Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
The Gooed meta seems kind of interesting, if unbalanced as it stands. As a quick note for the OP - Steelix actually caps out its Defense in this meta at the hard cap of 255 - 160 (Onix's defense) doubled goes to 320 not 220.

134/250/80/60/60/116 Rampardos seems threatening on paper, but with how fast so many things are it kinda falls flat. You can always scarf it I suppose.

255/170/80/80/170/10 Snorlax is Blissey++, though without softboiled. Slow as hell, but getting through that special bulk is insane, even the physical bulk is absolutely absurd.
252+ Atk Choice Band 250 base attack Rampardos Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def 255/80 Snorlax: 559-658 (78.2 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Reckless 170 base attack Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Snorlax: 570-672 (79.8 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

90/40/100/120/240/50 Mantine isn't nearly bulky as Snorlax, but it does have access to Roost unlike him. Certainly not as strong either.

130/110/230/200/80/120 If you want a physical wall to pair with your survivor of the apocalypse Snorlax, Tangrowth fits the bill pretty well.

130/150/210/70/130/170 Gliscor can also fit the bill, with slightly less physical bulk in exchange for much better special bulk and more speed. It doesn't have quite as insane of an offensive stat as Tangrowth though. 4x ice weakness still kinda sucks.

180/130/130/80/80/30 Slowbro/Slowking aren't as bulky as any of the above but have Regenerator to allow for much better pivoting.

140/200/140/90/110/90 While Mudsdale isn't quite as bulky as some of the above, it's certainly much stronger. Not great, perhaps, but certainly respectable.

110/170/110/100/110/120 Volcarona isn't really an upgrade - Quiver Dance lacks most of the punch it used to have, although quite good bulk, physical attack, and speed is nice.

60/90/255/90/180/60 Probopass takes offense to the idea that Shuckle could have more defensive stats and so attempts to emulate them with terrible results.

Just for fun: Shedinja and Ninjask have 62/90/180/60/60/80, though I assume Shedinja will stay hard coded at 1HP. Ninjask meanwhile exchanges its speed for defense which I'd say kinda leaves it worse off though your mileage may vary.

120/120/120/70/70/60 Slaking curses everything it knows for this insult.

100/40/80/40/80/40 Azumarill is literally just a downgrade with no upsides.

If you make this an Ubers based metagame (which I personally say it should be - the standard OU mons are horrifically outpowered) and use the MnM mega stone format then a few interesting things exist.

90/160/200/70/74/56 Aegislash-Shield and 90/200/160/74/70/56 Aegislash-Blade seems to have decided that losing significant bulk between forms is for squares and also that special Aegislash cannot exist. Stance Change is now just a minor bonus to help Aegislash when it attacks, as 90/160/70 defenses aren't really much worse than 90/200/74 defenses after all.

134/146/134/146/134/146 Naganadel is very good, becoming actually very bulky and improving its power and speed. It can even break through the god among mortals Snorlax at +4 with LO or Dragonium! +4 252 SpA Life Orb Naganadel Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Snorlax: 563-664 (78.8 - 92.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

90/150/120/80/60/100 Base Salamence isn't anything too special - giving up special attack, special defense, and a minor HP drop for more attack and much more defense, but Mega Salamence (90/160/170/90/70/120) is more impressive than its usual state. Doesn't really hold a candle to some of the more absurd Pokemon however.

90/120/80/140/100/90 Blaziken rather agrees with it, gaining a good deal of special attack and appreciated buffs to speed and defenses. Mega Blaziken (90/160/90/160/120/110) does mixed quite well and has honestly respectable bulk, although much like Salamence, doesn't seem all that stunning.

80/110/160/70/120/60 Base Metagross drops a lot of attack, special attack, and some speed for much improved defenses. After going Mega (80/120/180/80/140/100) it almost seems like a downgrade from normal Mega Metagross - while the defenses are neat, the lower speed (particularly where everything is so fast) and mediocre attack hurt.

