of them and can set up Purple Veil in front of them without fearing much. In a match-up where you don't need the Veil, you can stay as regular Alolan Ninetales and you can set-up Aurora Veils. The only problem is that you don't have light clay and you miss a different Mega.

Calm Mind Set-up
Ninetales-Alola @ Ninetalite
Ability: Purple Veil
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
- Aurora Veil
- Nasty Plot

New Ability: Magic Trick (Summons Magic Room for 5 Turns)
Type:

New Stats:
HP: 75 => 75 (+0)
Atk: 69 => 109 (+40)
Def: 72 => 82 (+10)
SpA: 114 => 124 (+10)
SpD: 100 => 120 (+20)
Spe: 104 => 124 (+20)
BST: 534 => 634

New moves: Hex
Description: "Why you gotta be so rude?"
Negating items goes a long way. You can ignore the speed of choice scarfed and also the recovery of leftovers and black sludge. Getting rid of Assault Vest, Heavy-Duty-Boots and Rocky Helmet is no joke either. The drawback of this is that your own items get negated as well, which is admittedly bad, but it can be helpful to ignore Life Orb recoil or being choice locked.

Calm Mind Set-up
Delphox @ Delphoxite
Ability: Magic Trick
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind

:bw/zoroark:
New Ability: Trickery (Upon entry, the Pokémon swaps the highest stat of the opponent with its own. In Double Battles it targets the ally.)
Type:

New Stats:
HP: 60 => 60 (+0)
Atk: 105 => 130 (+25)
Def: 60 => 80 (+20)
SpA: 120 => 145 (+25)
SpD: 60 => 80 (+20)
Spe: 105 => 115 (+10)
BST: 510 => 610

New moves: Psyshock, Trick, Psychic, Zen Headbutt, Transform
Description: "No, he can't read my Poker Face."
With this ability you have the potential to mess up any offensive or defensive mon. It's a bit match-depended since a physical set would have easily defeated Blissey without the SpDef swap. Either you can really change how an interaction plays out. As I said Defensive mons can get screwed over a swap with its best defensive stat. Unevolved Ash-Greninja gets outsped and slow wall breakers can potentially loose their most dangerous battle.

Physical Pivot
Zoroark @ Zoroarite
Ability: Trickery
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

Nasty Plot Set-up
Zoroark @ Zoroarite
Ability: Trickery
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Last edited:
1611485106339.png

Zoroark-Mega
Type:
Dark
Ability
: Hallucinate
This pokemon's Dark-type moves will be 2x in power, and all moves will be 100% accurate, if used against a target that is under the effects of Taunt, Torment, Encore and Confusion; or flinched in the same turn. Immunity to Intimidate.

New Moves: Flatter, Dynamic Punch, Iron Tail, Confuse Ray, Darkest Lariat.

ATK: 135 (+30)
DEF: 60 (-)
SPA: 135 (+15)
SPD: 90 (+30)
SPE: 130 (+25)

Description: Zoroark's Dex entries states that they generate strong illusions to protect it's pack. Uppon Mega Evolving, it would made it enemies to hallucinate, gaining the ability to be more effective against foes that are mentally unstable, under it's hallucination.

Uses: It's main role is as a stall breaker. Taunting blobs, immunity to prankster and intimidate, confusing/encoring setup and then using boosted stab moves, in top of having Nasty Plot and SD. It also has use in Doubles, where it can use boosted moves in targets that were faked out. However, is really frail in the physical side and can suffers from 4MSS.

Well thats it. Later i'll come up with something to ATales and Delphox.

Last edited:
z1.gif

Mega-Zoroark

New Ability:
Hallucinating Jaw
This Pokemon bite-based attacks have 1.3x power and a 50% chance of confusing the opponent.

Typing: Dark/Poison

New Stats:
Health:
Attack: 120 (+15)
Defense: 110 (+50)
Special Attack: 105 (-15)
Special Defense: 79 (+19)
Speed: 136 (+31)

New Moves: Crunch, Psychic Fangs, Fire Fang, Poison fang.

