Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

I’m back, now with some submissions that are at least slightly interesting.
:eelektross:
Mega Eelektross

Typing: Electric

New Ability: Charged Atmosphere (As long as this ability is in play, all Electric-Type moves have perfect accuracy when it is raining.)

New Moves: Weather Ball, Scald

HP: 85 - - >85
Atk: 115 - - >115 (unchanged)
Def: 80 - - >100 (+20)
SpA: 105 - - >145 (+40)
Def: 80 - - >100 (+20
Spe: 50 - - >70 (+20)
BST: 515 - - >615 (+100)

Haha Zap Cannon go brrr. Mega Eelektross charges the air around it with electricity, so that if it uses an Electric-Type move while it is raining, the charged raindrops conduct the electricity, spreading the area of effect so that the move is much more likely to hit its target. So now it can use Zap Cannon a lot, without having to use Coil a few times to boost its accuracy. It is now a special attacker so that it can make full use of its decent special movepool, and it gets some special water moves to take advantage of the pseudo-STAB that Rain gives to Water-Type moves.It also already gets Rain Dance, meaning that it can set its own weather if it wants, but I think it would be much better off paired with a Drizzle user.

(science junk: while pure water is a bad conductor, water is basically never pure, as it always has tiny amounts of other minerals and stuff that it has dissolved, which turn it into a good conductor. Any water that you find in nature, including rainwater, will be a good conductor.)

:dragalge:
Mega Dragalge

Typing: Poison/Dragon

New Ability: Toxic Scales (Poison Point but better. 50% chance that an enemy making contact with this Pokémon will be badly poisoned.)

New Move: Recover

HP: 65 - - >67
Atk: 75 - - >75 (unchanged)
Def: 90 - - >110 (+20)
SpA: 97 - - >147 (+50)
SpD: 123 - - >123 (unchanged)
Spe: 44 - - >74 (+30)
BST: 494 - - >594 (+100)

Don’t touch this thing. No, seriously, don’t. Giving it Recover lets it do some horrible stall things, probably. It can also run Venoshock, but I think it probably prefers Sludge Wave or Sludge Bomb. Being Poison-Type also makes it immune to being poisoned, which helps it out in general. It also has Flip Turn to pivot out if it needs to.

Ema Skye

Work!
:dragalge: Mega Dragalge
New Ability
: Rootbound (Thick Fat clone; halves damage from Ground and Ice moves)
Type: Poison/Dragon

New stats:
HP: 65
Attack: 75
Defense: 90 --> 130 (+40)
Special Attack: 97 --> 137 (+40)
Special Defense: 123 --> 163 (+40)
Speed: 44 --> 24 (-20)
(594 BST)

New moves: Recover
Description: While weaker than Adaptability variants, Mega Dragalge plays to its strengths as a bulky pivot. Thematically, it's now fully imitating seaweed by lodging itself into rock beds, reducing its ability to move. Recover, Flip Turn and Toxic Spikes give it lots to work with in this role, and it has enough firepower that it isn't passive. The ability limits its weaknesses to just Psychic and Dragon, which makes it easier to play in battle as both are rare coverage moves so you can fairly easily anticipate them. As a balancing tactic, it is so slow that it's always going to be taking hits, meaning it will need to Recover often.

:Eelektross:

Ability: Lazy River - Upon switch in, the pokemon sets the terrain effect "Lazy River," which heals all non-water pokemon by 1/16th their hp, all water pokemon by 1/8th at the end of each turn, and halves the damage of ground type attacks, for 5 turns (boosted by light clay for trace, etc)
New stats:
HP: 85 -> 85
Attack: 115
Defense: 80 -> 110 (+30)
Special Attack: 105 -> 110 (+5)
Special Defense: 80 -> 130 (+50)
Speed: 50 -> 65 (+15)
New Moves: Surf, Liquidation
Set Description: This slimy mega has the cool distinction of being the only pokemon in the game that can set the "lazy river" field effect. However, this field effect can be abused by both sides, but Eelektross is going to get big benefits from this ability. For starters, it now technically takes neutral damage from ground type attacks, but that is only as long as lazy river is activated. In addition, it is able to heal in amounts equivalent to Toxic Orb Gliscor. Due to the near equal stats of attack and special attack MEel carries, it is able to run both physical and special sets. If, let's say, you want to set up lazy river for another pokemon, then a physical eel can uturn and a special eel can volt switch. The thing also gets crazy coverage moves. All in all, I think this could be a very fun staple of bulkier teams, as it is a great way to help pokemon - such as Suicune - that are very bulky but do not get good recovery moves. The Eel also has the potential to be a pretty potent offensive option based on its pretty cool stats. Enjoy!

:Dhelmise:

Ability: Kelpless (This pokemon's grass type moves have the "shell-side arm" effect, where they hit the opponent on their weaker defense stat).
New stats:
HP: 70 -> 70
Attack: 131 -> 145 (+14)
Defense: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Special Attack: 85 -> 111 (+26)
Special Defense: 75
Speed: 40 -> 80 (+40)
New Moves: None
Set Descrption: I bring to you, enhanced Dhelmise. Dhelmise has 2 main roles on a team, a niche rapid spinner, and a stronk boi. This idea attempts to capitalize off the latter. By increasing his attack stat and speed stat significantly, Dhelmise is able to rock the old faithful swords dance stabs set, with the added bonus of power whip now crushing certain defensive walls by hitting on the other side. In addition, buffing its defense lets it viably run body press in a more defensive set. Synthesis is another option on this strong thing, as it can live a few hits and is now faster than some pokemon that checked it before. All in all, this anchor will hopefully provide a needed anchor to your MFA team if it's selected! Enjoy!

:Dragalge:

Ability: Methodical (For every 2 turns this pokemon does not use an attacking move, its defense is increased by 1 stage. Counter resets upon switching out or using an attacking move).
New Stats:
Attack: 75 -> 100 (+25)
Defense: 90 -> 130 (+40)
Special Attack: 97 ->122 (+25)
Special Defense: 123
Speed: 44 -> 50 (+10)
New Moves: Recover, Will-o-wisp
Description: Muah hahaha, another bulky mega created by me! This mega is designed around using status moves and recovery moves as much as possible. Usually, stall/bulky pokemon like that get worse the longer they stay on the field, as PP depletes. However, the longer Dragalge can be on the field, the stronger it gets. I thought this was a unique way to make a mega, and other than that, it's pretty simple. I hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
:sm/eelektross:
:eelektross:Eelektross-Mega
Electric-->Electric/Steel
Levitate-->Power Grid (For every non-fainted Electric or Steel type on this Pokemon's team (excluding Eelektross itself), the BP of its Electric moves increases by 15.)
New Stats: 85/130/95/130/95/80
HP: 85-->85 (+0)
Attack: 115-->130 (+15)
Defense: 80-->95 (+15)
Special Attack: 105-->130 (+25)
Special Defense: 80-->95 (+15)
Speed: 50-->80 (+30)
Total: 515-->615 (+100)
New Moves: Ice Punch, Scald

Description: Eelektross goes on the grid! With a new ability in Power Grid enabling it to fire off incredibly strong STAB moves, it can act as an extremely powerful wallbreaker for teams under the right circumstances. However, the main balancing factor that keeps this in check is a few things: One, the fact that in teambuilding with Eelektross, your team becomes phenomenally weak to Ground types- While Eelektross has some coverage that can handle these, it can only catch them on the switch before they threaten it with an OHKO thanks to Eelektross' new typing taking it from immune to 4x weak to Ground. Eelektross' speed tier is also a disappointment- every single Scarfer, and most offensive Pokemon can outspeed it and KO, especially since not only does its typing leave it vulnerable to common attacking types to Fire, Fighting, and Ground, but also its defenses are only decent, meaning that it must choose between being bulky or fast, and given that Eelektross lacks recovery and is thus prone to being worn down, it usually shouldn't invest in defenses and thus is even easier to take down! As a result, its nuclear power under the right circumstances let it pressure any target that it can outspeed, and nothing but immunities can switch in (which admittedly are fairly common). So all in all, Eelektross is a balanced wallbreaker that can be a great asset to any team, but with some crucial balancing factors that keep it in check. (It also has no way to hit other Electric types.)

:sm/dragalge:
:dragalge: Dragalge-Mega
Poison/Dragon (unchanged)
Poison Point/Adaptability/Poison Touch-->Stretchy Seaweed* (Download semi-clone. This Pokemon's stats change on entry based on its opponent- If the opponent is faster than Dragalge, Dragalge's Defense and Special Defense are both raised by one stat stage. If the opponent is slower, Dragalge's Attack and Special Attack are both raised by one stat stage. If the opponent and Dragalge speed tie, Dragalge's speed is raised by one stat stage.)
New Stats: 65/75/120/111/123/100
HP: 65-->65 (+0)
Attack: 75-->75 (+0)
Defense: 90-->120 (+30)
Special Attack: 97-->111 (+14)
Special Defense: 123-->123 (+0)
Speed: 44-->100 (+56)
Total: 494-->594 (+100)
New Moves: Pain Split

Description: I wanted to make a flexible and strong attacking pivot, and to improve upon what Dragalge already accomplishes. I like the utility of the ability as it allows Dragalge to deal with many situations using its great typing and stats to manage it. Pain Split is a balanced recovery option that utilizes Dragalge's low HP, although it could be changed to Recover if people think this iteration is underpowered.
Edit: I thought I should add that the stat spread is optimized the take advantage of the ability. 100 is a common speed tier, so the speed tie happens pretty often, actually! It also is very middle of the road in terms of speed, meaning that it gets both offense and defense boosts pretty evenly. All in all, this allows Dragalge to be very flexible and well rounded- switch in on a wall, you become a wallbreaker! Switch in on an offensive Pokémon, you become a wall! And you win speed ties handily! That’s why I chose this stat spread- well rounded and capable of getting different boosts for different situations.
*Help Stretchy Seaweed is a terrible name and I couldn't think of something better
Edit 2: edited in Dhelmise for convenience
:sm/dhelmise:
:dhelmise:Dhelmise-Mega
Ghost/Grass->Ghost/Steel
Steelworker->Decelerate (Speed Boost semi-clone, lowers Speed by one stage and raises Attack by one at the end of every turn.)
New Stats: 70/140/100/86/100/121
HP: 70->70 (+0)
Attack: 131->140 (+9)
Defense: 100->100 (+0)
Special Attack: 86->86 (+0)
Special Defense: 90->100 (+10)
Speed: 40->121 (+81)
Total: 517->617 (+100)
New Moves: Shadow Sneak

C’mon guys, it’s an anchor.
Decelerate is back. Once again, it starts out super fast—yet before long, it slows down and boosts up. This allows it to act as a powerful revenge killer at first, and turn by turn, becomes a bulky wallbreaker. Held back by eh bulk and lacking initial power. TLDR; perfect flavor, fun wallbreaker/revenge killer. What more do you need?

