Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

:typhlosion::walrein::conkeldurr:
Hey, everyone!! In addition to the ongoing vote for slate 24, a small update: we have a poll on new move additions and potential buffs!

This poll will last until 12 hours after slate 24 voting closes, and we will require at least a 60% supermajority in the poll to go through with each of these changes.
That said, these are changes that the original creators of these Megas support and have also all been approved by the council, so now we're just checking the public opinion before we go through with them. C:

(This uh. Shouldn't require you to be logged in or anything, but please tell me if it does and I will try to fix that! I wanted this to be as easy to fill out as a strawpoll usually is; I just also didn't want to bombard you guys with seven strawpolls. XP
I hope this is an okay way to format this, haha - let me know if there's anything I can do to make it more convenient, in this case or in the future!)

For those interested, the affected Mega Evolutions are Typhlosion, Walrein and Conkeldurr!

Walrein and Conkeldurr have long been established as two of the least viable Mega Evolutions in the mod so far, so we're optimistic that this will give them a much-needed boost while staying in the spirit of the original submissions.
Typhlosion may not need quite as much help as the other two, but it was tested today for the first time and also seemed to be struggling in its role, and there are also some buffs here that we hope will help it to succeed.

:walrein: Mega Walrein is meant to be a rain-using Pokémon that makes use of Water STAB and Freeze-Dry to achieve perfect neutral coverage, but it struggles as a Swift Swim user because it faces steep competition from Mega Swampert, which is all but mandatory on rain teams for its crucial Electric immunity and takes up the Mega slot that Walrein needs.
Drizzle is an Ability that stays true to the original submission's goals while making it self-sufficient - it gets the same benefits out of rain that it always does, but it doesn't need the rest of its team to be rain-themed to do that; Swampert will still be the uncontested best Mega for dedicated rain teams (and probably always will be), while the buffed Walrein is less support-reliant and brings everything it needs for itself, making it easier to slot into other teams that value its coverage and bulk.

Unlike Walrein, which faces competition from another Mega Evolution, :conkeldurr: Mega Conkeldurr struggles to stand out against its own base form - Guts Conkeldurr hits harder and has higher Speed, while Mega Conkeldurr's main advantage is meant to be its longevity, but it doesn't currently have the tools it needs to make use of that.
In addition, while Guts Conkeldurr currently runs a fairly straightforward set of its choice of Fighting STAB, Mach Punch, Knock Off and Facade, Mega Conkeldurr is unable to make use of Facade, which gives it a moveslot to spare for a more defensively-inclined move to expand on its role as the longer-lasting Conkeldurr set.
The proposed buff of Shore Up (which also ties into Conkeldurr's heavy concrete theme, with sand being important to make concrete more effective at binding) fits neatly into this dead moveslot, enabling Mega Conkeldurr to run boosting sets viably and to make the most of its improved longevity.
The alteration to its stat spread simply undoes the original submission's nerf to Speed, which was purely flavor-driven and did not serve a purpose (hence the points being deliberately thrown away into Special Attack) but has turned out to be more crippling than intended.
The ideal result of these buffs is that Guts Conkeldurr is valued more for its breaking power, while Mega Conkeldurr's substantially increased bulk enables it to make better use of Bulk Up and Shore Up as a still-impressive breaker with more staying power.

Between Stealth Rock and its reliance on recoil moves for most of its power, it was found that :typhlosion: Mega Typhlosion loses its HP too quickly and goes down too soon to serve its purpose well, both as a wallbreaker and as a potential offensive support Pokémon with Ignite-boosted Rapid Spin and Explosion.
The addition of Hone Claws is to address this by making Mega Kick a viable alternative to Head Charge for physical sets, while Morning Sun occasionally gives it the opportunity to win back its sacrificed health and might add to its longevity as a Rapid Spinner - recovery is always important for a hazard remover that can't wear Boots, especially one as vulnerable to hazards as Typhlosion has the misfortune to be.

Who is ready for the third announcement of the voting phase

Hi, everyone!!
This is... a slightly unusual idea, but it's something that came up recently on the Discord, and I think the circumstances of slate 25 make it an ideal time for a test run.
Important to stress: I cannot guarantee that this will be a regular part of our format! This first attempt will be our chance to see how feasible it is to run and to weigh its effects on the submission process, and... well, I'm hoping for the best!
We'll see what happens this time before making any guarantees about the future. XP

Before I start, I would like to note the benefits of trying out this particular idea now:

* I am relatively free this week, so I can commit to making sure this particular attempt runs as smoothly as possible, and I can (hopefully) afford to handle potential unforeseen issues as we go; I would not be as comfortable taking a risk like this at a time when this was uncertain and I didn't think I could be flexible, haha.
* As a result of the ongoing polls, the schedule for coding this slate is a bit different, and I can confirm that there are about 36 hours left for people to put forward their requests - if you have a submission that you'd like to see featured, as new as this is, you should still have plenty of time to get it approved this time around!
* We are about to enter a two-week phase of analysis and reflection, and we won't immediately be jumping into another slate or immediately need to know whether we can do this again - what better time is there to try something new than now?​

With all of that said, I'm going to take that risk and offer a new (very experimental) opportunity for everyone!

M4A: Submission Sandbox

The Submission Sandbox will be a temporary side format, hosted on Dragon Heaven alongside our usual formats. It will only be visible during the submission phase of slate 25, and potentially future submission phases depending on how this goes.

This will be a playable format that plays host to a handful of unusual submissions that are shared and requested early in a given slate - specifically, as mentioned above, there will be 36 hours starting now to get in touch with me (here or on the Discord) to put forward submissions that you'd like to see hosted, as well as to discuss submissions that have been put forward in the new #submission-sandbox channel on the Discord.

The standards for this will be relatively high - not every submission can be featured!
This is primarily aimed at submissions that warrant advance testing, especially ones that have proven difficult to evaluate or compare to existing Pokémon.
In cases of a particularly unique competitive concept, such as a custom Ability that is hard to compare to any existing one or a significant and unexplored combination of existing effects or stats, it can be difficult to judge in some cases whether they will pan out in practice and how much help they need from stats and moves to serve their purpose; in some more controversial cases, whether they can reasonably be allowed (or whether or not they are fundamentally unhealthy); and sometimes just whether a particularly unusual combination of a move and an Ability is workable in practice.

We will also be paying close attention to optics for a submission to qualify for this, and we will also have relatively high standards to make sure an idea has been developed as much as it could be before adding it; we will only have one chance to add a submission and cannot make updates throughout the week, so an idea must be ready for testing to be added to the list as well.
Preferably, please either share your ideas in the Discord's #submission-feedback channel and take into account to the response you get from other interested users or be prepared to discuss it with me when you get in touch to request its inclusion (this is much easier on the Discord! please use the Discord if you can!) rather than expecting a first draft to be added unconditionally.
Also be prepared to answer the question "but why?" a lot if the reasoning and competitive purpose behind your concept aren't obvious - the Submission Sandbox is not a place to throw ideas at a wall and see what sticks without deep consideration!

Also be aware that, if there are no questions to be answered about your submission, there is a very low chance that it warrants testing!
If you're not doing anything particularly unconventional or "risky," it's entirely possible that the case will be closed before it even gets to the Submission Sandbox - it might just be accepted as a submission if there isn't anything left to prove one way or another!
This shouldn't be seen as a bad thing or a rejection at all - if you can be confident in your submission without needing to test it extensively, there's no need to rely on this, and that's probably just a sign that the way you've balanced the submission is convincing and trustworthy and that we don't have doubts about it. C:

If your submission is accepted, here's what you can expect!

* The coding will be submitted at the same time as slate 24 and any buffs that have passed.
* This should take place no later than 48 hours before the submission slate closes.
* You will be expected to make use of the sandbox sandbox feature - please don't submit for testing if you aren't prepared to do any yourself! It's best to have an opponent lined up who's willing to fight you within the last two days of the submission phase, so you can demonstrate what needs to be tested, save replays to feature in your post explaining your points, and make adjustments to your submission as needed. You're also encouraged to share this process with the rest of the community in the #submission-sandbox channel and be receptive to outside input during this process!
* If you do submit to the sandbox and, short of extenuating circumstances, don't show any serious attempt to make use of it, it's less likely that you'll be trusted with this opportunity in the future; please take this seriously if you use it!

The aforementioned #submission-sandbox channel on our Discord will double as a place to discuss whether submissions warrant testing - feel free to bring them up there, and don't be afraid to ask if you aren't sure!
Again, if you're interested in having a submission for the upcoming slate featured in the Submission Sandbox, you will have 36 hours from now to make that known and get in touch with me or the #submission-sandbox channel on the Discord.

I hope this goes well, and I would appreciate everyone's patience as we work through this and see if it's something we can adopt in the future and how it affects the submission process!
Thank you guys for everything!!

