Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

pazza

Banned deucer.
Tier shift BH is already playable on some side server btw (I think something like piccolo's server or something)

Edit: when I played it I can't remember seeing gigas or Slaking so presumably they're banned which would make sense.

Some things like Registeel and Mega Audino get a significant increase in bulk which lets them carry out the same roles but better. Gastrodon gets quite impressive bulk as do some things like Regirock (120/240/140!). Offensively there's not much that really stands out more than the common BH threats but rampardos can be a good wall breaker with Head Smash and Archeops looks threatening. Guzzlord is bulkier and silvally is a better arceus.
Oh Alright thanks!

Reactions: pqs
The Ultimate Moves

Premise:
Remember in BW2 when there were awards for beating the elite 4 with a team consisting of just one type Pokemon? Imagine if the reward was more than just a medal. As your reward, there are special tutors who will teach your Pokemon the ultimate move of that type. So in this Ubers based Pet Mod there are 18 new moves to enjoy. By ultimate I don't necessarily mean the most damage dealing.

Examples:

Name: Magnetic Pulse
Type: Steel
Category: Special
Base Power: 100
Accuracy: 100
PP: 10
Z Effect: 180 BP Special Corkscrew Crash
Priority: 0
Animation: Shock Wave
Target: 1 Adjacent Pokemon
Effects: Hits Steel-type Pokemon for X2 damage, has a 30% chance to Paralyse
Notes: Powered up by Sheer Force, Steelworker and Mega Launcher. If used by something with Sheer Force, the paralysis chance is negated but it still hits Steel types for X2 damage.
Competetive Use: Gives special Steel-types a much stronger STAB to work with, rather than the weak Flash Cannon. The fact that it also lets them hit opposing Steel types for X2 damage drastically increases the otherwise mediocre coverage Steel type moves have.

Name: Ice Bomb
Type: Ice
Category: Physical
Base Power: 150
Accuracy: 80
PP: 5
Z Effect: 200 BP Physical Subzero Slammer
Animation: Self Destruct
Effects: If the attack misses, user suffers -2 defence and special defence
Notes: Pokemon with Bulletproof are immune. If the opponent dodges the move through Protect or its variants, the stat drops still occur. Clear Body and its variants do not prevent the stat drops.
Competetive use: The definition of high risk high return, this makes physical Ice types truly a force to be reckoned with. As Ice is the glass cannon type, it makes sense to have a glass cannon move.

Banlist: Ubers Banlist

Q&A

What gets the new moves?

Any Pokemon of that type, if they can learn tutor moves. Dialga could use both the Dragon and Steel type move.

What about Pokemon that change types?

Shaymin could learn both the Grass and Flying type move, however it could only use the Flying type move in its Sky Forme - it would simply fail if the land forme tried to use it. Primal Groudon could not learn the Fire type move, as its primal forme isn't available outside battle. Decidueye could have the Flying move in its set, but it would fail.

Why do the moves use animations of pre existing moves?

To make coding easier.

What about Arceus?

It can learn all 18 moves, regardless of forme. However, all but the ultimate move of the type it currently is would fail. Same story with Silvally.

Phase 1: Come up with ultimate moves of all 18 types.
Phase 2: Hold a tournament to see if any are broken / underwhelming
Phase 3: Modify or replace any that are considered broken or underwhelming
Phase 4: Repeat from phase 2

Last edited:
The Ultimate Moves

Premise:
Remember in BW2 when there were awards for beating the elite 4 with a team consisting of just one type Pokemon? Imagine if the reward was more than just a medal. As your reward, there are special tutors who will teach your Pokemon the ultimate move of that type. So in this Ubers based Pet Mod there are 18 new moves to enjoy. By ultimate I don't necessarily mean the most damage dealing.