Last edited:
:ss/eelektross:
New Ability: Insulation (Reduces the power of
/
type attacks by 0.5x and prevents the user from being phased)
Type:

New stats: 85 HP / 145 Atk (+30) / 110 Def (+30) / 145 SpA (+40) / 80 SpD / 50 Spe (615 BST)
New moves:
Gyro Ball
Fire Blast
Curse, Spikes, Pain Split
Description: Eelektross has always been a somewhat one-dimensional Pokémon. You chuck it in on a Ground-type move, when you've gotten rid of your Electric immunity, and usually you run Volt Switch to gain momentum. Pretty boring. It doesn't hit very hard, and its only STAB relies on you getting rid of any Electric immunities, meaning it's usually meant to be used mid-to-late game. It could use some breaking power. That's where this mega comes in. It gains another STAB, this time with a generally more useful type,
. Combined with 145 in each attacking stat, it can chunk the opponent considerably with either Fire Punch or Fire Blast. You might be thinking why would I run Punch when I have Blast? Well, the answer is Curse. This Pokémon is free to set up without getting phased thanks to Insulation. What that means is, you can keep hitting Curse on a Physical attacker and, aided by your weakening of two SE move types, you can quickly increase your staying power when running a combination of Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, and/or Gyro Ball. 2 of the 3; why 2 of the 3? Because you'll need Pain Split for longevity. However, let's say you want to run a Special set. Nothing's stopping you from slapping on Spikes to that set. Imo it really doesn't belong on the Physical set.
Eelektross @ Eelektrinite
Ability: Levitate (Mega Ability: Insulation)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Curse
- Gyro Ball
- Fire Punch
- Pain Split
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Discharge
- Spikes
- Volt Switch

Last edited:
Mega Dhelmise

Ability:
Steelworker -> Reanimate (Ghost-ate: all normal type moves become ghost type and have 1.2x power)
Typing: Ghost/Grass

Stats:
HP: 70
Atk: 131 -> 156 (+25)
Def: 100 -> 120 (+20)
SpA: 86 -> 101 (+15)
SpD: 90 -> 105 (+15)
Spe: 40 -> 65 (+25)
BST: 517 -> 617 (+100)

Flavour: WIP

Competitive: Mega Dhelmise has an interesting niche in being able to trap things as set up fodder for it to spam Ghost Rapid Spin to boost speed, before utilising a 122 BP Ghost STAB to smack its foes. 3 of its moves are guaranteed, being Anchor Shot/Rapid Spin/Return, however the last can be chosen out of Swords Dance or Synthesis. An interesting thing about this is that the only type immune to trapping - Ghost - is weak to this thing's Reanimate boosted Rapid Spins and Returns, meaning that they can't exactly come in to take an Anchor Shot and switch out again.

Hey, everyone!!! Sorry, I have had a bit going on lately - I apologize for not posting these sooner OTL

:ss/eelektross: Mega Eelektross
New Ability
: Eelectric Surge (Electric Surge + Swift Swim)
Type:
Wild Charge - Electric-type
Hydro Vortex - Water-type

New stats:
Attack: 115 -> 125 (+10)
Defense: 80 -> 80
Special Attack: 105 -> 105
Special Defense: 80 -> 110 (+30)
Speed: 50 -> 110 (+60)
New moves: Leech Life, Strength Sap
Hey! Uh, definitely no to this, sorry.
There is only one time a straight multiple-existing-Abilities-in-one has not been vetoed, and it was with DrPumpkinz's Gourgeist, so I think it's worth clarifying what the situation there actually was, haha.
Actually, DrPumpkinz specifically brought that up in the Discord to ask if it was okay, and he discussed it with me and made multiple adjustments from his original plan to keep it in line; he had made the choice to have multiple Abilities not for their competitive use, but primarily for the flavor that his Gourgeist was meant to be a "four-in-one," and he was careful to choose mostly underutilized Abilities and flavor Abilities and avoided making full use of the opportunity.
Both the fact that it was primarily driven by flavor (i.e. did not totally disregard the obvious flavor issue with having multiple Abilities but actually acknowledged them and made something of them) and the fact that he stayed away from conventionally relevant Abilities were very important to the decision to allow it.
In this case, that what you've done is instead combine two very role-defining Abilities that each define how a Pokémon is used and each make it worth consideration - and also go very well together as both a sweeper and a support for common Pokémon on rain teams - just feels... completely excessive and unnecessary.
In fairness, I don't think what you have here is broken and I'm not saying this because it needs to be nerfed, but an Ability like this definitely poses an optics issue and just seems unwarranted. I think it's always important to have in mind that not one of our custom Abilities so far is a straight upgrade of an existing Ability, and I definitely am not comfortable jumping from that to slapping two of the best Abilities on the same Pokémon at once.

Mega Eelektross
Ability:
Swift Swim
HP: 85
Atk: 115 ---> 85 (-30)
Def: 80 ---> 100 (+20)
SpA: 105 ---> 165 (+60)
SpD: 80 ---> 100 (+20)
Spe: 50 ---> 80 (+30)
Weight: 80.5 kg

New Moves
- Flip Turn, Ice Fang, Poison Fang, Psychic Fangs, Thunder Fang
- Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Rising Voltage, Scald, Surf
- Recover, Work Up

Description: Eelektross now acts as a threatening sweeper under Rain, being able to have access to great coverage in Water / Electric / Ice. This allows Rain teams to have a better matchup vs other weathers, such as Sun and Sand. Outside of this, it can act as a bulky setup sweeper due to the new move in Work Up. It can also act as a bulkier pivot with Volt Switch, Knock Off and Recover

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mega Dragalge
Ability:
Protean
Atk: 75 ---> 55 (-20)
Def: 90 ---> 120 (30)
SpA: 97 ---> 140 (43)
SpD: 123 ---> 170 (+47)
Spe: 50 ---> 50 (0)
Weight: 81.5 kg

New Moves
- Acid Spray, Aura Sphere
- Recover
Description: Dragalge is the bulky pivot. Flip Turn pivot, 3atks Recover or even bulky Toxic Spikes set are all viable. It has Protean due to the massive adaption it has done, and is able to utilize its offenses to the fullest now (and it's not the same lame ability hehe).
Hi! Sorry to bother you, but these actually don't follow the stat rules outlined in the first post - minmaxing Attack in this way isn't allowed for this slate. (You can find submission rules and guidelines in the first post!)
Would you be alright with taking those 30 points on Eelektross and those 20 points on Dragalge out of the other stats and putting them back into Attack?
I also am generally lenient on the new move rules and don't rrreally enforce them exactly as they're written, but I am definitely going to say that your Eelektross does not need 12 new moves and ask you to reconsider which ones are actually necessary.

Thaaat aside, there's another Protean Dragalge already that's been there since before yours - I know the post says it was edited, but there are timestamped screenshots on the Discord I feel obligated to show the timestamp so you can see that it really was there from the start and I can vouch that zxgzxg had that same sub at the time it was posted. Obviously it wasn't on purpose - it's a very fitting idea! I can believe that you thought of it without knowing - but as a matter of courtesy to zxgzxg, I'm not sure if I really recommend keeping it with that in mind. It's up to you, though! I won't stop you or veto it over that, since it's at least a common idea and I really don't think it was on purpose.

And on a similar note...

Mega Eelektross
Type: Electric/Dark
Ability: Lamprey Lock (when this pokemon hits its target with a bite move that makes contact the target gets trapped which will stay until Mega Eelektross switches out and drains their hp by 1/32 of their max hp.) (also I can remove the draining part if needed)

Hp: 85
Att: 115 -> 145 (+30)
Def: 80 -> 80
Spec Att: 105 -> 145 (+40)
Spec Def: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Sped: 50 -> 70 (+20)

New Moves: Leech Life, Psychic Fangs, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang

Summary: With Eelektross looking like a lamprey I decided to theme this pokemon around their bite which I went with locking on to the target. With its new ability it will grab the target and keep them in battle for if they have a bad match-up. I made it capable of being a special attacker along with being a good physical but it won't be as effective since its special moves don't make contact so they won't activate the ability. Leech life is there for some coverage. Psychic fangs and Ice Fang are there for some coverage that activates Lamprey Lock. Thunder fang is a stab move that can be used with Lamprey Lock.
... same thing here, actually - zxgzxg has had their Eelektross in its current state since 7:17 GMT (about three and a half hours before you), and it's really kind of the same thing. I would recommend dropping the 1/32 healing not for balance reasons that's barely any healing - kind of unrealistically small if anything but because it sort of steps on their toes without really needing it.