Description:
1) Concept:
At first I was trying to make a special magic-absorbing Zoroark way bulkier but half done I realized that as much as a magic user/reality warper Zoroark is, it didn't make much sense thematically so I dropped it. But then I started looking at the original megas and tought how simple yet unique some of them are, so I put all of the convoluted Illusion-esque ideas aside for the ability and pictured a giant mawed venomous Zoroark just bitting and confusing everyting (Kinda like Mega-Mawille + the confusing part) and I think it fits right, Mega-Zoroark becomes bigger, tougher, and more aggressive, it's bite gets like venomous which makes its victims hallucinate. Never to touch magic again, Mega-Zoroark goes in for the kill with it's giant venomous bite.

2) Competitive Aspect: Mega-Zoroark is well, aggresive by nature, yet the added physicall bulk helps it a lot surviving neutral hits. The strategy with M-Zoroark can be switch in, bamboozle with Illusion as you set up a Swords Dance, Mega-Evolve then BAM! if you don't OH-KO pray for the confusion to not get killed by a random Earthquake. Note that only the moves that can cause the confusion part of the ability are bitting moves, that way is prevented to sucker punch a +6 boosted dragonite, confuse it and watch it die as it hits itself. With a much better typing defensively, not being weak to fairy and fighting with the tools in Stab Poison Fang and Psychic Fangs to hit them back, M-Zoroark can serve as pivot with amazing offenses yet a valuable defensive merit.

I don't think I'm going to propose a Delphox and a A-Ninetales but that can change in the future!

Last edited:
:Delphox: Mega Delphox
Type:

Ability: Kiln (This pokemon burns pokemon that attempt to switch out while it's on the field not on the turn it's switching in)
New Stats:
HP: 75 => 75 (+0)
Atk: 69 => 80 (+11)
Def: 72 => 112 (+40)
SpA: 114 => 140 (+26)
SpD: 100 => 123 (+23)
Spe: 104 => 104
BST: 534 => 634

Flavor: Mega Delphox's stick twists and grows, the red fur in its ears turn into lava and ooze out of its ears, seeping to the ground. Her eyes hollow out the irises become white. Mega Delphox, despite its eerie nature, just wants to hug things. Unfortunately, it usually burns them to a crisp.
Description: Behold, a cool pokemon! A kiln is something that hardens pottery I think, and I thought that it would be a cool take on Delphox to have it burn things severely. Delphox has wish, and this helps it capitalize on its access to the dank move by shutting down physical attackers with its ability, and special attackers with mystical fire. It still has pretty severe weaknesses - like an awkwardly balanced stat spread - and it gets shut down by some of the most common attacking types in the game being water, ground, and dark. With that being said, with proper team support, I can see this thing burning down teams ;). I don't really expect this to win, haven't participated in one of these for a while and I'm rusty. Nonetheless...enjoy!

Last edited:
Guess who's back. Back again.

Mega Delphox

delphox.gif

Type:
fire.png
/
psychic.png

Ability: Blaze/Magician --> Immolation (Fire type moves used by this pokemon restore 50% of the damage dealt. Residual damage caused by fire-type attacks restore 100% of the damage dealt.)

Stats:

Attack: 69 -> 69 (+0)
Defense: 72 -> 100 (+28)
SpAtk: 114 -> 152 (+38)
SpDef: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Speed: 104 -> 118 (+14)

New Moves: Expanding Force, Earth Power, Tri Attack, Taunt

Description: So. Delphox doesn't have a lot of entries, but its Y entry states:
y entry.png

I mean like, this thing burns everything with magical fire using its psychic powers. Immolation is an act of sacrificial through fire and sacrificing can sometimes be spiritual. If a god is receiving someone through sacrifice there's gotta be some type of shenanigans going on right? Is it just me? am I ignorant? Anyway delphox does a lot with magic and flames. Immolation is a lot of flames and not specifically magic is involved but yeah. So why does the ability "Immolation" restore health? because you sacrifice the target to yourself to regain strength. Competitively delphox can sort of stall with its fire attacks. Will-O-Wisp and Fire Spin act as fire type leech seeds for delphox so you could stack them together to recover more health. With earth power and or hidden power delphox can counter ground types, fire types or basically anything that stands in its way. This also gives it more coverage for a specs move-set. It also gets expanding force now, how lovely.

Mega Alolan-Ninetales

nin.gif

Type:
ice.png
/
fairy.png

Ability: Snow Cloak/Snow Warning --> Vehement Frost (This Pokémon's ice-type moves lower the opponent's speed by 1.)

