Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
My departure feels a bit incomplete, so I'd like to say goodbye, one last time

:victreebel:

Lastly, I would take this opportunity to give a proper sendoff to our long-time friend ViZar, who has recently chosen to step down from the competitive council and to leave the mod.
A lot of us have been reevaluating our roles in the mod recently, and it's very important that we respect his choice to act on that when he decided that his relationship to the mod was not healthy for him; we're all still figuring things out here.
That said, it has been amazing having him here and all of us hold him in extremely high regard, and we want to thank him for the time and effort he put into supporting us (and to make sure he knows he will always be warmly welcomed back if he wants it!).
He's still actively involved in other mods in the community, so this isn't a goodbye by any means, but it is important to me to make sure he knows we're grateful to him and how much respect we have for him; I'm really sorry that your choice to leave came at a time when I was inactive myself and that I didn't have the chance to say this sooner </3
First off, thanks for these kind words. It means a lot to me and I wanted to say that I'm really glad (honestly, can't describe how glad I am without going overboard) that I've met people like you and everyone else in the community. Also don't be sorry for not being active all the time. Things happen and sometimes you need to take care of them. If anything I should apologize for leaving in the span of an hour or two after announcing my departure.

Just wanna let you know that I'm doing well. Altho I won't lie, I really miss a discord server that is active in the morning or midday (guess my timezone sucks. I will keep watching this thread since I really like the creativity that is put in those submissions and speaking of which, feel free to do any changes for Sawsbuck if it needs a buff or a nerf (if that ever happens lol).

Lastly, I wanted to say that my departure won't be permanent and that I will return eventually, just not anytime soon. I will need some more time. Just remember, I don't hate anything about this mod or anyone in this mod, the mod didn't work out for me and I was increasingly getting unsatisfied with my role in it. There are some personal reasons too, but I'm working on them, so don't worry.

I think that covers it. Really, no bad blood. I still love you all and I'm really grateful that I was a part of this mod. Hopefully, I'm ready to return soon, cause I'm missing this mod, but time will tell.
Ciao Servus, have a nice day!

This is a really insensitive submission, and I would be lying if I said I could understand why you thought it would be okay. ._. Eating disorders are extremely serious for the people who suffer from them, and the way this makes fun of them and even makes a mechanical joke of the idea of being ashamed of them and is deeply uncomfortable. It should go without saying and be common sense that we would not allow an eating disorder-inspired Ability, and this one is particularly grave in its irreverence.
I am absolutely not going to allow this or anything resembling it, and I really hope that you think more carefully before posting something like this in the future.
I am really sorry for this! I did not think it through really. In my mind I was thinking of representing a real problem with a pokemon, and that ended up beeing insensitive. Now i'm feeling really dumb and stupid D: The one ashamed is me... At the end, Pokemons can represent real problems like polution and global warming, but this is just too much. It represents nothing. Instead, it was a disservice.

Thanks for the warning! I deleted the two subs, simply don't have enough time to come with something. Specially after this dumb af snorlax sub. And this sub does not worth a post here.

Internally questioning myself wth was I thinking. I mean, really? How did I not figure it out? Maybe I was working way too much and just lost my mind. So much that i needed to read again because i did not remember it.

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
So this is probably going to be more rushed than I wanted it to be, KeroseneZanchu and I have had this idea finalized for a few weeks now, but both he and I have been incredibly swamped in our day-to-day lives. But finally, we present our Mega Wailord
:Wailord:
Mega Wailord
Ability:
Uplifting
All Pokémon on the field are Ungrounded while Wailord is active
HP: 170
Atk: 110
Def: 65
SpA: 110
SpD: 65
Spe: 85

New Moves: Shore Up, Rapid Spin (both Distributed to Wailmer)

Uplifting competitively doesn’t seem to do much for Wailord, but combined with its other additions, and what it can actually do, it becomes quite cool.

Terrain

Making every Pokémon ungrounded removes most effects of terrain, but most importantly in the current metagame, allows Wailord to be the only Mon able to Toxic Tapu Fini while Misty terrain is up, it also allows it to hypothetically deal with Tapu Lele if it was unbanned, and Mega Dragalge is substantially weakened by it. But it is still weak to Grass and Electric giving some merit to future Pokémon with this ability having a different defensive profile.

Spikes

The best move in Pokémon, pretty much. Is entirely changed by this ability, spikes on both sides of the field are invalidated when Wailord is on the field not removing their impact but changing what they do, shielding your opponent from your spikes if you chose to build around them, but also a Spikes immune rapid spinner like Wailord can fit very well on some certain structures.

Wailord

Now to be clear, Wailords ability is pretty much just a facet to its competitive applications, it’s already good movepool, combined with the additions, and the ease of splashability(I broke rule 7 ;]) in Teambuilding as a Bulky Water, with spin, that’s immune to spikes, and can check Tapu fini while not being passive or slow. It adds lots of new avenues for Balanced and Bulky Offense teams in the builder, while providing so much for the next part of this.

Sand Teams

Sand has seen a recent high in M4A, with the loss of certain Pokémon Mega Flygon has been rising and rising, coming into its own as what I would call a top-tier threat, now not only is this Mega Wailord, one of the by far most consistent checks to Mega Flygon+Excadrill, it adds so much to standard Tyranitar sand in being that anti-sand measure and providing spin, and forcing scald burns and toxic on the Pokémon that complete the defensive cores. While also benefitting massively from the addition of Shore Up for recovery.

Flavorwise

It’s actually, quite cool how well this fits with Wailord, I mentioned how Wailord is inspired by a blimp, but we were also inspired by the song from Mary Poppins where laughing causes people to float. Kero suggested Shore Up because it has the most flavorful sense with Wailmer being based upon a Beach Ball. And Rapid spin is pretty self explanatory.

Last edited:

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
Once again a submission that will sadly be cut short due to irl hax(this feels so cringe to say oh my god lol). Hematemesis have the Swaglax, king of Mixed attackers lord of, pretty much everything.

:BW/Snorlax:
Typing: Normal
Ability: Burning Calories
A Pokémon with this ability is healed by 1/8 of its HP when it is afflicted with Burn. Other effects of Burn are still active.
Stats:
HP:
Atk: 160
Def: 70
SpD: 110
Spe: 30
New Moves: [crumbs, and empty chip bags line the floor. None]

Description: To the first glance this probably looks a bit weird, only small improvements to its stats, and it’s ability not nullifying what would be the most annoying part of Burn to deal with. But lots of its charm is in that same effect. A curse sweeper that can’t be stopped, but is forced to run special moves for coverage, a Belly drum sweeper that doesn’t run any attack investment, an actual scald switch-in. All things to explore with this ample pantry of a Pokémon.

:sm/Snorlax::sm/Swalot::sm/Wailord:

Hello, everyone!! It's time for submissions to close and for voting to begin!!
As always, I really appreciate everyone who took the time to respond to the feedback they were given!!
There are a couple of subs that were still excluded, so I will list those now, but most people are in the clear : D Thank you for your patience with me as always!!
:snorlax: Cratersmash and Ema Skye (no changes)
:wailord: XzvzX and MegaFlareon (no changes)
As is the usual policy, it's not too late to update your subs! If you need to make any changes to a vetoed sub before the voting phase closes, just let us know by DM or in the Discord, and I'll add it back right away; just as long as there are still people voting, you have time to win their votes C:
That said, please make sure to inform the right person of any updates to your subs!! We can't edit each other's compilation posts, so that means I'm the one to tell about any changes to Snorlax, inkbug is the one to tell about any changes to Swalot, and BlueRay is the one to tell about any changes to Wailord if you want them to be added to the compilations.
Thank you guys so much for your cooperation and your fantastic ideas! C:
Edit: one of the vetoed subs has been fixed! BlueRay will be adding it to Wailord shortly; just editing to remove it from my list!

Slate 42 Voting

Reminder on Voting Rules

For a reminder, Megas for All uses a variation on instant runoff voting, meaning that it uses a systematic process of elimination to find the submission that's supported by the most people. This system takes into account both the total number of people who voted for the submission at all and how those people ranked it in relation to any other submissions that have not been eliminated.

Your votes should consist of however many submissions you like.​
Including a submission in your post at all is "voting for it," but you can vote for as many (or as few) as you want! It doesn't have to be exactly three.​
Your votes should also be ranked from most preferred to least preferred, just like they were in the previous system.​

It's also now acceptable to self-vote in first!​
One of the benefits of the new system is that you get less extreme an advantage from this and there's not as much room for one individual to swing the results dramatically in their own favor, so we can afford to loosen up the rules in that area.​
That said, I would still ask you to include at least two other people in your vote if one of your votes is for yourself (this was already in the rules before).​

Please make sure you tell inkbug if you edit your vote! He generally adds them to his list as soon as they're posted, so edits may go unnoticed. You can contact him on his profile here or on the Discord. C:​

Accepted Submissions

:snorlax: Mega Snorlax

Mega Snorlax @ Snorlaxite

Type: Normal

Ability: Standard Surge
When a Pokémon with Standard Surge enters the battle, it creates Standard Terrain on the battlefield.

Standard Terrain: Multiplies the power of moves with no secondary effect by 1.3x and prevents any stat changes from occurring while the terrain is active.

Stat (changes):
160/120(+10)/105(+40)/100(+35)/115(+5)/40(+10)

New Moves: Corrosive Gas, Safeguard

I've had the idea for a "Standard Terrain" in my head for a while now, but I never really knew how to really implement it. I had a few ideas of it basically removing RNG from the game while it was active, mostly removing secondary effects or preventing stat changes, based on the fact that the Terrain is supposed to be "Standard" and make the game less RNG. Oh and I initially gave it to Snorlax for no reason other than the fact that other than Raticate it is the Gen 1 Normal type.

Ability: Admittedly this idea was really bad initially because the terrain didn't actually do anything important (removing secondary effects) but then I remembered VGC. Honestly I'm really happy how this turned out because Snorlax can actually serve a variety of purposes. In singles it can work as a somewhat support by preventing opposing setup mons from setting up, or being a really bulky Curselax..... once. In doubles MLax can also lock down opposing setters, butc an also support friendly setup mons by allowing them to set up and the Mega Evolving to lock in their stats and prevent them from losing the boosts. Also significantly helps out mons that have stat-dropping moves like Draco Meteor because those stat drops don't happen.
I chose to boost moves with no secondary effects by 1.3x instead of just Normal type moves because most Normal-type moves don't have Secondary effects already, as a support option for mons like Zacian-C, and as a way to balance Snorlax because a lot of Fighting type moves don't have secondary effects. The ability also unintentionally benefits physical attackers more than special because a lot of special moves have secondary effects, which also works for flavor since physical attacks are more "standard" than special ones.