New Ability
: Rootbound (Thick Fat clone; halves damage from Ground and Ice moves)

New stats:
Attack: 75
Defense: 90 --> 130 (+40)
Special Attack: 97 --> 137 (+40)
Special Defense: 123 --> 163 (+40)
Speed: 44 --> 24 (-20)
(594 BST)

New moves: Recover
Description: While weaker than Adaptability variants, Mega Dragalge plays to its strengths as a bulky pivot. Thematically, it's now fully imitating seaweed by lodging itself into rock beds, reducing its ability to move. Recover, Flip Turn and Toxic Spikes give it lots to work with in this role, and it has enough firepower that it isn't passive. The ability limits its weaknesses to just Psychic and Dragon, which makes it easier to play in battle as both are rare coverage moves so you can fairly easily anticipate them. As a balancing tactic, it is so slow that it's always going to be taking hits, meaning it will need to Recover often.
Hi! A couple of people on the Discord have expressed concern about this one as well in terms of balance, and we've decided that we should probably veto it as well.
A comparison was made to Mega Venusaur - this has very similar physical bulk, but it's also noticeably better in its special bulk, its defensive type, its capacity for offensive pressure (Draco Meteor) and the utility it offers (pivoting, Toxic Spikes). This would probably be fine without Recover, though - the main issue is that, on top of everything else, Recover has twice the PP of Synthesis and is also not affected by weather, making it too much better at stalling and pretty significantly one-upping an already-OU-level Mega.
As far as possible alternatives, you could maybe try Pain Split or something that's worse than Synthesis? It definitely has enough in its favor to compensate for that, I think! This looks like it would be really cool to me in any case!!
That aside, you also break the stat rules by 10 points - even if you still want to lower Speed by 20 points, at least 10 of those should be thrown away into Attack rather than put straight into its other relevant stats. Again, the stat rules are in the first post if you need to look at them! C:

Ability: Kelpless (This pokemon's grass type moves have the "shell-side arm" effect, where they hit the opponent on their weaker defense stat).
New stats:
Attack: 131 -> 161 (+30)
Special Attack: 85 -> 95 (+10)
Set Descrption: I bring to you, enhanced Dhelmise. Dhelmise has 2 main roles on a team, a niche rapid spinner, and a stronk boi. This idea attempts to capitalize off the latter. By increasing his attack stat and speed stat significantly, Dhelmise is able to rock the old faithful swords dance stabs set, with the added bonus of power whip now crushing certain defensive walls by hitting on the other side. In addition, buffing its defense lets it viably run body press in a more defensive set. Synthesis is another option on this strong thing, as it can live a few hits and is now faster than some pokemon that checked it before. All in all, this anchor will hopefully provide a needed anchor to your MFA team if it's selected! Enjoy!
Lastly, I diiid bring this up on the Discord earlier and you did respond to part of it, so I think you know already and you might just not have gotten around to it, but just to make sure you didn't gloss over it, I feel like I should bring it up again to be safe!
I would prefer if you nerfed this one as well; I was pretty concerned by the Ability in conjunction with Swords Dance and Dhelmise's access to naturally high-BP moves with good coverage. As surprising as it might seem (I'm actually really shocked by how much of an impact this Ability makes in practice - I only even thought to double-check this one in the first place because we've had to veto another sub like it in the past), there are very few Pokémon this can't reliably one-hit KO at +2, and even fewer that don't have a high chance to be KOed after hazards or with prior chip. I think it would be pretty suffocating to stall in particular, since it can very cleanly cut through slower teams after a boost with basically no resistance.
Like I said on Discord, it's possible that I'm overlooking something - please let me know if there's something I missed that should keep it in check (or if you think I messed up my calcs or anything)! But yeah, I'm inclined to say no to this one as well as it is.

Thanks for understanding, everyone! Sorry if this is a bother;;
There are a lot of awesome subs this time around, too, though!!

There are about 14 hours left in the submission phase, but I'm also happy to add any of these to the voting compilation past that point if you happen to make the necessary changes later, so don't worry if you can't quite make it!

Last edited:
For Kelpless, I’m pretty sure the moves do not become a pseudo-Psyshock, but instead actually switch categories. So if something had lower Special Defense, it would only be hitting off of a base 95 special attack and not off of its 161 attack. Unless you already figured that and I’m utterly clueless.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
:dhelmise: Dhelmise Mega
New Ability: Lightning Rod
Type:

Stats: 70 / 141 (+10) / 160 (+60) / 106 (+20) / 100 (+10) / 40
New Moves: Taunt
Description: Trapping but you're a wall. Can create mindgames on wether you brought a Dhelmise-Mega or like a banded Dhelmise, you're getting trapped either way but you either get hit full force or die slowly. You have answers against both Volt Switch and Taunt. Still doesnt hit that hard tbh.

posting this on time for once!!!
For Kelpless, I’m pretty sure the moves do not become a pseudo-Psyshock, but instead actually switch categories. So if something had lower Special Defense, it would only be hitting off of a base 95 special attack and not off of its 161 attack. Unless you already figured that and I’m utterly clueless.
To clarify, I asked this on Discord already and Hematemesis confirmed that he intended for it to work as a pseudo-Psyshock, which is what I was taking into account in my response! (On that note, if it were like Shell Side Arm, it would be based on which would do more total damage, not which Defense was lower - it would never be doing less than a physical hit if that's what you're suggesting! It's not quite a Shell Side Arm clone anyway as Hematemesis intended it, but I felt that was a relevant note nonetheless.)
1605276861979.png
1605276898994.png
That said!! We did talk it over in the Discord, and this sub will be allowed in its latest iteration, both because it was nerfed somewhat in response to my concerns and because I seem to have been overestimating it a bit from the start (Dhelmise is kind of just already like that XP).

Slate 19 Voting

Once again, it's now time for the submission phase to close and the voting phase to begin! Thanks to everyone for submitting!!

:eelektross: Mega Eelektross
Eelektross
Electric
Speed boost
85, 125, 100, 135, 100, 70
+10, +20, +30, +20, +20
Liquidation
Eelek now get an much more snake-like appearance, and also becomes much quicker. its claws get sharper, and its teeth too.
:Eelektross: Mega Eelektross
New Ability
: Levitate
Type: Electric

New stats:
Attack: 115 -> 155 (+40)
Defense: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Special Attack: 105 -> 105
Special Defense: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Speed: 50 -> 90 (+40)
BST: 515 -> 615

New moves: Leech Life
Description: Mega Eelektross still retains its distinction as the only Pokemon with no weaknesses, but it can now use that distinction to its advantage thanks to its stat buffs that help it become a great Coil sweeper. 90 Speed allows it to outspeed a lot of Pokemon it couldn't have before, and that list includes a lot of wallbreakers. Leech Life provides it coverage for Grass-types while also acting as a source of HP recovery.
:ss/Eelektross:
Mega Eelektross
Typing:
Electric ---> Electric/Bug
Ability: Levitate ---> Leech Jaws | Draining moves trap and drain 1/16th of the target’s HP for 4-5 turns. (Think of it as a combination of Whirlpool + Leech Seed)
HP: 85 ---> 85
Atk: 115 ---> 140 (+25)
Def: 80 ---> 90 (+10)
SpA: 105 ---> 130 (+25)
SpD: 80 ---> 90 (+10)
Spe: 50 ---> 80 (+30)
Added Moves: Leech Life, Parabolic Charge, Taunt

Description: The Pokedex talks about how it drags prey into the ocean, so I thought Heatran-style stallbreaking would be a cool niche for this Pokemon. While its bulk is pretty unimpressive, as long as it’s trapping something, it can pretty much live forever.

Eelektross
Typing: Electric --> Electric / Poison
Ability: Levitate
Attack: 115 --> 115
Defense: 80 --> 105 (+25)
Sp. Atk: 105 --> 143 (+38)
Sp. Def: 80 --> 85 (+5)
Speed: 50 --> 82 (+32)

New moves: Sludge Bomb

Eelektross whole body is now poisonous because of its Mega-Evolution. Whether is it to adapt to better hunt preys too large for its fangs or to adapt to the filthier environment of cities is unknown but one thing is sure: Mega-Eelektros is a vicious predator, in the water and on the ground alike.

The new Poison type gives Eelektross some important resistances to Fairy, Fighting or Bug with little drawbacks. This Mega-Evolution is designed to be a strong pivot thanks to its great type, nice physical bulk and good all-around coverage between Flamethrower, Grass and of course its STABs. Its biggest downfall is the lack of set-up options outside of Charge Beam and no recovery. But thanks to its decent speed it can pick its counters by alternating between a speedy or a studier set.
Mega Eelektross
Type: Electric/Dark
Ability: Lamprey Lock (when this pokemon hits its target with a bite move that makes contact the target gets trapped which will stay until Mega Eelektross switches out.)

Hp: 85
Att: 115 -> 145 (+30)
Def: 80 -> 80
Spec Att: 105 -> 145 (+40)
Spec Def: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Sped: 50 -> 70 (+20)

New Moves: Leech Life, Psychic Fangs, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang

Summary: With Eelektross looking like a lamprey I decided to theme this pokemon around their bite which I went with locking on to the target. With its new ability it will grab the target and keep them in battle for if they have a bad match-up. I made it capable of being a special attacker along with being a good physical but it won't be as effective since its special moves don't make contact so they won't activate the ability. Leech life is there for some coverage. Psychic fangs and Ice Fang are there for some coverage that activates Lamprey Lock. Thunder fang is a stab move that can be used with Lamprey Lock.
:eelektross: Mega Eelektross
New Ability
: Mega Launcher
Type: Electric/Dragon

New stats: 85/120/95/170/95/50
HP: 85 (+0)
Attack: 115 --> 120 (+5)
Defense: 80 --> 95 (+15)
Special Attack: 105 --> 170 (+65)
Special Defense: 80 --> 95 (+15)
Speed: 50 (+0)
(BST) 515 --> 615

New moves: Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Terrain Pulse, Water Pulse, (Heal Pulse)
Description: When Eelektross mega-evolves, it gains more majestic, dragon-like features such as actual legs. Its mouth also becomes more narrow. With this shape, anything in its mouth can be shot accurately and at high speed. It can shoot anything from simple water to aura energy. Mega-Eelektross can shatter a wooden plank with its water pulse.

