Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

:ss/dusknoir:
Mega Dusknoir
New Ability
: Moxie
Type:

New stats:
HP: 45
Attack: 100(+35) --> 135
Defense: 135(+25) --> 160
Special Attack: 65
Special Defense: 135(+25) --> 160
Speed: 45(+15) --> 60
(BST): 525(+100) --> 625

New moves: Knock Off, Power Trip
Description: I've mentioned this before but I really do think Dark is best for a Moxie-like ability, and it fits on Dusknoir. Knock Off and Pursuit both punish switching out while Power Trip is devastating after getting boosts. Plus Knock Off has hilarious anti-synergy with Poltergeist.

Last edited:
Hello to all !
First of all I am French and this is my first submission in this Pet Mods, so sorry in advance if there are mistakes or if there is a problem in my submission

Mega-Slowking-Galar

Types :

Ability : Toxic Shell
Ability Description : This Pokemon receives 3/4 of the damage of poisoned Pokemons (simple or badly poison)
Stats :
HP: 95
ATK: 75 (+10)
DEF: 90 (+10)
SPA: 140 (+40)
SPD: 155 (+45)
SPE: 35 (+5)
New Moves : Toxic, Acid Armor, Mystical Fire (Flavor)

Slowking-G has one main problem: its physical defense. Thanks to Toxic Shell and its new stats this problem is compensated. I wanted to make a mega-evolution that differentiates Slowking-G from M-Slowking-G. Slowking-G is mainly seen as a regenvest user, I love slow setups like Tapu Fini CM or Corviknight Bulk Up, so that's how I came up with this idea. With his new talent, Acid Armor learned recently, Calm Mind, Slack Off, and also Venoshock he will have all the arsenal needed to scare any ill-prepared team. Also his good special attack will make him an excellent tank. Finally, I could see him using some "gimmick" sets like Stored Power or Trick Room user.

I still don't have any good ideas for M-Dusknoir and M-Galvantula but if I find one I will edit this post...

Last edited:
Mega Dusknoir

Ability - Pressure; Frisk ➝ Psychopomp (The Pokémon will switch out every time a Pokémon faints.)

HP - 45 ➝ 45
Atk - 100 ➝ 105 (+5)
Def - 135 ➝ 180 (+45)
SpA - 65 ➝ 70 (+5)
SpD - 135 ➝ 180 (+45)
Spe - 45 ➝ 45 (±0)
BST - 525 ➝ 625 (+100)

Movepool Changes - Drain Punch, Hammer Arm, Knock Off, Teleport, Zen Headbutt
Competitive Corner - Now much bulkier but not THAT much stronger, Mega Dusknoir's main appeal is to set up Trick Room and either Teleport out shall it get the chance, or, even better, grab a KO if possible and use that to switch out! With residual like Toxic it's also possible to time a switch out at the same turn you set up Trick Room which is obviously very nice if set up accordingly. And even outside of being a Trick Room setter, this thing has colossal bulk and a non-overlookable Attack stat with high-powered STAB and coverage, which means it's not unlikely to grab a KO or two and make use of it's ability to deny the opponent momentum!
Flavor Corner - Pokédex entries make it pretty clear Dusknoir is a Psychopomp, I thought this would be the most natural way to express that ability maybe? Think of it was Mega Dusknoir switches out so they can carry whatever it is they just KO'd into the spirit world? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mega Galvantula

Ability - Compound Eyes, Unnerve; Swarm ➝ Galvanize

HP
- 70 ➝ 60
Atk
- 77 ➝ 99 (+22)
Def - 60 ➝ 90 (+30)
SpA - 97 ➝ 109 (+12)
SpD - 60 ➝ 90 (+30)
Spe - 108 ➝ 114 (+6)
BST - 472 ➝ 572 (+100)

Movepool Changes - Boomburst
Competitive Corner - I know, I know, I know, but, like, this is... Checkable? The broken stupid STAB is probably gonna have one immunity to it in every team, and neither Bug Buzz nor Giga Drain are very strong otherwise. I know this thing also has Sticky Web, but I honestly don't think it's THAT broken. I think, it probably is. I dunno, I just wanted to do this!
Flavor Corner - "Stridulation is also known in a few tarantulas", stridulation being "the act of producing sound by rubbing together certain body parts. This behavior is mostly associated with insects, but other animals are known to do this as well, such as a number of species of fish, snakes and spiders". Yes I'm quoting Wikipedia, and yes, this is the reasoning, plus like, Galvanize Galvantula! That's all thanks for reading :)

Last edited:
:SWSH/galvantula:
Mega Galvantula
Ability:
Livewire
-If opponent rise its speed/tailwind, paralyze the opponent.
Stats:

Stats:
HP - 70
ATK - 77
DEF - 80 (+20)
SPA - 127 (+30)
SPD - 110 (+50)
SPE - 108
New Moves: Nasty Plot
Description:
+) Single:
-Spider sets up sticky web. Spinner will get paralyzed. Hits hard enough on most defogger.
+) Double:
-Punish tailwing in double. Being able to use electroweb as a speed control.

:SWSH/dusknoir:
Mega Dusknoir
Ability: Soul Clap
- Gain the ability of the last fainted pokemon on the field.
Stats:
HP - 45
ATK - 120(+20)
DEF - 155 (+20)
SPA - 105 (+40)
SPD - 155 (+20)
SPE - 45
Description:
-Revenge killing, with the same ability the last fainted pokemon, in this case the ability the ally has. Can fit into many style of team. That's not Huge Power XP
-It can choose the opponent to kill with pursuit.

:SWSH/slowking-galar:
Mega Slowking Galar
Ability: Drowsing

- If an opponent damage this thing, and its Hp reach below 50%, use Yawn.
Stats:
HP - 95
ATK - 95 (+30)
DEF - 110 (+30)
SPA - 140 (+30)
SPD - 120 (+10)
SPE - 30
Description:
Too lazy for one, but you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Since me and NANI?! both honed in on the same idea for Galvantula's ability, we decided to combine our ideas. So, okispokis and NANI?! proudly present:

:ss/Galvantula:
Galvantula-Mega
Bug/Electric
Ability
: Compound Eyes/Unnerve/Swarm-> Gigawatt Web (This Pokémon's Bug-type attacks apply the "Thunder Thread" volatile to the target)

The volatile bearer is sticky and conductive. When an Electric-type attack is used against a target that is sticky and conductive, its power is multiplied by 1.5, and the target is paralyzed but is no longer sticky and conductive.

When an Electric-type attack is used by an attacker that is conductive, the user takes recoil damage equal to 50% the HP lost by the target (rounded half up, but not less than 1 HP), and the user is paralyzed but is no longer sticky and conductive.

Stats
HP: 70
Atk: 92 (+15)
Def: 70 (+10)
SpA: 127 (+30)
SpD: 90 (+30)
Spe: 123 (+15)
New Moves: Taunt

Description
: With Galvantula's heavy use of electric webbing, we felt the flavor was there to create a fun little counterpart to Red Licorice while letting Galvantula retain powerful Electric STAB despite the loss of Compound Eyes Thunder. Webs plus offensive para allows Mega Galv to pull double duty on speed control, setting a fast battle tempo for its team, especially since it can activate its volatile while switching out; the second condition allows it to limit mons that commonly run Electric coverage like CM Clefable, Melmetal, Mega Regice and Blaziken. Mega Galv's Thunder Threads can also benefit defensive mons like Pex and Corv by incapacitating and chipping down some of their offensive answers. With dual STAB and Webs, Galv is free to run Energy Ball, Giga Drain or HP for Ground types seeking to block it, or Toxic or Taunt for extra utility on HO. Whether partnered with slower attackers or Electric weak glue mons, Mega Galvantula spins a web full of support options for its team while still packing a nasty shock in and of itself.

:dp/dusknoir:
Pokemon: Mega-Dusknoir
Type: Ghost/Dark
Ability: Soul Seeker - If there are more Pokemon fainted on the opponent's team then on the ally team, this Pokemon gets +1 Special Defense (upon switchin/mega evolving)
Stats:
ATK: 100 -> 135 (+35)
DEF: 135 -> 155 (+20)
SPA: 65 -> 77 (+12)
SPD: 135 -> 145 (+10)
SPE: 45 -> 68 (+23)
New Moves: Pursuit, Bulk Up
Summary: My Mega-Mightyena coming back in a spooky style! Makes the opponent think twice about sacking their weakened mons and works well with hazard stack. Uses WoW and Bulk Up to bring up its defense, and Pursuit lets it nab weakened mons who are trying to swap out.

dhjdhjgfjdgjdjgjfdjjdfjj
It is time for another Paullab! Paul and I present to you a terrifying sub. Read at your own risk!

:Dusknoir:
Mega Dusknoir

Ability: Soul-Heart

Type: Ghost

New Stats:

Attack: 100 → 145 (+45)
Defense: 135 → 160 (+25)
Special Attack: 65 → 90 (+25)
Special Defense: 135 → 140 (+5)
Speed: 45
BST: 525 → 625 (+100)

New moves:
1) Competitive moves
Astral Barrage, Superpower, Spirit Break

2) Fun moves
Trick-or-Treat, Misty Explosion

Description:
1) Flavour
There was something here but Dusknoir seemed to have eaten all the Halloween Candy. OH, NO!!! :O

Just kidding :]
Dusknoir is based upon the Grim Reaper and has much to do with the soul world as a whole, with its antennae being a receiver of some sorts connecting to Magearna, perhaps they are even powered by the same Soul Heart, just Dusknoir has some form of Wireless connection. Anyways, having an ability that mechanically synergizes with absorbing the souls of its victims for power, while also flavorwise being a great pick for a Dusknoir-Mega

2) Competitive
This Mega Dusknoir is meant to capitalize on kamikaze tactics in order to gain an advantage in VGC / Doubles.

Ever since the introduction of Eviolite in generation 5, Dusknoir has been heavily outclassed by its pre-evolution Dusclops. The latter often sees play in VGC where it can stay long on the field to support the team, be it through Trick Room, Will-o-Wisp, Ally Switch or Bulldoze to activate an ally's Weakness Policy. Enter Mega Dusknoir which is supposed to be a foil to Dusclops. While Dusclops shines with its superb bulk and excellent support options, making it therefore a passive Pokémon, Mega Dusknoir, on the other hand, can quickly exert offensive dominance over the field the more Pokémon are fainted.

Sure, base 90 Special Attack may look unimpressive. However, the fact that Mega Dusknoir has one of the best offensive types in Ghost and acccess to an incredibly strong STAB move in Astral Barrage means it can quickly wear down several opposing Pokémon, especially when it accumulates boosts. After all, it is not uncommon for Mega Dusknoir to have +2 SpA or even +3 SpA at the end of turn two or turn three if you pull off specific combos; in fact, Mega Dusknoir's Ghost type and ability promote the use of Explosion and Self-Destruct as it's immune to these moves. This means Mega Dusknoir will already get +1 SpA from its sacrificed ally, and more if said ally managed to take down any opposing Pokémon. With Snorlax or Lickylicky who have STAB on the aforementioned Normal moves, this shouldn't be difficult to pull off most of the time. Alternatively, you can rely on redirectors like Amoonguss or Clefairy who will take the brunt while Mega Dusknoir is busy with setting up Trick Room.

If you were wondering why Mega Dusknoir should get Astral Barrage, it has great flavour. Dusknoir is known to collect and store souls in its belly just so that it can guide them safely to the beyond. Since Astral Barrage is made of many small ghosts, Dusknoir can simply unleash all the souls to defend itself. Competitively, Mega Dusknoir needs to make up for having its allies sacrificed their healths and secure its position in VGC where it's mainly meant to be, just like how Mega Empoleon got Origin Pulse to distinguish itself from the many offensive Water Pokémon and make up for the support provided by the partner.

As for Spirit Break, it was added to enable another strategy. Rather than quickly sacrificing Pokémon, you can try to slow down the opponent's team with this move as it lowers a target's Special Attack. Same with Skitty Smash but for Attack. As a result, Mega Dusknoir can stay longer on the field and allow a partner to defeat opposing Pokémon and accumulate Special Attack boosts for Mega Dusknoir! As far as Trick-or-Treat and Misty Explosion are concerned, they were added to create a fun experience. The former adds a Ghost type to a target, which would synergize well with Astral Barrage, the latter allows Mega Dusknoir to go down with a big bang once it collected enough souls. Speaking of Misty Explosion, Mega Dusknoir has Destiny Bond and Ally Switch to force or trick an opponent into attacking an ally in order to activate Soul-Heart!

Against this background, Mega Dusknoir utilizes its ability very cunningly and differently from Magearna, which is all about wallbreaking. Moreover, it is not as broken as Magearna since it has to rely mainly on Ghost moves to actually hurt opposing Pokémon and has a rather mediocre Special Attack. Moreover, Dark Pokémon are very common in M4A VGC, such as, but not limited to, Incineroar, Galarian Moltres, Grimmsnarl or Urshifu-Single-Strike. This means Mega Dusknoir is kept well in check. And unlike Magearna, Mega Dusknoir actually has a useful (read: healthy) niche on a Trick Room team; after all, many Trick Room teams struggle with Aegislash, Mega Dhelmise or Mega Mawile. Since Mega Dusknoir is faster than these Pokémon in Trick Room, it can threaten these Pokémon first.

Although Mega Dusknoir is mainly intended for VGC, we did not forget to make room for Singles. There, it can be used as a lategame cleaner with a Trick Room set. Thus, it fills a void left by Magearna's ban. Furthermore, Mega Dusknoir is even different from Magearna in that regard in that it will most likely run a mixed set, like Astral Barrage, Superpower, and Ice Beam to get the most out of its sets and threaten common opposing lategame cleaners, like Greninja or Kartana. If you are not into a Trick Room set, Mega Dusknoir can always surprise weakened Pokémon with Shadow Sneak or Pursuit to activate its ability. And that's another aspect that makes Mega Dusknoir different from Magearna. Rather than trying to wallbreak or boosts itself with a move like Calm Mind, Mega Dusknoir rewards smart plays. If that is not enough for you, Mega Dusknoir can still try a utility set with Hex / Will-o-Wisp / Pain Split / Earthquake to stay long on the field and wear down opposing Pokémon, slowly accumulating boosts and making the opponent scared if they do not manage to take it down. Alternatively, you could experiment with Block / Trick-or-Treat / Astral Barrage / Pain Split to safely get a boost on specific targets.

Last edited:
Breathes
Sorry, it's been, uh, a long week? and I am kinda stressed lately - which is why it's nice that we're taking a break after this!

Hello again, everyone!
As per usual, this post will be an end-of-submission-phase feedback post and a roughly 24-hour warning for the current submission phase, in order to give time to respond to the feedback in question.

In case anyone missed it, a handful of important announcements -

- Slate 37 (:granbull::mightyena::stoutland:) and slate 38 (:victreebel::dodrio::lanturn::obstagoon:) are both live and have been for quite a while now! You can use those in our main formats, M4A OU and M4A VGC, with no issue. C:​

- Due to recent issues relating to attempted code cleanup and the teambuilder, however, some of the side formats are currently not working - please do not report bugs in any format other than M4A OU, M4A VGC, M4A Spooky Cup and M4A VGC Restricted, because they are expected not to be working right now! I will address this as soon as I reasonably can, which will hopefully be around this weekend if all goes well on my end, but no promises.​
- If you need to use Dynamax for purposes like M4Auction, please use the command /challenge [Gen 8] M4A VGC @@@ !Dynamax Clause instead of the sandbox.​

- After the current slate, we will be taking a break from new subs of between one and two weeks! Sometimes if I'm late with vetoes and it causes a delay while other people are just waiting to get started, I would consider that part of the standard between-slate break and might accelerate the start of the next one (like we did last time by popular request), but actually no I need to focus on other things myself so I'm not doing that P:

- During said break, we will be polling a particularly large set of balance changes, in light of a long discussion we had as a council in the #balance-changes channel of the Discord!​
- A majority of these changes revolve around toning down Speed tiers, many of which are codependent, so some of the changes may be polled collectively and it may not be possible for one change to pass without another.​
In these cases, we will make sure to have an optional section for feedback if you are specifically opposed to one change and would like to make an argument to reconsider it before the changes go through. If there are clear and well-justified objections to a particular change, even if just by one person, we may reevaluate it and revisit that change in a separate poll!​
However, we may not want to make every change an individual question "by default," because it could prove inconvenient and problematic if some nerfs are accepted and others are not; most of the Speed tiers are designed to go together.​
More information on how this poll will be structured will be coming soon!​

- Lastly, we have a poll for the very special slate 40, which will be the first slate after our break!
Slate 40 will be feature the most popular three out of four very special Pokémon - vote for your favorites here! These are the four Pokémon that could be featured in the next slate:
:articuno::uxie::virizion::guzzlord:
These four are the only remaining Legendary Pokémon and the only Ultra Beast currently on the table to receive Mega Evolutions before M4A Ubers exists as an option, so it'll be quite a while before we open the floodgates to any others. Make the most of this rare opportunity!