Examples:

Name: Magnetic Pulse
Type: Steel
Category: Special
Base Power: 100
Accuracy: 100
PP: 10
Z Effect: 180 BP Special Corkscrew Crash
Animation: Shock Wave
Effects: Hits Steel-type Pokemon for X2 damage, has a 30% chance to Paralyse
Notes: Powered up by Sheer Force, Steelworker and Mega Launcher. If used by something with Sheer Force, the paralysis chance is negated but it still hits Steel types for X2 damage.
Competetive Use: Gives special Steel-types a much stronger STAB to work with, rather than the weak Flash Cannon. The fact that it also lets them hit opposing Steel types for X2 damage drastically increases the otherwise mediocre coverage Steel type moves have.

Name: Ice Bomb
Type: Ice
Category: Physical
Base Power: 150
Accuracy: 80
PP: 5
Z Effect: 200 BP Physical Subzero Slammer
Animation: Freeze Shock 2nd turn
Effects: If the attack misses, user suffers -2 defence and special defence
Notes: Pokemon with Bulletproof are immune. If the opponent dodges the move through Protect or its variants, the stat drops still occur. Clear Body and its variants do not prevent the stat drops.
Competetive use: The definition of high risk high return, this makes physical Ice types truly a force to be reckoned with. As Ice is the glass cannon type, it makes sense to have a glass cannon move.

Banlist: Ubers Banlist

Q&A

What gets the new moves?

Any Pokemon of that type, if they can learn tutor moves. Dialga could use both the Dragon and Steel type move.

What about Pokemon that change types?

Shaymin could learn both the Grass and Flying type move, however it could only use the Flying type move in its Sky Forme - it would simply fail if the land forme tried to use it. Primal Groudon could not learn the Fire type move, as its primal forme isn't available outside battle. Decidueye could have the Flying move in its set, but it would fail.

Why do the moves use animations of pre existing moves?

To make coding easier.

What about Arceus?

It can learn all 18 moves, regardless of forme. However, all but the ultimate move of the type it currently is would fail. Same story with Silvally.

Phase 1: Come up with ultimate moves of all 18 types.
Phase 2: Hold a tournament to see if any are broken / underwhelming
Phase 3: Modify or replace any that are considered broken or underwhelming
Phase 4: Repeat from phase 2
Sounds fun. I might just be a dumbass, but to be clear, would this be a monotype format?

Sounds fun. I might just be a dumbass, but to be clear, would this be a monotype format?
If I understood correctly it is not a monotype format but if you do use a monotype team you get access to those buffed moves. I might just be a dumbass as well but I think that should be how it works!

If I understood correctly it is not a monotype format but if you do use a monotype team you get access to those buffed moves. I might just be a dumbass as well but I think that should be how it works!
I'm pretty sure it just gives all mons of a certain type a new move of that type. The BW elite 4 thing was just flavour.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Shiny Shuffle

Metagame premise
: If a Pokémon is Shiny, it's Special moves become Physical and it's Physical moves become Special. No pokémon is shiny locked.
Potential bans and threats:
Regigigas - Could use it's special Stat now and half-ignore Slow Start
Mega Alakazam - Can use it's physical movepool now. Not much to say here.
Questions for the community: Does this actually sound interesting? Are there enough mons changed for it to be different than OU?

Shiny Shuffle
Metagame premise: If a Pokémon is Shiny, it's Special moves become Physical and it's Physical moves become Special. No pokémon is shiny locked.
Potential bans and threats:
Regigigas - Could use it's special Stat now and half-ignore Slow Start
Mega Alakazam - Can use it's physical movepool now. Not much to say here.
Questions for the community: Does this actually sound interesting? Are there enough mons changed for it to be different than OU?
Sheer force Nidoking could be interesting, being able to use its boosted moves like ice beam on the physical side now.
Physical Boomburst for Swellow (although it loses physical brave bird) and Toucannon.
Special Facade could see some use (quick feet facade Jolteon anyone?).
Tapu Koko can run a full physical set more easily now and can even have physical Hidden Power and Tapu Bulu can make use of a physical dazzling gleam.