Stats: I think a lot of people will initially how 2 thoughts when they first see the stats: "What the hell is that bulk???" and "What the hell is that Special Attack???" but I promise it is ok. I think the bulk is justified because, like I mentioned before, most Fighting type moves are boosted by the terrain, so they do 2.6x damage to MLax (if you see this i didnt put any calcs in to support my claims). The Special Attack is so high because I think a mixed (special) Snorlax would be very funny. Also MLax's most powerful special STAB move would be Terrain Pulse which is just perfect.

Moves: Corrosive Gas and Safeguard thankfully really only help Mega Snorlax, which was a big worry I had going in as I don't want to like, break Lax. Corrosive Gas I put on mostly as a gimmick move, since it probably won't ever really be used. Safeguard, however, could actually be incredibly useful. Since more physical moves than special moves don't have secondary effects, and since physical attackers use setup more often than special attackers (this definitely couldnt be true but i just feel that it is), I would assume that MLax would be paired with more physical attackers. Meaning burn would be a problem. And since you wouldn't be able to use something like Fini to prevent status, Safeguard is the next best thing. It wouldn't be on 100% of sets, but because of the rampant use of burn in Pokémon, Safeguard could be a good way to ensure your physical attackers can reliably do what they do best.

Final Words: Sooo yeah that's about it. I'm really really happy with this Mega Snorlax, much more than I thought I would be. Even though it's designed to fill a much different role than its base form, I think it still thematically and mechanically works as a Snorlax still. Thanks for reading, and feedback is always appreciated! <3
Mega Snorlax is an interesting one indeed, somehow trying to make this not absolutely wipe out the entire Pokespecies, while being viable; is definitely very hard to actually do: however, not everything is impossible. Here is my take on your lazy boy!

With the Special Bulk to rival even Blissey's, we probably shouldn't increase its already tremendous Special Defense; and to make it prone to physical Fighting Moves, we should only increase its defense by a very small amount, since we don't have much options. Increasing its terribly low speed would be futile due to its base 30 speed. The only options we have are increasing its Sp. Attack and Physical Attack, with a close Sp. Attack to Attack, it could allow Snorlax to run Special or Mixed sets.

Any new moves? Well we could potentially put a Special Attacking boosting move, but I fear that might go over the boundaries a bit, anyways after all this thinking; here is the final result.

Type: Normal / Psychic

Ability: Thick Fat

No New Moves

Stats
HP: 160
Attack: 130 (+20)
Defense: 75 (+10)
Sp. Attack: 125 (+60)
Sp. Defense: 110
Speed: 30
BST: 640

The random burst of energy from the Mega Stone is not normal for Snorlax, its head starts shaking, and soon transforms into a Psychic Type.
Mega Snorlax

:bw/snorlax:

/

Ability: Quick Feet

Attack: 120 (+10)
Defense: 65
SpAtk: 115 (+50)
SpDef: 110
Speed: 70 (+40)

New Moves: None!

Uh oh, here's another weird one!

Mega Evolution awakens a primordial, berserk aura in Snorlax, a la Z-Energy, bringing out a highly aggressive and wild being that was once dormant and lazy. What results is a mixed attacking menace that dips into Snorlax's absolutely bananas offensive movepool, consisting of coverage up the ass and really quirky setup options in Belly Drum and Work Up. Coverage like BoltBeam, Hydro Pump, Darkest Lariat, Focus Blast, Gunk Shot, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Fire Blast, and then random options like Seed Bomb and Shadow Ball are all incredibly potent in their own right, and are not only super augmented by the gigantic burst in SpAtk gain, but pair amazingly with its offensive typing. Plus, let's be fair, Snorlax's base stats don't really need a lot of help and this lets Snorlax take a more fun angle that plays to its wacky ass kit.

Now, let's talk about Quick Feet. Did you guys know that Sleep actually boosts Quick Feet? I just learned that, and boy is this one a doozy. Before we get to Sleep, though, let's talk about how status is a fairly important and common-place interaction with base Snorlax, especially if it opts for Belly Drum. It detests Burn and Paralysis, but notably... it packs STAB Facade which bypasses Burn and is instead heightened to hellish strength. Burn and Paralysis actually buff it, with Burn in particular really giving Work Up variants a gigantic buff with Facade and Focus Blast ripping through 90% of things. Quick Feet in particular is more interesting for this than Guts because it already would pack the strength it would naturally want, and Quick Feet instead lets it play more into a practical mixed wallbreaking role and actually incentivizes it to soak status. If it decides to play into a bulky Belly Drum/Work Up set and decides to use Rest, it can give itself a Speed boost and even viably use Snore, which is probably the most satisfying thing ever. Of course, RestTalk is also likely just as potent, and it has the natural STAB combo to really excel with just two attacks while letting it play to its natural bulk and defensive utility which is augmented by a stronger defensive typing. With Quick Feet, I was careful to make sure it wouldn't hit the important 130 threshold. Basically, with Quick Feet, Snorlax becomes a very weird, multi-faceted status absorber that plays to its amazing coverage, weird setup options, bulk, and typing that lets it play a completely different game as an offensive Pokemon compared to its base counterpart.
:Snorlax: Mega Snorlax
New Ability: Comatose
Type: Normal/Psychic
New stats:
Attack: 110
Defense: 100(+35)
Special Attack: 120(+55)
Special Defense: 120(+10)
Speed: 30
New moves: Calm Mind , Future Sight
Snorlax-Mega
Atk: 130 (+20)
Def: 85 (+20)
Sp. Atk: 115 (+50)
Sp. Def: 110
Spd: 40 (+10)
Ability: Loud Snorer
At the end of each turn, if this Pokemon is asleep, it uses Snore.
New Moves: None
Description: Mega Snorlax is meant to use Snore as a way to punish sleep moves and to do chip damage after using Rest. In addition, a CurseLax set can use Rest to chip down physical walls while also keeping it healthy.

Snorlax-Mega
Typing:
/
{Ground type added}
New Ability: Sap Sipper
{pre-Mega abilities were Immunity / Thick Fat / Gluttony (hidden ability)}

STATS:
HP:
Atk: 110 → 160 (+50)
Def: 065 → 080 (+15)
SpA: 065 → 095 (+30)
SpD: 110 → 125 (+15)
Spe: 030 → 020 (-10)
(BST: 515 → 615)

Added Moves: Bonemerang, Earth Power

Pokémon Sword: "It has reached the epitome of laziness. It no longer bothers to even stand to move and find food, somehow becoming capable of manipulating the earth beneath it to slowly roll itself along."
Pokémon Shield: "It moves and stands so little that small berry producing plants have begun to grow in the dirt and soil that covers so much of it. The berries are just even more incentive for it to not move."

Description: Despite disliking G-Max, Dynamax as a whole, and the vast majority of the designs for G-Max, Snorlax's G-Max is one of the few I like. So this was heavily inspired by that while trying not to make it too bulky. There's honestly not much else I want to say about it except that I also found it fitting that the original mon most famous for benefiting from putting itself to Sleep now basically eats Spore and especially beats up Amoonguss's obnoxious self (though it probably loses to Breloom at least, as it should--poor Breloom). Finally, I will note that I gave it Bonemerang before I checked to see what it got for Ground type moves and then saw that it, of all things, already gets High Horsepower, but I'm letting it keep Bonemerang just because the image is funny.
Mega Snorlax

Ability: Oblivious

New Stats:

Attack: 110 → 125 (+15)
Defense: 65 → 85 (+20)
Special Attack: 65 → 75 (+10)
Special Defense: 110 → 150 (+40)
Speed: 30 → 45 (+15)
BST: 540 → 640 (+100)

New moves:
Spite, Stealth Rock

Description:
1) Concept
Eat and sleep to your heart's content without worrying about enemies trying to provoke and distract you and steal your food, dear Snorlax!

The Pokédex makes it pretty clear that Snorlax is a carefree Pokémon. It can eat anything it wants without worrying about any negative side effects like you would normally do if you accidentally ate poisonous food, for instance. Hence the choice of abillity.

2) Competitive
This Snorlax is meant to reach its former glory from past generations and go beyond its role as an offensive tank.

Oblivious allows Mega Snorlax to pull off sets it couldn't do as effectively as before. With its great bulk, it can use Curse + Rest, no longer fearing Taunt anymore. If you want to get around Electric Terrain or Misty Surge, you could just run Steel Roller. Other sets you could pull off are:
- Block, Spite, and Rest to PP stall
- paralysis shuffle with Whirlwind + Body Slam, which synergizes well with hazards
- in VGC, being unaffected by Intimidate is pretty huge, making its Belly Drum / Curse set pretty potent. But base 45 Speed means there are more stuff able to check it in Trick Room, like Mega Reuniclus, Crabominable or Araquanid
:gs/snorlax:

mega snorlax

normal
stats
hp- 160
atk- 110(+20)>130
def- 65(+20)>85
spa- 65(+20)>85
spd- 110(+30)>140
spe- 30(+10)>40

ability: slumber party- when the user goes to sleep, the opposing pokemon gets the "drowsy" effect (in doubles, an opponent is chosen at random)
Snorlax, the poster child for the move rest, has to get around the limitation of being asleep somehow and while sleep talk works, forcing the opponent to switch or be put to sleep themselves allows snorlax to keep momentum, especially in the case that they don't switch since snorlax would wake up after 2 turns while its opponent might be asleep for 3
Okispokis + SimpyShrimp
proudly present:
:ss/Snorlax:
Snorlax-Mega
Normal
Ability: Thick Fat/Gluttony/Immunity-> Power Nap (If user is directly damaged while asleep, user receives +1 Atk; if a sleep turn is burnt without taking direct damage, user receives +1 SpA at end of turn).
Stats

Atk: 140 (+30)
Def: 75 (+10)
SpA: 95 (+30)
SpD: 130 (+20)
Spe: 40 (+10)

For this collab, we decided to look back at Snorlax's heyday and craft a playstyle that would remind all the Kanto and Johto mons who their true king is. While asleep, Snorlax's peaceful dreams allow it to calm its mind and boost its SpA; should its slumber be disturbed, however, Snorlax will be far less amiable, its physical Attack building in response to its growing unconscious anger. This mixed approach allows Snorlax to fully abuse its Gen 1 movepool, backing Normal STAB with options like EQ or Crunch/Darkest Lariat on the physical side while packing its choice of Thunderbolt, Ice Beam or Flamethrower on the special side; with its variety of coverage, Lax can even choose to forgo STAB entirely in favor of firing off more SE hits. You can pretty much mix and match your attacks depending on what your team needs, as you naturally having something for everyone even if it can't all fit on one set. Regardless of its attacks, Rest is a must for Snorlax, often paired alongside Sleep Talk to let it put in work while slumbering (though you can forgo it for certain matchups). Naturally, you aren't totally in control while asleep, and the stronger physical attackers can move you aside if you don't have/get the right move for them, but the variety of options Snorlax calls upon during its nostalgic nap means few mons are ever truly safe.
:snorlax:

Mega Snorlax
:sm/snorlax:
Type:

Ability
: Slumbering Giant ("This pokemon can use status moves while asleep.")(Credit to BitBitio for the ability!)