Lastly, please remember to vote in this:

as well as on slate 24's wonderful submissions!!
Slate 24's voting phase will close in a bit over 26 hours, and the potential buffs poll will last about 12 hours after that!

MAN this was tough as always ;-;
Everyone did such an amazing job - especially with Starmie?? There are so many cool ideas that take it in totally different directions!!
I'm really excited for whatever ends up winning!!
:starmie: Mega Starmie:

1) BitBitio
2) Hematemesis
3) okispokis
4) zxgzxg
5) DrPumpkinz
6) ViZar
7) kakaks
8) BlueRay
9) TheUltraFinder​

:delibird: Mega Delibird:

1) BlueRay
2) MegaFlareon
3) Hematite
4) okispokis
5) zxgzxg​

:sawsbuck-winter::sawsbuck: Mega Sawsbuck: :sawsbuck-summer::sawsbuck-autumn:

1) BlueRay
2) PalpitoadChamp
3) BitBitio
4) MegaFlareon
5) kakaks
6) DrPumpkinz
7) ViZar​

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
Aaaand the votes are in! Sorry this post is a bit late, I had a whole extra section to type that will probably make itself very obvious once you read the whole post!

Before I get started, a quick run-down of how this works:
  • Each vote contributes one point to its first-place choice
  • The candidates are ordered based on both the number of first-place votes and the number of total votes, and eliminated from the bottom
  • Any vote whose first choice has been eliminated instead gives its point to its second choice, or whatever its next ranking is. (On the sheet, points that have moved in this manner are highlighted in yellow.)
  • The elimination and re-ranking process continues until there are two remaining, upon which the one with more points is the winner.
  • You can view the whole thing on this spreadsheet.
Without further ado...

:starmie: Mega Starmie: BlueRay !! finally... someone wins the pokemon in their pfp...
Mega-Starmie

New Ability
: Rotation
Basically works like Download but only boosts Defense or Special Defense.
This is what happens when Starmie mega-evolves or switches in:
1) If the foe's Attack is higher than its Special Attack, the user will increase its Defense by one stage.
2) If the foe's Special Attack is higher than its Attack, the user will increase its Special Defense by one stage.
3) If both Attack and Special Attack of the opponent's Pokémon are the same, the user will increase its Defense by one stage.

Type: Water | Psychic

New stats:
HP: 60
Attack: 75
Defense: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Special Attack: 100 -> 140 (+40)
Special Defense: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Speed: 115 -> 135 (+20)
BST: 520 -> 620 (+100)

New moves:
competitive: Moonblast, Stored Power, Calm Mind, Future Sight, Photon Geyser
flavour: Follow Me, Moonlight, Luster Purge, Doom Desire, Prismatic Laser

Description:
1) One of Starmie's main problems is that, while it would love to activate its Hidden Ability "Analytic" to put offensive pressure on the opponent, it can't make the best use of it due to its relatively low bulk. "Rotation" patches up this flaw perfectly, and combined with its high Special Attack stat, Mega-Starmie is almost as strong as its Life Orb set (not counting "Analytic"). Moreover, its improved defensive potential allows it to set-up with Calm Mind with ease, therefore putting high pressure on the opponent as they can't break Mega-Starmie easily if the trainer uses "Rotation" cleverly.
To conclude: "Rotation" emphasizes Starmie's offensive and defensive potential and relies on the user's skill to make it work efficiently.

2) There are different ways to play Mega-Starmie:
a. You can use an offensive EV spread with three attacking moves and Calm Mind to make it a late-game sweeper, for instance.
b. You can use a more defensive EV spread with two attacking moves and two status moves like Recover and Calm Mind, which allows Starmie to better take hits on a regular basis and set-up. This comes at the cost of not having immediate fire power, though.
c. With its defensive qualities and access to Flip Turn, you could make good use of Future Sight or even Doom Desire to support your attackers.

3) Pokédex Entry: By rotating its body in a clockwise or counterclockwise direction, Mega-Starmie is able to unleash strong psychic power to adjust to any situation. Coupled with increased analytical skills, this Mega-Evolution represents the highest form of adaptability, ideal for conducting research in space, according to Poké-Scientists.
1608327178691.png

BlueRay - 6
kakaks - 5
BitBitio - 4
okispokis - 3
zxgzxg, War Incarnate, MegaFlareon, Hematemesis, DrPumpkinz, Abismal, PalpitoadChamp - 1

:delibird: Mega Delibird: Hematite !!
:delibird: Mega Delibird
New Ability: Vital Spirit / Hustle / Insomnia -> Spirit of Giving
(On entry, Mega Delibird restores all items that have been removed from its team, such as by Knock Off or by being used up.)
Type: Ice/Flying

New Stats:
HP: 45
Attack: 55 -> 25 (-30)
Defense: 45 -> 120 (+75)
Special Attack: 65 -> 85 (+20)
Special Defense: 45 -> 120 (+75)
Speed: 75 -> 35 (-40)
(430 BST)

New moves: Celebrate, Healing Wish, Roost, U-turn, Wish
Description:
With all of the item-themed Delibird running around, it seems like everyone had item control on the mind, haha - but this one gives a look at a different side of that!
Right now, Knock Off is considered... basically the most spammable move in the game - it's a strong attack in its own right, so it's one of the most notable forms of utility that both offensive Pokémon and walls can use for free; there are remarkably few ways to punish it; and unless they're holding one of a few specific items that can't be removed by Knock Off (ans two thirds of any given team prooobably won't be!), nearly every Pokémon can be crippled for the entire rest of the game if it's hit by the move.
And you know what's absolutely crazy?
There's currently not a single way to get those items back after they're lost!! Once you switch in on a Knock Off, even a weak one from a wall or even if you resist the move, there are no second chances. It's no wonder the move is so widely used!
Mega Delibird (hopefully) carves a niche for itself by doing the one thing nothing else can - a special delivery from this charming little courier will have your team geared up and your supplies restocked in no time!

That said, this isn't just a unique form of counterplay to perhaps the most powerful and widely-utilized move in the game - it also completely changes the tools that are available to you in the teambuilder!
Part of what makes this Ability so neat is that it can also let you get away with running other strategies that are normally super hard to pull off!
There are some really cool moves, items and Abilities out there that aren't used as often as they could be because you only get one shot at them - moves like Natural Gift and Fling and items like the Blunder Policy and pinch berries aren't used nearly as often as ones with more staying power; Abilities like Harvest are unfortunately shut down completely by a single Knock Off; effects as potent as Unburden are kept in check by their single-use nature; and even a move like Acrobatics has more limited applications because the opportunity cost of using it is so high.
But so long as Delibird can keep coming in safely, all of these can be refreshed and your team can stay equipped for anything - it becomes way more viable to explore unusual strategies like this, too!

I feel like this Ability captures the essence of Delibird simply and neatly while also having a pretty cool impact on teambuilding and making its Trainer's life a whole lot easier, so I'm optimistic that it can see use and add an interesting layer to our meta despite Delibird's reputation, and I'm pretty happy with it!
Also, as I said of my last sub,
I just think this is really cute okay
1608327100152.png

Hematite's sub had over half of the total available first-place votes, meaning that even if another sub had gotten every other possible vote it would not have beaten it.
Honorable mention goes, of course, to DrPumpkinz' Delibird, which was (before its withdrawal) inarguably the single most popular submission in MfA history! I'm gonna talk a bit more about that later in the post, though.

:sawsbuck-winter: Mega Sawsbuck: ViZar !!
:bw/sawsbuck::bw/sawsbuck-summer::bw/sawsbuck-autumn::bw/sawsbuck-winter:
New Ability: Spring Fever (Grass moves have an 30% to either inflict confusion, infatuation or cause the opponent to get lazy [Truant effect].)
Type: Grass Fairy

New stats:
HP: 80 => 80 (+0)
Atk: 105 => 125 (+20)
Def: 70 => 80 (+10)
Sp. Atk: 60 => 100 (+40)
Sp. Def: 70 => 80 (+10)
Init: 95 => 115 (+20)
BST: 475 => 575

New moves: Petal Blizzard, Play Rough, Moonblast
Description: This ability is based on real world Spring Fever. I gave it the Fairy typing, because I think that it represents Spring, other than Grass (which it already has). Petal Blizzard also fits the spring theme, Fairy moves are there for stab and alongside Jump Kick and Swords Dance it can hit many things super effectively.

Sample set:
Sawsbuck @ Sawsbuckite
Ability: Spring Fever
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Petal Blizzard
- Play Rough
- Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
New Ability: Summer Days (This ability acts like Solar Power, when the SpA is the highest stat and it acts like Chlorophyll, when the Spe is the highest stat.)
Type: Grass Fire

New stats:
Atk: 105 => 105 (+0)
Def: 70 => 70 (+0)
Sp. Atk: 60 => 135 (+75)
Sp. Def: 70 => 70 (+0)
Init: 95 => 120 (+25)

New moves: Leaf Storm, Overheat, Flame Burst, Flamethrower, Growth
Description: This one was difficult. I thought what would be more usable for a mon who already has Chlorophyll? Well I decided to give both Chlorophyll and Solar Power. I love ability concept in which you can decide how it works. You can run a modest Solar Power mon with Ability or a Fire type with Chlorophyll which can run growth. It really depends on what you want and need.