Competitively, it has a very obvious role. 170 base special attack with mega-launcher and a STAB boosted by Mega Launcher makes it a dangerous wallbreaker. It can also use boosted Water Pulses, Aura Spheres, Dark Pulses and Terrain Pulses. It can even use 75% healing heal pulse in doubles. If you REALLY want a nuke move, its electric terrain Terrain Pulses deal absolutely incredible damage with 180 base power before STAB. Basically, this is a nuke.
Mega Eelektross
New Ability
: Surge Surfer
Type: Electric

New stats
Attack: 115 -> 155 (+40)
Defense: 80
Special Attack: 105 -> 145 (+40)
Special Defense: 80
Speed: 50 -> 70 (+20)
BST: 515 -> 615 (+100)

New moves
competitive: Flip Turn, Rising Voltage
Flavour: Leech Life

Description:
- Rather than using its electric power to levitate for defensive purposes, Mega Eelektross makes sure it can catch many preys as fast as possible to satisfy its hunger, and evade attacks more easily. That said, I feel like Surge Surger still maintains Eelektross's ability to levitate.
- Similar to Rain with Pelipper and Mega Swampert, Mega Eelektross serves as a new member for Electric Terrain teams. It works well with Tapu Koko in theory as it can switch into Ground moves when un-evolved, and hit hard on both sides, especially with its coverage moves.
And while I'm taking ideas from Mossy, why don't I take one of his Eelektross drafts?
Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free, you are a pirate!

Yarr har fiddle dee dee
Being a pirate is alright to be
Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free
You are a pirate!

They said it was free for the taking, it's fine.

Mega Eelektross
Type:
Electric
Ability: Protean
Moves: Ice Punch, Hydro Pump, Rising Voltage, Skitter Smack, Lash Out, Flip Turn
(if this looks like a lot of moves, keep in mind most of them are tutor moves that Eelektross never got the chance to learn because it's not allowed in Galar)
Stats:
HP: 85​
Att: 140 (+25)​
Def: 100 (+20)​
SpA: 140 (+35)​
SpD: 100 (+20)​
Spe: 50​

Protean and its clone Libero are often associated with fast and frail attackers, but there's another user of those abiliies that slow and bulky: Kecleon. Let's give Kecleon a friend.

Mega Eelektross is strong. Very strong. And it's bulky too, which affords it time to boost its power and bulk with Coil if it so chooses. But it's also slow. While Greninja and Cinderace can often circumvent their frailty by switching their type to resist an incoming attack, Mega Eelektross can't do that, because most things that would want to attack it will be moving first.

Ability: Luster Swap (On switch-in, the user's type changes depending on the super effectiveness of its moves against the opponent. For example, if the user has Flamethrower and the opponent is weak to Fire-type moves, the user will become a Fire-type.)

Atk: 125 (+10)
Def: 100 (+20)
SpA: 125 (+20)
SpD: 100 (+20)
Spe: 80 (+30)
New Moves: Recover, Scald

Reasoning
:

Yes, the ability sounds like hell to code, but not to worry, because Hematite somehow figured it out first try.

Though, in short: splashability, versatility, offensive flexibility is the name of my game, and that's exactly what I wanted to accomplish with my Mega Eelektross. I absolutely love the flexible, wide-ranged pivoting playstyle of base Eelektross, and I wanted to augment that with well rounded stats, reliable recovery, and an ability that lets its movepool do all the talking, while having defensive application as well. I experimented with Protean, but Protean is a more offensively oriented ability, and ultimately, I dawned upon the idea of Luster Swap to create a typechanger that can consistently use a defensive and offensive typing in tandem with one another.

Obviously, there are major setbacks to consider. For one, Mega Eelektross experiences extremely painful 4MSS, and especially with Recover taking up a slot, it has so much it wants to do, but ultimately will struggle with. It's a matchup warrior, but one that can do a lot both offensively and defensively thanks to its access to an ungodly movepool, solid offenses and defenses, and startling adaptability. I imagine that despite its setbacks that it will be really fun to scrape up some movesets for.

Flavor:

Given the flexibility of it, I wanted to put an emphasis on the flavor of light and color, which it often utilizes with flashing yellow lights in its base form. There's a greater emphasis with this in its mega form, with a more foreboding, yet outward and almost spectral appearance

Dex Entry:

Mega Eelektross's skin is an anomaly, capable of refracting light energy in such a way that allows for it to don the attributes and traits of various types. It often times weaponizes this light in order to batter and guard against its foe relentlessly.
Mega Eelektross

Typing: Electric

New Ability: Charged Atmosphere (As long as this ability is in play, all Electric-Type moves have perfect accuracy when it is raining.)

New Moves: Weather Ball, Scald

HP: 85 - - >85
Atk: 115 - - >115 (unchanged)
Def: 80 - - >100 (+20)
SpA: 105 - - >145 (+40)
Def: 80 - - >100 (+20
Spe: 50 - - >70 (+20)
BST: 515 - - >615 (+100)

Haha Zap Cannon go brrr. Mega Eelektross charges the air around it with electricity, so that if it uses an Electric-Type move while it is raining, the charged raindrops conduct the electricity, spreading the area of effect so that the move is much more likely to hit its target. So now it can use Zap Cannon a lot, without having to use Coil a few times to boost its accuracy. It is now a special attacker so that it can make full use of its decent special movepool, and it gets some special water moves to take advantage of the pseudo-STAB that Rain gives to Water-Type moves.It also already gets Rain Dance, meaning that it can set its own weather if it wants, but I think it would be much better off paired with a Drizzle user.

(science junk: while pure water is a bad conductor, water is basically never pure, as it always has tiny amounts of other minerals and stuff that it has dissolved, which turn it into a good conductor. Any water that you find in nature, including rainwater, will be a good conductor.)

Ability: Lazy River - Upon switch in, the pokemon sets the terrain effect "Lazy River," which heals all non-water pokemon by 1/16th their hp, all water pokemon by 1/8th at the end of each turn, and halves the damage of ground type attacks, for 5 turns (boosted by light clay for trace, etc)
New stats:
Attack: 115
Defense: 80 -> 110 (+30)
Special Attack: 105 -> 110 (+5)
Special Defense: 80 -> 130 (+50)
Speed: 50 -> 65 (+15)
New Moves: Surf, Liquidation
Set Description: This slimy mega has the cool distinction of being the only pokemon in the game that can set the "lazy river" field effect. However, this field effect can be abused by both sides, but Eelektross is going to get big benefits from this ability. For starters, it now technically takes neutral damage from ground type attacks, but that is only as long as lazy river is activated. In addition, it is able to heal in amounts equivalent to Toxic Orb Gliscor. Due to the near equal stats of attack and special attack MEel carries, it is able to run both physical and special sets. If, let's say, you want to set up lazy river for another pokemon, then a physical eel can uturn and a special eel can volt switch. The thing also gets crazy coverage moves. All in all, I think this could be a very fun staple of bulkier teams, as it is a great way to help pokemon - such as Suicune - that are very bulky but do not get good recovery moves. The Eel also has the potential to be a pretty potent offensive option based on its pretty cool stats. Enjoy!
:sm/eelektross:
:eelektross:Eelektross-Mega
Electric-->Electric/Steel
Levitate-->Power Grid (For every non-fainted Electric or Steel type on this Pokemon's team (excluding Eelektross itself), the BP of its Electric moves increases by 15.)
New Stats: 85/130/95/130/95/80
HP: 85-->85 (+0)
Attack: 115-->130 (+15)
Defense: 80-->95 (+15)
Special Attack: 105-->130 (+25)
Special Defense: 80-->95 (+15)
Speed: 50-->80 (+30)
Total: 515-->615 (+100)
New Moves: Ice Punch, Scald

Description: Eelektross goes on the grid! With a new ability in Power Grid enabling it to fire off incredibly strong STAB moves, it can act as an extremely powerful wallbreaker for teams under the right circumstances. However, the main balancing factor that keeps this in check is a few things: One, the fact that in teambuilding with Eelektross, your team becomes phenomenally weak to Ground types- While Eelektross has some coverage that can handle these, it can only catch them on the switch before they threaten it with an OHKO thanks to Eelektross' new typing taking it from immune to 4x weak to Ground. Eelektross' speed tier is also a disappointment- every single Scarfer, and most offensive Pokemon can outspeed it and KO, especially since not only does its typing leave it vulnerable to common attacking types to Fire, Fighting, and Ground, but also its defenses are only decent, meaning that it must choose between being bulky or fast, and given that Eelektross lacks recovery and is thus prone to being worn down, it usually shouldn't invest in defenses and thus is even easier to take down! As a result, its nuclear power under the right circumstances let it pressure any target that it can outspeed, and nothing but immunities can switch in (which admittedly are fairly common). So all in all, Eelektross is a balanced wallbreaker that can be a great asset to any team, but with some crucial balancing factors that keep it in check. (It also has no way to hit other Electric types.)
New Ability: Insulation (Reduces the power of
/
type attacks by 0.5x and prevents the user from being phased)
Type:

New stats: 85 HP / 145 Atk (+30) / 110 Def (+30) / 145 SpA (+40) / 80 SpD / 50 Spe (615 BST)
New moves:
Gyro Ball
Fire Blast
Curse, Spikes, Pain Split
Description: Eelektross has always been a somewhat one-dimensional Pokémon. You chuck it in on a Ground-type move, when you've gotten rid of your Electric immunity, and usually you run Volt Switch to gain momentum. Pretty boring. It doesn't hit very hard, and its only STAB relies on you getting rid of any Electric immunities, meaning it's usually meant to be used mid-to-late game. It could use some breaking power. That's where this mega comes in. It gains another STAB, this time with a generally more useful type,
. Combined with 145 in each attacking stat, it can chunk the opponent considerably with either Fire Punch or Fire Blast. You might be thinking why would I run Punch when I have Blast? Well, the answer is Curse. This Pokémon is free to set up without getting phased thanks to Insulation. What that means is, you can keep hitting Curse on a Physical attacker and, aided by your weakening of two SE move types, you can quickly increase your staying power when running a combination of Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, and/or Gyro Ball. 2 of the 3; why 2 of the 3? Because you'll need Pain Split for longevity. However, let's say you want to run a Special set. Nothing's stopping you from slapping on Spikes to that set. Imo it really doesn't belong on the Physical set.
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Curse
- Gyro Ball
- Fire Punch
- Pain Split
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Discharge
- Spikes
- Volt Switch

Dragalge
Poison,
Dragon
Mimicry
65, 85, 110, 147, 143, 44
+10, +20, +50, +20
Terrain Pulse, Recover
Dragalge can now camouflage itself, but not completely, needing an terrain to be active for it to work
:Dragalge: Mega Dragalge
New Ability
: Rain Dish

New stats:
HP: 65 -> 65
Attack: 75 -> 85 (+10)
Defense: 90 -> 140 (+50)
Special Attack: 97 -> 127 (+30)
Special Defense: 123 -> 133 (+10)
Speed: 44 -> 44
BST: 494 -> 594

New moves: None
Description: Mega Dragalge acts as a defensive backbone and a great support Pokemon for Rain teams thanks to its huge bulk, pivoting ability with Flip turn, and double resistance to Grass. Its double Grass resistance notably allows it to comfortably pivot in to Rillaboom, which is a big problem to Rain Teams due to Grassy Glide. A slow Flip Turn allows safe entry to set up sweepers. It also has Toxic Spikes to further support its team. Rain Dish gives it recovery while raining so Mega Dragalge can perform its job much longer. Thanks to its bulk and good matchup against Rain checks, Mega Dragalge can also act as a secondary Rain setter to give Pelipper some breathing room. While it competes with Swift Swim Mega Evoutions for a Mega Slot, OU actually has a lot of competent non-mega Swift Swim sweepers such as Kabutops, Drednaw, Omastar, and Barraskewda so Mega Dragalge can certainly find room on Rain teams thanks to its unique niche.
:ss/dragalge:
Mega Dragalge
Typing:
Poison/Dragon ---> Poison/Dragon
Ability: Poison Point/Poison Touch/Adaptability ---> Protean
HP: 65 ---> 65
Atk: 75 ---> 105 (+30)
Def: 90 ---> 90
SpA: 97 ---> 127 (+30)
SpD: 127 ---> 127
Spe: 44 ---> 84 (+40)
Added Moves: Recover

Description: Dragalge's whole thing is camouflage, so I thought Protean would be a cool ability for it. While it's stats are still pretty unimpressive for a wallbreaker, its access to a ton of special coverage, now aided by Protean, makes it pretty versatile.

Dragalge
Typing: Poison / Dragon
Ability: Adaptability / Poison Point / Poison Touch --> Adaptability
Attack: 75 --> 80 (+5)
Defense: 90 --> 100 (+10)
Sp. Atk: 97 --> 132 (+35)
Sp. Def: 123 --> 148 (+25)
Speed: 44 --> 69 (+25)

New moves: Agility

Too lazy for a flavor description haha.
So Dragalge has already some nifty tools. Unusual STABs combination with "good enough" coverage (Focus Blast / Thunderbolt mostly) and great special bulk to get plenty of switch opportunities. This role doesn't change much with Mega Evolution but some speed will really help it pivot with Flip Turn, lay some Toxic Spikes... or start a threatening sweep with Agility. This addition let Dragalge end games if the opposing Steels are weakened enough: at +2 with a neutral nature, Scarf Lando-T is outsped.
Mega Dragalge
Ability: Corrosion

Hp: 65
Att: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Def: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Spec Att: 97 -> 107 (+10)
Spec Def: 123 -> 163 (+40)
Sped: 44 -> 54 (+10)

New Moves: Corrosive Gas, Life Dew

Summary: Dragalge's pokedex entries go on about how it spits or sprays corrosive poisonous liquid so it only makes sense to give it corrosion. I just gave it corrosive gas for the corrosive part. If you don't think it should get that just let me know. Life Dew is there for some recovery instead of recover because this fits it better.
:ss/dragalge:
:Dragalge: Mega Dragalge
New Ability
: Regenerator

New stats: 65/85/140/117/143/44
HP: 65 (+0)
Attack: 75 --> 85 (+10)
Defense: 90 --> 140 (+50)
Special Attack: 97 --> 117 (+20)
Special Defense: 123 --> 143 (+20)
Speed: 44 (+0)
(BST) 494 --> 594

New moves: Defog
Description: Mega-Dragalge has adapted to pollution by growing a sturdier body and feeding off of it. This way, it not only feeds itself but also helps the rest of the aquatic pokemon population. With this ability in mind, Mega-Dragalge gains the ability Regenerator since it can absorb the polluted sea its pokeball contains. It also gets higher defense stats since its body needed to grow sturdier in order to survive in the polluted ocean. Defog comes from its large fins and tail being used like a fan.

Competitively, Mega-Dragalge is a bulky pivot from hell. It uses Flip Turn and Regenerator with bulk superior to Toxapex to switch-into many hits and pivot out to let its other teammates come in safely. It also has some very neat utility such has a toxic immunity, access to Scald, Toxic Spikes, Haze, Dragon Tail and Defog. It's a versatile defensive pokemon which is not something you see every day. Of course, its 117 base spatk doesn't leave it defenseless either and players underestimating its offensive capabilities may end up having one of their key offensive pokemon taken out. Mega-Dragalge can have a lot of depth (haha get it) to its gameplay and ends up being a useful defensive backbone for teams needing one thanks to its great defensive typing and its utility.
Mega Dragalge
New Ability
: Acidic Surge
(Turns the ground into a corrosive field for 5 turns, boosting Poison moves of grounded Pkm by 1.3 and temporarily removing the Poison immunity of grounded Steel Pkm. This means moves like Sludge Bomb do damage to those grounded Steel Pkm.

additional effects:
- Nature Power becomes Sludge Bomb
- Camouflage or Mimicry causes the user to become a Poison type
- Secret Power inflicts Poison
- Terrain Pulse is Poison-type)

Type: Poison | Dragon

New stats
Attack: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Defense: 90
Special Attack: 97 -> 147 (+50)
Special Defense: 123 -> 153 (+30)
Speed: 44
BST: 494 -> 594 (+100)

New moves
competitive: Terrain Pulse, Roost (can be left out if a reliable recovery option is too good on Mega Dragalge)
flavour: Acid Spray, Gastro Acid

Description:
- In response to all those entering its terrain, Mega Dragalge will activate its special ability "Acidic Surge" to create a corrosive field so hostile that any intruder will run away from it. The angrier Mega Dragalge is, the more potent the field effect. According to the few lucky survivors, It's said to make Steel corrosive.
- From a competitive point of view, Roost allows Mega Dragalge to enter a field several times if needed to re-activate its ability, and make good use of its special bulk. Morever, the terrain gives Poison a much needed offensive boost and might carve out a new niche for this type.
Mega Dragalge

Typing: Poison/Dragon

New Ability: Toxic Scales (Poison Point but better. 50% chance that an enemy making contact with this Pokémon will be badly poisoned.)

New Move: Recover

HP: 65 - - >67
Atk: 75 - - >75 (unchanged)
Def: 90 - - >110 (+20)
SpA: 97 - - >147 (+50)
SpD: 123 - - >123 (unchanged)
Spe: 44 - - >74 (+30)
BST: 494 - - >594 (+100)

Don’t touch this thing. No, seriously, don’t. Giving it Recover lets it do some horrible stall things, probably. It can also run Venoshock, but I think it probably prefers Sludge Wave or Sludge Bomb. Being Poison-Type also makes it immune to being poisoned, which helps it out in general. It also has Flip Turn to pivot out if it needs to.