Stats:
Atk: 130 (+20)
Def: 80 (+15)
SpA: 100 (+25)
SpD: 130 (+20)
Spe: 50 (+20)

New Moves: none
Mega Snorlax only gains more energy upon mega evolving, but will never use it due to its sleeping habits. As a result, its somniloquy intensifies, and it begins heeding only to its own commands almost instinctively while asleep.
I was very intrigued by Bitbitio's Mega Snorlax though he never had the chance to submit it, so I wanted to submit it myself! He gave me permission to here we are. Snorlax wants to retain momentum after using Rest, and while RestTalk can be effective, its quite a roadblock in its strategy. This ability takes out the attacking portion of its sleep period, and makes it a utility based sleep period instead. The ability to use any status move while asleep lets it continue to stack Curse, and frees up a moveslot for something else like Amnesia. The only downside is if it isn't using sleep talk that is usually 2 whole turns its not attacking, and that is why I say it can be better for utility purposes. Yawn+Protect or Protect by itself would be the best way of abusing this, to stall out sleep turns and inflict sleep on other pokemon. You can easily buff a curse set with Encore if the opponent chooses to use that opportunity to setup against you, and either switch out or wait your turns accordingly.
:Snorlax: Mega Snorlax
New Ability
: Quick Draw

New stats:
HP: 160 -> 160
Attack: 110 -> 140 (+30)
Defense: 65 -> 65
Special Attack: 65 -> 105 (+40)
Special Defense: 110 -> 130 (+20)
Speed: 30 -> 40 (+10)
BST: 540 -> 640

New moves: None
Description: While Mega Snorlax is usually calm and lazy, it does get a surge of energy when there is delicious food nearby to allow it to move fast. Quick Draw allows Mega Snorlax to luck its way to victory, which can be dangerous especially when either Belly Drum or Curse is set up. Quick Draw also alleviates the Speed loss from Curse, though it doesn't matter much since Mega Snorlax is slow anyway. 105 Special Attack allows it to run a special coverage move, notably Ice Beam to KO Landorus-Therian and Flamethrower to bypass Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs. Keep in mind that it cannot hold Quick Claw so it cannot further increase its chances of moving first. Unincreased Defense stat also keeps it initially vulnerable from physical attacks to prevent it from being overpowered.
:Snorlax-gmax:
Mega Snorlax
New Ability
: Chonked Up
This pokemon takes 75% damage from physical attacks, but 125% from special attacks

New stats:
Attack: 110 -> 120 (+10)
Defense: 65 -> 115 (+50)
Special Attack: 65 -> 85(+20)
Special Defense: 110 -> 80 (-30)
Speed: 30 -> 50 (+20)
BST: 540 -> 640

New moves: Gyro Ball
Description: Snorlax becomes incredibly chunky physically, being able to tank a standard Mega Lopunny HJK with 22% remaining with 252 evs, but easily falling to a focus blast or something else special. Gyro ball because slow.
BTW, if this wins I think the Snorlaxite should be called the Chonkus Berry.
:snorlax: Mega Snorlax
Type
: Normal
Ability: Guts

Stats: 160 HP / 155 Atk (+45) / 70 Def (+5) / 70 SpAtk (+5) / 130 SpDef (+20) / 55 Spe (+25)

New moves: n/a.

Idea/flavor: Snorlax has a big gut, so Guts. Lax was the OG Rest-Talk-er, and now it can do it better than anyone while hitting even harder with the Guts boost.
Once again a submission that will sadly be cut short due to irl hax(this feels so cringe to say oh my god lol). Hematemesis have the Swaglax, king of Mixed attackers lord of, pretty much everything.

:BW/Snorlax:
Typing: Normal
Ability: Burning Calories
A Pokémon with this ability is healed by 1/8 of its HP when it is afflicted with Burn. Other effects of Burn are still active.
Stats:
HP:
Atk: 160
Def: 70
SpD: 110
Spe: 30
New Moves: [crumbs, and empty chip bags line the floor. None]

Description: To the first glance this probably looks a bit weird, only small improvements to its stats, and it’s ability not nullifying what would be the most annoying part of Burn to deal with. But lots of its charm is in that same effect. A curse sweeper that can’t be stopped, but is forced to run special moves for coverage, a Belly drum sweeper that doesn’t run any attack investment, an actual scald switch-in. All things to explore with this ample pantry of a Pokémon.
Please yell at me if I messed anything up or missed anything!! It's good to be back : D
Tagging inkbug now for his Swalot compilation!

Last edited:

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
:swalot: Swalot submission compilation :swalot:
No remaining vetoes this time! However, any subs that still have Recover/similar forms of reliable recovery such as Strength Sap on them will have the move omitted from the playable version, so do not take the presence (or lack thereof) of the moves into account during your vote!

:dp/swalot:
:swalot: Mega Swalot
New Ability
: Protean
Type: Poison

New stats: 100/103/103/103/103/55
HP: 100 (+0)
Attack: 73 --> 103 (+30)
Defense: 83 --> 103 (+20)
Special Attack: 73 --> 103 (+30)
Special Defense: 83 --> 103 (+20)
Speed: 55 (+0)
(BST) 467 --> 567

New moves: Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Vacuum Wave
Description: As proven by Kirby, you are what you eat. In this case, Swalot has eaten so many things that, in its mega form, its able to change its body composition and structure very easily, adapting to its opponents. Mega-Swalot uses Protean to make itself a strong mixed attacking threat thanks to its good coverage. It may seem best to just use Thunderbolt+Ice Beam at first, but Swalot's physical options, notably Earthquake and Gunk Shot can hit especially important targets such as Heatran, Slowking-Galar, Clefable and Tapu Fini (In the case of the fairies, Gunk Shot hits harder than Sludge Bomb due to higher base power and their lower physical defense). However, unlike other Protean users, its bulk is also very good and its pure Poison typing lets it switch-in easily against most opponents that lack Earthquake and its access to Recover means it can keep its defensive utility throughout a game. It's also slower than Greninja and Cinderace, meaning it can't adapt very well to fast opponents, though it can mess with slower pokemon such as Melmetal. It still gains access to Vacuum Wave though, giving it a very favorable matchup against the Dark types of the format, Weavile and Greninja, even if they catch it on a type they can hit super-effectively. Overall, Mega-Swalot is a good wallbreaker that also tends to have some nice defensive utility thanks to its Poison typing on switch-in, which allows it to check threats such as Calm Mind Clefable and Tapu Fini as well as Rillaboom. Its coverage allows it to threaten many defensive pokemon and its access to Vacuum Wave allows it to check/revenge-kill Weavile, Greninja and Kartana.
Swalot does not have as impressive stats, so we don't need to bother about making it too powerful to the measure that its unbalanced.

Type: Poison / Ice

Ability: Sheer Force

New Moves: Dragon Dance

Stats
HP: 100
Attack: 93 (+20)
Defense: 113 (+30)
Sp. Attack: 103 (+30)
Sp. Defense: 93 (+10)
Speed: 65 (+10)
BST: 567
:Swalot: Mega Swalot
New Ability: Endless Stomach (Stockpiles effect doesn't end after spit up or swallow, This pokemons defense can't be dropped below neutral by Spit up or Swallow)
New stats:
HP:100
Attack: 100(+27)
Defense: 90(+7)
Special Attack:110(+37)
Special Defense: 90(+7)
Speed: 77(+22)
New moves: Flamethrower, Thunderbolt

New Ability
: Smorgasbord - When this Pokemon lands a super-effective attack, it restores 20% of its HP.

New stats:
Attack: 100 (+27)
Defense: 100 (+17)
Special Attack: 100 (+27)
Special Defense: 100 (+17)
Speed: 67 (+12)

New moves: Thunderbolt, Rock Slide, Play Rough

Description: What strikes me as Swalot's defining factor separating it from other bulky mono-Poisons is its extensive movepool, especially in terms of offensive coverage. This, combined with Swalot's well-rounded stats outside of Speed, gives Swalot, in a vacuum, the niche of being a highly flexible mixed attacker who can tailor its moveset and EVs in a myriad of ways. This was my philosophy going into designing Mega-Lot - a well-rounded Poison-type who offsets its less-than stellar offensive type with an extensive pool of attacks to draw from. To encourage Swalot's identity of having many types at its disposal, while also both supporting its tanky nature and compensating for its lack of a recovery move, I designed Mega-Lot's ability to reward it for good use of its offensive toolkit with increased sustain.

For the additional moves, I chose Rock Slide and Play Rough to help Swalot fill out a potential purely physical set, alongside its existing Gunk Shot and EQ. On the special side, Thunderbolt is a nice upgrade from Swalot's already-learned Shock Wave. This choice of moves combined with Swalot's existing moveset is meant to give the option to run purely physical or special, but have obvious holes in coverage that can't be covered without going mixed: Swalot can hit Steel super-effectively with Earthquake on the physical side, but needs Shadow Ball and Ice Beam/Giga Drain to cover the Poison-effective Psychic and Ground types.
Mega-Swalot
Type: Poison/Dragon
Ability: Regenerator
Stats:
ATK: 73 -> 93 (+20)
DEF: 83 -> 103 (+10)
SPA: 73 -> 80 (+7)
SPD: 83 -> 123 (+40)
SPD: 55 -> 68 (+13)
New Moves: Taunt, Clear Smog, Toxic Spikes, Flamethrower
Mega-Swalot is a great abuser of Regenerator, with all around good defensive stats. Resisting both U-Turn and Volt Switch is a huge plus as a defensive pivot, giving it a big niche over Toxapex, Slowbro, and the like. As a poison type, it’s also immune to Toxic. The added Dragon type gives it a load of resistances, some notable ones being Water, Fire, and Electric. The bias towards Special Defense is to help it against some threats like Greninja, Heatran, Magnezone, the Tapus, and Volcarona. The physical bias is mainly because a lot of the mons it wants to hit are much more physically frail then specially. The four new moves it gets, Taunt, Toxic Spikes, Flamethrower, and Clear Smog, help it function in its role better. Taunt is to help stop status moves and defoggers like Corviknight, while Flamethrower is to help hit it. Toxic Spikes are good for poisoning Pokemon much more conveniently. Swalot also gets access to Ice Beam, letting it hit both Gliscor and Landorus-T, or running Flamethrower to hit Corviknight. It also gets Earthquake to hit Heatran.

