Metagame Analysis/Petition: Little Cup

ballad's right about the EVs, though. 196 on a lv 5 has the same effect as 252 on a lv 100, I've seen it for myself.
it's onyl really possible to get EVs off drugs ingame, really. i mean, there's no glitch like the breeder one in RBY that i've missed is there?

it's jsut that i was going to start a 'little league' due to the fact that these are really easy pokes to train (in that you don't train them, lol.)

*le sigh*

I just got a challenge from a team with 6 lv 100 ubers. .-.

BTW, I'm usually on smogon. If you wanna little cup battle, my name is zacky (little_cup)

I thought I remembered seeing this posted somewhere here, but I couldn't find it, so:

EVs are different for level 5ers. I recommend unchecking Snap when doing EVs, and make sure not to waste EVs.

For example, on Abra:

Abra (both Timid and Modest) only needs 197 speed and 236 special attack. Putting any more evs will be a waste. The rest of the EVs are exactly enough to bring Abra's attack stat by 1.

Oh, also, I'm curious... do Silk Scarf and those things gain any usefulness?

edit: I'm finding that with a +nature, 236 EVs is the maximum EVs to put in a stat. Without a +nature, 196 is the max EVs. I think this applies to HP, too. Apparently it takes about 77-78 EVs to increase a stat by one. I feel this is strangely familiar - I think someone already found the exact number but I don't know who. :\

edit2: I think DVs are significantly more important than normal because of the value of 1 stat point. I've found myself avoiding certain Hidden Powers because of this, but I haven't really tested how significant that 1 stat point is.

both edit2+edit1 are incorrect,stat formula is
Stat = Floor((Level(IV + 2BaseStat + Floor(EVs/4))/100 + 5)Personality)
or Stat = 10 + Level(IV + 2BaseStat + Floor(EVs / 4) + 100)/100
so in Lv 5 them are:
Floor((IV + 2BaseStat + Floor(Evs/4))/20 + 5)Personality) or
15 + Floor(IV + 2BaseStat + Floor(EVs / 4))/20
so 1 IV don't always reduce stat by 1 point,but is equal to 4 Evs

and max Evs is 252 - (2Basestat + IV + 12 mod 20)

edit3: I just realized how easy it would be to get a Belly Drum in with a Sitrus Berry... all it takes is a Belly Drum on a switch, Sitrus Berry fully heals, and you sweep. almost forgot that Cubone can't have Sitrus Berry AND Thick Club because that would be broken. :|

I've played level 1 battling before, and I would suppose it's similar to this.
I beat you. Heheh. On topic, Little Cup is a great idea, and it would totally beat the heat when we get tired of Skarmbliss and DDMence. I said WHEN, not IF.

Now that little cup is gaining popularity again perhaps these rules and clauses should come back into effect so this little meta game remains a fresh and fun diversion.

* Sleep Clause.

* Freeze Clause.

* Only Pokemon hatched from eggs are eligible.

* Eligible pokemon must be the first pokemon in an evolution chain.

* Item Clause is in effect.

* All Pokemon lv 5

* Selfdestruct moves on last pokemon is automatic loss.

* Dragon Rage and Sonicboom are banned.

* Scyther/Cubone/Wynaut/Chansey/Meditite/Clamperl are banned

* Evasion moves are NOT allowed.

* OHKO moves are NOT allowed.

* PP Ups are optional as is Rated/Unrated.

* Hax items are banned.

Clamperl and Cubone were the only easy way to meet Item Clause without having to use stuff like Oran Berry :[

Cubone and Clamperl are gay though and ruin the point of Little Cup. Actually it's arguable that Diglett does too.

yanma isnt allowed since its not a pre-evo and its techinically uu. also, we arent banning azurill because, while it gets Huge Power, its not nearly as good without salac or being passed speed.

We're talking Advance here. Yanma hasn't evolved yet. Future generations evolving it doesn't mean you can just throw it into baby environment here. That's kinda like saying we should allow Kuresia in DP Little Cup if the next Pokemon generation would let it evolve. Or allow Scyther in RBY Little Cup, if such a metagame existed.

So yeah, this guy is now banned, but he did shove us a guide in another thread. If you're willing to contribute please do it there, preferably just say "I'll fix it" and fix the problems I listed. This thread is now closed since it's kinda long and clogged and the guide should summarize it anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)