Sample set:
Sawsbuck-Summer @ Sawsbuckite
Ability: Summer Days
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Energy Ball
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Growth
New Ability: Autumn Leaves (Grass moves have a 20% chance to flinch)
Type: Grass Ghost

New stats:
Atk: 105 => 115 (+10)
Def: 70 => 115 (+45)
Sp. Atk: 60 => 60 (+0)
Sp. Def: 70 => 115 (+45)
Init: 95 => 95 (+0)

New moves: Petal Blizzard, Poltergeist, Shadow Sneak, Halloween, Strength Sap
Description: This one was easy. Halloween is in Autumn, so the most logical thing to do was making Sawsbuck a Ghost type. The Ability is nothing special, I gave it some bulk and some obvious Ghost type additions. Halloween is a flavor move and it makes perfect sense for it.

Sample set:
Sawsbuck-Autumn @ Sawsbuckite
Ability: Autumn Leaves
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Poltergeist
- Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
New Ability: A Winter's Tale (Ice moves make 10% more damage, each time they get used. The boost increases to 20% in hail.)
Type: Grass Ice

New stats:
Atk: 105 => 125 (+20)
Def: 70 => 70 (+0)
Sp. Atk: 60 => 125 (+65)
Sp. Def: 70 => 70 (+0)
Init: 95 => 110 (+15)

New moves: Icicle Crash, Ice Shard, Blizzard, Ice Beam, Freeze Dry
Description: Ready for a Snowball fight? I had this same idea for Item Factory, where I gave the Snowball a new effect. Suprise, it didn't win, but I liked the idea, so included it in this form of Sawsbuck. Hail could need any help it can get.

Sample set:
Sawsbuck-Winter @ Sawsbuckite
Ability: A Winter's Tale
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
1608327118838.png

ViZar - 8
BlueRay - 4
kakaks - 3
MegaFlareon - 2
BitBitio, PalpitoadChamp, DrPumpkinz, TheUltraFinder, Caionamax - 1

As I mentioned earlier in the post, the council would also like to extend an honorable mention to DrPumpkinz' Mega Delibird submission, which would have won with absolutely no contest if he had not withdrawn it.
1608323392544.png
Part of the fun of getting a present is not knowing what it is until you open it.

1608324885047.png

Mega Delibird
Type:
Ice / (primary type of winning Mega Winter Sawsbuck, secondary if Ice)
Ability: As One (Hustle + ability of winning Mega Winter Sawsbuck)
Moves: Swords Dance, Roost
Stats:
Att: 72 + X
Def: 51 + X
SpA: 43 + X
SpD: 51 + X
Spe: 68 + X
X = whatever stat boost the winning Mega Winter Sawsbuck has
Initial stats are those of regular Sawsbuck, scaled down to Delibird's BST

Now, I know what you're thinking.

"Pumpkinz, what's the point of this if it's just gonna be Mega Sawsbuck but again?"

Well, that's where you'd be mistaken. Not only are the stats different (slower and frailer, but stronger thanks to Hustle) but the movepool is also completely different due to being Delibird and not Sawsbuck. The only similarities are having the same ability, and the same type (unless someone subs a non-Ice Winter Sawsbuck and wins).
As a matter of fact, we've actually prepared a little something to commemorate this rad sub that everyone loved but admittedly would probably have ended up underwhelming were it chosen as the winner! So consider this our xmas gift for y'all this season... ;D
... Delibird's Sawsbuckite is reacting to the Key Stone!

1608324885047.png

Mega Delibird (Festive Rider)
Type:
Ice / Grass
Ability: As One (Hustle + A Winter's Tale (Ice moves deal 10% more damage each time they are used. The boost increases to 20% in hail.))
Moves: Swords Dance, Roost
Stats: 45/92/51/108/51/83
Att: 92 (72 + 20)
Def: 51
SpA: 108 (43 + 65)
SpD: 51
Spe: 83 (68 + 15)

Yes, you heard me right!
As the vote-counter I really didn't feel right letting such a popular sub be left out of the running, especially since it was on track to just Win if DrPumpkinz hadn't emphatically requested its withdrawal.

So I asked the rest of the council if there was some way we could somehow have both! :D As... an easter egg, I guess?, in addition to the normal Mega Delibird, you will also be able to Mega Evolve Delibird with Sawsbuck's Mega Stone and use Mega Delibird (Festive Rider) in battles in MfA!

It's been really, really awesome to get to work on this mod with so many creative and enthusiastic people who all contribute so much to making this mod what it is. It just felt in the spirit of things - the spirit of the season, and the spirit of the mod - to do this!

So... a heartfelt Merry Christmas and Thank You to DrPumpkinz and everyone else, from the whole MfA v7 council! Thank you for making this mod such a great place to be over the last few months!!
vwheel.png

and just for the record, about having more than one mega for something; these are very special circumstances! please do not expect this to ever happen again! :'D

Before I proceed, let's quickly go over some upcoming events!

As Hematite mentioned in his last post, starting on Thursday, December 24th (when voting ends for Slate 25), we will be taking a two-week break from slates to compile some much-needed metagame information and teambuilding resources, as well as hold some battle events. This break will last until Friday, January 8th, at which point Slate 26 will open for submissions.

The details about what sorts of battle events we are going to hold are currently still being decided, but for certain you can prepare teams for:
- A monotype tour
- A Mega Dragonite suspect
- At least one normal, unrestricted tour

We will keep you posted with the schedule plans as the week goes on!

aaaaaand finally,
Submissions are now open for Slate 25!
:ss/flygon: :ss/lurantis: :ss/drapion:
If you think none of these being actual Bug-types is going to stop them from being some of my favorite Pokemon ever, you have got the wrong idea! Submissions for Mega Flygon, Mega Drapion and Mega Lurantis will close on Tuesday, December 22nd or 96 hours from this post, as usual.

Here are some notes from Hematite about these Pokemon to keep in mind for your submissions:​
For :lurantis: Mega Lurantis, I think it's worth remembering that, because the base form will offer a powerful form of setup and it is almost impossible to prevent it from making use of this, you will need to balance your submission with its access to this kind of setup in mind; all submissions have access to Contrary Superpower and Contrary Leaf Storm even if the Mega itself doesn't have Contrary, so any submissions that are broken by those moves will be vetoed accordingly.
(With that said, I would personally recommend giving your Mega access to some comparable form of setup if you're planning on making it a special attacker, since it doesn't have any other reliable boosting on that side. Balancing it to rely on Contrary will make it very risky to use if it loses all of its power the first time it switches out, after all.)
There's a balance to strike here, to keep it from being broken by Contrary or underpowered for lack of it - I trust that people can get it right, but I just wanted to point out the risks up front so people would have that in mind!
For :drapion: Mega Drapion, it came up a few times on the Discord that people were interested in adding Wicked Blow, and I thought I should note that that's also not necessarily something I would allow. Regardless of how the Mega is balanced around it, with base Drapion having Sniper, on top of many other potential advantages over Urshifu (including greater immediate breaking power, Swords Dance and Agility access, better special bulk and an amazing defensive type), it's very difficult to guarantee that we wouldn't be introducing an extremely strong breaker into our meta that's not even a Mega Evolution; this is the kind of buff that we would try to avoid, as it's not in the spirit of the mod to introduce major threats outside of our domain of Mega Evolutions (and also it kinda just might be broken? I don't trust that Drapion would even be balanced with it).
For :flygon: Mega Flygon, if your submission is not Ground-type, I will smite you okay thanks everyone have fun!!!!
Also, remember: After voting has wrapped up for Slate 25, we will be taking a two-week break for metagame development! Slate 26 will not open for submissions until Friday, January 8.

All right, that's all from me! As always, I look forward to seeing your submissions! ^o^​

...ahem.