Mega-Swalot even has the bulk to survive both defensive Lando-T’s and Gliscor’s Earthquake:
0 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Swalot: 290-344 (71.9 - 85.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Swalot: 204-240 (50.6 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Pretty comfortably, actually! And with full attack investment:
252 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Swalot: 348-410 (86.3 - 101.7%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Swalot: 258-306 (64 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
It’s a pretty favorable calc!
And as for the special attackers…
a whole lotta calcs 0 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Swalot: 136-162 (33.7 - 40.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 Atk Swalot Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 260-308 (67.3 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Swalot: 139-165 (34.4 - 40.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 Atk Swalot Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja: 168-198 (58.9 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Swalot: 105-124 (26 - 30.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0 Atk Swalot Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 218-258 (77.5 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Swalot: 88-105 (21.8 - 26%) -- 3.6% chance to 4HKO
0 Atk Swalot Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 278-330 (98.9 - 117.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Swalot: 102-120 (25.3 - 29.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0 Atk Swalot Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Magnezone: 240-284 (85.4 - 101%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
16 SpA Volcarona Psychic vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Swalot: 144-170 (35.7 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Volcarona Psychic vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Swalot: 170-200 (42.1 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 Atk Swalot Gunk Shot vs. 248 HP / 156 Def Volcarona: 141-166 (37.8 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 Atk Swalot Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Volcarona: 171-202 (54.9 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Swalot: 123-145 (30.5 - 35.9%) -- 48.8% chance to 3HKO
0 Atk Swalot Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 196+ Def Clefable: 228-270 (57.8 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery Yep, it handles them pretty dang well. And all of those calcs are only with max HP, and no defensive investment otherwise.
Swalot also gets access to Curse, Pain Split, Destiny Bond, Acid Armor+Amnesia, Encore, Yawn, and Explosion, letting run some pretty fun and gimmicky sets. You could try Acid Armor, Amnesia, Rest, and an attacking move for some really dumb shenanigians, or use utility like Encore and Yawn, which also gives it a niche in VGC.

Mega-Swalot functions as a Regenerator pivot, mainly focusing on taking special hits with both its type combo resisting prominent special attackers, but can also function as a really good physical wall. The physical bias allows it to be more effective against what it needs to check. Resisting both U-Turn and Volt Switch is a huge boon, and something that none of the main Regen mons in the meta right now can do. Regenerator makes up for its limited recovery options, while also balancing out the high bulk. Using Toxic and Toxic Spikes, Mega-Swalot can act as a Toxic spreader, especially because what wants to come in on it dislikes being toxic'd. It’s able to hit a lot of threats in the metagame right now with its coverage, having Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Earthquake, and Gunk Shot. Mega-Swalot can also act as a great utility mon, with Toxic Spikes, Clear Smog, Yawn, Encore, and more. It also has the opportunity for funny gimmick sets. And finally... DEEZ-

Swalot-Mega
Typing:
/
{Fairy type added}
New Ability: Glutton For Punishment = This Pokémon takes 3/4 damage from contact moves and uses Soak in response to contact moves.
{pre-Mega abilities were Liquid Ooze / Sticky Hold / Gluttony (hidden ability)}

STATS:
HP:
Atk: 073
Def: 083 → 125 (+42)
SpA: 073 → 122 (+49)
SpD: 083 → 087 (+04)
Spe: 055 → 060 (+05)
(BST: 467 → 567)

Added Moves: Calm Mind, Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, Mystical Fire, Soak

Pokémon Sword: "Somehow Swalot has intentionally diluted its poisonous secretions so that they are less immediately damaging to things it proceeds to still swallow whole. Scientists theorize this is done to improve their taste."
Pokémon Shield: "Mega Evolution has made its whiskers longer, as pink as its argyle patterning now is, and constantly wet. It uses them to touch and taste potential targets from afar while also softening them up with weak poison."

Description: I generally try not to min-max, but dear Arceus does Swalot need the help, especially given the amount of other strong Calm Mind mons that exist. While its STAB combination is rather meh attacking-wise, even with the addition of Mystical "this is on most Fairies for some reason" Fire, this Swalot-Mega is defensively quite good because of course it is. [/Fairy type is "balanced"] In addition to being unable to be Poisoned outside of Corrosion or using Draining Kiss on itself and then getting Poisoned, it's quite the good physical wall against moves not named "Earthquake", and especially enjoys switching into Knock Off and Fighting moves before likely Poisoning or at least scaring out the opposing mon in question. It's just a good physical wall mon that can also double as a special cleaner that conveniently beats the other pink blobs it's come to emulate as a Mega.
1643034760310.png

Swallot-Mega (Poison):swallot:
Ability : Flame body
Hp : 100
Atk : 103 (+30)
Def : 118 (+35)
SpA : 93 (+20)
SpD : 98 (+15)
Spe : 55

Move : Recover , Corrosif gas

Ability based on the acid body covering it, making anyone that touch it burn itself.
This mega is meant to be a physicall wall (hence the slightly higher increase in the physical side) able to sponge momentum move like u-turn or flip turn, the later being a weakness of usually fire type flame body user. It can also sponge Fighting type which are also often physical (Urshifu water for instance have to be carefull about doing anything as CC won't do much and Surging Strike/U-turn will risk a highly punishing burn)and therefore turn into a really great physical punisher. It is also an incredible rillaboom check as it can threaten it with a burn while not being punished by knock off like moltress is due do its rock neutrality. Other relavant mon that are checked by that Swallot are kartana, weavile (Band axel is barely a 2HKO and Weavile is very likely to be burned in the process, making it not a 2HKO at all), Scizor , Galar-dos ...

It also create interesting mindgame with some pokemon, for instance mon such as Landorus that can threathen it with EQ , but are also discouraged to U-turn in case of you staying and risking a burn.
mega swalot

poison/grass
stats
hp- 100
atk- 73
def- 83(+25)>108
spa- 73(+35)>118
spd- 83(+25)>108
spe- 55(+15)>70

ability: stomach acid- poison type moves heal the user by 50% of damage dealt

new moves: apple acid, leech seed
you may be thinking that I'm just stealing this idea from my mega Victreebel sub, but actually this came first! the main idea here is to use acid spray and apple acid to wear down opponents special defense while draining their hp with either sludge bomb or giga drain giving it a big advantage against bulky mons that aren't poison or steel. alternatively venoshock becomes a very powerful draining move after getting off a toxic or setting t spikes with another mon. while it isn't quite hard walled by steel and poison types it does have to either run mixed with eq or use the relatively weak hp ground to get around with (tho apple acid does help make up for its low bp)

:Swalot: Mega Swalot :Swalot:
Type:

Ability: Technical Difficulties - This pokemon takes 0.5x damage from moves with base 60 or less.
Stats:
HP - 100
Atk - 73 -> 93 (+20)
Def - 83 -> 103 (+20)
Spa - 73 -> 93 (+20)
Spd - 83 -> 113 (+30)
Spe - 55 -> 65 (+10)
New Moves: Pain Split, Dark Pulse, Crunch, Bite, Rapid Spin
Description: The blob! Swalot has a really cool design, but unfortunately sucks competitively due to a lack of recovery, and little distinguishing factors against other defensive poison types. With that in mind, I decided to create enough distinguishing factors to make Swalot viable in singles! We'll go over everything one by one.
Mega Swalot functions very well and was actually created as a counter to two challenging pokemon to take down at the moment: Weavile and Ash-Greninja , which is pretty cool! Swalot is not punished by knock off as much as other pokemon, due to the mega stone, and the steel typing is very friendly in terms of helping to resist dark pulse and knock off as well (Ash-Gren's hydro pump could potentially cause some problems). Additionally, rapid spin is a great deterrent for Greninja variants with spikes. However, the best part about Mega Swalot is its utter swallowing (pun intended) of triple axel and water shuriken. These rather challenging moves present little difficulty for Mega Swalot because of its chill AF ability, Technical Difficulties. Based loosely off of the ability technician, Technical Difficulties opts to create nullify some lower base power moves. This ability will make water shurikens feel like bubbles, triple axels feel like snow, and bullet punches feel like a walk in the park. Mega Swalot has relatively unique access to the poison/dark typing, and also has recover, giving it access to reliable recovery. It is rather strong in the defenses department, which makes it a great option for hazard removal, but it has little to do otherwise, and it cannot pivot.
I worked very hard on this idea, and also I got incredible improvement ideas from the discord, so I am shouting out ausma for the really cool suggestion of making this part dark, and pupugugu for fact checking me cause I thought steel resists water doyyy. I hope you enjoy, we have something in store for Snorlax as well >:).
:dp/swalot:
New Ability
: Sharp Striker (Mega Cinderace's Ability)
Type: Poison / Steel

New stats:
Attack: 113
Defense: 93
Special Attack: 113
Special Defense: 93
Speed: 55
(567 BST)

New moves: Gyro Ball, Flash Cannon, Focus Blast, Energy Ball
Description: WIP
:swsh/swalot:
:swalot: Mega-Swalot
Typing: Poison
Ability: Glutonny/Liquid Ooze/Sticky Hold --> Junk Processor (When one of this Pokemon's stats is lowered, it heals 20% of it's max HP for each stage the stat was lowered)
Stats:
Atk: 123(+50)
Def: 88(+5)
SpA: 113(+20)
SpD: 108(+25)
Spe: 55
New Moves: Cross Poison
Description: Curse sweeper that uses it's bulk, Toxic immunity and the healing Junk Processor provides for ease of sweeping. Also punishes Intimidate. Also this is playable in the Sandierbox!
:sm/Swalot:
Swalot-Mega
Poison
Gluttony/Liquid Ooze/Sticky Hold-> Digestive Acid (If the user's target has positive stat changes, user will remove changes after attacking and restore 1/8th max HP per one stage boost).
Stats
Atk: 88 (+15)
Def: 98 (+15)
SpA: 128 (+55)
SpD: 98 (+15)
Spe: 55
New Moves: +Corrosive Gas, Flamethrower, Strength Sap

Beware this blob, it creeps, and leaps and glides and slides across the floor in search of some delicious stat boosts to satiate its appetite. Swalot's ability to pressure sweepers and heal up should they fail to OHKO it thanks to Digestive Acid, backed by solid coverage in Ice Beam, Giga Drain and newfound Flamethrower allow it to target many common sweepers with perilous precision while also catching key threats on the switch; EQ can even be used to cheese Heatran and Glowking. But Swalot is not entirely reliant on its ability to stay healthy, as Strength Sap lets it slowly dissolve the physical attackers that try to brute force it if Swalot's preferred prey cannot be found, slowly draining their vitality as it swallows them whole. You'd better be a glutton for punishment, because Swalot is a glutton for you.
Swalot-Mega
Type: Poison/Normal
Ability: Neutralizing Acid
This Pokemon's Poison-type moves remove the typing of targeted Pokemon.
Stats:
Attack: 93 (+20)
Defense: 123 (+45)
Sp. Atk: 93 (+20)
Sp. Def: 88 (+5)
Speed: 65 (+15)

New moves: Corrosive Gas, Purify, Body Press, Toxic Spikes (side note: if Toxic Spikes turns out to be broken with this concept for Swalot-Mega, feel free to remove it)

F l a v o r
- Ruby

- HeartGold and SoulSilver

It's literally an acid blimp folks what else can I make it do but spew acid
Oh wait special enzymes... hold... hold...
...so what if those special enzymes... removed a Pokemon's typing... making them weakened and vulnerable to toxic?
...yeah fuck this another type-altering mega from shinx it is

Alright, all jokes aside...