Onnn to the vetoes now! Please forgive me for being late with this again, but I will do my best to filter the legal submissions as usual now that I'm here;;

:slowking-galar::dusknoir::galvantula:

If I don't mention your sub in this post, it's probably fine balance-wise and you're not required to make any changes! It doesn't mean I forgot!
Also, independently of vetoes, always consider having as few movepool additions as possible! We don't have hard rules on these, but if you have even five or six, you're probably doing something wrong!

:slowking-galar: Hi! so this is a super minor thing, and unless one of you says otherwise, I am still perfectly happy to allow both of these subs as they are!
Mostly, I just wanted to make sure this was okay with you and that you knew about each other - your Abilities on this are pretty similar to each other (both are some variation on Storm Drain for Ghost moves). However, your subs are also different types from one another, and that has relevant implications on a defensive Ability like these that mostly amounts to changing a specific matchup!
I also can't quite tell which of you had the idea first, since depressed lion's post was edited a few days after StarFalcon posted, haha
Again, as long as you're both okay with it, I will totally allow these to remain as they are! but if one of you is sure you had the idea first and you're uncomfortable with the idea of someone else's similar sub competing against yours, please get in touch with each other and/or me before the compilation goes up so we have a chance to address it! Another thing you could always do is agree on a joint concept and submit it together rather than individually. This is not mandatory by any means! I just know it can sometimes feel bad when there's overlap like this, so I wouldn't want either of you to be caught off guard or frustrated by the similarity when voting came and thought you should have a heads-up.

Also StarFalcon555:​

:dusknoir: Hi! Very sorry to disappoint, but this one is actually a firm veto at the moment.
So uh, the thing about Mega Slowking (the other user of Counter-Clockwise Spiral) is: it was already nerfed once! At base 85 Speed, Mega Slowking proved super problematic against offensive teams because there was no realistic way to underspeed a minimum Speed Slowking and pressure it back, meaning it was not vulnerable to anything but priority. The reason Mega Slowking currently has base 120 Speed is because this provides a more meaningful window for offensive Pokémon to underspeed it - and it's really the smallest window we could reasonably make! As "fast" as Mega Slowking appears to be, because it's aiming to be as slow as possible rather than as fast as possible, it actually only has a mere 220 Speed, which lets it underspeed anything faster than a Modest Magnezone or a similar base 60 Pokémon and at level 99, not even that P:. Basically, 120 is actually a deceptively excellent Speed tier for Counter-Clockwise Spiral and Mega Slowking is not to be underestimated - it can be really challenging for faster teams to deal with it as-is!
I say all of this because your Mega Dusknoir seems to have neglected the fact that Mega Slowking's Speed was raised so much, and you've given it +0 Speed and left it at base 45 instead. For comparison, at level 100, your Mega Dusknoir can get as low as 85 Speed, meaning that even against uninvested Pokémon, it can reliably go first against quite literally everything with base 25 or higher save other Trick Room abusers that are deliberately minimizing their Speed. This is not reasonable for any Pokémon, but especially not one with a move as strong as Poltergeist coming off of 150 Attack.

If it's any help, Dusknoir has about the same bulk as Mega Slowking already (if you averaged Slowking's defenses to 95/95/95 instead of 95/80/110, they would really be almost exactly the same as Dusknoir's or just slightly lower!), and it still has more immediate breaking power thanks to the high power of the move Poltergeist, which has incredibly wide neutral coverage and incredible raw power on its side (and Dusknoir does not want for coverage moves of other types! it has Fighting for immediate perfect coverage with Poltergeist and Earthquake and Ice Punch for super effective coverage on specific targets).
Given how carefully base 120 was chosen for Slowking, I would be hesitant to allow anything less than 120 here. Giving it exactly the same Speed would take 75 of Dusknoir's 100 base stat points, meaning you'd still have another 25 to work with - you would get the most mileage out of putting those points in Attack if you really wanted it to be as strong as possible, but I'm not sure if even that's necessary myself!
It's admittedly true that Slowking has plenty of assets other than Counter-Clockwise Spiral, including Nasty Plot, more reliable recovery than Dusknoir's Pain Split, and pre-Mega Regenerator, and it would especially still be the best Counter-Clockwise Spiral user in VGC either way because of its supportive options (it's not losing its niche there any time soon haha), so it would be okay for Dusknoir to be a little bit better than it in other ways; still, I can't stress enough that Slowking was considered actually broken for having lower Speed than this, so I do not want to push it too much and end up repeating our mistakes with a slower abuser of the Ability.
With that in mind, I will definitely veto this if its Speed isn't waaay higher than it is and probably if it isn't exactly 120, but what you do with the remaining points is up to you.
Don't underestimate how crazy-strong this Ability is!!!

:galvantula: This one is not a veto! I just thought it might be good information for you to have.
In the #balance-changes discussion I mentioned at the top of the post, :jolteon: Mega Jolteon is one of the Pokémon that we agreed to nerf - its new stats will be 65 HP / 95 Attack / 60 Defense / 139 Special Attack / 125 Special Defense / 141 Speed (before, it was 65 Attack / 160 Special Attack / 150 Speed).
I bring this up because your Galvantula has very similar stats to post-nerf Jolteon! This... is probably a good thing? because it means that you had the right idea as far as what power level it should have in the first place, and yours isn't immediately stronger than Jolteon is now. There are definitely reasons to use each one over the other - Jolteon has Calm Mind (this was removed in a previous nerf, but we generally agreed it shouldn't have been and the new nerf is instead of that) and a different defensive type that notably isn't weak to Stealth Rock, while your Galvantula has a second STAB, much better coverage and Sticky Web to capitalize on switches but no direct offensive setup.
These factors should be enough to keep the two of them distinct, but we thought it would help to highlight the differences between the two and I also wanted to make sure you knew Jolteon was being toned down, since your sub has a lot in common with it and might or might not end up also needing to be toned down later.
That's all for now! It's up to you if you want Galvantula to change in any way or if you think it'll be fine where it is - again, this one is not a veto and I am just making sure you have a comparison and are informed as to where Jolteon will fall. C:

bekama:​

:galvantula: This one is not a veto, but just something a couple of us were concerrrned about and thought we should highlight - we would really like to keep an eye on this one and think it might easily end up being problematic if it wins, for a number of reasons.
The thing about Bad Dreams is that sleep is not only temporary but also, in our case, subject to sleep clause, meaning only one Pokémon on a player's team has to fear Bad Dreams at a time. Passively doing 1/8 is actually quite a lot of chip (compare pre-nerf Acid Rock, although this is not a completely equal case and we recognize that!), and paralysis is a strong status on its own and also makes it easier for Galvantula to stall out turns by occasionally preventing the opponent from moving at all, while Nuzzle makes it super easy to spread to multiple Pokémon at once.
It is entirely possible that you considered all of this already, and again I am leaning away from mandating any changes, but we thought you might be better off considering a smaller amount of chip than Bad Dreams or alternatively removing Nuzzle? It's still possible to nerf after it wins and all, but I guess I am just running this by you before voting starts and making sure you know this is on our minds, especially since these factors might impact how comfortable people are voting this in and it wouldn't be right not to give you the opportunity to address them.

:dusknoir: Hi! As noted in the submission rules in the first post, we uuusually lean away from making Abilities that are strictly better than a canon equivalent, and this is basically a better version of Trace (specifically, "Trace but also the opponent loses its Ability"). Could I ask you to replace it with Trace?
That's the only concern (and to be honest this actually sounds sweet otherwise - you probably have a vote from me here!) - thanks! C:

you know I love this and there's not a veto or anything but!
:slowking-galar: you asked my opinion on the Ability name O:
I like Witch Doctor, which is the one you have! Counter-Clockwise Spiral is kind of a bad name anyway P: I was in a rush when I made it and it's super awkward - really I would rather rename that than base other names on it!

:dusknoir: Aaaa sorry but this is gonna be a no-- I actually talked about this in the last veto post too, so let me just paste that:
Sorry, but we are not planning to allow any more trapping Abilities for the mod - every type that can be trapped is heavily impacted, and Talonflame alone has a major impact and enables some very dangerous cores, so this is not a set we should be "completing" or continuing to explore. The thing is that the more types can be trapped, the bigger the problem is - Talonflame was allowed because it was first, and I don't mean this as a double-standard or as a reason to have a problem with Talonflame but as a genuine assessment of its impact: Magnet Pull and Bird of Prey will be the only two trapping Abilities this mod ever has so long as I am around to enforce it.
Also, trappers with an offensive type advantage over the thing they target are always a bad idea, if it ever comes up in another mod that hasn't already reached its limit.
:galvantula: Okay so... important clarification on this: Abilities are only active when the user is on the field, so this 30% chance to paralyze would only be added to Sticky Web if an opponent switches into Sticky Web while the Galvantula that set it is also present! This is non-negotiable and is not something I would be willing to change either way.
That said, considering that the other relevant web-based moves are spread moves, I am still against this and will be vetoing it!
The Ability's applications in singles are minimal and irrelevant enough that there is no valid reason for it outside of VGC, which makes me comfortable vetoing it outright with only VGC in mind; after some brief discussion, we have come to the agreement that it will be problematic and uncompetitive there, as being able to spam already-good moves for Speed control and having more than a 50% chance to paralyze at least one opponent while you do will most likely be unhealthy.
Even if it were effective in singles, a paralysis-inducing hazard would be undesirable either way and the consensus was that people did not want to allow that there either.

NANI?!:​

:slowking-galar: Aaaa hi sorry I feel bad saying so
but uh
I really, really like this premise as a Mega, and we discussed it and don't think the Mega itself is problematic, but I am deeply uncomfortable with adding Psycho Boost to Galarian Slowking's base form specifically; it's already a highly relevant Regenerator pivot that can come in very easily on special moves and is hard to switch in on, and I think Psycho Boost and Overheat to an extent are some of the more extreme buffs one could give it? I think it would be a lot safer to introduce this on a different Pokémon, whether that means one that already has the moves it needs, one that is not Psychic-type and can have a move other than Psycho Boost added, or even just one that can be given moves without fear of pushing its base form over the edge. The thing that makes me worry about this one is that we can't reasonably remove Psycho Boost from it after the fact without all but completely compromising the concept, so if it turns out the move isn't compatible with base Galarian Slowking's power level, there really isn't any way to address that after the fact. That makes me think it would be safer to veto this for the time being and suggest exploring more options in the long term in #future-submissions, even though I think it's really cool and I would love to see you sub it again eventually;;
I'm really sorry if this is disappointing D:

:dusknoir: Hi! Rather than introducing a new evasion-based Ability, however specialized and probably irrelevant it may be, I will advise you to vote for The Damned, who has already submitted a Ghost/Electric-type Dusknoir with an immunity to Ghost moves (the same thing you seem to want). I will not be accepting your submission with this in mind, but you can still get a Mega quite like this if you participate when voting comes around! C:

!!!
it's okay I trust you guys but

a
ahem

:xerneas:

I believe that should be everything, and I cannot wait for our Halloween slate! : D
Haha wow this felt so much longer as I was writing it

As usual, submissions will close and voting should begin in 24 hours or a bit later, and the council will make a compilation of all of the legal entries then! If you've gotten feedback here that you want to address, it would be best to do that as soon as possible with that in mind. C:
(As usual, though: no worries if you can't quite make it by then! If you decide to make changes based on this, then as long as you can do that before voting closes just leave enough time for people to vote for you! and please make sure to check which council member made the compilation post for that Pokémon and get in touch with them, such as by pinging them or DMing them here or on Discord, we'll be happy to edit the compilation to include any amendments you made!)

Also remember to vote for the Pokémon you want to be featured in slate 40! The link is in the announcements at the top of the post!
sorry I forgot ;-; I just edited this in!
edit: also spacing out the announcements at the top so they're easier to read

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips.
Actually, I did not read all subs before this. StarFalcon is for Slowking while mine is for Dusknoir. However, The Dammned already subbed this ability for dusknoir.
This abilitiy was changed because it was Dark immunity first. But I realized it could be problematic, since it leaves my sub with only 4x Ghost weakness and Ghost could make much more sense. The name is also borrowed from TCGs Dusknoir.

I changed the sub, here is the new one. If too complicated or too much overpower, you can veto it and leave me with only the G-Slowking sub :)

:ss/Dusknoir:
Type: Ghost/Psychic
Abilitiy:
Synchronous Spirit
Uppon switch-in after an ally pokemon fainted, this pokemon tries to revive it and summons a shodowy spirit of it's ally. The ally shadow will be disponible to use. This ability can only activate once, and after acitavated it will be permanently replaced by Wandering Spirit. Ability won't activate if fainted ally was a Ghost-type.

- Full HP bar, but only 50% of it's original HP.
- Typing, level, gender, weight and other stats are the same, however the ability will be changed to Defeatist.
- It lost it's held item, and can't be given any new ones (Trick/Switcheroo will fail).
- Has the same movepool, but accuracy of all moves is decreased by 20%.
- Is permanently affected by the "Tormented" effect.

Flavor tips:
- Uppon switch-in, the shadowy pokemon will trigger the text "(Pokemon name) looks like a lost shadow of itself!". Ex.: "Ninetales-Alola looks like a lost shadow of itself!"
- (Shadow) text will be displayed besides this pokemon level on showdown, to easily identify the Shadow.
- If it was disponible in the core games, it could not be given bag items too.
- The appearance of the shadow is just the shiny version. If the original was Shiny, then the shadow will be just the regular version.
Stats:
ATK: 100 > 130 (+30)
DEF: 135 > 135 (-)
SPA: 65 > 130 (+65)
SPD: 135 > 135 (-)
SPE: 45> 50 (+5)
New moves:
Psychic Fangs

Dex entries:

"The powerful antenna has improved it's psychic power, and now it seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes it ignores the transmissions just so it can make what it thinks it is the right thing to do."
"It tries to give a second chance to deceased people, by not taking them to the spirit world. The intention is good, but only causes the spirit to become lost between worlds, and confused."

Uses:

Have you ever looked to pokemon and wondered... And if I could revive fainted allies with no bag items? Well, you can. But it will cost the ally's identity, and will of living.

This pokemon tries to revive the "fainted" but it actually just let it's spirit tormented, lost and confused. It can be used? Yes, it can. But what's the cost? It is no longer the glorious pokemon it used to be. It is just a shadow of it's former self. A synchronous spirit that lives between spiritual world and real world at the same time.

Why Psychic? Well, for flavor of gaining control of itself and because it actually learns a lot of Psychic moves. Only added Psychic Fangs for the Shield dex entry: "With the mouth on its belly, Dusknoir swallows its target whole. The soul is the only thing eaten— Dusknoir disgorges the body before departing." It is also a good Physical Psychic Stab that base form won't make use.

Uses? Well, it can revive any pokemon! Use it like you want :)

Hello, everyone!!
It's now time for the submission phase to close and for voting to begin!!
We are a tiny bit early with this because of extenuating circumstances - really sorry if this catches anyone off guard or proves inconvenient!

:sm/Slowking-Galar::sm/Dusknoir::sm/Galvantula:

As always, I really appreciate everyone who took the time to respond to the feedback I gave!!
It seems like almost everyone once again managed to edit their subs in time, which is always fantastic to see!

I'll still take this opportunity to tag everyone who didn't make it in case you still wanted to make changes, of course!
As is the usual policy, it's not too late to update your sub if you just didn't have time in the last 24 hours! If you need to make any changes to a disqualified sub before the voting phase closes, just let us know by DM or in the Discord, and I'll add it back right away if it's fixed! As long as there are still people voting, you have time to win their votes, haha.
Please make sure to get in touch with the same council member who compiled subs for that Pokémon!
That is, please reach out to me if you have changes to make to Galarian Slowking, BlueRay if you have changes to make to Dusknoir and inkbug if you have changes to make to Galvantula.
We can't edit each other's posts, so it's important to let the right person know about any updates! C:

With that said, subs from the following people are still being excluded at the moment:
:dusknoir: The Main Mon and okgoogle4 (no change on either) and depressed lion (sorry;; we're uh... we're not gonna do that one yeah :'D)

:galvantula: The Main Mon (no change)
If any of you still want to make changes and get them in, now would be the time!
Every other submission (unless I missed anything but definitely please yell at me if I did) is included! Thank you guys so much for your cooperation and your fantastic ideas! C:

In addition, huge thanks to BlueRay and inkbug for helping with the sub combinations this slate!
Without further ado, here is my section of the compilation post!

Slate 39 Voting

Reminder on Voting Rules

For a reminder, Megas for All uses a variation on instant runoff voting, meaning that it uses a systematic process of elimination to find the submission that's supported by the most people. This system takes into account both the total number of people who voted for the submission at all and how those people ranked it in relation to any other submissions that have not been eliminated.