1608277925014.png

:lurantis: Lurantis-Mega
Grass-->Grass/Fairy
Leaf Guard/Contrary-->Elegance (this Pokemon's secondary effects are guaranteed, unless this Pokemon is afflicted with a status condition, volatile or non-volatile.)
New Stats: 70/125/110/100/110/65
HP: 70-->70 (+0)
Attack: 105-->125 (+20)
Defense: 90-->110 (+20)
Special Attack: 80-->100 (+20)
Special Defense: 90-->110 (+20)
Speed: 45-->65 (+20)
New Moves: Play Rough, Moonblast, Silver Wind, Moonlight

Description: Lurantis is a super cool Pokemon that I've always appreciated. I love its unique flavor, depiction in the anime and games, and I wish it was better competitively. I also fully realized that balancing a Mega Lurantis was a fine line to walk- make it too capable of abusing the pre-mega Contrary boosts, and it's broken. Make it not be able to take good enough advantage of the tools allotted it... and you just use another Grass type. This Mega Lurantis is admittedly very, very ambitious, and without a doubt the closest sub I've made to being broken without actually being broken, but I digress.
Let me give you the backstory to this sub: I was doing some schoolwork, thinking about random stuff absently, and my mind caught on a thought. Back in Megas For All v6, I lurked a lot. Basically, from the Galar starters slate forward, I watched as many a concept was submitted and didn't even register an account to vote for my favorites. I simply watched. And then, slate 10 arrived. That one was Froslass, Butterfree, and Slowking, counterparts to canon Megas Glalie, Beedrill, and Slowbro respectively. One submission in particular caught my eye- so much so that I decided to make a sub for the next slate, and join the community. The submission in question was Mega Butterfree by Hematite. I thought it was absolutely brilliant. Its ability was Iridescence- the secondary effects of Mega Butterfree's Bug Type moves were guaranteed with that ability. In my eyes, no other Butterfree could possibly compete with that- Silver Wind and Bug Buzz with that ability? So cool! Ironically, on that slate, a different Mega Butterfree, albeit my second favorite, ended up winning- somewhat to my chagrin, although Hematite's Slowking and Froslass for that slate did end up winning as well, lol.
Anyways, point is, that Mega Butterfree was actually the catalyst that convinced me to join the mod, so despite me not having been really involved or present really at all at the time, I remain very appreciative of that Butterfree to this day. And I was just sitting there thinking, and at some point my mind somehow remembered Iridescence Butterfree- and I wondered- what does Lurantis have to abuse this?
As it turned out, Lurantis did not have much to abuse it at all. It has the following: Nature Power turning into Tri Attack, Poison Jab/Cross Poison, Energy Ball, and Snore. I brought it up with the incredible Hematite on whether he would be okay with me using the idea for a Lurantis. I was met with enthusiastic support. After some discussion, including separate work-in-progress versions with varying stat spreads and movepools (Seed Flare, Fire Lash, and Thunderous Kick were all considered at separate times), we settled on the above move additions. Silver Wind, combined with Energy Ball, emulates the original Butterfree's gimmick- Guaranteed Special Defense drops, and guaranteed omniboosting with Silver Wind. It also changed typing to be Grass/Fairy- a type combination that I believe uniquely fits Lurantis quite well both in terms of flavor and being somewhat more competitively useful than pure Grass for this sub- it in turn gains STAB Moonblast and Play Rough to give it another fun form of stat drops and basic STAB on both sides. Moonlight, while unnecessary, adds a sort of flavorwise duality to Lurantis that will be explained momentarily once I get to the flavor-oriented section of this submission.
The stat changes were carefully selected- With them, Lurantis is a little bit bulkier, noticeably faster while remaining slower than a majority of offensive threats, and stronger on both sides of the spectrum. Mixed attackers, to paraphrase Hematite's words, are cool because they use tools from both sides that they otherwise wouldn't have access to if fully in one direction. The original Lurantis is like this as well- it technically is stronger on the special side than Serperior, with Contrary Leaf Storm. However, unlike Serperior, instead of bypassing Steel types with Hidden Power, it instead goes mixed and runs Superpower- a tool that it wouldn't have access to if fully special. It runs Superpower despite the opportunity cost of doing so- It loses out on power, speed, or bulk if it does- Contrary Leaf Storm is on its own plenty good enough as STAB and as a nuke, as clearly demonstrated by Serperior's viability in tiers like SM OU and NatDex. This Mega Lurantis does the same as base Lurantis, but in a super cool, different way, that I will explain once I flesh things out a little bit more here.
Now to get on to the competitive rundown of this submission- Mega Lurantis aims to carefully snowball with synergy between its moves- Energy Ball's guaranteed Special Defense drops force switches- and these switches give it room to set up Silver Wind boosts. These boosts let it become more threatening as time goes on.
However, there is still the issue of dealing with Steels. Weather Ball is unfeasible due to it relying on playing the long game and slowly accumulating boosts, which doesn't synergize well at all with Sun, a very limited field effect, especially with the prominence of weather as a whole. And it isn't like you can just bring Torkoal back in- Doing so costs valuable boosts on a move with a mere 8 PP, and Lurantis can't afford to fit Sunny Day itself- that alone costs two moveslots, just to run a special Fire move! Hidden Power Fire is also very weak until several boosts have been accumulated, and even then it disrupts the process due to the fact that Lurantis will be forced out until it acquires the very boosts it needs to make real use of HP Fire! As you can see, Special coverage for Steels is a no-go. However, Lurantis still has Superpower, of course! Though it doesn't snowball with Superpower anymore, having lost Contrary, the stat drops that it brings are in fact mitigated by Silver Wind! Because Lurantis can, fairly reliably, set up with Silver Wind, in most contexts, it is capable of not dropping to the negative stat stages because Silver Wind is doing the lifting now instead of Contrary!
Now to speak more on the ability, and the flavor of this sub. Lurantis's Pokedex entries state:

SunIt requires a lot of effort to maintain Lurantis’s vivid coloring, but some collectors enjoy this work and treat it as their hobby.
Ultra MoonAs it slashes into its enemies, it looks like it’s dancing. Its elegant appearance has led some to call it the most glamorous Grass Pokémon.
SwordThis Pokémon resembles a beautiful flower. A properly raised Lurantis will have gorgeous, brilliant colors.
ShieldThe petals on this Pokémon’s arms are thin and super sharp, and they can fire laser beams if Lurantis gathers light first.
Essentially, from these four, we essentially learn a few things:
1. Lurantis is elegant. It is absolutely beautiful.
2. Lurantis is super high maintenance. It takes work to make it beautiful. It's no easy feat.
3. Lurantis is powerful, and from not only these but its depiction in the anime and games, it seems to draw a lot of its power from light. It used to have Solar Blade as its signature move, in fact!
So to put these together with the ability, added moves, and new typing, Lurantis has become an incredibly powerful (albeit light and maintenance dependent) Pokemon. Drawing its power now from both the sun and moon (which ties in neatly to its games of origin), Lurantis is more powerful than ever. This is all flavor of course, but it explains Moonlight, Moonblast, and I guess Play Rough on this, as well.
However, the maintenance aspect of this Pokemon remains- as suggested by Hematite, it musn't be statused, otherwise its beauty and in turn its power, wanes (excuse the moon pun.) The status drawback actually brings up even more little nuances and unique things about the submission. First, RestTalk sets are a no-go. It has to use its (light-dependent) low PP recovery moves to stay healhty. It also neatly eliminates any chance of Snore somehow being problematic with its theoretical 100% flinch chance. On top of this, Lurantis now must choose- Leaf Guard uniquely protects it from status as long as sun is up (another cool interaction with light!), at the obvious cost of possible pre-mega Contrary boosts. Another cool thing is that it does get Aromatherapy to work around status at the cost of a moveslot as well! Elegance was the name I chose for this ability- Lurantis's beauty and power is dependent on both light and how well it is maintained!
I believe that that this sub will in fact, be balanced, for those concerned. A long discussion with Hematite about it concluded in the fact that it clearly has a very powerful gimmick, but one that entirely is balanced. First of all, it is dependent on Silver Wind, a non-STAB (although flavorwise it fits quite well due to Lurantis being an honorary Bug and all) and weak attack that does nothing for its coverage- it remains walled by Fire, Poison, Steel, and Flying types, and costs Lurantis a STAB in most cases, which leads me to the next point- Lurantis essentially isn't using its Fairy STAB on most sets! This means that it isn't taking advantage of half of the benefits of the added typing, making it arguably more of a hindrance than a help, on top of the fact that it has very extreme four-moveslot-syndrome. It needs Silver Wind, Moonlight/Synthesis, and Energy Ball, but that fourth slot is a toss up between Superpower to not get walled by Steels and Fires, Aromatherapy/Substitute to mitigate status and ease setup, basic Fairy STAB on either end of the spectrum, Defog and Knock Off for utility, and the list probably goes on! Its best sets are crippled by not being able to run everything it needs. On top of this, it is dependent on low-PP moves- Its main healing move in Moonlight/Synthesis is a mere 8 PP, its primary snowballing tool in Silver Wind is a mere 8 PP, and its best coverage move is a mere 8 PP! And due to the amount of switches that Energy Ball forces, it can be difficult to make progress and lose PP on all of Lurantis’ moves without extremely good play. Corviknight is a particularly good counter, given that Pressure effectively halves Lurantis’ incredibly limited PP and its 4x resistance to both Energy Ball and Silver Wind means that it walls Lurantis pretty handily. Flying and Poison types in general are very challenging for Mega Lurantis to deal with.
However, this is still a very powerful submission regardless, and I understand concerns that people may have, which is why it will be thoroughly tested in the new M4A Sandbox format to ensure that it isn't overbearing, though I genuinely believe it isn't.
All in all, this Mega Lurantis has a ton of cool interactions, it means a lot to me as far as my involvement in this mod goes, and I just think it's super cool and will be an amazing addition to the mod! Thanks so much to Hematite for the inspiration, support, and aid he gave to this sub- it would not have been possible without him! Shoutout to him and everything he does for this mod! And thank you for reading this through to the end- I wasn't expecting to stay up until 2 AM writing this, but here I am. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Magmajudis

Title pending
:xy/flygon:
Screenshot_20201217-212709_Sheets.jpg
Description: Very powerful Sand abuser, with access to U-Turn to pivot and a really powerful Earthquake (Also see it's ground type don't smite me Hema)

:xy/drapion: :sm/Lurantis:
20201217_190313.jpg

Drapion's Description: Extremely dangerous stallbreaker, with access to Swords Dance, good ability for it's role and a Toxic immunity. Also sugested on Discord to test Super Fangs on this in the sandbox.