Ability: Methodical (For every 2 turns this pokemon does not use an attacking move, its defense is increased by 1 stage. Counter resets upon switching out or using an attacking move).
New Stats:
Attack: 75 -> 100 (+25)
Defense: 90 -> 130 (+40)
Special Attack: 97 ->122 (+25)
Special Defense: 123
Speed: 44 -> 50 (+10)
New Moves: Recover, Will-o-wisp
Description: Muah hahaha, another bulky mega created by me! This mega is designed around using status moves and recovery moves as much as possible. Usually, stall/bulky pokemon like that get worse the longer they stay on the field, as PP depletes. However, the longer Dragalge can be on the field, the stronger it gets. I thought this was a unique way to make a mega, and other than that, it's pretty simple. I hope you enjoy!
:sm/dragalge:
:dragalge: Dragalge-Mega
Poison/Dragon (unchanged)
Poison Point/Adaptability/Poison Touch-->Stretchy Seaweed* (Download semi-clone. This Pokemon's stats change on entry based on its opponent- If the opponent is faster than Dragalge, Dragalge's Defense and Special Defense are both raised by one stat stage. If the opponent is slower, Dragalge's Attack and Special Attack are both raised by one stat stage. If the opponent and Dragalge speed tie, Dragalge's speed is raised by one stat stage.)
New Stats: 65/75/120/111/123/100
HP: 65-->65 (+0)
Attack: 75-->75 (+0)
Defense: 90-->120 (+30)
Special Attack: 97-->111 (+14)
Special Defense: 123-->123 (+0)
Speed: 44-->100 (+56)
Total: 494-->594 (+100)
New Moves: Pain Split

Description: I wanted to make a flexible and strong attacking pivot, and to improve upon what Dragalge already accomplishes. I like the utility of the ability as it allows Dragalge to deal with many situations using its great typing and stats to manage it. Pain Split is a balanced recovery option that utilizes Dragalge's low HP, although it could be changed to Recover if people think this iteration is underpowered.
Edit: I thought I should add that the stat spread is optimized the take advantage of the ability. 100 is a common speed tier, so the speed tie happens pretty often, actually! It also is very middle of the road in terms of speed, meaning that it gets both offense and defense boosts pretty evenly. All in all, this allows Dragalge to be very flexible and well rounded- switch in on a wall, you become a wallbreaker! Switch in on an offensive Pokémon, you become a wall! And you win speed ties handily! That’s why I chose this stat spread- well rounded and capable of getting different boosts for different situations.
*Help Stretchy Seaweed is a terrible name and I couldn't think of something better
* Stretchy Seaweed is a wonderful name and there is nothing better

:dhelmise: Mega Dhelmise
:dhelmise:
Dhelmise
Ghost, Steel
Sheer force
70, 161, 100, 146, 100, 40
+30, +60, +10
Superpower
Dhelmise got a lot stronger with mega evolution, having enough power to crush an mountain with a single swing of his anchor. the seaweed on its anchor died, but its steel is now wayy smoother than it was before.
:dhelmise:Dhelmise-Mega
Ghost/Grass->Ghost/Steel
Steelworker->Decelerate (Speed Boost semi-clone, lowers Speed by one stage and raises Attack by one at the end of every turn.)
New Stats: 70/140/100/86/100/121
HP: 70->70 (+0)
Attack: 131->140 (+9)
Defense: 100->100 (+0)
Special Attack: 86->86 (+0)
Special Defense: 90->100 (+10)
Speed: 40->121 (+81)
Total: 517->617 (+100)

C’mon guys, it’s an anchor.
Decelerate is back. Once again, it starts out super fast—yet before long, it slows down and boosts up. This allows it to act as a powerful revenge killer at first, and turn by turn, becomes a bulky wallbreaker. Held back by eh bulk and lacking initial power. TLDR; perfect flavor, fun wallbreaker/revenge killer. What more do you need?
:Dhelmise: Mega Dhelmise
New Ability
: Anchor Lock - User's contact moves have a trapping effect (similar to Anchor Shot).
Type: Ghost/Grass

New stats:
Attack: 131 -> 161 (+30)
Defense: 100 -> 130 (+30)
Special Attack: 86 -> 106 (+20)
Special Defense: 90 -> 120 (+30)
Speed: 40 -> 30 (-10)
BST: 517 -> 617

Description: Its Pokedex entries state on how it likes to catch Wailord as its prey and, along with its appearance as an anchor, I figured that it could catch and trap other Pokemon with its anchor. Its ability basically gives tribute to its signature move Anchor Shot and traps Pokemon that try to stall it out. This can be useful to eliminate Regenerator cores that try to keep switching out to regain health. Keep in mind that Poltergeist is a non-contact move so it has to use Power Whip or Rapid Spin to trap an opponent.
:ss/dhelmise:
Mega Dhelmise
Typing:
Ghost/Grass ---> Steel/Grass
Ability: Steelworker ---> Steelworker
HP: 70 ---> 70
Atk: 131 ---> 156 (+25)
Def: 100 ---> 150 (+50)
SpA: 86 ---> 111 (+25)
SpD: 90 ---> 110 (+20)
Spe: 40 ---> 20 (-20)
Added Moves: Horn Leech, Strength Sap

Description: It would feel weird to replace Dhelmise's signature (and only) ability, so I let it optimize its use. Now Dhelmise is an offensive and defensive behemoth with powerful Steel STAB, complemented by Swords Dance, and solid defensive stats and utility.

Dhelmise
Typing: Ghost / Grass --> Ghost / Grass
Ability: Steelworker --> Lost Mariner (When this Pokemon is about to use a Grass, Steel or Water move, change its secondary type to the type of the move it's about to use) (it is effectively a Protean semi-clone, only affecting the secondary type in some case)
Attack: 131 --> 146 (+15)
Defense: 100 --> 131 (+31)
Sp. Atk: 86 --> 101 (+15)
Sp. Def: 90 --> 106 (+16)
Speed: 40 --> 63 (+23)

New moves: Shadow Sneak
Weight: 210.0 kg --> 310.0 kg

The chain joining Dhelmise's anchor to its wheel is now much bigger, even enveloping debris of sunken ships. It is said that Mega Dhelmise can channel the spirit of the poor souls lost in sea by attaching parts of their vessels to itself and allowing it to be one with the ocean, the ship and the seaweed. Unbelievably strong, it can swing and throw its anchor to catch its preys or even use it to lure Wailmers. Once anchored in the seabed, it is unmovable.

Dhelmise is already an interesting Pokemon thanks to its pretty nice movepool containing most relevant Steel-moves and Water-moves (bar Scald) and Steelworker. I went one step further with a pseudo-Protean ability which let Dhelmise choose and pick its counters. Expecting an Heatran? Smack it with Liquidation and watch it struggle to get past your Ghost / Water typing. Kyurem-B seems a great counter until it receives an Anchor Shot in the face and be in front of a Ghost / Steel Pokemon.
It is very versatile but it will always start as Ghost / Grass which may limit switch opportunities. Dhelmise will need to be customized to fit the teams need as it really wants as much STABs as it can (Poltergeist, Shadow Sneak, Power Whip, Liquidation and Anchor Shot / Heavy Slam) and Synthesis. I was careful not to go overboard with the Attack as it has effectively free STABs but its slow speed won't allow Dhelmise abuse it like Greninja or Cinderace can.
Mega Dhelmise
Type: Ghost/Grass
Ability: Sunken Treasure (this pokemon gets additional stab on steel type moves and heals itself by 1/16th of its max hp when using a steel move)

Att: 131 -> 156 (+25)
Def: 100 -> 125 (+25)
Spec Att: 86 -> 96 (+10)
Spec Def: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Sped: 40 -> 60 (+20)

Summary: I decided that steelworker was to big of a part of Dhelmise to the point of its signature move being the steel type, so I improved it so that it also heals Dhelmise slightly by it finding some sunken treasure, which it repairs itself with, since it is underwater and could easily find some down there.
New Ability
: Primordial Sea
Type: Ghost/Steel

New stats: 70/151/110/86/110/90
HP: 70 (+0)
Attack: 131 --> 151 (+20)
Defense: 100 --> 110 (+10)
Special Attack: 86 (+0)
Special Defense: 90 --> 110 (+20)
Speed: 40 --> 90 (+50)
(BST) 517 --> 617

New moves: Flip Turn, Superpower
Description: The rust and the seaweed stuck on Dhelmise's body disapear when it mega evolves. It also looks like a pirate captain with its eye-patch, its hat and the Chatot on its head. Dhelmise used to be an anchor pirate captain roaming the sea, bringing rain and waves everywhere until its ship sunk. Mega-Dhelmise tries to revert back to that form as a ghost. With it "bringing rain and waves everywhere" it gains the ability Primordial Sea. It also gains Superpower and Flip Turn for better coverage and utility.

Competitively, Mega-Dhelmise has a very good defensive typing with one less weakness due to Primordial Sea, good bulk and a dangerous attack stat. Primordial Sea is a very important part of Mega-Dhelmise's game since it helps it offensively, defensively and provides team support. Mega-Dhelmise not only has access to stronger water moves and a fire immunity with Primordial Sea, it can also remove weather which makes it really good against weather teams.
:ss/dhelmise: Mega Dhelmise
New Ability
: Captains Curse New ability, when this pokemon faints, the pokemon that ko'ed it has the Cursed Status Effect and has the water type added.
Type:
Max Phantasm - Ghost-type
Steel Roller - Steel-type

New stats:
Attack: 131 -> 151 (+20)
Defense: 100 -> 130 (+30)
Special Attack: 85 -> 85
Special Defense: 75 -> 75
Speed: 40 -> 90 (+50)
When Mossy Sandwich was brainstorming on the Discord, they pondered "what would be a cool ability for a pirate captain?" While they went with Primordial Sea, I took it in a different direction...

Mega Dhelmise
Type:
Ghost / Grass
Ability: Yarrr (upon switch-in or mega evolution, put a permanent effect over the user's side that basically gives everyone the Magician ability, in that they will try to steal the opponent's item every time they land an attack; also the activation message is "[pokemon] unfurled the Roger!"]
Stats:
HP: 70​
Att: 171 (+40)​
Def: 120 (+20)​
SpA: 86​
SpD: 130 (+40)​
Spe: 40​

Mega Dhelmise leads its swashbucking crew into battle with the intent of plundering the opponent's booty. In practical terms, this means you can punish Knock Off users by stealing their item right back, or run a consumable item like a berry or Power Herb and snatch up a new item once it's gone. In less practical terms, this means you can run no item to guarantee you steal something, or run Fling to toss your ill-gotten treasure aside and go for seconds.