60/70/60/200/70/160 Gengar is mostly a flat upgrade from normal (slightly lower SpD for more Atk is not a worthwhile trade), but Mega Gengar (60/70/80/240/90/180) outspeeds most everything and traps with insane powered special moves. Absolutely horrifying.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
This Gooed meta looks somewhat similar to 350 Cup
I noted that on the OP of Gooed. I also adressed the reason as to why I think they make different enough metas:

- New moves upon evolving, giving notable coverage for the likes of 350 Abra vs Gooed Alakazam, with Abra lacking Focus Blast, an important coverage move for it

- Ability changes, such as how Pelipper can have a no-miss Hurricane and boosted STAB Water Moves due to Drizzle while Wingull wouldn't do a thing

- Type Changes, such as how Crabominable's STAB combo is way better than Crabrawler's pure fighting type

- Some mid-stages that also have less than 350 BST got boosted in 350cup, while here, they get an entirely different stat spread (Some examples include things like Staravia, Vibrava and Cleffa)

- The simple fact that the actual evolution is what changes makes it so that things like Gyarados are just unviable now, whereas in 350cup only Magikarp would have been affected by the changes (Another prime example of this is Chansey)

- Not every mon who is in it's base stage has less than 350 BST. This brings things like Wailord, Steelix and Lickilicky to the table

- Not every mon who has less than 350 BST is a base stage, and here they would be unchanged. Things like Smeargle, Delibird and the aforementioned mid-stages are still not that good

- The Mega mechanics that I am aiming at adds a lot of interesting new stuff to the meta

So, with these many things that they have in difference, I believe the meta can still be different

After seeing how most people like the Mega idea, I decided to make Mix n Mega rules apply to them from now on. This prevents the mons from having underwhelming Megas, and adds more stuff to the meta. As to wether make it Uber based or not, I'll still hold on it for a bit, but feel free to discuss wether it should or not be Uber-based.

The OP has been updated so that it follows the new Mega mechanics. Also, didn't mention it earlier, but Shedinja does stay with 1 HP as usual.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
so i've had this metagame idea in the back of my head for a while now and i figured i may as well get it out there to see what people think about it

Pluripotence
Ever think to yourself: "Man BH is somehow more restrictive than I thought, there's always this stuck MMY bring a counter to that oh no i gotta use Yveltal/Solgaleo... Kartana? oh no i gotta bring zygarde" or similar? Well I may or may not have a solution to that.
In this BH-based meta, you (almost) have full control over what exactly your Pokemon is! This is done by a few mechanics.

1. Your EVs determine your base stats.
A glaring issue is that in BH, where there's no theoretical EV limit, there's no reason to not slap 252 on everything in this sort of meta and have a bulky stally whatever powerhouse.
The solution is to implement a 510 EV limit during teambuilding, then give 252 EVs to that stat when the battle actually starts. This means you have 510 stat points to play around with... well not really, it's more like 330 as you'll see in a bit, yet still have the BH standard maximum EVs everywhere that you know and love.
Additionally, if you were to look at the list of rejected OMs, this concept has already been played with before. The primary issue I would see with this is extreme min-maxing. You can just slap 252 EVs in Attack and Speed and have a physically focused Deo-A on steroids.
The solution is to force a minimum EV value of 30 in each stat. This way, the min-maxiest you can get is something like 255/127/30/30/30/30. In addition, all stats (with the exception of HP because Chansey/Blissey exists) are limited to 180. I think 30/180/60/30/30/180 is a bit more manageable than 30/255/30/30/30/127 from an "yea i can wall this" standpoint.

2. Your typing is determined by a combination of the Pokemon you choose and your IVs.
This means you can't just run an epic meme team of 6 Magikarps unless you really want 6 water types.
The IV formula is floor(((HP&2)/2 + (Atk&2) + 2*(Def&2) + 4*(Spe&2) + 8*(SpA&2) + 16*(SpD&2))*17/63), which will give you the ID of your second type!
Since I see half of you cringing at whatever garbage I just said, let me put it in simpler terms: Do you remember that old formula that was used to determine the base power of your Hidden Power? Yeah, it's exactly like that. I just stuck Normal at 0 and Fairy at 17 then sandwiched the rest of the types in between in the same order.
All IVs are rounded up to 3 + 4n after calculation such that it won't matter in the end what you end up picking, you'll still have those juicy 31 IVs (or 3 at minimum). I put every IV spread alongside its typing in this pastebin for your convenience.