Stats:

Attack: 67 -> 67 (+0)
Defense: 75 -> 110 (+35)
SpAtk: 81 -> 121 (+40)
SpDef: 100 -> 110 (+10)
Speed: 109 -> 124 (+15)

New Moves: Ice Burn, Moonlight, Burning Jealousy. (Burning Jealousy is the only fire move that isn't really fire related. I wanted to try it here, if its too strong for ninetales I'll remove it.)

Description: I'm keeping this one kinda short. Basically, Ninetales is the embodiment of a hailstorm, because everywhere it goes it brings a blizzard with it, But Regice already has snow warning so now I bring you Vehement Frost. It lowers opponents speed by 1 when hitting them with an ice move. This allows nintetales to encourage wise switch-ins, as you can go for something like Ice Beam or Freeze Dry to lower the targets speed then finish them off with a stronger or same attack.

Mega Zoroark

zor.gif

Type:
dark.png

Ability: Illusion --> Bamboozle (Stat changes made by the user or opponent are received by the opposite side, in doubles only zoroark and whoever its facing/targeting are affected)

Stats:

Attack: 105 -> 130 (+25)
Defense: 60 -> 70 (+10)
SpAtk: 120 -> 140 (+20)
SpDef: 60 -> 75 (+15)
Speed: 105 -> 135 (+30)

New Moves: Flatter, Instruct, Poison Jab

Description: I couldn't come up with anything else so here we are. So zoroark is known for trickery and more specifically illusions, but its hard to come up with another illusory based ability when Illusion exists so I thought to myself. "What if there was an ability that swapped stat changes?" That's how I made bamboozle. You can steal pretty much anything you want at the cost of not being able to boost your own offenses. But since zoroark's offenses are usually pretty high you don't need to. If you feel like the opponent will go for a setup move you can use instruct to gain a double boost.

Attachments

Last edited:
Ninetails-Alola-Mega
New Ability: Guardian of the Mountains: If hail is active and mega Alolan Ninetails is active, the hail can't end or be swapped and mega Alolan Nintails does 1.3x more damage
New Stats:
HP: 73 → 73 (+00)
Attack: 67 → 67 (+00)
Defense: 75 → 105 (+20)
Special Attack: 81 → 131 (+50)
Special Defense: 100 → 110 (+10)
Speed: 109 → 129 (+20)
(BST: 505 → 605)

Movepool Additions: Wish, Moonlight.

Description:
I like this ability because Alolan Ninetails was once worshiped as a deity of the mountains. It also allows it to switch in, set up hail, then mega evolve which gives it an almost guaranteed set up of aurora veil (because it is extremely fast and the hail weather can't be changed while it is active). The stat spread allows Alolan Ninetails to hit very hard as well as take a few hits. Counters would be things that can outspeed and K.O. it like Dragapult, Spectrier, and Tapu Koko. As well as steel types that can probably take its STABS and hit it with 4x super effective damage. This gives ninetails effectively 2 sets.

Offensive
Alolan Ninetails@(Insert Mega Stone Here)
- Aurora Veil/Nasty Plot
- Blizzard/Ice Beam/Freeze Dry
- Moonblast
- Psyshock/HP Fire

Support
Alolan Ninetails@(Insert Mega Stone Here)
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze Dry/Moonblast
- Moonlight/Wish
- Protect/HP Fire/Calm Mind/Hypnosis/Heal Bell/Encore

A bunch of people have had ideas for hail variants or abilities that disable non-hail weathers, but for some reason no one has noticed the blindingly obvious option that's been staring everyone directly in the face.

:ss/ninetales-alola:
Mega Alolan Ninetales
Type:
Ice / Fairy
Ability: Everlasting Winter (Primordial Hail) Clarifying edit: does not actually have any different effects to regular hail; it just can't be replaced and clears when Alolatales leaves
Stats:
HP: 73​
Att: 67​
Def: 115 (+40)​
SpA: 81​
SpD: 130 (+30)​
Spe: 139 (+30)​

Alolan Ninetales' primary role, the thing it's most well known for, is setting Aurora Veil. Problem is, we now have Mega Regice, an insanely bulky behemoth who is much more consistent at setting Veil and almost singlehandedly made Hail teams viable. So what to do?

Well, what are the shortcomings of regular Alolatales as a Veil setter? Its speed is good but not outstanding, and the same can be said for its bulk, so it's not particularly hard to prevent it from doing its job via offensive pressure. Okay, we can just increase its speed and bulk. That's pretty easy.