As for Captain Dhelmise itself, its buffs are somewhat mixed. The extra bulk is always appreciated, but while its Power Whips and Earthquakes now hit like dreadnoughts, the loss of Steelworker means its Anchor Shots and Gyro Balls are weaker than its base form (though its Heavy Slams will probably be more consistent, and its ability turning all of its teammates into kleptomaniacs makes it harder to make use of Poltergeist, leading to a drop in power in the Ghost STAB department as well.

252+ Atk Dhelmise Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 228-268 (63.8 - 75%)

252+ Atk Dhelmise-Mega Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 277-327 (77.5 - 91.5%)

252+ Atk Dhelmise Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 126-149 (35.2 - 41.7%)

252+ Atk Dhelmise-Mega Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 154-182 (43.1 - 50.9%)

252+ Atk Dhelmise Poltergeist (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 208-246 (58.2 - 68.9%)

252+ Atk Dhelmise-Mega Shadow Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 162-192 (45.3 - 53.7%)

252+ Atk Steelworker Dhelmise Anchor Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 151-178 (42.2 - 49.8%)

252+ Atk Dhelmise-Mega Anchor Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 124-146 (34.7 - 40.8%)

New stats:
Attack: 131 -> 145 (+14)
Special Attack: 85 -> 111 (+26)
Mega Dhelmise

Ability:
Steelworker -> Reanimate (Ghost-ate: all normal type moves become ghost type and have 1.2x power)
Typing: Ghost/Grass

Stats:
Atk: 131 -> 156 (+25)
Def: 100 -> 120 (+20)
SpA: 86 -> 101 (+15)
SpD: 90 -> 105 (+15)
Spe: 40 -> 65 (+25)
BST: 517 -> 617 (+100)

Flavour: WIP

Competitive: Mega Dhelmise has an interesting niche in being able to trap things as set up fodder for it to spam Ghost Rapid Spin to boost speed, before utilising a 122 BP Ghost STAB to smack its foes. 3 of its moves are guaranteed, being Anchor Shot/Rapid Spin/Return, however the last can be chosen out of Swords Dance or Synthesis. An interesting thing about this is that the only type immune to trapping - Ghost - is weak to this thing's Reanimate boosted Rapid Spins and Returns, meaning that they can't exactly come in to take an Anchor Shot and switch out again.
:dhelmise: Dhelmise Mega
New Ability: Lightning Rod
Type:

Stats: 70 / 141 (+10) / 160 (+60) / 106 (+20) / 100 (+10) / 40
New Moves: Taunt
Description: Trapping but you're a wall. Can create mindgames on wether you brought a Dhelmise-Mega or like a banded Dhelmise, you're getting trapped either way but you either get hit full force or die slowly. You have answers against both Volt Switch and Taunt. Still doesnt hit that hard tbh.
(please yell at me if I messed anything up or missed anything!)
Edit: added Hematemesis's Dragalge! sorry, it was added in an edit that I missed OTL
Edit 2: replaced the formatting on BitBitio's Dhelmise with the one from their second post by request!
Edit 3: removed ChoiceScarfed's Dragalge, and I am so sorry to kakaks that I didn't notice sooner. How many times do I have to tell people not to rip off each other's subs I swear

Reminder on Voting Rules

After discussing on the Discord and working through any concerns people had, we've decided to continue using the same voting system as last slate! Remember that it's still in its early stages, so feel free to make suggestions if you have any alternative solutions or concerns with how it's being handled, but on the whole, we've found this to be much more voter-friendly, and it seems to have won over our community on Discord as well. C:
For a reminder, this will be a variation on instant runoff voting, meaning that it uses a systematic process of elimination to find the submission that's supported by the most people. This system takes into account both the total number of people who voted for the submission at all and how those people ranked it in relation to any other submissions that have not been eliminated.

Your votes should consist of however many submissions you like.​
Including a submission in your post at all is "voting for it," but you can vote for as many (or as few) as you want! It doesn't have to be exactly three.​
You votes should also be ranked from most preferred to least preferred, just like they were in the previous system.​

It's also now acceptable to self-vote in first!​
One of the benefits of the new system is that you get less extreme an advantage from this and there's not as much room for one individual to swing the results dramatically in their own favor, so we can afford to loosen up the rules in that area.​
That said, I would still ask you to include at least two other people in your vote if one of your votes is for yourself (this was already in the rules before).​

Please make sure you tell inkbug if you edit your vote! He generally adds them to his list as soon as they're posted, so edits may go unnoticed. You can contact him on his profile here or on the Discord. C:​

As usual, voting will last for 48 hours! That should give you plenty of time to decide on a vote, and you can also get started on planning for the next slate!

Slate 20

Based on the results of the latest poll, our celebratory slate 20 will have a theme of Johto starter Pokémon, with :meganium: Mega Meganium, :typhlosion: Mega Typhlosion and :feraligatr: Mega Feraligatr! they won by a landslide holy heck

To keep the thread organized, I ask that you refrain from posting your submissions here until the submission phase begins, but remember that the
Discord is always a fantastic place to discuss ideas and get feedback on your submissions even before the slate opens!

Last edited:
Mega Eelektross - Ausma, BotwNerd745, zxgzxg
Mega Dragalge - BlueRay, kakaks, PalpitoadChamp, BitBitio, zxgzxg
Mega Dhelmise - Full_Korbe, PalpitoadChamp, zxgzxg, MegaFlareon, IsoCon

:Eelektross: Mega Elektross: BlueRay, Full_Korbe, Ausma, Petuuuhhh, DrPumpkinz
:Dragalge: Mega Dragalge: BotwNerd745, kakaks, Mossy Sandwich, PalpitoadChamp, BitBitio
:Dhelmise: Mega Dhelmise: Full_Korbe, PalpitoadChamp, ChoiceScarfed, IsoCon, BitBitio, Gravity Monkey, zxgzxg, MegaFlareon

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
:Eelektross: Eelektross: BotwNerd745, Ausma, kakaks, DrPumpkinz, zxgzxg, Full_Korbe
:Dragalge: Dragalge: BlueRay, BotwNerd745, Mossy Sandwich, kakaks
:Dhelmise: Dhelmise: Mossy Sandwich, BitBitio, DrPumpkinz, Gravity Monkey

:Eelektross: Mega Eelektross: Hematemesis, zxgzxg, PalpitoadChamp
:Dragalge: Mega Dragalge: BlueRay, Mossy Sandwich, Hematemesis, Bitbitio
:Dhelmise: Mega Dhelmise: Bitbitio, Mossy Sandwich, IsoCon, Hematemesis

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
:eelektross: zxgzxg, Full_Korbe, Petuuuhhh
:dragalge: kakaks, zxgzxg, PalpitoadChamp, Mossy Sandwich
:dhelmise: Mossy Sandwich, zxgzxg, IsoCon

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:eelektross: Eelektross: Ausma, DrPumpkinz, zxgzxg, kakaks, Hematemesis, BlueRay, PalpitoadChamp
:dragalge: Dragalge: BlueRay, BitBitio, Mossy Sandwich, kakaks, zxgzxg, PalpitoadChamp
:dhelmise: Dhelmise: Mossy Sandwich, DrPumpkinz, Full_Korbe, BitBitio, ChoiceScarfed, Hematemesis, MegaFlareon, Kakaks
Voting is way too difficult ;_;

:eelektross: Eelektross- Mossy Sandwich, Ausma, DrPumpkinz, BitBitio, Hematemesis, kakaks
:dragalge: Dragalge- BitBitio, kakaks, Hematemesis
Idk why but most of the Dragalge's didn't really *click* for me?? Maybe it's just me
:dhelmise: Dhelmise- DrPumpkinz, BitBitio, Full_Korbe, Mossy Sandwich

yep shameless self voting

Water, water, every where,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, every where,
Nor any drop to drink.

The very deep did rot: O Christ!
That ever this should be!
Yea, slimy things did crawl with legs
Upon the slimy sea.

PalpitoadChamp, zxgzxg, Mossy Sandwich, Hematemesis, Full_Korbe

:dhelmise:
About, about, in reel and rout
The death-fires danced at night;
The water, like a witch's oils,
Burnt green, and blue and white.

And some in dreams assurèd were
Of the Spirit that plagued us so;
Nine fathom deep he had followed us
From the land of mist and snow.

DrPumpkinz, Mossy Sandwich, IsoCon, Gravity Monkey, BitBitio, zxgzxg

Beyond the shadow of the ship,
I watched the water-snakes:
They moved in tracks of shining white,
And when they reared, the elfish light
Fell off in hoary flakes.

Within the shadow of the ship
I watched their rich attire:
Blue, glossy green, and velvet black,
They coiled and swam; and every track
Was a flash of golden fire.

Full_Korbe, BlueRay, Mossy Sandwich, DrPumpkinz, kakaks, Ausma, MegaFlareon

My desire to give silly names to votes might be getting just a bit out of hand.