Your votes should consist of however many submissions you like.​
Including a submission in your post at all is "voting for it," but you can vote for as many (or as few) as you want! It doesn't have to be exactly three.​
Your votes should also be ranked from most preferred to least preferred, just like they were in the previous system.​

It's also now acceptable to self-vote in first!​
One of the benefits of the new system is that you get less extreme an advantage from this and there's not as much room for one individual to swing the results dramatically in their own favor, so we can afford to loosen up the rules in that area.​
That said, I would still ask you to include at least two other people in your vote if one of your votes is for yourself (this was already in the rules before).​

Please make sure you tell inkbug if you edit your vote! He generally adds them to his list as soon as they're posted, so edits may go unnoticed. You can contact him on his profile here or on the Discord. C:​

Legal Submissions

:slowking-galar: Mega Slowking (Galarian Form)
Mega Galarian Slowking

:ss/slowking-galar:

/

Ability: Intraneural (When an enemy switches in, this Pokemon alerts the user to if that enemy has a super-effective move on it, a la Anticipation. If the opponent switches in before the user mega evolves, this ability will also activate upon Mega Evolution.)

Stats:
Atk: 110 (+45)
Def: 115 (+35)
SpAtk: 120 (+10)
SpDef: 120 (+10)
Spe: 30

New Moves: Power-Up Punch, Poison Jab

Explanation:

Galarian Slowking is a Pokemon that, as is, is pretty strong. However, that being said; it quite enjoys its item slot, so its Mega Evolution in my eyes should open it up to a new, more reliable playstyle that it couldn't feasibly get out of its other items. To me, that should really be its insane natural movepool and fantastic bulk, which normally is complemented exceedingly well by an Assault Vest but locks it out of Galarian Slowking's surprisingly great utility movepool.

Due to its already phenomenal stat spread, there was truthfully very little that really needed to be done here to make it work and to give it a distinct niche over its original counterpart; the main thing of note is giving it a giant boost to its Attack and Defense. This way, it has the ability to soak stray U-turn and non-super effective hits far more consistently than its original counterpart. With this Attack boost, Galarian Slowking can also dip into its solid physical movepool, exploring options such as Earthquake to blast Heatran which gives its special movepool a consistently hard time. I dont expect it to use these moves often, but these two moves seem like fun additions that could further expand set combinations that only really benefit Mega Galarian Slowking.

The ability Intraneural flips the switch on Anticipation, which I feel is an ability that is fairly tame but could benefit a bulkier Galarian Slowking that may want to more liberally do damage. With Intraneural, it is able to detect whether a potential switch-in is capable of actively threatening it with a super effective attack. Nothing too fancy, but an ability like this has stronger and more important synergy with a heavily bulky mixed attacker that aims to find as many turns to make progress as possible, and goes along with its gigantic natural bulk boost.

mega galar slowking

psychic/poison
stats
hp- 95
atk- 65
def- 80(+30)>110
spa- 110(+25)>135
spd- 110(+25)>135
spe- 30(+15)>45

ability: pressure

new moves: toxic, spite

my magnum opus, devourer of PP, with its combination of pressure, eerie spell, and spite it's able to destroy low pp moves with minimal effort; taking 8PP moves out of the game in just 2 turns and 16 pp moves in 3/4 and with its immunity to poison and access to slack off it does wonders in stalling out major threats
Mega Slowking-Galar

Type:
Poison / Psychic
Ability: Homeopathy - While the user is on the field, opposing HP recovery is halved. The move Rest is excluded.
Stats: 95 / 75 (+10) / 100 (+20) / 130 (+20) / 160 (+50) / 30 (590 BST)
New Moves: Aromatherapy

Mega Galarian Slowking's dubious medicinal knowledge has come to affect its opponents now, diluting their sources of recovery and making it an effective stallbreaker. It stands out from Mega Staraptor, whose niche is also in hamstringing HP recovery, in that while its effect is less extreme, it can also keep its own HP up, letting it do its thing for longer thanks to Slack Off. Combined with its increased bulk compared to Mega Staraptor, it's much more capable of forcing progress over a longer period of time. Regenerator users can no longer switch out for free, as they're gaining a much less significant 1/6th, while moves like Recover regain a mere 1/4th, and Leftovers barely heal anything.

Fortunately, its physical bulk is still fairly unimpressive, and it's as vulnerable as ever to high-powered Earthquakes and Poltergeists. Aromatherapy is likely a niche option, but I thought it fit with the doctor motif.
Mega Slowking-Galar :slowking-galar:
Psychic / Poison
Ability: Concoction (When the user is damaged by a Grass-, Fairy-, or Poison-type move, its SpA raises by 1 stage.)
95 / 95 (+30) / 90 (+10) / 135 (+25) / 115 (+5) / 60 (+30)
Slowking's ability to make potions has been driven to the extreme by the power of the mega stones. It now mixes the residues of attacks that come its way to make strengthening elixirs, which it hoards.
Slowking-G gets great coverage as we all know, through Psychic and Poison STABs, Flamethrower/Fire Blast, Scald, Ice Beam, Focus Blast, and more. Furthermore, it has a good amount of utility moves in Slack Off, Nasty Plot, Trick Room, and Yawn. With Concoction, it can effectively use its resistances to gain buffs, then use its already high but now even further boosted SpA to break through enemies. Unfortunately, it lacks high Speed, making it reliant on TR to clean enemies with minimal risk, or Slack Off to handle them with recovery, albeit with 4MSS. It also lacks Toxic, making stalling ineffective. Additionally, the lack of passive recovery from a lack of both Black Sludge availability and no Regenerator can be hindering. Although these downsides are notable, this mega will certainly do its best to make your enemies go ooh, eeh, ooh ah ah, ting, tang, and don't forget a walla-walla-bing-bang!
Thanks for the ability name, BlueRay!
Mega Slowking-Galar
Type: Psychic/Poison
Ability: Shell Armor
Stats: 95/85 (+20)/140 (+60)/130 (+20)/110/30
New Moves: None
The shell on Slowking's head has grown to cover Slowking's body, looking similarly to an inverted Mega Slowbro. This shell greatly improves Glowking's physical bulk. Now it can work as an amazing physical wall or it can work as a bulkier wallbreaker with Calm Mind.
:slowking-galar:

Mega Slowking
New Ability
: Nostrum
("On switch-in, or Mega Evolution, if the opposing pokemon have both positive and negative stat changes, their stats are reset to 0.")
Type: Poison/Psychic

New Stats:
Attack: 65 -> 80 (+15)
Defense: 80
Special Attack: 110 -> 125 (+15)
Special Defense: 110 -> 150 (+40)
Speed: 30 -> 60 (+30)

New Moves: Aromatherapy, Toxic, Toxic Thread
Description:
Mega Slowking uses a special fluid secreting from the shelder on its head to treat its patients. The power of Mega Evolution gives slowking the ability to mix this fluid with something harmful to create a substance that can completely neutralize any symptom.

Galarian Slowking already has a shitty signature ability. It can be useful in VGC to clear speed, special, or physical attack drops, but it can also clear away the boosts from that pokemon as well, which can be detrimental if all you're looking to do is sweep.. So, It clears away the good and bad yeah?

Haze on entry is broken when you think about it alone, but this unique twist on that concept forces the user to be more coherent with their team and really take advantage of things like Intimidate (Landorus, Incineroar), Sticky Webs(Araquanid) , or Parting Shot(Murkrow), which has a larger distribution in this mod. Intimidate is great on a pivot, because if the opponent dares to set up, slowking can easily take advantage of that and clear their boosts away. Its really handy when dealing with Defiant and Competitive boosts too, especially combined with webs.

This ability can also be useful for dealing with set up moves that lower the users stats, or even moves that have that drawback. Shell Smash is completely stopped, Close Combat can remove any Swords Dance or Dragon Dance, or even the Clangorous Soul boost from Kommo-o.

What's more, is Base Slowking not holding an assault vest frees up some moveslot potential, It should've had toxic from the beginning to force some progression. And Aromatherapy on a poison type makes it insusceptible to Toxic or Poison, making it a pretty unique cleric, especially since its capable of running Haze as a secret fifth move, something that stops it from being set-up fodder.
:ss/Slowking-Galar:
Abilitiy:
Purifying Spell
At the end of each turn, this pokemon chants a purifying spell that cures all pokemon on field from non-volitile status conditions. For each pokemon cured with this ability, this pokemon has it's special attack stat slightly increased. Soundproof pokemon are not affected.
New moves: n/a
Stats:
HP: 95 > 95
ATK: 65 > 65 (-)
DEF: 80 > 90 (+10)
SPA: 110 > 110 (-)
SPD: 110 > 110 (-)
SPE: 30 > 120 (+90)

Dex entries:

"Tries to resist Shellder by chanting a spell that can purify it's body from toxins, but is in vain. Shellder even becomes stronger with the spell, and uses it to enhance its powers."
"Spells chanted by this pokemon were used by some psychiatrists to combat mental issues. This practice is now illegal, since the spells can only cause intense pain and delusions."

Uses:

Absuses moves like Scald, Toxic and Sludge Bomb to status foes, as also fat partners that can spread status, to set up. Curing foes from status is dangerous, but there are also Guts and Poison Heal pokemon that it can abuse.
"Oh, witch will activate first? Flame Orb/Toxic Orb on opposing pokemon or this ability?" Depends on both pokemon speed stat.

While base form is a defensive pivot that can absorb damage, regenerate and spam cheap damage with future sight, helping dangerous breakers/sweeper, mega form is itself a dangerous sweeper that can past through most walls, at the cost of cheap damage and stall potential.

Using it on stall teams is also nice, since this mega can, like I already said, abuse the ease that some walls have to spread status. Then all you have to do is use this mega against dangerous foes that, despite becoming healthy, will face a relativly fast pokemon with a +1 Sp. Atk marker on it, and that also can set up a Nasty Plot. Oh, and the mega can deal with threats to stall teams, like Magic Guard, Pison Heal and Guts pokemon. Must be aware from Earthquakes from Gliscor, tho. This is why you keep regenerator pre-mega.

The stats are based on the amazing vanila Slowking-Mega, by Hematite. And the "turning tables" factor was also inspired by it. Also, Slowking does not need any new moves. Thing movepool is amazing as it is.
:ss/slowking-galar: Mega Slowking-Galar
New Ability
: Prescriptionist - Upon being afflicted by an entry hazard, this Pokémon will set one layer of that same hazard on the opponent's side of the field
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 65
Defense: 100 (+20)
Special Attack: 150 (+40)
Special Defense: 150 (+40)
Speed: 30
(590 BST)

New moves: None
Description: Broke: Punish hazard stacking by removing the hazards. Woke: Punish hazard stacking by giving them a taste of their own medicine (quite literally in Mega Slowking-Galar's case). Its a cool ability thats unfortunately locked behind needing to Mega-Evolve, which means you need to Mega-Evolve prior to having Slowking fall into some hazards. However, if any mega is able to pull this off, it'd be Mega Slowking-G. Slowking can take pretty much all of the hazards without any problem, and pivot around using teleport. Webs don't really matter when your speed is already abysmal, it has great bulk and reliable recovery to heal off damage from the damaging hazards, and it is unaffected by Toxic Spikes, outright removing them by merit of being a poison type. Overall a rather interesting pivot who does just fine against the two megas with Alluring, due to it being Psychic type and a special wall.
Flavor: Slowking's shell grows larger, gaining holes that emit colorful gasses that are used in alchemy. Through the shell's link to Slowking's brain, it gains full sensory information about Slowking's body. As such, it is able to analyze any substance that touches Slowking's body, reproduce the substance via alchemy, and spit out a carbon copy of that substance.
:slowking-galar: Mega Slowking-Galar
New Ability
: Eerie Zone (Sets Magic Room for 5 turns on entry.)

New stats:
Attack: 65 --> 75 (+10)
Defense: 80 --> 100 (+20)
Special Attack: 110 --> 130 (+20)
Special Defense: 110 --> 130 (+20)
Speed: 30 --> 60 (+30)
(BST) 490 --> 590

New moves: Toxic Spikes
Description: This can remove offensive items like Choice Band or Life Orb, allowing it to tank normally huge hits from pokemon such as Choice Band Urshifu-Rs, Rillaboom and Weavile, even super effective ones. Even with physical defense investment, it's able to take Keldeo's Hydro Pump quite well and is not guaranteed to be 2hkoed by Greninja's Dark Pulse. This makes it a great defensive pokemon as it can deal with Choice attackers very well unlike many defensive pokemon. However, Mega-Glowking is very weak to chip damage, notably hazards, due to a lack of Boots and/or Regenerator. It can also be broken through setup with pokemon such as Quiver Dance Volcarona. The utility of Magic Room doesn't stop there however. While it is useful to let Glowking tank hits, it can also be used for more gimmicky strategies involving things such as setup on a choice user. Let's take an example. Gengar switches in under Magic Room and can use Nasty Plot. However, when Magic Room wears off, the Choice Scarf it's holding now becomes active and it's able to outspeed every opponent and deal a ton of damage as well, letting it sweep. Those strategies will usually be unreliable, but they're still fun to have. It can also be used on hazard stacking teams since it disables Boots, making switch-ins take a lot more damage than they want to. It also adds its own hazard to these teams, Toxic Spikes, which can be very devastating if not removed quickly.
:Slowking-Galar: Mega Slowking-Galar
New Ability
: Cursed Body
Type:
Poison/Psychic
New stats:
Defense: 80
Special Attack: 130(+20)
Special Defense: 180(+70)
Speed: 40(+10)
(590)

New moves: None
Description: It uses its witch powers to curse pokemon that attacked it
Mega Slowking-Galar
Ability: Voodoo Arts (This Pokemon draws in Ghost-types moves. Instead of being hit by Ghost-type moves, it boosts its Special Attack)
Stats:
  • HP: 95 (+0)
  • Attack: 65 (+0)
  • Defense: 120 (+40)
  • Special Attack: 130 (+20)
  • Special Defense: 150 (+40)
  • Speed: 30 (+0)

Description: Mega Slowking has a lot of Ghost flavoring, in my opinion. Its species name is the Hexpert Pokemon, and it is generally based on a combination of witches and zombies, which are both seen as spooky or undead things. I decided to lean into this creepy flavoring by making it able to draw in and absorb spirits, hence its new ability. With this, it can act as a solid switch in to Pokemon like Aegislash and Blacephalon that once threatened it.
Mega :swsh/slowking-galar: Glowking
Type:
Poison/Psychic
Mega Stone: Slowkinite

Ability: Spinal Tap - This Pokemon's moves deal 1.3x increased damage, but cause it to take 1/10 of its HP as recoil. (Life Orb)
(Also, I have a backup name as 'Steroid' - Hema said he disliked the name 'Spinal Tap' because he was squeamish so I guess if anyone votes for this sub also include a note on which name you would prefer!)

Stats:
HP - 95 (+0)
ATK - 65 (+0)
DEF - 80 (+0)
SPA - 145 (+35)
SPD - 175 (+65)
SPE - 30 (+0)

New Moves: Giga Drain

Description:
Dex Entry: The toxins and medicines it creates from its cerebral fluids become supercharged with the power of Mega Evolution - Mega Slowking drinks these to supercharge its body and mind and the untapped power stored within, even knowing it does so at the cost of draining its own life force in the process.
This sub has a lot of equal opposites with base - the statline is enough that it has the same special bulk as assault vest on base both uninvested and with the regular meta investment of 176 +nature (but falls slightly behind when max invested). It also hits quite a bit harder and isn’t forced to run only offensive moves, which gives it a lot more utility over base (Slack Off, Thunder Wave, Calm Mind/Nasty Plot, Light Screen, etc.).

However, it loses some sustainability as a pivot compared to base with the loss of Regenerator, making that utility more important to run in the first place. Conversely, the addition of Giga Drain gives it an important option in what coverage to bring - bonus sustainability through Giga Drain, utility in Scald, hitting Steel with Flamethrower, etc. It can also avoid the damage from its ability by switching out on Future Sight, at the cost of not getting the damage boost - however, it will still hit quite a bit harder than base.

However, like Kantonian Mega Slowking… Galarian doesn’t have to mega evolve immediately. It can still function as a pivot with Regenerator for sustainability throughout the match until the enemy team has thinned and it’s the right moment to mega evolve and sweep. In fact, as it does with base, this also much an equal opposite with Mega Kantonian Slowking - they fill very similar concepts in how they can be played, but while Slowking uses the speed inverse to shut down squishy offensive mons, Glowking does best at breaking down enemy walls and bulky offense who simply can’t pressure it hard enough to force it off of Slack Off.
Galarian Slowking

Types: Poison (-Psychic)
Ability: Syphon: Every time MEGA GALARIAN SLOWKING uses a poison-type move, 1/5 of its hp is regained.
Stats:
95 / 65 /
120 (+40) / 120 (+10) / 160 (+50) / 30
New Moves: Clear Smog
Description:
This Mon is a tanky healer. With great defence and very easy access to healing, this thing can live forever (not literally)! Its great endurance and its relatively good offence can be detrimental to unsuspecting teams! Its weaknesses are steel-types and other tanks but that's nothing a quick poison or fireblast cant help with. For the typing, I chose it with the idea that the shelder mega evolved, strengthening the power of the toxins and getting rid of its psychic abilities.