Lurantis's Description: So Lurantis is already such a unique mon, with the fact that it's a Contrary mixed slow attacker, that i thought it's one of those mons that just need better stats, but not really anything else to fulfill their role. I also gave it 100 offenses to avoid it becoming broken.

EDIT: After testing, Super Fangs isn't broken on this. So:

My Drapion gets Super Fangs

Last edited:
They're all bug types

Mega Drapion

drapion.gif

Type:
1608258411352.png
/
1608258418743.png

Ability: Sniper/Battle Armor/Keen Eye --> Merciless

HP: 70
Attack: 90 -> 145 (+55)
Defense: 110 -> 130 (+20)
SpAtk: 60 -> 60 (+0)
SpDef: 75 -> 100(+25)
Speed: 95 -> 95 (+0)

New Moves: Sucker Punch, Crush Grip, Superpower

Description: I'm surprised this ability isn't used more. Drapion with merciless works better than toxapex anyway, since toxapex isn't meant to be offensive. It learns what it needs to accomplish an effective Merciless strategy: Toxic Spikes, Toxic, Roar/Whirlwind. It gets earthquake for other poison types or steel types. And if it needs to, Drapion still carries the elemental fangs for flying types.

Mega Lurantis

lurantis.gif

Type:
1608255498533.png

Ability:
Leaf Guard/Contrary -> Drought

Stats:

Attack: 105 --> 135 (+30)
Defense: 90 --> 90
Sp.Atk: 80 --> 85(+5)
Sp.Def: 90 --> 90 (+0)
Speed: 45 --> 110 (+65)

New Moves: Agility, U-Turn.

Description: Now, I know what you're thinking. "Drought doesn't fit lurantis at all!" You'd be right, it pretty much doesn't. But drought helps lurantis quite a bit actually. Flavor wise, In Pokémon sun and moon there is a totem lurantis you face off against, and it usually calls a sunny castform to help it. Together they pull off a combination of Sun + Solar Blade so lets just pretend every time lurantis mega-evolves conveniently a castform will show up to help! So, competitively I think it'd do well. First of all, if it sets up with contrary you're done, because after that it can just spam solar blade or weather ball. You don't have to even run a contrary set to setup either since it has access to growth, swords dance, and now agility. Also gets reliable recovery with Synthesis.

Mega Flygon

flygon.gif

Type:
1608329298540.png
/
1608329304801.png

Ability: Levitate --> Erosive Storm (Summons sandstorm until withdrawn. Damaging wind based moves become ground type.)

Hurricane
Air Slash
Fairy Wind
Icy Wind
Silver Wind
Ominous Wind
Razor Wind
Air Cutter
Gust
Aeroblast
Twister

Stats:

HP: 80
Attack: 100 -> 115 (+15)
Defense: 80 -> 80 (+0)
Sp.Atk: 80 -> 120 (+40)
Sp.Def: 80 -> 95 (+15)
Speed: 100 -> 130 (+30)

New Moves: Hurricane, Quiver Dance, Dazzling Gleam

Description: Flygon's dex entries talk a lot about it flapping its wings to create sandstorms that it hides within. This mega flygon is basically that, And flygon's sprite's and model shows it airborne most of the time, so it'd make some sense that its always surrounded by a sandstorm. Anyway getting into the ability, its a primal sandstorm, it lasts forever. This allows flygon to pressure against stall with infinite chip damage from sandstorm and if it decides to run any wind moves they'll become ground type and ignore stat changes. Now with this, you can gain a base 110 STAB-Ground move, but it only has 70 accuracy, but It's probably worth running Earth Power or Air Slash on a QD set. For a Dragon Dance set you're still given options, flygon gets faster and a little stronger, but don't forget you still have the sandstorm to aid you.

Last edited:
:flygon: Mega Flygon
New Ability
: Punk Rock
Type: Ground/Dragon

New stats:
Attack: 100->80 (swapped with Sp. Atk)
Defense: 80->100 (+20)
Special Attack: 80->140 (swap with atk +40)
Special Defense: 80->110(+30)
Speed: 100->110 (+10)
(BST) 620

New moves: Hyper Voice, Clanging Scales, Eerie Spell
Description: Hit hard with sound-based moves. Go ham, pretty much.

:lurantis: Mega Lurantis
New Ability
: Mimicry
Type: Grass/Bug

New stats:
Attack: 105 -> 125 (+20)
Defense: 90 -> 120 (+30)
Special Attack: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Special Defense: 90 -> (+30)
Speed: 45
(BST) 580

New moves: Shadow Claw
Description: *mantis lords theme intensifies* Just use powerful moves to take down as many pokemon as you can. You wont be going first, you'll be hitting the hardest.

:drapion: Mega Drapion
New Ability
: Corrosion
Type: Dark/Poison

New stats:
Attack: 90 -> 100 (+10)
Defense: 110 -> 140 (+30)
Special Attack: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Special Defense: 75 -> 115 (+40)
Speed: 95
(BST) 600

New moves: Spikes
Description: Stall and use hazards to terminate the opposition.

:ss/lurantis:
Mega Lurantis
New Ability
: Nature's Beauty (When sun is not active, the BP of this pokemon's attacks are multiplied by 1.5x. When sun is active, multiply speed by 1.5x.)
Type: Grass

New stats:
Attack: 135 (+30)
Defense: 90
Special Attack: 80
Special Defense: 120 (+30)
Speed: 85 (+40)
(580 BST)

New moves: *crickets chirping*
Description:
Y'know how most weather abusers are basically useless once their preferred weather is removed? It's the reason that's truly strayed me away from playing a lot of weather teams on the competitive side of things. (with all due respects the only reason I do it is for fun value, not for actual competitiveness)

"But War Incarnate, there are tons of weather abusers that aren't useless outside of that desired weather!"

This statement is both right and wrong at the same time. Right in the context of regular pokemon, wrong because in 85% of those situations, abusing a certain weather condition is not their main role. Stuff like Tornadus-Therian that aren't useless outside of their desired weather (in this case, Rain) typically don't utilize it as their main role and instead prefer to serve different roles and fit on other archetypes. And besides, what little weather-abusing megas we do have typically either A) only excel in that weather, or B) end up not being very good (or even unviable) due to competition from other pokemon that achieve the same role while also being a lot more flexible.

While yes, this variant of Mega Lurantis isn't going to be top tier any time soon by itself or make Sun a top-tier archetype (it does, after all, still have the issue of being quite slow in and out of sun; it's actually slower than Venusaur under Sun due to the lower speed boost from the ability), it can at least be useful outside of Sun. Outside of it, this pokemon becomes a slow yet decently bulky and fearsome breaker that you probably do not want to switch in to, while under Sun, it becomes a fast and (still fearsome) sweeper. You got 70/90/120 defenses. 135 attack. A speed tier that, while not great, outspeeds a decent portion of the defensive metagame. You are still capable of doing things outside of Sun.

:ss/drapion:
Mega Drapion
New Ability
: Tainted Venom (When this pokemon uses a Poison-type move, lower the opponent's highest defensive stat by 1 stage. If this pokemon uses a Dark-type move, a Heal Block effect is applied to the target.)
Type: Dark/Poison

New stats:
Attack: 140 (+50)
Defense: 140 (+30)
Special Attack: 60
Special Defense: 95 (+20)
(600 BST)

New moves: no
Description:
I've never liked stall as a playstyle. To me, it stands out as boring and slow. Besides, what fun is it when your team is basically composed of pokemon that only set up some hazards and then take hits until they die 50 turns later? I like my games quick, and games that involve stall teams are not only slow but are never fun to watch. So this is why I've always had a liking for building megas that can hit hard and destroy teams with ease.