Competitive Analysis
Behold, the metagame's first ever anti-tank tanky Pokemon. Oh wait Heatran exists. Well fuck you Heatran this is the first MEGA anti-tank tanky Pokemon.

The concept here is simple: Corrosive. Gas.
A move that previously had no viability in the metagame suddenly becomes one of the most scariest things under this buddy, being able to remove crucial recovery items from the likes of Ferrothorn, Tapu Fini, Corviknight and Mega Empoleon.

Yes, I just said Ferro Corv and Heatran, no, I am not drunk (I'm not even at the legal age for drinking lmao). See, the thing with Neutralizing Acid is that it also affects typing, which means that Steel-types and Poison-types are now also vulnerable to Poison. Yep, that's right: Your high and mighty defensive penguin titan can also take Toxic chip if you're not careful enough.

Swalot-Mega's ability gives it a huge anti-offense presence, providing it a guaranteed Toxic/item removal when it's settled onto the field. And just to laugh in your face, users can run Purify just to give them an escape option... at the cost of giving Swalot recovery.

And did I mention being typeless means affected Pokemon no longer get their STAB bonus? You're making one helluva mistake if you think this is just 'Corrosion with extra steps'.

Some miscellanuous stuff: stat distribution was made with the intentions of giving Swalot more bulk to tank Fighting-type moves (one type that defined the Poison-type's usage in the metagame), while also giving it the added benefit of having STAB on Body Slam (which you may as well consider its signature move, honestly) and Facade, as well as giving it a niche Shadow Ball/Poltergeist immunity.

---------------------

In my imagination, Swalot-Mega is the everyman. Stocky, innocent, blends in with the crowd, can be mean but also nice, I might be rambling too much so I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

But it's also one hell of a toolbox of fun.

Standard (Swalot)
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Corrosive Gas/Toxic Spikes
- Purify/Pain Split/Venom Drench
- Toxic
- Body Press/Sludge Bomb/Body Slam

This is your standard set: Use Gas or Spikes to force a Defogger onto the field/directly remove the target's item, then Toxic whatever comes in. Body Press for chip damage or to deal funny damage to Steel-types (if you haven't de-typed them already), or Sludge Bomb/Body Slam for STAB with an extra spicy chance of statusing the opponent. Purify is your main choice of recovery paired with Toxic/Toxic Spikes, though you could use Pain Split as a decent alternative.

If you're feeling saucy, however, and have a Wish passer/Rillaboom (side note: HIGHLY RECOMMEND RILLABOOM AS SWALOT-MEGA COVERS MOST OF ITS BIGGEST WEAKNESSES WHILE ALSO REMOVING ITS GROUND WEAKNESS AND ALSO GIVING IT LEFTOVERS KINDA), you could do something fun and run Venom Drench, essentially annihilating any Poisoned offensive Pokemon.

And message personally from me: run Purify on them just to make them rage even harder.

That's not all Swalot-Mega can do though:

TFW you troll (Swalot)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Curse
- Purify
- Facade

Yep. Status absorber Swalot. Doesn't have to fear Poison chip, run Curse to make yourself virtually unkillable, STAB Facade when statused + Curse boosts fucks with typeless Pokemon (there's obviously the downside of having to use Toxic Spikes before being able to hit Steel-types with this though).

Totally didn't make this just as broken as GSC Snorlax.

Cool. Cool. Cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool.

Oh and here's a hypothetical set for the VGC nerds have fun lads
TFW you troll (Swalot)
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic Spikes
- Corrosive Gas
- Purify
- Sludge Wave
Mega Swalot
:sm/swalot:
Type:

Ability: Caustic ("Using a poison-type move causes the targets defense and special defense to drop one stage each.")

Stats:
Atk: 113 (+40)
Def: 113 (+30)
SpA: 113 (+40)
SpD: 113 (+30)
Spe: 25 (-30)

New Moves: Purify, Corrosive Gas
Mega Swalots acid will dissolve anything it touches to nothing within minutes, even its own body. In order to prevent that from happening, it will expel its acid in a constant stream from its mouth.
Say hello to your new favorite Stall pokemon. Mega Swalot can basically tear apart anything it wants to, it constantly applies pressure with Toxic and Sludge Bomb by wearing down the opponents defenses, letting its much improved special attack wreak havoc. Acid Spray now becomes a -3 SpD move, meaning its going to force switches very nicely. One thing I want to make clear, is this sub has an extremely good synergy with one move.

Toxic. With toxic, this pokemon becomes 10x more problematic for any team. It will immediately drop the defenses of anything it touches, which Swalot can also take advantage of with Venoshock to hit even harder, or Venom Drench to apply an omnidebuff right off the bat, making it much bulkier and much stronger. Purify also lets it heal HP off of its ridiculous bulk and continue to apply stat drops. Even toxic absorbers like Gliscor don't want to feel the wrath of its Venom Drench or Ice Beam! It's even got item removal, which it can still use to spread its defense drops to the opposing team.

4MSS would be an issue with this pokemon, but not if you use it right. Always remember, you can still rely on Purify + Toxic spam to drop defenses, and then finish them off with Ice Beam or EQ. But be careful as pokemon like Tapu Fini no longer become threatened by this strategy.

Corrosive Gas is the easiest way to knock out two birds with one stone. You dont worry about immunities, you clear away items, drop defenses, and then punish the receiver with an attack. This is also one way to break down Steel and Poison type pokemon and increase the strength of your Hidden Power or Earthquake.

Swalot can also utilize Gastro Acid to disable fini's misty terrain, or Magmortar's Neutralizing Gas. Checkmate. Gastro Acid has more utility against Gliscor too as it negates Pheal, and this move is still useful as it again lowers the opponents defenses!

Swalot can also encourage its partners to come in and take advantage of the defense drops its inflicted by forcing pokemon out into a new target or using pursuit.

I won't go into much detail about VGC as I feel im not very keen on the metagame but Swalot uses a lot of spread moves like Sludge Wave, Corrosive Gas, Poison Gas and Venoshock, which can be really nasty to deal with.
Mega Swalot
Ability
: Swalowitzer
Type:
poison.gif

This Pokémon changes forme when it uses Stockpile successfully. It becomes Gulping Form with a Gulpin in its mouth if it has more than 1/2 of its max HP remaining, or Gorging Form with a Pinsir in its mouth if it has 1/2 or less of its max HP remaining. If M-Swalot gets hit in either forme, it spits the Gulpin or Pinsir at its attacker, even if it has no HP remaining. The projectiles have the following effects:
  • Gulpin - Deals damage equal to 1/4 of the target's max HP, rounded down, and badly poisons the target.
  • Pinsir - Deals damage equal to 1/4 of the target's max HP, rounded down. If this KOs the target, M-Swalot's Atk is raised by one stage.
This damage is blocked by Magic Guard but not by a substitute. M-Swalot will return to normal once it spits out a projectile or switches out.
Stats: 100 HP / 105 Atk (+32) / 120 Def (+37) / 73 SpA / 100 SpD (+17) / 69 Spe (+14) nice / 567 BST

New moves: Drain Punch, Sucker Punch, Swords Dance
Description: Remember that one anime episode where this guy hid a Pinsir inside his Swalot for a maneuver that should be completely illegal? Well now you can do that too with the power of a completely legal Mega Evolution!

Swalowitzer is basically Gulp Missile with a different name and a different activation method. Swalowitzer is a pretty big gimmick so I’m uncertain if this is actually good, but basically M-Swalot aims to cripple anything that touches it after it uses its favorite move Stockpile. Once its foe has been pelted by a poisonous Gulpin or a spiny Pinsir, M-Swalot can smack them with a hefty Gunk or with its colorful coverage options. M-Swalot’s Attack is low for a Mega, so it's reliant on SD or its ability in order to deal meaningful damage.

Drain Punch rolls coverage and semi-reliable recovery into one, Sucker is strong priority, and SD lets M-Swalot sweep/take advantage of the switches it can force with Swalowitzer.
:swalot:Mega Swalot
Type
: Poison/Dark
Ability: Strong Jaw

Stats: 100 HP / 133 Atk (+60) / 93 Def (+10) / 73 SpAtk / 113 SpDef (+30) / 55 Spe

Idea/flavor: Stomach Pokémon wants to eat so it has a strong jaw.

New moves: Crunch, Poison Fang, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang.
Mega Swalot

Ability: Provision

If the user is hit by a direct move, it will spout a liquid that will disable the item of the next Pokémon that will switch in on the attacker's side. Once that happens, the liquid will disappear.
- The effect of the liquid will activate before the effect of entry hazards.
- Disabling an item means the target cannot use it, like the Embargo effect, but it can use the item again if it switches out.

New Stats:

Attack: 73 → 83 (+10)
Defense: 83 → 113 (+30)
Special Attack: 73 → 88 (+15)
Special Defense: 83 → 103 (+20)
Speed: 55 → 80 (+25)
BST: 467 → 567 (+100)

New moves:
Body Press, Toxic Spikes, Leech Seed

Description:
1) Concept
According to the Pokédex, Swalot loves spouting a poisonous substance whenever it sees a prey. It's an attempt to digest the target. Against this background, we wanted to come up with a name for an ability that would mirror this aspect while also sound funny. Thanks to its new Mega form, Swalot will never run out of its special liquid with which it can turn the whole battlefield into a banquet. So, Mega Swalot can feast to its heart's content.

2) Competitive
Mega Swalot is supposed to disrupt the opponent's team by disabling items and forcing a lot of switches as a result. This benefits the use of hazards, notably Toxic Spikes.

Pivot moves are one of the most important moves in competitive as they can generate momentum and lock opponent into a vicious circle they cannot easily break out of it if unprepared. Since most of these moves deal damage, Mega Swalot can always punish opponents for relying too much on them. For instance, it can set-up Toxic Spikes to punish future Pokémon and play mindgames with the opponent as a result. After all, if they want to preserve some of their important Pokémon, they need to play carefully around the ability, otherwise, they might crumble to Mega Swalot's partners.