252 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowking-Galar-Mega: 192-228 (50 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Which would be healed by 20% if you use a poison move)
100 SpA Reuniclus-Mega Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking-Galar-Mega: 224-266 (58.3 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO -- guaranteed 2HKO (Which would be healed by 20% if you use a poison move)
:slowking-galar:
Mega Slowking-Galar
New Ability: Curious Medicine/Own Tempo/Regenerator --> Water Bubble
New Typing: Poison/Psychic (Unchanged)

New Stats:
ATK: 65 --> 97 (+32)
DEF
: 80 --> 90 (+10)
SPA
: 110 --> 127 (+17)
SPD
: 110 --> 151 (+41)
SPE
: 30 (-)

New Moves
: None

Desc: Mainly boost to SpD due to not being able to hold AV like base can, ideally this is enough to help it measure up a bit better than it would otherwise against AV base when you factor in being able to run a recovery move. Poison/Psychic have a really interesting set of resistances, and throwing a fire resist in there is always fun. It's already Poison-type, so Water Bubble has the additional effect of making it immune to both kinds of status that inflict chip damage. And of course, Water Bubble also gives pseudostab + Adaptability to the Water moves it already runs in its moveset (namely Scald) !
:swsh/slowking-galar:
Slowking-Galar-Mega @ Slowkinite
Ability: Witch Doctor - On entry or mega evolution, the Pokémon checks on its teammates' status in team order. If a teammate has a non-volatile status condition, the Pokémon cures the teammate by taking on the status for itself. Has no effect if this Pokémon already has a status condition.

Stats:
Hp: 95
Atk: 95 (+30)
Def: 80
Spa: 140 (+30)
Spd: 140 (+30)
Spe: 40 (+10)

New Moves: (Bold=Notable) Psycho Shift, Acid Armor
(Shoutouts to Hematite and Kero for helping me with the concept!)

Flavor Corner (plus history on the concept): Galarian Slowking is pretty much already a witch doctor. I wanted it to have something to do with curing status conditions to align with that. Originally I had it as aromatherapy on switchin, but that was definitely way over the top. It's original name was counter-clockwise cure, which arguably makes more sense on the final version, but I'm hesitant to change it now since people might consider it forced symmetry, and because it's way less future-proofed. (If you could give me a verdict on the veto post hema that would be nice)

Competitive Corner: . . .Alright, I'll explain the ability before I start rambling again. When Mega Glowking Enters the field, it checks whether it's teammates have a non-volatile status condition. The first Pokémon with one in team order is cured of it's status and Mega Glowking receives the corresponding status. Think of it as reverse psycho-shifting your ally. Understand? I hope you do, because it's time for a text wall.

To start, Glowking is one of, if not the best candidates for this ability. Why, you ask? Well, due to a combination of it's type and stats. It doesn't care about burn as much since it's a special attacker, and it's chip damage, while annoying, is offset by it's access to recovery. It doesn't care about paralysis as much because it's already super slow, and while full paralysis is annoying, it's bulk means that it normally gets more chances to use the moves it wants to compared to a frailer Pokémon. Toxic poison would be very annoying, but fortunately, it's poison typing means it's completely immune to it! This also means that it doesn't gain the poisoned status when curing it's teammates, as it's immune to it, meaning it technically can cure a Pokémon's status for free! In short, Glowking can shrug off the 3 most common status conditions in the meta.

Now, you may be asking yourselves "if it absorbs a non-poison status condition, that means it would be effectively neutered for the rest of the match, right?" And to solve that problem, we have the move psycho shift, which transfers Glowking's status onto it's opponent (Thank you kero so much for this suggestion it really brings this sub to life). Of course, this can be blocked by Pokémon immune to that status. However, this promotes smart play by both the Glowking user and their opponent. Also, since you're immune to poison yourself, that means that the only types that can switch in to block psycho shifts are fire types for burn and electrics for ground respectively. This means that it may be possible for Glowking to run earthquake to hit both, effectively making use of it's "dump" points! (Yeah yeah burn will half the damage, which mud shot ignores, and it gets special water coverage to hit fires, but the most common fire type in heatran is 4x weak to it sooooo)

Speaking of moves, it's movepool is impressively wide too! Instant recovery, support in future sight and twave (I was debating adding toxic, but that might be a bit too much utility), boosting moves in calm mind and nasty plot (plus iron defense / the added acid armor if you really want to go the stored power route, or belly drum for the memes) and a diverse selection of coverage, such as the aforementioned earthquake and water moves, as well as flamethrower/fire blast, focus blast, ice beam and power gem.

Stat-wise, it's special bulk is off the roof, and it's special attack lets it hit hard as well. It can also make use of it's dump attack points in unique ways as mentioned earlier. The speed increase was mostly a nerf to hinder it's viability under trick room, but it lets it naturally outspeed toxapex and melmetal as well. All this add up to a Pokémon that can fit on pretty much any team style that isn't hyper offense.
Mega Galarian Slowking :slowking-galar:
Types: Poison/Psychic
Ability: Witch Doctor - Whenever a Pokémon makes contact with the user, that Pokémon turns into (pure) Poison Type.
New move(s): Synchronoise, Toxic Spikes
ATK: 75(+10)
DEF: 110(+30)
SP.ATK: 135(+25)
SP.DEF: 140(+30)
SPEED: 35(+5)

We already have this fictional creature, the witch :mismagius:, so let's add this other fictional creature, the doctor. Enjoy this guy's medicine/witchcraft, as you turn your opponents into Poison types. Ever wanted to punish a Weavile's Knock off or a Pursuit by using Synchronoise? No? Well, now you can either way! Mega Galarian Slowking's raw bulk allows it to take some hits as it does its magic, while Slack Off grants it some longevity. Of course, that's not all. It can still hit very hard, mainly when the opponents are weak to one of its types! It also has the addition of Toxic Spikes, and, since the transformation into poison types is only complete after the opponent hits Slowking, that means that they can still be poisoned on entry! Hope you enjoy this as much as i enjoyed making it! Cheers!
:slowking-galar: Mega Slowking-Galar
New Ability
: Divine Incantation - When this Pokemon is hit by a move, the foe is damaged with a physical typeless move that does damage equal to the Fling BP of the target's item, including special effects of that item (if any). The item is announced on activation of this ability.
Type: Psychic/Poison

New stats:
Attack: 55 -> 85 (+30)
Defense: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Special Attack: -> 110 -> 130 (+20)
Special Defense: 110 -> 120 (+10)
Speed: 30 -> 60 (+30)
(590 BST)

New moves: none
Description: Based around Knock Off being a pretty dumb move, I wanted to have a Pokemon that encourages keeping items on Pokemon. Taking a weird kind of Poltergeist/Fling fusion into the ability creates something similar to Hooporant from FEUU. For most items, the chip damage won't be too impactful (most competitive items have a Fling BP of 10-30), but Mega Stones have a Fling BP of 80 which would pack a punch. Given the relative ease of triggering the ability, the small chip damage chunks will add up, and Pokemon is a game of inches afterall. The flavor here is that Slowking's spell allows it to take control of the target's item and hit it with it, which also kinda fits with the Halloween theme here!
:swsh/Slowking-Galar:

Mega Galarian Slowking :slowking-galar:
New Ability: Heavenly Side: This Pokémon takes 1/3 less damage from Dark type moves
Type: Psychic/Steel

New stats:
Defense: 110 (+30)
Special Attack: 130 (+20)
Special Defense: 130 (+20)
Speed: 60 (+30)
(BST: 590 (+100))

New moves: Steel Beam, Flash Cannon
Description:
:ss/Slowking-Galar:
Slowking-Galar-Mega
Poison/Psychic
Ability
: Curious Medicine/Regenerator/Own Tempo-> Weird Science (If terrain is active, user and its allies are immune to any moves that match the terrain).
Stats
Atk: 90 (+25)
Def: 90 (+10)
SpA: 140 (+30)
SpD: 125 (+15)
Spe: 50 (+20)

Description: Glowking's internal toxins are a path to many abilities most would consider- unnatural. With Mega evolution boosting its already high intellect, Glowking has discovered a way to tamper with itself- specifically how to match the chemical composition of its body to shield itself from any terrain-boosted attacks; whereas its Johto counterpart applies one effect to all Pokemon, Glow's strategy revolves around screwing over opposing terrain users by denying them one of the main benefits of terrain, or simply preventing its ally's terrain from getting exploited. Glow's STABs naturally give it a great match up against most relevant terrain setters, while still reaping the benefits of terrains, namely Acidic and Psychic's STAB boosting and Grassy's passive recovery and EQ weakening; Glow's terrific movepool also grants it Flamethrower for most Steels, Slack Off for recovery, Scald for burn spreading, or even EQ if you particularly want to deal with Heatran. While its ability requires terrain to be set up, that is not much of an ask given how common the best terrain setters are; even without terrain, Glow still packs a mean punch with its coverage and potential set-up options alongside solid bulk and recovery. This ability particular shines in VGC as it also shields its partners (granted the same immunities thanks to "voluntary" experiments) while packing support like Heal Pulse, Icy Wind and Trick Room, finally letting it in on some of the delicious Doubles success GF likely intended given Curious Medicine.
Slowking-Galar-Mega
Typing:
/

New Ability: Corrosion
{pre-Mega abilities were Curious Medicine / Own Tempo / Regenerator (hidden ability)}
STATS:
HP:
Atk: 065 → 065 (+00)
Def: 080 → 110 (+30)
SpA: 110 → 160 (+50)
SpD: 110 → 120 (+10)
Spe: 030 → 040 (+10)
(BST: 490 → 590)

Added Moves: Hidden Power, Taunt, Torment, Toxic

Pokémon Sword: "Mega Evolution has made Shellder's toxins immensely more potent, to point that it is forced to expel them aggressively or else the body of Slowking that it commands will dissolve into nothing."
Pokémon Shield: "Increasing in size due to hoarding Mega Evolution's energy, Shellder pushes Slowking's body to move faster than it's used to on the odd bits of shell that resemble stilts."

Description: Following the trend of trying to differ the Mega of an already (very) OU worthy mon from its base self by focusing on the things its base form does less well, I too decided to focus on status moves despite my initial idea not having alread been taken for this one. Unlike the far more creative ideas that have already been put forth, I decided to keep this one simple by focusing on the status move that Poison mons do the best from Gen VI onward: Toxic. This especially given that my initial attempts to focus on making Slowking-Galar's signature move of Eerie Spell worthwhile to use in Mega form became rather headache-inducing rather quickly unfortunately. (Sigh. At least we were wrong about Shell Side Arm being as worthless.)

As such, Corrosion seemed like the best, simplest fit to exploit the "look ma, no Assault Vest" aspect that Slowking-Galar-Mega would have going on by default. Additionally, it fit with the already existent the flavor of Slowking-Galar and Shellder's relationship to an extent--corroding Slowking's autonomy to the point it's a just a meat puppet for Shellder [/yet more Pokémon darkness]--even before my flavor additions for the Mega. Corrosion also seemed like a neat fit since the Slow family is far bulkier than Salazzle, and unlike Salazzle, the Galar side of the family legitimately can't break through Steels with one of its STABs even if they still have access to Flamethrower and Thunderbolt (for some reason). Corrosion also would benefit from being on a mon that has STAB Psyshock to smack Blissey and Chansey around with as well.

Other than that, not much to say other than I figured I would give it a few more status moves beyond the obligatory addition of Toxic if it's more likely to use status moves now even though Slowking-Galar doesn't really need anything else (except for Eerie Spell to be worth using). Hell, I basically dumped like 10% of the Mega boost as it is, though at least with the Speed I have the excuse of Shellder wanting to be as fast as it was by itself with that blistering 40 base Speed; originally I dumped 25% of the Mega before I realized you need 160 SpA and 252 EVs with Modest to have a chance of even 2HKOing Blissey with Psyshock--stupid Boots. Finally, it was a bit tempting to give it Toxic Spikes too, but those are mostly still meh, especially with Boots around now, and don't benefit from Corrosion at all anyway; the same goes for Corrosive Gas, which is super uninituitive and proves just how narrow Corrosion unfortunately is--such wasted potential.

So just use Toxic. Shellder commands it. All glory to the Hypnoshellder.*

*Hypnosis not included. No refunds. Only glory.
Mega-Slowking-Galar

Types :

Ability : Toxic Shell
Ability Description : This Pokemon receives 3/4 of the damage of poisoned Pokemons (simple or badly poison)
Stats :
ATK: 75 (+10)
DEF: 90 (+10)
SPA: 140 (+40)
SPD: 155 (+45)
SPE: 35 (+5)
New Moves : Toxic, Acid Armor, Mystical Fire (Flavor)

Slowking-G has one main problem: its physical defense. Thanks to Toxic Shell and its new stats this problem is compensated. I wanted to make a mega-evolution that differentiates Slowking-G from M-Slowking-G. Slowking-G is mainly seen as a regenvest user, I love slow setups like Tapu Fini CM or Corviknight Bulk Up, so that's how I came up with this idea. With his new talent, Acid Armor learned recently, Calm Mind, Slack Off, and also Venoshock he will have all the arsenal needed to scare any ill-prepared team. Also his good special attack will make him an excellent tank. Finally, I could see him using some "gimmick" sets like Stored Power or Trick Room user.
:SWSH/slowking-galar:
Mega Slowking Galar
Ability: Drowsing

- If an opponent damage this thing, and its Hp reach below 50%, use Yawn.
Stats:
HP - 95
ATK - 95 (+30)
DEF - 110 (+30)
SPA - 140 (+30)
SPD - 120 (+10)
SPE - 30
Description:
Too lazy for one, but you know what I mean.
(please yell at me if I messed anything up or missed anything!)

That's all I have for you this evening, so tagging BlueRay for his Dusknoir compilation!! Thank you so much : D

Here's the Dusknoir compilation.

Mega Dusknoir @ Dusknite

Ability: Bad Dreams

Stat (changes):
45/120(+20)/135/115(+50)/135/75(+30)

New Moves: Hypnosis, Nightmare, Yawn
Dusknoir is often described as using the antenna on its head to "guide lost spirits home". This, of course, means that Dusknoir is just casually going around and killing people (obviously gamefreak couldn't say this in the game lmao). People also often describe death as a long/deep/eternal sleep and Dusknoir already has Dream Eater, so I thought it could be an interesting sleep abuser.

My Dusknoir's main gimmick is trapping an opponent with Infestation, putting them to sleep with Yawn (or hypnosis i guess lol), and using Dream Eater + Nightmare to whittle down the foe. Because of its already incredible 135 bulk in both physical and special defense, i was able to put points into Dusknoir's Special Attack for more damage on Dream Eater (or to just be a strong bulky special attacker) and Speed so it's at least a little bit fast. I think this mon could quickly become broken, but without access to reliable recovery and being almost completely unable to hit Darks helps to reduce the stalling power of this mon. Also you get a free Frisk pre-mega :)
Mega Dusknoir

:bw/dusknoir:

/

Ability: Grim Reaper (When the user switches in against an opponent that has no item, the opponent will faint in 3 turns.)

Stats:
Atk: 140 (+40)
Def: 155 (+20)
SpAtk: 80 (+15)
SpDef: 155 (+20)
Spe: 50 (+5)

New Moves: Knock Off

Explanation:

Flavorfully, Dusknoir is considered to be a bringer of the dead and a gateway to the spirit world. Not only is this flavor incredibly badass, but it gives Dusknoir's ghostly origins a lot of potential to shine in the form of mega evolution. Having it lead you to your death would naturally make a lot of sense as a kind of grim reaper, especially if you have no earthly possession to bind you to the mortal realm.

Going onto competitive justification, Poltergeist, in my opinion, is one of the coolest moves in the game. Although on paper it looks to be an incredibly busted move, it has a very notable opportunity cost in making it so the opponent holds an item to work. This is obviously, in most cases, a pretty easy condition to fulfill, but what if removing the opponent's item was actively beneficial to a Poltergeist wallbreaker? Dusknoir is, at its core, designed to be a tank with its beastly Defenses and serviceable Attack, so to me designing it around the condition of Perish Song makes a lot of sense to me as it lets Dusknoir double as both a wallbreaker and as a tank. It can come in on a Pokemon that checks Poltergeist defensively and then use its utility movepool to either beat them 1v1, or take advantage of the forced switch to either set up Substitute, land a powerful Pursuit, or land a powerful Poltergeist.