I don't think Regigigas is anywhere close to banworthy with its base 80 special attack and useless ability.

Kyurem-B on the other hand gets Physical Ice Beam and Draco Meteor

Things like Draco Meteor etc are gonna be really strong since if you're physical the SpAtk drops aren't going to slow you down so maybe a ban on these might be needed, although apart from Draco Meteor the other stat drop moves don't have very good distribution so aren't so threatening.

Yeah I feel like swapping the Atk and SpA are actually better cuz' it does pretty much the same but doesn't make Leaf Storm, Draco Meteor and what not broken.

So, here's an idea I had a while back; I posted it all the way back in May but it got no feedback (probably because it was at the bottom of a page), so I'm reposting it now (with minor edits) because I still really like the idea. I looked around and couldn't find rules against it; if I missed something somewhere, I apologize to the mods, and no hard feelings if you delete this repost. Anyway, here we go...

No Immunity

Metagame Premise:
All immunities are negated.

How the Metagame Works: The premise is incredibly simple but it has a ton of competitive implications. Magearna goes from being immune to poison to being weak to it. Sableye is now dying to Close Combats. Better pack a Rapid Spinner to stop those Spikes from hitting your birds, good thing your opponent can't spinblock it! Tapu Koko giving you trouble, threatening to OHKO your Landorus-T with Thunderbolt? Paralyze it and call it a day. Should probably keep a Will-o-Wisp handy for when Charizard X switches in, too.

Potential Answers to Mechanics Questions: All immunities means all immunities - Levitate and Magnet Rise now do absolutely nothing, for example. In cases where it's an immunity + a second effect, the attack hits first and then the effect takes place. For example, let's say we have a Pokemon with Water Absorb being hit by a Water-type move. It will first take damage, and then after that (provided the damage didn't faint it), it'll then gain 25% of its max health. Also, moves that affect only a certain subset of Pokemon now affect everything. Hi there, Synchronoise! Finally, in case it wasn't clear, weaknesses and resists aren't negated, just immunities.

Potential Bans and Threats: For now, this meta will use the standard OU banlist, but with one exception: Arena Trap is banned even if the current suspect test ends with it still in OU. This meta makes it so it traps absolutely everything, even Ghosts! I don't really think I need to explain why that's stupidly busted. Other than that, maybe Tapu Koko since its Electric STAB is way more spammable now? I'm not 100% sold on it, though.

Questions For the Community: Does this seem like an interesting idea? If it does, should anything more be added to the initial banlist? Are there any mechanics questions you have that weren't addressed above? Anything else you could help me out with on this?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

So, here's an idea I had a while back; I posted it all the way back in May but it got no feedback (probably because it was at the bottom of a page), so I'm reposting it now (with minor edits) because I still really like the idea. I looked around and couldn't find rules against it; if I missed something somewhere, I apologize to the mods, and no hard feelings if you delete this repost. Anyway, here we go...
No Immunity

Metagame Premise:

How the Metagame Works: The premise is incredibly simple but it has a ton of competitive implications. Magearna goes from being immune to poison to being weak to it. Sableye is now dying to Close Combats. Better pack a Rapid Spinner to stop those Spikes from hitting your birds, good thing your opponent can't spinblock it! Tapu Koko giving you trouble, threatening to OHKO your Landorus-T with Thunderbolt? Paralyze it and call it a day. Should probably keep a Will-o-Wisp handy for when Charizard X switches in, too.

Potential Answers to Mechanics Questions: All immunities means all immunities - Levitate and Magnet Rise now do absolutely nothing, for example. In cases where it's an immunity + a second effect, the attack hits first and then the effect takes place. For example, let's say we have a Pokemon with Water Absorb being hit by a Water-type move. It will first take damage, and then after that (provided the damage didn't faint it), it'll then gain 25% of its max health. Also, moves that affect only a certain subset of Pokemon now affect everything. Hi there, Synchronoise! Finally, in case it wasn't clear, weaknesses and resists aren't negated, just immunities.