What's more, being able to prevent the effect of items can give you an advantage. Not only will your Pokémon receive less damage from items like Choice Specs or Choice Band, but they will also have an easier time to break defensive cores if items such as Leftovers, Eviolite or Heavy Duty Boots no longer work in specific situations. Bear in mind, though, that Mega stones or Z-Moves are not affected by the ability, just like how Embargo has no influence on them.

Leech Seed allows Mega Swalot to become more consistent throughout the game and forces the opponent to switch out their Pokémon.

Below, you will find all the Wailord submissions.

Mega Wailord
New Ability
: Baleen (This pokemon's contact moves deal 1.5x damage to targets that are 10x lighter than it.)
New Weight: 500 kgs
Type: Water/Steel

New stats: 170/130/70/90/70/70
HP: 170 (+0)
Attack: 90 --> 130 (+40)
Defense: 45 --> 70 (+25)
Special Attack: 90 (+0)
Special Defense: 45 --> 70 (+25)
Speed: 60 --> 70 (+10)
(BST) 500 --> 600

New moves: Nah
Description: The Baleen Whale is a whale that eats plankton. Yes, a titan of the ocean eats some of the smallest aquatic creatures. So I decided to base Mega-Wailord off of those. A weight of 500kgs with its ability allows it to deal massive damage to anything that weighs below 50kgs. This notably includes every good OU Fairy type, Clefable, Tapu Koko and Tapu Fini. Thanks to its new Steel typing, Heavy Slam OHKOs the first two with ease while always 2HKOing Tapu Fini, even with maximum defense investment. Any pokemon below 50kgs has to fear Mega-Wailord basically. This includes, but is not limited to Gliscor, Zeraora, Reuniclus, Amoonguss, Blissey, Mega-Mawile and even Toxapex which it can 2HKO with Zen Headbutt. Heavy Slam will also have 120 base power and deal good damage against anything below 100kgs such as Rillaboom, Garchomp or Kommo-o. Now, at this point, if you're afraid of Wailord, don't be. While it can easily smash anything in a low weight class, dealing with heavier opponents can be quite the issue for it. It has a lot of trouble breaking through walls such as Ferrothorn, Buzzwole, Tangrowth, Corviknight, Slowbro and even fully offensive Melmetal. It also generally has issues with Water types. While it can deal with Tapu Fini and Toxapex well, it tends to lack the coverage options to deal with other bulky Waters such as Rotom-Wash, Empoleon, Alomomola, Quagsire and the Slowtwins. It's also worth noting that Wailord has good defensive utility. Between 170/70/70 bulk and Water/Steel typing, it's able to take hits quite well, finding many switch-in opportunities and also making it difficult to force out of the field. Overall, Mega-Wailord is a strong bulky attacker that's good at hitting specific targets really hard, but also completely fails against others.
Mega Wailord

:bw/wailord:

/

Ability: Cloud Cycle - Any moves that deal over 1/2 of the opponent's current health will heal the user by half the damage dealt.

Attack: 95 (+5)
Defense: 45
SpAtk: 150 (+60)
SpDef: 75 (+30)
Speed: 65 (+5)

New Moves: Wring Out

Justification:

You guys hear dynamic Water Spout in the chat?

This is probably one of the weirder megas I've made, but the tl;dr is that I wanted to focus on what really defines Wailord as a Pokemon: Water Spout, and large, large moves. Let's not pretend that it's not, because whenever you've used Wailord, you've tried to make it work with Water Spout in some sense. Water Spout in of itself is one hell of an interesting move, and the name of its game is current HP. In order to really get the best value out of Water Spout, your user needs to be healthy. My thought process immediately went to a draining-esque ability for Water-moves, which I believe is something that could work, but where's the fun in just spamming Water Spout and Scald all the time?

This is when I rediscovered Wring Out, a move that has an exact opposite condition to Water Spout. Instead of being based on your HP, it's based on your opponent's. On paper, Wring Out and Water Spout appear incredibly anti-synergy since Water Spout's incredibly high BP actively weakens Wring Out, but with a high risk high reward draining ability that plays to Wring Out/Water Spout's intensely high BP, and Wring Out being able to let it come back against fatter structures it is naturally weakened against as it uses Water Spout, their synergy as a balance/fat busting combo becomes highly apparent. Much like Mega Virizion, it also actively discourages residual chip and encourages you to be deliberate with your opponent's HP thresholds and combo a high power Wring Out with Cloud Cycle's recovery into a highly powerful STAB Water Spout. If you are smart and position yourself just right, you can attain some monumental feats as a Water-type breaker, piercing past highly potent Water-type resists in Toxapex, Kommo-o, and potentially even Ferrothorn. This amount of SpAtk investment just barely lets it OHKO Toxapex with Stealth Rock -> Wring Out -> Water Spout. With Rain this is likely even more potent and there could even be an incentive to run this Wailord over Mega Swampert due to its Ghost- immunity and its ungodly Water Spout under Rain. I chose to dump a good amount into SpDef to play better into Wailord's natural resistances thanks to a unique Water/Normal typing, packing a Fire-, Water-, and Ice-type resistance and a Ghost-type immunity, which can let it find a wealth of safe switch-in opportunities, especially against bulkier structures.

The elephant in the room, though, is pretty obvious: it is a mediocre option against offense due to low-ish Speed, which was incredibly intentional as having it excel as a 2 or more for 1 breaker against every matchup would likely be very concerning. However, it still packs a nuclear Scald and has potent coverage options in Ice Beam and Hidden Power variants if it needs to more directly pierce past a specific kind of Water Spout resistance like Ferrothorn. I also really like how its Speed interacts with its mechanic design, making it so clicking Water Spout against more offensive Pokemon can be a very active risk, but also potentially encouraging the use of Wring Out instead to get to a point where you might be able to click Water Spout against something you're more willing to take a hit from.

Overall, hopefully this is a bit of a fun approach to the Water Spout user archetype that plays into Wailord's BIG flavor!!

Flavor:

Water / Flying was obvious for the big cloud flavor, but I wanted to give it a Normal-type to give its Wring Out STAB. Wring Out, flavorfully, plays to pressure in the ozone layer, squeezing the opponent from the inside out with its giant, tightening presence. Normal- could also in a way be tied to how clouds and the sky as a whole are conceivably plain and regular things we experience in everyday life. Though, maybe that's a stretch. Cloud Cycle sounds much nicer than condensation as an ability, but essentially the idea basically plays to how in a way, its attacks evaporate into damage, and the damage condescends back into health for Wailord. Sounds weird but I promise it makes sense in my head-
Mega-Wailord
Type: Water
Ability: Sap Sipper
Stats:
ATK: 115 (+25)
DEF: 60 (+15)
SPA: 115 (+25)
SPD: 60 (+15)
SPE: 80 (+30)
New Moves: Icicle Crash, Rapid Spin, Haze, Belly Drum, Hurricane
Description: Wailord is normally pretty unviable, because even with it's massive HP, it has pretty bad defenses and okay attacking stats that are sidelined with having a pretty trash moveset. Well, for our Mega-Wailord, we thought about a beach day!!! I mean, Wailord is literally based on a beach ball, and Sap Sipper is really just it sipping some juice out of those fancy drink things. Now, for the competitive side of things, Mega-Wailord gets acess to some pretty good support moves like Rapid Spin, Scald, and Haze, but it also has offensive potential with 80 base speed and 115 in both attacking stats, it can run a physical set with Sap Sipper being able to raise its attack and Belly Drum for funny shenanigians. On the special side, it has Water Spout, Scald, Ice Beam, and Hurricane to hit hard with. It's good bulk allows for it to be able to eat a lot of hits, too, especially wth only having one weakness. It checks mons like Kartana really well, due to it's immunity to Grass. All in all, Mega-Wailord is a pretty customizable mega, being able to run both supportive and offensive sets viably, while also having a nifty immunity to Grass.
1642952367827.png
Wailord-Mega
Typing:

/
{Flying type added}
New Ability: Sand Rush
{pre-Mega abilities were Water Veil / Oblivious / Pressure (hidden ability)}

STATS:
HP:
Atk: 090 → 125 (+35)
Def: 045 → 055 (+10)
SpA: 090 → 115 (+25)
SpD: 045 → 050 (+05)
Spe: 060 → 085 (+25)
(BST: 500 → 600)

Added Moves: Air Slash, Flip Turn, Hurricane, Rapid Spin, Sandstorm, Wish

Pokémon Sword: "The energy of Mega Evolution has allowed Wailord to fulfill its dream of being able to frolic on beaches again as it once did when a Wailmer. Its natural buoyancy bolstered, it can now swim through the air."
Pokémon Shield: "It tends towards playfulness despite its massive size. Unfortunately this does nothing to lessen its destructiveness, especially if it's playing on a beach, whipping up fierce sandstorms and waves."

Description: [Insert personal disclaiming here about not liking pivoting moves but being willing to use them as necessary evils on weaker mons.] Since Wailord also needs a lot of help, I decided to go in a very weird direction, beyond the arguably inevitable Flying addition, compared to my Snorlax-Mega's "Not Quite G-Max" and my Swalot-Mega's "A living stomach? I guess I'm stuck channeling Kirby since the 1980s version of The Blob is way too dark and horrific". So here we are with Sand Rush Wailord-Mega due to one single recurring Wailmer entry:

"On sunny days, it lands on beaches to bounce like a ball and play. It spouts water from its nose."