There are 2 aspects of stallbreakers that come to mind when you hear this word: brute force (Hoopa-U) and methods of disabling and crippling the opponent before eventually overpowering them (Spectrier). But rarely do you see pokemon use both, and even more rare are pokemon which stallbreak using both methods actually viable.

Drapion combines both to slowly but surely break the opponent down, one by one. Its Poison Jabs (it doesn't learn Gunk Shot) effectively weaken the opponent's strongest points, giving it leeway to wreck the sh*t out of the physical wall in front of it, while its Knock Off cripple the opponent even harder than they already would! A good wall will always have recovery and access to an item (there are a few exceptions, namely Mega Sableye) - if that source of recovery is blocked AND you don't have a usable item on you, that wall is going down real fast.

And if you thought that stallbreaking was all Drapion could do, trust me, you'd be wrong. Very, very, wrong. 140/95 defenses are great for such an offensive threat, and it even has a decent speed for what it wants to do. It may need a bit more support to function well versus other offensive teams, but with such advantages, you aren't deadweight versus offense. Oh yeah, let's not forget too that this pokemon has a decently strong base 140 attack too.

:ss/flygon: Mega Flygon
New Ability
: Levitate -> Desert's Spirit
In sandstorm, the opponent's Spa, Attack and Speed are reduced by 25%, and in sun, this pokemon's Spa, Attack, and Speed are increased by 25%. Ghost type attacks have x1.5 power when used by this pokemon.
Type: Dragon/Ground
New Stats:
Attack: 100 -> 125 (+25)
Defense: 80 ->
Special Attack: 80 -> 105 (+25)
Special Defense: 80 -> 100 (+20)
Speed: 100 -> 130 (+30)
New moves: Calm Mind, Ominous Wind, Shadow Ball
Description: Something I've noticed is that sun teams seem to be more balanced, while sandstorm is more offensive. I decided to continue that trend.

Mega Drapion
New Ability
: Sadistic Cruelty
Type: Dark/Poison -->Dark/Poison
This pokemon's recoil moves' recoil are shifted onto the target. Example: Drapion used double edge! Drapion was hurt by the recoil! [The opposing Rattata hung on using it's focus sash!] [Drapion's Sadistic Cruelty: The opposing Rattata was hurt with the recoil! Rattata fainted!]
New stats:
HP
: 70
Attack: 90 -> 150 (+60)
Defense: 110 -> 150 (+40)
Special Attack: 60 -> 95 (+35)
Special Defense: 75
Speed: 95 -> 60 (-35)

New Moves: Torment, Double Edge, Flare Blitz, Head Smash
Description: I. Hate. Chansey. And Blissey too. But they're dead now, thanks to this abomination.

Last edited:
1608335341095.png

Flygon-Mega
Type:
Ground/Dragon
Ability: Levitate-> Swarm Leader (User's damaging Bug type moves hit twice. The second hit has its damage quartered).
Stats

Attack: 100->120 (+20)
Defense: 80-> 90 (+10)
SpA: 80-> 110 (+30)
SpD: 80-> 90 (+10)
Speed: 100-> 130 (+30)
New Moves: +Lunge
Description:
Given Hematite's "request" we keep the Ground typing, I saw a unique opportunity to still make good advantage of Flygon's various Bug moves. I was initially just going to make a Steelworker clone for the ability, but then I got a more unique idea based on two sources: the tendency of dragonflies and damselflies to fly literally together while they mate, as well as Flygon's less commented on aviator influence (what with the goggle-like lenses). Since we want to keep this PG, I came up with the idea of Flygon as the squad leader of a swarm of small, unidentified insects (kind of like the fish that join to form Wishiwashi-School)/tiny Vibravas (because that image is funny to me) ala a locust swarm, which cause its Bug moves to work ala Parental Bond; I figured this wouldn't be overwhelming since a) the effect only happens to moves of one type and b) Mega Flygon doesn't even get STAB on the type. As for the stat spread, I wanted Flygon to be a fast threat that can still make good use of its diverse movepool, and of multiple Bug type moves. You can use it as a DDance sweeper, special attacker with Bug Buzz, support mon with the new Lunge or support/offensive pivot with U-turn (not entirely sure how Parental Bond works with a pivoting move, I admit).

Design: Flygon's lens merge to form a sleek visor, while a reed of something drapes across its neck like a scarf. Its wings split into 2 pairs, both white, and both flap more rapidly. Around Mega Flygon, a swarm of unidentified insects (or tiny Vibravas) flutter around their leader. *Flight of the Valkyries intensifies*
1608335327450.png

Drapion-Mega
Type:
Poison/Dark
Ability: Battle Armor/Keen Eye/Sniper-> Ultra Stinger (All tail moves gain an additional 50% chance to poison the target).
Tail Slap, Aqua Tail, Poison Tail, Dragon Tail, Iron Tail

Stats
Attack: 90-> 120 (+30)
Defense: 110-> 150 (+40)
SpA: 60-> 70 (+10)
SpD: 75-> 95 (+20)
New Moves: None
Description:
The power of Mega Evolution transforms Drapion's tail into a massive stinger that curls above its body, so venomous that all tail based moves have a high poison chance (I wanted it to be more than Poison Touch considering its more exclusive). This ability also informs Mega Drapion's playstyle as it uses its poison spreading to soften up walls, allowing it to break through them more easily. It finds opportunities to set up SD thanks to its solid defensive typing and meaty Defense stat, making it an ideal wallbreaker or late-game cleaner.

Design: In addition to the massive tail, Drapion develops a thick black carapace along its back that the tail rests on when not attacking, which also pushes its head down. Its claws become significantly larger.
1608335312426.png

Lurantis-Mega
Type:
Grass->Grass/Dark
Ability:
Contrary/Leaf Guard-> Lotus Aroma (When user is on the field, all Pokemon besides the user have the effect of the ability Contrary applied to them).
Stats

Attack: 105-> 125 (+20)
Defense: 90-> 100 (+10)
SpA: 80-> 105 (+25)
SpD: 90-> 115 (+25)
Speed: 45-> 65 (+20)
New Moves: +Air Slash, Charm, Dark Pulse, Leech Seed, Nasty Plot, Sucker Punch, Throat Chop
Description:
Having mastered the vibrancy of its colors in its base form, Lurantis harnesses the energy of Mega Evolution to produce a sweet scent that puts even Tsareena to shame; this scent is so fragrant that all attempts by other Pokemon to change their stats are reversed. This devious adaptation grants it the Dark typing, alongside several new Dark moves, plus Leech Seed as it can now sap the energy from its target. Air Slash because- why doesn't it already get that? Inspiration wise, Mega-Lure was inspired by the mythical Land of the Lotus. It's also not reliant on Contrary boosts, as I gave it NP and it naturally learns SD, meaning it can set up post-Mega (although the Contrary boost pre-Mega is still appreciated), and can viably run physical or special. Gameplay wise, the revised version of Lotus Aroma allows Mega Lurantis a unique role as an anti-meta Mega, continuing the idea of Contrary by turning the power of dangerous offensive sweepers against them.

Design: The petals on Lurantis' back grow into four large, white petals that meet like you typically see in flowers. Its pincers become green, while the body and legs are draped in a lush coat of small pink petals.

Edits: Altered list of Tail moves. Lurantis' ability Lotus Aroma changed from causing Attract to applying Contrary to all other Pokemon on the field.

Last edited:

Mega Drapion
New Ability: Flooding Poison ( Moves that don't Poison lose their secondary effect (if any) and gain a 50% chance to poison. Moves with a chance to Poison lose their secondary effect and gain a 30% chance to badly Poison
Type: Dark/Poison -->Water/Poison

New stats:
HP
: 70(+0)
Attack: 140 (+50)
Defense: 130 (20+)
Special Defense: 95 (+20)
Speed: 105(+10)

New Moves: Aqua Jet, Flip Turn
Flavor Moves: Muddy Water , Surf

Description: I don't know. I gets Aqua Tail and Rain Dance. The thought process was basically: Poison --> Acid --> Wet --> Water --> Water type. Plus its a little Blue soo... The idea of it is thats it generates so much poison its starts coming out in waves, and its body is covered in the stuff. As a result its Speed is increased( water=sliding), attack is increased (Having poison on you while attacking is ++ dmg), defense gets a buff because everything physically attacking you has to hit you through the poison, and Special defense cause' I had leftover points. We all know the great typing that is Water/Poison (i.e. Toxapex, Tentacruel, Qwilfish). Of course Poison/ Dark is better but I never thought of Drapion as mean and angry, just scary with all its pointy things. (I also never thought of him as a bug). From a competitive standpoint all his attacks have a Poison chance, which means he is now a great stall breaker. Moves like Poison jab now have a chance to Badly Poison, while his STAB Aqua Tail or Flip Turn get a chance to poison as well. He also becomes a great Pivot and his breaking power is increased greatly.