Potential Bans and Threats: For now, this meta will use the standard OU banlist, but with one exception: Arena Trap is banned even if the current suspect test ends with it still in OU. This meta makes it so it traps absolutely everything, even Ghosts! I don't really think I need to explain why that's stupidly busted. Other than that, maybe Tapu Koko since its Electric STAB is way more spammable now? I'm not 100% sold on it, though.

Questions For the Community: Does this seem like an interesting idea? If it does, should anything more be added to the initial banlist? Are there any mechanics questions you have that weren't addressed above? Anything else you could help me out with on this?

as demonstrated by thousand arrows, the ground type would be hilariously overpowered

also does this apply to prankster hitting dark types and powders hitting grass types?

No Immunity

Metagame Premise:

It REALLY reminds to me to Inverse battles (outside the inmunity to status and other stuff.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
as demonstrated by thousand arrows, the ground type would be hilariously overpowered

also does this apply to prankster hitting dark types and powders hitting grass types?
Seeing by how Burn and Paralyzis affect Fire and Electric now, I'd say probably

Also rip Salazzle, her ability does effectively nothing now

And also prepare for Dragon spam again. Actually, Garchomp can be fantastic in this since either if the stabs are spammable now

Thanks for the feedback!

Ground type being OP is definitely a fair point, but I'm not entirely sure how to keep it manageable without making this into a pet mod. Sure, we have Tangrowth and the like, but...hmm. Would it be worth adding Garchomp to the initial banlist, or would that be too theorymon-y?

And yes, Prankster hits Dark-types and powders hit Grass-types.

EDIT ChrystalFalchion Poison types still remove Toxic Spikes, but they do get poisoned first.

No Immunity

Metagame Premise:

Hazard stacking just got a lot more threatening, as nothing's immune to Sticky Web. Do Poison Types still remove Toxic Spikes, and if so do they get Poisoned first?

Idea: set all pokemon to lv 45, with no flat level rule. This means any pokemon that can't be caught or evolved to below lv 45 can't be used, such as most legendaries or pokemon that evolve at a high level. Ex. the lowest level you can ever get a Landorus legit is 50 in ORAS, so he would be out, but some other ou threats like greninja would be great since he evolves below 45. EV's and IV's would also slightly change, but I dont think it would significantly effect anything. I also dont think there need to be any bans since this is just removing but I'm not sure. What do you guys think? Also I need a name so let me know if you have a good one.

The Dream Radar allows things like Giratina, Lugia, and Ho-oh to be transferred as low as level 5 (and likewise Landorus would still be available at that level). I don't think you want to be introducing those to the environment.

Idea: set all pokemon to lv 45, with no flat level rule. This means any pokemon that can't be caught or evolved to below lv 45 can't be used, such as most legendaries or pokemon that evolve at a high level. Ex. the lowest level you can ever get a Landorus legit is 50 in ORAS, so he would be out, but some other ou threats like greninja would be great since he evolves below 45. EV's and IV's would also slightly change, but I dont think it would significantly effect anything. I also dont think there need to be any bans since this is just removing but I'm not sure. What do you guys think? Also I need a name so let me know if you have a good one.
IMO, make it a replica of the Pika Cup (pokemon stadium format where only Pokémon legal under level 20 are allowed) with OU banlist.

The Dream Radar allows things like Giratina, Lugia, and Ho-oh to be transferred as low as level 5 (and likewise Landorus would still be available at that level). I don't think you want to be introducing those to the environment.
Crap.
Ummmmmmm.... Only thing from main series games allowed! Need to keep landorus out of my meta PRESERVE THE HEALTH IF THE GAME.

IMO, make it a replica of the Pika Cup (pokemon stadium format where only Pokémon legal under level 20 are allowed) with OU banlist.
But at that point it might as well be NFE with some random low level evolutions or giveaways. Perhaps 45 might be too unrestrictive, but I still want it to be fairly open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)