Dusknoir, also, has access to a bevy of options that it can use to take advantage of this ability. Pursuit and Knock Off are very major ones as they allow Dusknoir to take advantage of its ability to force switches, in addition to Dusknoir's natural access to Poltergeist. Giving Dusknoir access to Knock Off also allows for it to come in against Pokemon it will want to break immediately, and then immediately disparage its defensive switch-in. However, Knock Off is a move that you need to be very sparing with if you choose to run it as it can actively debilitate Poltergeist; you'll likely find that you want to run Knock Off on different Pokemon so that way you can give Dusknoir room to run other options and so you can make its Poltergeists more deliberate. Dusknoir has access to moves such as Pain Split, Substitute, and a wide variety of coverage moves to complement Pursuit/Poltergeist. There is also Mean Look if you want to take advantage of the menace of Poltergeist, which could be a super neat option in of itself.

Overall, this mega adds even dimension to Dusknoir's access to Poltergeist by creating active opportunity cost, and giving it a unique and flavorful way to wallbreak.
mega dusknoir

ghost/dark
stats
hp- 45
atk- 100(+30)>130
def- 135(+35)>170
spa- 65
spd- 135(+35)>170
spe- 45

ability: reaper- when a pokemon faints, the user heals for 50% of the hp that pokemon had before fainting

new moves: drain punch
so clearly this mega takes heavy inspiration from dusknoir's grim reaper origins, effectively reaping the life energy from other pokemon when they faint, even its own allies. the main goal this mega is to use its low hp and great defenses to keep itself healthy with pain split and drain punch in conjunction with its ability. with its low speed it can get incredible healing after taking a big hit if it K.O.s its target and using STAB shadow sneak or sucker punch to finish off what it can't kill. all in all it has several ways to stay alive even without reliable recovery and i hope y'all like it!
Mega Dusknoir

Type:
Ghost
Ability: Mummy
Stats: 45 / 145 (+45) / 165 (+30) / 65 / 145 (+10) / 60 (+15) (625 BST)
New Moves: Drain Punch, Strength Sap

Mega Dusknoir's Mummy ability lets it take advantage of Pokémon that rely heavily on their abilities, functioning similarly to Cofagrigus in lower tiers. It also patches up one of Dusknoir's biggest weaknesses, that being its lack of reliable recovery, thanks to Strength Sap, letting it continue to bully its targets. In particular, with max HP / Defense investment, it can switch into Mega Rillaboom's Grassy Glide and remove Arena Rock; eat an Outrage (even at +1!) from Mega Dragonite and remove its Tough Claws; get rid of Stygian Shades from Mega Krookodile by switching into Knock Off; take a pittance from Toxapex's Knock Off and deny it its Regenerator on switch-out; and more! It's specialized around being a physical tank, since most contact moves are physical, and Strength Sap further enhances this. In combination with its low base HP, Mega Dusknoir can Strength Sap even against Pokémon with low Attack stats and regain an appreciable portion of its HP. Drain Punch provides an alternative for HP recovery that also lets it nail some Steel and Dark-type targets, though as with regular Dusknoir it's a bit lacking in raw power.
Mega Dusknoir :dusknoir:
Ghost
Ability: Misty Surge
45 / 150 (+50) / 140 (+5) / 85 (+20) / 160 (+25) / 45
New moves: Bulk Up, Drain Punch, Misty Explosion
Known for creating fog that can envelop entire forests, this Pokemon is known for summoning lackeys to sneak up on passers-by and drag them to the afterlife. Not much else to say here, it creates those fogs that are all-too-prevalent in horror movies and brings small ghosts (probably Duskulls) to carry its disoriented foes into the underworld.
Anyway, what of its moveset? I'll just quickly preface this with "Misty Surge good". Basically, you are now able to grant yourself and allies immunity to status just by switching in, making you a great status wall. With this status immunity, you can turn into a great set-up sweeper, using Bulk Up and Drain Punch + Poltergeist to muscle your way through opponents while continually recovering. Additionally, you could take a more defensive approach with Pain Split, using your high natural bulk but low HP in order to cut your opponents down while also healing yourself. Furthermore, you can use your Fake Out immunity as well as your high bulk to become an excellent Trick Room setter, as well as granting allies like Glastrier and Stakataka immunity to the ever-debilitating Burns and Paralyses. However, there is a notable downside to Misty Surge, in that it prevents you from stalling. Also, you are outclassed as a glue by Tapu Fini, which presents a very similar role, albeit less potently due to a lack of recovery and lower offenses, but also with a much lower opportunity cost in the form of an item slot and not being a Mega. On the bright side, in spite of these downsides, Dusknoir is here and ready to hear that beautiful sound!
(I'd love to give a big thanks to Gekokeso and BlueRay (again) on the Discord for helping me make this! They really helped me flesh it out, in stats plus adding Bulk Up and Drain Punch.)
Dusknoir-Mega
Ability: Filter
Stats: 45/130 (+30)/145 (+10)/75 (+10)/155 (+20)/75 (+30)
New Moves: Bulk Up, Drain Punch, Spirit Break
Description: Unlike most of my submissions, this one is less flavorful and more competitive. Filter lets it be a good switch in to the prevalent Ghost and Dark type moves in this meta. Drain Punch gives it some recovery, while Bulk Up lets it become a great cleaner later on. Spirit Break is mostly just flavor, but it could act as potential coverage if you don't wish to use Drain Punch, for some reason.
Mega Dusknoir
New Ability
: Pale Moon (summons Mist on entry.)
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 110
Defense: 145
Special Attack: 110
Special Defense: 145
Speed: 70
(625 BST)

New moves: Trick-or-Treat, Earth Power, Vacuum Wave
Description: also WIP

Mega Dusknoir
New Ability
: Receiver
Type
: Ghost/Fighting

New Stats:
Attack: 100 -> 130 (+30)
Defense: 135 -> 155 (+20)
Special Attack: 65 -> 100 (+35)
Special Defense: 135 -> 145 (+10)
Speed: 45 -> 50 (+5)

New Moves: Bulk Up, Drain Punch
Description:

Mega Dusknoir receives information about its target through the spirit world, giving it the most effective method to obtain their soul. Its physical strength is immense, It's punches powerful enough to knock the soul out of its foes.

I don't have much to say, I just found Dusknoir's Diamond and Pearl entry amusing. Ghost/Fighting on dusknoir is a pretty overdone typing, however combined with a Neutral STAB combination and great bulk. This dusknoir can be a gimmicky option for the VGC Metagame, combining itself with abilities such as Technician, Triage, Regenerator, Intimidate or even Steam Engine through its fallen allies.
:ss/dusknoir: Mega Dusknoir
New Ability
: Spirit Medium - The power of this Pokémon's attacks are boosted based on the number of fainted allies in this Pokémon's party. Starting at a base multiplier of 1.0, each fainted ally adds 0.1 to this multiplier.
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 145 (+45)
Defense: 180 (+45)
Special Defense: 145 (+10)
(625 BST)

New moves: Retaliate, Burning Jealousy, Punishment, Rage, Outrage, Thrash, Lash Out
Description: Fat Late Game cleaner who could also do some revenge-killing. With Ghost/Normal, Mega Dusknoir has a wide range of neutral coverage to utilize. Also gains access to STAB retaliate for synergy alongside its custom ability of power boosting based on fainted allies. High BP coverage, good attack, and up to a 1.5x boost on attacks provides Dusknoir the tools it needs to hit incredibly hard, although its speed tier holds it back. Can revenge kill either with priority via Shadow Sneak, or sacrificing a hit in order to pull off a fat retaliate. For new moves, I wanted to add a good amount of rage/revenge-based moves to fit Mega Dusknoir's flavor, although some of these options may hold competitive use, most notably Retaliate stacking its massive revenge-kill power with it's ability boost + STAB.
Flavor: With the help of Mega Energy, Dusknoir's antenna grows far more powerful, increasing its connection to the world of spirits. However, the stronger connection to these spirits overwhelms Dusknoir. Duknoir's mouth-belly opens, revealing a dark void. Within this void, many pairs of eyes can be seen, representing the souls of the dead. The restless spirits within Dusknoir's void take control, commanding it's every move. As a result, the spirits send Dusknoir into a blind, vengeful rage while in its mega state.
Inspired by one of Dusknoir's Pokedex entries: "The antenna on its head captures radio waves from the world of spirits that command it to take people there."
:Dusknoir: Mega Dusknoir
New Ability
: Spirit Guide(When ko-ing a pokemon this pokemon gains the fainted pokemons stat boost)
Type:
Ghost/Dark
New stats:
Attack: 150(+50)
Defense: 150(+15)
Special Defense: 170(+35)
(625)

Description:
Lore:
With the mouth on its belly, Dusknoir swallows its target whole. The soul is the only thing eaten— Dusknoir disgorges the body before departing.
Competitive:
With a good defensive typing and good defensive stats and access to two STAB priority moves this is the ultimate revenge killer that punishes set-up mons by threatening a counter sweep
Mega Dusknoir
Type: Ghost/Psychic
Ability: Counter-Clockwise Spiral (Mega Slowking-Johto's Ability; summons Trick Room upon entry, which remains until the ability is no longer active)
Stats:
  • HP: 45 (+0)
  • Attack: 120 (+20)
  • Defense: 135 (+0)
  • Special Attack: 65 (+0)
  • Special Defense: 135 (+0)
  • Speed: 125 (+80)
New Moves: Zen Headbutt

Description:
Mega Dusknoir takes inspiration from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. One of the central antagonists is a Dusknoir who wants to stop the flow of time and thus prevent the protagonists from changing the dark future that awaits them. Because of this, I wanted to give Mega Dusknoir a strong time theme, hence the new Psychic typing and Counter-Clockwise Spiral, which technically affects time via reversing turn order. Zen Headbutt is a new physical STAB move.
Mega :swsh/dusknoir: Dusknoir
Type:
Ghost
Mega Stone: Dusknite

Ability: Inner Fortitude

Stats:
HP - 45 (+0)
ATK - 105 (+5)
DEF - 135 (+0)
SPA - 65 (+0)
SPD - 169 (+34)
SPE - 106 (+61)

New Moves: Drain Punch

Description:
Dex Entry: The bond that Dusknoir has with its trainer combine with the energies of Mega Evolution to allow it to reject the spiritual transmissions that command it, allowing it to unlock its potential with a will entirely its own. Now the question is whether unleashing the power of Dusknoir's inner strength that even the energies Ghost World saw fit to override was a good idea after all.
CURSE INNER FORTITUDE CURSE INNER FORTITUDE CURSE INNER FORTI-

Yes, Curse + Inner Fortitude has incredible synergy. Curse immediately puts Dusknoir into Inner Fortitude range, effectively nullifying the HP cost of the move entirely when used at full health. In addition, as a mon with 45 HP and absurdly high defenses, it becomes a great user of Pain Split to both shore up its damage output and serve as its primary source of healing on tanky sets. Just like Curse, this too plays with Inner Fortitude's HP thresholds beautifully as you can customize Dusknoir's HP investment against specific threats to be able to heal up with splits that keep Dusknoir just under half, effectively turning it into a nearly full heal compared to any mon without Inner Fortitude. Both of these also pair very well with Dusknoir's niche as a very fast tank, which is something seen quite rarely in Pokemon (outside of stuff like ubers, where high BSTs naturally often make things faster than standard.) Having this priority over many of the walls as well as bulky offense staples like Rilla let it excel at manipulating its HP how it wants to and play with its Inner Fortitude thresholds in ways that are most optimal to it. This speed paired with its access to Will-o-Wisp also makes it quite effective at facing physical opponents despite its much lower base stat in Defense vs. Special Defense. As such, when building with Mega Dusknoir, how much speed investment you want to give it will actually play a much bigger role in deciding which matchups you want to prepare it for, instead of how much physdef investment like is the case with most tanks.

Offensive sets are no joke, either. Ghost/Fighting is obviously the single best offensive combo in the game, and while it's only coming off 105 base attack, without STAB on Fighting, and only 75 BP on fighting, that's not to be shrugged off. Poltergeist gets a ton of mileage just by virtue of being a 110 BP Ghost move, Dusknoir's combination of low HP and high defense makes the health drain even more potent while providing the natural bulk to live a lot of hits most offensive mons usually wouldn't while setting up with Power-Up Punch and utilizing Shadow Sneak against squishier faster mons. Additionally, Substitute has great synergy with being a fast wall for stall purposes (which means great synergy with Curse) and, as Blue mentioned, specifically great synergy with Inner Focus by being able to both help manipulate your health thresholds as well as having your Substitutes last longer (a fun interaction is that using Substitute between 50-75% actually gives your Substitute MORE effective health than what you put into it - essentially doubling each percentage of health you were above 50% at the time you used it). This means Dusknoir has great potential as a Substitute/Focus Punch abuser with the aforementioned Ghost/Fighting offensive combo and being able to force out many physical mons with Wisp and many tanks with its wallbreaking potential (and it can eat hits from opposing walls well enough that even if they don't switch it can potentially set up Substitutes on them anyway that will last long enough to get Focus Punches off).

The special orientation on its defenses makes Dusknoir incredibly flexible - in addition to both offensive, tanky, and somewhere in between all being viable sets for it, it can also choose to reliably blanket check many physical or special threats depending on how it invests, with special sets being much more immediately tanky and consistent, and physical sets winning out harder against physical threats in the long run with access to Wisp. Of course, full HP and -insert defense here- can make you very bulky towards a specific defense, and full HP and Attack serves it very well as a well-rounded bulky attacker, Dusknoir's unique defensive base stat distribution makes HP investment not always the optimal play. Maxing both defenses on tankier builds will make Dusknoir a bit easier to take down and will give away its ability to check some of the hardest hitting mons that are currently popular, but in return it increases the potency of both the healing and damage from Pain Split, which gives it better longevity and eek out better kill thresholds against many opposing walls. Offensive sets can run max attack + -insert defense here - to becomes less specialized in its bulk but become better at shrugging off and powering through specific physical or special threats with the increased thiccness of its Drain Punch heals. Max attack + speed makes it very powerful as a wallbreaker - it loses to many more offensive mons who already want to run max speed, whereas the amount of investment required to match them may often take too much away from its defenses to be worthwhile, but its natural bulk and ability let it shrug off the weaker attacks most walls can dish out and just setup and heal off of them as it wears them down.

All in all, this Mega Dusknoir is a very solid all-around mon with a lot of spreads and movesets depending on what you need to use it for, but becomes limited in how well you can support it in the areas you choose not to use it. It has the potential to check most things, but its far from capable to being able to do most of them at once, and that unpredictability is integral to winning or losing.
:dusknoir: Dusknoir-Mega
New Ability: Trace
Type:

Stats: 45 / 160 (+60) / 145 (+10) / 85 (+20) / 145 (+10) / 45 (BST: 625)
New Moves: Drain Punch, Work Up
Description: Steal regens and have fun. Ill go back to writing an actual description later
:swsh/dusknoir:
Dusknoir-Mega @ Dusknite
Ability: Soul Guard - This pokemon is immune to moves from types that it resists.

Stats:

Atk: 145 (+45)
Def: 155 (+20)
Spa: 80 (+15)
Spd: 155 (+20)
Spe: 45

New Moves: (Bold = Notable) Drain Punch
Flavor Corner: According to it's dex entries, Dusknoir is able to guide lost souls to the afterlife, and does so by ingesting the souls into it's body. As a ghost type, it's body is naturally resilient to things like decay and disease, and as such through the power of mega evolution it strengthens it's body and makes sure that the souls inside it are not corrupted.

Competitive Corner: As a pure ghost type, this makes it totally immune to bug and poison moves, including status moves. This gives it notable immunities to U-Turn and Toxic. I know we just got 2 anti-pivoting megas, but this also has additional utility in the afforementioned toxic immunity, as well as the respective stab moves of each type (Sludge Bomb, Megahorn, etc.) It's defensive stats are amazing, and while it's low hp hinders it (though if it had a high hp it would be pretty broken), it allows it to semi-reliably use pain split for recovery. It has an expansive movepool as well, including diverse coverage options such as the elemental punches and defensive utility in toxic, will-o-wisp, haze, taunt and trick room. This gives it a niche as a great stall breaker. It also probably fits best on stall teams itself, specifically because of hellish stall vs stall matchups, which is why stall breakers are actually quite used, according to stall players I know. They appreciate the toxic and u-turn immunities and numerous utility options dusknoir has, while also providing much appreciated wish support, which is especially effective on dusknoir due to it's low hp.

However, it's defensive utility isn't the only thing it has going for it. With stab poltergeist off of 145 attack, plus it's great coverage, it's no offensive slouch either. Drain punch gifts it with perfect neutral coverage (lets pretend Hisuan Zoroark doesn't exist) and additional highly appreciated recovery, but it's other options are still usable. Ice Punch for lando or chomp, fire punch to hit steel/flyings and ferro harder, earthquake to hit heatran harder, power-up-punch for the useful damage boost, and sucker punch or shadow sneak to bypass it's low speed.