1) MossySandwich
2) zxgzxg
3) PalpitoadChamp
4) DrPumpkinz

1) BlueRay (me)
2) Hematemesis
3) MossySandwich
4) zxgzxg
5) kakaks
6) BitBitio

1) MossySandwich
2) BitBitio
3) kakaks
4) FullKorbe
5) Hematemesis

:eelektross: Mega Eelektross: Ausma, BotwNerd745, DrPumpkinz, Full_Korbe, zxgzxg, Mossy Sandwich, kakaks
:dragalge: Mega Dragalge: BlueRay, PalpitoadChamp, kakaks, BotwNerd745, BitBitio, Hematemesis
:dhelmise: Mega Dhelmise: DrPumpkinz, Mossy Sandwich, IsoCon, Gravity Monkey, MegaFlareon, zxgzxg, Full_Korbe

Aaaaa I am in love with so many of these subs as usual ;u;

:eelektross:: zxgzxg, BotwNerd745, Ausma, Mossy Sandwich, BlueRay, Hematemesis, BitBitio
:dragalge:: kakaks, MegaFlareon, Mossy Sandwich, PalpitoadChamp, BitBitio, BotwNerd745
:dhelmise:: DrPumpkinz, Full_Korbe, IsoCon, BitBitio,

:Eelektross: Mega Eelektross: Mossy Sandwich, DrPumpkinz, BlueRay, Full_Korbe, BotwNerd745,
:Dragalge: Mega Dragalge: Mossy Sandwich, zxgzxg, PalpitoadChamp MegaFlareon, Full_Korbe
:Dhelmise: Mega Dhelmise: Full_Korbe, zxgzxg, PalpitoadChamp IsoCon

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
Aaaaaand the votes are in!

Before I get started, a quick run-down of how this works:
  • Each vote contributes one point to its first-place choice
  • The candidates are ordered based on both the number of first-place votes and the number of total votes, and eliminated from the bottom
  • Any vote whose first choice has been eliminated instead gives its point to its second choice, or whatever its next ranking is. (On the sheet, points that have moved in this manner are highlighted in yellow.)
  • The elimination and re-ranking process continues until there are two remaining, upon which the one with more points is the winner.
  • You can view the whole thing on this spreadsheet (tab "Slate 19 Tally").
Please let me know if you have any questions about this!! But without further ado...

:eelektross: Mega Eelektross: Ausma !!!

Ability: Luster Swap (On switch-in, the user's type changes depending on the super effectiveness of its moves against the opponent. For example, if the user has Flamethrower and the opponent is weak to Fire-type moves, the user will become a Fire-type.)

Atk: 125 (+10)
Def: 100 (+20)
SpA: 125 (+20)
SpD: 100 (+20)
Spe: 80 (+30)
New Moves: Recover, Scald

Reasoning
:

Yes, the ability sounds like hell to code, but not to worry, because Hematite somehow figured it out first try.

Though, in short: splashability, versatility, offensive flexibility is the name of my game, and that's exactly what I wanted to accomplish with my Mega Eelektross. I absolutely love the flexible, wide-ranged pivoting playstyle of base Eelektross, and I wanted to augment that with well rounded stats, reliable recovery, and an ability that lets its movepool do all the talking, while having defensive application as well. I experimented with Protean, but Protean is a more offensively oriented ability, and ultimately, I dawned upon the idea of Luster Swap to create a typechanger that can consistently use a defensive and offensive typing in tandem with one another.

Obviously, there are major setbacks to consider. For one, Mega Eelektross experiences extremely painful 4MSS, and especially with Recover taking up a slot, it has so much it wants to do, but ultimately will struggle with. It's a matchup warrior, but one that can do a lot both offensively and defensively thanks to its access to an ungodly movepool, solid offenses and defenses, and startling adaptability. I imagine that despite its setbacks that it will be really fun to scrape up some movesets for.

Flavor:

Given the flexibility of it, I wanted to put an emphasis on the flavor of light and color, which it often utilizes with flashing yellow lights in its base form. There's a greater emphasis with this in its mega form, with a more foreboding, yet outward and almost spectral appearance

Dex Entry:

Mega Eelektross's skin is an anomaly, capable of refracting light energy in such a way that allows for it to don the attributes and traits of various types. It often times weaponizes this light in order to batter and guard against its foe relentlessly.
1605460076445.png

Ausma - 6
Mossy Sandwich - 5
zxgzxg - 3
Full_Korbe - 2
BlueRay, BotwNerd745, Hematemasis - 1

:dragalge: Mega Dragalge: BlueRay !!!
Mega Dragalge
New Ability
: Acidic Surge
(Turns the ground into a corrosive field for 5 turns, boosting Poison moves of grounded Pkm by 1.3 and temporarily removing the Poison immunity of grounded Steel Pkm. This means moves like Sludge Bomb do damage to those grounded Steel Pkm.

additional effects:
- Nature Power becomes Sludge Bomb
- Camouflage or Mimicry causes the user to become a Poison type
- Secret Power inflicts Poison
- Terrain Pulse is Poison-type)

Type: Poison | Dragon

New stats
Attack: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Defense: 90
Special Attack: 97 -> 147 (+50)
Special Defense: 123 -> 153 (+30)
Speed: 44
BST: 494 -> 594 (+100)

New moves
competitive: Terrain Pulse, Roost (can be left out if a reliable recovery option is too good on Mega Dragalge)
flavour: Acid Spray, Gastro Acid

Description:
- In response to all those entering its terrain, Mega Dragalge will activate its special ability "Acidic Surge" to create a corrosive field so hostile that any intruder will run away from it. The angrier Mega Dragalge is, the more potent the field effect. According to the few lucky survivors, It's said to make Steel corrosive.
- From a competitive point of view, Roost allows Mega Dragalge to enter a field several times if needed to re-activate its ability, and make good use of its special bulk. Morever, the terrain gives Poison a much needed offensive boost and might carve out a new niche for this type.
1605460151481.png

BlueRay - 6
kakaks - 5
Mossy Sandwich - 2
PalpitoadChamp, BitBitio, BotwNerd745 - 1

:dhelmise: Mega Dhelmise: Mossy Sandwich !!!
New Ability
: Primordial Sea
Type: Ghost/Steel

New stats: 70/151/110/86/110/90
HP: 70 (+0)
Attack: 131 --> 151 (+20)
Defense: 100 --> 110 (+10)
Special Attack: 86 (+0)
Special Defense: 90 --> 110 (+20)
Speed: 40 --> 90 (+50)
(BST) 517 --> 617

New moves: Flip Turn, Superpower
Description: The rust and the seaweed stuck on Dhelmise's body disapear when it mega evolves. It also looks like a pirate captain with its eye-patch, its hat and the Chatot on its head. Dhelmise used to be an anchor pirate captain roaming the sea, bringing rain and waves everywhere until its ship sunk. Mega-Dhelmise tries to revert back to that form as a ghost. With it "bringing rain and waves everywhere" it gains the ability Primordial Sea. It also gains Superpower and Flip Turn for better coverage and utility.

Competitively, Mega-Dhelmise has a very good defensive typing with one less weakness due to Primordial Sea, good bulk and a dangerous attack stat. Primordial Sea is a very important part of Mega-Dhelmise's game since it helps it offensively, defensively and provides team support. Mega-Dhelmise not only has access to stronger water moves and a fire immunity with Primordial Sea, it can also remove weather which makes it really good against weather teams.
1605460200111.png

Mossy Sandwich - 6
DrPumpkinz - 4
Full_Korbe - 3
BitBitio - 1

It's the 20th slate of MfA! Wouldn't you say that's cause for celebration?
:sm/Meganium: :sm/Typhlosion: :sm/Feraligatr:
It's time to give our beloved Johto starters some attention! Submissions for this slate will be open until November 19 at 16:00 GMT.

I look forward to seeing your submissions! ^o^​

Being mono-type is kinda part of the Johto starters' identity, so I didn't want to mess with that.

:ss/meganium:
Mega Meganium
Type:
Grass
Ability: Fragrant (Grass-type attacks will cure the team of their status conditions, like Aromatherapy)
Moves: Grassy Glide, Terrain Pulse, Body Press, Pollen Puff
Stats:
HP: 80​
Att: 102 (+20)​
Def: 140 (+40)​
SpA: 83​
SpD: 140 (+40)​
Spe: 80​

Mega Meganium is a team player, keeping its party healthy throughout a whole game, especially since moves like Giga Drain and Petal Blizzard have far more PP than Aromatherapy. It can also potentially go on the offensive with a Swords Dance set, using its increased bulk to set up and using Petal Blizzard to keep itself free of burns.

:ss/typhlosion:
Mega Typhlosion
Type:
Fire
Ability: Regenerator
Moves: Scorching Sands, Burning Jealousy, Mystical Fire
Stats:
HP: 78​
Att: 94 (+10)​
Def: 108 (+30)​
SpA: 129 (+20)​
SpD: 115 (+30)​
Spe: 110 (+10)​

Honey badgers are infamous for their aggression and durability, so I figured they would be able to heal their wounds quickly, hence the massive bulk boost and Regen. On the competitive front, the bulk and Regen allow Mega Typhlosion to be at high HP more often, granting it more consistency with its Eruptions.

:ss/feraligatr:
Mega Feraligatr
Type:
Water
Ability: Motor Drive
Moves: Scale Shot, Lash Out, Flip Turn, Breaking Swipe
Stats:
HP: 85​
Att: 115 (+50)​
Def: 120 (+20)​
SpA: 79​
SpD: 93 (+10)​
Spe: 98 (+20)​

So, Motor Drive. In terms of flavor, it's a bit of an ass-pull. The best I've got is that those weird armored lumps on Feraligatr's arms have become specialized muscles that can absorb external electricity, and its scales now conduct electricity around Feraligatr and funnel it into the motor muscles, a bit like how a car's outer shell conducts electricity from lightning strikes around the passengers and into the tires. Also, Mega Sceptile made a similar ass-pull first, so shut up.

With that out of the way, finding a way to compete with the raw damage output of base Gatr's double Sheer Force + Life Orb boost was hard, but I think I found a way. Motor Drive affords Mega Gatr more setup opportunities by turning a weakness into an immunity. Additionally, because it's now faster, and has the potential to become even faster through Motor Drive, it has more incentive to run Swords Dance over Dragon Dance, which actually lets it outdamage base Gatr due to the faster rate of boosting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)