3. All Pokemon-specific mechanics are removed.
This means that abilities like Disguise are non-functional, items such as Light Ball and Eviolite are useless, and moves like Hyperspace Fury and Clangorous Soulblaze are unusable. Last but certainly not least, Mega-Evolution (or any forme change for that matter) is effectively removed and Shedinja is not hardcoded to 1 HP.
This is done to prevent overcentralization of particular mons, or to say that only NFEs should be used as it's inferior to not do so, etc. Everything has a mostly blank slate.

4. While not a mechanic, the results of the first two mechanics will be displayed during the match.
It's no fun to have to guess what a Pokemon is from the ground up solely based on its primary type. In Inheritance, you can get by with just team preview because you'll know the types and stat spread of a Pokemon will have a set of important donors from team preview. But what if you don't know the stat spread or typing..? That makes things harder.
In other words, the stat spread you chose, as well as the Pokemon's typing, will be displayed on Team Preview, as well as during the battle as you'd expect. This will let you use your problem-solving to take a stab at what the other things you normally wouldn't know are, while still being fair!

Contrasts and Comparisons:
Due to the low BST distribution as well as every typing now actually being possible, there are a lot more roles that can be fulfilled.
Say you're fighting a Psychic Terrain user. While you could go for the juicy Steel/Psychic type or Dark type wall of choice, why not go for some other mon? Perhaps it could be a Normal/Psychic type to take advantage of it yourself while blocking the ineivtable Moongeist beam. Or if you're afraid of Fighting coverage getting you down, a pure Psychic type wall is also an option now! If Ground/Fire types are annoying you with their Desolate Land boosted V-Creates coupled with PBlades, you can now unironically run a Primordial Sea Bug/Water type to beat it.
Offense gets a boon as well, since Marshadow-esque type combinations and that synergy you always wanted are finally possible. Wanted to abuse that juicy Fairy + Ground coverage? Now you can! Wanted some actually viable abusers of Electric or Grassy terrain? Look no further.

There are still some similar things to BH that you need to prep for, like Normalize, the terrains, hard hitters (from a more general standpoint) as well as hard walls, Imposter, that sort of thing. If it didn't necessarily rely on a single mon before, it's most likely not gonna change here. Keep your guard up!
Speed tiers are always a thing in BH because slow pivots will always be a thing, and they are similar in nature, but more homogenized. If you want to hit specific benchmarks, adjusting your stat points and IVs accordingly is surely the way to go (or level if you want to go down that path).

Banlist:
All BH bans except PDon.

PAQ:
"Why did you choose 510 EVs as a limit? Why not 720 like Arceus, 600 like most pseudo-legends, or others?"
510 is the most intuitive to most people, since that's the default limit for EVs, as well as the one that seems the most balanced to me personally. Since there is no HP limit, there's nothing to stop people from going "255/45/180/30/180/30 on all mons i win" if i were to make it 720, for instance. That would probably be way too stally of a meta for anyone's taste.

"Why did you choose 30 EVs as a lower bound?"
I felt that this would prevent extreme min-maxing enough. I'm willing to change this if necessary... keep in mind that every EV lower bound you suggest means you effectively add/subctract 6 to the "free pool" so don't go too crazy with this. (setting it to 20 gives you 60 extra points to work with...)

"Why is HP the only unlimited stat?"
Most Pokemon's stats (not counting megas) have been limited at 180. There are very few exceptions to this rule. Also Imposter still probably needs to be viable in order for any meta like this to be balanced.

"Why is the method to determine a secondary type so complicated?"
Well, normally I'd just say "use hidden power types ez" but this means that Pure Fairy and Normal types cannot exist (or anything with secondary types like that for that matter). This allows for the most diversity while still using a relatively familiar formula. I'd use nicknames but name-based OMs aren't really the best ideas...

"Can I make my Pokemon shiny so that the pri-"
Can't you just use a different Pokemon with the primary type you actually want? :blobthinking:

"Is this even codeable?"
Yes. i even already got a lot done, just need to figure out how illusion/transform will display/update and it'll be done guys i promise

Questions for the Community:
Does this meta seem complex? BH can already been seen as weird as it is so ignore that aspect of it, but I tried to make the new mechanics either as simple as possible, readily providable, or familiar in nature.
Is the stat limit balanced? While this is something that is best found out through testing, I want to try and keep offensive and defensive playstyles alike in terms of strength. I don't want to do anything more complex in limitations than "HP is the only stat that has no upper bound, otherwise range is 30-180," so really the one thing I think I can do is tinker with the base stat limit.
How should bans be handled? The nature of this metagame makes it such that individual Pokemon don't exist, so it's not as simple as banning PDon. Should only moves, items, and abilities be banned, or is there some way to handle stat spreads/typing?
I really, really want to play this.