In vgc, bug and poison moves are less common, and it's mostly still outclassed by it's pre-evolution. However, it still can function on trick room teams as it can both set up and actually abuse it with it's meaty attack.
Mega-Dusknoir
Typing:
Ghost
Ability:
Soul Snatcher
Ability Description:
Whenever an adjacent pokemon heals, the user heals half that amount.
Stats:
HP:
ATK: 140 (+40)
DEF: 165 (+30)
SPA: 65 (+0)
SPD: 165 (+30)
SPE: 45 (+0)
New Moves: Bulk Up, Refresh
The void inside dusknoir gradually grows in power upon mega evolution. Its soul stealing properties are inmensly increased to the point that merely standing near dusknoir causes fatigue and nausea, as the void steals the vitality of those around it.
There are multiple pokedex entrys that talk about how dusknoir takes the soul of its opponents, devours them and leave the opponent as an empty shell. The ability name plays into said entries perfectly, as stealing the healing of a opponent
Dusknoir has always lacked two important things: The first being a set up option and the second being reliable recovery. With this mega, we give it a little bit of both. The addition of bulk up alonewould mean that Dusknoir's set up problem would finally be resolved, as bulk up provides a set-up option that alongside dusknoir's already excellent bulk could make it into a very tanky sweeper, but with a huge lack of recovery. This is where Soul snatcher comes in. Soul Snatcher is a reskin of Deepblue's bottom feeder ability, and we tought that dusknoir would be a perfect fit for it, as it is able to provide recovery for it without making it too reliable for it to use constantly. Because of the effect of its ability, Dusknoir can be an extremely powerful stallbreaker, making use of its ability to outlive walls that try to heal its attacks. All of this, combined with its bulk make for an extremely bulky sweeper that is still limited by its slow speed and mediocre movepool.
Mega Dusknoir :dusknoir:
Ability: Void - This Pokemon heals 1/4 of its max HP when hit by Status moves; Immunity to Status moves.
New Move(s): Drain Punch, Encore
ATK: 160(+60)
DEF: 155(+20)
SP.ATK: 65(0)
SP.DEF: 155(+20)
SPEED: 45(0)

1635158355893.png

Tired of pesky hazard removers, Taunt, Toxic and the such? Well, what if you could punish them, not by bouncing it back or anything, but by absorbing those? Not only this allows a bulky, strong Pokémon to recover its HP, but it also neutralize those moves. Mega Dusknoir has the awesome combination of Ghost typing and the ability to absorb Defog with its Void, making it great to avoid hazards from being removed. Its natural bulk also combines well with Void, as it doesn't have to worry about Toxic, as well as being physical and not having to worry about Will-o-Wisp, which makes it easy and fun to play. Mega Dusknoir can simply consume anything into the Void, so enjoy!
:ss/Dusknoir:
Dusknoir-Mega
Ghost
Ability
: Pressure/Frisk-> Soul Eater (User heals 1/4 max HP when hit by a Ghost move; is immune to Ghost).
Stats

Atk: 145 (+45)
Def: 145 (+10)
SpA: 80 (+15)
SpD: 145 (+10)
Spe: 65 (+20)
New Moves
: Drain Punch

Description
: As a fine connoisseur of soul food, Dusknoir's Mega takes its diet to the next level by letting it absorb all spectral energy, making it weak only to Dark moves. Mega Dusk is a very hungry soul, and will chow down further on the opponent with new Drain Punch (which also hits Dark types) and Pain Split to capitalize on its lower HP, taking hits thanks to its solid defense stats. Fully emerging from the darkness of Dusclops' shadow, however, will require solid offensive presence, which Dusk packs with a sizeable Atk boost and great STAB between Poltergeist and Shadow Sneak, as well as options like aforementioned Drain Punch to hit Dark types, EQ to hit Stoutland-Mega and status in either Wisp or Toxic.

Dusknoir-Mega
Typing:

/

New Ability: Soul Eater = This Pokémon draws Ghost moves to itself to raise Atk by 1; Ghost immunity.
{pre-Mega abilities were Pressure / Frisk (hidden ability)}
STATS:
HP:
Atk: 100 → 150 (+50)
Def: 135 → 160 (+25)
SpA: 065 → 065 (+00)
SpD: 135 → 160 (+25)
Spe: 045 → 045 (+00)
(BST: 525 → 625)

New Moves: Drain Punch, Signal Beam, Thunder Wave, Wild Charge, Zing Zap
Pokémon Sword: "Dusknoir acts even more robotically in its new Mega form. It will sit still for hours without moving or making any sound even though it seems to be awake, seemingly stirred only at random when a particularly unfortunate soul enters into range."
Pokémon Shield: "In addition to seeming to receive transmissions from the spirit world, it now seems to send out signals of its own, enough that they interfere with TVs and radios. As of yet, no one has deciphered the meaning of either signal sets."
Description: Unlike with Slowking-Galar, my initial plans for Dusknoir were basically screwed over from before the beginning of this slate, at least ability-wise. It was because I was going to make it an anti-pivot mon by way of its new typing...and then not one but two mons with anti-pivot abilities won last slate. Yay...instantly obviated before it could even see the light of day. As such, I just fell back on the most obvious ability that surprisingly no one else has submitted yet, though apparently I waited long enough that someone--okispokis--finally also used the exact same name. Admittedly not sure how much my Soul Eater has worthwhile aspects in Doubles despite acting like Storm Drain, though it at least shuts down Broken Horse I guess--ironically that apparently carries Mud Shot--and allows this Dusknoir-Mega to at least help cover Psychics a bit as well; too bad both types are still weak to Dark.

Speaking of Dusknoir's new typing, I feel like I have to explain that the most. I chose Ghost/Electric initially because it resisted both of the original damaging pivot moves in U-Turn and Volt Switch, which seemed important for an anti-pivot mon and could still technically have merit I guess since Victreebel-Mega and Lanturn-Mega both only resist one of those--Volt Switch in both cases; they technically resist two as well due to Flip Turn, but we don't speak of that abomination. I figured that Electric was a justified typing to add between the transmission & signal receiving that its official Pokédex entries talk about and the perception among some that "ghosts" in real life--not that I personally think any exist--are strongly related to electromagnetic phenomena, e.g. EVPs.

Despite the pivoting angle being defunct, I kept the typing just because if Rotom-Mega ever gets done, I figure it won't end up physically-oriented even if it remained Ghost/Electric, and because Electric brings with it a lot of useful resistances and a semi-useful immunity even with added the weakness to Ground. In fact, becoming Ghost/Electric would actually make Dusknoir-Mega one of the best checks to some greatly annoying and dangerous mons like Corviknight and the notoriously difficult-to-wall Hawlucha and, to a lesser extent, Zapdos-Galar. That new typing also makes this Dusknoir-Mega pair well with at least two different terrains in the form of Electric Terrain and Grassy Terrain, as well as I guess makes it easier to beat up on Tapu Fini via STAB.

Unfortunately, it's not all good news given Dusknoir's pitiful HP is still there and can't really be changed (directly) despite that being the main part of what made it easily the worst new evolution of its Gen in the first place among the old mons that got one; that would be true even before Eviolite, which only made things worse for it. Similarly, non-signature Electric moves still basically suck on the physical side, meaning that Wild Charge is about the best or at least strongest I can give it, which unfortunately undermines its bulk if used; technically I could give it Plasma Fists I guess, but this is like the one time that move is actively "bad" since its secondary effect somewhat backfires when it isn't just being moot, especially with all of the Scrappy mons being far faster than Dusknoir anyway. So I compromised by also giving it Zing Zap despite not really fitting the flavor--well, the Japanese name's flavor at least--though I suppose if Dusknoir-Mega is all about "receiving transmissions", then it's not difficult to imagine it becoming somewhat spikier or changing to look more like a transmission tower on its top half. The other new moves are pretty self-explanatory, and Signal Beam is more there for its flavor than for any actual usage, especially since it got Dexit-snapped out of existed anyway technically.
Mega Dusknoir
New Ability
: Moxie
Type:

New stats:
Attack: 100(+35) --> 135
Defense: 135(+25) --> 160
Special Defense: 135(+25) --> 160
Speed: 45(+15) --> 60
(BST): 525(+100) --> 625

Description: I've mentioned this before but I really do think Dark is best for a Moxie-like ability, and it fits on Dusknoir. Knock Off and Pursuit both punish switching out while Power Trip is devastating after getting boosts. Plus Knock Off has hilarious anti-synergy with Poltergeist.
Mega Dusknoir

Ability - Pressure; Frisk ➝ Psychopomp (The Pokémon will switch out every time a Pokémon faints.)

HP - 45 ➝ 45
Atk
- 100 ➝ 105 (+5)
Def - 135 ➝ 180 (+45)
SpA - 65 ➝ 70 (+5)
SpD - 135 ➝ 180 (+45)
Spe - 45 ➝ 45 (±0)
BST - 525 ➝ 625 (+100)

Movepool Changes - Drain Punch, Hammer Arm, Knock Off, Teleport, Zen Headbutt
Competitive Corner - Now much bulkier but not THAT much stronger, Mega Dusknoir's main appeal is to set up Trick Room and either Teleport out shall it get the chance, or, even better, grab a KO if possible and use that to switch out! With residual like Toxic it's also possible to time a switch out at the same turn you set up Trick Room which is obviously very nice if set up accordingly. And even outside of being a Trick Room setter, this thing has colossal bulk and a non-overlookable Attack stat with high-powered STAB and coverage, which means it's not unlikely to grab a KO or two and make use of it's ability to deny the opponent momentum!
Flavor Corner - Pokédex entries make it pretty clear Dusknoir is a Psychopomp, I thought this would be the most natural way to express that ability maybe? Think of it was Mega Dusknoir switches out so they can carry whatever it is they just KO'd into the spirit world? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
:dp/dusknoir:Mega Dusknoir

Ability
: Soul Drain
(While this Ability is active, every Pokemon looses HP each turn. Same as Toxic. Resets when the Ability isn't active.)

45/130/160/65/160/65 (625)
+30 Atk, +25 Def, +25 SpD, +20 Spe

New Moves: Strength Sap, Close Combat

Description: My original idea was an Ability that damages Pokemon that switch out, but since there already abilities like this, I wanted to created an ability that punishes the Pokemon that stay in. This beats set-up sweepers that need multiple boosts to be threatening or passive Pokemon that can't outstall Dusknoir anymore. Of course you can escape this by switching out, so STAB Pursuit can help punish the switch. Strength Sap is there to keep itself healthy against more offensive Pokemon and with Protect and Shadow Sneak, you can manage to OHKO weakened Pokemon.
:SWSH/dusknoir:
Mega Dusknoir
Ability: Soul Clap

- Gain the ability of the last fainted pokemon on the field.
Stats:
HP - 45
ATK - 120(+20)
DEF - 155 (+20)
SPA - 105 (+40)
SPD - 155 (+20)
SPE - 45
Description:
-Revenge killing, with the same ability the last fainted pokemon, in this case the ability the ally has. Can fit into many style of team. That's not Huge Power XP
-It can choose the opponent to kill with pursuit.
:dp/dusknoir:
Pokemon: Mega-Dusknoir
Type: Ghost/Dark
Ability: Soul Seeker - If there are more Pokemon fainted on the opponent's team then on the ally team, this Pokemon gets +1 Special Defense (upon switchin/mega evolving)
Stats:
ATK: 100 -> 135 (+35)
DEF: 135 -> 155 (+20)
SPA: 65 -> 77 (+12)
SPD: 135 -> 145 (+10)
SPE: 45 -> 68 (+23)
New Moves: Pursuit, Bulk Up
Summary: My Mega-Mightyena coming back in a spooky style! Makes the opponent think twice about sacking their weakened mons and works well with hazard stack. Uses WoW and Bulk Up to bring up its defense, and Pursuit lets it nab weakened mons who are trying to swap out.
Mega Dusknoir

Ability: Soul-Heart

New Stats:

Attack: 100 → 145 (+45)
Defense: 135 → 160 (+25)
Special Attack: 65 → 90 (+25)
Special Defense: 135 → 140 (+5)
BST: 525 → 625 (+100)

New moves:
1) Competitive moves
Astral Barrage, Superpower, Spirit Break

2) Fun moves
Trick-or-Treat, Misty Explosion

Description:
1) Flavour
There was something here but Dusknoir seemed to have eaten all the Halloween Candy. OH, NO!!! :O

Just kidding :]
Dusknoir is based upon the Grim Reaper and has much to do with the soul world as a whole, with its antennae being a receiver of some sorts connecting to Magearna, perhaps they are even powered by the same Soul Heart, just Dusknoir has some form of Wireless connection. Anyways, having an ability that mechanically synergizes with absorbing the souls of its victims for power, while also flavorwise being a great pick for a Dusknoir-Mega

2) Competitive
This Mega Dusknoir is meant to capitalize on kamikaze tactics in order to gain an advantage in VGC / Doubles.

Ever since the introduction of Eviolite in generation 5, Dusknoir has been heavily outclassed by its pre-evolution Dusclops. The latter often sees play in VGC where it can stay long on the field to support the team, be it through Trick Room, Will-o-Wisp, Ally Switch or Bulldoze to activate an ally's Weakness Policy. Enter Mega Dusknoir which is supposed to be a foil to Dusclops. While Dusclops shines with its superb bulk and excellent support options, making it therefore a passive Pokémon, Mega Dusknoir, on the other hand, can quickly exert offensive dominance over the field the more Pokémon are fainted.

Sure, base 90 Special Attack may look unimpressive. However, the fact that Mega Dusknoir has one of the best offensive types in Ghost and acccess to an incredibly strong STAB move in Astral Barrage means it can quickly wear down several opposing Pokémon, especially when it accumulates boosts. After all, it is not uncommon for Mega Dusknoir to have +2 SpA or even +3 SpA at the end of turn two or turn three if you pull off specific combos; in fact, Mega Dusknoir's Ghost type and ability promote the use of Explosion and Self-Destruct as it's immune to these moves. This means Mega Dusknoir will already get +1 SpA from its sacrificed ally, and more if said ally managed to take down any opposing Pokémon. With Snorlax or Lickylicky who have STAB on the aforementioned Normal moves, this shouldn't be difficult to pull off most of the time. Alternatively, you can rely on redirectors like Amoonguss or Clefairy who will take the brunt while Mega Dusknoir is busy with setting up Trick Room.

If you were wondering why Mega Dusknoir should get Astral Barrage, it has great flavour. Dusknoir is known to collect and store souls in its belly just so that it can guide them safely to the beyond. Since Astral Barrage is made of many small ghosts, Dusknoir can simply unleash all the souls to defend itself. Competitively, Mega Dusknoir needs to make up for having its allies sacrificed their healths and secure its position in VGC where it's mainly meant to be, just like how Mega Empoleon got Origin Pulse to distinguish itself from the many offensive Water Pokémon and make up for the support provided by the partner.

As for Spirit Break, it was added to enable another strategy. Rather than quickly sacrificing Pokémon, you can try to slow down the opponent's team with this move as it lowers a target's Special Attack. Same with Skitty Smash but for Attack. As a result, Mega Dusknoir can stay longer on the field and allow a partner to defeat opposing Pokémon and accumulate Special Attack boosts for Mega Dusknoir! As far as Trick-or-Treat and Misty Explosion are concerned, they were added to create a fun experience. The former adds a Ghost type to a target, which would synergize well with Astral Barrage, the latter allows Mega Dusknoir to go down with a big bang once it collected enough souls. Speaking of Misty Explosion, Mega Dusknoir has Destiny Bond and Ally Switch to force or trick an opponent into attacking an ally in order to activate Soul-Heart!

Against this background, Mega Dusknoir utilizes its ability very cunningly and differently from Magearna, which is all about wallbreaking. Moreover, it is not as broken as Magearna since it has to rely mainly on Ghost moves to actually hurt opposing Pokémon and has a rather mediocre Special Attack. Moreover, Dark Pokémon are very common in M4A VGC, such as, but not limited to, Incineroar, Galarian Moltres, Grimmsnarl or Urshifu-Single-Strike. This means Mega Dusknoir is kept well in check. And unlike Magearna, Mega Dusknoir actually has a useful (read: healthy) niche on a Trick Room team; after all, many Trick Room teams struggle with Aegislash, Mega Dhelmise or Mega Mawile. Since Mega Dusknoir is faster than these Pokémon in Trick Room, it can threaten these Pokémon first.