As a Sand Rush mon, due to its (new) typing it's in a very unique position of enjoying the Sand while also not sharing any weaknesses with any of the other mons that generally enjoy Sand outside of getting bodied by Freeze-Dry like how Garchomp does. Generally all the official Sand-enjoying mons are weak to Ground with a few exceptions, and all the good Sand Rush mons are either weak to Ground or incidentally banned to Ubers--R.I.P. Dracovish. Additionally, given both Lycanroc-Midday and Stoutland's Megas for this Pet Mod couldn't care less about Sand, I figure there's still room for a Sand Rush Mega, so weird flavor aside, here we are. I tried to focus on making this Wailord-Mega reasonable as an attacker, which is part of why its Special Attack is lower since super speed Water Spouts seem really unfun even without Choice Specs (or Rain) backing them up. The lack of good (and accurate) Flying attacks that actually fit Wailord's continued lack of birdness helped here, so it will probably have to go mixed to really clean up teams that aren't already weakened. Otherwise it's a fine support mon even if you don't want to go that route due to Wish, Flip Turn, Sandstorm, and Darkest Lariat memes Rapid Spin even if trying to picture it using Flip Turn just brings up that meme of a train "multi-track drifting" before it flips over multiple times and kills everyone both onboard and in the general area. I should totally give it Explosion.
mega wailord
water/flying
stats
hp- 170
atk- 90(+50)>140
def- 45(+20)>65
spa- 90
spd- 45(+20)>65
spe- 60(+10)>70

ability: breacher- two turn moves have their effectiveness multiplied by 1.5x and hit through protect

new moves: dig, skull bash, meteor beam, fly, wish
Wailord doesn't have much to differentiate itself from other bulky waters, so i designed it's ability to allow it to fire off powerful dives and flys that can't be blocked by protect as well as wish pass for 3/4 of its high hp. admittedly using 2 turn attacks is probably going to still be niche, but its insanely powerful wish sets will guaranteed be useful
:Wailord: Mega-Wailord :Wailord:
Type:

Ability:
Stall
Stats:
Hp:
Atk: - 90
Def: - 45 -> 55 (+10)
Spa: - 90 -> 170 (+80)
Spd: - 45 -> 55 (+10)
Spe: - 60
New Moves: Flip Turn
Description: For this sub, I attempted to make a joke sub that also has some competitive intrigue XP! Mega Wailord is a big strong boy. If he manages to get a strong water spout out, the 170 base special attack on the 150 base power stab move shreds even the strongest pokemon (252+ SpA Wailord Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 351-414 (49.1 - 57.9%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO). However, stall forces it to move last every turn, it has no way to heal, no way to pivot, and very little team support to offer to a pokemon. Additionally, it cannot hold an item to bolster itself, and its movepool leaves much to be desired. Nonetheless, in the right circumstances, this thing is absolutely ridiculous. I hope you enjoy! WHAAAALE chants if you do!
Edit: added flip turn at @Gekokeso’s cool request!
:swsh/Wailord:
:Wailord: Mega-Wailord
Typing: Water
Ability: Oblivious/Pressure/Water Veil --> Heavy Landing (On switch-in, deals 12% damage to every Pokemon on the field including the user)
Stats:
Atk: 120(+30)
Def: 65(+20)
SpA: 120(+30)
SpD: 65(+20)
Spe: 60
New Moves: Flip Turn, Rapid Spin
Description: Funny pivot with pretty good bulk and decent offenses, as well as utility in Rapid Spin.
Wailord-Mega
Water/Flying
Oblivious/Water Veil/Pressure-> Deepsea Cyclone (User summons Typhoon for 5 turns).
Typhoon: While weather is active, hazards and screens cannot be set and grounded Pokemon lose 1/16th max HP at the end of each turn; the move Weather Ball is Flying type.
Stats
Atk: 125 (+35)
Def: 55 (+10)
SpA: 125 (+35)
SpD: 55 (+10)
Spe: 70 (+10)
New Moves:
+Fly, Slack Off

With Raquaza failing to provide us with a proper Flying type weather, the true Lord of the Skies arises from the deep, bringing with it the fierce Deepsea Cyclone, accompanied by new Flying type since WaiLord is famously less dense than air. In keeping with the common properties of the Flying type, Typhoon is a more defensive weather in line with Sandstorm (also appropriate since our first completely custom weather was offensive), blowing so hard that any hazards or screens that the opponents try to set up in the weather will simply be blown away, allowing WaiLord to blank many hazard setters and potentially mess up HO. Slack Off gives this behemoth the recovery needed to come in repeatedly (especially since it allowed itself a Rocks weakness) and is imposing with its massive HP, hence the minimal buffs to defenses. WaiLord is also no slouch offensively, however, as even uninvested hits land hard off its twin 125 attacking stats, with new STAB Weather Ball cleaving through the likes of Gapdos, Volcarona and Urshifu, and options like EQ for Steels and incoming Koko, Ice Beam for Zapdos, and Iron Head/Heavy Slam for a certain fox (whose Freeze-Dry you can survive with heavy SpD investment); or you can be lame and use Toxic. The turnly damage from Typhoon further enhances WaiLord's breaking abilities, making it fearsome even without much offensive investment, while blocking hazards or screens from going up provides it plenty of utility alongside Scald burns and even potential Clear Smog. This Mega's power, bulk and utility are here to remind all the grounded peasants why this thing is a Lord.
Mega Wailord
:sm/wailord:
Type:

Ability
: Gulp Missile ("If this pokemon is hit by a move after using Surf/Dive, the attacker loses 1/4 HP and -1 defense or this pokemon uses Wish.")

Stats:
Atk: 130 (+40)
Def: 70 (+25)
SpA: 100 (+10)
SpD: 70 (+25)
Spe: 60

New Moves: Spikes, Stockpile, Swallow, Spit-up
Mega Wailord form a symbiotic relationship with many pokemon of the sea due to its enormous size and length. Wishiwashi will linger around wailord for protection, serving as its ammunition for its attacks, and using their restorative powers to tend to its wounds.
Wailord's pokedex entries talk about it being capable of swallowing a whole school of Wishiwashi, so what if it used those Wishiwashi in battle? Wish and Dive are incredibly synergistic as hiding away on the turn you're going to restore your health is huge. If wailord dies when it is supposed to use Wish, its replacement will receive wish off of 170 HP which basically brings whatever comes in up to full.

I gave wailord a bunch of attack to incentivize using Dive over Scald or any other move. It wants to use Dive to abuse the defense drops that come with Gulp Missile. Wailord can also use Block to force the opponent into hitting it over and over again so it can wear them down with Defense drops from Dive and extra chip from Gulp Missile It can run its physical coverage like Earthquake against electric types or toxapex and its got bulk for a Curse set. The thing is, Mega Wailord doesn't necessarily want to rely on recovery. It's very good for chip and stalling out the opposition. If you've played Evolution Project, you might know a familiar strategy that makes this pokemon scary. Stockpile, 170 health, pre-oblivious to prevent taunt, and if its barely chipped low enough Wish can activate and still put in work. For a set like that you might want Surf for the easiest accessibility for the 1/4th damage it'll always spit out.

I gave Wailord spikes because I felt it would go hand and hand with its ability. Even when the opponent switches hoping to avoid a defense drop, they'll now take extra damage from the hazards it will set up. Of course, you could also run hazards on other pokemon too. And hopefully, all of these new moves gives base wailord some tools to use too.

As for flavor, I think spikes can be justified by barnacles, which attach to whales and usually in numerous amounts. It could be flinging the barnacles off of it onto the field. A potential candidate for this is well.. binacle! Is it not a barnacle pokemon? Maybe the binacle who haven't found a suitable rock to live in yet can attatch to wailord and are taken on its journeys.

but anyway I think that my mega wailord is an effective user of Gulp Missile, as well as the synergetic use of Wish/Dive, as it also can use hazards to punish switch-ins and block to punish stay-ins alike.
:bw/wailord:
Mega Wailord
Type: Water/Flying
Ability: Aerilate
New Weight: 45 kgs

Stats:
Hp: 170 (+0)
Atk: 110 (+20)
Def: 70 (+25)
SpA: 125 (+35)
SpD: 55 (+10)
Speed: 70 (+10)

New moves: Wide Guard, Slack Off

"Local whale started flying after mega evolving and now it won't stop screaming at its opponents"
Thanks to the power of mega evolution, Wailord becomes... A giant balloon?
So, remember Pokémon Battle Revolution and how Wailord was a flying giant on your screen? Although it wasn't meant to be actually flying, it was just amazing to see, and since wailord is based on pool floaties, why not just make It a balloon and make it an actual flying giant?
Slow breaker which is also able to exercise some defensive utility thanks to Roost and the Water/Flying type which allows it to check Heatran, Urshifu-R, and Volcarona, it can run both physical or special oriented sets, physical variants will hit harder with their flying stab, as Aerilate boosted Double-Edge has a much higher bp than Hyper Voice, but it comes with the price of constantly dealing with recoil, Rocky Helmet chip, and not being able to burn mons that could try to check you with Scald, it has potential in VGC if run along with Tailwind support since Hyper Voice can hit annoying grass types able to resist Water Spout.

:wailord:Wailord-Mega
New Ability: Gravitas On switch-in, this Pokémon summons Gravity.
Type:

Stats: 170 / 120 (+30) / 55 (+10) / 120 (+30) / 55 (+10) / 80 (+20) (BST: 600)
New Moves: Earth Power
Description: Did you know Wailord learns Earthquake? This submission was inspired by this discovery. Water/Ground is a known great typing for its defensive prowess, but we rarely discuss its really strong offensive abilities. Thanks to Gravitas, Wailord gets access to powerful perfect-accuracy moves such as Hydro Pump and Blizzard while gaining access to a very spammable STAB Earth Power. 80 Spe is enough to creep any variant of Heatran with enough investment, making it a pretty reliable check to non-Toxic variants. It's still held back by poor offenses for a mega as well as a fairly awkward speed tier outside of that, though.
Btw, Gekokeso made me realize that gravity also shuts down HJK! This makes this mon the hardest Raichu-mega counter up to date, being able to block both its STABs as well as its pivoting options. Big thanks for pointing all of that out!
:wailord: Mega Wailord
Type
: Water
Ability: Huge Power

Stats: 170 HP / 110 Atk (+20) / 65 Def (+20) / 115 SpAtk (+25) / 75 SpDef (+30) / 65 Spe (+5)

Dex: Wailord grows bigger than ever! The water spouting from its blowhole looks curiously like bunny ears...

Idea/flavor: Wailord is the huge-est Pokémon out there, so it gets Huge Power. This iteration of M-Wailord hits like a truck. I know Huge Power seems to be reserved for rabbit Pokémon due to the wordplay of the Japanese name for the ability (ちからもち), so Wailord's water spout looks like bunny ears visually with its mega form. . . Yeah, that works... And hey, Azurill and Marill are more like mice, so there! With 115 SpAtk, it can also mix it up with some special and mixed sets.

Tuning: This M-Wailord is strong enough to do heavy damage and take some hits. Though, physical walls can take its attacks well, even after one Curse boost. Additionally, it can be easily outsped and KO'd by strong breakers and sweepers (i.e. Specs Magnezone almost always KO's offensive variants with Volt Switch, while tankier varients of M-Wailord don't dish out as much damage to respond even though they can live a hit). This, in tandem with its lack of reliable recovery, makes my M-Wailord balanced enough, but still a formidable mega imo.

New moves: Aqua Jet.
Mega Wailord
Ability:
Uplifting
All Pokémon on the field are Ungrounded while Wailord is active
Atk: 110
Def: 65
SpD: 65
Spe: 85

New Moves: Shore Up, Rapid Spin (both Distributed to Wailmer)

Uplifting competitively doesn’t seem to do much for Wailord, but combined with its other additions, and what it can actually do, it becomes quite cool.