My only issues are about the min-max spreads. I feel like 180-30 is kinda arbitrary. Maybe a rule like "You can't have a stat lower than the 1/5 of your highest stat" So that way you don't really have to put limits (255 in a stat means the others only have 51), but at the same time time I don't want to get a complex meta even more complex.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
My only issues are about the min-max spreads. I feel like 180-30 is kinda arbitrary. Maybe a rule like "You can't have a stat lower than the 1/5 of your highest stat" So that way you don't really have to put limits (255 in a stat means the others only have 51), but at the same time time I don't want to get a complex meta even more complex.
I have to agree that the values are somewhat arbitraily chosen, but it's what I felt would be ideal based on the 510 limit and already existing precedents. 30 was chosen based on headcalcs tho
Your idea seems interesting and I'll have to think about it, honestly, as it does solve the issue of limits being required in the first place. The purpose of the limits was to prevent absolute min-maxing for offensive/defensive potential, after all, and I don't think 51/255/51/51/51/51 or similar is gonna be all too threatening compared to 30/180/60/30/30/180

Thanks for the interest!

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Unfortunately without special-casing Aegislash, Blade form is just ±100 (or nearest) to the relevant stats, making it 90/255/100/170/1/56...
Well that's interesting, had no clue.

So Bladegislash hits with the force of a vengeful god, keeping almost acceptable physical bulk in the process and retaining the ability to do special attacks in exchange for having the special bulk of a wet piece of tissue paper. Guess you probably do want to keep King's Shield then.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Unfortunately without special-casing Aegislash, Blade form is just ±100 (or nearest) to the relevant stats, making it 90/255/100/170/1/56...
Well, is it possible (In terms of coding) to do it the way Merritt suggested? I'd rather it to be that way. Nevermind, keep it the way it is currently.

Either way, after analizing the meta's mons overall, I decided to make it Uber based as well. Seeing by how the power level goes up a lot more than usual in this meta, making the Ubers actually somewhat balanced. Of course, the banlist will later be revised to see what's worth banning and what's not.

Last edited:
name: Slots
Metagame premise: every slot in the team builder (item, ability, moves) can be filled up with any item, ability's or moves that the pokemon has access to examples:
Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Fusion Bolt
-Choice Band

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Knock Off
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sheer Force
- Fire Punch
- Sitrus Berry

Potential bans and threats: mega pokemon, Slaking, Regigigas, OU Ban list

Questions for the community: new name? can you use mega pokemon, Z Moves? can somebody code this? (please)

never mind its already been done

Last edited:
A bit after in the thread I expressed that I wasn’t interested in managing it so I gave permission to someone else in the thread who wanted to post it, but I guess they never did.

You can submit it as your own singularityO :)

Last edited:
Ultimate Future-z
Doubles OU

Premise: You can use z-moves an unlimited amount of times, but similar to future sight, they are only used after two turns.

Mechanics:
Special and physical moves work like Future Sight where the z-moves use the attacker's stats and the defending mon's/mons' stats.

Status moves will affect the position(s) that are targeted after two turns. The mon in the position that the z-status move was used in will be treated like it used that z-status move.

The boosts from clangorous soulblaze will be given to the mon that is at the position that it was used in after two turns.

Signature z-moves must be set-up by the correct pokemon, but after two turns, the move will not fail if a different pokemon is in the position that the z-move was used in.

Strategy:
The strategy is to either set up your own pokemon, set up z-moves to hit your opponent in the future, or to try to immediately defeat the mons on the field. Players will need to find ways to prepare themselves for incoming threats.

Clauses:
Standard Doubles OU without the gravity+sleep ban, but with a sleep clause.

I believe this idea is much different than the rejected delaymons idea.

Snorlax @ Normalium Z
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Crunch
- Self-Destruct
- Yawn
Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- Endure
- Return
- Hyper Voice
Yawn can give a +1 speed boost, while z-belly drum gives max attack. z-Self-Destruct sets up a powerful z-move. While Self-Destruct is a powerful move in general. Stockpile can give 100% heal and status boosts to an incoming mon.