Although Mega Dusknoir is mainly intended for VGC, we did not forget to make room for Singles. There, it can be used as a lategame cleaner with a Trick Room set. Thus, it fills a void left by Magearna's ban. Furthermore, Mega Dusknoir is even different from Magearna in that regard in that it will most likely run a mixed set, like Astral Barrage, Superpower, and Ice Beam to get the most out of its sets and threaten common opposing lategame cleaners, like Greninja or Kartana. If you are not into a Trick Room set, Mega Dusknoir can always surprise weakened Pokémon with Shadow Sneak or Pursuit to activate its ability. And that's another aspect that makes Mega Dusknoir different from Magearna. Rather than trying to wallbreak or boosts itself with a move like Calm Mind, Mega Dusknoir rewards smart plays. If that is not enough for you, Mega Dusknoir can still try a utility set with Hex / Will-o-Wisp / Pain Split / Earthquake to stay long on the field and wear down opposing Pokémon, slowly accumulating boosts and making the opponent scared if they do not manage to take it down. Alternatively, you could experiment with Block / Trick-or-Treat / Astral Barrage / Pain Split to safely get a boost on specific targets.

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
:galvantula: Galvantula submission compilation! If your Galvantula isn't in here and Hematite didn't say your sub was vetoed in his post then I missed it and please let me know.

Mega Galvantula

:bw/galvantula:

/

Ability: Silk Toxin (If the user is faster than the opponent, including after stat changes and item buffs/debuffs, the opponent's side of the field will lose 1/8 of their HP at the end of every residual turn.)

Stats:
Atk: 112 (+35)
Def: 75 (+15)
SpAtk: 127 (+30)
SpDef: 75 (+15)
Spe: 114 (+5)

New Moves: Taunt, Zing Zap

Explanation:

I always felt as though Galvantula would make good use of residual damage due to its mediocre offensive stats, as its STAB combination is quite powerful and access to Sticky Web helps to augment that especially against offenses. Silk Toxin allows for Galvantula to do something fairly unique that benefits it greatly as an offensive Electric-type, that being its ability to continuously and forcibly accumulate chip damage against its checks, including Ground-types which may attempt to pivot into its Volt Switch otherwise. When switching in, Galvantula may lose momentum, but it accumulates chip instead. Furthermore, without Sticky Web up, its ability acts as a unique Choice Scarf scout, which can prove valuable in a fast metagame where speed control is vital to maintaining the advantage and yourself from being run over. With a naturally good speed tier, it is able to pull some SubSeed-styled shenanigans, too, while being also able to turn Sticky Web into a greater offensive tool, even in Doubles. Zing Zap lets Galvantula don a mixed playstyle with Leech Life to give it better longevity and can synergize with its ability on potential flinches to further accumulate chip damage, and Taunt lets it screw with recovery moves.

This ability is laced with a lot of flavor; Galvantula is a hunter that takes advantage of its widespread, electrified webs to stun, weaken, and trap its prey. Given that webs are generally associated with immobility, it also makes sense to me that the condition of this ability is tied to Galvantula having to be faster. I was very tempted to tie this flavor more into the electrified web aspect, but this prevents it from being future-proofed and lets it be applied to other kinds of Bug-types. I just think something like this suits Galvantula's playstyle as a more offensively oriented Bug-type with a really cool offensive typing and especially complements its Electric-type, which is a very strong offensive type that is generally capstoned by a general inability to make progress.
:ss/galvantula:
Mega Galvantula

Type:
Bug / Electric
Ability: Parasite - The user's same-type attacks restore 50% of the damage inflicted on targets with a reduced Speed stat.
Stats: 70 / 97 (+20) / 60 / 117 (+20) / 70 (+10) / 158 (+50) (572 BST)
New Moves: Toxic Thread, U-turn

Mega Galvantula's Parasite ability grants it a bit of longevity to abuse alongside everyone's favourite hazard, Sticky Web. By turning its STAB attacks into draining moves when the target's Speed stat is lowered, it becomes a potent abuser of its own hazard; anything that switches in while Sticky Web is up can let Mega Galvantula regain some HP before pivoting out with Volt Switch. U-turn with its slightly bumped Attack gives it another STAB pivoting option that deals less damage than Volt Switch but doesn't have an immunity to screw it over. Of course, Sticky Web isn't Galvantula's only method of reducing Speed; in Doubles, it becomes a pretty nasty Electroweb user, and in singles, maybe Toxic Thread has a niche? With Electro Ball maybe? Probably not but who knows.

It's still pretty fragile, it's weak to Stealth Rock, and it's quite priority-vulnerable, so it's not invincible by any means, but when it's allowed to set up its web trap, opponents are in for a rough time.
Mega Galvantula
Types: Electric/Bug
Ability: Galvanize
Stats: 70/127 (swapped with sp. atk, +30)/85 (+25)/77 (swapped with atk)/85 (+25)/128 (+20)
New Moves: U-Turn
Description: Galvantula always looked more physically oriented than specially oriented. This Mega Evolution will accentuate this. Surprisingly, Galvantula has some pretty good physical moves. Galvanize is pretty strong on Galvantula, as it lets it have a powerful STAB in Return (or Frustration i guess). U-Turn is a nice pivoting move, while Galvantula now can survive a couple hits to potentially set Sticky Webs.
:galvantula:
Mega Galvantula
New Ability
: Energy Plant (When the opponent heals, this pokemon uses Leech Seed. ([the mon] is beeing swarmed by Joltiks!))
Type:
|

New stats:
Attack: 117 (swap with spatk)
Defense: 105
Special Attack: 85 (Swap with atk)
Special Defense: 80
Speed: 115
(572 BST)

New moves: Strength Sap, Toxic Thread, Zing Zap, U-Turn (why dos it not get this normally??), Trick-or-Treat
Description: WIP

Mega Galvantula
New Ability
: Inertia
(:zebstrika: An ability made by KeroseneZanchu for their Mega Zebstrika!- "This pokemon takes up to 50% reduced damage from direct attacks, based on how much faster it is than the attacker."
Damage Reduced = 25 × User's Current Speed / Target's Current Speed
)
Type: Bug/Electric

New Stats:
Attack: 77
Defense: 60 -> 100 (+40)
Special Attack: 97 -> 117 (+20)
Special Defense: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Speed: 108 -> 128 (+20)

New Moves: Strength Sap
Description:

Mega Galvantula uses its own electricity to stimulate its muscles and move at incredible speeds. While it is moving, it is surrounded in an electrical fence that acts as a barricade for anything too slow to pass through it.

I wanted to give my Mega Galvantula a way to remain healthy throughout the match and use its own webs to its advantage. KerozeneZanchu's ability, Inertia was the perfect way to initiate that, because of its cool interaction with Sticky Webs.

Webs make it a lot harder to take this thing down, and with Strength Sap it can weaken an already weakened attacking stat and benefit greatly from it. It is more physically defensive to encourage this, and Galvantula could even invest fully in special attack to amplify its mediocre offenses. It's genuinely great in VGC, combined with spread speed dropping moves like Icy Wind or Electroweb, one of which it already can learn, and even viably running String shot with little speed investment to really give its opponents a hard time.
:Galvantula: Mega Galvantula
New Ability
: WIP(Bad Dreams for paralysis)
Type:
Bug/Electric
New stats:
HP:70
Attack:135(+58)
Defense: 77(+17)
Special Attack: 105(+8)
Special Defense: 77(+17)
Speed:108
(572)
New moves: Fell Stinger
Description:
"They employ an electrically charged web to trap their prey. While it is immobilized by shock, they leisurely consume it." - White Pokedex
Mega Galvantula
Type: Electric/Bug
Ability: Tempestuous (Mega Jolteon's Ability; gains Charge upon replacing a fainted ally)
Stats:
  • HP: 70 (+0)
  • Attack: 87 (+10)
  • Defense: 70 (+10)
  • Special Attack: 137 (+40)
  • Special Defense: 70 (+10)
  • Speed: 138 (+30)

Description: Galvantula's main niche in lower tiers is its solid Speed tier and access to CompoundEyes Thunder, which makes it a powerful and deadly wallbreaker if used correctly. Mega Galvantula trades base Galvantula's near-perfect accuracy Thunder for devestating power and solid revenge killing potential thanks to its buffed Speed and having Tempestuous as its ability.

(Also I noticed that I've been using a previously introduced custom ability for at least one Mega these past few slates... just goes to show how great y'all are at making custom abilities!)
Collab with the wonderful Jazzmat!
Mega :swsh/galvantula: Galvantula
Type:
Bug/Electric
Mega Stone: Galvantulite

Ability: Agitate - This Pokemon increases the stat stages it inflicts on other pokemon by one.

Stats:
HP - 70 (+0)
ATK - 97 (+20)
DEF - 60 (+0)
SPA - 127 (+30)
SPD - 101 (+41)
SPE - 117 (+9)

New Moves: Nuzzle, Leer

Description:
Dex Entry: Mega Galvantula sends a thin web-like electromagnetic current to completely permeate the battlefield and everyone on it. Movement through this field disturbs it, immediately alerting Mega Galvantula to the locations of all who are caught in it, and the static threads agitate the bodies and minds of its victims, reopening old wounds and amplifying preexisting pains.
Do ya like Jazz?

This Pokemon can use its ability to greatly capitalize on its wide array of stat-dropping tools, such as Sticky Webs, Lunge/Skitter Smack, Struggle Bug, Electroweb, String Shot, Leer, and Screech.

It differentiates itself from Leavanny - another Bug Mega built around doubling stat drops - in that the majority of its tools are doubles-oriented, vs. Leavanny's singles focus. Electroweb gives it even better speed control than Regieleki, but due to the (much) lower speed tier it's also easier for the enemy to handle beforehand. Struggle Bug, paired with its special bulk, gives it an incredibly solid niche as a very reliable blanket nerf to Special Attackers above what Snarl can already do in the format. While it can also lower Attack with Lunge, it's a single-target move off of its lower attack stat and Attack control is already much more readily available via things like Intimidate. String Shot becomes *the* ultimate speed control move in the game, lowering both enemy's speed by -3 in one fell swoop - most of the time halving the enemy speed will be enough and it won't justify losing out on Electroweb's damage, but String Shot can still enable many surprise plays from slower partners. Leer also turns into double screech which can greatly boost the threat of physical damage partners, however it remains balanced by not providing chip unlike most of its other doubles-oriented tools, those aforementioned tools wanting Galvantula itself to go Special Attack and making it hard for Galvantula itself to capitalize on the Defense drop, and Galvantula being incompatible with the two best physical spread moves (Earthquake is obvious, but Rock Slide largely hits mostly the same targets that Galvantula does already, making the pair slightly redundant).

However, even with the lower stat, Galvantula sees its niche in singles on the physical side. Lunge and Skitter Smack's weaknesses as single-target only moves, obviously, don't matter here, and Galvantula can make full use of their utility as a higher BP option than the special moves it uses in VGC, and utilize the offensive drops to be deceptively tanky (as it effectively is halving the damage of any Pokemon it outspeeds). Sticky Webs isn't inherently physical (if anything it would promote special sets with Electro Ball please please please please-) but also gives Galvantula a lot of sticking power (ba dum tss) by letting it punish anyone trying to come in on it who would normally outspeed it, and its Electric typing making it hard for most Defoggers to come in and clear them. In addition, I would like to point your eyes towards Screech, which becomes a double Swords Dance as long as the opponent doesn't switch out. In addition to switching giving it a bonus chance to capitalize on Sticky Webs... Galvantula gets Pursuit. Murder Spider 2: Electric Boogaloo, Araquanid Who? In all seriousness though, Galvantula has pretty limited and mostly redundant physical coverage, and is plagued by the curse of all physical Electric types that is called Wild Charge. This keeps it frightening with the tech it has available, but relatively balanced, and if it proves too strong, lowering the +20 attack back down some goes a long way towards reducing the scariness of its offensive prowess (each attack point it loses is effectively about 3 due to landing Screech being pretty mandatory to doing any real damage). Compared to Leavanny's singles status is still remains distinct as well - with its tools being primarily defensive utility vs. Leavanny's offensive utility like Apple Acid, as well as all other tools it uses being kept to status moves like Screech/Sticky Webs.

Nuzzle is a good addition for tech on singles Galvantula since it can utilize the speed drops it creates with Sticky Webs and use it to help translate that into a more permanent form of speed control that can last even after Galvantula switches out. Since the ability only works while its in, its the only one that can benefit from the doubled webs, so the paralysis from Nuzzle means it can also halve the speed of enemies to support the rest of the team.
:galvantula: Galvantula-Mega
New Ability: Fur Coat
Type:

Stats: 70 / 80 (+10) / 85 (+25) / 132 (+35) / 70 (+10) / 118 (+20) (BST: 625)
New Moves: Roost
Description: CSM Galvantula. Ill go back to writing an actual description later
:swsh/Galvantula:
Name: Galvantula-Mega
Ability: Unnerve/Compound Eyes/Swarm > Static Relay
(Paralyzes foes that use status moves that target Galvantula when Galvantula switches in)
Typing: Bug/Electric
Stats: 70/77/60/97/60/108 > 70/77/80/147/75/123 (+100)
New Moves: Strength Sap
Description: Offensive Webs setter that punishes Defog and Toxic
This Pokemon’s main goal is to set up Sticky Webs. Thanks to its Electric type, it can deter most Defog users. Its ability makes sure that most Defoggers can't easily generate momentum by removing hazards because if Galvantula switches in on said Defog, they get paralyzed. Moreover, its ability can be useful to deter hazard setters like Garchomp or Landorus-T, making them less useful. If they try to hurt Galvantula rather than setting hazards, they might risk getting OHKOed by Hidden Power Ice after Stealth Rock. Therefore, Galvantula can create some interesting mind games, which is very fitting for a spider.
however, it is weak to Stealth Rock, which, if it wants to take full advantage of its ability, it might need to come in on, can rack up over time, and as its only recovery is Strength Sap, getting hit by Toxic can still be problematic, if not crippling.

Flavor-wise, the idea was that Mega Galvantula would be very acutely aware of anything that happens to its webs. if something were to disrupt or destroy them, it would come out of its hiding place to paralyze the intruder with electrically charged webs, hence why the ability only works on switchin.
:galvantula:
Mega Galvantula
New Ability: CompoundEyes/Unnerve/Swarm -> Jump Start (On its first active turn after switching in, this Pokemon's moves have +1 priority.)
New Typing: Bug/Electric

New Stats:
ATK: 77 -> 107 (+30)
DEF
: 60 -> 90 (+30)
SPA
: 97 -> 107 (+10)
SPD
: 60 -> 90 (+30)
SPE
: 108 (-)

New Moves
: None for now

Desc: prio webs and then slower pivot + prio pivot if you wanna. electroweb in vgc ig. it also gets lunge/skitter smack and disable and light screen which are all fun and tasty moves to have go first. one turn of priority for disable against a scarfer is really all you need to force it out and make a bit of progress. in general, it works well as a lead and then continues to function throughout the game as a disruptive support capable of both revenging and supporting its allies.

galvantula is one of my favorite pokemon of all time and i feel like this concept gives it a very interesting and unique playstyle that plays into its identity as an electric/bug most commonly used as "very fast webs setter" as well as the flavor of an ambush predator which many kinds of spider are!

less viable ability applications: it also gets gastro acid which would probably not see use but hypothetically could be a niche? and it gets bounce which no way in hell would be viable but it does sound funny to have priority on the first half and then potentially underspeed the second half.

The ability name obviously refers to "moving quickly and suddenly", and "Jump Start" helps imply only on the first turn -- but it's also something you do to a stopped car with electrical wires, and a nod to jumping spiders as a concept. Shoutout to jumping spiders they're so fucking cute. Hey has anyone seen Joltik's ball fetch animation in SWSH camping???? if you haven't you owe it to yourself PLEASE go find it somewhere its genuinely one of the most blessed things in the game.
Mega Galvantula :galvantula:
Types: Bug/Electric
Ability: Swarm - At 1/3 or less of its max HP, this Pokemon's attacking stat is 1.5x with Bug attacks.
New Move(s): First Impression, U-Turn
ATK: 167(+90)
DEF: 100(+40)
SP.ATK: 67(-30)
SP.DEF: 60 (0)
SPEED: 108 (0)
1635159202856.png

Swarm?! Physical?! Why would you ever do that?! Well, you see, Galvantula has a very interesting combination of moves, that is kinda rare as of now. Recoil, Leech Life, while also being Bug type. Simple, right? The idea is indeed simple: using Wild Charge and Leech Life to manipulate your own HP, to make sure that you enjoy Swarm's boost, while still being at a safe HP range. U-turn and First Impression allow it to, maybe, even abuse hazards to also manipulate its HP, and deal powerful blows while doing so. It might be a little difficult to master, but playing it is surprisingly fun, if you ask me, having tested this kind of strat. Either way, check it out, and give your opponents no rest with a combo of Sticky Webs and powerful blows!
Galvantula-Mega
Typing:
/

New Ability: Fly Catcher = If any opposing ungrounded Pokémon on the field is KO’d while this Pokémon is on the field, this Pokémon heals 33% of its HP and cures itself of non-volatile status.
STATS
HP:
Atk: 077 → 108 (+31)
Def: 060 → 070 (+10)
SpA: 097 → 108 (+11)
SpD: 060 → 070 (+10)
Spe: 108 → 146 (+38)

New Moves: Knock Off, U-Turn, Zing Zap

Pokémon Sword: "Galvantula has become more aggressive, though it expresses this more through opportunism than through direct confrontation. To this end, it now delights in preying on fully grown flying Pokémon that have been wounded."
Pokémon Shield: "Its mandibles have increased not only in size like the rest of its body but also in power. It can now crush boulders between them, though it can also do considerable damage and emit significant voltage with mere brush of its agile legs."