Terrain

Making every Pokémon ungrounded removes most effects of terrain, but most importantly in the current metagame, allows Wailord to be the only Mon able to Toxic Tapu Fini while Misty terrain is up, it also allows it to hypothetically deal with Tapu Lele if it was unbanned, and Mega Dragalge is substantially weakened by it. But it is still weak to Grass and Electric giving some merit to future Pokémon with this ability having a different defensive profile.

Spikes

The best move in Pokémon, pretty much. Is entirely changed by this ability, spikes on both sides of the field are invalidated when Wailord is on the field not removing their impact but changing what they do, shielding your opponent from your spikes if you chose to build around them, but also a Spikes immune rapid spinner like Wailord can fit very well on some certain structures.

Wailord

Now to be clear, Wailords ability is pretty much just a facet to its competitive applications, it’s already good movepool, combined with the additions, and the ease of splashability(I broke rule 7 ;]) in Teambuilding as a Bulky Water, with spin, that’s immune to spikes, and can check Tapu fini while not being passive or slow. It adds lots of new avenues for Balanced and Bulky Offense teams in the builder, while providing so much for the next part of this.

Sand Teams

Sand has seen a recent high in M4A, with the loss of certain Pokémon Mega Flygon has been rising and rising, coming into its own as what I would call a top-tier threat, now not only is this Mega Wailord, one of the by far most consistent checks to Mega Flygon+Excadrill, it adds so much to standard Tyranitar sand in being that anti-sand measure and providing spin, and forcing scald burns and toxic on the Pokémon that complete the defensive cores. While also benefitting massively from the addition of Shore Up for recovery.

Flavorwise

It’s actually, quite cool how well this fits with Wailord, I mentioned how Wailord is inspired by a blimp, but we were also inspired by the song from Mary Poppins where laughing causes people to float. Kero suggested Shore Up because it has the most flavorful sense with Wailmer being based upon a Beach Ball. And Rapid spin is pretty self explanatory.
Revamped these due to feedback.

02-02-22b.png

Mega Wailord
Ability:
Belly Flop
Type:
water.gif

On switch-in, this Pokémon sets up Water Sport. For 5 turns, all Fire-type attacks used by any active Pokémon have their power multiplied by 0.33. Fails if this effect is already active.

(The message “<name> made a huge splash!” is displayed when this Pokemon is switched-in.)
Stats: 170 HP / 97 Atk (+7) / 35 Def (-10) / 145 SpA (+55) / 45 SpD / 108 Spe (+48) / 600 BST

New moves: Flip Turn, Hurricane
Description: It's Sea World! I originally gave this some busted ability that provided immunity to hazards, hazard removal, and priority to Water attacks, but uh it was very stupid now that I look back on it so here's this take.

I really wanted to preserve the flavor of the original ability in some fashion, and after mulling over it, I decided to just. Make it Water Sport lol. While severely weakening Fire-type attacks can be helpful if M-Wailord's allies are weak to Fire, the effect also extends to M-Wailord's team, meaning Fire-type Pokémon will hate being on the same team as M-Wailord. Not to mention that auto-Water Sport is completely outclassed by Drizzle.

So if the ability isn't that great, what does this M-Wailord do? It uh, it clicks Water Spout. And sometimes Hurricane. It's a fast, frail, wallbreaker carried entirely by its offensive stats and a powerful STAB attack. Not a lot of people are gonna jive with that, but I figured something simple should suffice after my original overtuned mess.

Thanks to EeveeGirl1380 naming the ability!

Voting for slate 42 is planned to end in about 48 hours (two days), and we will take a short break of a few days after deciding the winners!
For various reasons, there is not currently a poll for slate 43 - we will let you know when we have worked out the details of that!​

Last edited:
okispokis and Simpyshrimp
jazzmat
abismal
BlueRay and DrPumpkinz
ausma
The Damned
hassayim
LordThemberchaud
Paulluxx and Hematemasis
ry4242
Exploziff
Mossy Sandwich
abismal
shinxthe17!
Burgundy
Eeveegirl1380
Magmajudis
Eeveegirl1380 and LordThemberchaud
Hematemasis (WHAAAALE)
jazzmat
Magmajudis
ausma
Paulluxx and KeroseneZanchu
okispokis
Gravity Monkey
Sticky Fingaaa

It's asleep - so it can't feel pain, and if it can't feel pain, it can't do anything back if you hurt it. All correct, right ... right?
1. BlueRay & DrPumpkinz
2. Lordthemberchaud
3. Ausma
4. ry4242
5. jazzmat
6. okispokis + SimpyShrimp
7. abismal
8. Paulluxx + Hematemesis

:swalot:
There's a reason nobody laughs at the comedy surrounding him.
1. Magmajudis
2. The Damned
3. shinxthe17!
4. Mossy Sandwich
5. Hematemesis
6. okispokis
7. Burgundy
8. EeveeGirl
9. jazzmat
10. bekama
11. Bloopyghost
12. BlueRay & Paulluxx

:wailord:
We ran out of words to write here. It's just that large.
1. Bloopyghost
2. okispokis
3. Ausma
4. jazzmat
5. Paul + Kero
6. Magmajudis
7. Eeveegirl + LordThemberchaud
8. Gravity Monkey
9. abismal

:Snorlax:
  1. Abismal
  2. Okispokis/Simpyshrimp
  3. Blueray/[REDACTED]
  4. Lordthemberchaud
  5. Jazzmat
  6. Ausma
  7. Hassayaim
:Swalot:
  1. Mossy Sandwich
  2. shinxthe17!
  3. Abismal
  4. Bekama
  5. Exploziff
  6. Hematemesis
  7. Bloopyghost
  1. Abismal
  2. Gravity monkey
  3. Bloopyghost
  4. Magmajudis
  5. Eeveegirl/Lordthemberchaud
  6. Bolivia
  7. Jazzmat
  8. Ausma

Last edited:
Alright, so here's my pitch:

1) ausma - i simply think its funny and i love it
2) The Damned - Normal/Ground is a unique typing and I can see this working out
3) okispokis + SimpyShrimp - gsc snorlax scares me but then again so did magearna
4) BlueRay + DrPumpkinz
5) ry4242
6) Bolivia + Paul

:swalot: - overall my favourite batch of subs this slate
1) shinxthe17! - y'all we don't have a normal/poison yet let's change that i like the versality of this fella a lot
2) Exploziff - works in a similar way as my submission, flame body non-fire types are also quite rare so this is unique
3) Mossy Sandwich - k i r b o
4) okispokis
5) The Damned
6) Bolivia
7) EeveeGirl1380
8) abismal
9) Burgundy
10) PaulBlue

:skitty:
1) KeroPaul - THEY'VE STRUCK AGAIN
2) Bloopyghost - cool art
3) abismal - i never thought i'd see the day where someone suggested wailord become a machine gun, but here we are
4) Eeveegirl + Themberchaud - ...interesting concept art
5) Gravity Monkey
6) ausma
7) Mossy Sandwich

Bloopyghost

guging
is a Pre-Contributor
  1. jazzmat
  2. okispokis and SimpyShrimp
  3. ausma
  4. BlueRay and DrPumpkinz
  5. abismal
  6. LordThemberchaud
  7. Paulluxx and Hematemesis
  1. Burgundy
  2. abismal
  3. BlueRay & Paulluxx
  4. Mossy Sandwich
  5. shinxthe17!
  6. bekama
  7. okispokis
  8. Bloopyghost (SV)
  1. Ausma
  2. Gravity Monkey
  3. Paulluxx & KeroseneZanchu
  4. abismal
  5. EeveeGirl1380 & LordThemberchaud
  6. Sticky Fingaaa
  7. Hematemesis
  8. Bloopyghost (SV)

1. ry4242
2. abismal
3. ausma
4. BlueRay & DrPumpkinz
1. abismal
2. Mossy Sandwich
3. Gravity Monkey
4. Bloopyghost
5. Paulluxx & KeroseneZanchu
1. The Damned
2. BlueRay & Paulluxx
3. Mossy Sandwich
4. EeeveeGirl1380
5. Exploziff
6. Hematemesis

Good luck in your endeavors, ViZar. See you when we* see you.

Let's see if I can actually get these votes in before Overheat: The Laptop(: The Experience) crashes at least the browser again. As such, I am "limiting" myself to Top 10 this time:

:snorlax: Snorlax-Megas
01. okispokis and SimpyShrimp
02. abismal (and BitBitio)
03. ChoiceScarfed
04. The Damned [Self-Vote]
05. BlueRay and DrPumpkins
06. ry4242
07. bekama
08. ausma
09. hassayim
10. LordTheemberchaud

:swalot: Swalot-Megas
01. okispokis
02. The Damned [Self-Vote]
03. Burgundy
04. Magmajudis
05. shinxthe17! {admittedly a bit confused if this will "only" affect Poison status moves versus Steel like Corrosion currently does}
06. BlueRay & Paulluxx {admittedly also a bit confused here and just assuming that it also affects ungrounded mons too}
07. Mossy Sandwich
08. abismal
09. Bloopyghost
10. bekama

:wailord: Wailord-Megas
01. Paulluxx & KerosenseZanchu
02. okispokis
03. Gravity Monkey
04. The Damned [Self-Vote]
05. Sticky Fingaaa
06. abismal
07. Magmajudis
08. Hematemesis
09. jazzmat
10. Bloopyghost

*This is, of course, the royal "we".

snorlax
1. jazzmat
2. okispokis + SimpyShrimp
3. Paulluxx + Hematemesis
4. BlieRay + DrPumpkinz
5. LordThemberchaud

swalot
1. jazzmat
2. BlueRay + Paulluxx
3. okispokis
4. shinxthe17!
5. abismal
6. Magmajudis
7. Mossy Sandwich
8. Exploziff

wailord
1. jazzmat
2. Paulluxx + KeroseneZanchu
3. Magmajudis
4. Mossy Sandwich

Here's up my vote:
:snorlax: The Sleep Slave: OkisPokis n' SimpyShrimp, The Damned, Jazzmat
:wailord: Notorious B.I.G: Paulluxxn' Kero, Okispokis, Ausma
:swalot: Kiss: Mossy Sandwich, Shinxthe17, Exploziff

So uhh the time has come. It's the day we're finally waiting for. I'm leaving this mod, and technically Smogon as a whole. Megas For All is the first pet mod that I really participate in. This is a welcoming community and Iam glad that I joined this mod. Everybody was being nice to me, which is not often seen that much for me. I have a great time being here, discuss this mod and non-m4a discussion too. You guys have taught me quite a few things. Battling skills, drawing skills, and quite a lot more. However, I'd have to leave this mod on my own, to prioritize in real-life stuff Again, thanks for being a great community Sorry for not giving a proper goodbye.
Adieu!
Technically this is not permanent, and I might rejoin this mod after dealing with my irl issues. Feel free to dm SimpyShrimp#0204 on discord if you want to have a chat with me. Again, Adieu!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)