Rock Slide is given to salamence because its target is “adjacent foes”.

Questions
Should I add this mechanic: “The Z-moves do ¼ the damage if the user used protect on the turn that they take hit from a z-move, unlike future sight”?

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
P U C E L T T I L

As most of you probably guessed out, Puc Elttil stands for Little Cup upside down. But why such a name? It's simply because this metagame is an inverted little cup : You can have whatever pokemon you want, but at level 5 and only with the moves it can learn up to this level, excluding TMs and move tutors. For exemple, if you're running Tyranitar, it could only have bite, elemental fangs, leer, screech, sandstorm, and some other egg move Larvitar learns including dragon dance and outrage.

Ubers are allowed in this meta since the difference of power is negligible and most big legendary have a really poor movepool at this point. (For instance, Xerneas only knows five moves at level 5, and none of them are offensive.)
Banlist: Dragon Rage, Sonicboom, maybe things like M-Blaziken and M-Gengar

I don't really have the time to set up a threat list, maybe I'll do one later

Questions:
- Can someone find a better name?
- Could this be an interesting metagame to test?
- Should I let the ubers go?

P U C E L T T I L

As most of you probably guessed out, Puc Elttil stands for Little Cup upside down. But why such a name? It's simply because this metagame is an inverted little cup : You can have whatever pokemon you want, but at level 5 and only with the moves it can learn up to this level, excluding TMs and move tutors. For exemple, if you're running Tyranitar, it could only have bite, elemental fangs, leer, screech, sandstorm, and some other egg move Larvitar learns including dragon dance and outrage.

Ubers are allowed in this meta since the difference of power is negligible and most big legendary have a really poor movepool at this point. (For instance, Xerneas only knows five moves at level 5, and none of them are offensive.)
Banlist: Dragon Rage, Sonicboom, maybe things like M-Blaziken and M-Gengar

I don't really have the time to set up a threat list, maybe I'll do one later

Questions:
- Can someone find a better name?
- Could this be an interesting metagame to test?
- Should I let the ubers go?
with most pokemon only being able to run 1 set effectively it might be a big stagnant, maybe raise the lvl to 10 or something.
also dusk mane necroz would still get sunsteel strike along with recovery so it'd be pretty good.

Z-Mines
Doubles OU

Premise: You can use z-moves an unlimited amount of times, but similar to future sight, they are only used after two turns.

Mechanics:
Special and physical moves work like Future Sight where the z-moves use the attacker's stats and the defending mon's/mons' stats.

Status moves will affect the position(s) that are targeted after two turns. The mon in the position that the z-status move was used in will be treated like it used that z-status move.

The boosts from clangorous soulblaze will be given to the mon that is at the position that it was used in after two turns.

Signature z-moves must be set-up by the correct pokemon, but after two turns, the move will not fail if a different pokemon is in the position that the z-move was used in.

Strategy:
The strategy is to either set up your own pokemon, set up z-moves to hit your opponent in the future, or to try to immediately defeat the mons on the field. Players will need to find ways to prepare themselves for incoming threats.

Clauses:
Standard Doubles OU without the gravity+sleep ban, but with a sleep clause.

I believe this idea is much different than the rejected delaymons idea.

Snorlax @ Normalium Z
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Crunch
- Self-Destruct
- Yawn
Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- Endure
- Return
- Hyper Voice
Yawn can give a +1 speed boost, while z-belly drum gives max attack. z-Self-Destruct sets up a powerful z-move. While Self-Destruct is a powerful move in general. Stockpile can give 100% heal and status boosts to an incoming mon.

Rock Slide is given to salamence because its target is “adjacent foes”.

Questions
Should I add this mechanic: “Z-mines do ¼ the damage if the user used protect on the turn that they take hit from a z-move, unlike future sight”?
Would a name like Future-Z be better?
I don't see why implementing a sleep clause. With Tapu Koko and Tapu Fini around, there's no need to do so. Also, your sample set isn't good since they lacked Protect (Gluttony Snorlax doesn't have the room for Protect and it can recovery) and Rock Slide isn't a move that you will see on Mega Salamence.

That's all I can say, really.