Description: Here we get to the most convoluted of this set of three given that Regenerator is such a busted ability it's difficult to make an ability that's equivalent without either being broken or just overshadowed by it; gods, I wish that Game Freak would finally just cap the health gained back from that stupid ability to 25% of max HP, but I'm digressing. With Regenerator in mind and using AP5Fanboy's Victreebel-Mega entry from just last slate as inspiration, I eventually came to this...abomination with a bunch of restrictions due to its attempt to be fair unlike Soul Heart given this too would also activate upon indirect KOs. Hell, the last touch was adding that "opposing" restriction given that it finally occurred to me only in the last day of delay--the 25th--that it would otherwise activate in Doubles if an ungrounded teammate fainted, whether just due to an opponent's action or due to self-induced methods, e.g. Blandorus-Therian using Explosion while Galvantula-Mega uses Protect.

All that said I think that Fly Catcher is a fair ability as it is now, which is the most important thing. The secondmost important thing is that it's a rather aggressive ability that doesn't spiral out control like Soul Heart or even the other various Moxie-esque abilities do. It's fair because this needs to heal a lot to make up for Galvantula's weakness to Stealth Rock as well all other hazards combined with a Mega's inability to wear (four pairs of) Heavy-Duty Boots, and the added status healing was just so that it wouldn't be an inferior version of Regenerator as said above. Being aggressive, to the point of rewarding double-switching even in the case of sacrifice plays, also is in-line with Galvantula's usual uses while giving its Mega far more longevity, in theory, than the usual "suicide Webs" role its base form is used for so disposably.

To that end, the stat boosts were obvious enough. I figured Galvantula-Mega would inevitably end up still squishy without using something like Fur Coat, which I did actually consider initially before talking myself out of it; that ended up being for the best since I would have been too slow anyway given Gravity Monkey's submission for this slate. So I mostly focused on Speed and making its attacking stats even enough that they were both worth using. I knew I didn't want to focus on Special Attack anyway between not wanting yet another mon/Mega to get just get walled by Blissey and Chansey, even with access to STAB Volt Switch, and regular Galvantula technically being better at that anyway without heavy investment due to being able to use Compound Eyes for STAB Thunder as well as use Life Orb and other boosting items.

Finally, when it comes to the added moves, U-Turn seemed obvious if redundant, Zing Zap is to give a strong-ish physical Electric STAB that doesn't eat into its attempted longevity, and Knock Off, while obnoxious, deals efficiently with Boots that would ignore its Webs. Not that I think that this Galvantula-Mega should really be using Webs as one of its moves unlike its base form, in part to differ the two's uses, but I try not to stop people from theoretically doing something with my (questionable) designs unless I think I would end up making something unfun to play against (or with).
Mega Galvantula

Ability - Compound Eyes, Unnerve; Swarm ➝ Galvanize

HP
- 70 ➝ 60
Atk
- 77 ➝ 99 (+22)
Def - 60 ➝ 90 (+30)
SpA - 97 ➝ 109 (+12)
SpD - 60 ➝ 90 (+30)
Spe - 108 ➝ 114 (+6)
BST - 472 ➝ 572 (+100)

Movepool Changes - Boomburst
Competitive Corner - I know, I know, I know, but, like, this is... Checkable? The broken stupid STAB is probably gonna have one immunity to it in every team, and neither Bug Buzz nor Giga Drain are very strong otherwise. I know this thing also has Sticky Web, but I honestly don't think it's THAT broken. I think, it probably is. I dunno, I just wanted to do this!
Flavor Corner - "Stridulation is also known in a few tarantulas", stridulation being "the act of producing sound by rubbing together certain body parts. This behavior is mostly associated with insects, but other animals are known to do this as well, such as a number of species of fish, snakes and spiders". Yes I'm quoting Wikipedia, and yes, this is the reasoning, plus like, Galvanize Galvantula! That's all thanks for reading :)
:SWSH/galvantula:
Mega Galvantula
Ability:
Livewire
-If opponent rise its speed/tailwind, paralyze the opponent.
Stats:

Stats:
HP - 70
ATK - 77
DEF - 80 (+20)
SPA - 127 (+30)
SPD - 110 (+50)
SPE - 108
New Moves: Nasty Plot
Description:
+) Single:
-Spider sets up sticky web. Spinner will get paralyzed. Hits hard enough on most defogger.
+) Double:
-Punish tailwing in double. Being able to use electroweb as a speed control.
Since me and NANI?! both honed in on the same idea for Galvantula's ability, we decided to combine our ideas. So, okispokis and NANI?! proudly present:

:ss/Galvantula:
Galvantula-Mega
Bug/Electric
Ability
: Compound Eyes/Unnerve/Swarm-> Gigawatt Web (This Pokémon's Bug-type attacks apply the "Thunder Thread" volatile to the target)

The volatile bearer is sticky and conductive. When an Electric-type attack is used against a target that is sticky and conductive, its power is multiplied by 1.5, and the target is paralyzed but is no longer sticky and conductive.

When an Electric-type attack is used by an attacker that is conductive, the user takes recoil damage equal to 50% the HP lost by the target (rounded half up, but not less than 1 HP), and the user is paralyzed but is no longer sticky and conductive.
Stats
Atk: 92 (+15)
Def: 70 (+10)
SpA: 127 (+30)
SpD: 90 (+30)
Spe: 123 (+15)
New Moves: Taunt

Description
: With Galvantula's heavy use of electric webbing, we felt the flavor was there to create a fun little counterpart to Red Licorice while letting Galvantula retain powerful Electric STAB despite the loss of Compound Eyes Thunder. Webs plus offensive para allows Mega Galv to pull double duty on speed control, setting a fast battle tempo for its team, especially since it can activate its volatile while switching out; the second condition allows it to limit mons that commonly run Electric coverage like CM Clefable, Melmetal, Mega Regice and Blaziken. Mega Galv's Thunder Threads can also benefit defensive mons like Pex and Corv by incapacitating and chipping down some of their offensive answers. With dual STAB and Webs, Galv is free to run Energy Ball, Giga Drain or HP for Ground types seeking to block it, or Toxic or Taunt for extra utility on HO. Whether partnered with slower attackers or Electric weak glue mons, Mega Galvantula spins a web full of support options for its team while still packing a nasty shock in and of itself.

Quick announcements and reminders:

The Mega Spooky Cup 2: VGC Edition is coming up real soon! It'll start this Saturday at 17:00 GMT. Remember, if you want to participate make sure to send a paste of your team to BlueRay before that time!

Voting for this slate will end at sometime around midnight GMT on Sunday, November 7th. That's about 48 hours/2 days from this post!

After that, we will be taking a break of at least 1 week to catch our breaths and proceed with some much-needed improvements to our code, teambuilder, and general metagame balance! There have been ongoing discussions of revamping our speed tiers, so make sure to check out #balance-changes on our discord server to get in on those discussions if you're interested!

And finally, remember to vote for Slate 40!​

1. abismal
2. ARandomPerson
3.Vipotis
4. Rasdanation
5. jazzmat
6. Mossy Sandwich
7. inkbug
8. TGtz8920
1. DarkFairy
2. lydian
3. SimpyShrimp
4. ausma
5. Z-nogyroP
6. bekama
1. Gravity Monkey
2. abismal
3. okispokis & NANI?!
4. lydian
5. KeroseneZanchu & jazzmat
6. Vipotis

not me agonizing over the votes before they even started- there were so many good subs, thanks for such a great batch!

jazzmat
Simpyshrimp
LordThemberchaud (SV)
abismal
Ema Skye
StarFalcon555
Vipotis
stinky potato
okispokis
ARandomPerson
Mossy Sandwich
LordThemberchaud (SV)
Rasdanation
jazzmat
abismal
bekama
Z-nogyroP
NANI?!
DarkFairy
okispokis
Eeveegirl1380
LordThemberchaud (SV)
lydian (galvanize gang)
Regic Boat
okispokis and NANI?!
KeroseneZanchu and jazzmat
inkbug
Simpyshrimp
abismal
StarFalcon555
Gravity Monkey
The Damned

Alright!

:slowking-galar: (no bw sprite for this sad)
1. ARandomPerson (SV)
2. Mossy Sandwich
3. Jazzmat
4. Inkbug
5. TGtz8920
6. Abismal

:bw/Dusknoir:
1. Lydian
2. Blue & Paul
3. Ausma
4. ARandomPerson (SV)
5. KeroseneZanchu
6. ViZar
7. Bekama
8. Regic Boat

:bw/galvantula:
1. Vipotis
2. Superior Serperior
3. Abismal
4. Z-nogyroP
5. Kero & Jazz
6. Ausma
7. Inkbug
8. Starfalcon555
9. LordThemberchaud

Take Care and have fun in spooky cup!

My internet is potato cause I'm in vacation right now so I will hope this loads in time for voting end.

:Slowking-Galar:
  1. Jazzmat (my slowking idea was just this as well lmao.
  2. Vipotis
  3. Z-nogyrop
  4. Tgtz
  5. The damned
  6. Abismal
  7. Ausma
  8. A randomperson
  9. Mossy sandwich
  10. Starfalcon55
  1. Gekokeso & Delta (us)
  2. Dark Fairy
  3. Kerosenezanchu
  4. Vipotis
  5. Lydian
  6. Ry
  7. Okispokis
:Galvantula:
  1. Jazzmat/Kerosenezanchu
  2. Vipotis
  3. Abismal
  4. Bekama
  5. Simpyshrimp
  6. Ausma
  7. Gravity monkey

Might as well do this now given that I might forget over the weekend between already voting for Slate 40 and given all the annoying things going on in addition to the unfortunately now par for the course two-month takeover by Xmas--humbug. The Slowking-Galar votes were very difficult.

Have a good weekend and November everyone:

:slowking-galar: Slowking-Galar-Megas
01. Mossy Sandwich
02. abismal
03. depressed lion
04. Z-nogyroP
05. okispokis
06. Ema Skye
07. Vipotis
08. StarFalcon555
09. Rasdanation
10. jazzmat

:dusknoir: Dusknoir-Megas
01. lydian
02. ARandomPerson
03. ViZar
04. Gekokeso & Delta
05. SimpyShrimp
06. Regic Boat
07. DarkFairy
08. ausma
09. LordThemberchaud
10. bekama

:galvantula: Galvantula-Megas
01. inkbug
02. ausma
03. Z-nogyroP
04. The Damned [self-vote]
05. bekama
06. Superior Serperior
07. Regic Boat
08. okispokis & NANI?!
09. Gravity Monkey
10. SimpyShrimp

FiniteInfinity

Banned deucer.
:slowking-galar: The Witch Doctor

First place goes to abismal! Haze on entry has always been a much needed effect but has been held by the fact that simply being haze on entry would be entirely too strong. This iteration is an ingenious way of balancing the effect - not only is the trigger method not arbitrary to the effect, but it directly plays with how you interact with the kind of Pokemon you want to use it on. For example, a Swords Dance sweeper can completely ignore your Intimidate strategy to activate Nostrum. Scale Shot Garchomp can't ignore Sticky Webs due to its method of raising speed also lowering defense, but Dragon Dance users can overcome both Intimidate and Sticky Webs and become immune to your Nostrum attempts unless you've also taken Parting Shot. However, while I say 'ignore' in relation to *activating* Nostrum, simply having it on your team incentivizes the player to run these strategies more often, which better prepares them to slow down these setup sweepers and handle them properly even when they can't use Mega Galarian Slowking to negate them. It's a well designed concept, well done!

Second place to jazzmat - really putting the 'doctor' in 'witch doctor', huh? Jokes aside, the PP stall idea is one that's been done a lot, but this ironically seems like one of the least toxic, but most effective ways of going about it. Utilizing Galarian Slowking's signature move to wear down the Pokemon quickly with the help of its ability gives a much more offensive and fast-paced playstyle to the 'PP stall' idea and allows it to apply Pressure to the enemy rather than the grating borefest of simply trying to sit there and avoid dying until the enemy is forced to lose on their own.

:dusknoir: The Late Doctor

First place goes to KeroseneZanchu! I've always been a sucker for numbers and clean interactions, and the second you showed off Inner Fortitude + Curse, I was hooked. The way the two perfectly balance each other out is beautiful, and Pain Split gives it such a unique and interesting playstyle that completely sets it apart from Mega Mudsdale. Drain Punch also works great for this too, and I love how sometimes having weaker Drain Punches will actually be more beneficial, since a stronger one might put you above the 50% range for Inner Fortitude. Being able to control its health level like this (and needing to - one of the few instances where more isn't always better), as well as a set of uncommon tools, on top of being a very fast tank (which are few and far in between) makes this an incredibly unique Pokemon and will doubtless be fun to use and watch be used no matter how strong or weak it ends up being.

Second place goes to LordThemberchaud. While it's a simple submission, it's a solid one. Since Knock Off is by far the most common Dark type move, has a wide distribution that makes it more often than not run by Pokemon who don't have STAB on it, and by virtue of being used on a Mega Pokemon it won't have the power boost, Filter does a lot to let Dusknoir overcome and effectively ignore this weakness. It may seem like an ability to counter one move that doesn't even reward the Pokemon for doing so isn't very good, but Ghost is a stellar attacking type, especially with STAB, Poltergeist is a great attacking move, and this Dusknoir has more than enough bulk and offensive pressure to make good use of them. However, the Ghost type isn't often run simply because of how common and how strong Knock Off is (even non-STAB, an empowered, super effective Knock Off can do irreparable damage to a Ghost-type) and not having to fear that can make it shine extremely well, since it makes the actual Dark-type enemies easier to manage and it doesn't often have to worry about opposing Ghosts for the same reasons.

:galvantula: The... Which Doctor?

First place goes to KeroseneZanchu and jazzmat's group submission! This is just an amazing concept all around. The fact that Mega Galvantula has so many different unique ways to abuse its ability with physical sets, special sets, and VGC sets (with multiple viable options to take in every set) just makes this go from a neat sub to a perfect sub. It has the perfect set of tools to give itself fake bulk through hefty offensive debuffs, break through the enemy's walls with defensive debuffs, provide speed control for itself and its teammates, and more, without going over the line and becoming too oppressive. If nothing else, a sub that can make something like Leer a viable option is cool in my books, and it has my approval.

Second place goes to abismal. I've seen Inertia submitted a few times and am excited to see the day it finds the perfect mon to win on. Utilizing Sticky Webs and Electroweb is a very fun way to enable the ability - while many subs in the past focused on simply being The Flash, slowing your opponent down is also an incredibly effective way of making you faster relative to them. It's got good potential in both singles and doubles, and I'd be of a mind to ask you to add Parabolic Charge to your submission, which would have tremendously fun synergy (especially in doubles).

:slowking-galar: Mega Slowking (Galarian Form)
1) abismal
2) ARandomPerson
3) okispokis
4) Z-nogyroP
5) KeroseneZanchu
6) TGtz8920
7) Mossy Sandwich
8) inkbug
9) ausma
10) The Damned
11) depressed lion
12) Vipotis
13) jazzmat
14) bekama
15) stinky potato

:dusknoir: Mega Dusknoir
1) Gekokeso and I-Deepblue-I
2) Gravity Monkey
3) ausma
4) KeroseneZanchu
5) jazzmat
6) bekama
7) Rasdanation
8) BlueRay and Paulluxx
9) DarkFairy
10) EeveeGirl1380
11) Vipotis
12) NANI?!
13) StarFalcon555
14) abismal
15) ry4242
16) The Damned
17) okispokis
18) Regic Boat
19) ARandomPerson

:galvantula: Mega Galvantula
1) KeroseneZanchu and jazzmat
2) inkbug
3) StarFalcon555
4) Regic Boat
5) Gravity Monkey
6) Vipotis
7) The Damned
8) Z-nogyroP
9) abismal
10) ausma

ItzaDelta

formerly I-Deepblue-I
1636125143117.png
Mega-Galarian Slowking
1. abismal
2. Mossy Sandwich
3. jazzmat
4. inkbug
5. KeroseneZanchu
6. Vipotis
7. ARandomPerson
8. StarFalcon555

1636125265683.png
Mega-Dusknoir
1. BlueRay & Paul
2. Gekokeso & Delta
3. SimpyShrimp
4. ausma
5. okispokis
6. abismal
7. Bekama
8. lydian

1636125295030.png
::w::
1. ausma
2. inkbug
3. okispokis & NANI?!
4. SuperiorSerperior
5. abismal
6. Regic Boat
7. KeroseneZanchu & jazzmat
8. Vipotis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)