Mega Flygon
New Ability: Desert Aid
(On switch-in, If Sand is active, Mega Flygon heals it and allies for 1/4 of their maximum health. If Sand is not active, Sand and Misty Terrain is summoned)
Type: Ground/Dragon --> Ground/ Fairy

New stats:
HP
: 80 (+0)
Attack: 100 (+0)
Defense: 110 (+30)
Special Attack: 120 (+40)
Special Defense: 110(+30)
Speed: 90 (-10)

New Moves: Strange Stream, Moonlight
Flavor Moves: Aromatic Mist, Crafty Shield, Fairy Wind

Description: The idea behind Mega Flygon is that its hides its allies and itself in Mist and Sand and heals them with its Fairy Powers. Special Points are because it wants to fight from a distance so it can heal itself. Bulk Points are because it has better defense its its home territory. Mega Flygon is a great Dragon Counter upon Mega evolution with its new Fairy typing. U-turn in tandem with its ability makes for Regenerator on a smaller scale, but with better pivoting. Summoning Misty terrain and Sand enables Sand Rush users to have a field day, as they cannot be affected by statuses while the Terrain is up. They also can comes in very safely through U-turn. Moonlight gives recovery, and Strange Stream makes sense as well as as having a confusion chance, which breaks lots of hax. Just imagine a Pink Flygon rescuing you in a desert...

Theme: Hunting

:Drapion:
Mega Drapion

New Ability
: Intimidate

Type: Poison | Dark

New Stats:
Attack: 90 -> 130 (+40)
Defense: 110 -> 135 (+25)
Special Defense: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Speed: 95 -> 110 (+15)
BST: 500 -> 600 (+100)

New Moves:
competitive: Gunk Shot, Strength Sap, Flip Turn, Glare
flavour: Obstruct, Coil

Description:
1) There were several things that made me want to go for Intimidate. First of all, Poison | Dark is a fantastic defensive typing, and Intimidate allows it to underline that aspect even more, basically turning most physical moves it takes neutral damage from into resistance, such as physical Fighting moves! Moreover, according to the German pokédex entry, Drapion is classified as some sort of an ogre scorpion and ogre are generally very, very scary, unless you're Shrek.
While Strength Sap is a very strong status move, it does have some anti-synergy with Intimidate, which is intended and makes it very balanced, in my opinion. For instance, Mega Drapion is not supposed to sponge special moves on a regular basis--that's a job best left to Alolan Muk!--, therefore it will gain little HP from special walls or attackers. However, against physical attackers, Strength Sap is still a great move, especially if they try to set-up with Swords Dance or if they have Choice Band.
That said, it can be argued that Strengh Sap is like poison to weaken preys if they start acting difficult.

2) Strategy: Use Intimidate to better deal with physical attackers. Moreover, you should have an easier time setting-up hazards or boosting your offense with a status move like Swords Dance or Coil in front of physical attackers. Finally, you can use Mega Drapion as a status shuffler due to somewhat reliable recovery and access to different status moves to annoy your opponent, such as Toxik Spikes or Glare.

3) Pokédex entry: Thanks to Mega Evolution, Drapion no longer has to rely on surprise tactics during the night to overwhelm its prey. With its intimidating glare and look, it will literally freeze preys in their tracks.

:Lurantis:
Mega Lurantis

New Ability
: Hunter's Sight
The first time the user sees an opposing Pokémon, it will mark it as its prey. Meaning, the user's moves will always have +1 priority against its prey whenever it mega-evolves or switches in to attack during its first turn (like First Impression or Fake Out). Only if the prey is "dead" will the user choose another prey.

New stats:
Attack: 105 -> 145 (+40)
Defense: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Special Defense: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Speed: 45 -> 65 (+20)
BST: 480 -> 580 (+100)

New Moves:
competitive: Power Whip, U-Turn, Strength Sap, Pursuit
flavour: Camouflage, Mimic, First Impression

Description:
1) Orchid mantis are quite adapted at camouflage since they're able to mimic parts of an orchid flower and lure bugs in. In a big moment of surprise, they will lash at their prey who are too shocked to even realize the flower was a trap.

2) Pokédex entry: Mega-evolution turned Lurantis into a very ferocious hunter that won't give up on their prey as, just like real orchid mantis, they love the thrill of hunting.

:Flygon:
Mega Flygon

New Ability
: Buzz
User's sound moves apply Torment affect to the target.

Type: Ground | Dragon

New stats:
Attack: 100 -> 80 (swapped)
Defense: 80 -> 115 (+35)
Special Attack: 80 -> 130 (swapped, then +30)
Special Defense: 80 -> 95 (+15)
Speed: 100 -> 120 (+20)
BST: 520 -> 620 (+100)

New moves:
competitive: Quiver Dance, Clanging Scales
flavour: Sing

Description:
Doubles: Just like Mega Salamance, Mega Flygon is suited for Double battles. It is not hindered by the omnipresence of Intimidate and has access to a very valuable SpAtk stat that makes Earth Power quite potent, unlike Earthquake which can be affected by Intimidate or Wide Guard. It has enough physical defense to take most strong physical moves, like Double Edge from Mega Salamane or Ice Punch from Mega Swampert after Intimidate. Moreover, Earthquake from the likes of Landorus-T are a 3HKO.
Mega Flygon's potential as an efficient Pokémon in Doubles is further stressed by its ability to restrict your opponent's tactics and possibly avoid harmful damage done to your Pokémon. For instance, if you use Protect and your opponent goes for a move that is effective to your Pokémon, you can use a sound move to stop it for a turn! Also, after one Quiver Dance, it's strong enough to 2HKO most Pokémon with Clanging Scales in Doubles.

Singles: With Access to Quiver Dance and Clanging Scales, Mega Flygon can start sweeping and be different from other Pokémon who share its typing. Also, the use of sound moves such as Clanging Scales and Boomburst allows you take advantage of strategies like Substitute or Roost since it can avoid dangerous moves every second turn, therefore making it even more likely to use Quiver Dance several times. Balance wise, physical attackers should be able to deal with Flygon because every time it uses Clanging Scales, its Defense gets lowered. Bear in mind that after a -1 drop in Defense, it is still able to survive Earthquake from Landorus-T!

That said, Buzz is a reference to its bug theme and sound moves. Sing refers to the sound people sometimes hear whenever they're in a desert and come across Flygon flying through a sandstorm. For them, it's like a pleasant humming.

Pokédex entry: Mega Evolution amplified Flygon's sound moves fur hunting purposes; they're able to make enemies disorientated. Coupled with sandstorms that it creates with its wings, Mega Flygon will make sure the prey won't have a chance to defend themselves against it or flee from it.

:Flygon: Mega Flygon
New Ability
: Compound Eyes
Type: Ground/Dragon

New stats:
HP: 80 -> 80
Attack: 100 -> 140 (+40)
Defense: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Special Attack: 80 -> 120 (+40)
Special Defense: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Speed: 100 -> 100
BST: 520 -> 620

New moves: None
Description: Thanks to Compound Eyes, Flygon can now use Dragon Rush for a reliable, high-powered Dragon STAB without any drawbacks. When used with Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush is especially dangerous due to its 20% chance to flinch. 120 Special Attack also allows Flygon to run a fully accurate Fire Blast to smack physical walls such as Ferrothorn and Corviknight. Iron Tail is another move buffed by Compound Eyes, allowing Flygon to hit Clefable hard.

:Drapion: Mega Drapion
New Ability
: Rough Skin
Type: Poison/Dark

New stats:
HP: 70 -> 70
Attack: 90 -> 120 (+30)
Defense: 110 -> 150 (+40)
Special Attack: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Special Defense: 75 -> 95 (+20)
Speed: 95 -> 95
BST: 500 -> 600

New moves: Pain Split
Description: A physical wall with only one weakness. Rough Skin allows it to punish physical attackers that try to break through. The ability also punishes U-Turn spammes and users of Draining Kiss and Grass Knot. Mega Drapion notably has incredibly great synergy with Rillaboom. Grassy Terrain weakens Earthquake, one of the few physical moves that can take it down in one hit. Rough Skin also punishes opponents that use High Horsepower to bypass the Grassy Terrain power nerf. Pain Split gives it some form of recovery.

:Lurantis: Mega Lurantis
New Ability
: Boom Sickle - On the first turn the user is sent out, its charging moves such as Solar Blade no longer need to recharge. The ability also activates on the turn it Mega Evolves.