It also relies on Snow Warning to do its job. Now obviously yes, Snow Warning is precisely what allows it to perform so well as a Veil setting in the first place, but it's not without downsides. If the opponent has a weather setter of their own, they can block Alolatales from setting Veil every time if it's not running Hail (the move). Additionally, while Aurora Veil is insanely powerful and useful, Hail (the weather) is not, and Veil abusers often just have to accept the chip damage as a tradeoff for instant dual screens.

Both of the problems with Snow Warning are solved with Everlasting Winter. With its combination of great speed, fine bulk, and unreplacable Hail, it's very hard for Alolatales' opponent to stop it from setting up its Veil, and its team mates can reap all the benefits of Veil without suffering the annoying Hail damage.

Last edited:
Delphox-Mega
Type:
Fire/Psychic
Ability: Prophet's Wand
Mega Delphox imbues it's wand with magic received by the Oracles, and embraces nature's whisdom.

Delphox's wand will gather evil energy directed to her or allies and purify it to use against it's agressor.

This pokemon draws in and absorbs dark-type moves. The attacker will have it's speed, attack and special attack lowered by 1 stage. Immunity to Dark-type moves.

New moves: Aura Sphere, Expanding Force, Discharge, Burning Jealousy

Stats
ATK: 69 (-)
DEF: 94 (+22)
SPA: 148 (+34)
SPD: 132 (+32)
SPE: 116 (+12)

Delphox is based, among other things, in the Delphic Oracle, dedicated to Apollo (God of the sun and prophets, greek/roman mythology).

If your team struggles with dark types, or you just want to avoid annoying knock offs, call Mega Delphox. It can even use the oportunity to set up, since the enemy is debilitated by the stat drops!

That's it, i'm not going for ATales. Thx guys.

Last edited:
alright here's my go at it!

:delphox:
fire/psychic

stats
hp- 75
atk- 69
def- 72(+20)>92
spa- 114(+33)>147
spd- 100(+30)>130
spe- 104(+17)>121

ability: Magical Focus- on switch in/mega evolving, accuracy is increased by 1.5 until hit with a physical move

new moves: expanding force, moonblast, disable, inferno

:ninetales-alola:
ice/fairy

stats
hp- 73
atk- 67(+2)>69
def- 75(+20)>95
spa- 81(+40)>121
spd- 100(+25)>125
spe- 109(+13)>122

ability: Borealis Aura- after using an ice type move mega alolan ninetales attempts to use aurora veil

new moves: psychic, shadow ball

:zoroark:
dark

stats
hp- 60
atk- 105(+5)>110
def- 60(+25)>85
spa- 120(+10)>130
spd- 60(+45)>105
spe- 105(+15)>120

ability: Intimidate

new moves: parting shot, mystical fire, moonblast, psychic

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
:ss/zoroark:
Mega Zoroark
Type:
Dark ---> Dark / Psychic
Ability: Illusion ---> Tormenting Visions: Sets the field effect Illusive Fog
On the side of the field Illusive Fog is set, all Pokemon appear to be the Pokemon that set Illusive Fog until it takes direct damage. Lasts for 3 turns. Can be cleared by Defog.
Stats:
HP:
Atk: 105 ---> 120 (+15)
Def: 60 ---> 75 (+15)
SpA: 120 ---> 135 (+15)
SpD: 60 ---> 75 (+15)
Spe: 105 ---> 145 (+40)
Movepool Additions: Parting Shot

Description: Didn't wanna do a straight upgrade of Illusion, so I thought an Illusion-based field effect would be funny. The field effect might be quite powerful, but Zoroark itself is still kinda weak, its new typing not really helping it out. Zoroark already has U-turn, but Parting Shot lets it pivot without taking Helm/Barbs/Rough Skin chip.

:ss/delphox:
Mega Delphox
Type:
Fire/Psychic ---> Fire/Psychic
Ability: Blaze / Magician ---> Foreseeing Flames | Fire-type moves have +1 priority and x0.75 power (if they have a base power)
HP: 79
Atk: 69 ---> 69
Def: 72 ---> 92 (+20)
SpA: 114 ---> 159 (+45)
SpD: 100 ---> 135 (+35)
Spe: 104 ---> 104
Movepool Additions: Recover

Description: Delphox's Pokedex entry talks about it being be able to see the future with its flames, so I gave it priority moves. It can be a revenge killer, sweeper, or mess around with priority Wisp.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 4)