Magic Mayhem Maiden

formerly CorruptionInTheGovernment
Base Stat Mons
Metagame premise: Things like choice scarf or choice band or huge power only affects the base stat, not the finalized stats unlike normal pokemon. Things that would be affected would be choice items, salt vest, huge/pure power, weather speed boost, stat boosts in general, and other things. So a base 120 speed mon would now outspeed a base 55 speed pokemon with x2 speed stat boost. Also goddamn eviolite be nerfed
Potential bans and threats:
OU clause
idk for now
Questions for the community:
How will pokemons reliant on stat boosts or choice items fare in the metagame?
Is there a better name which is less misleading?

Metagame premise: Every Pokemon "has" Wonder Guard, so they can only get hit by super effective moves, but in return, each Pokemon will do instant KO. Not only that, if you use a status move against a Pokemon that is not weak to the type that the opponent is, it has no use (Haze, weather moves, or status moves that affect all Pokemons are unaffected). Normal type moves will deal 1/3 of the opponent's max HP.
Also this metagame would open up to use of shitty moves.
Potential bans and threats:
Ban List:
Pokemon:
Electross Evolution Line(for having no weakness)
Smeargle (for having every GODAMN MOVE)
Abilities:
Protean (for the user changing types)
Moves:
Reflect Type, Conversion, Conversion 2, and Roost (for the user changing types)
Burn Up (for having no type afterwards)
Trick Swap (for changing possibly useful abilities)
Hidden Power (every Pokemon would have it, so it would be centralized)
Magnet Rise (for the user having no immunities)
Items:
Focus Band (RNG for chance to live)
Focus Sash (No second chance)
Air Balloon (+Electric is Bae)
Other things as time passes.
Questions for the community:
How should we handle speed problem?
How should we handle low weakness problem? (Maybe add a rule with 1 type per team?)

Last edited:
The immediately apparent thing about "ShedinjaMons" is that every stat except speed is irrelevant, so everything will be running max speed. Meanwhile, Choice Scarf will be tough to use, unless you absolutely need something gone before they act again (and plan on switching right afterward)...or unless you're using the swiss army knife of the format, Sunsteel Strike Smeargle.

Merritt

no comment
Head TD
For the ShedinjaMons idea (gonna use that name because it sums it up well enough), you don’t explicitly state that hazards are ineffective or banned, so does whoever gets up rocks first and KO the opponent’s mon just win?

Meanwhile, since unless I’m reading this wrong, you state that weather works as usual so clearly the strategy of choice is to run Icy Rock or Focus Sash Protect / HP Fire / Brick Break /Hail Abomasnow and 6-0 all teams without ice types, Overcoat mons, or a weather setter (and SashHail means you can even beat them with proper prediction). Or run Aurorus whose immunity to sand is probably worth it.

Ban weather setting abilities? Hail / Protect / HP Fire / Low Kick sash Weavile and kill 5 Pokémon that aren’t ice type or Overcoat while the coverage moves hit every ice type for SE damage.

Alternatively, do this with sand for slightly worse “murder everything” coverage.

I find it an interesting choice to ban Focus Band and not Focus Sash to say the least.

Oh yeah and every Pokémon with Sturdy is BH Shedinja so you probably want to ban that.

A funny thing about ShedinjaMons is that, if speed is the most important, then Ninjask may be good. It is the fastest pokémon aside deoxys (which is Ubers) and can outspeed scarfers with Speed Boost, but i feel it relies too much on Hidden power for coverage and has a bad typing.

On a side note, Electric, Normal, Water/Ground, Dark/Poison, Ghost/Dark and Steel Bug all have only 1 weaknesses (Normal/Ghost is the only other combo with only 1 weakness, but no canon pokémon has it). And on top of that, they all have somewhat decent mons. This means you NEED to pack Ground, Fighting, Grass, Fairy, and Fire coverage on your team in order to not insta lose against any of them. Also, Electric and Dark/Poison have no weaknesses with an Air Balloon, and this item can make other pokémon even harder to hit, so i guess it is ban worthy.

On a side note, a lot of ubers can be unbanned, since you only care about speed and coverage.

Magic Mayhem Maiden

formerly CorruptionInTheGovernment
I might go to not lowering the HP to one, but everything is an instant 1 hit ko.
Also adding air balloon to banned items (why did i forget to add that)
To maybe counter pokemons with low weakness, you can only have 1 type per team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)