New stats:
HP: 70 -> 70
Attack: 105 -> 155 (+50)
Defense: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Special Attack: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Special Defense: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Speed: 45 -> 45
BST: 480 -> 580

New moves: First Impression, U-Turn, Bounce
Description: A hit-and-run attacker that is most useful on the turn it is sent in. Boom Sickle allows it to fire off an instant Solar Blade (formerly Lurantis' signature move), but only on the first turn. Afterwards, it most likely has to switch out unless Lurantis is carrying other strong moves against the opponent. First Impression allows it to pick off weakened threats, and just like its ability, works only on the first turn. U-Turn allows it to pivot out after using up its first turn. Mega Lurantis can also set up a Contrary Superpower before Mega Evolving then fire off an instant +1 Solar Beam on the turn it Mega Evolves. Its low Speed, poor defensive typing, and poor offensive coverage (walled by Moltres and Corviknight) keep in balanced.

:ss/flygon:
Mega Flygon
Type:
Ground / Dragon
Ability: Shield Dust
Stats:
HP: 80​
Att: 160 (+60)​
Def: 80​
SpA: 80​
SpD: 110 (+30)​
Spe: 110 (+10)​

Shield Dust is a pretty neat ability that I don't think many people pay attention to. Since all the current Shield Dust mons are special-attacking bugs, this Mega Flygon aims to do something no other Shield Dust mon can do: be thankful it's immune to Scald burn.

:ss/drapion:
Mega Drapion
Type:
Poison / Dark
Ability: Poison Point
Stats:
HP: 70​
Att: 110 (+20)​
Def: 140 (+30)​
SpA: 60​
SpD: 125 (+50)​
Spe: 95​

I like how Drapion is similar to a reverse Zapdos: good stats in both offense and defense, great typing and movepool, and its most common role is the reverse of what its stats lean towards. This mega aims to bolster its defensive prowess, which in turn lets it more easily Pursuit-trap stuff or set up with Swords Dance.

Hey, everyone!!! I'm here with a bit of an update on the state of slates 24 and 25!!

:starmie::delibird::sawsbuck::sawsbuck-summer::sawsbuck-autumn::sawsbuck-winter::delibird:

As you may have guessed from the thread title, slate 24 is live - you can play it right now on Dragon Heaven!
There are a lot of new Pokémon this time around! You can use BlueRay's :starmie: Mega Starmie by giving one the Starminite to hold, any of four's ViZar's :sawsbuck::sawsbuck-summer: Mega Sawsbuck :sawsbuck-autumn::sawsbuck-winter: (there are four of them!) by giving them the Sawsbuckite to hold, my own :delibird: Mega Delibird by giving one the Delibirdite to hold - or even our fantastic new :delibird::sawsbuck-winter: Mega Delibird (Festive Rider) by DrPumpkinz if you give a Delibird the Sawsbuckite instead of its own Mega Stone!
Our spreadsheet and the amazing Megas for All Wiki created and maintained by inkbug both have all of the information you'll need on these exciting new additions!

:typhlosion::walrein::conkeldurr:

In addition to that, the poll on potential buffs has concluded!! In case you missed it, the buffs we discussed were as follows:

For :typhlosion: Typhlosion to gain access to the moves Hone Claws and Morning Sun:
Hone Claws - 21 in favor vs 6 against; one voter abstained - passes with a 77.8% supermajority
Morning Sun - 24 in favor vs 3 against; one voter abstained - passes with an 88.9% supermajority

For :walrein: Walrein to gain access to the moves Flip Turn and Slack Off and for Mega Walrein's Ability to be changed from Swift Swim to Drizzle:
Flip Turn - 27 in favor vs 1 against - passes with a 96.4% supermajority
Slack Off - 26 in favor vs 2 against - passes with a 92.8% supermajority
Drizzle - 19 in favor vs 9 against - seems slightly more controversial than the others, but it still passes with a 67.8% supermajority, well above the cutoff we established!​

For :conkeldurr: Conkeldurr to gain access to the move Shore Up and for Mega Conkeldurr's Speed and Special Attack to be the same as Conkeldurr's:
Shore Up - 26 in favor vs 1 against; one voter abstained - passes with a 96.3% supermajority
Stat change - 23 in favor vs 5 against - passes with a 82.1% supermajority

That's right - all of the proposed updates have passed!! Also, holy cow, 28 of you voted!!! That's amazing??? Thanks, everyone!!!
Here's hoping that these buffs can breathe new life into the Pokémon that need it, and stay tuned for more discussion on viability on our Discord and in the coming weeks of our metagame development phase!
(Edit: the session today was moved due to connection troubles!)

:flygon::drapion::lurantis:

Lastly, the test run of the Submission Sandbox has begun!
You can look over the details here in case you missed it!

For this slate, there are five potential submissions for you to test, and I can't wait to see how this opportunity affects them and how they'll be refined over the coming days!

1608414813071.png

:lurantis: Elegance - This Pokémon's moves have their secondary effect chance guaranteed, unless it has a non-volatile status condition.
:flygon: Filtered Lens - This Pokémon's STAB attacks that are super effective against the target do 1.5x damage.
:drapion: Last Toxin - When this Pokémon's attack brings a target from more than 1/2 its maximum HP to 1/2 or less of its maximum HP, the target is also badly poisoned. This effect applies after all hits from a multi-hit move.

(Edit: okay so Last Toxin was really weird implementation-wise and it seems like it might be bugged right now/it's not activating as consistently as it should :x
Sorry about that, and hopefully I can figure something out soon?)

Minor: I actually misunderstood kakaks on something, so it may be worth noting that they only actually meant to submit their Flygon - this was my mistake, so they're not expected to test their Lurantis thoroughly or obligated to do anything with it if they don't have time or aren't up for it! That said, it's still playable anyway, so hopefully whoever is interested can make the best of it! C':
I was still sort of concerned by the power level on it but didn't know what advice to give, so at the least, this is a good chance to see if it's manageable or if their stats need revising!
The other ones are all meant to answer questions on the submitters' part, and many of them have super creative new effects or new combinations, so I'm excited to see what comes of the testing period and whether their submissions change at all throughout this process!

You'll be able to play with these Mega Evolutions by using the name of the submitter as the Pokémon's held item - for example, Lurantis holding the "item" BitBitio will be able to Mega Evolve into Mega Lurantis-BitBitio.

These five are only legal in the M4A: Submission Sandbox format, which is separate from the main format!
That also goes for their new move additions - moves like Super Fang on Drapion and Silver Wind on Lurantis are only allowed the Submission Sandbox, not the main format, so don't worry about the rest of the mod being affected by this testing opportunity!
You can find this format as its own section in the teambuilder and when challenging another player! You'll be told that the Mega Stones (people?) and moves in question are banned if you try to enter them in a regular challenge, so keep that in mind. C:

---​

Remember, there are three days left in our submission phase - just under 72 hours (actually 71 as of this post) - so you have plenty of time to experiment with these submissions and plenty more to come up with your own ideas!
There won't be a poll to decide the next slate just yet, since, as previously announced, we want to focus on metagame development rather than new submissions for the two weeks following slate 25!

Last edited:
:ss/lurantis: Mega Lurantis

Ability: Weather Master - Right before using a move affected by a specific weather condition, it is summoned for 5 turns.*
New Moves: Thunder, Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Blaze Kick
New Stats:
HP 70
ATK 105 -> 115 (+10)
DEF 90 -> 100 (+10)
SPA 80 -> 110 (+30)
SPD 90 -> 100 (+10)
SPE 45 -> 85 (+40)
BST 480 -> 580
*: In particular Thunder and Hurricane summon Rain, Synthesis, Solar Blade and Solar Beam summon Sunny Day on the turn they are used, Blizzard summons Hail and Shore Up summons Sandstorm. The weather condition is summoned right before the move is used, so moves are affected by them.
Role: It can explore the effect of switching between two weathers depending on the opponent, some particular combos can originate from that. I'm in search for a better name for the ability, so any idea is welcome lol.
I can provide the code for the ability of needed, it shouldn't be hard

:ss/drapion: Mega Drapion

New Ability
: Tough Claws

New Moves: Punishment, Pursuit, Sucker Punch, Psychic Fangs, Dragon Claw, Shadow Claw, Crush Claw
New Stats:
HP 70
ATK 90 -> 130 (+40)
DEF 110 -> 140 (+30)
SPA 60
SPD 75 -> 95 (+20)
SPE 95 -> 105 (+10)
BST 500 -> 600

Last edited:
first:flygon:
PokemonFlygon
TypingGround, Bug
AbliltyFiltered lens If a stab move deals super effective damage, it recieves a 1.5 boost. Slightly weaker/stronger neuroforce clone.
Stats80, 110, 105, 110, 105, 110
Movepool additionsQuiver dance, Leech life
hematite:lurantis:
PokemonLurantis
TypingGrass, Fairy
AbilityContrary
Stats70, 130, 105, 105, 105, 65
Movepool additionsFirst impression, U-turn, Fleur cannon
a man has fallen into the river in lego city:drapion:
PokemonDrapion
TypingPoison, Dark
AbilityPoisonous boost Every damaging move has (5 x number stat changes)% of chance to poison
Stats70, 130, 140, 70, 90, 100
Movepool additionsCoil

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)